• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Jo Jo’s Bizarre Adventure: The Game of 1985 AU OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hey guys! What Stand ideas do you have so far?
Still working on the mechanics, but an idea called "Shoot to Thrill" popped into my head. I'm thinking small army of Stands with guns. The Stands could be set up tactically and/or line up like a firing squad. Just not sure how many my character would have at her disposal and what guns they would have, if they don't all carry the same kind. I want to differentiate it from Mista's Stand, which my first through was to make it similar. Could use some idea bouncing. I feel like the Stand is going to be harder for me to solidify than a character.

As for my character, I'm thinking she's a British punk girl. A leader of a local gang of relatively harmless misfits. They mainly are a nuisance, pick pocketing and stealing. She'd be the real threat of the gang, especially against the more aggressive non-Stand user gangs that try to steal her turf. I'm thinking her character introduction could start out more antagonistic and them she realizes that, for once, someone else sees her Stands too. "You want to hire me to fight some jerk trying to take over the world? Why didn't ya say so in the first place, luv?"

I'm thinking maybe she's a half-Jostar. Secret sibling of the main Jostar of the RP (assuming we're having one) through an affair or one-night fling. Then at some point, maybe one of the bad guys could badly injure or wipe out a part of her gang to make things more personal.

Here's some images I'm trying to pick from. I picture her having black Union Jack stripes tattood on her arm or shoulder, and a star birthmark near her belly button (if the Jostar thing works. I'd rather not be the leader. JoJo strategy is cool, but I don't know how good I'll be at planning those kinds of things.)

Canaan Alphard.jpgPunk GIrl.jpgZombieland Saga Saki.png

The Silent Z The Silent Z

Last edited:
Hey guys! What Stand ideas do you have so far?
Looking at the idea submitted by Shadow, looks like I’m going back to the drawing board. The idea was a gunslinger esque stand that had a side/secondary ability.

Still working on the mechanics, but an idea called "Shoot to Thrill" popped into my head. I'm thinking small army of Stands with guns. The Stands could be set up tactically and/or line up like a firing squad. Just not sure how many my character would have at her disposal and what guns they would have, if they don't all carry the same kind. I want to differentiate it from Mista's Stand, which my first through was to make it similar. Could use some idea bouncing. I feel like the Stand is going to be harder for me to solidify than a character.

As for my character, I'm thinking she's a British punk girl. A leader of a local gang of relatively harmless misfits. They mainly are a nuisance, pick pocketing and stealing. She'd be the real threat of the gang, especially against the more aggressive non-Stand user gangs that try to steal her turf. I'm thinking her character introduction could start out more antagonistic and them she realizes that, for once, someone else sees her Stands too. "You want to hire me to fight some jerk trying to take over the world? Why didn't ya say so in the first place, love?"

I'm thinking maybe she's a half-Jostar. Secret sibling of the main Jostar of the RP (assuming we're having one) through an affair or one-night fling. Then at some point, maybe one of the bad guys could badly injure or wipe out a part of her gang to make things more personal.

Here's some images I'm trying to pick from. I picture her having black Union Jack stripes tattood on her arm or shoulder, and a star birthmark near her belly button (if the Jostar thing works. I'd rather not be the leader. JoJo strategy is cool, but I don't know how good I'll be at planning those kinds of things.)

Looks like a good character and stand Shadow! Though only thing I’d mention is this AU is going to be without the Jostar line.

As for my character, I'm thinking she's a British punk girl. A leader of a local gang of relatively harmless misfits. They mainly are a nuisance, pick pocketing and stealing. She'd be the real threat of the gang, especially against the more aggressive non-Stand user gangs that try to steal her turf. I'm thinking her character introduction could start out more antagonistic and them she realizes that, for once, someone else sees her Stands too. "You want to hire me to fight some jerk trying to take over the world? Why didn't ya say so in the first place, love?"

The top two seem like gang leader types for some reason imo. But the third one which is also a good one seems like the type to say a line like the one you used as a example. Nice pic choices

The only initial thoughts on idea bouncing and your stand, would perhaps use the caliber of the gun to help determine the total she would have at her Disposal. Seems like Mista and the guy from stardust (will screw up the spelling of his name) used variations on colts and magnums (though I’m far from a arms expert) from the glances I got in clips of one and episodes of the other. Could use a combination of small caliber guns and some larger caliber, perhaps?

I think I’ve got a idea for a new stand but got some more work to do before deciding if it’s going to work or not.

I had a lot of ideas but I'll give up my gunslinger one too. It was called "Pumped Up Kicks" and it shoots tracking bullets which move at exactly the target's sprinting speed.

I'm thinking a female character whose Stand is "Girls in Bikinis". Her power is clothing manipulation. I'll list the abilities she has here:
1. Ability to change the size of any clothes within 5 meters.
2. Ability to control/change the shape/color of clothes of any person she touches to anything she wants, within reason.
3. Ability to incorporate something she touches into her clothes.

