• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaizoic: Earth Reborn

“Yeah uh huh.” Kairo said, looking down at the man. “Are you still gonna mess with me then? Because I know this thing’s worth waaaay more then a few bags of seeds.”

The shopkeeper scowled. “Fine. Take your pick, but keep in mind I can’t give any change. Trade for equal worth only.” He signed in defeat at the last statement.

Kairo perked up at that. It was definitely a lot simpler to bargain with the man now that he had this thing in his hands. A victorious smile made it’s way on his face as he looked through the room, realizing that he really could buy out all his inventory if he really wanted to.

“Why thank you.” Kairo snarked, passing the coin to the man, before quickly perusing the great amount of stuff in Vincent’s store.

He took his time as he needed to figure out precisely what he needed for the trip back home. In reality, the amount of stuff he could get would far outweigh the amount of stuff he needed. By the end, a good 30 minutes had passed and Kairo’s haul was so big he could barely carry it by himself. There were metal vambraces, a leather breastplate that extended to his shoulders, steel toed boots and a nice jacket to go on top of that. He decided to opt for some weapons too, and what logically seemed easy to use was a hatchet. It was just easier to swing something rather than cutting. Then again, he had enough money, so he decided to grab a small dagger as well. In addition to that, he grabbed as many crossbow bolts as he could carry, making sure that they were heavy duty enough to do actual damage.

Finally supplies, food was necessary, and he grabbed lots of it, whatever he could find that wouldn’t go bad he took. Besides that, he had medicine, 2 sleeping bags, a pot, some flint, rope and bandages. That seemed like enough for him And Rufus to last for months, let alone a few days.

Finally, just to really get his moneys worth, he eyed a ring a metallic ring with some kind of inscription he didn’t quite recognize. The thing looked nice, and Kairo was pretty sure it was made from some kind of expensive metal. Perfect for squeezing every penny out of this deal.

He brought everything to Vincent, dumping it next to the man with a heavy exhale as he dropped it.
“This too.” He said, holding the ring between his index and middle finger.

“Well you can afford everything with that thing except the ring.” Vincent pointed out. “That’s from Dakovis. The Rithian town that burned up way back. You probably don’t know, but that’s a ring I managed to acquire after the Irokai left. It belonged to the noble family that ran the show.” He pointed to the ring’s symbol of a stylized horned lizard coiled around a tower.
“The Kendalts. It’s worth just as much as that coin since I had it refitted for a human finger. So unless you got another coin . . .” He smirked, certain that Kairo didn’t, and outstretched his palm to take the ring back.

Kairo raised his eyebrow in suspicion. It became really hard to trust this man and what he had to say, especially after all the times that Vincent had scammed him and Rufus. If it wasn’t for the fact that the man’s story was so elaborate, he wouldn’t have believed him. This time though he would give him the benefit of the doubt.

That didn’t mean he was gonna pass on the ring though. He wasn’t one for extravagant goods but it would be nice to splurge on himself for once in his life. Besides that, he had a sinking feeling that the thing would be important later on.

Kairo smiled at the man. “Well if that’s the case.” He handed the ring back to Vincent. “I’ll be back in a minute with one more, save it for me.”

Kairo’s devious grin only grew wider as he listened to Vincent’s shocked words. Normally he was the one who ended up to surprised for words, so it was a really nice change of pace to see that expression on someone else besides him.

“Roofs got one more too. He’ll be coming by soon as well.“ Kairo said, walking out the door. “Just to let you know!”

Vincent looked around at his store, believing that it would soon be less stocked and he may be able to retire soon.

Outside, Bom was walking down the opposite side of the street toward the Traveler’s Rest. Darrek has returned with Crina, and the two were chatting outside what looked to have once been the town’s blacksmith. Now it looked to have been converted into a storage shed for the Vindav of Drafisl.

Kairo smiled as he exited the shop, spirit back up. He hadn't felt this good in a long time, and considering the rocky start to his day, that was nothing short of a miracle. In less than a few hours he had gone from being dirt poor and in inner turmoil, to literally being able to buy this town.

He began to walk straight back to the library, before he caught a glance of Bom walking away from the establishment and further out of the town. He watched him for a few seconds, wondering where the old kendian was going, before remembering the argument said Kendian had with Darrek just half an hour earlier. It was pretty obvious what Bom's objective was once he realized that. Maybe Kairo better ask him about it sometime.

Or better yet, he could ask Darrek, who wasn't walking away from town. He was accompanied by Crina as well, which was always a plus. He approached the two, looking quite smug as he did so. "Hey!" He called out once he was in talking distance. "What's going on here?"

“Wondering which clan will arrive first.” Crina shrugged. “I think it’ll be Clan Farei. They were first last year.”

“I’m hoping it’s Khazid.” Darrek added in. “Friend of ours is in it, and I’m hoping to see him before I go. Us three grew up together here.”

“Wait, you’re leaving again?” Crina cocked her head. “Already?”

“Yeah . . . I’m sorry.” The young irokai frowned, but didn’t look at the petite young woman directly.

“What the hell, Darrek? You duck out for six years and now you’re doing it again?” She punched him in the stomach pointlessly, and grunted at the new pain in her knuckle.

“Calm down it won’t be until after the festival.”

“Cräga will whup you when she finds out.” The blonde warned.

Last edited:
"Ehh, I feel like that's gonna happen a lot sooner then you think." Kairo gestured back towards Bom, who was barely recognizable at this point from the horizon. "He couldn't convince you to stay right?"

