• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜

IvyRose Academy.
is power
all that matters?

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:

mood

excited, but annoyed

the bonfire beach

outfit

tags

open

bitch

When Ani walked out of the bathroom, it was already empty. Her roommate was gone and Anita didn’t mind at all. At least she had time and space to get read the way she wanted. It was the first party of her senior year. Her last year at high school, no matter what kind. Senior year was senior year and Ani didn’t mind if it was a regular school or the one where kids were able to kill each other on sight. Some of them literally. No, this was a party, everyone was going to be there and she was dressing to impress.

Once finished, she checked her face in the mirror and refreshed her lipstick. With a self-confident smirk, she ruffled her hair to give it a bit wilder look and sighed. “Smokin’.” Ani mumbled and only then she was ready to actually leave. Getting ready for tonight took her a while and she made sure to shine. It wouldn’t do for her otherwise. What was the point of going if all eyes weren’t on her?

Only sporting a small cross body bag, Anita knew that there was no way she would be able to sneak in a bourbon she wanted but then again, if Dante and Riley were going too, there was no way they weren’t bringing the fine shit with them. Shrugging the problem away, she finally slipped out of the room and strutted towards the elevator that brought her to the first floor. It was getting dark outside, by the time she would reach the beach, sun would be long gone and she would be getting drunk or high with her friends. Or both.

The beach was slowly filling with people when Ani arrived but her eyes were set on a person. But she couldn’t find Sam anywhere. Her green strands were unmistakable so if she was there, Ani would have noticed her by now. But it looked like she arrived too soon. With all the losers. Perfect. That was exactly what she needed. Pulling a pack of cigarettes from her purse, Ani took one, brought it up so her ruby-painted lips could embrace the filter. After one swift snap of her fingers, the flame appeared and licked the cigarette, bringing it to life.

Ani already learned a thing or two about her abilities and she could control most of them by now. Whatever happened at her birthday party, that was long gone. And even though her parents still thought their daughter was a monster, Ani liked to think she was rather a badass. And at school full of kids with the same condition, she never felt different. Special, yes. Not no different. And no one was looking at her as if she was the worst person in the world. At least not because of her powers.

Standing at the edge of the beach, Ani’s eyes kept flicking over people, trying to spot a familiar face. But no such luck. At least not for now. And so she smoked her cancer stick, annoyed beyond measure. Smoke curled over her head and her thoughts ran a little forward to the year ahead of her. There were so many things that could happen. So many ambitions, so many dreams come true. And so little time.

nine lives

mood

hyped!

the bonfire beach

outfit

tags

Dante ( apolla apolla )

rebel

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, mom, all good. No, I won’t. I promise. Say hi to Linda for me, will you? Mkay, bye…b-bye, love you.”

With a deep sigh, Riley hung up his phone and sat up on his bed, yawning wide. It was the bonfire night and he was definitely going. That yawn was brought by the endless phone call with his mom who had been worried ever since Riley was dragged from home, stuffed inside the government cars and brought to Ivyrose. The good woman had no idea where her son was, except somewhere in Montana. Or was it Wyoming? She was all confused and always asked Riley. Every single time. And well, Ry was getting annoyed quite a lot but since he loved his mom to the moon and back, he always answered patiently.

But! There was no time to ponder, he had work to do. Throwing off his bed clothes, he grabbed some fresh set from the wardrobe and headed for the quick shower. He really only had like five minutes to do so as he had some stuff to pick up and he needed to come there on time, otherwise, he wouldn’t get lucky tonight. So yes, he hurried, showered, got dressed and ran out of his room, only grabbing his phone and wallet on his way out.

The place where he was heading wasn’t far. Just one floor down. Last room on the left. And Riley was cutting it close when his hand formed a fist and knocked on the door three times, pause and then other two times. Retarded signal. But it wasn’t Ry who came up with it anyway. The door opened and a ginger boy stuck his head out, grinning wide. “Come on in, dude, hurry, I gotta run too.” And he pulled Riley inside of the room that smelled like a greenhouse.

It was less than five minutes later that Riley walked out of the room, satisfied grin on his face, coughing a little from the residue in his lungs. Dylan always had the best shit and the poor bastard had to leave for a dinner with his parents tonight, hence no bonfire night for the ginger. But he still managed to be the good buddy and Riley was leaving from his room with a back pocket full of treasures and a shit eating grin plastered all across his face.

He was already nearing the beach, heard the sound of waves crashing all around and loud, indistinct conversations of all people who had already come. Fishing his phone out, he scrolled through his contacts for a moment to choose the one he wanted and lifted his gaze for a moment before he would type the message. He only looked up to make sure he wouldn’t walk into anyone but lucky for him, a familiar raven nest caught his attention and his grin became even wider. Moving the phone back to his pocket, Riley approached his best bud, clasped him on the back and then offered his fist for a bump. “You’re early, asshole.” he laughed but he was still happy to see Dante her. At least he didn’t have to wait for him for years.

nine lives

Samara Seabrook.

• The rays of the setting sun peaked between the blinds of the otherwise dimly lit dorm, casting stripes of dark and light across the wall. The bass of the music gently vibrated the room, alerting those within it to the growing party just outside. Amber liquid in a glass on the desk rippled to the beat, only ceased when the room's resident finished it off. Samara smiled as she sat the glass back down, savoring the perfect burn the brandy left behind. She enjoyed the flavor but was always careful to pace herself when it came to alcohol. Losing her inhibition would mean potentially losing control, and that was not a risk Samara Seabrook was willing to take. Not again.

Leaving the glass behind, Sam crossed her room to the full-length mirror, tilting her head as she assessed herself. Sure, this was the fourth back-to-school party she had been to in her time at IvyRose. But this one was more important than the others. It was the final back-to-school party she would ever go to at that academy. The feeling was bittersweet. On one hand, she had learned a lot about herself and her abilities, and she was excited to take her new knowledge into the world. But on the other hand, it meant leaving behind the only place she had ever felt like she had truly belonged. Instead of judging her for her past and the not-so-secret skeletons in her closet, she felt accepted and appreciated. But most importantly, she felt free.

Adjusting the straps of her top, Samara felt a jolt of anxiety when her eyes drifted across the scars littering her skin. One of the reasons she decided to get her tattoos was to have something that drew attention away from those vicious-looking marks. Before her father had realized he could change her abilities with injections, he had chosen a much more brutal method: kill or be killed. As a result of that, the flaws on her skin were brutal reminders of what she went through, locked in that cage for all those years. The perfect imprint of a jaguar's teeth over the top of one shoulder, the distinct fang marks of a viper on the inside of her wrist, and several more. When she was younger, Sam was terrified of showing them off, often wearing long sleeves and pants to hide them. But now? She honestly couldn't care less of what others thought.

Letting her hair fall in aqua green and black waves around her shoulders, Samara decided that she looked good enough to go. She slipped through the dorm with ease, silently closing the door behind her. As she walked down towards the beach, she saw the gilttering water as the perfect background to a party that was just beginning. About halfway in between the lake and the edge of campus stood a conical pyre, flames just beginning to lick up its sides. The sun slowly set over the horizon, creating a watercolor painting of warm pastel tones across the sky. Everyone who had visited Ivyrose Academy knew that it had one of the most beautiful schools in the United States. However, that number was few and far between, and thus most were unfortunately unaware of its glory.

