• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings It's Raining Original Plots (CLOSED)

thread pic.jpg

Hey all! I'm WhimsicalWriter, but feel free to call me Whimsy. I have a big ol’ craving for OC roleplays. Below I’ve listed some plots. I apologize in advance that some plots are in different formats; I've collected these babies over several years.

WARNING: My roleplay response times can be erratic. Sometimes I can reply several times a day, and other times I can only get out one a week. Please keep this in mind. That being said, you are welcome to take however long you need to respond.

On to some rules/important notes!
1. You must be 18+ years old, as I am 25 myself.
2. No incest or pedophilia.
3. I prefer to write 3-5 paragraphs per response (unless we're doubling or there is a big scene, in which case it will naturally be more). I don't like one-liners, and I don't have the energy to constantly write 1,000+ word posts.
4. Have decent grammar and spelling.
5. Be LGBTQA+ friendly.
6. Again, be understanding about my schedule.
7. Be willing to roleplay on RPnation or Discord.
8. Let's have fun! At the end of the day, this is just a hobby, and I want it to be fun for both of us. You are always welcome to suggest changes, give ideas, etc. And if you want to stop roleplaying for whatever reason, that's totally okay too.

Plots
(I'm open to doing pairings of any gender/sexuality, and these plots are open to change. We can do romance or platonic relationships, and if you prefer to double, then I can do that too! I prefer our main characters to be 18+ years old.)

A group of people travel the world to investigate cryptid legends. They post everything to their popular YouTube channel, and they recently even started selling merchandise. However, as charismatic and passionate as they seem on camera, the truth is they’re all deniers. They don’t actually believe cryptids exist for a second. Then one day, after finishing filming, they head to the unkempt hotel they plan to stay the night. There begins a series of odd experiences that makes them question everything they know…

For an unknown reason, cryptid activity seems to follow a tired college student. They couldn’t care less about the unholy screeches at night or the little creatures watching with unblinking eyes—it’s been happening for so long that the novelty has long since worn off. One day a classmate, who is an excitable cryptid enthusiast, notices the strange events, and they make it their mission to stay glued to the tired student’s side in order to record everything. Eventually others join the wild ride that is their monster-riddled college experience.

Team Skull are known as misfits and troublemakers, so it’s no wonder that the police insist nurses don’t help them. B has just finished their nurse training but can’t find a job opening. While traveling to yet another island they come across A, a Team Skull member with a severely injured Pokemon. Even though B knows they're not supposed to, B helps them. A mentions that Team Skull needs a healer and, although B has reservations about it, B decides to take them up on the offer. But of course B has no idea what they're really getting into when it comes to Team Skull shenanigans.

Popular superheroes, as well as some supervillains, are basically celebrities. Some have secret identities while others don't. One of the most famous villains in the city also has a sidekick, A. A likes the spotlight, but they don't thrive in it like their superior does, and that's why they still have a secret identity. Meanwhile, also living in that city is a weak but goodhearted hero and their sidekick, B. B isn't very strong yet either, but they have great potential and get stronger every day. B hasn't bothered with a secret identity because no one notices them anyway. A and B soon cross paths. We can come up with ideas for how that happens and what goes on afterward. Bonus points if A and B's superiors are like surrogate parents to them.

A middle-aged retired superhero now lives a mundane, peaceful life. The new generation of heroes has things covered, and there really is no need for an older hero with old-fashioned values anymore. Then by chance they run into their old arch nemesis, a retired supervillain who's surprisingly friendly considering their past. The villain points out that there's no need to be enemies when they're both out of the business--but then the villain admits to being frustrated with regular life and needing to do something. Take a spontaneous trip across the world, screw with politicians, rob a bank, anything. While the hero understands their feelings, they can't just let the villain run amok. Cue the unlikely pair throwing on their old suits and finding a way to make themselves feel alive again.

After a long, hard journey, the medieval world has been saved by its chosen one, Character A. They defeated the darkness and saved the king’s heir, Character B. Naturally everyone believes there is nothing more romantic than saving the damsel in distress, including A and B’s families--who promptly arrange for the two to get married. It sounds like a perfect start to their happily ever after, right?

Nope. Character A is actually aromantic, and Character B isn’t interested in A that way. Not to mention they’re both struggling to adjust to normal life. There are different possibilities for how this could go: they could pretend to love each other without realizing the other is faking, know that neither wants the marriage but deal with it, or even pretend that there’s a new sudden prophecy that they must leave for IMMEDIATELY so no time for marriage yet! Naturally B can have love interest(s) along the way, and A can form platonic relationships.

Character A is a new recruit at a vampire hunter academy. Things are great at first--then students start getting attacked by an unknown vampire. One night Character A, who has been asked to gather supplies, opens a closet to find Character B, an injured vampire. Character B claims innocence and begs for their life. They also explain that the attacker is an ancient, ruthless vampire that only Character B knows how to stop. So Character A agrees to hide them until they can defeat the ancient enemy.

I don't have a full plot for this one. I just love the idea of someone desperate who needs a hostage for whatever reason--a rich person to ransom, someone who knows/seen too much, etc. The kidnapper succeeds. But here's the thing: the kidnapper doesn't realize that the hostage is actually much stronger than them and let it happen. Perhaps the hostage wanted to see what it was like to be a damsel in distress, they wanted an easy way out of their life situation, or they just thought it would be hilarious to taunt the kidnapper for a while.

Thank you for reading! If you're interested, you can PM me or leave a comment below.

thread pic 2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello! I'm interested in the "I kidnapped you" plot in the kidnapper position or "Lights, Cameras, Superpowers!" In the villainous sidekick part, if those plots are open and youre interested, please PM :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back