• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom It's Not the Destination... (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

BlossomingRosebud

But setting marshmallows on fire is fun
Place to chat amongst ourselves about all things concerning the RP! Or not! Getting off topic can be fun too, sometimes... ^_^

Hey, so, I realize I totally didn't specify this before so I might as well put it here...randomizer for who gets to be the leaders of these teams? Unless y'all prefer me to pick favorites? XD

Last edited:
I'll be down with randomizing for the leaders. Unless, I guess, someone fits the bill of the leader?

Heyo. I accidentally made yet another red character, but.... I was too lazy to redraw my charrie if y'all catch my drift

Alright now, democracy time! The question was raised as to when in the school year we're talking that our group is going to set out during, and since I'm unsure, I figured we'd vote. So, shall it be...

a) The beginning
b) The middle somewhere
c) The middle, before semester break
or...
d) The end of the school year, towards exams?

I'm voting for C myself.

Gives enough time for the first years to have adjusted and made friends with the one who disappeared and the third years have ample time to themselves.

D is sounding pretty good to. Either or is fine with me.

Let's be nice and say C, so we get that good drama, but our merry band of students don't necessarily fail themselves

Alright now, by the way, MattS asked a couple of days ago how combat was going to work for this play. I wasn't originally planning on any specific system...however, when me and TheBlackLion got to talking about it, we thought it might be fun to actually have something, and since we both dabble in programming, it seemed like a decent idea to make a code for it. So here goes:

The idea is that we go light dice roll, weighted with a touch of randomness approach. Every character could have its 'stats', numbers representing their strengths, skills, and weaknesses--with maybe a factor or two thrown in for their health/energy level at the time. Enemies would also have numbers assigned to them. These numbers will influence the results, although there will be some level of chance, except for some cases where the opponent is so easy there's a 0% chance of losing--low-level Grimm, for instance. Then, when the characters are about to make these encounters, we'll run the numbers and let everyone know in the OOC thread how this is going to go: win or lose. Or, that is, you walk away unscathed, scathed, or you get yourself kidnapped by bandits. No one will die this way, of course! And you can choose your injuries. If you by any chance want to kill off a character, that's all your choice. Don't think that would be a factor for this particular roleplay, though.

So...the idea! We thought, if you want, everyone could choose their own 'stats'. Say, a 1-10 ranking of...
--Strength
--Agility
--Intelligence
--Skill (e.g. technique, marksmanship)
With a sum total that doesn't go higher than say, 25. And we would code that in. As well as factors for the type of damage you deal.

Now, this is just an idea! We're open to input! Would you rather have something slightly different, or totally different? Do you want to just talk it out once the battle begins? Please let us know!

I honestly don't have an opinion. Do whatever you want or seems most fun.

I however haven't any idea how dice rolling would work. i'm aware that rpn has a dice feature or atleast so I've heard but I don't know anything about it.

I'm all go for using dice, but I'm not very well versed with it either.

It looks good to me so far though.

Yeah, it's true, I'm not really thinking dice in any hard-core fashion--this isn't a dice-roll rpg, per se--just more using a touch of random as a method to make things interesting. Like, weighted to be realistic, but still not predictable. If we did it this way, it would be only to churn out the outcome of a fight before we write it.

Hi, yes, I'm actually working on it right now! Sorry for the wait; meant to do it earlier today but got busy. It's after midnight where I'm at; I'll probably go to bed soon but I'll see if I can throw something up

Alright guys, here's the thing! Whoo! *throws confetti* Sorry it took me so long; these past few days have been insane; I'm not even kidding. Got a flat Tuesday night, and everything just got backed up from there. Like, no, I'm not kidding, I actually got a flat. But anyhow, here goes. All of the leaders were randomly chosen, and names got formulated from there. If you want anything changed, please let me know:

----
BEACON ROSTER

ROCK [Team Rock]
Robyn Anwar | Oriana Sterlyn | Copper Gargery (dropped out) | Korin Hart

