• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

JoJo's Bizarre Roleplay: Shades of Heaven

TacoMann

Just a sweet transvestite

• This is (Not) His World.

For He has been taken, and left. He is dead. As are many. Relics, of this now lost time you wander in.

[media]
    [/media]
    vlcsnap-2011-10-23-21h02m51s235.png

The city of New York is in wild swing. A familiar sight to many of our world. But not as familiar as it should be. Shops, streets, lesser landmarks, all kinds of things shifted away from mirroring our world. A conglomerate born from this city, Joestar Enterprises, leads the world in business. Creatures and people baring unearthly power stalk these streets, hidden from mortal eyes.

Amidst these streets, a dark court laughs. Beneath these streets. Plots are made. And in a small tent on the outskirts of Brooklyn, a man sits in a tent, laughing.

Three people. Three extraordinary beings, crossing south Brooklyn on their own journeys, hear the same soft laughter, as though the grinning man where breathing right in their ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
A giant of a man walks through the streets of Brooklyn- a pensive and slight smile on his face. He towers over the majority of those nearby- standing head and shoulders above most men. A huge leather trench coat conceals the true extent of his bulk, the beautifully corded muscles like a work of art hidden behind a shirt that can barely contain them. In his hand, one of the newfangled devices of this era- unfamiliar to the giant's mind and eyes as he fiddles with the too-small device with rough, large hands; applying the full extreme of his manual dexterity to manage to work the device without crushing it- linked to that, a pair of tiny little headphones stick out of his ears.

A curious gleam in those beautiful red eyes, whose light is yet dull in the night. His attention as he walks through the night is entirely on the fascinating little device before him- something he'd never have thought possible, either in the era of his birth nor the years leading to this- and yet, here it is in his hands- playing music into his ears! The man let's out a soft, gentle chuckle- idly bemused by one of the little things of mankind that will never cease to amaze the hulking giant- even as music at once strange to his ears and enrapturing to his senses plays through tiny cables into his mind.

Those nearby are treated to the sight of a man whose visage may very well be described as that of an angel with gigantism bobbing his head along to the tunes of a snazzy beat- as he turns on a heel to slide away into an alleyway to lean against a wall and think after a while.

It's been a long while, he idly muses as he pulls the earbuds from his sides, and tucks away the too-small device into one of the pockets of his huge leather coat. He sighs as the music fades away from his ears, and the smile from his lips. The pale, beatific face creases as he hears a disconcerting sound- whirling to face whatever is behind him as his eyes widen. The sound of laughter- with no one actually behind him, it seems. He blurs in the motion- thankfully out of sight in the alleyway as his huge bulk twists with inhuman alacrity.

Tension floods his body as his pupils dilate and his eyes flicker around the bleak alleyway. A deep, rolling voice escapes his lips, and he sighs.

"...Damnation. Just nerves.. Right..?" The old knight murmurs- creasing his brow. He closes his eyes and leans back against the opposite wall.. slumping down and sighing again, rubbing his face. "...No, it's never just nerves. And I was having a good night, for once.." He grumbles idly.

[media]

[/media]

Another man graces Brooklyn with his presence, sitting atop of a bench just along the sidewalk he stretched every bone in his body and let out a grumpy groan, not one of pain, but of dissatisfaction.... Sure he was out of work these days, but atleast he had his health! Not to mention a sizable bag of sugar cookies, the last job he pulled was abit of a confusing one, the boss man put the wrong address on the info page so he ended up at some old lady's house, and after abit of chatting he ended up doing the lady's garden work for 10 bucks and as many cookies as he could carry...

So there he sat on the bench, eating cookies from a rather comically large bag with nothing to do but sit and listen to the world as it went by... "...I hate dry months..." Rosie grumbled with half a cookie sticking out of his mouth, his gaze turned to the shop window behind him, his reflection a eye patched man with trim and cut features. "Like a rough cut diamond" his momma always called him, true he had good looks, enough muscle to back up the part, and enough arms and power stored within him to blow apart a man from a near mile off... But it doesn't mean hes any happier for it.

