• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Shining Apple

TUESDAY, MARCH 19TH
7:15 AM

HIGASHIKATA HOUSEHOLD

It was an early, rainy morning.

It took a while for Jorii to wake up. The girl was tired of the dark, wintry mornings. Senior year had whittled her energy down to a shade of what it used to be. Every morning, she drug herself out of bed, showered, dressed, and tumbled into the living room of their apartment, and this morning was not unlike the others. Dreary-eyed and with messy hair, she stumbled into the living room and listened to the blaring sound of the television set. Her mother had the news on, like always. A man in the suit talked about the weather (it would snow all week), the traffic (which was always atrocious in the city), and what happened over the weekend. Some guy in a baseball team hit his 100th homerun. Some poor soul had been killed in a drive-by. And the local SPCA was having a pet adoption festival a few streets from her school.

"Oh, morning, Jorii," her mother called from the kitchen. She was bright and peppy as always. Her tawny brown hair was done up in a bun and she bore the uniform of the bakery that she worked in. "Ready for school? I made you breakfast."

Jorii muttered a tired reply, nodding her head as she slipped closer to the kitchen. The smell of pancakes filled her nose and woke her up. "Are those blueberry pancakes?"

"Yes, I know how much you like them! I like them too, but..."

"Thanks, Mom. I know I'll need the sugar!" said Jorii as she took a seat at the table. A plate of pancakes had already been laid out for her. She tucked into the food, devouring whatever she could before she would have to leave. "Did you and dad eat?"

Her mother turned to her, tipping her head to the side as she scrubbed a plate clean. "I ate, and I made your dad eat as much as he could before he set out."

A silence came over them. Once again, the news channel blared its horrible sound. She disliked it. Every morning, there had to be a report on what happened overnight. A lot of times, it wasn't pretty. There were accidents, domestic violence cases, and so forth. It only made her worried. Not for herself, but for her father's safety. As a police officer, Jorii knew that he had to deal with many things. When she was a little girl, she would cling to his leg and wail for him not to leave. If only she could do the same now...

"Your father will be fine, dear," her mother turned to her again, her brown eyes watching her closely. It was as if she knew what she was thinking. "He's been doing this for years. I've had my scares here and there, but he can handle himself."

"Sure, mom. He's gettin' old you know? Why, the other day, I could've sworn he had gray in his hair."

"Jojo! If he hears you say that, he'll have a fit!"

Jorii cackled for a second before she ate the last of her pancake.
"Alright, mom. I'm gonna head out."

As she gave the plate to her mother, she got up from the table and gave her a hug. "Have a good day, Jojo. Get home safe, you hear?"

