• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom It's Not the Destination...

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

BlossomingRosebud

But setting marshmallows on fire is fun
BEACON ACADEMY

Oriana Sterlyn has been missing for five days now. Her disappearance was perplexing, to say the least, to her teammates; there was no note, no indication, no clues. Her stuff was gone; that was one thing. But then again, Oriana didn't come with much, to begin with. She could have easily been carrying her one bag for some other reason, but what? Everything seemed fine. There were no fights. Oriana got along well with her teammates, even if she was rather quiet. All they know is that they went to bed together that night, and in the morning, she was gone.

Robyn Anwar and Korin Hart are all that's left of team ROCK. A team of first years, their other teammate, Copper, left a few months in. Got injured one too many times, and figured he just wasn't cut out as a huntsman. That was one thing, but now...this happens, and they're not so sure it was just because Oriana decided to up and leave. Something had to have happened to her. And they're not sticking around to wait to find out. They're leaving. They will find her, on their own if they have to, but as it turns out, they won't be.

Third year teams KCLV and TERA had been friends of theirs for a while now. When Oriana went missing, they went to them first to ask if they knew anything of her whereabouts. They didn't. After days passed, and nothing happened, ROCK announced their intentions to leave, and their friends insisted on coming along, mostly because they were afraid these first years were going to get themselves killed if they didn't. Leaving in the middle of the year is not ideal...but it's almost semester break, anyways. They have time, perhaps.

They set off from the Beacon campus Saturday morning. They don't have many leads. They don't even know where Oriana came from; she just never said. They did, however, get one lead: her acceptance letter, acquired from Beacon through less than rule-abiding means, but acquired all the same. According to it, she went to Sanctum Academy before this; that will be where they will begin.

"Why are we here Robyn? Why are we all here? Does anyone honestly think Oriana just randomly decided to run away to her previous combat school?"
The fact that two of their teammates were now gone was a mixture of confusion, anger, sadness and hopelessness.
Why was this even happning? it didn't make sense. They weren't even a proper team anymore. Were they supposed to just carry on with 2 members? No Korin was tired of this bullshit. Beacon could wait. They needed their team back together and that was what was important.
"Sigh how do explain outselves when we enter the academy and people start asking questions?"

Robyn Anwar | 17 | Light Arrows

"I— I don't know yet," Robyn admitted. Everything was a blur: Orianna's disappearance, their distress, their departure... There was one thing that stood above the rest, however, and that was her resolve to find the missing teammate. "But none of this seems right; Orianna would have told us if she was leaving for good. She would have picked up her scroll! What if she's in trouble? We can't just leave her out there! But... we have no clues, and her old school is all we got. I'm not saying she's there, I'm just saying she might be from there. Maybe there's family? Clues? Just...something."

Korin was probably right, but Robyn was too stubborn to admit it. This was the only lead they had, so it had to be important...right?

Fiyero Vertillano | 20 | Dealbreaker | Feather Dance

Fiyero was a bit worried about Oriana. After all, the first year team was one of their friends despite the age difference between the team and theirs. So when she disappeared and the group went to them to ask about her. When the team started to get more worried, Fiyero offered to get her acceptance letter from the Academy. It wasn't too difficult since he helped out the teachers frequently and with his past, he was able to nab it and give it to the group.

And now, there they were, leaving school to find Oriana by going to Sanctum Academy.

"So we're going to start off with Sanctum. It's going to be difficult to sneak in to ask about her, but maybe we can pull it off by saying we're sent on a mission about it." The faunus suggested as he placed his hands inside his pockets. "If not, well, someone must know about her." Mistral was a very big place but they could start off by asking around the area of the Academy. Ideally, her family or some of her previous friends lived around that place. Hopefully.

Sable | 19 | Formidable | Danger Sense

Sable took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she rested her chin on her fingertips. She was just thinking, just normally, as one would generally do in a situation such as this, if you had the occasion. However, sometimes, thinking made it worse. This was probably a bad idea, but, well, there was no turning back now.

She sat on a crate, waiting around with everybody else on the docks until a ship arrived with their intended destination. The guy who worked here told them an hour. That should give them plenty of time to debate on all the nothing they had.

"Yeah, we can hope," Sable nodded to her teammate, Fiyero, while casting a few concerned glances to Robyn and Korin as they talked. They seemed distressed, but, well, who wouldn't be? She was distressed, and this wasn't even her teammate! But then again, she did know Oriana. She was a friend. And, she really did want to help. "If anything, we could at least find out who her friends and family are. Right now, we don't even have that."

She leaned back again against the empty air and sighed. "You don't think anyone's going to notice you nabbed the acceptance letter, do you?" she glanced back at Fiyero with a dry look. "I mean, don't get me wrong; I'm glad you got it, but I'd rather we didn't get it trouble over it. Should we make a copy, or...?"

