• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Journey through Koku: The Fire Lord (Simple Dice System)

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In a world similar, but not quite the same as ours, myths and legends are fact and not yet fiction. People, however, rarely use it, though it mostly depends on which country you live in. World orders have come and gone, oceans have risen, and empires have fallen over time, until a state of peace has been reached across the globe. All seems to be well, until something bright appears above the Pacifique ocean...

In the east, where our modern day Japan resides, lies the island of Koku. Its not as advanced as many of the other countries surrounding the sea it resides in, but it has its quirks. It mainly exports fish, seafood, fishing equipment, etcetera (though they have started to develop some new technologies by mixing new tradition with old ones). Its very neutral at this point in time.
That is, until a meteor enters the atmosphere, and cracks open in midair, crashing at various points on the island.

Now, an ancient evil who wishes vengeance on its parents (who happen to be very powerful gods of creation) has awoken, and without all of the parts of its soul.

Creatures being manipulated, monsters making deals, and higher-ups agreeing with terms to grant them more power for their own corrupt ideals. The citizens of Koku are at the mercy of these obstacles, but those from outside...

A group of foreigners have recently arrived at the main port town of the island. Maybe their escaping, maybe their traveling, or maybe even their just stopping by to see the glorious Mt. Yama in all its tranquility. Nonetheless, they have been unaffected by the evils that have begun on the island. It is now their responsibility, whether they like it or not, to help the island before the evil prince takes over Koku, and eventually the other pantheons.

Information

Hello everyone! So, as my first Dice RP, I'm planning to do a freeform-ish story in an alternate world filled with fantastical elements and mythology as the main focus. This story will be focused on more of an eastern/japanese inspiration, and many of the figures/gods will be straight from Japanese myths. But on to the actual features...

So, story wise, I've created the world, NPCs, and storylines already, like DnD. However, you will need no knowledge of how that game works to play this one. The Character Sheets will only include a stat or two, and other than that, It'll be character/story based, with minimal dice-rolling if possible. The story can de-rail, re-rail, and even become a completely different story depending on the players actions.

Leveling wont be a thing, and combat, narratives, and social interactions will be written like a story. I Won't be playing a character myself, but simply the narrator.
If you think this sounds interesting, please tell me!
And if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back