• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Justice League meets The Avengers (IC)

Zachy1993

One Thousand Club
I will post and then >>

Geozaki Geozaki

Field Marshall Field Marshall

DANKMEME DANKMEME

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

spooderman spooderman

sevenstars sevenstars

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

------

-Metropolis-

look.up.in.the.sky.alex.ross.signed.limited.edition.giclee.canvas.boxed.canvas.520207.0.143026...jpg

Screams pierced the Metropolis downtown skies as a hotel was being engulfed in flames. The firefighters battled the blaze as inhabitants of the building were leaning out the windows and screaming for help. Steve Rogers and Black Widow were working undercover as a team, the duo had been tasked by S.H.I.E.L.D. to observe and report on the new cities and inhabitants..some normal and some not so normal, that had appeared with what Thor described as their universe blending with another.

"We've been all over this city and we've not seen any sign of this 'flying man' who everyone here seems enamored with." Steve said to Natasha, getting rather antsy about not doing anything to assist the firefighters.

"If he doesn't show then you have my permission to go in. But so far things seem under control..let the firefighters do their job." Fury said in Rogers' earpiece.

The building creaked and a window shattered, billowing smoke and flames out into the air. "Forget this, they won't-" Cap started to say, until there was a gust of wind and the man of tomorrow was in front of the windows, seemingly unharmed by the intense heat and flame as he helped a woman and an elderly man out of the blaze.

As he hovered down to the paramedics and handed the two people off, Superman looked back up at the building and seemed to concentrate for a moment until he reported: "There are two more still inside. A mother and child on the third floor."

Superman rocketed off the round and entered through a third story window, directly through the flames.

Clark burst into the room where a young child and mother were trapped, unimpeded by the extreme temperatures and smoke. The ceiling had partially collapsed, blocking their only escape route and the windows weren't an option obviously.

The woman looked up as she held her child tightly and Superman approached, "You need to grab on to me...and keep your heads down!" The duo did as they were told, and Superman gently grasped them in his arms. "What are you going to-..?" The boy started to ask, until Superman turned around to face the engulfed doorway.

"We'll never make it through that!" The mother wailed.
"We don't have to, hang on!" Superman shouted before shielding them with his body and smashing through the wall out into the open air.

-----
The paramedics had their hands full looking over the rescued people. "Well, thanks to you these folks'll survive." An officer said to Superman as the scene began to quiet down, the building smoldering even after the flames were put out.

Superman was unaware that Nick Fury had been watching the whole thing from S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ.​

1522309251159.png
The sharp white glow of the Batcomputer outlined the silhouettes of two men, otherwise shrouded in darkness. One sat perched on a gothic single seater, fingers flying across the keyboard and back hunched. The other, posture more relaxed, leant carelessly on the backrest. After a moment of tense silence, the latter shifted restlessly. "Look, B, we've been here for...for god knows how long."

Bruce's gaze didn't waver from the screen. "Two hours." He replied, "And nearly ten minutes."His fingers halted in their furious typing, and he reclined slightly in the chair, hands folding on his lap. "I don't understand." He growled, frustration seeping into his tone. Dick let out a heavy breath; Bruce didn't like not understanding.

"Our knowledge of interdimensional travel is limited." He reminded the older man, a half hearted attempt at comfort he knew to be in vain. Bruce shook his head.

"For mass travel of this scale? How could we not have predicted it? The energy spikes...they should have more than enough to alert us."

"But it's not travel." Dick reminded, tone tired. They'd been over this. "Landmasses, cities...this is more of a-a merge of dimensions."

"A merge..." Bruce repeated thoughtfully. Dick blew sharply from his nostrils, tired of moving in circles.

"That's it. I'm out. I'm going onto the field. Crime won't stop in Gotham just because our entire universe has been merged with another; that'd be asking way too much. Someone needs to patrol."

Bruce glanced at him sharply. "You would be more useful here." His way of saying he wanted Dick there. God, he would it kill him to get to the point?

"Yeah, whatever." Dick dismissed. "Call Babs, or Tim. They're better at this sorta stuff than I am." He gestured at the computer, and made his way towards the opening of the cave.