Emerald green eyes scanned the beach in search of familiar faces. She pulled a flask from her crossbody, taking a swig from its contents. Sure, she knew several people at that party. After all, IvyRose was for the gifted, and that was a fairly limited group. But, there were only a select few that she knew rather well, and wanted to spend time with. Eventually she found one, accented by a mane of chocolate brown hair and striking lipstick. Sammy grinned and made her way across the sand towards Anita, flask still in hand. "You know, those things will kill you," she said sarcastically, gesturing to the cigarette in her friend's hand once she was in ear shot. It was an ironic statement, given the pack of cancer sticks hidden away in her own purse.

Taking another sip from her flask of whiskey, Sam followed Anita's gaze as she looked around the party. With a teasing grin, she asked, "Looking for someone in particular? I don't think I've seen your boy toy yet, but I could ask around." It was a bit of a surprise that the pair worked so well as friends, but Sam knew that they each benefitted from it, in one way or another. To be honest, Samara was itching for the party to truly begin, for some sort of trouble to come along that they could get into. After all, a party wasn't a party without a sense of danger, right?

coded by weldherwings.

Finnegan Chambers.

• The soothing tones of classical music filled his ears as Finnegan Chambers placed another book on the growing stack. He had been in the library since he had woke up that morning, only leaving to gets some food or go to the restroom. While most would turn their noses up at the large stacks of technical manuals he had surrounded himself with, Finn rather enjoyed them. In fact, his father was much more invested in his son's ability to tap in to computer systems. But, the dark-haired senior enjoyed his meta-learning abilities much more. He could learn whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. If one morning he woke up and decided that he wanted to play the oboe, all he had to do was read a book and he could. Just the day before, Finn had delved into the world of laser cutters and had spent the better part of the morning building one from scratch. He was nothing if not resourceful.

Just as Finnegan began to pick up his eighth book of the day, a siren-like noise filled his ears. He immediately yanked them out, the loud, aggressive sound practically piercing his eardrums. Pinching the bridge of his noise, Finn waved his hand over his phone, effectively turning off the alarm with just his thoughts. He had completely lost track of time and forgotten about the back-so-school party, though it wasn't really Finn's choice of place to be to begin with. Talking to strangers and engaging in illegal activities was not really his cup of tea. He would much rather be tucked away in some naturally lit corner with a stack of books and maybe a calculator he could take apart and put back together. Nevertheless, Headmaster Chambers practically insisted that he go to the party. After all, it was important for them to keep up appearances. His roommate wasn't particularly upset about his attendance either.

"Well, time to get going," Finnegan murmured to himself, putting the books on a nearby return cart and stuffing his headphones into his pocket. Just as he was about to place the final book, entitled "The Art of Boat Building," on the stack, the brunette man thought better and tucked it away into his backpack for later. He waved to the librarian on his way out the door before traversing the halls to return to his dorm. Finn had spent the majority of his life at the academy. He knew the ins and outs of the campus, all of the short cuts and secret passageways, even a few forbidden areas. It was one of the perks of being the headmaster and founder's son, he supposed. The downside, however, was the constant pressure for perfection and a positive reputation. It had instilled a constant bit of anxiety in Finn's personality, making him just a bit nervous and timid, much to his friends' annoyance.

Finnegan only dropped into his dorm room long enough to put his things away and change for the bonfire party. It's venue, the nearby lake, was most certainly not the ocean. But it was as close as they were going to get being tucked away in the backwoods of nowhere Wyoming. He had traveled a bit with his father, sure. He had seen the real ocean. But it was nothing compared to all the places he wished he could travel to. Nevertheless, the gifted were considered dangerous, and allowing them out on their own was not societally approved. Shaking away those thoughts, Finn took one last look at himself in the mirror before heading towards the beach in search of his friends and maybe someone new to talk to. Maybe the party wouldn't be so bad after all.

coded by weldherwings.

mood

annoyed

edge of the bonfire

outfit

tags

open

Lyla

loner

"I'm not going." Lyla currently sat on the bed in her brothers room, legs crossed at the knee as she watched him pull on a shirt. "And couldn't you have gotten dressed before you dragged me in here?" Making a face of disgust, she looked away from him, marveling at the countless articles of clothing he had sprawled out everywhere. She was pretty positive the clothing belonged to him, because she knew him, and she knew he was not the cleanest person to share space with. She'd long since given up on telling him to pick up after himself, because he never listened.

"You are going, even if I have to pick you up and drag you myself. Jesus, Ly. This could be good for you, if you just open your mind to something other than those fucking romance novels you read." Dante scoffed, giving her a pointed look as he moved to admire himself in the mirror. Apparently, he didn't like the shirt he'd pulled on, because he yanked it right back off and tossed it onto the floor.

Lyla shot her brother an annoyed glare. "You said you'd stop going through my stuff." She kept those books well hidden, but now she was going to have to find somewhere else to put them. "How did you even get in my room?" She stood from the bed, turning her back to Dante as she started for the door. "I'm leaving. My dragon of a roommate should be gone by now, so I can at least have some peace. Goodbye, Dant-"

Her words were cut off as Dante slid an arm around her waist, yanking her to him. "Nice try, sis. Hope you like what you're wearing, because you're going. Who knows? Maybe you'll find Fabio there." She could tell he was grinning from behind her as he literally carried her from the dorms. She gave in, but as they stepped outside she fought him off of her. "I can walk, asshole." She muttered, straightening her clothes as they headed for the makeshift beach.

Once they arrived, Dante moved behind her, giving her a not so gentle nudge towards the gathering people. "Go find someone to mingle with. I'll find you later." And with that, he disappeared into the crowd, leaving Lyla there alone. "I swear to fucking god, I hate him." She muttered, casting a glance at the sky. Wouldn't it just ruin the bonfire if she created a torrential downpour? Keeping that idea in mind, she sighed and lowered her gaze back to the people, wondering if there was anyone here even worth talking to.

nine lives

mood

excited

by the bonfire

outfit

tags

Riley ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ )

Dante

loner

"I'm not going."

Dante glanced over at his sister as she sat on his bed, her eyes completely serious as they landed on him. He rolled his eyes, making sure she saw it. Finding a shirt he wanted to try, he reached for it, tugging it over his head before glancing in the mirror. "And couldn't you have gotten dressed before you dragged me in here?" He turned to look at her, seeing how she was inspecting the clothes all over his side of the room.

"You are going, even if I have to pick you up and drag you myself. Jesus, Ly. This could be good for you, if you just open your mind to something other than those fucking romance novels you read." Truthfully, Dante was tired of watching his sister be alone. She needed friends, not those fake ass books she liked to read. He saw her sharp look she turned in his direction, but he just shrugged before locating a different shirt. Pulling the current one off of his head, he reached for the new one.

"You said you'd stop going through my stuff. How did you even get in my room?" He decided not to answer her, looking at his reflection with the new shirt. Running his fingers through his hair, he spotted Lyla's reflection as she stood, trying to escape his room. "I'm leaving. My dragon of a roommate should be gone by now, so I can at least have some peace. Goodbye, Dant-" Spinning on his heel, he practically jumped at her, sliding an arm around her waist and yanking her back.

