• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Jurassic Park: Troubled Coast -Open-

Manio

From Gallifrey with love.
Rb7ApQS.png

The waves slammed into the side of the ship sending various people on the deck stumbling. Luckily, the guard-rails were built high enough that nobody would be tossed overboard. The Paleozoic was one of the most expensive and state of the art cruiseships in the world and was built by Masrani to take its passengers around the exterior of Isla Sorna (Site B) so they could have the chance of seeing dinosaurs that weren't stuck behind fences and boundaries.

Of course, the ship was only allowed within a certain distance of the island so the chance of seeing an animal was something to look forward to. This was to be one of the final cruises of the year as the ship was due to go back to have some upgrades done to ensure the continued safety of everyone on-board.

---

Captain Romero Hodges stood behind the wheel staring out the window into the vast ocean beyond and at the beautiful coastline of Isla Sorna. He had never set foot on either island owned by the company and had a sort of belief that the whole "playing God" work that they had done was a type of sin and he would take no part in the glorification of that, other than taking people around the island and during these trips they'd rarely see anything, so he was fine with that. However, before they left port a few days prior it was reported that a tropical storm was blowing in and that they should delay the cruise for a week, but Romero refused as the ship in his words was "built to withstand even the worst of hurricanes" and decided to go for the trip anyways, he was a man of faith and always believed God to be on his side.

The crew felt differently, and were painfully aware that the ship was due for upgrades to prevent these storms from causing it damage, but Romero had threatened them with firings and holding back their paychecks, so the crew reluctantly sided with their Captain and aided him in his trip that would no-doubt go badly if the storm coincided with their journey.

Romero lit up one his Cuban cigars and inhaled the smoke deeply, and breathed it out all over the cabin, the built-in filtration system sucking it out almost instantly. He smiled and turned the ship on auto-pilot and stepped away from the control and began to pour himself a drink as thunder cracked in the distanced, and waves continued to slam into the side of the ship.

---

Sat in his room typing away on a laptop about the trip thus far and sucking from a can of Dr Pepper, Clarke Winters looked like your typical late-20s internet blogger. He wore black jeans, and a gray hoodie/jacket draped on and his hair was styled to look like he had bedhead. He had rough stubbled coating his chin. His laptop was adorned in stickers of various dinosaurs, and the desktop wallpaper on his computer was a picture of him standing somewhere in Masrani Global's other island, Jurassic World. He had only visited Jurassic World once back when it first opened in 2005, and had never been back since due to his inability to afford the trip, but had been presented with the chance of come on the cruise to Isla Sorna due to the popularity of his online blog about dinosaurs, and Masrani himself wanted a review of the cruiseline from someone who had knowledge and respect for these animals.

Clarke hadn't argued and took the first flight down to Costa Rica the following morning to take part in the final cruise of the year in which he'd document the entire thing for his blog, and he was then promised a free-lifetime pass to Jurassic World, something he couldn't pass up. He was excited about that prospect alone as he had heard through some grapevines that they were opening up a new enclosure at the park sometime this week about some new type of dinosaur, but that's all he knew.

He went to take a sip from the Starbucks Coffee sat on his deck, when some turbulence from the waves sent it dumping all over the floor of his room. Swearing under his breath, he stepped out of the room to get some towels from the linens closet.

---

The sky had begun to darken and bigger and heavier waves were slamming into the side of the ship. Romero was still adamant that they would all be fine, but nerves were high amongst the crew as most of them had abandoned their posts and were taking cover in some of the more deeper recesses of the ship.

A beep blared out over his personal radio, and he cleared his throat and picked up the receiver.

"Yes?" He asked in a tone of annoyance.

A panicked voice responded on the other end.

"There's something going on with the-the-the engine. It's sparking, and grinding!" The voice then swore in Spanish, and hung up his end of the radio which Romero thought something had happened.

Groaning out in protest he slumped out of the cabin, and down the spiral stairs towards the engine room. He stepped inside and was immediately greeted with a spray of sea-water, and the screams of the engine-room workers. Somehow, a hole had opened up on the side of the wall and ocean water was pouring into the room causing the engine to spark, and grind in protest as the filtration system tried to dump the water as quick as it came pouring in.

There was a sound of metal being torn apart, and fuel erupted from the engine due to the excessive amounts of grinding and soaked Romero, and the workers through with fuel. Sputtering and coughing on the fuel, he stumbled towards the engine in an attempt to fix it for himself. He couldn't believe he had hired these imbeciles and would later blame them for the damage done to the ship. He wasn't going to take the fall for this.

As he ripped off one of the cover panels to the engine, something spared once again now that more wires were exposed and the entire room went up in flames and an explosion. Everyone in the room was killed instantly, and the shock-waves from the explosion tore through the remainder of the hull in the room, a surge of ocean water ripping into the lower portions of the ship.

---

Clarke fell to the floor hard as rumbling tore through the lower decks of the ship. He struggled to his feet as heads began poking out from adjacent rooms down the hallway.

One particular elderly looking man had begun to speak when an explosion tore through the floor, and pulled the poor man deep into the carnage below, his screams muffled by the various explosions through-out the ship. Somehow, a chain reaction of explosions was tearing through the vessel and Clarke could smell ocean water and knew immediately that they were sinking...

He stumbled backwards, and fell through a glass pane out onto the exterior deck. As he rose, he noticed a Room Service Attendant get a piece of shrapnel impaled into his upper chest from an explosion, the blood spraying into Clarke's face. Before he could even comprehend what had happened, another explosion came into existence a few yards away from him and he could feel himself rising into the air, and in a few moments he felt himself plunge beneath the cold, salty water of the ocean...

---

Coughing and sputtering awake his eyes snapped open and he found himself washed up on a beach with various corpses, and people stirring around him. Off in the distance he could vaguely make out a burning wreckage of a ship slowly sinking into the depths of the ocean.

He staggered to his feet and looked around. The beach was vast and rocky, the sound of thunder roaring in the distance as rain came down in torrents. A few hundred feet in front of them lay a vast jungle spanning the entirety of the island and a sinking feeling began to rise in Clarke's chest.

They had washed up on Site B...

Last edited by a moderator:
Varric Wilson sighed again as he lowered his binoculars from his eyes. He wasn't going to see anything in this weather.

The young man had been on the deck of the cruise ship every day since the island came into view, gazing through his binoculars and occasionally taking out his Go-Pro camera to take some footage and pictures as well as taking notes in his notebook. However ever since the storm rolled in today, he didn't bother with either the camera or the notebook, both of which sat snugly in his waterproof backpack, though the camera is also waterproof. Varric was glad he listened to his father and got the backpack, which wrapped itself tightly around his torso as the rain poured off of his rain suit. The decked had bobbed and weaved as the waves hit it, but nothing unexpected and so Varric placed his center of gravity low and moved with the ship.