"I will, mom. You take care of yourself, too."

~~~

8:30 AM

LINDEN HIGH SCHOOL

It took roughly an hour of fighting the sleet and slush-covered streets in order to get to school. Jorii was panting by the time she entered the school hallways, and even as she rushed to her locker and pulled her science textbook from its depths. God, it was a mess in there, and she swore that that banana was at least a couple of days old... but now wasn't the time to clean it. After pulling her notebook and folder, she closed her locker and locked it. She slicked a few loose strands of hair back before scampering down the halls. Shit. She was late. Half an hour late. She practically missed the first period! Mr. Hurst was going to spit fire...

"You're late, Jorii." The balding man growled at her as she barged in.

"S-sorry! The A Train was delayed by fifteen minutes, and it stayed stopped on the--"

"Just sit down."

Jorii knew she was in trouble, but there wasn't anything she could do about it now. Flushing slightly, she ducked her head and took a seat next to one of the other girls in the classroom. She knew this girl-- Annie? Cassy? Annabelle? She couldn't remember her name. All she did know was she looked pretty mean. Jorii swore that she never saw her smile. Quietly, she set down her bookbag and rolled off her drenched coat.

"Now that everyone is present," Mr. Hurst said with a pointed glare at Jorii, he turned toward the board and wrote a big word-- "SCIENCE PROJECT". "I can finally discuss the project that I would like for you to do. All of you will be put in pairs and pick a topic from this hat." He picked up a top hat from the corner of his desk. "To make it easier, I'll put you with the person sitting nearest to you, so... Simmon, you go with Layla. Tyler and Estaban. Sandra and Kiara. Jocelyn and Mohammed, Antonio and Tiara... and Aza and Jorii."

Aza! So that was her name...

"The topics in this hat are all science-based. So, there might be one about an extinct species of animal, or there might be another one about the trench-dwelling creatures of the ocean. You can't switch topics, and if I hear that people trade topics, it'll be an automatic F for both groups. You will both have to write a 5-page paper on the topic and present the topic together. You will both have to work together for separate grades. This means no slacking! It's not worth it in the end. The project is worth 25% of your grade, after all," Mr. Hurst explained as he walked around the room. The pairs of students each picked a piece of paper. Jorii heard some sighs of disappointment. When the teacher reached their table and held out the top hat, Jorii looked at Aza and flashed her a smile.

"You should pick from it, Aza! For good luck!" she piped up.

Tuesday, March 19th
6:30 AM

Graham Household

A particular quiet morning.

Aza had been staring at the ceiling since about 6, it wasn't unusual for her to wake up so early in the morning or to be just sitting in her own bed like this. This was sort of a common occurrence for the young female. She pulled herself to sit up right on the bed, glancing over to the clock next to her bedside nightstand. She sat there for a few more moments before pulling at the string on her lamp to light it up. Sitting in complete darkness was something she was often scolded for by her mother. The woman wasn't even home currently but in the back of her mind she could hear her sharp booming voice. Aza got up from the bed, rubbing her eyes with a groan. She headed over to her bathroom to do the basic morning routine, shower, brush her teeth, etc.

Wrapping a tie around her shirt collar, Aza entered the kitchen, flipping the light switch on. It felt slightly eerie for someone to be alone in this apartment complex. So much space yet no one there to be with you. She didn't mind as it was something that she grew use to.

Aza walked over to the fridge, opening it and staring at the content. She blinked seeing how there wasn't lot inside. She cursed under her breath noting how she'd probably have to go out grocery shopping at one point this week.

She took out a cup of yogurt, reaching over to a drawer to get a spoon before slamming the fridge's door. It was too early in the morning for that but she did it anyway, it wasn't like there was anyone to stop her.

Her eyes glanced over to the clock on the wall as she began to start eating, she had so much time left before school but she didn't have much to do for time to go by fast.

She swung around over to the living room, plopping herself down onto to couch and reaching over for the remote. She surfed a few channels before sticking to the news.

Aza personally didn't care what went on in the city unless it directly effected her or the stockmart. Weird, yes, but she isn't the most normal type of person. She was just using the TV as some type of background noise.

Time was still painful even with her lackluster attempt at trying to distract herself from the world. Though it still flowed even if it was painful, she caught herself staring at the ceiling once again as the TV light shined onto her face. After a while she glanced over to the clock again. A small sigh came out of her mouth as she got up from the couch, trying off the TV. She tossed away her trash while also cleaning her spoon. She returned to her room for bag before promptly heading out the door to go partake in that hellhole called school. Although her disdain for highschool died down from when she was a freshmen she still hated it to some extent.

~*~

8:30 AM

Linden Highschool

Aza gotten to school around 7:40 but entered at 8:00, it wasn't a long walk from her apartment complex to the school. Taking the subway probably would have been faster but truthfully anyone who expects the trains to come on time are fools. Delays happen often along with the trains actually breaking down during the ride. Aza would rather take her chances walking on the jam packed streets than standing on the train platform for god knows how long. Aza never stops at her lockers, often favoring just keeping everything in her bag. Sure, it was a lot to handle but Aza didn't trust the people around here. She's seen others break into people's lockers and she really didn't want to be killed by her mother for losing something.

Around the time she had entered the classroom it was fairly empty, a few students were in the class already but no one she knew. Truthfully she didn't know anyone nor did she want to socialize with others. Sure she had the occasional acquaintance or people she was "friendly" with but nothing more. But if someone were to talk to her she would talk back, reluctantly of course.

She simply walked over to where she usually sat, pulling out a book for her bag to entertain herself until class started. Some basic literature that could be found off of any school's catalogs.

Her eyes rolled up as she was snapped out her reading for a moment to see a exchange between the teacher and some student. She was someone in her class, that's it, she didn't know anything else and really didn't want to know unless forced.

Aza's looked over to the girl who sat next to her, she didn't mind as it was probably just for today. She shifted her attention back over to the teacher and the board, noticing him starting to right something. She closed her book, returning it back over to her bag. Her eyebrow slightly twitched when hearing the assignment given. Aza absolutely hated partnership work, yes she'd do it without complaint but she hated it. She like worked in her own pace which was relatively fast as she had a very "get it over with" attitude.