"Nice try, sis. Hope you like what you're wearing, because you're going. Who knows? Maybe you'll find Fabio there." He grinned from behind her as he started carrying her through the dorms, to the outside. He let her go when she started fighting him outside, smirking as they started for the beach. "I can walk, asshole." He didn't respond as they reached the sand, and then he stood behind her, pushing her towards the crowds. "Go find someone to mingle with. I'll find you later."

And then he slipped through the crowd, leaving her behind, realizing too late that he might have made a mistake. But things couldn't get that bad, right? He decided to just not think about it as he weaved his way through the crowd. At some point, he felt a hand come down on his shoulder, and heard a familiar voice from beside him. “You’re early, asshole.” Laughing, Dante turned to look at Riley. "And that means you are...?" He grinned. "I brought my end. You brought yours?" He pulled some mini airplane liquor bottles from his pocket, along with some other party favors.

nine lives

Miya Swan

Mood: exciteeeeeeeeed ^^

Outfit: click!

Interactions: Sebastian Devotion Devotion

The only luck was that Mr and Mrs Pierce were gone for the weekend. The two wanted to get a few days of final rest before the start of the school year. Sebastian could be a handful and ever since he reached puberty, it required a lot of energy. Not that Miya would have known first-hand but she has known Sebastian ever since they were babies and she was able to draw a picture of what he was like during their countless encounters. Clicking of bottles as she was moving them from one side of the bar to another and her mumbling were piercing the silence of the library. It was a bonfire party tonight and Miya did not want to come empty-handed. Especially since it was technically going to be her first day of school. Once she found that one bottle that was the perfect balance between everything she was looking for, not too fancy, yet not so cheap either, it was time to pick up Sebastian.

As on any Friday night, he was probably sitting on the couch, watching some pew-pew movie as she liked to call the gangster movies he was so fond of. Although most students have already moved into the dorm, the two were granted an exception until the end of this weekend as Miya was new both to the city and to IvyRose. It has been a little over a year since she became an orphan but only a month since she had moved in with Pierce’s. Despite their best efforts, the adoption procedure took over a year to complete. After all, Miya became an orphan in a traumatic experience so her adoption file needed extra evaluations, opinions, recommendations… Any bureaucratic thing you can think of, she had to have it.

Miya swiftly ran down the stairs with the bottle of whisky in her hand, leaping over the last five stairs and landing just a few feet away from the couch. As expected, Sebastian’s expressionless self was sitting in the middle of it, his eyes glued to the screen. “Come on, we gotta go, the party has already started” she yelled as she continued making her way towards him. Once there, she jumped on the sofa right next to him and started jumping up and down: “Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on…” A sudden pain spread through her scalp when she bent forwards in the heat of jumping. It took her a second to realize that Sebastian had yanked her by her hair and pulled her towards the floor. Naturally, her body followed her head and Miya soon found herself on the floor. “Aaaaah. Aaaaah. Ok, ok. I got it” she said, her face still in a grimace as Sebastian did not seem to let go of her hair. Miya raised her arms until her hands found Sebastian’s in her hair and made him open his arm. “Seriously, Sebastian, au” she scolded him but not in a serious tone. Sadly, she already got used to her roommate being a little harsher than harsh and this one was not the worst thing he had done to her. Not by far. Gut punches, choking, yanking by the hair, he was a man of many charms. Call her stupid but she never got upset with him for it. She knew it was not his fault really that he turned out the way he did. So many people called him names, called him a monster, condemning him without trying to understand him. But Miya would never. He was her most favourite person in the whole wide world despite his flaws. Everyone has them, Sebastian’s just happened to be a little more severe.

“Come oooooooooooooon. You gotta go. I can’t go alone. I mean… I can. But it won’t be fun without you. Come ooooooooooon. Pleaaaaaaaaase” she pleaded as she was pulling on his arm, trying to make him stand up and leave with her. It took a few more minutes of annoying him before he finally agreed to come. “Ok. But just to see how you get bullied for that ridiculous outfit choice” Miya heard him reveal his true intention for going, but did not mind it really as the only thing that mattered was that in the end, she did not end up leaving for the party alone.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Sebastian Pierce

Mood: annoyed

Interactions: Miya Devotion Devotion

“Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner,” Robert DeNiro’s most iconic line was coming from the TV and no matter how many times he had seen that movie, this one line had always made him think. It summed up how the world worked pretty well in his opinion. He has been around for a few years now, met all sorts of people and it always ended in disappointment. Ask any of his gifted classmates and you would never doubt it yourself. Doing experiments on your own daughter, alcoholism, negligence. There was not a single soul in IvyRose that did not have a tragic backstory. Not a single soul. There was always some abuse present, mental or physical, it did not matter, both were equally harmful and they all resulted from being attached and trusting someone other than yourself. Sebastian was convinced that no one ever truly cared about someone else. Everyone was just using everyone, be it his father to fulfill his dreams of becoming somebody or be it his classmates who were hooking up with each other just to fulfill their own primitive needs.

In a sense, Sebastian’s gift was truly a gift as it made him numb to most human emotions, making it hard for him to form attachments. A loud thump on the floor woke him from his train of thoughts and Sebastian did not even have to take a look at what the source was as he was more than a million percent sure it was Miya. The annoying little creature had moved in with them a little over a month ago and became Sebastian’s pain in the ass almost instantly. Just like now when she tried to convince him to join her on going to the bonfire party. IvyRose with all its stupid gifted residents was the last place he would want to be. Especially tonight when it was the last night before moving into the dorms again. There was no way he would willingly risk meeting Riley or Dante before he really had to.

Although he wanted to finish watching his movie and then go to bed, Miya apparently had a different idea. Jumping on the sofa up and down, the girl was always able to find new ways of annoying him and Sebastian did not need much to put an end to it. He used the fact she was not paying attention to the position of her body and yanked her by her hair the moment it got within his reach. Judging by her cries, she understood his position on going with her. When she started pulling on his arms to make him stand up, he understood he overestimated her ability to put two and two together.

The two have been through this scenario far too many times and Sebastian could see in her eyes that this was one of the things she put her mind to and was not gonna give him peace until he would succumb. Although he could tie her up and put her in the closet until the morning light, it would probably be a temporary lesson. Looking at her outfit, Sebastian figured it would be much easier and much more exemplary if she met the IvyRose elite herself. He was more than convinced that Anita and the rest of the girls would be wearing some cute little shorts or skirts and Miya’s outfit was surely gonna stand out. Not in a good way of course and the sooner Riley and Dante would ridicule her for it, the sooner they would return home, never to go to these events again. Win-win for everyone. And by everyone, he meant himself as it was all that mattered to him. “Ok. But just to see how you get bullied for that ridiculous outfit choice,” he said and proceeded to put a jacket on, “you better call an Uber before I change my mind.”

code by Stardust Galaxy

Last edited:

mood

excited, but annoyed

the bonfire beach

outfit

tags

Sammy ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

bitch

The night was warm as it usually was around this time of the year. Not excessively as the mountains surrounding the whole town provided a little barrier but warm enough to spend an evening on the beach wearing shorts and tank tops. Many people took this opportunity and pulled their bold summer outfits out. Anita was also among them. God knew what was awaiting her at school this year and this might be her last evening out without having any more duties the next day. The fact that this was her last year at IvyRose and she had no idea what the next step would be was hanging over her head almost as a threat and she really didn’t want to think about it. Maybe she would return back home and her parents wouldn’t be afraid of her anymore. But leaving home as a monster, she would be returning there to be one again. No matter how much in control she was.

