• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern It's All Fun and Games: Episode 1: Pilot: "Baptism by Fire"

Characters
Here
“Don’t worry...” Ashley nodded. “I wasn’t expecting company before. But I can style a dress.”

She figured he was referring to the tool kit that she had, but the idea that the police would start patrolling all the homeless sections was a bit far fetched. They wouldn’t go that far would they?

Ashley remained somewhat active in her classes. Staron always had a face like he’d rather be anywhere else. Ashley use to think it meant going out with his friends but now she knew better. He was just like her. A thrill seeker that couldn’t be satisfied with just a few friends.

School might not be that interesting, but there were always little facts or stories that interested her. Things that could later on be used in her own experiments should the desire arise.

During one of the class transitions, she noticed Bay sitting by herself and lightly tapped her on the shoulder. “Hey Bay, I know you think you don’t need help, but my Daddy’s shelters are always open for you. You only need to ask.”

With that, she smiled and walked off. She needed to find Staron soon.

Dezz Dezz GlitchQueen GlitchQueen

Detective Jack Hernandez

Victim:
Richie Elwood

Cause of death: Burned to death
Personal notes: A homeless man, with a rough past. Quite an alcoholic but can control to an extent. Poor geezer probably have lost so much already. Burned to death by live fire execution, one of the worst ways to go out. Given the fact that he is alcoholic may have also made his execution a lot faster. Alcohol is known to be quite flammable in high heat temperatures. Not only he received third degree burns on the outside, he's all crisp up in the inside too if he did partake alcohol that night. If my hypothesis is correct, not only that the victim was most likely burned to death but the given fact that his body was also tampered with in another physical way is another proof that he was probably tortured before his execution. No valuables were lost during the crime. Maybe as expected as the Homeless don't have much to lose and have limited resources that could benefit the suspects. So robbery isn't likely the motive. So, what is it? Is there some kind of personal grudge against Richie? Is there a deranged gang terrorizing under this bridge? Was there a hired killer? Unlikely but a possibility. Perhaps a serial killer is my best guess. The murder weapon used against the victim is a can of gasoline found near his makeshift tent. This what the obvious way he died. The gasoline's brand is well known to be affordable, anyone could show up holding this can. The fact that he was murdered by children sounded really unbelievable but given the evidence of their foot prints in the crime scene made a possibility that are suspects are quite young. Those shoe size are like to be an adult's foot size. Although, i require a more solid evidence regarding this. After all finding out who the suspect is my primary objective as a detective. In regards of the local witnesses's statement is that they actually saw two mysteriously black hooded passing by and arguing with one another, perhaps before the murder as they only said what they saw.

Till then i still need a an official confirmation from these locals in regards of Mr. Elwood's murder. Another thing that has caught the investigation team's eye is the word's "Paradise Country Club" scrawled over a piece of hardwood caught my attention too. Is this just some random thing scrawled over wood? Or something else? Perhaps this is a name of the group who killed victim? This could mean anything but just to be sure i will take note of this one. I feel sorry for Mr. Elwood's own companion, Bay. Perhaps she probably haven't heard this incident if she were i would not be surprise. I may have to meet this young lady soon to tell her about her guardian's death and investigate a bit further about Richie Elwood.

Jack stood still like a frozen statue, quietly observing and taking mental note of the investigation and crime scene. He could not help place his shades back in his face and turn away to the crime scene to question a few witnesses.

"Even took a trophy for themselves, ey? Whoever these suspects are it seems like they are perhaps, maybe killing for sport. Sounds crazy and i highly doubt that. Thank you officer, that's all i need for now. You too doc." He turned to them before he start to walk towards the restricted yellow line with hands in his pocket. The cup he had earlier was thrown to the nearby trash on his way to the lines. He could already see the un-containable press trying swoop in for the daily scoop and knows that they are coming for him next. If he were to ask the witnesses he has to get straight to the point.

"Good morning, both of you. I am Detective Jack. I am the one conducting this investigation and i have a question for both of you fellas." Jack made his statement simple before moving on to the main question. He swiftly pulled out his detective's badge hidden in his formal vest, as he made his introduction.

"Can tell me something about the murder that occurred here? I heard you two have an idea in regards of this murder. I want to hear a confirmation." He aksed with a sincere tone in his voice as he rested his hand on his fluffy man beard. After hearing the what the witnesses has to say about the murder. His head was forced to turn as he heard a woman's voice calling him out. It was a reporter coming out from the group of people whom are all from the press. This one was special. Going an extra mile to question the detective himself. He had no choice but to entertain this reporter.

"That's me. Is there anything i can help you with today, Miss Spencer?" He said in a professional tone and manner as looked down to the blonde woman. Jack quickly got a hold of the blonde woman's name despite the noise and distance, he again shown his detective's badge out of habit as he raised the police line up for the woman to enter through, while blocking everyone else from entering, giving her an exclusive pass. He hates talking in distances.