Especially these days, people are so quick to try and tack over the world they hardly ever try to cover themselves up efficiently, looting and causing trouble only invites people in to kick your sorry ass, and the more your destroy the more your long term profits sink. Not to mention it brings heavier handed folk to your door, and more often then not their taking no prisoners.

he removed his hat and rummaged his fingers through his hair to loosen up a few annoying knots stuck in it, the note he made for himself to get milk still safely stuck within the hat in case he should forget, which of course, he did.

"No time like the present I guess... probably should head home after this, do abit of job searching, maybe eat something other then cookies for awhile... eh? What? L-laughing?

"Oi, whos there? You laughin' at me you pu-" he shot up to his feet and looked all around himself like a cat shocked from it's sun bathing by a loud noise. "...What the hell?' he asked himself, one hand at his gun to be certain he was ready... Just who... Was he going insane? Ah crap it wasn't one of the "evil geniuses" at it again? Bloody hell the last time somebody tried some mind controll bullshit he put so many holes in the bastard he could be chopped into piece and sold as swiss cheese... The voice had to be somewhere, best he start looking. Hoisting his bag on his shoulder he set forth searching the area.

[media]

[/media]
The Brooklyn streets are host to more than most would know, for all the remoteness of the hour. Unseen, unseeable, a figure glided and slithered forth, just one shadow amongst many. Fluid and darting, the shape of a woman slipped around, skirting the paltry pools of brightness cast by fitful streetlights. It was still strange to her, this way of movement, but it was all she knew to do to be safe. To her knowledge, the presence of such a mass of humanity as this place held all but guaranteed those she strove to hide from, then hunt were most certainly not here. Where her foes went, humanity departed, be it as food or through the hellish transformation wrought by Kars' damned masks. She had yet to find those seeking to bite or consume their fellows, so it seemed a safe bet they were either absent or scarce.

Still. She had found places safe from the sun here, yet nothing that gave her any real understanding of where she was. She had picked up a modest (by the standards of her race) foundation in the chief local tongue, yet the humans here spoke of things at once bizarre and inconsequential. She assumed it came from a safety-born complacency. None here needed to fight to exist. That made them weak and frivolous. It also made them all but useless to her. Such folk would not remain, were there even the slightest sign of her quarry, be it mask or madman.

She was deep in such frustrated rumination when a voice, impossibly, began a mocking laughter which seemed to be right behind her...despite there being no such thing as 'behind her'. Immediately, she sent a shadowy arm lashing forward some 100 feet, only to have the hand at the end of it reach up from the ground to take hold of a nearby stanchion before the arm retracted towards the hand, dragging the rest of her shadow-form to the new location. Still shrouded by shadow, she allowed herself to pool up into a crouch behind the thing, peering about for the source of the sound with eyes the color of glacial ice.

@SephirothSage

A chuckle, far removed from the prior deep chuckle, and more a high, wiry cackle. Another. Another. A cold breeze from the night runs down the alleyway as the sound of a woman crying out: "Help me! Help me!" Echoes forth. The cackles continue to echo from the darkened end of the alley as it curves to obscurity. A gaggle of rats skitter out of the gutter, fleeing into the wide street behind you.

@Orikanyo

A different chuckle graces your ears, as a cab blurs by your field of vision. A humanoid figure in a coat stands across the street from you as the cab passes, before they turn, and sprint into an alleyway. A rather portly man is striding down the road, on direct course to pass by the alleyway. You note the figure who dived into the alleyway stop, and look at you, then the overweight man.

@Thief of Words

A woman, thirteen meters behind where you stood, is dragged suddenly into a side-alley by a lifeless humanoid. The weight matches a man, but there is no heartbeat, no temperature. He's as cold as the night air as he drags the kicking, screaming. While the lifeless one is chuckling, the laugh is not the one that graced your ears.

