• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

JoJo's Bizarre Roleplay: Shades of Heaven

@Blackadder @SephirothSage

"Not just the pick-up for you. Hope you've got something to read, or don't mind conversation. Because we've still got another hour or so to wait. We've still got a heavy-hitter coming in from Japan, as well. Nice to meet you though, kid. Joel Zimmerman." He gives a tired, if warm smile, and extends a hand.

Tyler took Joel's and shook it. "Tyler A. Zeppeli." The bulky and incongrous dress of Stein drew his attention. "What's with the riot gear? I don't think baggage lines are that bad, even in NYC."

The man in the Riot Gear nods as Joel speaks, and waves his hand cheerfully.

"G'day." He says, his voice a deep rumbling baritone of menacing and ominous. He seems to radiate that quite feeling of menace and danger that just can't be specifically summed up, as he looms beside the laidback agent.

Doing this entirely on purpose to gauge the new kids reaction. "The Gear's UV Blocked." He says simply, wondering if that'll be enough for the lad to make assumptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon waves at everyone present, nodding to the scientist. After taking in Maiden's physique and unnatural beauty, Simon's eyes grew wider with understanding.

"I didn't realize that there were so many sympathetic vampires in this organisation. My name is Simon Konomi. Nice to meet you."

@TacoMann @Orikanyo @Thief of Words

@Kalin Scarlet @Orikanyo @Thief of Words

"So. I take it you decided to sign on with my little Stand-Lesson idea after all, huh, Zappa? Well, come along then! The operating is out of use. So I can give a little display of how stands work, I think! Try and maybe help you figure out yours, Simon. And actually unlock Zappa's!"

"P l e a s e j u s t l e a v e." The scientist uncomfortably staring at Rosie says.

Tyler raised an eyebrow... he knew the implication. Well, this wasn't the first vampire to be recruited by Speedwagon to his knowledge - not that Tyler had always been entirely comfortable with that, given the purpose of his training. What's next, some time-lost Pillar Man?

"So," Tyler went on as if Stein had said it was a little windy outside, keeping a professional face forward, "what's your name?"

The menacing aura fades entirely, as a hearty laugh escapes the man and utterly destroys his attempt at an ominous feeling about himself.

"Names Stein. Rammes Stein. Pleasure to meetcha, kid. Welcome to town, you're in for a ride." He inquires calmly, reaching out to shake.

@TacoMann

Now while Rosie wasn't the most scary man in the world, but... This went FAR beyond simply finding out a man's crazy thoughts. Like the guy was... stricken with something... perhaps it would be best if he just... kept some distance between him and the other guy.. or girl... he wasn't fully sure right at this moment.

"Err... Danny I'm just gona take a mosey around up stairs the place before that guy's head blows up, you know how to call me when yea need me. Ms.Zappa, Simon." he nodded to each of them before he headed out of the room, figuring he may as well bow out before something made that guy freak out even more then he was.

"See yea folks, don't blow up the place now."

[Rosie exits the scene to do... something else, maybe find trouble on the ground level or get locked in a closet by accident.]

"Geeze... freaky bunch.. guess I wont be spendin' much time down there... Now.. what to do?" he asked himself as he stood in the grand foyer of the speed wagon corporation. "...Dinner? Theres time, and I haven't eattin' anything yet... See if anybody around here knows where to grab some good food.."

@Orikanyo

You see a small group of people happily babbling as they leave a food tent labelled "TRENDY'S - Authentic Italian Delight". This early in the day, looks like Time Square isn't as busy as usual. Doesn't look like there's a lineup outside the tent.

"..trendy's...? Guess i could give it a try, not like I got much to lose really... My appetite besides." he shrugged as he placed his hands into his pockets and strolled into the restaurant... Wasn't this a sight, a cowboy walking into a italian restaurant... named trendy's...

...maybe he should invest in some normal clothes?

Entering the place he gave a good once over before he continued.

@Orikanyo

As you walk inside, you see there are only two tables. both empty. A counter with a till on it, and a flap leading back to the kitchen. A tall, blond man with an Italian accent steps out with a smile. "Buongiorno! Buongiorno! Welcome to Trendy's! My name is Tonio Trendy! Please. Take a seat. Will you be having anything to drink?"