The binoculars hung from around his neck. It was a harden version that Varric had bought because, as he said, "why not." It had been a disappointing few days, since he couldn't see anything other than a few birds from the island. The young college student wondered if he should head back inside for a nice bath and see if he could have better luck with the ladies on board when the ship suddenly shook violently, much more so than usual. Varric found himself holding on to the high fence on the side of the ship in order to stay on his feet, and as the ship tilted back so that his side was closer to the water, Varric watched in stunned fear as what he was sure was a large maw passed by just under the surface of the water as lightning flashed overhead. The word Mosasaurus passed through Varric's mind as another jolt went through the ship.

Suddenly the ship forced itself on to the other side, catapulting Varric into the air and into the ocean. Before he could even be scared of being in the same water as the large carnivore he had just seen, Varric smacked into the surface of the ocean and the impact knocked him out.

Varric coughed as his eyes snapped open. He felt throughout his body, trying to get the feeling throughout his body. When everything felt sore but nothing broken, he sat up, and found himself surprised that the binoculars still hung around his neck, though his rain suit was gone. He checked out his binoculars and found them dirty but serviceable. When he finished looking at them, the college student realized that his backpack was still on him. Varric quickly took it off and checked through his content, but found it relatively disappointed. There was his camera, and notebook with some pens, as well as a copy of his favorite book Of Mice and Men, and a half full water bottle. There was some brochures about the cruise as well, but those are relatively useless, just like the waterlogged phone in his pant's pocket and the contents of his drowned wallet in his other pocket.

Closing it up and sighing again, Varric couldn't help but comment. "Just what I needed, almost drowning and eaten by something that could swallow a school bus." He finally got up and stretched a little, before seeing a group of people stirring down the beach. Realizing that those might be survivors, he began to head down that way, hoping to find something useful and help with the other stranded people.

What began as a game of chess between father and daughter quickly became a game of get off the ship fast before life was lost.

Edgar and his daughter, Violetta-Or Violet, as she preferred to be called-were both on deck playing their second round of chess, sitting at a small square table and Violet contemplating her next move, her blonde hair pulled up into a high bun to keep it out of her green eyes. She was about to make her move when suddenly the ship jerked, and all of their chess pieces went flying. Edgar cursed and jumped to his feet, trying to pick them up, "This is why I hate ships, next father-daughter vacation we're going to Europe and staying on land!" He complained loudly, hoping the staff would hear him.

"Er, father..." Violet rose to reason with him, but then everything went to Hell. Edgar looked around quickly, then took his daughter by the hand, "Come on!" He ran with her to find two life jackets, putting one on his daughter before putting one on himself. But before he could finish the two were flung from each other and over the ship, separated and fallen into the ocean depths, their chess pieces long forgotten and sinking with the ship itself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was Violet who opened her eyes first, and she began to cough violently, sea water coming from her mouth. She took deep breath to catch some air back into her lungs, and she rolled over from her back to her stomach on the sandy beach of the island. She stayed like that for several minutes, shaking from the cold water still covering her, then slowly went up to sit on her knees. She looked around for any sign of her father, and called out to him, "Dad?! Dad, where are you?!" She looked around frantically, tears filling her eyes as she feared the worst. She rose to her feet but fell back down again realizing the life jacket was still on her. She tore it off and covered herself with her arms, looking around for any survivors. "Hello?! Is anyone out there?!" She called, then crawled over to sit by a palm tree, still shaking from shock and being soaked from head to toe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edgar had slowly opened his eyes, laying on his side as he began to gaze with blurry vision out to the ocean, no sign of the ship. He felt his head reeling as he sat up, and he held his head in his hand, wincing at the pain. A bruise was forming there, he had no doubt. He looked across the beach and suddenly became alarmed-where the Hell was Violetta?!

"Violetta!" He called out and rose up quickly, only to fall back down again when the world began to spin. He groaned and rubbed his head, only to hear the far off voice of his daughter calling for help. Immediately he tried to find something he could use to help keep his balance until his head was clear, or treated, and found a long wooden stick. What a brilliant coincidence! He grabbed it and started hobbling as fast as he could to the direction of his daughter's voice.

"Hey, is Ross there?"

"Who is this?"

"Dr. Fredrichson, I'm calling about-"

"Dammit Daud, what the hell do you want?"

"I just wanted to talk to my little brother, c'mon, I-"

"I'm not... Your brother, Daud."

"Will you at least hear me out?"

"Ugh... Fine. What do you want."

"So, you remember Jurassic Park?"

"Yes. Quite the tragedy."

"Well... Well, there's this cruise... I'm planning to go and... I was just wondering if you, um, might be interested?"

"Daud."

"Look, I know we aren't on the best of terms but I... I just want to talk..."

"Daud-"

"All I want is to see you, I'll stay out of your way the rest of the cruise, I promise."

"..."

"Ross... Just... I know I can't even begin to apologize for what I said back then, and I'm not asking for you to forgive me, I just-"

"Fine, Daud."

"What?"

"I'll go, just... Please, shut up."

"Woop! Score one for big bro!"

"Ughhhh."

----------

The man thought back to that call, it brought him to this ship where he was currently battling to keep the morning's breakfast down and failing spectacularly, he hadn't known he'd get so horrifically seasick, he blame the irregular weather. The truly spectacular thing was that he had yet to see Daud, even when he'd checked in Daud was nowhere to be seen. A marvelous day it was when he didn't have to think about him, though he often did... Ross wiped a few small droplets of seawater from his glasses with the end of his sleeve.

The ship was close enough to the island that if he focused, he could smell the bitter odor of avian waste in the distance. The marketing was definitely true, that much he knew. Unfortunately, he had yet to see a single one of these ancient birds, these marvels of the past. The thought of being near their place of living was fantastic all the same, and the fading sunlight trickled through clouds upon his bare neck.

He raised his palm to the sky and looked at the ring on his finger, with all the paranoia he'd felt he couldn't help but feel safe, knowing there were people thinking about him.

"R...Ross...?" And thus, the dream shattered like a small pane of stained glass, and the blue of his brother's eyes came into view. "Daud." He responded with a sour twinge to his voice, and sat up.

Daud cleared his throat and swallowed hard, "Didn't think I was going to show, huh?"

"I expected it, but I was hoping you might just leave well enough alone and let me forget some of the things you've done..." Ross spoke with a huff as he rose from his seat.