“It’s complicated.” Darrek sighed. “I can’t just stay in this town my whole life. I mean Talom got to finally travel with the clan, but I was still stuck here.” He looked at Crina. “I had to get out . . . Not saying it was the right decision, though.” He rubbed the spot on his shoulder that had been shot earlier in the week.

“Talom wasn’t alone though.” Crina said softly. “Darrek we were worried about you for so long. You didn’t even say goodbye.@

A heavy sigh left Darrek’s mouth. “I know . . . And I’m sorry.”

Crina reaches up to pat his arm, and looked at Kairo.
“In a desperate attempt to change the subject; why are you still going in that sleazy freak’s store?” She asked him with a grimace to the general store behind him.

"Oh. That?" Kairo replied, realizing the attention was now on him. "Eh, I risked my life catching a pouncer wasp for some old Vindav named Tarlim, and he thanked me with gold trade coins. Soooo I decided to splurge a little on myself. He was kind of the only one here who'd accept that kind of stuff."

“What’d you buy?” Darrek smirked toothily. “Bet the skinflint is stashing that thing right now.”

Crina gawked at Kairo. “You caught a Pouncer? In Tarlim’s?” She scoffed. “Bom has been telling him to clean his damn house.”

"Pffft yeah, that man's house is like a junkyard. The literal definition of a hoarder." He joked. "And concerning what I bought, there was so much I can barely keep track. There was this one ring though. Apparently from the ruling lords of Dakovis before it burned down."

Last edited:
“Really?” Darrek looked at the silhouette of the dwarf inside the store. “How’d he get it, you think? Hardly anyone knows where Dakovis was anymore. I know it was built in the mountain but that’s it.”

Crina shook her head. “I remember that time you dragged me and Talom out to try and find it.”

Darrek cringed. “Ugh. Why’d you have to bring that up?”

“Because Taroz-Gharm showed up and you screamed like a girl.” She jested, elbowing Darrek in the side. This made him shift away from her, as though he were ticklish there. “He led us all back to Drafisl and left us at the gate. Told us not to go in that part of the jungle again.”

Darrek sighed. “Never saw him again until I met you and Rufus.”

“Where is Rufus anyway?” Crina looked about.

"He left by himself to find another job. Probably out doing courier work again or something." Kairo explained, hoping that whatever the situation the other man had landed himself in, it wouldn't be as bad as the courier job they took. He worried for the man, especially when it came to an environment as hostile as this one. Rufus could take care of himself, but nobody could ever be too sure.

Trying to get his mind off the topic, he brought back the old conversation topic. "Hey, you ever wonder why Dracon didn't tell you to go that way? There's definitely something he's hiding up there."

“Well I mean he used to live there I heard.” Darrek shrugged. “He’s Feral so I figured he was just territorial and cut us slack so the Khazid clan wouldn’t get pissed.”

“There are also a few packs of wolves and Tyravi sometimes so Bom didn’t want us going up there either way.” Crina added in.

The irokai nodded and looked at Kairo. “You think he’s hiding something?”

“Wait, that’s his name?” Crina asked.

That was a good question with a pretty obvious answer. It was pretty clear Dracon was hiding a lot of things. But this particular case? He couldn't be too sure of that. The Irokai could have just been attempting to act as the voice of reason, but there was still the odd chance that he actually was keeping something up there a secret.

"Well he's clearly been hiding a lot of things from us." Kairo answered. "I don't know if he's hiding something up there, but I wouldn't rule it out."

“Well I’m not going anywhere near that psycho, thank you very much.” Darrek let out a false laugh and tossed a loose part of his scarf around his neck as though it proved his point.

Crina only stared at him blankly.
“That was the pansiest thing I’ve seen you do since you screamed like a girl.” She said bluntly.

Darrek’s response was a quiet growl.

Kairo couldn't hold back a small chuckle at Crina's comment.
"Hey there's nothing wrong with being a bit pansy." He teased, rubbing it in. "Though it is a bit of a problem when you're scared of someone a foot shorter than you."

Darrek looked at him in slight offense.
“The guy rips out peoples’ throats with his teeth, Kairo. He’s a damn wild animal.”

“You are a foot taller than him though.” Crina pointed out.

“I’m also better looking than him, so what? You don’t see me going on murder sprees in the jungle.”

Kairo couldn’t help but roll his eyes, but his mouth, pursed in a grin, revealed how he really felt. These two were definitely fun to be around.

“Yeah whatever.” Kairo waved him off。”hey, I still gotta get Vincent another one of those gold coins. You guys wanna come with me? Make sure he isn’t ripping me off?”

“Yeah sure.” Darrek smiled and gestured to the library. “The box is still in there. You need to find a place to put that, you know.”

“I don’t want to deal with that guy.” Crina sneered at the general store as she brushed off a clump of dirt on her skirt.

“He giving you trouble, Crina?”

“The same type he gave Cräga before she set him straight.”

“Ew.” Darrek sneered similarly to the blonde. “Want me to set him straight on your behalf?”

“Pffft. Please.” Crina laughed.

The irokai glanced back to her. “What?”

“You aren’t a fighter Darrek.” She pointed out with a smile. “It’s fine, I’ve got to get back to helping out with the cooks anyway.”

Kairo grimaced. He could pretty easily infer what kind of attention Vincent was giving the girl.

“You sure you don’t wanna at least come to the library?” He asked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back