• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings < K N I G H T >

vRH

eck
< K N I G H T >
Mission 1: Dangerous Game

Several lights were flickering, some were busted. All windows on the left were broken, with shattered glass scattered on the floor just a few meters away from them. Two desks were riddled with gunshot holes, and the third one was pushed onto the side - its center almost crushed with the weight of a lifeless person was placed on top of it.

The whole floor was a mess - there were bullet casings scattered everywhere, broken and overused guns tossed aside, and most importantly, there were a bunch of corpses all aroudn the floor - about eleven of them.

At the center of it all, was a man lying on the ground. His vest had been torn apart into two, and several holes were punctured onto his skin, blood dripping out of them and staining the dirty marble floor. He was having difficulty breathing, and was unable to move. His eyes clearly begged for the sweet embrace of death.

Beside him, a woman sat on an office chair that was way past its usability. She wore a dark-colored jacket, and a lightweight bullet proof vest on top of her gray, printed shirt. Her right arm was tucked in the pocket of her khaki-colored tactical pants, and her left was hanging loosely on top of the chair's armrest. Casually held by her left hand was a pistol, with a small smoke fading from the muzzle, as if it was just fired recently. She had unkempt black hair which trailed down to her scapula. Her eyes, which gazed indifferently onto the lying man, were of an unnatural color - yellow.

A few seconds pass, and the man began to cough up his own blood. He was dying, and nearing his final point. His breathes became heavier, and his eyes started to close on their own.

The woman sighed at the sight of this. She raised her left hand, and pointed the gun towards his head, with her finger ready to pull the trigger at any moment.

However, footsteps suddenly echoed from the stairwell, causing the woman to rise from her seat and move forward. Her gun was now pointed towards the end of the flight of the stairs, ready to fire at any instance of hostility. Fortunately, the one who showed up wasn't someone she considered as an enemy - rather it was an ally. She lowered her gun and sighed.

"Oh.", she turned around and walked back to the side of the dying man. Her voice was clearly with disappointment. "It's just you."

It was a man dressed with a green long sleeve, equipped with the same vest as her. He wore a beanie on his head, one whose red color has already faded away. He lowered his gun - a variant of the P90 firearm, and walked away from the stairwell and further into the room. "Don't be so disappointed, Knight.", he said, as he began to roam around the room, observing and examining the various objects and scenery within it.

"Why wouldn't I?", she responded immediately. "You're old and boring."

The man finally came near her location, and gazed at the person on floor, who was on the verge of death. "You really gotta stop this kind of shit."

She pointed her gun towards the dying man, and pulled the trigger. "Why not? Pretty much everyone does it.", she said. "Even you do it, Grey."

"No, I don't."

"Oh really now?", the woman tilted her head.

"Yes. I don't fatally wound people and let them choke on their own blood."

"Right.", her voice sounded with sarcasm. "You just torture them like a psychopath."

"No, you f-"

The conversation was cut off by the sound of a small device beeping, which both Knight and Grey drew out from their pockets.

"Huh.", she commented. "I was wondering when the reinforcements would show up."

"Ten. Twelve. Fifteen. No, wait.", Gray said. "It's thirty people. Jesus, that's an entire squad heading up here."

"They're armed."

"Of course they are!", he replied, pointing towards a functioning security camera at the corner of the room. "Who wouldn't send a bunch of armed men up here after seeing what you've done?"

"Oh.", Knight replied, who then wasted three gunshots to destroy the camera. "Well, problem solved. Now they can't see what I did."

"That won't change the fact that there is still an entire squad heading up here."

1Knight and Gray leaves the vicinity. They've gotten what they came for, after all.
2Knight insists on staying and taking down the incoming enemy squad. It is imperative to eliminate all hostiles.

Last edited:
Knight and Gray leaves the vicinity. They've gotten what they came for, after all

I choose this option. But uhm, could you please like number them or assign letters to the options? It would make it a heck more convenient to vote.

Option 1 seems much more efficient. Plus , while I’m sure Knight and Grey are super-duper ultra assassins taking on thirty armed soldiers doesn’t seem like too good of an idea unless they really have to.

1. No matter how much plot armor your main characters have, going up against thirty men is never a good idea.

By the way, thirty-ish men adds up to a platoon. Ten-ish men adds up to a squad. Four-ish men adds up to a fireteam. The number of men in a platoon, squad, and fireteam varies between nations, but the idea is to just send enough men and firepower to kick some ass.

Though I'm not an expert in military matters, I like to study it from time to time. And so, I know a few things that might help you. This roleplay isn't about realism and you even wrote that you'd introduce some fantastic scenarios, but I'll always be willing to give you some feedback.