"Red Robin is already staking out one of the meta-newcomers that's a cause for concern." Bruce called after him. "And Barbara is otherwise occupied."

But in his mind, Dick was already out in the open, far away from the dank and tense air of the cave. "Have someone comm me with something to do if it comes up." He called, feet picking up speed to a jog. "See you later!"

He didn't hear a reply.

Last edited:
Natasha looked up at the burning building and the numerous other buildings in the surrounding area, many of which appeared to be skyscrapers or at the least, very tall buildings. It looked just like any other big city in America which is what made the whole situation all that harder to come to terms with. With pretty much any other S.H.I.E.L.D or Avengers related operations there was always something out of the ordinary, for example, the attack on New York, which had been orchestrated by Thor's brother, Loki, involved a huge wormhole appearing in the sky through which an alien army descended onto the streets below. But in this case, the city that had appeared virtually out of nowhere was just a city. No aliens, no strange structures, it was really just a city.

Natasha looked over towards Steve as Nick's voice came through their earpieces. Steve started to argue against Nick's instructions but before he could even finish his sentence he was cut off by the sudden arrival of the target. The man, if you could even call him that, darted in and out of the building seemingly unaffected by the flames or by gravity. He was wearing a bright blue outfit with a red cape and a cost of some sort emblazoned on his chest. Now there was something that made the situation out of the ordinary. "Good thing we're not in costume, you two would really clash." Natasha said, turning to look at Steve.

Zachy1993 Zachy1993

((Sorry that this is probably awful, I'm always terrible at my first post, hope it's okay?))

Peter at the time, had been walking home when his Spider sense practically shrieked at him. He quickly ducked into an alley and changed into his Spider man uniform Mr. Stark had given him. When he was changed, (he wasn't going to mention that he had tripped over his shoe he neglected to put into his bag until now) he shot out a web and yanked, launching himself upwards. Immediately he could see smoke flooding the skies a few blocks away and began to swing over. He was grateful he didn't have homework this weekend, he had a feeling he wouldn't have the time to do it.

Upon arriving closer to the scene his eyes widened a bit under the mask as he watched a man fly, and burst through the fire as if it were silly string. He'd never seen the man before, at least not that he was aware of. The people were being saved from the fire, the man with the red cape having saved them. Peter was becoming engulfed in questions he didn't have answers for.

It doesn't seem like S.H.I.E.L.D would ignore this kind of thing, same with the avengers. So, Peter began looking around from where he was perched to see if he could find any familiar faces amongst the crowd.
When he looked back up, he noticed the hero of the fire was landing.
'Maybe I should talk to him...' Peter thought to himself.

