Keychain of Creation

Coyotekin said:
I figured to most as the standard geek has been to a convention or 5 by mid-20s
Hah.

You wouldn't believe the Conventions I've MISSED since joining the Army.

Even if I wasn't deployed to the Third World Hellhole Of the Week, I've been in the field or at a school or stationed in Germany (not going to a German convention since I don't sprechen, can't afford to fly back for a Con either) for almost every one I wanted to go to.

I did put in leave to go to DragonCon this year, though.  I think that's the first one I actually made it to in 9 years.

I almost made it to FenCon in Dallas this year, but I got a slot to get eye surgery (PRK) two days prior and I didn't want to get bumped down the waiting list.

I went to a couple before enlisting, but I've largely given up on 'em since.

Military can inhibit going to COns, I will attest to that.

And if you have any questions about PRK, more than you have already asked the Dr., then feel free to ask me. I got it done about 3 years ago.

Coyotekin said:
Military can inhibit going to COns, I will attest to that.
And if you have any questions about PRK, more than you have already asked the Dr., then feel free to ask me. I got it done about 3 years ago.
Nope.  I had it done in September so my left eye is healed and seeing 20/15.  My right eye has some scar tissue in the center of the eye impairing the focus and the Doc is talking about considering re-doing the part where you scrub off the top of the cornea (it's 0515 and I forget the technical terms) if it doesn't clear up by the end of the month.

Urg.

Obviously, the influence of both Creation and necrotic Essence Mew Cai has received should transmorph it into a full-fledged and insane Underworld spirit obsessed with destroying Misho's and Ben's bunches.

And also develop Protocols AND Necromancy. And SMA and Alchemical Charms and DBT. This way, Mew Cai will be the most bestest character possible in Exalted, if handled correctly.

Hey Ben!  Look at this!  Oh, wait, I forgot.  You can't!  Haha!

A certain artist got more awesome points.  :3

... Sadistic bastards who abuse flaws tend to make me want to have them for a GM for some reason.

But EM is a sadist and abuses Flaws all of the time.

Do you really want him as a ST?

Actually, he's a really good GM, as long as he doesn't get bored.

If he gets bored, look out for the ultra-deadly traps slated for the new characters.

Hmmmm, sounds a lot like what I do. Even worse when characters go solo for too long. I do not like having the group left out for long. They all came to play after all.

Yes, I would.  In fact, I'm sort of tempted to go beg for a Modern-day Exalted, since I have an idea for a PC...   :P

AstraKiseki said:
Yes, I would.  In fact, I'm sort of tempted to go beg for a Modern-day Exalted, since I have an idea for a PC...   :P
Modern-Day Exalted?  Didn't someone do that up for 1st Edition rules?  Something about a "Long Second Age".  I seem to remember that floating around the internet somewhere.  How much work would that be to convert it to 2nd Edition?

My only caveat is that I want freakin' proper firearms.   :)

Jakk Bey did, Modernis Mundi. Seperately, I know plenty of others have done something similar in one way or another, but his is the one that is best known, to my knowledge, and has spread beyond just his gaming table.

DG's running something similar in one of our own games. Its fun being a DB military officer trying to rebuild the US in a post Apocalyptic Creation/Earth.

Decurion said:
AstraKiseki said:
Modern-Day Exalted?  Didn't someone do that up for 1st Edition rules?  Something about a "Long Second Age".  I seem to remember that floating around the internet somewhere.  How much work would that be to convert it to 2nd Edition?

My only caveat is that I want freakin' proper firearms.   :)
I think I did a fair job with Firearms for Exalted in Modernis--including Gunklaives and Cannon-Tetsubo.  It's in the Downloads section if you want to check it out, along with a big ass map I did for the setting. Development art for the setting is in my 1E Submissions profile in Lore 5--that nifty link at the top will take you there.

I am *in* an Exalted/oWoD crossover, and a Modern Creation game already, and they are such successes that I wanted to play in something like it again.  Though the Modern Creation one is a high school game that is a little crazy and the ExWoD is pretty much awesome and sex on a stick.

The only problem is that I *suck* at being a GM.  I have way too many ideas for games, and can't run any of them.  :?

Let's paddle back to the story, shall we?   :P

I just loooooved how Wind just... didn't care to stop Misho. That was great. That would have been exactly my reaction.

:) Happy 100th comic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back