• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaizoic: Earth Reborn

Bom lifted a finger, not daring to draw his attention from the scroll.

"I shall be with you in a moment." He said quietly and with no realization of who it was speaking to him.
"I am translating."

“Oh. Okay.” Kairo said, cocking an eyebrow. He did seem super into the scroll, so it might as well do both of them some good if he left him alone for now. Instead, he began browsing through the scrolls to kill time.

The Kendian scholar continued translating whatever language was written upon the ragged paper, and was swift in his work.
He wrote his notes with a quill-like utensil that was attached to his claw instead of gripped in his hand like a human pen.
He set the writing tool aside and looked up to see the human.

"Ahh . . . Mr. Hunjan. How are we today?" He greeted with a removal of his spectacles.

Kairo had occupied himself by counting the books on the shelves when Bom got to him. It startled him slightly hearing his voice. He found himself to be more on edge ever since running into Bazin.

He turned to look at Bom, smiling a bit to see his presence had been acknowledge. “Weeeell considering I’m still alive today, I’d say pretty good.” Kairo answered, walking over to the desk Bom sat on. “What are you translating?”

"An Arvekian document from the Founding Council days." He gently put away the antique. "It's a religious passage regarding Imofernii's daughter, Amaxii."
He stopped to sniff the air.
"Youngling . . ." His great head looked at Kairo. Even sitting down, the Archo towered over the human.
"Why do you smell of blood?"

The question caught Kairo off guard. His hand unconsciously found the wounds on his scalp. It had scabbed over. As he ran his hand through his air, there was the faint outline of red transferred onto it. It made him cringe just a little bit.

“You heard of a guy named Bazin?” Kairo asked, “he found out who me and Rufus are, and we fought. It’s not that bad, trust me. Feels kinda like a migraine.”

Bom shook his head.
"I do not know that name." He stood up from his desk.
"Let me treat that wound before it gets infected."

The Kendian stepped to a nearby shelf and pulled down a jar of viscous liquid with a slight green tint.
An assortment of pictures decorated the walls of his corner desk, some bearing a younger version of himself.

A smile made its way on his face as he gave the Kendian a quick thank you. As Bom went to grab whatever was necessary, Kairo noticed the pictures on the wall. He seemed particularly focussed on the ones where Bom seemed younger.

"Ya know, its hard to imagine you as anything other than a wise old man." he said, pointing at one of the pictures.

"I was young once, yes." Bom smiled softly. "A hunter and traveler, like many Kendians searching to be a Clan Chief."

The black-and-white picture Kairo was looking at showed a young Bom, painted with tribal markings and wearing simple robes that left most of his chest bare.
Around him seemed to be a construction site. Logs were stacked behind him, and a few Vindav could be seen working with Irokai in the far right side to construct a house frame.

Kairo nodded respectively as he continued to examine the picture. He didn’t know if this was taken in Drafisl, but with the saurians in the back, it was pretty likely that it was the case. Bom truly didn’t look anything like he did now, but then again, no one really stayed the same for such a long time anyway.

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but we’re you the chief of Drafisl?” Kairo asked, “Still kind of green with how things work here.”

The Kendian laughed. "Back then I was only advisor to the chief of Clan Khazad. We had only just given permission to the Rithian Prince to build settlements in our territory.
Drafisl was going to be the farming community . . . The primary settlement was Kardonis; at the base of the mountain." He pointed outside.
"I became Chief after that was built. Drafisl, Kardonis, and a few other settlements fell under the rule of that Prince."

A small smile graced Kairo's face as he listened to the story. Everytime he'd met Bom, he'd learn a little bit more about the world he'd been thrusted in. This was nowhere near an exception.

"That's a lot of places and things I don't know." Kairo joked, letting out a small chuckle as he rested his cheek on his palm. "But I think I'm beginning to understand."

"Every day is a new lesson, young one." Bom smiled back at the human and sat back down with the jar in hand.
"Rub this on your head every morning and keep those wounds clean. You don't want the smell of blood on your head."

Kairo nodded, taking the jar from Bom. He had no clue of what was inside the thing, but still proceeded to apply some of it on the wound. The distinct cold feeling of the concoction stung for a second, before he felt almost immediate relief. He visibly relaxed, letting out a satisfied sigh.

"You're the best Bom." He said, setting the jar down. "Trust me, after everything that's happened the last two days, I needed something good."

"You are welcome, but why are you here?" He inquired softly. "I'm confident you didn't expect me to have the remedy for your wound."

“Oh yeah that!” Kairo said surprisingly. He’d gotten so caught up with everything that he’d forgotten what he was doing here.

“I was actually hoping you’d have some kind of work for me. Me and Roof’s last job didn’t go....as planned. So we really need the extra money.”

"Ah." The Kendian scratched under his neck. "Well I myself cannot pay you for services . . . But maybe. . ." He glanced at the front windows. "I heard Tarlim has a problem with a Pouncer Wasp in his garden. He trades out of town, so he may have money to pay with."

A pouncer wasp? That sounded, rather unpleasant, but he’d do anything for a bit of cash right now. If this was his only option, he would take it.

“That works.” Kairo stated. “Should I be worried though? About the pouncer wasp?”

Kairo nodded, feeling way to relieved to ever tell Bom.
“Long as it won’t kill me.” Kairo said, standing up. “You know where I can find this Tarlim guy?”

Bom looked to the window. "He lives in the old shack on the back edge of the village. It's the last Rithian building left, so it's difficult to miss." He explained to Kairo. "He's allergic to Pouncer Wasps, so he would appreciate the help."

Kairo nodded, making a mental note of what Bom had said to him. It scared him slightly to hear that Tarlim lived in a Rithian building. Considering rithia currently had a bounty on his head, he probably had a right to be fearful. Though he knew Bom was smart enough to have probably thought of that. Tarlim would probably be fine.

“Okay then, doesn’t sound too bad.” He said, before exiting for the door. Before he left he turned back to face the Kendian one last time. “Hey! Thank for the help Bom. I appreciate it!”

The former chief nodded. "Of course." He returned to organizing his scrolls. "Be sure you don't expose your neck." His tone was calm but cautious.

“oh?” Kairo blurted out. Clearly a bit surprised. This didn’t seem like it’d be as harmless as he originally thought. Then again, he was pretty sure there wasn’t a single thing in this world that wasn’t dangerous to him.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” He said, before exiting the store. He gave Bom a quick wave through the window, mouthing thank you as he left.

Last edited:
Walking from the library, Kairo would probably see Darrek approaching on his right side. Stepping along the wooden sidewalk, his weight made the boards creak.

"Hey, Kairo." He called out in the midst of readjusting his new scarf. "Bom in?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back