By the way, thirty-ish men adds up to a platoon. Ten-ish men adds up to a squad. Four-ish men adds up to a fireteam. The number of men in a platoon, squad, and fireteam varies between nations, but the idea is to just send enough men and firepower to kick some ass.

Though I'm not an expert in military matters, I like to study it from time to time. And so, I know a few things that might help you. This roleplay isn't about realism and you even wrote that you'd introduce some fantastic scenarios, but I'll always be willing to give you some feedback.

Ah, I see. Thank you for clearing that up, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Feedback and suggestions, of course, are always welcome and appreciated.

I'd go for 1 - think we already sent a a clear message to whomever we're dealing with, no need to waste more of our precious time.

I'm going to be contrary and go with 2. Over the top action is always fun, plus why run from an opportunity to learn more of the plot?

Voting is now closed.

VOTE TALLY

Option 1 (Leave area)
Option 2 (Stay and fight)​
4 votes
1 vote

< K N I G H T >

The footsteps the echoed from the stairs grew louder and louder every passing moment. Knight's glare remained towards the end of the stairs, grabbing one of the dead men's assault rifles as she walked closer. Gray, on the other hand, was scoping the area, mainly focusing on the windows. Upon realizing that Knight is getting nearer and nearer to the stairs, he immediately ran and blocked her path.

"What the hell are you doing?", he glared straight into her eyes, as if he wanted to stare her down.

"I'm gonna eliminate hostiles.", Knight answered without hesitation.

Gray closed his eyes for a second, and sighed. "Seriously?", his voice resonating with disappointment. "We don't have to waste time for that. We already got what we came for."

"They're going to come after us.", she responded. It seems that Knight is really set on fighting those 30 armed men going straight for them. "It's better not to leave any enemies behind."

Gray immediately aimed towards all the windows and shot them all, causing the glass to shatter and fall in various places. He, then, approached one of the now broken windows, and looked outside. "Not if we leave right now.", he said, as he dropped the small sack he was carrying earlier. And from it, he drew out a harpoon-like contraption, and fired out the window. It shot out a long, semi-metallic string as the harpoon anchored onto the the foundations of a building a few meters away from their current location.

Knight turned around, to see this. "Fine.", she said. "Let's go then."

Gray took out a disposable harness from the sack, secured himself, then attached it onto the string. "See you on the other side.", Gray said, as he gave off a salute and jumped out the window - only to glide from his current place to the other building within a few seconds. He landed on an empty balcony, and waved back at Knight, signaling for her turn to come.

Knight, then, approached the window and did the same - she took another harness from the back, and made sure that all things were in place. Once done, she zipped out the window and to the other building. She landed more or less near Gray, and immediately took off the harness.

Gray dislodged the harpoon, and threw it down the building. There was no way that those approaching hostiles would catch up on them now.

Knight dusted off herself, and breached the building by breaking down the balcony's windows through a barrage of forceful kicks. She entered the room without hesitation, which fortunately, had no occupant inside it. The room was empty, aside from a few dusty shelves and partly-broken crates. She pushed one of the shelves until it was against the wall, then dragged one of the crates and sat down on it.

Gray entered the room shortly after, with a sigh of relief. He immediately took out a small device from his pocket - a phone, and then began to tap on the screen rapidly.

"What now?", Knight asked.

"I'm sending a report. We should wait for further instructions."

Knight took a deep breath, and grabbed something from her pocket. It was a disk, sealed in a very glass container. She looked at it from each side, as if trying to see what its worth was.

"Gray.", she called.

"Hm?", Gray said, eyes focused on the phone.

"What do you think this is?"

Gray turned his attention towards Knight, and saw that she was handling the disk - the one they were tasked to retrieve. "Don't play with that!", he replied, as he took it away from her hands, and stuffed it inside his pockets.

"Don't you even want to know what it's all about?"

"No. Go amuse yourself, I'm doing something important.", Gray shooed her off with one hand, and placed his attention back to his phone. Perhaps he wasn't done typing out his report, or maybe he was waiting anxiously for a message from the higher ups like a loyal dog. Nevertheless, it would seem that Gray's focus is entirely to his phone at the moment.

Hence, Knight decided to exactly what Gray had suggested. She stood up from her makeshift seat.

1Knight leaves the room. It's more or less just storage anyway, there should be more interesting areas further in the building.
2Knight explores the room. Though most of the stuff in it are pretty much useless, she might find something of value.

< K N I G H T >

The footsteps the echoed from the stairs grew louder and louder every passing moment. Knight's glare remained towards the end of the stairs, grabbing one of the dead men's assault rifles as she walked closer. Gray, on the other hand, was scoping the area, mainly focusing on the windows. Upon realizing that Knight is getting nearer and nearer to the stairs, he immediately ran and blocked her path.