Anyway, that was not anything she wanted to think about right now. The beach was full of people from all grades and Ani sent a few waves and smiles but she was still looking for a few other people. The ones she intended to spend her evening, and maybe even the night, with. Bringing the filter of her cigarette to her lips, Ani kept filling her lungs with new and new amount of nicotine and thick clouds of smoke were leaving the corner of her mouth, swirling over her head. Where the hell was everyone? Everyone interesting that was.

A familiar voice with a hint of tease in it made Ani to turn her head to the side and those luscious red-painted lips curled in a smirk. “Let them try.” Ani laughed and took another long drag to show Sam that a few smokes had nothing on her. Plus give her a moment and Sammy would be asking Ani for a lighter anyway. Not that Ani would ever hold it against her. This was nothing but a good fun and Samara was actually the best person Ani met here. She was the balance Ani needed so bad even if she herself never really admitted it. Sam held her in a healthy middle.

“My boy toy?” Ani asked but then rolled her eyes playfully. “That makes me sound like a cougar tho. But he’s here. Somewhere.” she shrugged and finished her cigarette. The butt fell down on the sand and Ani stepped on it with a tip of her shoe. “Come on. I’m done standing around. Let’s go find some trouble.” She grinned and took Sammy’s hand, leading her further to the beach. The two were thinking in a very similar way. Trouble was fun. And every party needed a pinch of that.

nine lives

Last edited:

mood

high as a kite

the bonfire beach

outfit

tags

Dante ( apolla apolla )

rebel

Riley could positively say that he was thrilled. And not only because of the THC level in his body that caused his lips to spread in an uncontrollable grin. Walking to the beach was as if he was crossing the moon land. Weed always did this to him. While others could handle this haze properly, it was always way too obvious Riley was high. His eyes were bloodshot and his laughs uncontrollable. And once the munchies hit him, it was the end. He was willing to walk any distance to get whatever whim he came up with. Forcing Dante to go with him, of course.

Hitting the beach, Riley was already in festive mood. The sound of waves crashing against the bank of the lake, the evening air and a tall pile of wood, which the flames were licking already. The bonfire night as they all knew it. For a moment, Riley stopped and took a deep breath, savoring the moment. His last year at IvyRose. So many memories here. So many friends. So many…everything. As much as Riley didn’t want to come here, he liked it here. Those years made him get used to all of this and now, when the end was so close, Riley was sad that he had to go. Sure, the relationships he made here, Dante, Samara, even his roommate Finn, they all were going to keep in touch but the real life was way too close and Riley didn’t like it. It was not like there was a college for “gifted” kids like them. Or was there?

In his high state, the boy only thought about it for a minute or so. His focus was frazzled and he wanted to started the party as soon as possible. For now, this was just a few kids hanging out around some tall fire. But once a few chosen ones tasted whatever Riley and Dante brought, it might get much wilder. And therefore, Dante! Where the hell was Dante? Before the thought left his head, Riley spotted his best buddy and ran over, clasping his back.

“Lol, you really did bring all that shit!” he laughed and reached for his back pocket. “So did I.” Another grin grazed his lips when he shared his valuables. Opening his cigarette box, there were five neatly rolled cigarette joints and then Riley showed something else. “This is some good shit too. But only if you’re brave enough.” he winked and opened a little mint box filled with a few heart-shaped pieces that looked like a fizzy candy. A party drug. “You wanna try or are you gonna chicken out?” he dared Dante and shook the box right in front of Dante’s face. Whether it was wise for people like them to take molly at the party with fire, that was for a different discussion.

nine lives

Samara Seabrook.

• After her mother's death, Samara's childhood had been entirely about confinement. Her father locked her away from everything, her friends, her family, her whole life. She lived in a cage in the basement, subjected to several boughts of torture and attack, poked and prodded for some pseudo-science her father was sure existed. And then, she escaped. But even after she was free from her prison, she never really felt like she belonged. On the run, bouncing from city to city, she wasn't able to settle down and call a place home. Sam had no idea what to do with her life until she was approached by someone from IvyRose Academy. They made the school seem so open and welcoming that there wasn't a way for her to say no. So, Samara took up residence at the school.

Pulled from her thoughts by Anita's words, the dark-haired shapeshifter took one last drink from her flask before slipping it into her purse. "Well, if you put it like that, I might as well have one too," she answered with a smirk, placing a cigarette between her lips, "Got a light?" Waiting a moment for Anita's lighter, Sam inhaled the toxic smoke deeply, counteracting the alcohol she had drank with a slight nicotine high. The smoke escaped through her parted lips and floated into the air above her head. With a light laugh, Sam turned to her friend and said, "If anyone is a couger here, it's me." She made a scratching hand motion, her claws momentarily extending to prove her point. And to think, a few years ago she wouldn't have been able to keep that control.

Inhaling from her own cigarette, Samara let Anita take her hand and lead her further into the beach. Somewhere along the sand, a red plastic cup was placed into her hand, probably spiked with some sort of liquor. There was a bit of dancing, a bit more chatting, until the pair stumbled upon a couple of familiar faces. "Riley, hey man, how's it going?" she said, nodding to her friend before her eyes darted to the tattooed man alongside him. A smirk played on her lips when she simply greeted him as, "Boy Toy." Taking another inhale from her cigarette, Samara looked between the two men. "Ani and I were just looking for some trouble, and we found you two. Seems like fate to me. Got anything fun?"

coded by weldherwings.

Finnegan Chambers.

• The rush of the rippling water against the soft sand beach made a quiet, repetitive thud. It was barely discernible under the loud tone of the party's dance music. But Finnegan could hear it. It was soothing and, given his general discomfort in large social settings, enough to calm his nerves as he worked further into the party. As he moved, he greeted those that he knew, though they were mostly just familiar faces from class or other students that he passed in the hallways. Given all the pressure his father put on him and all the extracurriculars he had, Finn had very few true friends. It may seem like a lonely life, but he rather enjoyed it. After all, it's hard to learn when constantly distracted.

The vibrations from his pocket pulled Finn from his thoughts. He realized quickly it was his phone once again, a call coming in. Fairly certain who it was on the line, the brunette waved a hand over his pocket to answer the call. "Hello father," he began, intending to ask how his father was doing. Unfortunately, he was quickly cut off. Finnegan listened to his father's stern voice on the phone, detailing how he was to be a shining representative of IvyRose and all it stood for at the party. He was directed to stay away from the 'bad influences' and 'not engage in illegal activities.' It never ceased to amaze him how little trust the headmaster seemed to have in his son. But, then again, Finn was roommates and friends with one of those 'bad influences,' at least by his father's considerations. So maybe the headmaster wasn't too far off.

