• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum Jared's battle Arena for fun.

What should be a threat to unite everyone?

• Total voters
( XD That would be interesting.)
Sitri has seen many, many things, from daemons to strange Xenos species, but he has seen little quite like this, a gigantic Xenos creature and titan engaged in battle with a daemon joining the fray, he is standing a fair distance away, but this makes him curious, he begins to make his way forward watching the battle at a safe distance.

Boo! Get into this fight!

Raiah saw her opportunity to corner Scylla. She knew she had to take her out of the fight or at least stun her long enough such that she could deal with the cryomancer. She advanced foreward swinging the cables about in a seemingly random fashion attempting to land a hit. She made full use of her machine's anatomy to create a fury unpredictable strikes, rotating the entire torso, spinning the wrists, alternating the positioning of the upper and lower arms. All the while she navigated the rocket-propelled hammer up and around behind her, this time aiming for the back of the head.

"Gah!" Scylla said as she tried to step back as much she could and dodge some of the swipes. All she could do at the moment was back herself more and more to get away from the electrolized power lines. Unfortunately, she knew she was biological and thus subject to getting zapped. She kept moving back and having to lift up her legs and feet to avoid coming into contact with the cables all the while trying to gain more distance. What she needed she thought, was a way to manuver around the mech. However, she was unwittingly in a confined city and she couldn't really make a move to lob something towards Raiah without extending her hands, leaving them vulnerable to be struck. Were this a more rural enviroment, she could perhaps come up with a way to snuff out the energy of the cables..unless, she found a way to take out the power from the plant. Then she perhaps realized that her plan to knock out the robot may not work. She needed another trap.

Katashi would have the ice around him move for a while, as the robot and Scylla fought. The Ice itself would converge and form movable joints, armor, and a skull head with bull horns. Katashi himself, was inside the Ice Golem, Which stood at 60 meters, as the Golem stomped towards the two, at a speed quite betraying to its appearance.

JadeGreen17 JadeGreen17 Sitri attempts to open a vox channel with the titan (Raiah’s Mech), believing this to be a planet that may have been separate from the imperium sometime before the Horus heresy, and it would be best for him to aid the local human population against this menace, as to gain there trust. (Does the mech have any communication systems?)

Last edited:
(Wait, how can you swing a hammer and a whip at the same time? A hammer is a two hand weapon, and whips are a single hand weapon.)

(Wait, how can you swing a hammer and a whip at the same time? A hammer is a two hand weapon, and whips are a single hand weapon.)

The hammer is flying around on its own. It has thrusters in all directions and can basically maneuver entirely independently of the mecha. But when it does it can't put as much power behind it. Even if I was holding onto it I could still use both since I have four arms.

(Wouldn't you have to control that from remote?)

Yes. Why do you have some plans on jamming the remote controls? I have the tech. This is steampunk but I'm running on nuclear power (so its Atompunk on the inside actually. I also have shoulder mounted full size nuke launchers that I haven't used.) Or are you asking how Raiah is multitasking so much; this is because she's directly connected to that mecha through the nervous system. Three of her limbs are robotic and connect to the nerves much like automail connects in fullmetal alchemist. The Mecha is basically her building off that system to a ridiculous degree. And this is pretty much the limit to the intricacy of attacks, since moving four arms and manipulating a flying hammer is going to take a lot of concentration. So if Sitri wanted to blindside her instead of building an ice golem he could.

(That's also why she had that failsafe to disconnect the outer hull electrically from the internal systems. Since even a relatively mild shock could go straight to her and boom cardiac arrest.)

(Steampunk wouldn't imply having technology as modern day robotics. That's more of cyberpunk. Mostly I asked is because Scylla could potentially dodge and catch the weapon to wield it herself. Then again, it's small so she probably could just toss it. I assume this would be remote controlled to where it's launch trajectory would be that compared to a Thermal Optic Warhead in that you have to guide it to it's target. Also, nuclear powered weapon would be far to OP for this. It's unfair if you can just nuke everyone in the RP when you're losing for instance, I would strongly advise you to refrain from resorting to nuke weaponry as a last minute butt pull to 'win'. A small nuclear reactor to power your mecha is fine, but please don't go all "I have nukes!" to make this RP imba.)

