• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaizoic: Earth Reborn

Bom grunted in surprise at the small human's sudden display of affection, both he and Darrek exchanged glances.

"Ok ok." Darrek pried Kairo off. "Let's not get mushy about it."

"Realistically, you are quite limited on them." Bom commented on the matter.

"He is?" Said Darrek with a cocked brow.

He nodded. "Only Mr. Boklovitz has the means to bargain for money, but his finances are limited as well. He could not afford to exchange for one, depending on the purchase." The last statement he said with his attention on Kairo.

“That’s fine.” Kairo said, seemingly undeterred. “Just gotta find someplace close to Drafisl that will exchange this stuff. There’s places like that right?”

Darrek wavered to answer.
"Only place near here got shot up." He informed with a knowing look in his eyes.
"The Kaveran Trading Post is the only one this side of the jungle."

Kairo’s excitement visibly deflated at that. “So basically I’ve hit a jackpot that I can’t spend.” He said, fiddling one of the coins in his hand. “Eh that’s fine. I’ll go and see if Vincent can take a few of these off me. If worse comes to worse I bet someone at the festival would pay pretty well for one of these.”

"Unfortunately, the clans won't arrive for another few weeks." Said the old Kendian as he took a coin to inspect.

"Your best bet would be Vincent I'd say." Darrek nodded. "But uh . . . Only take one to use. You don't want to flaunt this kind of stash around."

Kairo sighed to himself, not particularly enjoying the position he was being put in. “Yeah, probably a good idea.” Kairo mentioned with the slightest hint of a laugh. He pocketed the coin he had been fidgeting with.

“I don’t need much, just some supplies to get back to camp. I’d bet Vincent’ll at least have enough for that.”

Kairo looked over at Darrek. He was pretty sure he mentioned his camp back when they were returning to Drafisl. Maybe Darrek hadn’t fully heard him? Then again, there wouldn’t be much harm telling him again. Darrek already knew that he was from the old world anyway. He’d grown tired of keeping this under wraps.

“Mhm.” Kairo nodded. “Me and a few of my people have a small camp in the jungle. I was supposed to stay there but then a lot happened and me and Rufus ended up here instead.” Kairo explained, remembering the Tyravi, and Dracons attack. “Don’t get me wrong, I like it here, but things weren’t exactly pretty when we left. I gotta get back to make sure things are okay.”

"I understand." Darrek nodded with a gentle grin. "Hope it works out. I may be heading out myself pretty soon . . . After the festival of course."

Bom glanced to Darrek. "Are you sure?"

"I never found what I was looking for, Bom."

The Kendian frowned. "I know." His head hung slightly. "I know."

Kairo smiled understandably at the irokai. “Good luck man. You better find them quick so Bom can rest easy.” Kairo added jokingly, though he silently hoped it was true. The wise kendian clearly saw Darrek as his own son. The Irokai definitely didn't lack any kind of parental love in his life, but he understood his urge to find his real parents. It seems like there wasn't a real way to make everyone happy in this situation.

Last edited:
Darrek smiled softly, but Bom was silent.

"Hmm . . ." He hummed, and stood. "Darrek, is Cräga still at the Rest?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I think I'll pay a visit later." He smiled.

Darrek glanced outside. "Bom . . . Normally I'd be all for that but that crazy feral is in there right now."

"Taroz-Gharm?" Bom cocked a brow. "He's here?"

"Yeah." Nodded the irokai. "I was going to ask advice on how to deal with that . . . I mean aren't the townsfolk going to chase him off?"

"No. They don't have any quarrel with him."

Kairo cocked an eyebrow. If he remembered correctly it seemed that the people at the inn seemed to be pretty alarmed when Dracon came in.
“I feel like that’d change with the festival coming up though.” Kairo acknowledged. “The people back at the inn didn’t seem too happy to see him.”

"They don't have a reason to antagonize him no, but they also have not one to accept him either." He explained. "Their superstition and opinion of irokai cannot be helped unfortunately."

Last edited:
Kairo nodded in understanding. Thank gosh he’d caught up on his world history or else he wouldn’t have understand what Bom meant. It definitely didn’t help that Dracon was scar covered and prone to violence either. That irokai was hard to figure out, especially when every time he took a step forward, said Irokai would take two steps back.

On the other hand though, he was pretty sure something like that wasn’t going to stop Bom from going to see Cräga anyway. One thing most of the people he’s met has in common was there acceptance of Dracon.

“Uhhh. You’re still gonna see Cräga though, right?” Kairo inquired, making sure. “Mind if I ask what your gonna talk to her about, or is that weird?”

"I confess I am going to ask that she help me to convince young Darrek to stay." He looked at the aforementioned young male. "You left too young Darrek. Too young to go back into the world now."

"Bom . . ." Darrek sighed.

Yup definitely a bad idea to ask. He looked between the two, clearly understanding that this wasn’t a conversation that he should get involved him.

“ughhh. Maybe I should go find Vincent now. Figure out what I could trade this with.” He said, getting out of the chair.

"I'll see you later, Kairo." Darrek added, glaring at Bom.

Upon leaving, Kairo would overhear their conversation from behind the walls. Bom expressing his concern and worry while Darrek explained his point of view.

Kairo exitted the bookstore with a quick smile and a wave goodbye, before quickly closing the door. As much as he was interested in what was going on, this wasn’t a conversation he should budge into. Who was he, a stranger the two had just met, to get caught up in their personal lives? This was their problem to figure out.

So in the meantime, even though it was a bit early, it was probably a good idea to visit Vincent. The place wasn’t far at all from Bom’s bookstore, and within a moment he was at the shops front door. He entered the establishment, looking for the man in question.

The dwarfish fellow was taking inventory on his store when Kairo entered. The establishment still stank of tobacco smoke.

"Back again?" Vincent noticed Kairo from the corner of his eye. "You're still not getting any charity from me."

It didn’t take long to find the short man amidst the shelves of inventory and choking smell of smoke, as he made his presence quite clear through his voice. He looked over at the man, listening to what he had to say.

Charity? Oh Vincent definitely got it very wrong this time.
“Oh believe me, I’m not THAT desperate.” He said, a cocky smirk on his face. “I’m here because I’ve got something you might want.” He rummaged through his pocket, pulling out the gold Rithian coin.

Vincent scoffed. "Look, I don't deal in scrap like what that Darrek kid brings me . . . So whatever-" he noticed the coin and blinked at the glitter of the doubloon's gems in the light.
"Where in the damn hell did you get that?"

“Some nice guy was feeling kind and gave it to me.” Kairo said jokingly, the subtle shock on his face clearly made up for the last few times he’s gotten scammed. “You’ll deal with this righto?”

He cleared his throat. “Well yeah, I’ll trade it for a few sacks of seed or along those lines.” Vincent said with a grin and a gestured hand toward his stock.

Kairo was definitely surprised, did he really leave such a bad impression on Vincent that the man would try and pull this bullshit? He swore he never looked this clueless in front of the man before.

“Or. I could leave the shop right now.” Kairo said, clearly not amused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back