"Oh... Well..." He took a step back, "Can we... Talk?" There was hesitation in his voice, but he feigned confidence. He hadn't stopped staring...

"How long were you standing there?"

"How long were you sitting down?"

Another moment of silence.

"... Not important." Ross waved his hand as if dismissing the thought. "What do you want to talk about?"

"I just... How... How are you?"

"Me?" Ross started with a snide, demeaning sneer and a snicker, "Well I'm-" He was cut off when the ship began to shake, his brother fell clumsily to the deck, knocked out on impact. "Daud!", he panicked for a moment, the ship began to tilt ever so slightly in the opposing direction. He grabbed the railing, and the unconcious man before they were both tossed over the side of the ship as it came back down atop the raging sea.

-------------------

Silence. A peaceful silence overcame him, images of his life gleamed in his memory... 'Where am I?' The sensation of rising overcame him, a sweet voice beckoned him "Ross, come back to me... You have to keep fighting.", he missed that familiar tone, he longed to see that familiar face, feel that familiar touch, he reached forward and as he moved closer, and closer to it, he woke up.

The loving voice morphed and distorted into panic, all he felt was the freezing ocean water engulfing his bare skin, the low rumbling of thunder seemed so distant, and that sweet siren's song became a ragged, rough shout, pleading for him to awaken.

He gasped, looking around in a panicked frenzy, "Daud?" He flipped over, looking at the shore as it closed in, salty water flooding into his mouth faster than he could think to spit it out. "Ross, oh Ross, thank god."

The harsh waves pushed them suddenly forward, slamming them into the sand of the shore. As Daud turned over and looked at the sky he couldn't help but notice the distant roaring of an unseen beast.

Ross spurred out water, coughing roughly as he sat up to look out to the ship, screams were slowly drowned out as the ship sank further and further beneath the waves. The unconcious bodies of tourists he'd seen at dinner rose to the surface and we're thrown mercilessly at the shore.

Ross forced himself to stand, walking across the rocky beach. Bags, suitcases, people, all washed ashore, the smell of death staining the pale minerals on the coast of the small island as blood and corpses clubs desperately to the moderately wet land.

The strange caws and shaking of the ground, the putrid smell of waste, the jungle rustling behind him...

He glanced at his hand, ring still snug above the second knuckle of his ring finger, then looking about himself when the reality finally started to sink in.

The ship sank, his bags were gone, people died... And...

This... This was Site B...

Bodies were strewn all over the beach and lay in impossibly twisted positions. Most of the corpses weren't too beaten up, but the sight of a man with bones sticking out of his arm and leg joints caused him to vomit.

Considering the climate, the bodies would begin to stink even faster and chances were high that they would seen attract the interest of predators, and that was something Clarke wasn't too keen on happening considering where they were stranded.

Suddenly, shouting tore through the air and he turned his attention towards an older man screaming "Violetta" and watched as he raced towards a young woman, which he assumed was his daughter. Clarke tried waving down the man, and groaned at protest as the man didn't seem to notice.

He cleared the overwhelming dizziness from his head and ran towards the man.

"Stop shouting! Do you have any idea where we are? Something will hear you!" Clarke shouted, which he realized wasn't helping the situation but if this man continued to yell, well he was sure some hungry predator might show up.

---

Thomas Moore(NPC) stirred on the beach and screamed out in immense pain. He reached down at the source of pain in his right leg and could feel bone poking out an awkward angle and could feel the warm, sticky blood that had covered the leg.

It must have broken in the accident he thought. He looked around and noticed the carnage and could feel fear rise up inside of him. There were tons of dead scattered around the beach, and a few handful of people were stirring and waking up. He thanked God and kisses the Cross necklace laced around his neck and looked for something he could use a crutch to prop himself up.

He looked down at his Engineer's uniform and saw that it had been torn in various places and caked with mud, and blood. Luckily, they were water repelling so his clothes underneath should be dry as a bone.

He raised his voice, hoping to call attention to anyone.

"Are any of you a doctor!?"

Varric winced as he got near a girl sitting on her knees, not from the fact that there were corpses around, but the loud yelling and screaming that came from both her and what appeared to be her father, or sugar daddy, that ran towards them. The young college student was actually somewhat surprised at the lack of hysteria within himself, given his situation and the fact that dead people laid on the beach around him, or pieces of dead people. Varric logically concluded that the shock must not have hit him yet, or that he just honestly never cared much for others and shrugged. If he's got a clear mind he might as well use it. He scowled as he passed the dad/daughter sugar-daddy/gold-digger reunion and rolled his eyes, speaking out loud to no one in particular.

"Oh? Is this what people do after getting shipwrecked? Yell as loud as they can at each other? Sorry this is my first time, and I'm pretty sore still from that less than gentle handling of my tender young body." The sarcasm nearly rolled off his tongue as he approached someone in a white hoodie who shockingly actually looked like he had some sort of common sense. The only thing was that he too, was yelling at someone. Going up to Clarke, Varric tapped on his shoulder and asked, "Hey buddy, you got a cigarette? I like to have a smoke after being royally fucked and finding out about it." He pointed a thumb at the nearly disappeared burning cruise ship in the distance behind him.

Finally he realized that they were on the island with the large carnivorous no longer extincted monsters and Varric felt as though his heart skipped a beat, his eyes widened and his eyebrows rose as he scanned the treeline. Turning to the guy with the common sense again, his voice came down from his sarcastic tone to one of concern, "we, uh, should probably get some cover right? I mean with all the man eating things here and all these blood covered bodies laying around..." Varric's voice drifted off, letting his audience as well as whoever was listening to draw the conclusion to his sentence themselves while he continued to focus on the treeline in front of him.

Just as Violet stood and ran to her father, clinging to him and him clinging back, a man scorned them for shouting. Edgar glared dangerously at the man, "You're one to talk! My first priorities are myself and my daughter, you can piss off!" His French accent was started to surface, and Violet pulled away from him to scold him, "Father, that's no way to talk to people, you know that! He's just concerned for our safety!" She sighed and he stood down, looking away and glaring at nothing.

Violet looked to the young man now, "I'm sorry. My father's not exactly a people person. He's very protective of me, hence his frantic shouting." She heard someone as for a doctor, "I am! Well, a med student but I know how to treat injuries very well! Illnesses too!" She went to a survivor who looked like he worked on the ship, and she assess his injuries. "Broken leg..." She looked around, "And we don't have a first aid kit at least, so we need to improvise for now." She tore her blue jacket off and wrapped the man's wound to stop the bleeding at least, "You're going to be fine, we just need to get you to a medical station so I can properly treat you. You worked on the vessel, yes? Do you know if this island has any medical stations left in tact?"