The drawbacks involve Girls in Bikinis being not that physically impressive.

Just brainstorming while at work.

I’ve settled on the 2nd picture. I think I’m going to save the 3rd one for one of her more important gang members NPCs. 2nd-in-command/girlfriend. Might make 1 or 2 other important gang NPCs to help flesh out her gang. The grunts will just be nameless and cannon fodder if the (or a) baddie decides to attack.

Stand concept for Roxy.

Fun Fact: It's a slightly tweaked Stand that I made for a different JoJo RP years ago.
Stand Name: Love Doctor

Stand Description/Abilities:
A pink mechanical humanoid stand. Has a very feminine form, has a valentine heart motif on her forehead and the back of her hands. Wears a nurse's outfit and carries around needles with teeny tiny valentine heart Stands called Cooties.

This Stand was not built for combat.

Emotional Healing: Love Doctor injects one of her needles into an injured person, injecting the Cooties into the injured person's blood stream. The Cooties stimulate healing and cellular regrowth, making it possible to regrow organs or limbs during the healing cycle. Healing can take minutes to an hour depending on how bad the injury is. Love Doctor uses the feeling of love as an anesthetic and causes the person to fall asleep. While under the affect of Love Doctor, the person being healed thinks of someone who they love a lot and has pleasant dreams about them. It could be a friend, family member, or a significant other. The person being healed might say mushy stuff (within the context of the relationship) in their sleep or when coming to as if they were under the effects of pain medication.

The Cooties vanish when the healing is complete.

Music Theme/Inspiration:

Stand concept for Roxy.

Fun Fact: It's a slightly tweaked Stand that I made for a different JoJo RP years ago.
Stand Name: Love Doctor

Stand Description/Abilities:
A pink mechanical humanoid stand. Has a very feminine form, has a valentine heart motif on her forehead and the back of her hands. Wears a nurse's outfit and carries around needles with teeny tiny valentine heart Stands called Cooties.

This Stand was not built for combat.

Emotional Healing: Love Doctor injects one of her needles into an injured person, injecting the Cooties into the injured person's blood stream. The Cooties stimulate healing and cellular regrowth, making it possible to regrow organs or limbs during the healing cycle. Healing can take minutes to an hour depending on how bad the injury is. Love Doctor uses the feeling of love as an anesthetic and causes the person to fall asleep. While under the affect of Love Doctor, the person being healed thinks of someone who they love a lot and has pleasant dreams about them. It could be a friend, family member, or a significant other. The person being healed might say mushy stuff (within the context of the relationship) in their sleep or when coming to as if they were under the effects of pain medication.

The Cooties vanish when the healing is complete.

Music Theme/Inspiration:

Nice! I like the idea you have there. Also awesome fact haha always nice to have ideas see the light again.

Some delays with Rl stuff coming up and giving a bit extra time wise to Captain. But the IC will be moving forward and barring further delays will be up by sometime tomorrow. Also will boost the interest check to see if another player or two will want to join the rp. For the meantime it seems a trio will be starting out (Plus Roxy) in the early stages.

Some delays with Rl stuff coming up and giving a bit extra time wise to Captain. But the IC will be moving forward and barring further delays will be up by sometime tomorrow. Also will boost the interest check to see if another player or two will want to join the rp. For the meantime it seems a trio will be starting out (Plus Roxy) in the early stages.
Originally I was thinking that Roxy would stay behind for a bit. As the 2nd in command, it made sense to leave her with the Union Jacks. But now I’m wondering if it would be better to have her convince Tori to take her with her. “I’d be worried sick about you, luv.” And go along as more a “guy in the chair” until she gets her Stand.

“(Plus Roxy) in the early stages” sounds more “guy in the chair” to me.

Not sure how you want to handle the villains. (As in, are you controlling them all, or if you were open to coordinating a few with the players) but here’s a Stand idea for an antagonist, if you want to use it. I don’t have any major ideas (personality & backstory) about who’s use it at the moment.

Stand name: Video Killed the Radio Star

Abilities: Mimicking voices and manipulating communication frequencies/radio/TV broadcasts.

The Stand user could carry a walkie-talkie that the Stand can use to hack radio frequencies. The user also could either be a good fighter to compensate for his/her Stand’s non-combative abilities, or the user could be more of a support villain and an obstacle during another villain confrontation.

Last edited:
Originally I was thinking that Roxy would stay behind for a bit. As the 2nd in command, it made sense to leave her with the Union Jacks. But now I’m wondering if it would be better to have her convince Tori to take her with her. “I’d be worried sick about you, luv.” And go along as more a “guy in the chair” until she gets her Stand.