"What the hell are you doing?", he glared straight into her eyes, as if he wanted to stare her down.

"I'm gonna eliminate hostiles.", Knight answered without hesitation.

Gray closed his eyes for a second, and sighed. "Seriously?", his voice resonating with disappointment. "We don't have to waste time for that. We already got what we came for."

"They're going to come after us.", she responded. It seems that Knight is really set on fighting those 30 armed men going straight for them. "It's better not to leave any enemies behind."

Gray immediately aimed towards all the windows and shot them all, causing the glass to shatter and fall in various places. He, then, approached one of the now broken windows, and looked outside. "Not if we leave right now.", he said, as he dropped the small sack he was carrying earlier. And from it, he drew out a harpoon-like contraption, and fired out the window. It shot out a long, semi-metallic string as the harpoon anchored onto the the foundations of a building a few meters away from their current location.

Knight turned around, to see this. "Fine.", she said. "Let's go then."

Gray took out a disposable harness from the sack, secured himself, then attached it onto the string. "See you on the other side.", Gray said, as he gave off a salute and jumped out the window - only to glide from his current place to the other building within a few seconds. He landed on an empty balcony, and waved back at Knight, signaling for her turn to come.

Knight, then, approached the window and did the same - she took another harness from the back, and made sure that all things were in place. Once done, she zipped out the window and to the other building. She landed more or less near Gray, and immediately took off the harness.

Gray dislodged the harpoon, and threw it down the building. There was no way that those approaching hostiles would catch up on them now.

Knight dusted off herself, and breached the building by breaking down the balcony's windows through a barrage of forceful kicks. She entered the room without hesitation, which fortunately, had no occupant inside it. The room was empty, aside from a few dusty shelves and partly-broken crates. She pushed one of the shelves until it was against the wall, then dragged one of the crates and sat down on it.

Gray entered the room shortly after, with a sigh of relief. He immediately took out a small device from his pocket - a phone, and then began to tap on the screen rapidly.

"What now?", Knight asked.

"I'm sending a report. We should wait for further instructions."

Knight took a deep breath, and grabbed something from her pocket. It was a disk, sealed in a very glass container. She looked at it from each side, as if trying to see what its worth was.

"Gray.", she called.

"Hm?", Gray said, eyes focused on the phone.

"What do you think this is?"

Gray turned his attention towards Knight, and saw that she was handling the disk - the one they were tasked to retrieve. "Don't play with that!", he replied, as he took it away from her hands, and stuffed it inside his pockets.

"Don't you even want to know what it's all about?"

"No. Go amuse yourself, I'm doing something important.", Gray shooed her off with one hand, and placed his attention back to his phone. Perhaps he wasn't done typing out his report, or maybe he was waiting anxiously for a message from the higher ups like a loyal dog. Nevertheless, it would seem that Gray's focus is entirely to his phone at the moment.

Hence, Knight decided to exactly what Gray had suggested. She stood up from her makeshift seat.

1Knight leaves the room. It's more or less just storage anyway, there should be more interesting areas further in the building.
2Knight explores the room. Though most of the stuff in it are pretty much useless, she might find something of value.

2. Stick with your colleague and wait for instructions. It won't take forever.

1. At some point, we'll have to leave this place anyway - might as well take a closer look while our friend takes care of the "important" stuff. Also, searching the rubbish around us doesn't sound amusing at all.

2. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Even if we don't find anything too important, there is a chance we might come around some useful junk

1. Gray's the straight man here and he won't have anything to do if Knight doesn't get into situations for him to get her out of. :)

Voting is now closed.

VOTE TALLY

Option 1 (Explore the building)
Option 2 (Search the room)​
3 votes

2 votes

Hello everyone, vRH here.

Apologies for the lack of update in the past week, there were just certain issues that arose, which I had to fix. Now that they are resolved, I should be able to post in the usual schedule. The next update shall come Friday this week.

Hello everyone, vRH here.

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm going to have to discontinue this quest log. Apparently, my schedule isn't really fit for GMing even a quest log, and I seem to have overestimated my capabilities at the moment. You have my sincerest apologies for not being able to give you a satisfactory outcome from this quest log.

I do hope you understand. Thank you for your participation while this lasted.

Feel free to tag me in should things change for you and you launch something new. Good luck in the meantime!
I second this!

And also , I do very much understand that. I hope you do very well in your personal endeavors , though!

I'm sorry to hear that. It's saddening but I guess it can't be helped. Either way, good luck with all your future endeavors!

One day, we'll get rid of the nonsense that's called "real life"... anyway, thanks for letting us know - if you ever find the time to restart this or begin another quest, feel free to tag me as well; wouldn't want to miss it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back