Amongst the sound of burning fire and the occasional scream, were footsteps heard outside of Darkseid's throne room. He had not even touched the massive doors nor spoke a single word. But Darkseid himself knew exactly who he was and what he wanted to tell him. The doors opened to reveal a figure whose facial features laid hidden within a cowl, with him wearing a robe. It stepped forward and got closer and closer to the throne, until it stopped and knelt. The head was tilted upwards to meet Darkseid's gaze, with the figure revealing its horribly disfigured face. It was Desaad, Darkseid's advisor and one of his most trusted minions.
"Master...the dimension that we live in...it has-"
"Merged with another one? I am aware."
Desaad did not react to being cut off with any sort of change in his tone or a small gesture, with him being used to this.
"It seems that there are...powered beings within this dimension that has collided with ours. They seem to be comparable to those in Planet Earth and such. In fact, they have their own Planet Earth which seems to be the center of this merging of the dimensional planes."
"As I said Desaad, I am already aware of this. Have you anything to tell me that is useful or are you here to waste my time?"
Darkseid gave him a sinister glare, with Desaad knowing that his life was at risk.
"W-well-th-the other universe has an artifact, an item of immense power. It is called the Infinity Gauntlet. The Gauntlet is crafted by combining six gems
Time Gem: Total control over all aspects of time including time travel, stopping time, slowing down or speed up flow of time and to accelerate or slow down aging.
Space Gem: Limitless manipulation of space, allowing for teleportation, dimensional manipulation, creation of wormholes, etc.
Soul Gem: Limitless manipulation of souls both alive and dead also has shown to be able to evolve or devolve a beings physical self as well as their mental capacities.
Reality Gem: Locally or universally alters the natural laws of the universe to the wielders will.
Power Gem: Controls all of the power in the universe. It can be used to augment or inhibit any force.
Mind Gem: Taps the user into the universal consciousness, allowing for unlimited manipulation of psionic powers including telepathy and telekinesis.
These gems combine to create the Gauntlet which turns the user...into an all powerful god."
"And is it possible for us to acquire this...Gauntlet."
"Well...there is the weakness of it. When the universes merged, the Gauntlet no longer functioned due to it only being operational within their universe alone. In our universe, the Anti-Life Equation is also...altered."
Darkseid stood up upon hearing this. Desaad recoiled slightly, but then returned to his kneeling position to continue onward with his explanation.
"The equation no longer grants the user unmatched power on its own, similar to how the six gems don't grant the user power on their own, due to the merging of the universes. However, the two can be merged."
"The Anti-Life Equation has become somewhat easier to detect with its potency decreasing. And once it is combined with the other 6 gems, it creates.
THE ANTI-LIFE GAUNTLET."
Darkseid turned around and walked to the window behind his throne, facing a giant pit of fire, with him having an ominous smile.
"Well done Desaad. Begin the search for these gems and start to scan for the equation. Cities will be wiped out. Races will be extinguished. All living beings will face torture and pain the likes of which they have never experienced before. Planets and entire Solar Systems will be destroyed with their powered beings swatted away like flies. The entire universe will howl in despair as my brutal reign shall expand from Apokolips to galaxies upon galaxies. Such...is the will...of DARKSEID"​

Last edited:
Detective John Jones is standing not far from the fire, blending into the crowd of people. As much as he wants to help, he can’t get near the flames, due to his Martian biology reacting violently with fire. He can, however, monitor the crowd for the strangers from another world.

It would make sense that they’d come here, perhaps even attempt to save the civilians inside. They seem to serve a similar purpose to the Justice League. Any large scale disaster will likely attract them, especially if other heroes are involved.

Currently, he’s staring at Cap and Natasha, well aware that they came here to study Superman. “You’ve attracted quite the audience, Superman.” He comments, keeping his distance for now. He glances over at Peter, and smiles. Walking up to random people wouldn’t be great for his disguise, but Spider-Man is in costume.

He approaches him with a smile and a wave, pulling out his notebook. “Excuse Me! Spider-Man, right?” He calls, extending a hand. “Detective John Jones. I was just wondering if I could ask you a few questions.”
DANKMEME DANKMEME Zachy1993 Zachy1993

"W-wow wait, you mean me right?" Peter pointed to himself, praying that his interview wouldn't blow up in his face like last time. He casually crawled down the top of the building he was sitting on, and jumped down in front of the detective. He nervously shook the detective's hand, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.
"Yeah, sure I don't see why not... so uhh what's up?" He asked. Actually, Peter wanted to know why he was being interviewed when the main source of publicity would be coming from the blueberry with the red cape saving people.

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

John chuckles. “Yes, I mean you. You’re one of the new heroes, correct? Welcome to Metropolis. It’s always good to have more of you guys around, makes it a lot safer for the rest of us. Do you mind telling me a bit about yourself? Our worlds should get to know each other, after all, and no better way to do it than over lunch.” A lot of his better meetings have been had in small cafes, and he quite prefers it.
DANKMEME DANKMEME

Last edited:
"...did you say Metrapolis? Uhh... I can't really tell you a lot.. But sure, I don't think it'd hurt anything." Peter said, beginning to follow the man. In the back of his head, he could hear his aunt's voice saying 'stranger danger.' But his Spidey sense had calmed down once the fire situation had been handled, and plus Peter hadn't had lunch yet.
Mentally however, Peter was freaking out. He knew New York like Tony's password for admin access on his spider suit.
'When on Earth had Metropolis showed up and why was this reporter so nonchalant about it, and why did he say our worlds?! I don't recall getting sucked into any worm holes or anything, and I haven't gotten any alerts from Tony either...' Peter thought a bit panicky to himself. Things weren't really adding up, so Peter could only hope this interview could get him some answers and wasn't a trap to get Peter's identity by confusing him on the layout of New York city.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Last edited:
He nods, walking to one of the diners he likes around here. “Yes, this is Metropolis. I take it you haven’t been informed. This is not the first time our world has collided with another, but it’s certainly concerning. If the Justice League were to clash with the heroes you came with, it could be catastrophic. And of course, I have to do my job, and gather information.”

