• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom It's just a FAYZ

Where do we want this set?

• Cannon location with Cannon characters and OC's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cannon location with just OC's

• New location with Cannon characters and OC's

• New location with just OC's

• Total voters

Allcure

The One and Only
For those of you who didn't jump out of their seat as they recognised the title, filled with joy and excitement now a Gone RP has finally arrived, allow me to explain. Gone is the first in a series of novels by Michael Grant, detailing the exploits of several children as they struggle to survive in a world without adults. The absence of adults is due to a large, impenetrable and seemingly electrified sphere completely surrounding a small Californian town and the surrounding countryside. As soon as the dome appeared, everyone over the age of 15 seemingly disappeared leaving hundreds of kids within the dome to fend for themselves. Now if this wasn't bad enough some have developed supernatural powers and abilities, some useless, some deadly. It seems the mutations aren't restricted to humans either as some animals to undergo some startling changes, coyotes learning to talk and worms capable of swarming a person and burrowing through their very flesh. Two main camps arise within the FAYZ as they go on to struggle through famine, disease and conflict between those empowered and the far more numerous regular people.

Now for this RP I intend to begin in the same circumstances as the book and while some familiar problems will arise I plan to take it into a completely different direction. You can choose to play as one of the original characters from the books or invent your own OC. Also just because I'm incapable of RPing kids I'm raising the age to 17. Finally if you do decide to invent your OC remember that, Excluding the creator of the FAYZ, the two most powerful abilities are telekinesis and light manipulation, so any OC ability must be on a par or below these.

Haven't read all of the series, but this looks cool and fun and I would love to join if you would have me.

Damn, it's been so long since I've read the books, and I haven't even finished the series since Grant came out with the newest editions!

But hell, this sounds amazing, I'm totally interested.

Will every player character be a mutant kid? Or is it possible to play normal kids as well?

Glad to have you, and no of course not, you can play a cannon freak, cannon regular or make your own freak or regular.

I plan on keeping this kind of small, so looking for one more Rper then I'll make the thread :D

So I'm playing around with some ideas and i want opinions.

I'm trying to figure out how to introduce new characters to the story and I have come up with a few ideas. The first is that i invent a new location within the FAYZ, such as a summer camp or even like a juvenile detention facility, in which OC characters can begin. Or another much more simple idea is that we just merge them into existing locations and friendship groups. Let me know which one you prefer or suggest a new idea entirely :)

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes (x 3.14)

I'm rereading the series now (on Plague), and oh my god yes.

And on the subject of ideas for how to make it different: We could just make a whole new location. Same cause (Gaiaphage hits nuclear reactor, some kids get super powers), similar population (I recommend closer to 500), and similar conflict (some kids at a private school or otherwise 'different' (A Juvy-type place would make sense).

The only problem would be figuring out what caused it in replacement of what caused it in the books (That character who I'm not going to name in case of spoilers).

Edit: Why this would be a good thing is that it would allow our characters to be completely independent from the characters of the book.

i have interest in this never read the books sadly so i'll go get cliff notes version of it

"For those of you who didn't jump out of their seat as they recognised the title, filled with joy and excitement now a GoneRP has finally arrived." OK that might describe what I did just a little. I looked at the name, and for half a second I didn't recognise it and then I suddenly went from 'Meh' to 'Oh my God yes give me this I need it'

I would be prefer to play Caine, or an OC that's in his group from Coates. But really I'll probably play any character because I need this RP in my life.

Ahaha awesome, stopped getting notifications from this so was about to bump but i think we have enough for mw to start a thread. Just got back from work though so might be a couple hours, in the mean time i will try and sort out a CS for you guys and will start a poll for the location.

@Homage yeah i had that idea and even spent a decent amount of time on google maps trying to gind a fun one. Think i concluded it would have to be a fictio al place so if there are any location suggestions let me know :)

Well if we follow the rules of the Fayz it is 10 miles from the epicenter in every direction, doesn't rain ever, and evolution is significantly accelerated.

So I would argue that we could have a Perdido Beach type area, with a lake a ways away, a nuclear reactor, and some sort of cave leading to the Gaiaphage.

With those three things in mind we could decide how big the town itself is, what kind of places are near it (like Coates, Clifftop, or the National Park), and decide what to call the town.

Don't post here but you can work on them while I try and sort out a thread

OC Submission Sheet

Name:

Sexuality:

Appearance:

Personality:

Skills and achievements:

Fatal Flaw:

Regular or Freak:

Powers and level (1-4 bars, think phone signal):

Family:

Friends:

(For the last two, leave them blank until all the Oc's are submitted, then I want you to discuss possible connections between OC's, such as classmates or siblings to sort of cement our characters a bit so that they aren't all the new kids on the block... Unless of course you want to be the new kid on the block)

Cannon Character Submission Sheet

Character:

Sample post (Just to check you are capable of accurately portraying the character):

In case you're doing reservation or anything, I'd quite like to be Caine please. How long would you like the writing sample to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back