Edgar meanwhile was watching his daughter the entire time, and he looked to another survivor who seemed full of himself. "You're taking this situation rather calmly, aren't you? We're in a panicked situation, we're lost on an island, and you're acting like it's a minor inconvenience. Well, excuse me, SIR, but I don't think you comprehend what sort of situation we're in! In layman's terms, we're FUCKED!" He snarled at the man, already annoyed. He just wanted to get as far away from these ignoramuses as quickly as possible. He hobbled over to Violet, still using his walking stick as a crutch. "If we find a medical station, we can also find a radio for help, have them extract us and be done with it. I don't want to stay here a second longer with these people." He grumbled and looked around the island, "Predators will surely come soon, we need to move, now."

Violet looked up at her father, "Dad, we can't move him easily like this, the bone's protruding, we need two people to carry him. Why don't you and I do that?"

Edgar stared at his daughter like she had three heads, "You're kidding, right?"

Violet glared at him, "It's the only way! Can you stop thinking of yourself for once and help the situation rather than hinder it?!"

Edgar sighed, rubbing the bridge of his noise, "My own leg is slightly injured, Violet, how do you expect me in my own condition to help. Why not ask those strapping young lads over there?" He motioned to Clarke and the sassy one.

Violet looked to the two males now, "Can one of you please help me carry this man? Our first priority is to get to a med station so I can treat his injuries, and anyone else's."

Ross, who was a ways from many of the survivors, heard the shouting in the distance. The sound of rustling leaves making him feel sick, as the thought of being faced with large prehistoric animals didn't exactly appeal to him. "Daud, get up."

Daud had just finished vomiting for the third time before he heard his brother speak, rising hesitantly onto unsteady feet. "Fuck, is that a dead guy?!" He pointed to a corpse that was only a foot from him.

"Seriously? You're just-" Ross rubbed his thumbs against his temples and sighed heavily. "Just try to ignore it, we aren't alone on this beach." He started walking, cursing under his breath as he tried to calm his nerves, he wasn't necessarily panicked... but he was getting angry, as he was starting to realize he was probably going to die with this man, if here.

"Ignore it? How am I supposed to- How are you so damn calm?!"

"Daud, please."

They walked in silence for five minutes when they finally reached a small group of survivors.

(Sorry, getting ready to fly home.)

"We weren't told anything about the island during our work on the ship." Thomas groaned at the pain throbbing in his leg.

"That being said, there's a beacon inside the ship that upon any sign of distress sends out a signal to the main-land. That is if the beacon didn't get destroyed during the accident..." he gritted his teeth in between his sentence.

"...which is unlikely. I think we should just stay here on the beach and wait for them to send their extraction vehicles." Thomas wiped some sweat off his forehead and nodded his thanks at the young woman who bandaged his leg.

---

"No smoking, our presence needs to be as minimal as possible. Hence getting on gramps about his screaming." Clarke shrugged at Varric and stepped over to Thomas and Violet. He looked down with a solemn look on his face.

"That being said, I don't mean to indelicate but when these bodies start to stink it's going to attract a predator. We should bury them. Look, this beach is covered in rocks. We should just cover the bodies and try our best to minimize...the stink." He scrunched up his nose at the sight of all the mangled and broken bodies.

Clarke pulled a phone from his pocket and went to open it up, and it wouldn't turn on. He swore under his breath and tossed the phone into the ocean in anger. Thunder continued to roar above their heads and the rain continued to come down hard.

"Alright. There should be a med-center somewhere on the island..." He rubbed his chin and pointed towards the dense jungle a few hundred feet away.

"That's the only downside. We'd have to move through the jungle, and carrying an injured person through would slow us down way too much." He patted Thomas on the shoulder, hoping that he would understand the risk of taking him through the jungle.

---

Thomas nodded in acknowledgement.

"Maybe a few of us should stick behind on the beach in case rescue arrives, while the other go find med supplies and maybe a way to communicate with the outside? Just in case the beacon was destroyed in our accident." He groaned out in pain, and reached out for his leg.

---

"Well, I'll go find the med-center but I'd only want to bring three others with me. We don't want a big group hauling through the jungle. Too much noise, and we all know what's most likely hiding out in there." He gestured back towards the jungle.

A roar echoed out in the distance, no where close to them but it definitely set Clarke on edge.

"Who's coming? We're gonna be moving fast."

When the father began to freak out and yelled at random people, including him, then go and suggest asking for their help, Varric rolled his eyes again. The daughter seemed nice, but since he doubted that she would just leave her old man to die a pretty horrific death, he shrugged and said evenly, "To what med station? We're on an island full of dinosaurs and I don't know about the rest of you, but this is the first time I've been on this island. Is there even a med station here?" He gave the dad an indifferent look. "Oh by the way, word of advice: try not yelling at people before asking for their help. People are less inclined to lend a hand to those that told them to 'piss off' moments before, you chucklefuck."

At the roar in the distance, Varric looked around quickly to make sure something wasn't going to crash through the jungle at them. After a moment when nothing tried to kill them, he looked over at the sensible guy who had been giving out instructions before then walking away to put a bit of distance between him and everyone else. The college student's found that if he isolated himself, he tends to do less damage from his habit of venting out loud. "Oh good, stay here and wait to get eaten or go and serve ourselves on a platter to the man eating apex predators of a prehistoric jungle. That's just the good news I was hoping to pick up my day. Anyone got a form of me testing positive for an STD?" He looked around mockingly, before finally getting all of his frustrations out and sighing before walking back to the group.

Going up to Clarke, he gave a mock salute and said, "I'll come with you. Better to have large chance of getting eaten in the jungle than a certainty of getting eaten waiting for help next to a bloated corpse. Lead the way and I'll follow. Hell I'll do you one better. Keep me alive and I'll keep my mouth shut... mostly." He said to the side in a mutter before turning back to the self appointed leader. "Sound good?"

Violet knew already the tension between the one sarcastic man and her father, and honestly she didn't want to deal with it. She rose to her feet and looked to Edgar, "Father, you stay here, with your own injured leg you will be of little use to us traveling." She looked to Clarke, "I'm going with you, being a doctor myself I can get the appropriate items I need to treat everyone."

Edgar glared at Violet sternly, "Violetta, I'm not leaving you--"

Violet interjected firmly, "Father, please do as I ask, I promise I'll come back to you. Right now, we are in a survival situation and we need to act quickly, especially since predators roam this island."

Edgar looked down, defeated, "Fine...but if you're not back in two hours, I'm coming after you."

