• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Jurassic Park Roleplay - Interest Check -

Which Jurassic Park RP appeals to you?

• Asset Containment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Park Re-Opened

• Troubled Coast

• Total voters

Manio

From Gallifrey with love.
Just checking in to see how many people would be interested in doing a Jurassic Park/Jurassic World style roleplay. It would be pretty simple and it would go along with the three ideas that I have for said roleplay. Vote for whichever one you prefer.

I'm a huge fan of the Jurassic Park series as it alone is responsible for me getting into the career of being a writer, so I've always wanted to do one of these, so let's do it.

sqxYRTi.png

Asset Containment

Asset Containment is a roleplay that would be set two years or so after the events of Jurassic Park III where the ACU (Asset Containment Unit) is dispatched to Isla Nublar while the Jurassic World version of the park is in the process of being built and their sole purpose is to capture the loose dinosaurs roaming around the old area of the island. The catch? You'll only have non-lethal weaponry. Basically, everyone would be playing some type of military trained person trying to capture dinosaurs with 'shock' and 'tranq' based weaponry. People will die of-course.

Extra Details

Year: 2003

Can Players Die: Yes

Weapons: Yes, but non-lethals.

Qsmj4bP.png

Park Re-Opened

Park Re-Opened would be set about three years after the events of Jurassic World, and the park has been shutdown and the various governments have vowed to never let another park get opened ever again. However, due to the events that transpired in Jurassic World, Masrani and Ingen have gone bankrupt and their assets have been bought out by rival bio-engineering company, Biosyn who repaired the damages caused during Jurassic World and re-opened the park and have explained that they will not fail where other's have in the past. They also bribed various government officials to allow them to take over control of Isla Nublar and once again re-open a dinosaur park. You'd be taking the role of either a Park Staff member or Visitor to the new park and of course trouble breaks out and people start getting eaten.

Basically, our own version of the park/events/dinosaurs without having to worry about strict guidelines set by the films.

Extra Details

Year: 2018

Weapons: Visitors do not, certain Park Staff have non-lethals.

Rb7ApQS.png

Troubled Coast

Troubled Coast seems like in my mind that it would be the more horror centric roleplay out of the three as you're just going to be everyday people thrust into a terrible scenario in an environment that is totally alien to you. A cruise-ship has been developed to tour the island of Isla Sorna (Site B) now that it has been set up as a biological preserve for the dinosaurs by the late John Hammond. People spend decent amounts of money to go on said cruise and hope to catch a glimpse of these beautiful animals. However, a severe storm hits off the coast of the island and sinks the ship. Numerous people die in the accident, but the survivors (that's all of you) wash up on the island and with no means of communication must find a way to not only survive on the island alongside its prehistoric inhabitants, but work together to find a way off.

This roleplay would take place around the same timeline as the Jurassic World film takes place. So, this RP is set in 2015.

Extra Details

Year: 2015

Weapons: No

So, if you're interested in taking part in a Jurassic Park themed roleplay please cast your vote and post which option you've chosen. The most popular option will get chosen, or whichever option we decide would not only be the most fun, but the most interesting to try out.

I enjoyed both the Park Re-opened idea as well as Troubled Coast, but I voted Park Re-Opened since it was single vote and it edges the other option out slightly.

Finally, a comment!

And fair enough @WanderingJester personally I felt like Asset Containment would be like the action fun one but the other two would harness a more horror approach which I'd adore. We'll see what happens if more people comment and seem interested. If we get about four more people, hell even three more people we can tackle one of them.

