• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Joined OOC Chat

I'm not confident enough for my... animal of inspiration? to be a peacock, but man do I adore them. And mhm, that's sounds really, really cool! I will 100% adore whatever peacock character you write. (Or really, any~)

Oh, what are y'alls animals of inspirations? (Spirit animals, really, but we're not appropriating any Indigenous cultures today.)

YES YOU DID DANI! Awhile back instead of Lapis I was going to do a peacock female like thing it didnt work

I like buffalo so maybe a shapeshifter who could turn into that. I also like Inland Taipans, Wolves, Orcas, and animal really but spiders

I get that vibe as well. Hm... my patronus from Harry Potter is a black mamba, so possibly a snake? I'm also a Slytherin and a Horned Serpent, so I really can't escape the snake motive.

I love snakes. I have no clue what mine is but im a Racenclaw/Slytherin

Ive watched all the movies and read 4 of the books I refuse to read them now though because the author is transphobic

I read House of Leaves once!

Send help!

(Warning that book is NOT appropriate for the underaged, or anyone who still clings to sanity.)

Im obsessed with a book called House of Salt and Sorrows and by god are the plot twists amazing- The way the religion of the book plays into it is everything.

I also like a book called the Assassins Game and the plot twists are also amazing in there

DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE QUEENS RISING-

Ah... the Harry Potter conundrum. I'm a huge fan, but ugh, do I have the urge to pummel J.K. Rowling. As someone who's technically trans themselves, it really ruins the experience of re-reading the series because shit, her attitude does reflect into the novels, whether I like it or not. And when that occurs, it becomes harder to separate the creation from the creator. I'm an advocate of doing the previous (we can't just go around cancelling every Baroque composer), but shit, it's hard to enjoy it once you begin realize the horrible attitudes reflected into it.

[Shakes you by the shoulders.] I CAN'T EVEN BLOODY LOOK AT PAINTINGS ANYMORE WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT HOW REFLECTED THE EXOTICISM AND COLONIALIST ATTITUDES APPLIED BY THE BRITISH TO EARLY NORTH AMERICA.

Oh, House of Leaves! A Youtuber once recced it, and it's been on a to-read list ever since. I know the plot, but honestly, I can't wait for it to destroy my mental state. Have any of y'all read Annihilation?

Ah... the Harry Potter conundrum. I'm a huge fan, but ugh, do I have the urge to pummel J.K. Rowling. As someone who's technically trans themselves, it really ruins the experience of re-reading the series because shit, her attitude does reflect into the novels, whether I like it or not. And when that occurs, it becomes harder to separate the creation from the creator. I'm an advocate of doing the previous one (we can't just go around cancelling every Baroque composer), but shit, it's hard to enjoy it once you begin realize the horrible attitudes reflected into it.

[Shakes you by the shoulders.] I CAN'T EVEN BLOODY LOOK AT PAINTINGS ANYMORE WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT HOW REFLECTED THE EXOTICISM AND COLONIALIST ATTITUDES APPLIED BY THE BRITISH TO EARLY NORTH AMERICA.

Oh, House of Leaves! A Youtuber once recced it, and it's been on a to-read list ever since. I know the plot, but honestly, I can't wait for it to destroy my mental state. Have any of y'all read Annihilation?

Night Mind?

Nope, Jacob Geller! A really under-rated video game journalist. He covers it in a fantastic video essay about haunted houses.

Added to my to-read list!

Hmm... have you read a book where at the end of the first novel, a bunch of teenagers steal a tank and ride it out of a high-security prison?

Also, sci-fi fans, bite me, but the Aurora Rising series and Illuminae Files are brilliant. (No, I don't only read YA.)

Not sure. Have you read the Michel vey series? A kid has lightning powers, Tourettes, a love interest and they have to go save his mom and they blow people up.

have you read the Selection Yes yes Ik so basic My friend wrote a script for it because she is obsessed with the books- Thats me and the wings of fire series. I would honestly do a movie script for it

No, I haven't even heard of it, but it sounds interesting!

(... Our tastes seemingly do not interact.) OH, THE SELECTION. I ONLY GOT THROUGH THE FIRST NOVEL BEFORE I WANTED TO PUNCH THROUGH MY WALLS. FOR SOME REASON, I DESPISED THE PROTAGONIST. (But not as much as I despise D*vergent.)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT- YOU HATE THE DIVERGENT SERIES? WE ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HAVING SIMILAR BOOK TASTES

Users who are viewing this thread

Back