"Come in." He said.

GhastlySquash GhastlySquash Lizy Lizy

As Elise pushed through the crowd she heard bits of information. Things about the man burning to death, and he was a drunk, but what most stuck out was a name- Bay Elwood. She overheard that she went to the rich uptown school. Elise made a mental note to check that out for a potential interview. The detective had noticed her and raised up the police line so she could walk under it. She was slightly surprised, but glad, that the man didn't put up a fight about speaking to her. Usually officials didn't speak to the press this early on.

"Thank you," she said, stepping under the tape. Before she went on with asking about specific information she needed an initial comment from Detective Hernandez. "What's your comment on the death of Richie Elwood?" she questioned, hoping he would give up more information just as easily as he let her in.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Staron found himself pushing through a light crowd at the end of the day. The kids were rowdy and noisy, and he couldn't help but notice some poor kid getting beaten by a football player. A small grin formed but this was ultimately low stakes for him.

He quickly moved to the front of the crowd and in a moment of clarity he found the right moment in the chaos.

"Blake, you big asshole. Stop making yourself feel better about getting cut from the varsity team before the big homecoming game. It's not our fault you're stupid."

The crowd went silent. Staron was well known by the students and this was a bit out of character for what they expected out of the handsome popular type.

Blake turned towards Staron and walked right up to him. Without so much as a small flinch, Blake picked up Staron by his collar.

"All of your riches, looks, and friends don't mean shit to someone like me, kid." Blake barked in Staron's face. Instinct kicked in as Staron swung his left fist at Blake's face.

Blake caught it with a lumbering motion and turned back to look Staron in the eyes. As he put more and more pressure on the closed fist, Staron felt searing pain begin to rise in him. Blake was crushing his hand.

The crowd began to react angrily, shoving Blake and yelling at him go let Staron go. When the height of the frenzy reached a breaking point, Blake dropped Staron, causing him to stumble backwards onto his butt.

"Screw the lot of ya." Blake moaned and shoved through the crowd roughly, heading out the front door.

The rest of the crowd gathered around Staron, who was tearing up on the floor holding his left hand. He slowly looked up and in a broken voice murmured, "you alright, buddy?". The crowd looked over at the beaten boy. The younger kid responded to this by giving him a weakened thumbs up. The crowd started to disperse now that most of the action was effectively over.

As the detective was about to leave, the officer flagged him down. “That box of matches that you found is from Paradise right? I know the joint. Fancy country club up in the hills, detective.”

When he saw him lift the caution tape for the reporter, he rolled his eyes. “Really? Must be boning her to be allowing reporters on crime scenes now...” The officer wasn’t a fan of reporters, mainly because he felt the media always had to sensationalize everything. He was ready to read another report on how the police department was allowing merciless thugs assault innocent bystanders in the street. The spread of terror across the city and the eventual protests that always followed.

When Hernandez approached the two hobos, it was the younger of the two that stepped forward. “The names Ellis Howard sir. And yeah, I saw those monsters.”

He shook his head. “They weren’t human, that’s for sure. Monsters. Downright cackling when they kicked poor Elwood. We were drinking I think...Elwood said Bay was studying up at the library. Then that night I heard them arguing with each other over his body. He was moaning.”

“Than they started laughing, kicking him. And one of them pulled out a bucket and started pouring stuff all over him. The other one lit a match and said something to him before tossing it.”

Ellis shook his head. “Old Bob there don’t speak but he can confirm that we both saw.”

As if on cue, Bob made a grunt and nodded his head.

“I swear I ain’t never heard something like this before.

Dezz Dezz

Ashley heard the commotion in the hallway and turned to see Blake bullying yet another loser in his way. If he wasn't so open about it, Ashley wondered if Staron would approach him too. He was in the same circles as they were. And even worse, he was known to flirt with just about any girl he could get his sweaty hands on, including Ashley herself.

When Staron approached him, however, Ashley's spine tingled as she expected him to outline their entire plot right then and there in the middle of the school. Thankfully, what ended up happening was Staron throwing a punch at Blake and Blake, obviously, breaking his arm.

As the two stood in a deadlock, people began to push the two around until Blake was chased off by the other kids.

Waiting until the coast was clear, she ran over to Staron's side, picking him up by his arm. "Staron! Oh my god are you alright? We should get you and Tyler to the nurses station."

By now, a few students were helping the other kid, Tyler, to his feet.

"Th-thanks Staron." He muttered, avoiding Ashley's gaze. In times like this, Ashley took it upon herself to take the injured back to the station. It was almost expected and one of the few things she genuinely enjoyed doing. After all, it was interesting to see what kind of bruises her classmates could sustain. Tyler himself had suffered far worse from Blake before and it was always fascinating to see what he'd pull through next.