@TacoMann

Shooting a glare across the way Rosie sighed heavily.... Great... another weirdo in town. "Well, seems like he wants my attention, best give it to him, if he thinks I'm an easy mark hes got another thing comin', No umbrella can stop the November rain." he chuckled as he looked both ways down the street, safety first kids, then started to head towards the man who was sitting across the way... and also the fat man actually, what sort of significance did he have? bets keep an eye on him as well.

I attempt to get a better look at the two as I make my way towards the other side of the road, cautiously of course, kids may be watching.

[dice]15294[/dice]

@Orikanyo

The fat man, seems to simply amble at his own pace, an aggressive, frustrated expression, focusing dead-ahead down the sidewalk, he glares at you briefly, before ambling on.

The man in the alley however, shoots a grin at you, as his eyes seem to flicker red for just a moment, as he turns down the alleyway once more, and strides out of sight down the lightless corridor. You catch a glimpse of the man's balding head as he turns. An odd pattern of sorts across it. Cuts perhaps? Scars? A tattoo?

@TacoMann

"...the hells his problem... Probably busy." he thinks to himself his eyes lose sight of the man... "Eyes went red for a sec there... Bald with some weird pattern thing, cult? gang? wannabe vampire goth kid? Regardless, if I go down there I may as well be ready for anything." he shifted out of his pockets his night vision goggles and flicked them on with hand on his pistol just to be certain, for actual use and intimidation tactics, sometimes all somebody needs is to see the bastards to shut up and run. However... something tells me... this guys gona need more then one bullet.

The guy knows Rosie be following him no doubt, but to be certain he will try his best to keep pace but out of sight.

[dice]15296[/dice]

[dice]15297[/dice]

@Orikanyo

The man stands at the far end of the alleyway, grinning broadly at the entrance. His eyes most definitely red, as he stares down at you. He gestures for you to approach. "Nice evenin' ain'e'?" The man says, a loose, unhinged tone, as he gestures for you to approach again.

@TacoMann

"A lovely one, must say, helped me an old lady not to long ago, feel like a real champ." he countered as he stood his ground, not about to fall into any trap... in truth he may as well already have. Hopefully The angry man stays away from the exit... "I'm fine right where I am for the moment, excuse my paranoia but it takes alot of stupidity or balls to come to a red eyed man. So whats your deal eh? You the one chuckling in my ear?"

The huge man sighs and shakes his head as he pulls himself up from leaning on the wall.

"It's always something... a thousand years, and the world has yet to truly change, in some ways.. Still filthy and full of injustice and cowards.." He grumpily rants as he takes off after the voice. His hands curl into fists, and he sighs. At least he'll get a meal out of this, regardless, he muses- whether it's some rogue attacking an innocent woman, or a trap. He grins- his ears perking up as he runs along the alleyway at a steady lope, readying himself with a hungry anticipation.

His eyes and ears alive, keenly searching the area.

((Awareness check))

[dice]15298[/dice]

@Orikanyo

"Eh? Well, if your ears where in this Alley ten minutes ago, maybe. Then again, it might've been John and Taylor. They're always a little too loud for the con. AIN'T THAT RIGHT BOYS!"

You hear a shriek from above you. The being would have a complete element of surprise had it not shouted as it leaped down at you. The same eyes as his compatriot. His mouth open wide, revealing a collection of jagged teeth much too large for the human jowls, and a pair of heavy claws raised.

(Dodge or Toughness check)

====

@Sephiroth

As a side-alley comes into view, you see three of your kin, clearly other vampires, hiding in the darkness. One mimicking a woman's cry. The way they sit in the alley, perched upon your approach, clearly ready for an ambush. Where you not yourself a vampire, you'd likely be unable to see them.

@TacoMann

"Ah shite!" Rosie shouted as he attempted to roll out of the way. "Bloody f*** I've lost my touch if a ugly bastard like you snuck up on me. Don't know what I noticed first, the stench or your ugly mug, I'll do you a favor and rid it for yea."