Granted, they didn't by any means have the time, but it sure didn't stop Sable from thinking about it.

Lacy | F | Sealing/Summoning | Cards

"Robyn is right." Lacy said as looked wishfully at a card with candy picture on it. "You are her teammate, we are her friends, yet none of us knows her family. Even Fiyero couldn't find a clue about her family in principal's office, right pal?" She looked up at Fiyero calmly then put the sard back into its deck before shuffling randomly. "So we're going to start off with Sanctum. It's going to be difficult to sneak in to ask about her, but maybe we can pull it off by saying we're sent on a mission about it." The faunus suggested as he placed his hands inside his pockets. "If not, well, someone must know about her." Lacy nodded in response without looking up from her cards. "If not, at least we make sure that Oriana really existed and wasn't our shared illusion." She muttered to herself. She frowned at her cards and put them back into her pocket. "Don't worry about trivial matters, Sable. My cards tell me that Oriana is involved in something strange. I'm not sure if she is in trouble or we are going to be in trouble but a simple letter is nothing in comparison." She told Sable in soft tone. "If we happen to return to Beacon, I'll stand in front of principle and boldly tell him that I needed that letter to help my friend and so I took it." She said to everyone. "Our main issue is getting into Sanctum. We can stay out and meet students of that school in public libraries and coffee shops, if they don't let us in. But if you insist to get in, which is wiser, we can offer a match between students. Like to tell them that we want to see if we are stronger than them. Their pride might make them let us in." She suggested. "Or we can sneak in and search their documents." With this naughty proposal, she smiled at them persuasively.

Sable | 19 | Formidable | Danger Sense

Sable breathed a deep, long-suffering sigh. Yes, the cards. That sure would make for a good argument to the headmaster. Now, don't get her wrong, she did have trust for her teammate, but Lacy...she was also a definite optimist. It's not like that was a bad thing, per se, but...well...that didn't mean this was going to go well. She was quite certain that Headmaster Ozpin would have their hide regardless of how this went, but it was okay, because she was ready to do it anyways.

"Well, as leader, Kai's going to have to be the one to talk to him..." she repeated Lacy's soft tones to her before speaking into the general conversation. "Yeah, we do certainly need a plan. But should we really go challenging the students, though? That'll attract a lot of attention to ourselves. Honestly, I'm hoping to somehow be able to talk to some of the teachers. There might be someone who knew her. Of course...we could talk to the students, too. Her graduating class we wouldn't be able to see, but there might have been younger students who knew her."

Would there be, though? Oriana was awfully quiet, as far as Sable knew her. Didn't really seem to type to socialize with a lot of people. But...they could hope. Perhaps for her skill alone, she might have made an impression on the teachers.

Fiyero Vertillano | 20 | Dealbreaker | Feather Dance
Fiyero shook his head. "I just had enough time to get the acceptance later. I couldn't get much more." Besides, the dossier of information would be even more noticeable to be missing than the acceptance letter - which was something that was inserted somewhere but wasn't exactly looked for most of the time. "Anyway, finding someone is enough for now. We could always do another meeting once we have enough information to track her down." He pointed out with a dismissive wave of his hand. There wasn't much they could discuss about what to look for because any clue or relation would be enough to make them happy. It would certainly make him happy enough because that meant they would have a lead. The only thing they had was an acceptance letter and that wasn't exactly the most informative thing in the world that depicted Oriana.

"Of course someone's gonna find out. If they notice a hair outta place, they're bound to see what was taken. But we can't do anything about it now. It's right here with us with less than an hour before we leave. I can't make a copy and put it back before all that." He'd always been very frank with his talks. His reassurance came in the form of the truth - and potential ways to get around it. That's how he's always been. He then let out a light laugh and he waved his hand. "Aw come on guys, you don't have to do that Sable. Kai doesn't have to do anything too. I'll talk to the Headmaster and just admit to it. What's the worst thing they can do? Kick me out?" Sure, he wasn't going to be able to finish his hunter training but finding Oriana was going to take precedence over his career. He could always go rogue after all. He wouldn't be too opposed to that - and it would mean that his teammates wouldn't have to get in trouble too. It was a win-win situation. It would be a shame, but it's the better option.

"Yeah, I am not gonna pick a fight while we're out. We're still Beacon students and if we get in trouble..." Fiyero didn't have to say anything else for them to understand what he meant, surely. He ran a hand through his hair as his wings stretched - a sign of him feeling some form of stress. "Maybe they would be able to see reason if we just ask them because Oriana is missing? Surely, they care for one of their graduates..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back