• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

June Prose Competition Information

ONLY 20 DAYS LEFT AND I HAVEN'T SUBMITTED THE MOST CANCEROUS WORK IN HERE?

PREPOSTEROUS. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS.

PREPARE, RPNATION, FOR I, SIM J., WILL NOT NOT UNSUBMIT NO WORKS! TO THE SIM-CAVE, HO!

So, I'm sorry if I'm come off stupid.. do we do what we would like first, and then the emotions for a tie breaker?

Also could it be a prose we've already done and posted? Like if it's in Chapters then just give maybe the first?

JadeWuvsCookies said:
So, I'm sorry if I'm come off stupid.. do we do what we would like first, and then the emotions for a tie breaker?
Also could it be a prose we've already done and posted? Like if it's in Chapters then just give maybe the first?
It is to my understanding that you can post an already created story, as long as it fits the prompt and word limit. As for how you write, it's entirely up to you.

Ayl said:
It is to my understanding that you can post an already created story, as long as it fits the prompt and word limit. As for how you write, it's entirely up to you.
Alright, thank you. I just looked at it again (for about my 5th time in the last week..) and I'm no longer confused. I appreciate your help:3

JadeWuvsCookies said:
Alright, thank you. I just looked at it again (for about my 5th time in the last week..) and I'm no longer confused. I appreciate your help:3
No problem.

simj22 said:
ONLY 20 DAYS LEFT AND I HAVEN'T SUBMITTED THE MOST CANCEROUS WORK IN HERE?
PREPOSTEROUS. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS.

PREPARE, RPNATION, FOR I, SIM J., WILL NOT NOT UNSUBMIT NO WORKS! TO THE SIM-CAVE, HO!
Hmm I'll get the tea and crackers ready then ^_^

It's been very enjoyable reading through all the entries so far; some very creative stuff indeed! Keep it coming folks :D

Dang, you say the competition ends on 30th? I need to work out the story during my trip to vietnam, then.

SkyGinge said:
@simj22 : Use the exotic scenery to inspire you! ;P
It'll bother me more than inspire me. I don't like working outside. Besides, I already have the idea--

Ayl said:
Like he didn't have enough bullshit in him already. xP
I can always count on you to back me up.

simj22 said:
It'll bother me more than inspire me. I don't like working outside. Besides, I already have the idea--
I can always count on you to back me up.
Ayl said:
U kno et, bruh
Bros love their backsides >D

Just a reminder that you have until 11:59 P.M. CST on June 30th to submit your entry! This is a hard deadline. We will not accept anymore entries after that time, even if you submit t 12:00 A.M. CST on July 1st. ):

Good luck to all entrants and thank you for such an overwhelming positive response! I hope you all are looking forward to what we have planned for July!

In the judging, is there any consideration for grammar? Like if I had sentence fragments for affect, there's no points off. Right?

Also, how do you count hyphenated words? As two or one words? Because as it is now (I'm not sure if I'll edit it or not as of this message's posting time) my word count according to Microsoft Word including a two-word title is 999 words.

But I'm pretty sure I have one or three hyphens... like "well-paying" and "off-limits."

If those would send me over the word limit I'm sure I can re-word (Hah! Another!) a few things no problem to get the post count to 1,000.

I just want to be safe ( - v - )

Alright! I just read this thread, and if I understand rignt I could even go a bit over...? Not like 200 words though. There's a sentence or two that I was thinking about trying to make fit...

Definitely not! How could even think of going over the word limit? Of course hyphenated words count as two different words, you are definitely over the word limit and should scrap everything and do it again! The nerve of some people...

Kappa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back