...Tiny place...

"A just a coke or pepsi." he told the man before he sat at one of the chairs nearby, giving the place another once over... two tables... Kinda small really. What restaurant has only two tables? bah... whatever... it was just lunch anyways.

Sitting in his chair he took a look for a menu of sorts, just something simple, spagehtti would be nice actually... maybe he should've looked around for some Chinese food? Maybe Japanese? Did they have a Japanese food place near here? ...italian, think italian... What do you like besides spagehtti thats Italian...

Pizza?

Damn it he was a gunslinger not a food critic!!

@Orikanyo

"My apologies, signore. We do not have brand-named sodas here. We make our own, fresh. One moment. We also, I'm afraid. Lack menus..." He gives you a look down, and leans in, with a rather ominous stare. "...Your odd walk suggests a lingering, minor injury to your foot. Your eyes are dry. Irritated. You're tired. You've got afew bruises, and knicks, as well. A scar across your shoulder, judging by how you slouch. One moment." He turns, with a small, friendly smile, and heads back into the kitchen. Eventually coming out with a nice tall champagne flute. Filled with a bubbling brown soda. A lime slice on the lip of the glass, ripe and full of juice, and a pink bendy-straw in the cola. No ice, seems it was poured cold. "Dark Cola. Water from which soaking, fresh ground cocoa beans, acai berries, and the pulp of four citrus-heavy fruits where sieved. The water, then carbonated. Please, do squeeze the lime into it before you drink."

Rosie didn't say much... at all.. aside from look at the man with a agap mouth and a wide eyed stare... "...I...uh..." he looked to the drink and slowly reached towards the glass... then instead went for the lime to give it a good squeeze into the glass... This man assessed him from the short time hes been in here...

...he had to have a stand or something... or maybe he pulled up a record on him? Then how would he know about the bruises? No... he explained each thing he noticed... This guy was a freak, but a legit one.

This man... Trendy... He had to be careful about this one.

Taking the drink forwards he took a sip of the drink.

...it was good....

"...Gotta say, you got me pinged Tonio. So, the deal with the menus, mind giving me a run down how were doing this then?"

@Orikanyo

He gives a glance back at you. A small, creepy grin. "The food here, is inspired by, and tailored to the tastes of, the customer."

He walks off, before any of those tastes can be listed, the flap to the kitchen closing shut. The cola tastes good though. Almost good enough to send alittle tingle down your spine. You find yourself oddly compelled to take another sip. Another. Another. Each time that chill goes down your spine.

[OOC: Will Save if you don't trust it. No checks needed if you do. ;) ]

"...The folks who came outa here aren't dead... so..." Rosie thought to himself for a moment.... The drink was good... but he must be careful... Something was messing with him though, that he could sense. perhaps it wasn't... malevolent? perhaps just some folks who take their business WAY to seriously.

...or maybe they were trying to jack up his body... tied to that little blue bird... Did she seem the type to try this shit? Nah, he'd imagine she'd be with him here if it was that woman, teasing fool she seemed to be.

For now, he will play along... This food better be worth the paranoia.

The drink is, almost narcotic-ly delicious. The fruit flavoring, genuinely natural, not the unprocessed chemical labelled on a can as "Natural Flavoring" Popping in his mouth with every carbonated bubble. The lime spurring the fruity flavor to light as it passes his lips. By god this is the most delightful cola ever tasted. An itch crosses his back from the tingles down his spine. An itch his scratches, ignorant of the dead skin shedding across the ground as he scratches beneath his shirt and coat. As he finally finishes the last drop of fluid. He finds himself feeling rather refreshed. And something rather hard in his palm. No apparent injuries should he inspect his lower back. Actually, it looks perfectly fine.

"...Damn... could almost go for another." he looked at the empty glass with abit of a bemused smirk. Guess he could trust it after all, hell he felt like he could take on the world! No old wounds, no aching foot, hell even his head felt abit better. Nothing had done this before, perhaps he was wrong to think ill of this place?