The point of the RP is not to show how poweful your character is, in fact Scylla is worse of a combatant than her brother and her mother. She's just great with melee. Her brother can even call in airstrike attacks from orbit, but like I said this is not to meant to be a power scaling win feast. I would take out any use of nuclear weaponry in this if I were you. It's just cheap and unfair to all biological characters. Anyone can die from nukes, having them doesn't make your character better. It just is a cheap attack, so please refrain from using nuclear armaments in a character battle. )

(Steampunk wouldn't imply having technology as modern day robotics. That's more of cyberpunk. Mostly I asked is because Scylla could potentially dodge and catch the weapon to wield it herself. Then again, it's small so she probably could just toss it. I assume this would be remote controlled to where it's launch trajectory would be that compared to a Thermal Optic Warhead in that you have to guide it to it's target. Also, nuclear powered weapon would be far to OP for this. It's unfair if you can just nuke everyone in the RP when you're losing for instance, I would strongly advise you to refrain from resorting to nuke weaponry as a last minute butt pull to 'win'. A small nuclear reactor to power your mecha is fine, but please don't go all "I have nukes!" to make this RP imba.)

The point of the RP is not to show how poweful your character is, in fact Scylla is worse of a combatant than her brother and her mother. She's just great with melee. Her brother can even call in airstrike attacks from orbit, but like I said this is not to meant to be a power scaling win feast. I would take out any use of nuclear weaponry in this if I were you. It's just cheap and unfair to all biological characters. Anyone can die from nukes, having them doesn't make your character better. It just is a cheap attack, so please refrain from using nuclear armaments in a character battle. )

I wasn't using the nukes partially for that very reason, and I understand having a good fight is more important than the win at all costs attitude. (Though I'm still going to use strategy and try to avoid getting hit) It was also the matter of an in character limitation. You notice Raiah cares about the civilians in the city, at least making an effort to preserve the lives, since she is after all a heroic character, albeit a somewhat vulgar and chaotic one. She is not setting those off anywhere NEAR that city (especially since they're dirty bombs). Though if it makes you happy we could just say the launchers are not loaded or just put conventional explosive warheads in there. (Far less deadly but I can still use the weapon system.)

As for weilding the hammer. Theoretically possible. But she'd still have a control lock on it with the omnidirectional control rockets and could gyrate it around in your hand making getting a solid swing very difficult since you'd be fighting the rockets rather than working with them, and if you weren't strong enough to hang against the force of the rockets on you'd just get dragged around or start hitting yourself. Though I'd imagine by virtue of being more than twice as big, you probably could hang onto it.

Edit: In all honesty I've been pretty strategically hogtied in this fight. I won't use the nukes because they're so op and would ruin everyones fun, and would be out of character. I can obviously pulverize people in a melee duel with four arms all with electric spiked brass knuckles (what this machine is meant to do) and a giant hammer but both you and now Katashi are in the 60 meter class and I'm too afraid to get close. Hence I'm relegated to using the hammer's flight capabilities (not ideal) or anything else I can create (high voltage power cable whips).

Last edited:
(Alright)
Over her radio she hears some static before a voice says “this is Sitri chaplain of the legio astartes 17th legion, I will direct the civilians to a more safe locations, as you deal with the abomination.”, The voice is fairly deep with a heavy accent of unknown origin, as he says this he makes his way near the fight, and begins to herd the stragglers to a safer location.

Last edited:
Galaxxies Galaxxies
(I see, well if that's the case I don't think any ordinance at all would be good. Even if she uses conventional weapons and the majority of people, supposedly evacuated. There are probably people still trapped or unwary of the fight going on in the city and any use of ballistic ordinance has a chance to do more collateral damage than Scylla is doing. Yes, it could be rare but would a hero take that risk? I mean, you could try ballistics, but using those in a city still is a bad idea, there is no such thing as a 100% 'smart' missile. Just look at how our high tech weaponry causes civilian casualties in the middle east. Her armaments couldn't be stopped once launched, more than likely.)

(I see, but then again you have to factor Scylla's strength as compared to the rockets. That and she may just try to bend it or something to make it useless. She could also simply slam the thrusters against something with a good swing to disable them too. The thing with Thor's hammer is that it is supposed to be mythological, with rocket thrusters there are methods to disable them and still wield the hammer. Her first thought would to simply slam their thrusters against an apartment building to disable them. )

I see)

Cathunk!