"I understand," he simply answered and, just like that, the phone call ended. Finnegan let out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding. Talking to the headmaster always seemed to take a toll on his anxiety. Shoving his hands into his pocket, he began to move through the party once again. A few moments later, an accidental sharp shove sent him sprawling into another body, carefully catching the both of them so they didn't fall in to the sand. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-" Finn began, taking a quick step back from the person he bumped into.

He realized rather quickly that the person was not only a girl, but also Dante's younger sister, Lyla. The two of them hadn't really ever talked much, not that Finn actually knew how to talk to girls to begin with. "I'm really sorry, I was just walking along and someone bumped into me. It's crowded and there's dancing and I don't think they meant to do it. I didn't mean to bump into you. Are you okay? I'm sorry," Finn rambled off in rapid succession, eyes wide. Realizing how fast he was talking, he abruptly cut himself off, no longer sure of what to say. Great. That thing he thought about the party earlier? Yeah, he was probably wrong.

coded by weldherwings.

mood

annoyed

bonfire

outfit

tags

Finn ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

Lyla

loner

"Go find someone to mingle with." Lyla muttered to herself as she weaved through the crowd, her eyes narrowed as though she were looking right at Dante. He knew that she didn't do well in social situations, so why he had dragged her here was beyond her. He was the social butterfly out of the two of them. He could talk to anybody about anything, whereas she normally shut down and could barely make small talk. It wasn't that she was dumb, she just didn't want to hurt anyone again. It was safer to keep people at arms length. Right?

Deciding that maybe a drink would help her nerves some, she headed for the drink table that had been set up. She had no doubt that the drinks were spiked, or if they weren't, someone around here had a flask of something. Of course, that meant talking to people, which automatically made her grimace. Reaching for a cup, she dipped into the punchbowl with the ladle, dumping some of the pink liquid into the cup. A small sip told her that whoever had spiked it hadn't done a good job. It wasn't nearly strong enough to get her through the night.

Turning away from the table, she started weaving through the crowd again. Slowly but surely, more people were showing up, and so far people were giving Lyla a wide berth. She and Dante had been here for their entire high school career so far, and because of the well-known details about what happened to their family, people either already knew who Lyla was or they were told. Glancing down into the punch, she hadn't realized that she'd stopped walking until it happened.

One minute she was standing there, staring into the punch, and the next someone collided with her. Punch went flying and she felt hands grab her to stabilize both her and the person who'd hit her, keeping them from landing in the sand. "Are you kidding me?!" She snapped automatically, a storm brewing in her eyes as she lifted her gaze to see who had crashed into her. She recognized Finn, mostly because of Dante, but that didn't soften her gaze any. He immediately started apologizing, stumbling through his words like he was still learning English. "I'm fine. Thanks." She started to move past him, but then her brothers words rang in her mind. Maybe she should start here.

Looking back at Finn, she gave him a onceover before she crossed her arms. "Are you having fun, Finn?"

nine lives

mood

excited

bonfire

outfit

tags

Riley & Anita ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ); Samara ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

Dante

loner

Finding out that Riley had brought his own party favors didn't surprise Dante one bit. In fact, Dante had been expecting it. His grin only grew as Riley showed off his treats, including some interesting looking tablets. "You don't have to beg, Riley. I know you don't wanna do it alone, you chicken shit." Laughing at his own teasing, he reached into the box without hesitation, plucking one of the pieces from the box and popping it into his mouth.

No sooner had he done so, a familiar voice reached his ears. He turned with a huge grin still present on his face, recognizing Samara and Anita right away. "Well hello, ladies." Sliding an arm around both of their shoulders, he turned his head towards Samara as she spoke. "Don't be jealous, Sammy." Blowing a kiss in her direction, he laughed again before he released them to pull a pack of smokes from his own pocket. "We have all of the fun stuff, of course. Just depends on what you're looking for."

He patted his pocket to enunciate his point before shaking a cigarette from the pack, placing the filter between his lips. Patting himself down again, he found his lighter and pulled it out, lighting the cancer stick and inhaling. Blowing out a steady stream of smoke, he tucked the cigarettes back into his pocket. "So? What's it gonna be, ladies? I'm pretty positive we can set your night on fire, if you know what I mean." He shared a look with Riley before looking back at the girls.

Deciding to take a little something of his own, along with the piece of 'candy' he'd gotten from Riley, he pulled a mini tequila bottle from his pocket. Unscrewing the lid, he downed the liquid within seconds and then lowered his head again. Spotting a nearby trash can, he headed that way to threw the bottle in, not looking to see if he actually made it or not. Turning back, he headed back to his little group, slinging an arm around Anita's shoulders again.

nine lives

Miya Swan

Mood: scared/excited

Interactions: Sebastian Devotion Devotion

“What do you mean? This outfit is perfect for a bonfire party in the woods,” Miya shrugged off Sebastian’s comment, clearly not knowing that her assumption about the place of the organization was far from reality. At her previous high school, the one she used to attend before she lost her parents, these things usually took place in a campsite in the middle of the woods and Miya assumed IvyRose was no different and observed the same tradition. As it tends to be, the woods usually get a little cold once the sun sets and no matter how big the bonfire was, there still would be places where its warm flames would not reach. “Come on, grumpy cat, the Uber is here,” she placed her hands on Sebastian’s back and started pushing him out the door. ”Do not call me that,” he hissed back at her, and from the look on his face, she could tell he did not appreciate the cute little nickname she had chosen for him.

The ride was quite pleasant and for the most part quiet even though it seemed almost impossible for Miya to stay quiet for longer than five minutes. With Sebastian in the front seat and no one else to talk to besides the driver who was clearly using all his brainpower to focus on the road, Miya had nothing to entertain herself with other than looking out the window. Luckily, one of her favourite kpop bangers started playing on the radio within a few minutes of departure which meant the start of a small solo party in the backseat. What a great way to start the bonfire evening, she thought, as she danced and sang through the rest of the drive.

Once the two arrived, it suddenly became obvious why Sebastian had made the comment earlier. The moment Miya’s eyes rested on the calm surface of the lake water, cold sweat appeared on her forehead and she felt her stomach tense up. Ever since the tragedy, Miya had a phobia of open water and even refused to use her waterbending powers ever again. Miya held Sebastian’s hand with her left hand and wrapped the right one around his right biceps, sheltering her entire left side behind his shoulder without a word, her eyes still on the water. ”You do not want them to see you with me like this, trust me” he said, but Miya did not care. Within seconds the calm surface of the lake turned into memories of her parents drowning and the images spread to every single cell of her brain like a cell.

Only the distant chatter that was becoming louder and louder as the two continued walking snapped her out of her trance. Seeing the crowd around it was able to replace the worries and guilt with expectations. Expectations of fun. “Here, sit. I am gonna get us some cups now. Hold the bottle, would you?” without further ado, she sat Sebastian on one of the logs that were there to serve as benches. Knowing the nature of his persona, she picked a log that was a little secluded but still not as much as to make the person occupying it feels completely excluded. “Good grumpy cat,” she patted Sebastian on the head like a dog once his ass rested on the log and started running away, towards the others, just in the right time to slip away from getting caught by him as she knew the last remark would have probably earned her a few seconds in Sebastian’s paradise of pain.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Sebastian Pierce

Mood: annoyed

Interactions: Miya

In the woods? Quickly putting two and two together, Sebastian realized that Miya had no idea where the bonfire party was taking place. She surely was in for a surprise as the thing was near a lake and he happened to know that Miya had a phobia of open water. She had this habit of oversharing things with him so there were very few things he did not know about her. Not that he cared about those facts, quite the contrary, but one could grow tired of constantly telling her to shut it. As a matter of fact, he did not even care to tell her the truth about the location they were heading. All the others were going to have fun tonight so why would not he? Let the girl find out when they arrive.