KCLV [Team Clover]
Kai Darkus | Sable Coll | Lacy | Fiyero Vertillano

TERA [Team Terra]
Terrance Gaela | Ember Mwindo (deceased) | Rosalina Apuleius (deceased) | Akiio Stonehaert

-------------------------------------------------------
QUESTERS:

ROCK
--Robyn Anwar | F | Light Arrows | Solis Arcus: bow / dust blaster / staff | TheBlackLion
--Korin Hart | F | Teleportation | Dieritter: pistol / combat knife| SomebodyElse

KCLV
--Kai Darkus | M | Shadow Conversion | Massacre and Grace: gauntlets w/ dust sprayers | SomebodyElse
--Sable Coll | F | Danger Sense | Formidable: sniper rifle / heavy blaster | BlossomingRosebud
--Lacy | F | Sealing/Summoning | Cards | Believing Heart
--Fiyero Vertillano | M | Feather Dance | Dealbreaker: compound bow / double blades | AI10100

TERA
--Akiio Stoneheart | F | Sage Instinct | Emerald Fang: katana | DarknessSama17
--Terrance Gaela | M | Terraform | claymore / heavy machine gun | MattS

----
ALLIES
--Jonathan Gaela | M | Professional Huntsman | Pack Leader | Loki: staff / interchangeable multifunctional blades / chain | MattS

Last edited:
Oh yeah, by the way, I mentioned in the opening post that the group gets a hold of Oriana's acceptance letter to find out which academy she went to before this. This, I imagine, might not exactly be free information? I'm basically picturing that some member of the group hacks/steals this, so if you want that to be your character, please mention, if you so desire! First come first serve ;)

Sure, I can have Fiyero steal the acceptance letter from the archives. I imagine he helped out every now and then for some extra pocket money, maybe he could nabbed it then?

Sure, I can have Fiyero steal the acceptance letter from the archives. I imagine he helped out every now and then for some extra pocket money, maybe he could nabbed it then?
Yeah, sure thing! Would certainly be a fun way for our third-years to help out ;) But yeah, if you could just write that into your post, that'd be great!

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse BlossomingRosebud BlossomingRosebud MJ ._. MJ ._. AI10100 AI10100 DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17 MattS MattS

Yo guys! I'm wrote up the code that will simulate battles and such, if y'all wanted to know. (It's C# btw). The numbers assigned to each Fighter is strength, agility, intelligence, and skill in that order. The first years have a lower point total than the third years. If y'all have any problems with the stats I gave, let me know! I just kinda slapped them all in there based on your sign ups, so I can test out the code.

BattleSimulator_Page_1.jpgBattleSimulator_Page_2.jpgBattleSimulator_Page_3.jpgBattleSimulator_Page_4.jpgBattleSimulator_Page_5.jpgBattleSimulator_Page_6.jpgBattleSimulator_Page_7.jpg

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse BlossomingRosebud BlossomingRosebud MJ ._. MJ ._. AI10100 AI10100 DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17 MattS MattS

Yo guys! I'm wrote up the code that will simulate battles and such, if y'all wanted to know. (It's C# btw). The numbers assigned to each Fighter is strength, agility, intelligence, and skill in that order. The first years have a lower point total than the third years. If y'all have any problems with the stats I gave, let me know! I just kinda slapped them all in there based on your sign ups, so I can test out the code.

Ayup, Fiyero's stats look pretty accurate to me. Great job on that. I can see all that effort put in that even if I can't understand exactly how it works because I'm hopeless at coding.

Cheers to you mate.

Hey guys! So...I realized I was totally unspecific as to where exactly spatially our characters are right now...how does the docks sound? They just left the academy; they're waiting on a ship to get them to Mistral. Give them a chance to talk and stuff. How does that sound?

And by the way, TheBlackLion TheBlackLion , thanks again for taking the lead with the code! 'Tis quite beautiful ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back