• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 𝐣𝐞 𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞,

les etoiles.

𝑚𝑢𝑟𝑚𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑖

A search dedicated to original ideas of mine.

please see the typical introductory and helpful information on the last excerpt.

the setting is a mixture of alice in wonderland meets victorian era gloom meets something urban melding the two. a town heavily influenced by gothic architecture, foggy nights and little myths that tatter the tongues of the townsfolk in whisper. perhaps gossip and status are a heavily part of said town, with two social statuses⸻the rich and the poor, the pampered and the pitied. ( also willing to change the setting, just ask )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ one. a rich and mysterious person moves into the abandoned manor at the highest point of the town. a heart eater, goes one rumor. on the run, says another. but it doesn’t stop them from aching to be invited to their home. that single invitation stretches to one person: your character. and the question on everyone’s mind is… why?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ two. making a wish on a star to be whisked away from your horrid life seemed silly at the time. but when you’re waking up in an unfamiliar place, akin to a gloomy halloween town, you’re aware that someone had been listening. character a ( a spirit; ghost; otherworldly being ) belongs to this world and has been assigned to you. to keep you safe, to get you ready, to make you beautiful enough to stand before the prince/princess.

now the legend is that every hundred years when a specific meteor shower hits, the veil between the two worlds disappears and the prince uses this time to scout for someone special. the only way to get them into this world is to look for those who wish on a star. and…you…did.

because of the interest the royal has in you, you’re in danger. some may want to steal you, some may want to harm you and some may just want the satisfaction of keeping the prince/princess from having what they want. it seems that upon your entrance, the beings and ghouls and ghosts and otherworldly citizens are talking about one thing and it’s you.

character a has every intention of making sure you get back to your own world, knowing that taking a human away from their life is wrong and they’ll become apart of their dead world if they stay. but it becomes increasingly difficult when the prince/princess actually turns out to take a liking to you, which hasn’t happened in hundreds of years.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ three. character a is the daughter ( the gender can be changed ) of a rich, rich man who never intended on marrying his girls. but when politics and blackmail hit, he had no other choice. a was always sought after because of her beauty, yet they did not know she was very strange and very delicate, in a way people would not understand. she was lucky enough to have character b in her life, a high title himself and her friend who had known and secretly loved her since. they understood her. they shared secrets. they protected her, in ways she still never knew.

the man/woman character a is arranged to marry seems perfect. everyone adores them and could only hope to marry their own child into such a prestigious family. but character b can see something within them and no one can’t. something dark. something deceitful. something dangerous for character a, who is also naive and convinced they’re good.

to get to know one another before marriage, it’s suggested that character a goes to live in their betrotheds estate. an estate that is haunted with secrets, lasting love affairs and midnights that bite. character b, unwilling to let her go alone, attends and will stay throughout the entire time until they’re to be wed.

{ i’m thinking that maybe a realizes their feelings for b and they start to have a little secret affair of their own. then perhaps a’s bethrothed already has a lover and they’ve plotted to have him marry a to get her money and then have her “sadly” pass away in an accident. but maybe the betrothed actually does end up caring for her? all in all i’d like for it to be very soap opera-y and dramatic and angsty.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ four. character a. they’re an old, ancient ( species here ) sealed in a magnificent castle built just for their slumber. and you’ve been unlucky enough to become the one who will stay in this castle for the next year, to watch over character a and the home itself. it’s cold and miserable and quite spooky. it’s natural that you’d have to find something to do, right? one night you enter the room you’re absolutely forbidden to enter, which are character a’s chambers. they’re thousands of years old but look perfectly pristine, just like a sleeping doll.

you grow nearer and nearer, letting your fingers touch an amulet around their neck and they awaken.

what have you done?

this setting is post apocalyptic, whether it be zombies, natural forces, monsters or something else. i'm willing and open to discuss the location and all of those details with my partner, depending on what sort of vibe we're going for.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ one. character a and b have history. they were once lovers and had a horrible breakup. just the person you want to run into when the apocalypse starts. you’re both in the same place when an outbreak happens and leaves the two of you cornered and surrounded by infected.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ two. virgo melete, an original character of mine, paired with a cute girl from the town he’s from ( whom he's soft for ) amidst zombies hitting their small town. alternatively, virgo with someone being held in their precinct whom he ends up letting out amidst the chaos and decides to trust.
virgo is a cop from a smaller town with experience with something similar, an event that left him and his partner traumatized by it. he is pretty cynical and quiet, with a strange sixth sense that seems to never be wrong.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ three. myst satomi, another original character of mine, paired with a moody citizen who grates on her nerves but she’s sent to look after because they’re somehow essential to stopping the outbreak? alternatively, myst working together with another mercenary / special ops / military would be fun, too.
myst is a mercenary wanted by the government. why she left isn't known but she's seen as a traitor and a rogue.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ four. goth fairchild, an original character of mine, paired with just another person trying to survive the apocalyse. i'm open to him being paired with just about anyone so throw your ideas at me. something relatively normal like him surviving together with someone is fine, as if something a bit more angsty and dangerous.
goth is just a normal guy, with a questionable upbringing and has an immunity to whatever virus / monster plagues them. if it's zombies, he won't change if he's bitten. if a virus, he's immune. you get it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ five. kiwi, an original character of mine, paired with someone who finds her first and doesn't want her captured by the government, normal or special citizen like a scientist or military or etc. otherwise kiwi alongside just about anyone would be so, so fun.
kiwi is currently infected and slowly showing strange signs of abilities she shouldn't have. the government wants her for further testing and is looking for her.