“Come on, grumpy cat, the Uber is here,” he suddenly felt her palms on his back, pushing against it, making him move from his spot. “Do not call me that” Sebastian hissed and pushed his feet against the floor, making both of them stop to show Miya he meant it before he let her go on with whatever she was trying to do. He had to admit that she was a lively little thing despite what she had been through and he could not help but think she was stupid for doing so. Not in the means of intelligence. He did not mean that type of stupidity as Miya was pretty intelligent, although he could swear, too naive sometimes, but stupid in a sense that only a fool would still grasp onto hope after such events. His fate was not as tragic, but still tragic nevertheless, and he had lost his a long time ago. After all, you only need bare necessities if you want to survive and pity and hope are sure not among them.

He thanked God for the silence that spread across the car once the Uber driver started driving them to the lakeside. At least until the moment that the radio started playing the goddamn song that Miya had been blasting on repeat for a week now. At that point, he knew he was cursed. With the first tones leaving Miya’s mouth, he turned to her and looked her dead in the eyes. Was she for real? Realizing there was nothing he could do to make her stop, he kept staring at her, imagining all the things he would do to her would not they be in the presence of the driver. At least a small means of venting the anger away.

Once they arrived and he felt her hand in his, he knew that Miya finally figured where the bonfire was taking place. However, the reaction did not make him as amused as he expected. He thought she would start crying, running around in a panic, asking him to leave immediately. He certainly did not expect she would try to find shelter in him. Why would she turn to him for protection? “You do not want them to see you with me like this, trust me” was the only thing he managed to get out of him and he was sincere. He was not exactly popular around IvyRose and if Miya wanted to have a good start, others better not see how close the two were.

It seemed that the closer they got to the bonfire, the livelier she was starting to become. When she sat him on a log that was way far from the groups that were starting to form around and near the bonfire, he was relieved. Seeing all the familiar faces, he felt even more sure about his belief that he did not want to meet them outside their mandatory school duties. They all looked annoying to him. Girls in their tiny outfits and boys with grins on their faces. For all he knew, he had already seen enough and was ready to call it a night right then and right there. “Good grumpy cat,” he felt Miya pat him on his head, but she was too quick for him to manage to grab her by her hand and reinforce the remark about not calling him that. He was sure that if she did not manage to slip away, he would have probably choked her as that was the urge he felt crawling inside his mind upon hearing the nickname again. It was one thing calling him that in private, but it was something else to call him that when there was a risk of others hearing it.

Once he lost Miya in the crowd, he had nothing else to do but to scan the place. How disappointing it was to see the usual clicks together. Anita with Samara, Dante, and Riley, probably talking about who was the coolest of them all. No surprise there as he knew for sure that Anita and Dante had a thing going on, and if he knew, everyone knew. That is how unpopular he was. What caught his attention, however, was Finn and Lyla. Seeing either of them talking to the opposite sex was not exactly what you would call a “usual thing to see”. He could not help but feel a little curious to see how it would turn out, so until Miya arrived, he figured he would watch their interaction. Maybe it would end in a big cringe or even a slap and Sebastian was always here for the violence.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Last edited:

mood

"Wow, sick pants...for real..."

the bonfire beach

outfit

tags

Sammy ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ); Dante ( apolla apolla ); Miya ( Devotion Devotion ), Riley

bitch

Samara’s question brought an annoyed look at Ani’s face but only for a little while. Seriously? Did she just ask if Ani had a light? With a flick of her fingers, just like she had done for herself a little while ago, Ani lit up a small flame dancing around her fingertips and brought her hand to Sammy’s face carefully to light up her cigarette. “I always have a light.” she added in quiet mutter but not like she was angry or anything. Sammy’s cougar comment with a small visual confirmation of the fact had her laughing almost right after that.

However, standing around the edge of the beach was not what these two should be doing and therefore, seconds later, Ani was leading Sam further, weaving them through the crowd until they found the desired people, the ones that guaranteed the girls would have a lot of fun tonight. And indeed, Riley and Dante were already hanging around the drinks table. Of course. Where else would one find those two?

Once they greeted the guys, Dante pulled both girls to him, apparently pleased to see them. Riley was fidgeting with some small box, looked like he was getting himself a mint. A mint? At the party? Jesus, dude! But he them turned to face them fully, wearing that goofy grin of his, greeting them as well. Only then Anita realized that he was definitely not popping mints over there. Meanwhile, Dante lit the cigarette and asked them what kind of fun they wanted to have. Set things on fire, those were his words. Very much accurate, as far as Ani was concerned.

“I’ll have one of those.” she smiled, tilting her head. Her eyes glistened with mischief and Riley laughed when the brunette came closer, opened her mouth and stuck out her tongue a little so a small heart-shaped candy could land on it. Once she had her little piece, Ani let it dissolve on her tongue just as Dante pulled her back to him. Her end destination for the night was more or less clear, she would end up in his bed. Or he in hers? One way or another, that was going to happen. But not before they wreaked havoc around the bonfire.

“I think I need a drink.” Ani sighed while waiting for the drug to hit her but when she turned her head towards the table, her eyes almost popped out. “What for the love of fucking god is that?” Her eyebrows jumped up, seeing a blonde approaching the table wearing something unreal. “I swear my mother tried to put that thing on me once. I was in kindergarten and I bit her so hard she burned that shit.” Ani laughed, pointing at the girl’s pants. “Who is that anyway? You guys know her?” she asked, patting Dante’s pockets to get a small bottle of something she knew he had.

nine lives

mood

high as a kite

the bonfire beach

outfit

tags

Dante ( apolla apolla ); Sammy ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ); Miya ( Devotion Devotion ); Anita

rebel

Riley was exceptionally proud of herself for bringing all his party favor and some more. It always worked like this with him and Dante. They both went to their sources and got the party shit, then met and put all they got together. It was always enough to have them plastered for days but of course, they were not the only ones to consume all that amount of drugs and booze. Usually shared with a few chosen people and the ladies. Share your join with a pretty girl, the right girl, of course, and you’ll score yourself a pretty night. And of course, the two special ladies were also on the guest list.

“Chicken shit you say? Dude, you’ll end up snoring on the floor, drooling like a fucking pug. Won’t even make it to Ani’s bed tonight. That shit is strong.” Riley laughed and just a second after mentioning her name, Anita truly appeared, accompanied by Sammy. Dante took the lead in welcoming them and by that time, Riley went and took that pill himself. It was so going to get wild tonight. Night of chances, the last bonfire party of the high school. And Riley would be damned if he didn’t party like there was no tomorrow.