It was then he noticed the strange feeling in his palm, confused he opened it to take a look at what was inside. "i don't remember picking anything up..."

@Orikanyo

A spinal column. His back feels completely fine- Honestly it feels more comfortable to sit upright than usual. But there is a blood-soaked spinal column in his hand, and the floor behind him- as well as his fingers, are covered in dead skin.

For the second time today, Rosie had a wide eyed stare. Looking down at the piles of dead skin and the bloody... spine part he stood up immediately and started to pat his body over like a man who had just lost his keys. "The hell?!?" he exclaimed as his hand reached his back, feeling it up and down for anything wrong!!

But nothing, either the pain was masked exceedingly well, or he was actually... better then he was before. But this... this... How did it...? Why? "...Bugger me, what in hell just happened...?" he asked himself as his hand went to his pistol.

Did they knock him out? He didn't feel any stitches or anything. Hell if felt like he even had new skin! Really smooth skin actually, like he actually took some care of it. Hell he even felt like he could... stand up straight for once. No old wounds no lingering sense of regret from not taking care of himself...

Whatever happened, just put his body at it's prime, the best it's been in years... If that was just the drink... what does the food do?

Rosie pondered this for a moment... Maybe he should... ride this one out. Not everything needs to be explained, always figured he should have abit of faith... Maybe he'll come away even better after this.

Sitting down in his chair once more he put his hands on the table, but was always still ready to duck and cover should hell break loose...

And for now, into the pocket the bone goes.

@Orikanyo

The chef eventually sidles out, a rather green plate in hand. He smiles softly. "I see you enjoyed the soda." He sets the plate on the table, quickly procuring a dustpan to sweep up the dead-skin off the table and floor. "There is a sink in the corner should you need to wash your hands. But for now, the appetizer. A dish of freshly shredded red lettuce, mixed in with red havarti, mixed over a mound of intact, freshly parted romaine leaves. Grilled chicken-breast, de-boned, and diced, intermingled with the leaves. Basil, oregano, rosemary, and a maple vinegrette soaked into the chicken, and spread across the salad. Enjoy." He says politely. Gesturing to your fork.

...Damn it why'd it have to look so good. If they planned to kill him they'd be the best damn assassin's in the business. Because people would just be...

Dieing to eat here.

*badum tish*

Take a moment to wash his hands he returned to his seat to continue his meal. Glad to see even admist this fucking pile of probably magical healing stuff... He still had one hell of a pun game.

"It was abit... well that's a lie, a good deal of a surprise when I saw the... thing in my hand... I take it this happens often?" he asked as he began his meal, preparing for the worst, yet hoping for the best.

@Orikanyo

Again, it tastes absolutely delicious. The feeling inside his mouth like a rhythm, as the flavors swirl. A tasty rhythm that spreads to his feet, making him want to slide his shoes off and tap along to it. A rhythm that pats into his soul and his soles as the cheese and the maple meld in harmony, like a pair of dancers performing the world's sauciest tango right in his mouth.

God damn it if it's poisonous let it be so!

[to save your mind, Assume he shall continue to eat]

@Orikanyo

The meals come and find themselves eaten rapidly, each awakening odd urges inside him, to dance, to sing, to dig at his shoulder.

The dancing brings a badly scarred plug of an old bullet wound from his childhood popping out of his boot bloodily. The gap filling in quickly. The singing causing afew chipped teeth to shoot out into the far wall, new ones growing in their place. The digging tearing his shoulder scar free. And finally, with his desert. A sweet, crisp, caramel-dipped, cinnamon roasted apple, bruises fold off like old stickers, leaving fresh, fine, smooth skin in their wake. All in all, he feels much less rugged. And the best he's felt in months. Fully awake, too. A rather modest bill of only 26.99$. Pricy, but nothing next to most nice restaurants around the area for a full 4 courses. "Ciao Ciao!" Tonio says, with a warm smile, as he sends you on your way. "I'll only be in New York for another week or so. Come back any time you like!"

[OOC: Permanent +1 Toughness]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back