He steps into the building, finding a table near the window. “You seem confused. Is this the first time your dimension has encountered another one?” He asks, knowing full well the answer. He’s just trying to be polite, and avoid blowing his cover.

DANKMEME DANKMEME

"Yeah... It is, and uh I have to admit it's a little unnerving that this has happened more than once on your end." Peter said, sitting across the man at the table.
"So this Justice League, who are they? Are they the avengers of your dimension?" Peter asked, having more than enough questions. "The guy at the fire, is he one of them? You also don't seem to hesitant on approaching people in costumes either... Are you one of them?" Peter bombarded the man with questions, wasting no time.
'Where are the avengers...?' Peter thought offhandedly to himself.
"Oh... And one more question, you said this has happened more than once for your dimension.. If that's the case, how can I know you guys aren't merging dimensions on purpose?" Peter narrowed his eyes under his mask.

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

John let’s him ask his questions, chuckling softly. “Either you’re very sharp, or I’m very out of practice. In order, then. Yes, the Justice League is similar to your ‘Avengers,’ from what I’ve seen thus far. They collaborate with the governments of earth to help with many kinds of threats, occasionally going to other planets when they have issues. Yes, the man you saw, Superman, is one of them. A founding member, in fact.”

He leans back in his chair, sighing. “As for me? Well, that’s a long story. But I do have connections with the League.” Hes rather proud of that joke. “What about you? Are you a member of your Avengers? How many of you are there?”
DANKMEME DANKMEME

"Actually, no not really. I know them, but I'm not one of them. And uhh several, I guess." Peter replied, noticing how his accusation was avoided. He didn't feel too at ease. He wasn't sure how to play the situation, but he knew he had to keep his mouth shut about anything avenger, and S.H.I.E.L.D wise that could possibly be vital in any way. Peter's foot was tapping a mile a minute, as he racked his brain for some kind of way to get info from this guy without having to spew any of his own. The guy did hint he was one of those justice league guys. 'Who knows what kind of abilities this weirdo has..?' Peter thought to himself.

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

"How dare such a demon challenge me in my own castle!" Black Knight roared as he used he blade to deflect the fiery breath of the demon Etrigon. Etrigon didn't seem quite in the right state of mind but how would Dane know that. Dane's never seen him before in his life because they are of different verses. A far as Dane knows some demon has infiltrated his castle and must be cut down.

As soon as the fire breath abated, Dane raised his sword and brought it down to the ground with such strength and force in produce a shockwave that knocked Etrigon off balance. He charged it at that moment smashing the pommel of his sword in the demon's gut. The demon was sent skidding backwards and then with one fierce slash across it's chest cutting him open with Ebony Blade,
Etrigon went right out one of the stain glass windows of Garret Castle. The demon's body was not outside when Dane went to confirm the kill. "Just who the hell was that and what the hell is going?" Dane asked aloud. The Ebony Blade then began to emit an odd feeling through his bond with it.

Thor Odinson looks around the table, where all the major gods of Asgard have been called to a meeting regarding the merge of universes. Odin sits at the head of the table as always, presiding over the discussion. Even Loki has been allowed out of containment since this began, as he’s unlikely to make an attempt on the earth when the odds are so stacked against him.

Odin calls the meeting to order, beginning with what he’s seen thus far. “First off, it appears that not only locations and their resident mortal populations have entered our world. There is, in fact, an entirely new set of gods.” Surprised murmurs circulate around the table, before Odin begins speaking again. “There are some similarities to us, but they seem quite different in many regards. For instance, their god of thunder, Zeus, rules the pantheon-“

“Badly, might I add.” Loki interrupts, earning a glare from Odin, which he ignores.