Manio said:
Finally, a comment!
And fair enough @WanderingJester personally I felt like Asset Containment would be like the action fun one but the other two would harness a more horror approach which I'd adore. We'll see what happens if more people comment and seem interested. If we get about four more people, hell even three more people we can tackle one of them.
If this does take off I'll probably use the "sarcastic schmuck" character, just like the logical and rational guy that's never in any horror movie xD

WanderingJester said:
If this does take off I'll probably use the "sarcastic schmuck" character, just like the logical and rational guy that's never in any horror movie xD
I could handle that. I just need to try and figure out character sheets (easiest part of course) and how character deaths are going to work. That being said, if we end up tackling Troubled Coast which seems to be the popular option if someone dies they can just take over as another survivor of the cruise-ship accident that is lost on the island and somehow stumbles upon the group. Or, if they do get killed they're completely out? It's difficult to decide.

For Troubled Coast they of course have no knowledge of the island as it is Site B and Isla Nublar was the main attraction island. Sure, in this "world" for the roleplay cruiseships are chartered to tour around the islands, but legally nobody is ever allowed to step foot on the island due to it being a government protected natural preserve. So, the survivors are stuck on and island they have no clues about how to get where and there's no fences, boundaries, or weapons protecting them from the dinosaurs.

Of course, figuring out what dinosaurs are the main antagonists for the group is the next fun part. I've obviously been leaning towards a Tyrannosaurus but we've seen that already in two films, and the novels. The Spinosaurus would probably still be roaming around on Sorna, but I want something we haven't seen in a Jurassic film/book so far. So, I'm leaning towards Carcharadontosaurus or Giganotosaurus.

And then we'd have the other dino-antagonists roaming the island like the Velociraptors, and Compies. I'd like to have some Dilophosaurus love in there too.

Manio said:
I could handle that. I just need to try and figure out character sheets (easiest part of course) and how character deaths are going to work. That being said, if we end up tackling Troubled Coast which seems to be the popular option if someone dies they can just take over as another survivor of the cruise-ship accident that is lost on the island and somehow stumbles upon the group. Or, if they do get killed they're completely out? It's difficult to decide.
For Troubled Coast they of course have no knowledge of the island as it is Site B and Isla Nublar was the main attraction island. Sure, in this "world" for the roleplay cruiseships are chartered to tour around the islands, but legally nobody is ever allowed to step foot on the island due to it being a government protected natural preserve. So, the survivors are stuck on and island they have no clues about how to get where and there's no fences, boundaries, or weapons protecting them from the dinosaurs.

Of course, figuring out what dinosaurs are the main antagonists for the group is the next fun part. I've obviously been leaning towards a Tyrannosaurus but we've seen that already in two films, and the novels. The Spinosaurus would probably still be roaming around on Sorna, but I want something we haven't seen in a Jurassic film/book so far. So, I'm leaning towards Carcharadontosaurus or Giganotosaurus.

And then we'd have the other dino-antagonists roaming the island like the Velociraptors, and Compies. I'd like to have some Dilophosaurus love in there too.
Wouldn't there be some sort of man made structures on the island though? Since I think even in the Lost World where they landed on that "behind the scenes" island there would still be people needed on site and stuff. Honestly I would prefer ruins and abandoned buildings and stuff even if access to weaponry is limited/nonexistent.

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Wouldn't there be some sort of man made structures on the island though? Since I think even in the Lost World where they landed on that "behind the scenes" island there would still be people needed on site and stuff. Honestly I would prefer ruins and abandoned buildings and stuff even if access to weaponry is limited/nonexistent.
Yeah, there would still be the ruined facilities on the island. Think of how ruined those buildings were in 1997 when the film took place, and this roleplay would take place in 2015 so they'd even be more derelict and run down. Weapons if on site would of course not work after almost twenty years of neglect.

Fun stuff.

[QUOTE="The Doorman]In that case, I'm just going to put my interest here *slides envelope across the table*

[/QUOTE]
Beautiful. I shall get started on all the required threads and we can go from there. Discussion shall be moved to the OOC thread when that's up and running and all that sweet, sweet, sweet, jazz.

It would seem life has found a way!

If this role play is still open, I'd love to join. The movies are among my favorites and I've read the books a few times over, albeit my last reread was quite a bit ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back