• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern It's the 20's again! A thread for everyone. Writing prompts.

END
1577516291517.png

Hear the Roar!

Can you believe we are roaring into the twenties again! If this round is anything close to the first go about we have one hell of a ride in front of us! The dawn of a new lifestyle filled with excitement, fear, opportunity and social restructure! The twenties were an amazing time where culture bloomed, social norms were challenged, cities were glorified, homes were electrified and Wall Street flourished. There is so much inspiration from that single span of ten years to drive me mad with plot possibilities. I have listed some musings below but there are so many more.

Broadway Night Life
Prohibition
Bootleggers
Speakeasys
Gangsters
Wallstreet and the Stock Market
Quickly Growing Wealth and Upper-class Culture
Jazz
Harlem Clubs
The Harlem Renaissance
First-generation European Immigrants
Radio Broadcasts
The Monkey Trial
Career Woman, Flappers and Vamps
Rural Culture vs City Culture
The Automobile!
Science vs Religion
Booming Silent Movie Industry
Racial Tensions
Spectator Sports Heros
Pilots and America's Obsession with Flight
The Beginning of the Great Depression​

I know historical plots and storylines can be intimidating. There is a lot of pressure to follow the rules of a setting that none of us have ever lived in nor probably know anyone who has lived in. To exacerbate that your facts can easily be called out with a simple google search. This can be anxiety-inducing when composing a post! So let's all cut each other a little slack when it comes to the details and have fun! Now that isn't to say you shouldn't do a little bit of research just to get the overall feel of the era. After all, learning about what life was like 100 years ago is half the fun. If you start talking about cell phones or WWII I will call you out on it. This documentary helped me to gain a basic knowledge of what was happening but by no means is this all that was happening!

I should mention I have been pretty America centric when coming up with this idea. If you want to focus on another country's 1920s experience I would be very interested in that as well. So anyone across the pond or anywhere else in the world please don't feel left out.

Please pm your inspiration or add it to the thread. Someone else might read your plot and reach out to you too! Include information like your post length preferences, paring preferences, and so on.

I personally post between 3 and 7 paragraphs and prefer mxm but I am open. I also prefer to have a writing partner that is 18+.

I look forward to hearing from all of you and the amazing fiction this era can create!

End,

That's ok! I would love to hear your ideas anyway. Your character or plot might not be for me but they might be for someone else also interested in a 1920's setting. So you should post what you have in mind!

anything mxm in the 20's is scandalous! i'd be down for a club/dance scene though! probably some sort of bootleg incident going on in an underground club during the prohibition!

Bootleggers
Ever since I tried Vampyr, they only associate with bloodsuckers for me.
That said, I'm quite interested, although know little about American 20s. Maybe that's why I'm so curious. I'd love to come up with something... idk, chav-like? Lower class struggles and alike. That said, pretty open to anything else, since I'm quite curious of the time period to be very flexible.
I usually write a lot at first, though mirror my partner's length later on, not demanding any particular word limit/requirement myself. Pretty much always go for 3rd person past tense, and using threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back