“Just the faces I wanted to see? I’m good now, how’s you Sammy?” he smiled at his partner in crime and nodded at Anita who was quick to approach him, asking for a piece of molly. Riley had to laugh because the idea of Dante and his girl trying to…do whatever tonight after getting high and quite possibly drunk…okay, man, why the fuck are you even thinking about that? He quickly turned his attention to Sam. “You want some too? Should be fun.” he smirked and offered the little mint box to her, waiting if she would take one or not.

Ani’s words caught his interest and he looked to the direction she was pointing. “Huh…a new girl, possibly. We know her? I don’t think so.” Riley looked at Dante with a question in his eyes. “Anyway, we could still have some fun, right?” A grin grazed his lips as he grabbed a red solo cup from the edge of the table, poured a little of the lame punch in it with a provided ladle and threw one piece of magic candy inside, waiting for it to dissolve just a little. Only then, putting his famous smirk on, the one that usually had the girls swooning, he approached the blonde. “I might have a drink with your name on it.” he smiled and offered her the cup. “You look like you’re new here. I’m Riley.” he then spoke and offered a handshake alongside the drink.

nine lives

Samara Seabrook.

• Being locked up for so long instilled a love for freedom in Samara. The ability to run freely, go wherever she wished whenever she wished, without regard for anyone or anything else. That was what she held so dear. In a way, it was what brought her closer to some of her friends, like Anita, Dante, and Riley. Though each had their individual reasons, all of them wanted to live life in the moment and throw caution to the wayside. Riley had been the first person she had met after joining the academy, and the pair quickly bonded over being as reckless as they possibly could. Cliff jumping, canyoning, climbing. If it was dangerous and induced a large amount of adrenaline, they did it. Sure, she could change into a falcon and fly, or become a jaguar and climb the tallest tree. But humans were fragile creatures. A slight fall could break them, her included. It was terrifying.

But Samara also couldn't help but think that it was beautiful, how quickly a light could go out. That's why she loved testing those limits, see how far she could go as one of the Earth's weakest animals. That being said, as little as she cared about her own mortality, she certainly cared about others. So, with Dante's arm slung around their shoulders, Sam had no problem turning down the offer of drugs. "Thank you, but I think I'll stick to alcohol and cigarettes. Someone has to make sure the rest of you don't hurt tonight with whatever that is," she responded, gesturing to the mint case Riley held as he placed a candy in Anita's mouth. She could only assume that was something that would no doubt get them fucked up in a short amount of time. Those were usually the types of drugs Riley and Dante enjoyed.

Her emerald greens eyes scanned the area as Anita pointed out a girl approaching the table. She didn't immediately recognize her, realizing that she must be new. Catching sight of her face, Sam was intrigued, finding her expression rather bright. Unlike Anita, she didn't dislike the blonde's outfit, and instead smirked at her friends remarks. "Maybe you just can't pull it off," she teased, smirking at the redheaded girl. Before she could say anything, Riley went to introduce himself to the new girl, dangerous drink in hand. "Doesn't he know that it's bad party courtesy to spike a drink?" Sam muttered, crossing her arms over her chest. This could only end badly, she was sure of it. And she couldn't wait to see it. Turning her attention back to Dante and Anita with a smirk playing on her lips, Samara said, "Should we stop him?"

coded by weldherwings.

Finnegan Chambers.

• Needless to say, growing up in the academy with very little interaction with the outside world, Finnegan never really figured out how to talk to people outside of his inner circle. Public speaking was an absolute atrocity for him, not even able to get through a short presentation without stumbling over his words or making an embarrassing slip. General day- to-day conversation wasn't too different. He either stumbled over his words or, in the case of his conversation with Lyla, sped out in rapid succession with no clear path. Finn could feel a blush begin to warm his cheeks, the shame clear on his face. It was no surprise that Lyla practically pushed past him to get away as fast as possible. At least, that was how he perceived it.

He let out a sigh soon after she passed, not realizing he had been holding it to begin with. Though her gaze was steely and her words short, he was a bit relieved their conversation was over. No use in embarrassing himself more. On top of that, Lyla was his friend's little sister. Well, he at least considered Dante a friend, even though he wasn't sure if the sentiment was returned. Either way, it was clear Lyla wasn't really a fan of his, and he couldn't say he blamed her. Being the headmaster's son certainly had its perks. But it also made him a popular person to avoid. His father had a lot of rules, which Finn tried his best to follow. How boring.

Finnegan was pulled from his thoughts by the voice piping up again, turning to face Lyla who had paused and returned to talk to him. It was impossible to hide the confusion from his expression, unsure of what she was asking him about having fun. "I-I mean.... _ g-g-guess so," he stuttered, trying to form a a response. "Of course, I just g-got here. So I haven't really h-h-had time to do much y-yet." He could only hope that one day he would have the ability to talk to girls as smoothly as Riley and Dante were able to. It was only polite to return the small talk pleanstries, at least that's what he was told. So Finnegan nodded towards Lyla and replied, "What ab-b-out you? I d-don't think I've seen you at many parties. Are y-you ready for the school year to b-b-begin?

coded by weldherwings.

mood

softer

bonfire

outfit

tags

Finn ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

Lyla

loner

In Lyla's mind, people already knew who she was and they already either hated her or were on the road to doing so. After all, even though she'd never been charged with the death of her parents, the case was well-known and there were all sorts of rumors around. Dante was really the only person she trusted with her life, and even though he told her she needed to branch out, she just didn't know how. Truthfully, she was afraid of hurting someone else again. Getting close to someone meant that there was a possibility that that could happen, and she didn't know if she could handle that again. But on the same token, she also respected Dante, despite his fuckboy, asshole ways. And if he needed her to branch out, talk to some people... then maybe she should.

Maybe Finn wasn't the best option, but he surely wasn't the worst. The poor guy seemed shocked as hell that she had turned around to talk to him again, and despite herself, a slow smile spread on her features as he fumbled through his words. "Relax, Finn." She told him, a soft chuckle escaping her lips as her hands dropped back down to her side. "I just got here too. Ditched by my brother already." She glanced around, though she didn't see him. Letting her eyes land back on Finn as he continued, she tilted her head slightly. "Dante dragged me here. I assume you're looking for him, too?"

When he asked about the school year, she figured that was a safe enough topic. Can't get hurt talking about school, right? "I guess so." She glanced around again, a soft sigh escaping her lips. "I'm ready to be out of here. Start over somewhere where people don't know my name or my story." She realized the truth of her words as she spoke them, and though she hadn't meant to get that deep in this conversation, the words were out now. Looking back at Finn again, she nodded towards him. "What about you? Are you ready to get the year started and get the hell out from under your father's thumb?"

nine lives

mood

amused

bonfire

outfit

tags

Riley & Anita ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ); Samara ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ); Miya ( Devotion Devotion )

Dante

loner

Dante had no idea how long it would be before the little heard shaped drug would kick in, but that didn't matter to him. In fact, he'd already almost forgotten about it as he and Riley found Anita and Samara. Dante was definitely ready to set the night on fire, even if he wasn't the one with fire powers. Grinning between the girls, he happily gave Anita a little cheer as she stepped closer to Riley to get one of the molly tablets. Looking over at Sam, he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively in her direction, his facial expression falling flat as she declined the party drug. "Oh, come on. We're grown, Sammie, we don't need a babysitter." He was only teasing her, he didn't care whether she took the drug or not, and he understood why she might not want to.