a bit unconventional but i have decided to put the introductory things at the bottom. if you take a glance at this next excerpt, you'll probably find what you need.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ one. i myself am a writer who chooses to create male, female and nonbinary characters. i do not mind what you write as but i do have a natural appreciation for those who can play either gender and those who double up. because i usually play males, i am setting most ( not all ) of these ideas to be for doubling only. whether or not our secondary pair comes up right away is up to us but i am currently not willing to only play a male for my partner and would prefer we each double up for mxf pairings but am fine with keeping it as singular characters for f/f or m/m or nb/any. translation: if you require a male for your female, we will double up. if you want to do a f/f or m/m pairing, i do not require doubling.
*** I DO NOT REQUIRE DOUBLING FOR ANY OF THE POST APOC CHARACTERS OR SETTINGS.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ two. i do not expect for you to be able to respond every day. i am alright with 1 - 2 times a week and less so long as you're communicating it with me. i can currently respond as often 3 - 4 times in the week and perhaps more on the weekends. i'd like to keep our posts at a low pressure length of around 3 - 5 paragraphs but doing more is absolutely fine so long as it stems from an authentic place and isn't forced.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ three. i do not want partners that take 1 - 2 weeks to discuss our story. i do enjoy discussing and fleshing things out but after a week with no forward movement, i lose steam. i want to delve deeply into the world and character building and that can still be done after we start our story. i'd also like to say that because i do get excited about writing, i will ask your opinion on faceclaims and ideas and don't intend on that to feel like i'm rushing or pressuring you. i simply like to leave my thoughts somewhere but if you're someone who doesn't appreciate that, please let me know and we can keep things simple and easy.

real and anime fc friendly.

don't reply here.

Last edited:
( bbcode free version )

please see the typical introductory and helpful information on the last excerpt.

◌ the setting is a mixture of alice in wonderland meets victorian era gloom meets something urban melding the two. a town heavily influenced by gothic architecture, foggy nights and little myths that tatter the tongues of the townsfolk in whisper. perhaps gossip and status are a heavily part of said town, with two social statuses⸻the rich and the poor, the pampered and the pitied. ( also willing to change the setting, just ask )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ one. a rich and mysterious person moves into the abandoned manor at the highest point of the town. a heart eater, goes one rumor. on the run, says another. but it doesn’t stop them from aching to be invited to their home. that single invitation stretches to one person: your character. and the question on everyone’s mind is… why?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ two. making a wish on a star to be whisked away from your horrid life seemed silly at the time. but when you’re waking up in an unfamiliar place, akin to a gloomy halloween town, you’re aware that someone had been listening. character a ( a spirit; ghost; otherworldly being ) belongs to this world and has been assigned to you. to keep you safe, to get you ready, to make you beautiful enough to stand before the prince/princess.

now the legend is that every hundred years when a specific meteor shower hits, the veil between the two worlds disappears and the prince uses this time to scout for someone special. the only way to get them into this world is to look for those who wish on a star. and…you…did.

because of the interest the royal has in you, you’re in danger. some may want to steal you, some may want to harm you and some may just want the satisfaction of keeping the prince/princess from having what they want. it seems that upon your entrance, the beings and ghouls and ghosts and otherworldly citizens are talking about one thing and it’s you.

character a has every intention of making sure you get back to your own world, knowing that taking a human away from their life is wrong and they’ll become apart of their dead world if they stay. but it becomes increasingly difficult when the prince/princess actually turns out to take a liking to you, which hasn’t happened in hundreds of years.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ three. character a is the daughter ( the gender can be changed ) of a rich, rich man who never intended on marrying his girls. but when politics and blackmail hit, he had no other choice. a was always sought after because of her beauty, yet they did not know she was very strange and very delicate, in a way people would not understand. she was lucky enough to have character b in her life, a high title himself and her friend who had known and secretly loved her since. they understood her. they shared secrets. they protected her, in ways she still never knew.

the man/woman character a is arranged to marry seems perfect. everyone adores them and could only hope to marry their own child into such a prestigious family. but character b can see something within them and no one can’t. something dark. something deceitful. something dangerous for character a, who is also naive and convinced they’re good.

to get to know one another before marriage, it’s suggested that character a goes to live in their betrotheds estate. an estate that is haunted with secrets, lasting love affairs and midnights that bite. character b, unwilling to let her go alone, attends and will stay throughout the entire time until they’re to be wed.