"I anticipated you would answer in that manner, father." She smiled to him, "And whether or not I argue against it, I know you'll do so anyway. Regardless, please stay here with the injured, and make sure this man's leg does not bleed out. I charge you with his safety until we return."

"Tch, I'm a scientist, not a Doctor. Fine, Violet, you're lucky I know at least basic first aid." Edgar replied, then looked to the others, "Burying these corpses in the sand or even the dirt is a band aid solution, I suggest we put them in the water, since their scent will be covered up. It's too risky burying them on land."

She looked to Clarke and Varric, "So four of us, with no weapons, trying to find a satellite radio and medical supplies. Since these are predators, we need to stay as downwind as possible to avoid their detection. Hopefully, we can get lucky and find weapons somewhere on this island. But even that would take a miracle."

Ross stopped just in time to hear the plans of the other survivors, he immediately perked up. "You're going to look for a med station? I'm a nurse, mind if I join you?" He said, considering his attire he removed his soaking wet jacket and flung it into the sand. He barely noticed the distant calls of the ancient beasts of the jungle, his eyes were bright with the excitement only leaving his brother could create.

Daud grabbed his brother's shoulder, "Ross, you can't."

"Nothing's stopping me, why not?" He shrugged the offending hand away and turned to face his brother, who had a worried look on his face, and leaned towards him, "You don't get to decide when you come back into my life." He said under his breath, though he was more likely to be heard than not.

"Don't you have a wife waiting for you back home?" Ross blanked for a moment before becoming hostile once more, "You know NOTHING about me, or about my life, so back off!" He pushed the man away, nearly knocking him to the ground before he turned to the gathering search party.

"Sorry about that." He scratched his arm nervously, "I'm Ross."

"Sure thing. I don't know shit about medicine, just dinosaurs. I'm Clarke by the way." Clarke laughed to himself, and took of his hoodie and handed it to Thomas. Thomas smiled and took the hoodie and slipped it on. Clarke then stared towards the jungle and took a deep breath.

"Alright. Here's the plan. We go find a med-center. This island from what I know was where they bred the dinosaurs back when the first park was being built, so there should be some sort of medical facility." He turned back at the bodies scattered around the beach, Thomas wasn't the only injured person to have woken up, so they would need to bring a few supplies back with them to help everyone.

The older man brought up that the bodies should be dumped in the ocean to mask their scent. Clarke felt bad for nodding in agreement.

"Be sure to check that the people are breathing before dumping them in...please. If we're not back in two hours try and come find us." He clapped his hands together, took a look at the group going with him and smiled. He started his trek towards the jungle, looking up in the sky as a massive bolt of lightning flashed above.

---

Thomas wrapped Clarke's hoodie around himself to keep warm from the waves splashing up onto the beach, and the tropical thunderstorm going on around them. He was glad that Clarke knew something about dinosaurs, at-least someone in their little gathering did.

"The boy is right; INGEN had used this island to breed the dinosaurs before transferring them to Isla Nublar. A hurricane wiped out the facilities here and the animals were released and everyone evacuated. That's all we were told about the island on the ship. Nothing about where things where, no maps, nothing." He scratched the grey stubble on his chin and looked out over the skyline and ocean and swallowed hard.

He looked up at the people declaring themselves medical professionals.

"Drinks are on me if any of you can find some morphine." He laughed to himself, but was cut short to the throbbing pain in his leg.

Varric shrugged his shoulder as he watched the two guys scuffled for a moment before one of them shoved the other one into the sand and came over with an introduction. Ross got an answer from the sensible guy, Clarke, who laid out the plan and began the trek into the jungle. Varric gave another look around the beach as people began to follow instructions, a look at the treeline, still as forbidding as ever, and shrugged. If he was going to die, he hoped that the dinosaurs would at least have the decency to kill him first before they start eating.

As he began to follow Clarke, Varric called back to those at the beach. "Try to not get eaten guys! Or bleed to death! Or drown! Or hypothermia! We'll be back whenever we end up finding some medical supplies or if something's trying to eat us. You'll know which it'll be when we arrive." With that, he went into the underbrush behind Clarke, backpack strapped tightly to his back and a binocular around his neck.

Violet made a note of the names spoken so far, "Clarke and Ross. I'm Violet, I wish we met under better circumstances but pleasure to make your acquaintances just the same." She motioned to her father, "This is my father, Doctor Edgar Frais, he's a Chemist. I'm a surgeon and diagnostician, or at least I will be soon." She looked to Ross, "You're a nurse? You could be of great help to me, if you're willing to assist me, of course."

Edgar looked at Clarke as he spoke, then nodded, looking at his watch, "Thank God this thing is waterproof. Alright, I will time it, you all have two hours before we come and search for you. Please bring my daughter back alive...Clarke." He addressed the self appointed leader with an unusually gentle tone of voice. He and Violet shared a hug before she left with the men.

"Be careful." He mumbled to her.

"I love you too, dad." She smiled gently and squeezed his hand before leaving with the group. Edgar sighed and watched her go, praying to any deity who would listen that she be alright, even if he wasn't. He turned to the beach at corpses beached like dead whales. He shook his head and sighed, "Well...let's get to it. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my vacation with my daughter, I have half a mind to sue." He joked to no one in particular.

Ross chuckled, "Nice to meet you too, Clarke, Violet, and you over there." He gestured to the man who had yet to speak his name, not expecting a greeting in doing so. He took a look over the beach, he was just on a cruise ship that was now a mess beneath the ocean's surface, and now he was going to risk his life for escape from his brother, searching for simple supplies that may not be there or even be useful.

He knew all these things, but he was the first one behind Clarke once he'd started walking, in fact, if it was his choice he would have gone as soon as they'd hit the beach, it was nice to think of something other than... well, anything he'd been thinking before he was set to leave. He looked through the leaves of the trees, fond memories of trips with his fiancé... Now spouse... He twisted the ring, fit snug around his finger, praying to whatever forces a non-religious, spiritual man was mean to believe it. His heartbeat echoed in his skull, rattling his thoughts, the word rattlesnake would come to mind with whatever jumbled mess he was in... Mentally... His physical struggles were painfully clear, though that might be the soreness he was feeling in his neck from the lovely swim to the hell island his heart told him he would die on. He shook the thought away, he couldn't die, he HAD to get back home, he couldn't let his family down.

---------------------

Daud didn't even watch him go, he was watching the sky, how the clouds moved differently above the island, and though it could be that he was unfit, perhaps it was the crushing feeling in his chest, his lungs exhausted. He could have been any one corpse om the beach, but he was, for the most part, uninjured, leave for sone small scratches and bruises, the salt water didn't help the stinging cold as a rush of wind blew straight through him from within the musky depths of that forest he'd practically chased his own brother into.