Drawing the two weapons as a free he then moves back towards the street and fires upon the assailant.

[dice]15300[/dice]

[dice]15301[/dice]

He sighs as he walks into the Alleyway- head tilted to the side as he slows to a more graceful loping walk. He stares at the trio of vampires, a bemused smirk on his lips as he speaks aloud- addressing them openly as he calmly walks into their trap- eyes agleam with a bloody light as he bares his fangs in a feral grin- the anticipation of battle filling his veins.

"Greetings, little ones. I didn't know the lessers of my kind gathered into groups to launch ambush on their still-weaker than them prey. Are you so cowardly you cannot even handle mortals alone? How disgusting and pathetic...." He says- a sneer of disdain on his lips as he racks his mind to try and remember if he can drink the blood of other vampires or not.

@Orikanyo

As you back into the street, "John" lands in the middle of the street, the fanged bastard lands where you stood with a heavy CRUNCH, breaking up a hurl of dust, that is rapidly filled with a cloud of blood as he stands up. Most of his face and abdomen torn off, along with one-arm sheared from his torso, he stands, glaring down at you as the first man, along with a second one, sprint out of the darkness of the alleyway at you, as John stands in place, his body slowly rebuilding itself, as the two intact beings lunge.

(2 More attacks against you, DC 20 and 15)

The sounds of bullets flying and guns firing echoes through the streets.

=====

@SephirothSage

The three stand, slowly lurching towards you. "PATHETIC?!", the mimic brays, in a disarming falsetto.

"Easy now brothahhr.... eeasssyy. Thiss one could prove usseeefuulll." The smallest of the three hisses. "Weee do not hunt for food. That is sssimply a bonusss of our tasssk."

"I don't like the smell of this guy, Twist." The final one, the largest one, says. "He's got a lot more meat on him than we do."

"I SAY WE FLAY HIM DOWN, AND BRING HIS HEAD BACK FOR THE DOCTOR TO PLAY WITH!!!!"
The mimic cries again.

"Now now nowww. He hasss not ssshhhhown ussssssstrength yet, but leh-t usss not be hasssstyy. Price, isss right on thiisss one."

(DC 30 Perception Check - Listening)

=====

@Thief of Words

A sound of repeated, rapid gunfire echoes through the streets and alleyways from about 2 streets over, as a vehicle skids to a halt in the middle of the road nearest to you. A White van, that rapidly swings itself around, driving outside the standard patterns these vehicles are operated in. Spinning carelessly backwards through the streets to turn, wheels screeching loudly as it heads for the gunfire. The words "SPEED WAGON" printed on the sides of the vehicle.

@TacoMann

A string of curses coming from the man's mouth as about as audible as his shots. "I'll gun yea inbred f**ks down and piss on your sh*tty regenerating corpses so I can-"

This continues as he uses a move action to summon November rain... they wanted to play... It was time to play...

Then using his standard action, he makes his stand fire upon them, 3 at intact number 1, 3 at intact number 2 and the final two fireing at the regenerating bastard. (multi arms (6) +the natural arms make eight correct?)

[dice]15302[/dice]

[dice]15303[/dice]

The old, old thing before them just sighs, shaking his head in distaste. He heaves a deep, gravely sigh as his ears perk up, and he clasps his hands together- spreading his legs slightly as he smirks at them.

"And just what doctor is this..? For what reason beyond feeding do you hunt..? Speak quickly- the right words might save your lives, children.... and the wrong ones might cost you them." He says simply- as he flexes and grunts- his visible skin rippling with a silvery gleam, as his flesh shifts to metal and becomes as steel- his body seeming to shine in the dim lightning like beautiful, shining silver; deceptive, as his body has attained an inhuman durability and density.

"I shall spare your lives, if you speak quickly, little ones." He states calmly- his voice deep and rolling, with a beautiful tone and timber- his eyes flickering between each of the three vampires almost dismissively. He radiates it- self assured authority and lethality. He is a predator- an alpha predator, far above this rabble- of that he feels absolutely sure, his confidence unshakeable as he lies out his ass.