{ i’m thinking that maybe a realizes their feelings for b and they start to have a little secret affair of their own. then perhaps a’s bethrothed already has a lover and they’ve plotted to have him marry a to get her money and then have her “sadly” pass away in an accident. but maybe the betrothed actually does end up caring for her? all in all i’d like for it to be very soap opera-y and dramatic and angsty.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ four. character a. they’re an old, ancient ( species here ) sealed in a magnificent castle built just for their slumber. and you’ve been unlucky enough to become the one who will stay in this castle for the next year, to watch over character a and the home itself. it’s cold and miserable and quite spooky. it’s natural that you’d have to find something to do, right? one night you enter the room you’re absolutely forbidden to enter, which are character a’s chambers. they’re thousands of years old but look perfectly pristine, just like a sleeping doll.

you grow nearer and nearer, letting your fingers touch an amulet around their neck and they awaken.

what have you done?

◌ this setting is post apocalyptic, whether it be zombies, natural forces, monsters or something else. i'm willing and open to discuss the location and all of those details with my partner, depending on what sort of vibe we're going for.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ one. character a and b have history. they were once lovers and had a horrible breakup. just the person you want to run into when the apocalypse starts. you’re both in the same place when an outbreak happens and leaves the two of you cornered and surrounded by infected.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ two. virgo melete, an original character of mine, paired with a cute girl from the town he’s from ( whom he's soft for ) amidst zombies hitting their small town. alternatively, virgo with someone being held in their precinct whom he ends up letting out amidst the chaos and decides to trust.
┆virgo is a cop from a smaller town with experience with something similar, an event that left him and his partner traumatized by it. he is pretty cynical and quiet, with a strange sixth sense that seems to never be wrong.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ three. myst satomi, another original character of mine, paired with a moody citizen who grates on her nerves but she’s sent to look after because they’re somehow essential to stopping the outbreak? alternatively, myst working together with another mercenary / special ops / military would be fun, too.
┆myst is a mercenary wanted by the government. why she left isn't known but she's seen as a traitor and a rogue.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ four. goth fairchild, an original character of mine, paired with just another person trying to survive the apocalyse. i'm open to him being paired with just about anyone so throw your ideas at me. something relatively normal like him surviving together with someone is fine, as if something a bit more angsty and dangerous.
┆goth is just a normal guy, with a questionable upbringing and has an immunity to whatever virus / monster plagues them. if it's zombies, he won't change if he's bitten. if a virus, he's immune. you get it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ five. kiwi, an original character of mine, paired with someone who finds her first and doesn't want her captured by the government, normal or special citizen like a scientist or military or etc. otherwise kiwi alongside just about anyone would be so, so fun.
┆kiwi is currently infected and slowly showing strange signs of abilities she shouldn't have. the government wants her for further testing and is looking for her.

◌ a bit unconventional but i have decided to put the introductory things at the bottom. if you take a glance at this next excerpt, you'll probably find what you need.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ one. i myself am a writer who chooses to create male, female and nonbinary characters. i do not mind what you write as but i do have a natural appreciation for those who can play either gender and those who double up. because i usually play males, i am setting most ( not all ) of these ideas to be for doubling only. whether or not our secondary pair comes up right away is up to us but i am currently not willing to only play a male for my partner and would prefer we each double up for mxf pairings but am fine with keeping it as singular characters for f/f or m/m or nb/any. translation: if you require a male for your female, we will double up. if you want to do a f/f or m/m pairing, i do not require doubling.
*** I DO NOT REQUIRE DOUBLING FOR ANY OF THE POST APOC CHARACTERS OR SETTINGS.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ two. i do not expect for you to be able to respond every day. i am alright with 1 - 2 times a week and less so long as you're communicating it with me. i can currently respond as often 3 - 4 times in the week and perhaps more on the weekends. i'd like to keep our posts at a low pressure length of around 3 - 5 paragraphs but doing more is absolutely fine so long as it stems from an authentic place and isn't forced.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ three. i do not want partners that take 1 - 2 weeks to discuss our story. i do enjoy discussing and fleshing things out but after a week with no forward movement, i lose steam. i want to delve deeply into the world and character building and that can still be done after we start our story. i'd also like to say that because i do get excited about writing, i will ask your opinion on faceclaims and ideas and don't intend on that to feel like i'm rushing or pressuring you. i simply like to leave my thoughts somewhere but if you're someone who doesn't appreciate that, please let me know and we can keep things simple and easy.

real and anime fc friendly.

don't reply here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back