What would have been different had he stayed in his room? Perhaps he'd still be on a boring cruise worrying about how he'd start of the conversation with his brother, or maybe he'd have been thinking of his current scam...

If he got back home, what would change? Nothing? Everything? All he knew right at that moment was that the smell of decaying blood cells was getting to his head, he got sick again, violently so. Nothing came out, he hadn't eaten or drank much today... He felt hopelessly thirsty, no... At this point he just felt hopeless. "So... What's the plan?"

They had been walking for a good hour at this point and Clarke could feel the dampness in the air soaking into his clothes. He scrambled over a large moss-covered log and wiped some sweat off his forehead. He glanced around at this fellow companions and saw they too were soaked through from sweat and the humidity hanging in the jungle air.

The ground shook beneath their feet, and Clarke immediately froze on instinct. He could feel his heart beating in his ears, beating faster than it ever had in his life. Was a Tyrannosaur about to come bursting out of the jungle surrounding them? He brought a finger to his lips to motion they move as quietly as possible.

Another ten minutes passed and he had entered a clearing and his jaw dropped. What lay before him was one of the most beautiful, yet eerie sights he had ever seen in his existence on the planet, and he had seen living dinosaurs before at Jurassic World, but this was beyond that.

Looming out in-front of him was a massive control building (the one from JPIII where they made the dinosaurs) it was in a ruined state and covered in hanging vines, moss, and the sounds of tropical birds and animals all around them. However, that's not what his jaw drop, standing off to the side of the building feasting on the tallest trees was a massive dinosaur that was impossibly tall. He felt a smile spread across his lips and the animal looked down at the gathered group of humans around it and snorted and went back to feasting on the leaves.

"It's...beautiful." He stared up at the Brachiosaurus and wish he had a camera to take a picture of this beautiful animal. He motioned for the group to walk towards the front doors of the building, passing vehicles in deep states of disrepair. One particular jeep had all of the windows busted out and vines growing inside of it. He climbed the steps leading to the front door and pushed the door open, groaning out in protest under it's first form of physical movement in fourteen or so years.

---

Thomas grabbed a nearby piece of driftwood and hauled himself up onto his feet using it as a makeshift crutch. He gasped out in pain, and hobbled towards the group now moving corpses into the ocean. He frowned seeing some familiar faces being dumped into the water, and thanked God that he had survived. He couldn't imagine what it would be like for the families to never know where their loved one's bodies had ended up. He swallowed the sickness rising in his throat, and turned his attention towards the jungle when the ground shook beneath their feet.

He shook his head, thinking it was the thunder roaring overhead and couldn't help but laugh at the man joking at suing the cruise-line.

"I wouldn't blame you. This trip wasn't even supposed to happen." He hobbled towards the older man and held out a hand introducing himself.

"I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Thomas, one of the engineers of the ship." Their interaction was cut surprisingly short when one of the unconscious survivors woke up after being picked up and carried towards the ocean. The survivor let out a blood-curdling scream causing the Hispanic man carrying him to drop him in fright.

The Hispanic man knelt down to help the man up, and apologized numerous times in Spanish. Thomas hobbled over to make sure everything was alright, and realized the unconscious man was a lawyer who had been put on the ship after numerous complaints from the crew about the Captain not listening and still going out in the tropical storm.

"You shouldn't be screaming, sir. Something might hear us..." The lawyer waved off Thomas, and pushed the Hispanic man out of his way and went to sit under a tree near the jungle to get out of the rain, and away from the stench of the corpses. Thomas muttered asshole under his breath and his attention was quickly turned towards the sky as the sound of a Helicopter was heard in the distance.

Thomas screamed out Helicopter and motioned towards the direction of the sound. Survivors were cheering all around them, and nobody seemed to notice another tremor echoing through the ground, getting closer.

---

"We're approaching Isla Sorna, ETA five minutes." The pilot said as rain hammered the cockpit window. He looked over to his co-pilot who was checking over various signals, and a bleeping sound was going on their radar where the ship had sunk. He frowned and noticed no life-signatures on the image.

The helicopter was bucking from turbulence of the tropical storm going on around them. Then the pilot saw them, numerous people standing on the beach of Site B waving at the chopper, while a handful of people were dragging corpses into the ocean. He swore, and prepared to land on the beach. He was surprised this many people had survived the accident, and had hoped the storm wouldn't cause any issues for the evacuation.

BANG!

Lightning slammed into the tail of the chopper, and the pilot screamed out-loud as the helicopter began spinning out of control and heading towards the beach. He and his co-pilot were struggling against the controls trying to veer the crashing vehicle away from the people gathered on the beach.

Alarms were blaring inside the cockpit, and before they could even comprehend what was happening the chopper slammed into a cluster of rocks near the water's edge, and the co-pilot was ejected through the windshield of the chopper, and landed on the beach, dead. The pilot lifted his head which was badly wounded and caught a glimpse of his co-pilot sprawled out on the beach. He went to undo his straps to get out, and that's when the wreckage exploded into a ball of fire killing him instantly.

---

Thomas jumped at the sudden explosion of the helicopter, and the sight of the co-pilots corpse landing a few feet infront of him. He couldn't even begin to comprehend what had happened, but then that's when it happened. A large, bellowing roar erupted from the inside of the jungle, and the ground shook with immense force. It was an impact tremor.

He turned towards the direction of the sound, and could see the lawyer looking up at a large black animal covered in red blotches and long, shark-like teeth. It let out a bellowing roar, and eyed up everyone on the beach.

At Ross's comment, Varric shrugged and replied in an unsure voice, "Sure thing... Ross."

They walked for a bit before Varric gave a low whistle as the Brachiosaurus came into view. He began reaching for his phone to take a picture, before realizing that it was dead from being waterlogged. He gave the dinosaur a while berth as Clarke motioned for them to head towards the large dilapidated building, and was internally glad that the massive beast did not deemed them worthy of taking an extra second or two to squish into tiny paste. The building looked like it hadn't been used for a good decade at least. The college student gave a look at the overgrown plants in and around the scattered cars.

"I'm going to take a while guess that a new battery and some spare tires aren't going to be enough to do much for these huh?" He said to no one in particular in a low voice as they cautiously went to the entrance of the building. Even as Clarke placed his hand on the door and began to pushed it open, Varric said in a more urgent tone. "You sure that's a good idea? Isn't this the part in the horror movie where one of us gets dragged into the creepy building by something inside to lure the rest of us in or something?"