“(Plus Roxy) in the early stages” sounds more “guy in the chair” to me.
I’ll leave the Roxy decision to you. Just leaving her as a mention in case she is also part of the team early on.

Not sure how you want to handle the villains. (As in, are you controlling them all, or if you were open to coordinating a few with the players) but here’s a Stand idea for an antagonist, if you want to use it. I don’t have any major ideas (personality & backstory) about who’s use it at the moment.

Stand name: Video Killed the Radio Star

Abilities: Mimicking voices and manipulating communication frequencies/radio/TV broadcasts.

The Stand user could carry a walkie-talkie that the Stand can use to hack radio frequencies. The user also could either be a good fighter to compensate for his/her Stand’s non-combative abilities, or the user could be more of a support villain and an obstacle during another villain confrontation.
The stand idea is interesting. As for the villains role, I’m open for a group dynamic there and coordinating spots with others.

I’ll leave the Roxy decision to you. Just leaving her as a mention in case she is also part of the team early on.
I’m thinking it makes more sense to leave her behind, since she’s Stand-less and has a high enough role in the Union Jacks to be left in charge. I’m just wondering how much globetrotting is there going to be, because then it’ll be harder to go back to her. Right now the simplest way I see leaving her behind working is maybe while the Stand users are poking around London during the first arc, a baddie attacks the Union Jack’s hangout place. Then the danger can awaken her Stand and she can journey on with the hero group.

I’m thinking it makes more sense to leave her behind, since she’s Stand-less and has a high enough role in the Union Jacks to be left in charge. I’m just wondering how much globetrotting is there going to be, because then it’ll be harder to go back to her. Right now the simplest way I see leaving her behind working is maybe while the Stand users are poking around London during the first arc, a baddie attacks the Union Jack’s hangout place. Then the danger can awaken her Stand and she can journey on with the hero group.
The early stages won’t see a lot of globetrotting. London/UK will be the main areas of wandering about for the stand users.

The early stages won’t see a lot of globetrotting. London/UK will be the main areas of wandering about for the stand users.
In that case, I’m sticking to Roxy being left behind. She can pop up during down time, but won’t really be helping much until she gets her stand. Maybe she’ll try to join in the investigation after the first couple days and get into some trouble that way. We’ll see how things play out.

Maybe she could get it closer to the beginning though. It would be nice to have a character moment idea come to fruition for a change XD

Last edited:
In that case, I’m sticking to Roxy being left behind. She can pop up during down time, but won’t really be helping much until she gets her stand. Maybe she’ll try to join in the investigation after the first couple days and get into some trouble that way. We’ll see how things play out.

Maybe she could get it closer to the beginning though. It would be nice to have a character moment idea come to fruition for a change XD
Ok that’s cool and that’s quite relatable and reasonable haha

The link is also above with the characters link. But here is the Ic thread that is now up and ready for running.

I feel like I’m flip flopping, but after reading the intro post, I feel like it Tori would want to postpone Union Jack meetings to keep the regular people in her “gang” safe and would want Roxy close to her, even though she’s not aware that she has a Stand.

I start making a post once I get home from work. Probably going to make a duplicate Roxy CS with her (currently dormant) Stand when I get home too.

My head cannon is that Tori and Roxy feel in love so fast is because they were both stand users (or had the potential to be one.) Stand users are drawn to one another. If the organization told Z about Stands, maybe he’d be able to sense it on Roxy. (I don’t know what they told him, but right now my characters don’t know what Stands are called and stuff. They just know they do bizarre things and most people don’t see them.)

I feel like I’m flip flopping, but after reading the intro post, I feel like it Tori would want to postpone Union Jack meetings to keep the regular people in her “gang” safe and would want Roxy close to her, even though she’s not aware that she has a Stand.

I start making a post once I get home from work. Probably going to make a duplicate Roxy CS with her (currently dormant) Stand when I get home too.

My head cannon is that Tori and Roxy feel in love so fast is because they were both stand users (or had the potential to be one.) Stand users are drawn to one another. If the organization told Z about Stands, maybe he’d be able to sense it on Roxy. (I don’t know what they told him, but right now my characters don’t know what Stands are names and stuff. They just know they do bizarre things and most people don’t see them.)
How you want to roll with Tori and the union jacks plus the Roxy situation as well, I’ll leave up to you. If Roxy doesn’t yet know about her stand and would seem “normal” so to speak but travels with the crew starting out, I can see it. (I’m still new to the series and haven’t seen this arc yet. But would that be similar to Trish, if so? So if I’m on the same page and getting the right details from one clip from YouTube and reading about her stand on the wikia and her character to a point. That’s the comparison that comes to mind. But again, new, so maybe I’m off)

As for Z sensing other stands? Perhaps. He’s aware of his stand but still learning himself the greater details, perhaps a novice of true stand knowledge at this point?

But sounds cool on the post work and cs idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back