Scylla was hit in the back of the head with the hammer, with the thrusted hammer impacting the backside of her larger skull giving her a only minor concussive blow to the back of the optical lobe, making her fall over to her knees as her massive left boot slammed down on the road making a thud and some imprints nt eh asphalt. While the disorientation soon ceased, the pain had not. She let out a loud 'ugh!' as she tried to slowly stand upright upon stumbling and now showing slight signs of dizziness.

"Cheap trick!" She exclaimed out in anger at Raiah as she growled.

Last edited:
Galaxxies Galaxxies
(I see, well if that's the case I don't think any ordinance at all would be good. Even if she uses conventional weapons and the majority of people, supposedly evacuated. There are probably people still trapped or unwary of the fight going on in the city and any use of ballistic ordinance has a chance to do more collateral damage than Scylla is doing. Yes, it could be rare but would a hero take that risk? I mean, you could try ballistics, but using those in a city still is a bad idea, there is no such thing as a 100% 'smart' missile. Just look at how our high tech weaponry causes civilian casualties in the middle east. Her armaments couldn't be stopped once launched, more than likely.)

(I see, but then again you have to factor Scylla's strength as compared to the rockets. That and she may just try to bend it or something to make it useless. She could also simply slam the thrusters against something with a good swing to disable them too. The thing with Thor's hammer is that it is supposed to be mythological, with rocket thrusters there are methods to disable them and still wield the hammer. Her first thought would to simply slam their thrusters against an apartment building to disable them. )

[snip]

Yeah I don't think shes taking any chances with civilians, even if Sitri is going to help me get them out of the way. Besides I prefer a challenge.

As for smashing it to make it useless, it could work. There are armored cowls over the thrusters and they're built into the shape of the hammer. If you made a rocket powered hammer but all the rockets broke when it was smashed against something hard enough, it would be kind of a stupid/useless design. But with enough brute force you can just break it. Without spoiling too much, in case I ever decide to sit down and draw the webcomic this character belongs to another character is able to counter it by shooting a projectile inside the nozzle of one of the rockets. That doesn't just disable it; it fries all the internal systems and the hammer just explodes in that instance.

The other way to neutralize it would be to get the fight underwater. The mecha itself can go underwater and still work/survive. (So long as you don't bash the chestplate and cause the cabin to fill with water) But the rockets (or the electric aura) don't work there.

Also a question for you OOC. How fast can Scylla grow/shrink? Because it would seem if she could go from the height of a short human (she looks like a sonic OC so I assume thats her base height) to 60m within a few seconds and back. Like you could be pulling some serious Ant Man shenanigans. Someone punches you and you just shrink and start running up their arm. Then grow big again and just put them in a hold. Someone's after you in a city, you shrink, run into a subway tunnel then they lose track of you. Then pop up one station over, run up behind them and grow big again, etc.

-+-

"Thanks a million Sitri. I'm a bit... tied up at the moment."

She spun the torso around 360, allowing the hammer to fly back into its slot in the back and building velocity with the whips at the same time. Now that Scylla was stunned, her intention was to get them wrapped around Scylla and then begin to fly around her, skirting just above the lower buildings in this part of town, and bundling her up in the cables such that she couldn't move.

Cool, Scylla? Well let's just say she has a interesting lore situation where she had her underlings fire on a civilian town because she lost a battle there and got her hair burnt previously. )

Ah, then she probably would just toss it away or like a grenade if there's a delay. Then again, just having it be useless is an advantage to her. )

I see, well Scylla is very amphibious, she loves the water. In fact it's not oncoming to see her go into battle near a coastline, in her giant bathing suit. I drew a picture of her surfing on an aircraft carrier before in it:
Scylla Surfing.png

So a fight in water is something she's not afraid to do. )

True, that would be useful. Only there's a problem: Scylla controls her size, (as well does her brother and mother), by her amygdala. Yes, her size is controlled by her emotions. To shrink and grow so rapidly would give her a lot of mental strain and stress. Her size can also be triggered to be augmented. IF she's angry or excited, she'll spontaneously enlarge if she cannot get a hold of herself, if she's scared or sad she'll shrink. Now, normally I don't show this because in RP a lot of people would find it annoying, but in lore it's how her powers work. They're tied to her emotions. )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You will pay!" She let out as she looked around for any object she could find.

(I thought he was on the other side of the mech. Also, my character doesn't know yours. So Scylla would be focusing on the battle. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back