Violet traveled in silence with the men, figures she was the only living and conscious female when it came to the survivors. Still, she considered herself damn lucky to be so. She stopped when Clarke did and cast her green eyes upwards to marvel at a large Brachiasaurus, and a small smile formed on her lips, "Magnificent!" She breathed out the word, then she followed the group to climb the steps and up to the door. She turned to the man who made the horror movie comment, "If we're smart, and quiet, it won't have to be so. And trust me, we WISH this was a mere movie set and not a quest for survival." She looked to Clarke, "Have you...actually been here, on this island, before?" He seemed to know his way around, and of course she had to inquire about that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edgar, on the beach, started moving the bodies when he looked to Daud, "Plan is, we check the bodies to see if they are alive, and if not, they go into the water, as disgusting as that may sound, but we cannot afford predators to come and find us, this is essentially a buffet." He made a sweeping gesture with his arm to the bodies laying on the shore. He turned his attention to Thomas, quirked an eyebrow, then gave a formal smile and shook the man's hand, "I'm Doctor Edgar Frais, pleasure." He looked to Thomas' leg, "How is your leg? You can't be standing on that for too long, you know, as admirable as you see-" He was cut off by a scream, and he hobbled over quickly using his long walking stick to the injured, "Keep him quiet! We don't want to attract the wrong attention!" He looked around the shore line, grabbed a small palm stick and shoved it into the screaming man's mouth, "Silence!" He hissed, "And bite down on that to ease the pain!"

He turned when he heard a helicopter, then thanked God in French as he frantically waved arm up at them, but it seemed his dreams of freedom off this island crashed and burned when the helicopter was oh so INconveniently struck by lightning and hit the ground, a body flying from its window, and then it exploded. Edgar snarled, "Well, isn't THAT just God damned PEACHY!" He growled, trying to hide the fear in his voice. When he looked up, seeing one of the large carnivores on this island. He grabbed Thomas and Daud and pulled them back, "Quickly, into the brush!" He made for the bushes, helping Thomas along first and foremost since he was the injured one, but we motioned Daud to hide with him, getting on his belly at the first underbrush he came across. He motioned for them to be quiet, then looked on at the scene unfolding.

He prayed to God Violet was alright.

Ross, upon seeing the brachiosaurus, was overcome with immense fear and amazement. The absolute heat radiating from the creature didn't help the humidity, but was astonishing nonetheless. "Well, on the 'bright' side, there's a better view from here than from the ship." He muttered under his breath before swiping sweat from his forehead, some energy returning to his gaze. He moved to join the group once more, where the sarcastic man was making a point about the building Clarke sought to open, "So long as we are cautious, I don't see the harm in opening a door... Though there could very well be anything in there..." He looked up at the sky at the sound of a distant commotion, shrugging it off without a second thought.

----------

Daud had just checked the pulse of a young woman, finding her to be disturbingly cold. He was getting ready to move her, feeling sick but not having much left to get sick with, when the thunderous sound of a helicopter echoed throughout his skull. 'Are we... already being found?' He thought as he rose, he walked into the center of the beach to see the helicopter, gracefully swaying like a majestic bird, unaware of the sounds around him until the God forsaken thing crashed, a corpse flying from the wreckage upon impact. 'Shit...' When he came back to he was being pulled back, finally seeing the glaring colors of an age-old beast. He heard the man call for them to return to the brush, swiftly making his way to the thickly settled plant life and finding an empty place in the brush. He couldn't see the others, and he could barely see the monster walking on the sand, but he could hear all of them breathing, and worked to mask his own noise in silence, to terrified to think of anything other than what a shit person he was, how he could've had an easier life had he worked for a real job instead of scammjng, how it was far too late to be thinking of this as the monster seemed to get larger and larger with the passing time... all he could hope for was that the beast was a scavenger.

(Sorry I took so long, bluh.)

(Hold on to your butts, here we go.)

Clarke stepped into a dimly lit hallway with some busted windows letting tiny slivers of light leak through into the hall. The floor was caked with years worth of mud, and grime. Dead leaves scattered the floors and crunched with every step, the sounds of the Brachiosaurus crushing branches outside still audible.

"I've never been here, no. I just...figured we might as well scope the place out." He smiled at the group and moved onward down the hall. The room they had stepped into upon entering was a pretty standard reception area. There was a desk that was made of beautiful oak, but had developed thick mold growth over the decades since the island had been abandoned by INGEN.

A phone sat on the desk, but everyone would most likely realize there was no way in hell it had worked. Clarke sighed, and began looting through the drawers of the desk, and shouted in surprise when two rats scurried out from one of the drawers and fell to the floor and scurried off down an even darker hallway. He swore under his breath and continued to search through the drawer and produced a pack of matches with only one match left.

"Well, that's good luck." He pocketed the matches, and noticed a sign on one of the hallway walls that had two faded arrows pointing left, and one to the right. The left arrow said "Clinic" and the other had said "Cafeteria", letting out a sigh of relief Clarke motioned for them to slowly make their way towards the clinic. He had no idea what could be lurking inside this building, and truly hoped they wouldn't come across anything...unsavory.

---

The Carcharodontosaurus lumbered out onto the beach and before the Lawyer could scream he had been lifted into the air and swallowed whole. Thomas watched the entire scene unfold from his cover in the bushes with the others. He could feel himself sweating profusely and the sweat was getting into the wound on his leg and causing it to sting like a mother.

The entire beach was deathly quiet save for the large carnivore stomping across it, and inspecting the corpses that still lie there in their final resting places. Luckily, the animal was still a few hundred feet away so Thomas whispered as quiet as possible, the sounds of both the animal's thunderous footsteps and the storm going on helping to mask the sound of it, for he dare not speak louder.

"Shouldn't we make for the jungle? It can't eat all of us at once..." Thomas frowned and rubbed his leg, doing his best to get the sand out of the wound.

The Carcho sniffed at one of the corpses, and gobbled it up the sound of crunching bones filling the beach air. That's when it happened, one of the gathered survivors, a heavier set man covered in bruises and cuts stood up and raced from the bushes and made a bee-line for the jungle, his feet pounding the sand as he ran. The great carnivore let out a bellowing roar and gave chase, the man hadn't made it twenty feet before the dinosaur had devoured him.

Sniff, sniff.

The dinosaur was sniffing the air, and turned its attention towards the brush and everyone hiding within. Thomas felt his heart drop and the dinosaur let out another tremendous roar and lumbered towards the bush. Thomas swore out-loud and limp-raced towards the jungle, noticing people were following suite.

The animal snapped its jaws which narrowly missed a middle-aged woman, however her husband wasn't so lucky having the Carchar step on him with its full weight, reducing him to a pile of broken bones, limbs, and mess. She screamed out in grief, but was quickly pulled towards the jungle by another survivor.