They will die no matter what they answer- but he wants to know for whom they work. If needs be.. yes.

Activating the Metal Mode: Defense to gain his protection rating with a flex and a fabulous pose as he advances on them, then two rolls.

1) Deception to make them think he intends to spare them

2) Unskilled use of Intimidate using just his presence.

[dice]15304[/dice]

[dice]15305[/dice]

@Orikanyo

The third to lunge cleaves through your shoulder (2 DAM), leaving a gaping wound that drips a large quantity of blood, throwing off your aim at him whilst your other two barrages land center-burst on their targets, keeping the now-skinless John in place whilst the first man is stopped dead in his flight.

"So thiiirrsstty..." The raw, bleeding man utters, as a hole in his lung fills itself.

You hear a screeching coming from around the corner as a van swerves into the road, headlights shining straight on your scuffle as the van speeds towards the fight, at good risk of hitting you whilst it approaches, the breaks loudly being hit on as you come into the driver's view.

====

@SephirothSage

"I AM NOT INTIMIDATED!" The quaking mimic shrieks, before ambling behind his largest colleague.

"Doctor Fransezca Sawbones. We hunt for the doctor's experiments."

"Indeeeeed. Sssshe grantssss thossse we bring in, the same giftsssshheee offered oursssselvesss. An ex-ssseptional being however, like you, would bear quite the examination. Ssssheee could grant you powersss beyond your wildessst dreamsss, you know. If sssshe could make sssomeone as ssstrong as herself into what ssshe is. SSsshe could do great thingssss to you! You ssshhhhould stop by the office later. There'll be no trouble with ussss, tonight..."

They take stride, moving to walk past you, the wiry, serpentine one first to reach your profile. You note, that those of the three with the right parts of their heads exposed, bear the same scars of a stone mask as you did for the brief moments before your first large "feeding".

The hulking Knight chuckles softly, stroking his chin for a moment as they move to walk past him... then letting out a breath of air. His breath is cool as ever in the night air, and he sighs as he closes his eyes.

"I see. So there's a woman whose found one of those masks... and is using them in.. experiments? Fascinating." He murmurs softly- a low rumble escaping him. "A shame, then, that you will not live long enough to truly enjoy your immortality. However, it is clear that you lack any honor- and have barely any dignity. Such repugnant creatures.... rejoice, then- you shall feed a much greater warrior in your passing, and live on forever." He booms in that bewitching voice- his flowing masculine tones resonating with a playful malice- as he intones a few solem words..

[media]

[/media]

"Metal Mode. Zweihander, Rip!" He almost purrs- as he reaches through his fragile shirt, which is already ripping apart on his metal torso as he reaches through that- into his chest, as his body ripples and distorts- a sickening grinding of metal resounds as the hilt forms between his perfect pecs, and the begins to quite literally rip the mammoth blade from his body- formed of the same impossible metal as the rest of his body, as his grin goes wider than a grin should be able to go- that red light in his eyes flashing bright as his bloodthirst roars in the back of his mind, and he draws his blade out. It's a deceptively languid action- and at the same time, inhumanly fast as the blade rips free of his torso into the serpent-like one first; steel flashing in the night as the blade bends as it makes that strike- the sweep through one, then the tip extends and bends to lash out at another; the mimic his secondary target. A cry peels itself from his lips, some instinct pulling it forth as he gives into his more primal side- losing himself in the joy of battle.

"WRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

So, Move Action to pull the sword as I declare the attacks name. Multiattack one for two attacks- one on snake dude, one on mimic dude. Edit: That second attack is a crit due to my Improved Crit skill.

[dice]15306[/dice]

[dice]15307[/dice]

@SephirothSage

The snake-talking man stands beside you, laughing, not noticing before it's too late what has happened.

