• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

June Prose Competition Information

cremora said:
Can we get an update? How much reading has everyone gotten done?
The original closed thread post said an answer will be delivered by a week and a half max, which would be this Friday. A winner will be announced by that time.

23Yj0iX.gif

I was asking for an update. There was no set deadline for judging. I was just curious on the progress that has been made. Per the closed thread's notice, "We have no definite date of when winner(s) will be announced, but expect in the next week to week and a half maximum." That's maximum, as stated. I was interested in seeing the progress, so myself and others can gauge the ETA.

I'm not sure why I'm sticking around, I know I'm not ganna place

And I'll be glad for the winners, but I don't know anyone that entered so it's not like I'm rooting for anyone xD

*Melts into the ground*

I guess I have nothing better to do.

Dagfinn said:
I'm not sure why I'm sticking around, I know I'm not ganna place
And I'll be glad for the winners, but I don't know anyone that entered so it's not like I'm rooting for anyone xD

*Melts into the ground*

I guess I have nothing better to do.
I'm the same here lol, I'm just hanging on the "more!" Like I was given. Hoping it was enough. Let's root for each other haha ~

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

cremora said:
I was asking for an update. There was no set deadline for judging. I was just curious on the progress that has been made. Per the closed thread's notice, "We have no definite date of when winner(s) will be announced, but expect in the next week to week and a half maximum." That's maximum, as stated. I was interested in seeing the progress, so myself and others can gauge the ETA.
issssss going to be clossssse for ssssssure ^_^ lol ssssorry couldn't help myself there lol

No matter the results remember to

[media]

[/media]

AceAlmansoori said:
I'm the same here lol, I'm just hanging on the "more!" Like I was given. Hoping it was enough. Let's root for each other haha ~
Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
2e0sbx4.jpg

The Judges Have Spoken!

After a long deliberation, the votes have been made, the points have been tallied, and the winners have been announced. Thank you to everyone who participated. While a winner was decided, the points were incredibly close with points being splattered all across the map. Having read every single piece written for this competition twice, I can say that there was not a bad entry. I was blown away by the quality of writing, the passion, and the unique points of view that resulted from this challenge. However, without further ado, I'm proud to say the winner of the June 2015 prose competition is....

@The Wizard!!

With runner-ups @Trignome and @CellarDoor

Congratulations to all the winners and to all of the entrants! Even if your name is not one of the three above, you all seriously need to keep writing. (:

I will be awarding badges shortly.

Thank you for your participation everyone. We look forward to seeing you all again in upcoming contests (including more prose competitions!)

You know what's really weird to think about...

No matter who won, short of the people who commented winning. You all would have probably said the same exact things. It's an odd sort of a feeling...

Uh yeah, and congrats strangers.

Congratulations to the winners! I really enjoyed @CellarDoor's, so I'm glad she was in the Top 3. Was a pleasure being a part of this contest! (^.^)

Congratulations everyone! Honestly, when the time came around to vote, I wanted to give points to about six or seven people in every category. There was a couple of real gems in there, very impressive stuff indeed!

If anybody would
like some critique on their entry, please drop me a PM as I am more than welcome to provide some constructive criticism and perhaps share some insight into why you may/may not have done well. After all, one of the main things of the competition was for people to practice writing and improve! So go ahead, drop me a PM! :D

Congratulations :) You all did such a wonderful job and it was a joy getting to read and judge your work! Thank you for the opportunity and I hope you'll all join more competitions in the future (I know I will!)

First off I want to say thank you so much it was a honor to be a part of some great people here and honestly I didn't expect winning with some of these writings that gave me tears and laughs so kudos to everyone!

I hope no matter what though we take this as a fun time and remember we are here for the love of RP-ing ^_^ so to the staff and fellow members I humbly bow to this wonderful community. - Thank you!

p.s. Now I feel I should conjure some jelly beans lol

Last edited by a moderator:
@SpazztastiCat101 @noobysubstance14 @Brown @IceQueen @Juju @Dandelion Princess @WroughtWell @Hux @nighttimecatplayer @SilentTempest @Kal @Trignome

Hello, folks! Just reminding you all a little more directly that if you want some critique/feedback on your competition entries, just drop me a PM and I can hopefully enlighten you on why you may/may not have done well, and how to improve! I know for many of you, the competition would have served as practice with the goal of improving your writing, and a vital part of development is listening and responding to critique. So don't be shy; I'm a mushroom, I don't bite! Just drop me a PM if you want some feedback!

Cheers~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back