Thomas had never been in so much pain in his life, he felt like he was on the verge of blacking out. The jungle was just within his reach, the others were so close behind him, and he was surprised he was moving so fast with a gimped leg, and a makeshift crutch. The vines ahead of them would assure the dinosaur couldn't get through to them, they just had to go five more feet...

As soon as Thomas hit the treeline he blacked out from pain...

Varric followed Clarke cautiously into the building after him, though not before turning to the girl and muttering in a low voice. "Well duh? Of course I wish this was a movie set, but that wasn't what I said was it? I said a horror movie, not a horror movie set. People die in the movies, not on the set." He rolled his eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, before taking a look around the darken insides of the structure, wincing slightly at the crunch of the dead leaves on the ground as they traversed over the floor.

He kept a lookout while Clarke went through the moldy desk, only to jump quickly when the man gave out a surprise yell. Varric resisted turning to the man with a glare as he scanned the nearby hallways and the ceiling from side to side. "Christ's sake man! Don't do that!" He hissed over his shoulder at Clarke, though the college boy didn't know why he was keeping a look out at all. It wasn't like he had a weapon or something to hold off a hungry dino if one showed up. Maybe the chance to run first out of the group?

Varric then noticed the two hallways, one going to the cafeteria and one to the clinic, supposedly. When Clarke began to make his way to the clinic area, Varric inched forward in that direction as well, keeping towards the center of the group when he could, or at least close to the others, while facing outwards to continually scan for movement and listen for any inconspicuous noise.

Violet rolled her eyes, "Not what I meant, but alright." She muttered back to him, "Seems like the only note you've been given was to be sarcastic, do you have any other emotion aside from that one?" She snapped quietly back at him, then sighed and shook her head, "Never mind, forget it. Now isn't the time or bicker or make snarky remarks, we need to focus." She watched Clarke rummage through a drawer only to gasp when he was startled, and she was relieved to see it was only two rats.

Which probably carried very dangerous diseases, but at least they wouldn't swallow them whole.

She brightened up when she saw the sign for the Clinic, "Excellent, let's hurry!" She walked swiftly and at a quick pace towards the direction of the clinic, "In and out, as fast as we can!"

====================================================

Edgar's ice blue eyes widened as people were being swallowed whole on the beach, and he looked to Thomas to answer his question when a tourist ran for his life, only to be eaten as well. And of course, the Dino sniffed them out. He bolted for the jungle, and was just behind Thomas, able to catch the man when he blacked out. He gave a frustrated sigh but kept moving quickly, looking for any place else to hide. With Thomas' arm over his shoulder, he was able to carry him away from the crowd of tourists running from the monster and side stepped behind a tree, finding more underbrush to take cover under and waving over to Daud to come with them. The others would have to figure their own way out of this one, but Edgar found he rather liked Thomas, and the other guy wasn't so bad either. At least they gave him some company.

Ross chuckled quietly at the dialogue taking place between Violet and the smart-ass one, something that distracted him for a moment before Clarke shouted at two rats that went running down the hall. The man flinched but was mostly wondering how these small animals were surviving om the island, though they were known to be omnivorous and, at times, cannibalistic. He let out an inquisitive "Hm." and continued walking, looking up at the ceiling, a faint creaking of wind echoing in the distance as air seeped through the battered walls.

He spotted the deteriorated text on the wall about the same time as Clarke and assumed they'd be going in the direction of the 'Clinic', though in the back of his mind he was curious about what could be in the cafeteria... Think of which, he wondered what would be going on in the clinic, hopefully it still there, seeing the size of some of those dinosaurs, they could stub a 'toe' and rip a building from its foundations.

-------------------

Daud could practically feel the breath of the dinosaur and the wind rushing out beneath it's feet as it stomped towards the brush where he lay in hiding, that's when they started running, the crunching of bones was an unbeatable grating sound that hung heavy in his mind. The injured man ran, followed soon by the scientist who was followed closely by Daud. He anticipated the sound of snapping branches as he followed the man now dragging along the unconcious injured man to cover, of course, Daud followed suit when he diverged from the stampeding tourists, hiding along with them. "Holy... Shit..." He said very quietly under his breath, every muscle in his body was tensed and his pupils shrank as the terror set in.

The halls echoed with every footstep from the group. With each step Clarke grew more and more nervous of some type of carnivore running out from the one of the adjacent rooms and eating them. He swallowed his fear, and decided to try and get to know the others a little better since the constant quietness of their adventure was making him uncomfortable, and most importantly bored.

"So, why did you guys decide to get on the cruise. Personally, I run a well known paleontology/dinosaur related podcast and Simon Masrani personally wanted my opinion on the cruise and was hoping that I'd review it on my next podcast episode." He chuckled to himself realizing what his next episode would probably entail, if he made it out of here of course.

---

Thomas snapped awake, and gasped out loud. They were in dense jungle staring out onto the beach, and gazing out at the Carcharodontosaurus who was now lumbering around the beach snacking on the corpses still strewn all over in the sand. He had guessed it couldn't reach them in the dense foliage they were in on the border of the jungle. Sat next to him he saw Edgar, and Daud and a handful of other survivors from the beach who had made it to the tree-line, he realized then that there numbers were fairly small now, and hoped the other group was faring far better.

"Thanks, if it hadn't been for you..." He said through gritted teeth, nodding his appreciation towards Edgar, who if it hadn't been for him he would have surely been dead.

He straightened out the makeshift bandage on his leg, and noticed some blood had stained through the shirt tied around his leg. He swore under his breath, and reached for his driftwood cane and was pleased to see that it hadn't broken during the scuffle with the carnivore.

"So, now what?" He gazed around their small area of the jungle and noticed a few small flowering bushes of berries just near the treeline. He didn't know if they were edible, and didn't want to risk it.

---

After the group answered his question Clarke smiled at them and stopped in his tracks and could feel the morale and happiness welling up inside of him. In front of the doors of the clinic were two busted vending machines (the ones from JPIII that Billy kicks open). Clarke reaches in and pulls out a plethora of protein bars, and some odd vacuum sealed bags of dried food. He noted that they had an unnaturally long expiration date, and had another few years before they'd be inedible.

He handed each person a protein bar, the only flavor being pineapple and a bag of the dried food, which was some type of carrot and apple mixture. Without a moment's hesitation, he ripped into his own supply of food and scarfed down the protein bar, deciding to save the dried bag just incase something came up and they had to stay on the island.

"If all else fails, we can just bring all this food back to the rest of us." He noted at the machines which still had a fair amount of food in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back