• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Juvenile Detention OOC (Open, please join!)

Chimney Swift

i am confusion
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
oX-nMcnicdmC_Vf6AhKOx2m7CrK65AC-9ybQyUpmP_NJNqn1M7wL2PxTB48jJ5xm8UNoEsLjOaxhcLctDu9ClDcKEIbrgLKSeHI7JZwiSOppfAvtuHtxcg86NygQoZTTFzTIB4Re

Downwater County Detention Center
Pineford, Vermont - October 12th, 2017

PREMISE
On the outskirts of the quiet, empty (and entirely fictional) town of Pineford, there sits a cold concrete building known as Downwater County Juvenile Detention Center. As the only juvenile confinement facility in the state, it is home to hundreds of kids deemed a threat to society. Some of these kids are in for ‘status offenses’ and could be out in a few weeks. Others have committed more serious crimes and may be in for a long sentence.

Hell, some are even murderers.

The kids now live according to a strict schedule. Those who act out of line will be placed in a Segregation Cell until they’re ready to cooperate. Trust me when I say you’ll be better off if you comply. Some of the guards are less than pleasant. Your fellow inmates may be none too nice either.

You leave your cell pod at 7:00 for breakfast. School runs from 8:30 to 3:00 with a brief lunch break in between. You have some free time until 4:30, then you have dinner, then it’s mandatory cell cleaning and showers. Sleep if you can, because the cycle repeats again in the morning. If you behave, you might be allowed some time in the yard on the weekends. Won’t that be fun? Visiting happens every now and again, that is if your parents still care about you.

Don’t misbehave, and always watch your back.

DAILY SCHEDULE
7:00 - Breakfast (in cafeteria)
8:30-10:45 - School (in classroom)
10:45-11:30 - Break, cleaning (in assigned cells)
11:30-11:45 - Lunch (in cafeteria)
11:45-3:00 - School (in classroom)
3:00-4:30 Free time (assigned pod, yard open on weekends. Thursday is visiting day in the cafeteria. Inmates not expecting visits proceed with free time as usual.)
4:45-Dinner (cafeteria)
5:30 -7:00 AM - Shower, additional chores, lights-out (Assigned cells)

POD/CELL PLACEMENTS
Girls
A1 - Zoey Reagan and Farrah Louise
A2 - Renee Sciacchitano
A3 - Masozi Willis
A4 - Lucinda Blake
A5 - Carmilla Malick

Boys
B1 - Daniel Neumann
B2 - Malik Feast
B3 - Caleb Hobbs
B4 - Remi Lindahl
B5 -

Rules

• Characters may be of any gender, but inmates must be between the ages of 10 and 18. We are a juvenile facility, after all.

• Guards are not necessary characters, but feel free to play one if you wish. Guards must be 25 years old or older.

• You can have as many characters as you think you can handle.

• Fights and such can happen, but don’t godmode, and expect consequences from our friendly neighborhood guards...

• There is no set length limit, but try to write a good paragraph or more.

• As always, RPN rules will be enforced. No ERP, etc.

Welcome to the OOC for Juvenile Detention!
Feel free to chat, ask questions and give suggesrions here.

This RP us very much still open!

Interest Check // OOC // CS // IC
erzulie erzulie S n o w S n o w apolla apolla sodding sodding

Last edited:
Once we have 5 accepted sheets, I'll assign cells and create the IC thread.
If we get 10 characters or more, I'll start assigning roommates based on who's the best behaved. Roommate privileges may be revoked by the guards as punishment for acting out of line.

In the meantime, the cell block layout is that we have 4 pods, A, B, C and D. Each pod consists of five individual cells. A and C pods house girls, likewise B and D pods house boys.
A pod looks something like this:
lg_photo07.jpg

Each cell has 2 bunks, but usually there is only 1 inmate per cell. Furnishings are simple: 2 beds, 2 small desks with stools, a sink, a toilet and a mirror. Inmates are not allowed many personal belongings.

Friendly reminder that you're free to share suggestions, ask quesrions and request help if you're stuck on a post!
I'd like for this game to last, so don't be afraid to discuss things. :)

Once at least 5 people have their openers in, we'll cut to 7:00 AM and officially start the day!

For reference, this is the daily schedule:
7:00 - Breakfast (in cafeteria)
8:30-10:45 - School (in classroom)
10:45-11:30 - Break, cleaning (in assigned cells)
11:30-11:45 - Lunch (in cafeteria)
11:45-3:00 - School (in classroom)
3:00-4:30 Free time (assigned pod, yard open on weekends. Thursday is visiting day in the cafeteria. Inmates not expecting visits proceed with free time as usual.)
4:45-Dinner (cafeteria)
5:30 -7:00 AM - Shower, additional chores, lights-out (Assigned cells)

Note: Those placed on Segregation do not participate in the schedule, and spend all 24 in a specialized Segregation Cell until released back into general system.
Note the Second: Poorly behaved inmates may be locked in their cells during free time instead of being free to roam the pod.

I might make a floor plan map at some point.

Hi,
MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx Caleb Hobbs is accepted! He will be staying in cell B3

TheMegaMeowstic TheMegaMeowstic Lucinda Blake is accepted! She will be staying in cell A4

Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011 Carmilla Malick is accepted, but please try to use proper grammar and punctuation in the future. She will be in cell A5

The IC thread will be up in a few minutes!
Thank you! I'll go update her character sheet and then head over to the IC thread!

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx Inmates can't open their own cells. It's okay this time, seeing as it's about the time of day when they'd be unlocked for breakfast, but just keep in mind that juvenile detention is not very free-roaming.

Of course! At the moment we need more boys, but if girls are more your cup of tea we're still accepting them.
Once we hit 10 players, we'll start assigning roommates on a seniority basis (those who have served more of their sentence and stay out of trouble will recieve roommates before newer inmates, etc.)

If merveille merveille hasn't posted by 4:30 EST, i'll move us forward to school time. We probably won't dwell too much on school, since it's likely to be boring, so we'll be koving on to break time after a few posts of school. Of course if something interesring happens in class, i'll let it play out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back