The best thing she could do now is get along with...Jorii, that's who she is.

Once Mr.Hurst reached their table, she stared at the hat in front of them for a second. She looked over to Jorri once hearing her speak, a small hum came from Aza's mouth. There wasn't anything lucky about having her pull something out, it was all random after all."Okay" she simply said in her usual monotone voice, reaching into the hat and randomly pulling out a piece of paper. She read over to quickly before announcing it "Human Behavioural Biology."

Jorii watched as Aza put her hand into the top hat and pulled out a piece of paper. Human Behavioral Biology? That sounded interesting. People were more complex than animals. They'd definitely have enough information to write a five page paper about it. Mr. Hurst nodded in slight approval, having been taking note of who got what topic. "Okay, good. Again, you all have a week to complete this. It should be more than enough time to work on it, especially since I won't be assigning anything else for homework," he explained. Before he could say anything else, the bell rung, and all of the students got up from their chairs as the class was filled with mumbles and talking. "Ah, and remember, the sooner you start, the better!"

The students were already filtering out of the room. Jorii was the first one to get ready to leave, mostly because Mr. Hurst looked busy and she didn't want to get embarrassed again. She darted out of the room, but made sure to wait for Aza at the doorway. When the brown-haired girl came out, Jorii offered another of her smiles.
"Hey, so like, I was thinking! Maybe you can come over to my place tonight and we can toss around some ideas. I can get my mom to fix us something to eat, too."

A part of Aza was certain that this was possibly a easy enough topic, at least for her. She always had some sort of fascination to human behavior though her fascination only centered around one specific thing but, that's not really important now is it. Aza kept in mind the deadline for the project since 25% was a lot of a grade. She couldn't fail and tank her already well enough grade. God, she would never live it down if she failed something so simple. Slight relief came from her mind once the bell rung, Aza picked her bag up from the ground. Aza had a weird habit of lingering in her classes for a minute or two, she didn't like entering her classes first. She'd rather be the 10th person in than the first. Weird isn't it? She had no real rhyme or rhythm.

When she felt as if it were her time to leave she was just gonna go on her usual path but was stopped when hearing a voice. She glanced over to the direction of it, seeing Jorri. Aza remained silent for a few seconds, thinking about the offer. Personally she didn't like baseless socialize but this was for a project, it would be better to have more time to work on it outside of school instead of inside. "Sure I suppose" finally said something after awhile. "After school, meet me in front of here, o~kay?" unintentional she spoke in her odd tone. With being said she had already began walking away.

"Aight, cool!" Jorii replied with a thumbs up. At least her science project partner wanted to to work with her. Most of the time, it was always one person doing the work and the other slacked off. She wasn't entirely guilt-free from that statement, but that was because that really good video game came out during the time, and her project partner didn't mind working by himself. But now, they both had to work hard. If Mr. Hurst found out they weren't doing their share, well, it wouldn't be pretty. Her mother would skin her alive if she ended up failing her science class. And in her senior year, too! She wouldn't ever let that down... "I'll see you around then, Aza. I'll be here, three o' clock sharp!"

Surprisingly, the end of the school day came by rather quick. After Jorii packed her things into her schoolbag, she walked down the hall and approached the rendezvous point. She was grateful to see that Aza was there, too, and she waved to her as she walked up to her. "Hey-o~!" she chirped happily. Honestly, she was kind of excited. She didn't have many people over at her house, mostly because by the time she got home, her mother was too tired to tend to an extra head. If Jorii had to cook for Aza, she would. "My place isn't too far from the school. It's, like, only a train ride away. And then all we gotta do is walk up a block and my apartment complex is right there!" she said. "I bet we can make it there before that big snow storm comes. You got everything you need?"

Last edited:
School was a particular quiet day, much to Aza's enjoyment. Things wrapped up fast enough and her workload in other classes weren't that bad. Sure, there was the minimal worksheet or small reading assignment but nothing as big as the project that was given from first period. She approached the meeting spot, being much more early than she probably needed to be. Aza kept everything on her so she didn't need to stop at her locker. Even if she has one she refuses to uses it unless she absolutely needed to. She had a bunch of off quirks, whether they were good or bad was up to public opinion. Aza dug her bag, retrieving the same book she usual read to make the time flow by fast. She didn't expect Jorii to be coming anytime soon. School did just dismiss after all so it would probably take a few minutes.

Aza perked her head up once hearing footsteps approach her. She closed the book when seeing Jorii coming over to her. "Hello" she just gave out a simple greeting, it would be rude to not say anything at all. Although she didn't like speaking she wasn't just some savage who wouldn't say anything at all. She nodded at Jorii's explanation about the way to her home. Aza wasn't the one to usually go to other people's house so she didn't know how to feel about all that. "Yes, I have everything I need" she put her book back into her bag. She gestured over to the exit, "Lead the way and I'll be sure to follow."

Jorii nodded in approval at Aza's reply before she led the way out of the school. It had begun to get cloudy, and the whole city was covered in a perpetual state of gloom. A lot of the people on the streets shivered and huddled underneath layers of clothing and a coat. It was cold-- no, freezing. The weatherman told them one day that they had to brace for the coldest winter in a decade. Jorii shuddered at the thought. When was it going to be summer? Sure, it was March, but that meant the weather had to be warming up slightly, right? "Hurry, Aza! If we don't, we'll miss the train!" she called out behind her. With that, she darted down the street and entered one of the subway stations. At least it was warmer inside. Within the next few moments, they were on the train to Jorii's home.

"You'll like my mom. She's really nice, and she's a baker, so she makes the best cookies!" Jorii said as she hung onto one of the steel bars above her head. The trains were crowded at this hour, so it was no surprise there wasn't enough room to sit. "I could ask if you could stay over, if ya want. The weather's gonna get really bad tonight. And if you stay over, you'll get to meet my dad, too!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back