Odin sighs, continuing. “While their goddess of wisdom, Athena, holds a lower rank.”

Thor looks concerned. “That doesn’t make sense. If Athena is the wisest of them, she should be the one in command, for the best of everyone.”

Odin shakes his head. “No, not in their system. The one that proves themselves the strongest rules there.”

Loki groans. “Because That always ends well. Put the brawny, impulsive god of thunder in charge and see what happens.” Thor and pretty much everyone gives him a nasty look for that thinly veiled jab at his adopted brother.

"Friday, gimme a rundown on the building, how many civilians are inside?" Tony spoke to the AI responsible for running both his business and helping him with his personal projects since Jarvis had fused with the body Ultron had made to create Vision. The sun glinted off the bright red and gold of one of his suits as it hovered above the blazing building. "There are four confirmed trapped in the blaze but there could be more, it's hard to get an accurate reading as the heat signals are all over the place," Friday answered, showing the location of the confirmed life forms to Tony through the suit. "Another lifeform has entered the building, but this one is different sir," Friday reported as the new life signal popped up on the display of the suit. "Different how?" Tony asked, looking at the new person on his display. "I don't believe him to be of Earth." Friday replied, "His vitals are... different." The mysterious life form darted in and out of the building, moving at inhuman speeds and seemingly flying as he carried civilians from the inferno. "Well that confirms your not human theory," Tony commented. He watched the new arrival in the brightly coloured outfit closely, on high alert.

((Decided to colour code speech as it'll help a little...
I know it's pretty obvious but here's a key thing:
Tony Stark / Iron Man
Friday / AI
Natasha Romanova / Black Widow

Also, I will generally do Tony and Natasha together but I just didn't this time, sozzles...))

While Spiderman sat in the cafe, he decided he'd shoot Mr. Stark a message asking exactly what the heck was going on.

'Hey, Mr. Stark yeah I'm just chilling in a cafe with some buddy of the justice league who also evidently knows who the guy wearing the skin tight blues is. Just wanted to check in and ya know, ask what the heck is going on???'

He casually hit send, biting the inside of his cheek as he looked out the window at the new, and unfamiliar city.

John grimaces. “Ah, Right, I knew I forgot something. No, we did not cause this merge. While an alternate version of us did attempt a hostile takeover of our world at one point, we would never put our people or any others in such danger as to cause something like this. Traveling to another universe to free it of tyranny is one thing, but we would never merge them.”

He’s a bit nervous about that text to Stark. “I assure you, the Justice League stands for just that, Justice. We mean your world no harm. I’m simply trying to make a bridge, to avoid any future hostilities or miscommunications.”
DANKMEME DANKMEME

E3DB8D6D-1465-464F-B069-545C39BD6223.png
“The Norse myths?” Diana repeated into her phone, disbelief colouring her tone. “Incredible! Have we made contact?”

On the other side of the line, her protege hummed. “I don’t think that’s the best idea.” Cassie said. “If they’re volatile, we should have enough time to plan our response.”

“But we must make contact with them before they do us, and show that we have no wish to engage in battle.” Diana disagreed. “If they decide to do so, I have no doubt our gods shall be able to rally against them.”

“We don’t know what these people can do.” Cassie responded immediately.

“But we do know what ours can do.” Diana reminded. When no response came, she assumed the battle was won. “I will seek them out alone.” She said, “to show I am no threat. Unless you would like to accompany me...” She let herself trail of, the question going unasked.

“Sorry, Dee.” Cassie sounded apologetic. “I’m already on a mission with the team. Maybe next time?”

“Yes, perhaps.” Diana allowed. They said their farewells, and Cassie hung up. Diana pocketed the device, and made her way towards a nearby building. It was time for her to put on her work clothes.​

"Right... Ok, then.. So umm.. do you have anymore questions?" Peter asked, letting himself relax a bit and look through the menu.
Peter's foot was no longer tapping as hyperly, but he did still have some of his own questions.
"Do you guys have any idea on why the merge happened...?" He asked, looking up.