Ani talked about how she wanted a drink, but they turned towards the table and all spotted the strange pair of pants on the unfamiliar blonde. Riley was quicker when it came to approaching the girl, and Dante just shook his head as he went with the drugged drink in hand. "He's going to flop. I already know it. Look at those pants. Does that look like the pair of pants that belong to a girl who's gonna fall for Riley's shit?" Dante laughed, watching the scene unfold before him. An idea occurred to him just as Sam asked if they should go stop him, and a grin spread on his features. "Watch this." He turned and winked at the girls as he walked backwards, spinning around about halfway to the drink table.

He poured himself a drink but then poured a second one, turning around to face the other two. "Don't take that, sweetheart. Trust me." With a knowing grin on his face, he offered the pretty blonde the second drink he'd made, glancing over at Riley as he spoke again. "You don't want a dog when you can end up with a man." Sliding his gaze back over to the girl, he moved closer. "I'm Dante, and this is Riley. What's your name?" He was having fun trying to butt in on Riley's game, but it was all in good fun, and Dante was sure that Riley knew that. They were just that type of friends. "I don't believe I've seen you around here before."

nine lives

Miya Swan

Mood: amused

Interactions: Riley, Anita _amaranth_ _amaranth_ Dante apolla apolla Samara MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Miya loved teasing Sebastian, she loved teasing anyone for that matter. She has always been a playful little thing and despite the recent tragic event, she was trying to stay true to that. She knew her parents would have wanted that for her. It would have broken their hearts seeing their little girl unhappy, blaming herself for what had happened although it was not always easy for her to suppress the demons inside her head telling her otherwise. If only she had known how to use her powers better, they would have still been here. That is why Miya has sworn to never use her waterbending skills ever again. What use there was to them if they failed her at the moment that mattered the most.

She passed a few groups of students while making her way towards the drink table to get some cups and with a little bit of luck also some chaser to wash down the whiskey she had stolen from Mr. Pierce’s bar. Without stopping she boldly greeted each of the groups, showing them she was open for any future interaction. Once she arrived at the drink table it was clear to see that bringing her own booze was a great idea as it seemed the table was full of soft drinks. Chaser was not going to be the issue here, she chuckled in her mind. Without further ado, she took one of the red plastic cups and poured a little bit of punch into it. She then raised the cup to her nose and took a good sniff of the liquor, trying to figure out whether it was a proper punch or just some fancy juice mixture pretending to be one. Obviously, the latter, she frowned, but it would do as a chaser just fine.

Before she managed to fill up the cup she was holding in her hand, she heard a male voice approaching her. “I might have a drink with your name on it. You look like you’re new here. I’m Riley,” Miya looked at the guy and had to admit that for the first guy to meet there, it was not bad at all. And it seemed to get even better when she heard another male voice approaching her and belonging to an even cuter guy. She has been here for less than five minutes and she already had two cute guys trying to get her attention. This school was going to be even more fun than she had expected. “Don't take that, sweetheart. Trust me,” Miya was half-way through reaching for the cup in Riley’s hand when the other guy intervened, making Miya pull her arm backward. “You don't want a dog when you can end up with a man. I'm Dante, and this is Riley. What's your name? I don't believe I've seen you around here before," although flattered, Miya could not help but feel amused. She was not sure what was worse - the rapist trying to drug her or Dante’s little introduction.

The whole situation was so cringe-worthy that even Miya could not have scripted it better. She was ecstatic. This is what she was living for. “At least your observation skills are better than your pick-up lines” she smiled and patted Dante on his chest. She then turned back to the drink table and proceeded to pour herself two cups of punch, completely ignoring the one offered by Dante. She was not gonna risk avoiding one rapist to be fooled by another one. Once the two cups were 2/3rds full, she turned back to Dante and moved closer to him. “Anyway, if you happen to see any men here, let me know, I would like to meet them,” she then bent to the side just enough for her head to peek from behind Dante’s shoulder and addressed Samara and Anita standing nearby, “amirite, girls?” Suddenly, the girls disappeared and all she could see now was a broad back in a black jacket. Even her body was not where it was a second ago and she soon found herself standing behind Sebastian who was now between her and Dante.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Last edited:

Sebastian Pierce

Mood: ready to fight

Interactions: Dante apolla apolla

What did even people see on events like this? Just a bunch of horny teenagers getting drunk and trying to prove something to themselves. For all that mattered, they were all pathetic to Sebastian. Even Miya. Why she would want to attend something like this was beyond his understanding. Most things regarding people were and he had given up trying a long time ago. No one ever tried to understand him and his anger so why would he bother. At the end of the day, it was always each man for himself. All the students in IvyRose had learned it the hard way yet they were closing their eyes to it and kept pretending that friendships and trust were possible in their environment. In an environment where everyone could easily kill everyone. Well, everyone except Samara and Lyla, it seemed to him, as throughout the years he managed to observe that they were the only two people in IvyRose having their reservations when it came to people, always maintaining at least a bit of a distance. Maybe they were starting to understand what Sebastian knew all along.

With a slap nowhere in sight, watching the interaction between Lyla and Finn soon became boring to Sebastian. He could only wonder what the two quietest people could be talking about. Books? School lunches? He was sure that would he be within a hearing distance of their conversation, he would have thrown up on the spot and would not even feel sorry. Speaking of throwing up, he looked for Riley and Dante in the crowd, curious about what they were up to. He hated their annoying guts the most out of the whole IvyRose. The two always thought they were so sly and handsome, treating the whole world as a big playground. He despised them with his whole being.

The bottle in his hand shattered to pieces when he found his two arch-enemies talking to Miya. Witnessing Dante discarding the cup Riley was offering her, Sebastian realized that the two were most probably trying to pull a foul play on her and his blood started boiling. It was not because he cared about her but it was rather a matter of principle. She was there with him so there was no way the two were allowed to bother her. The two always got any girl they wanted so he had to make sure that Miya would never end up on their trophy list. He wasted no time and hurried to the drink table, leaving a trail of blood behind him. With his special power being the inability to feel pain, Sebastian did not realize that when he shattered the bottle with his right hand, it cut his whole palm and even left him with a few shards stuck inside.

Once he reached the trio, he stood between Miya and Dante, pushing Miya to the back with his body as he did so. He stood so close to Dante that their chests were touching. “Back off, Kuznetsov,” he said in a cold tone, looking down upon Dante. “Go back to Anita. I am sure you will have an easy job getting laid there,” he continued, his body tensing up with each word he uttered. He closed his hands in fists, pushing the shards deeper inside his right hand, making it bleed twice as much as before, hoping either of them would give him an excuse to beat the shit out of them and start the school year on a positive note.

In a way, he was jealous of Dante. Anita was gorgeous, even a blind man could see that much, but that was not the reason for his bitter remark. He was jealous, although he would never admit it, about Dante’s love life. Sebastian was a confident and tough guy, but what no one was aware of, he was still a virgin. Not only that but he also had never been kissed before and deep inside he envied Riley and Dante their luck with women. Growing up, he was the monster everyone kept pointing their fingers at so one could only imagine how popular he must have been with the girls.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back