"You made one hell of a mistake saying tha-"

The mimic almost manages to evade the serpentine blade, before it punctures roughly through his throat, flesh shearing around the blade whilst it coils around, easily skewering the main talker through the heart, blood pulsing down the blade in heavy spurts as the man beside you slumps over, gasping sharply, sounding like a drowning lemur being strangled. The other injured man, gargles down your blade, as blood spews from his mouth, he slides his throat off the blade, letting the flesh fit back together as he yells at you.

"HE STGRGBLBED ME, TENNANHGT! HE STAGD ME!"

"You FIEND!" The last one shouts, as he pulls a blade of his own from his abdomen. It gleams with visible sharpness. A hint of blue light to the tip of the blade each time he swishes the translucent knife. "Doctor doesn't like me hurting the prey, but you, I'll have to take in FUN-SIZED!" He roars as he lunges with the knife.

The Huge wall of a man's eyes are wild and fierce as he lunges aside- his blade snapping out of the mans heart as it takes his blood with it; trickling along vein-like grooves in the steel that form to it's wielders will, siphoning the blood into his body bit by bit, drop by drop as he makes another sweep; moving to parry the mans knife with his blade, before twisting it away into a double sweep to finish the snake man- a gleam in it's wielders eyes as he laughs softly- addressing the knife wielder as his blade twists into the serpent twice more, dancing in the darkness as he makes his elegant, graceful movements.

"Shhhh. I do you more of a mercy than you know."

Dodging the mans first hit, then swinging twice at the snake-dude.

[dice]15308[/dice]

[dice]15309[/dice]

[dice]15310[/dice]

@SephirothSage

The snake-tongued man falls, a withered, lifeless husk, as the hulking man with the shimmering knife dives around the serpentine sword. It sinks into his chest, burying in his own heart, as his blade reveals its composition: Glass. Quite sharp glass, sharp enough to leave a notable cut on your shining flesh (2 Damage, regenerated by end of round.) He smirks, only for a moment, before coughing blood as he feels the blade puncture his spine. He falls dead on the blade as the wailing mimic turns to scamper up the wall, met by the tip of the blade piercing his own spine.

=====

@Thief of Words

Between the woman being dragged into an alley, the gunfire in the distance being chased by a wild van, and now the cries of a dying monstrosity, it is indeed a loud night.

Rammes whips his blade back, sighing as the wound upon his hide heals over rapidly, and he stares at the man before him as his blade leaves the Mimic and the Serpent- at the man whose blade managed to, if briefly, draw his blood.

"I see. Very good, very good indeed- but not good enough, as you can see. You are the last of your comrades standing, you know- wait... Already?" he frowns, as he realizes they are all three dead by now, and flicks his blade to the side, surveying the scene about him with a frown, before facepalming with a sigh.

"I should have captured one of them to question further... Alas, the excitement of the moment.." He muses idly- as their blood is drunk by tendrils of steel acting like veins to pull it towards him, before the sword snaps into it's initial shape, from whence he thrusts it back into himself, relaxing back into flesh. With a sigh and a frown, he pivots on the spot- slinking into the shadows to see who comes to investigate this scene from the nearest vantage point- and there, he waits.

[dice]15311[/dice]

@SephirothSage

As you reach the vantage point, you catch sight of a man backing into the street, guns firing wildly as three vampires set upon him... and a white van skids towards the four, about 300 meters away.

[media]

[/media]
Ignoring the distant screams and gunfire, Maiden struck an elaborate pose before literally diving into the stanchion's shadow, sending her shadow-limbs out to seize a piece of the scenery by the undead creature, then haul herself over to it and up from the gloaming before the creature's very eyes, a hand, an arm, and then a woman entire simply pooling up from shadow.

"Curse whatever gods or demons you worship, monster, for setting me in your path. I was ancient when your pitiful species was still learning to hunt. In your arrogance, you thought yourself atop the food chain."

With a wicked grin and a contralto laugh of her own, Maiden struck a menacing pose before him. "You should have remembered your species' fear of the dark."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back