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

John shakes his head. “No, we aren’t aware of that yet. All we can do at this point is try to make sure there isn’t a war. I have some questions about your world’s group’s, like how many of you there are, and anyone that might want to start a fight. But I won’t pressure you to say anything you don’t want to. This is just the initial meeting, after all.
DANKMEME DANKMEME

"There's quite a few Avengers...Iron man, Hawkeye, black widow, captain america, Thor, the hulk... Just to name a few. But I don't think any of them would start a fight unless they felt it was needed." Peter said, shrugging a bit.
"Who is the justice league..? Would any of them start fights?" Peter asked, slighty worried
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Lex Luthor looked down over Metropolis from his office in shock as he began to see an entirely new collection of buildings in the distance. Yes, interdimensional beings had invaded Earth before, but never on such a large scale or seemingly without any warning signs.

“I want surveillance over there at once”, he demanded, at which point his employees rushed to their computers, sending a pair of drones towards the point of emergence.

Strangely enough, the new buildings would not have looked out of place in Metropolis or any other city on Earth; perhaps this was an alternative reality rather than a completely different plane of existence. Superman was at it as always, rescuing civilians from a burning hotel. But... what was that? A man in a red-and-gold suit of armor that seemed like an inferior copy of his own design, trying to help? Lex sighed in disappointment. So it looked like this place had its own set of so-called heroes who thought they ran the place. And it was already looking like the one in the spider costume was making friends.

Lex couldn’t bear the thought of these caped fools having any more control over the city than they already did. The one in the armor looked threatening enough, if he could frame him right. A shot of him flying through the burning hotel with weapons visible would be sufficient. “Send that one to the news stations”, Lex said, remembering his close connections. “We’ll have ‘Extradimensional Invaders, Armed and Dangerous’ on the headlines in no time”.

But that wasn’t sufficient. Even these heroes would probably be smart enough to sort out their problems themselves. Thankfully, these drones were also equipped with advanced hacking systems, and the iron man’s controls seemed remarkably similar to the powersuits he was familiar with. So the drones locked on to the flying powersuit, seeking to hijack its controls to make it attack the gathering ‘heroes’ and fly away.

Geozaki Geozaki

Zatanna looked into her scrying pool with amazement, realizing the sheer scale of this interdimensional merging. She had seen hints about it in some ancient prophecies in obscure arcane tomes, but she had never really believed them. What amazed her just as much was that this was a merging of the heavens as well as the earths, with a whole new pantheon of gods joining the scene. If this wasn’t something for her to get involved in, then nothing was.

As excited as Zatanna was, there was one thing that genuinely scared her. She had also heard rumors of six incredibly powerful cosmic items called ‘infinity stones’, and was detecting some alien overlord who seemed to be developing some sort of plot around them following the convergence. But the whole story, including the name of the villain, had eluded her. Who was it that she was talking about him with?

It was Nightwing, Zatanna thought to herself. She hadn’t seen him in a few months, but they’d been friends for a while. Almost a bit more once. Maybe he had some answers, or could help in some other way. It would have been boring to go alone, anyway.

Shouting her incantion, she teleported out of Shadowcrest and appeared next to Nightwing in a puff of red and blue smoke. “Hey there, Boy Wonder”, she said, smiling coyly. “You want to go on a little adventure?”

spooderman spooderman

1522309251159-png.418801
A puff of coloured smoke had Dick reaching for his WingDings, relaxing himself into a lose fighting stance; one that wouldn't startle a newcomer into battle. On top of a skyscraper was never the best place for an acrobat to fight someone, but he had plenty of practice. Plenty. The smoke cleared, though, and Dick's face broke into a wide smile. "Zee!" He exclaimed, depositing his WingDings back into his utility belt. "I haven't seen you for ages!"

Zatanna was a great source for information. She was the League's - and indeed, most of the superhero community's - go to for anything to do with magic or demons. And, of course, they had had quite a few good times back in the day. Certainly some great adventures. Speaking of which...

"An adventure?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow suggestively. "How do you mean?"

sevenstars sevenstars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back