Bay stayed seated in the hallway after Ashley came up to her and talked to her about a shelter. When Ashley walked away, she rolled her eyes and sighed. "I don't need anyone's help," she mumbled to herself. "Can you just stop complaining? You do need help. You're broke and you have nowhere to stay that's really safe. Stay at one of the shelters or with Staron. Oh, Staron is your best bet though. You're basically a fugitive and last time I checked, cops don't just randomly burst into a rich person's house at night. Why? Because they don't do shit... usually," the voice inside her said.

Bay was about to respond when out of nowhere, two boys came running down the hallway screaming, "Fight!" Bay got up out of curiosity and followed them. She saw Staron with this other guy. The guy was holding Staron by his collar and then out of nowhere, Staron swung, but the guy caught it and started crushing Staron's fist. "He can easily break a few fingers if he'd just grab his fingers from his other hand and pull them roughly to the side. That would allow him time to get away," the voice said in my head. "Shut up," I mumble.

Suddenly, Staron was released because the crowd of people ganged up on the other guy. Then Ashley came through the crowd offering to take Staron and another guy I hadn't noticed until now, to the nurse's office. I followed them.

Dezz Dezz
GhastlySquash GhastlySquash

Staron leaned on Ashley, taking his time to really look vulnerable in the moment. Between his limps he caught Bay following slowly behind.

"Thanks, Ash. You're always helping out people who need it." His glance went over to Tyler, who was clearly struggling to walk with them. He moved to lightly put his fist on Tyler's chest.

"You're a strong man, Tyler. Physical strength isn't all that's out there. People like Blake are weak in the mind so they have to compensate for it using their brute strength. It's hard to find sympathy for guys like him since they cause so much outward pain, but I think being able to find the best in people is the way our world can advance."

As then entered the nurses office, Staron took out his phone and made a quick call. His family had a private doctor and surgeon who would be able to look at Staron's left hand.

"Thanks Ash - I think I'm going to see what my doctor has to say." He pulled her in close, almost intimately. "Don't think I'm going to miss our date. I'd hate to leave a beautiful girl like you waiting." He turned and winked at Tyler, a sly smile coming over his mouth as if to say can you believe I just said that to this girl?

Detective Jack Hernandez

Before Jack came to attend other businesses he have. He was called by the officer earlier, bearing important information. "Thanks, i'll make sure to give a good check. Also would you kindly assign an official to safely extract that matchbox and matchstick near the victim in a plastic custody bag. I need as evidence. Please, do the same one the gas can too. It could serve as a potential evidence too officer." He demanded in a sincere manner before moving to his last request.

"Oh, if also possible to tell the forensics team to give me a copy of all their captured photos that will serve as evidence. I need for the investigation. Thank you officer." With a blunt tone, Jack left the officer be with his requests for evidence.

Returning back to his usual business. Jack returned to the two homeless witnesses who claimed that they saw the suspects red handed in the crime scene. Jack had this blank stare through his sunglasses as he looked down to the witnesses as they explained the incident.

Ellis Howard

“They weren’t human, that’s for sure. Monsters. Downright cackling when they kicked poor Elwood. We were drinking I think...Elwood said Bay was studying up at the library. Then that night I heard them arguing with each other over his body. He was moaning.”

“Than they started laughing, kicking him. And one of them pulled out a bucket and started pouring stuff all over him. The other one lit a match and said something to him before tossing it.”
By the sound of the witness's testimony. The suspects are indeed wild and lethal. Uncommon but just plain disturbing to hear about it. To ears of an untrained official these sounded very exaggerated and sounded like fiction but Jack was not in such perspective. Crossing his arms as he listened to his statement. Jack began to throw back a few questions at the witness.

"Thank you, Just to confirm Mister Howard..." He gave a short moment of silence before he began questioning the witness.

"Where were you at the night of the murder? I could say the same for good old Bob here too. I assume that you and Mr. Elwood are drinking buddies perhaps?you even know the about the Bay kid. When you said that they were arguing, the suspects i assume based on your testimony that Bat Elwood was studying at the local library. Did you have the slightest clue or at least heard what they were babbling about? Did you caught a glimpse of what they look like? Reports say that they are masked by given by your statement. It seems that you at least saw the figure's other visible features that you called "Monsters" Were they armed with anything else other than the flammables?" Jacks lines of questions bombarded the witness as the detective himself investigates the testimony Jack crossed his arms as he awaited the answers.

Meanwhile. He lets a reporter of the Daily Look media into the crime scene for who knows why. Jack has been projecting one face throughout the whole morning. When approached and questioned by the reporter. Jack simply looked down on the Reporter as he towered before her. He gave her a solid 15 second silence before he expressed his opinion in regards to the death of the victim, Richie Elwood.

"*Soft sigh* To be honest Ms. Spencer... I am disgusted by this horrible act of crime. He was not stabbed nor shot but burned to death. Even those who have long been working here can still get that sick feeling in the stomach and nightmare fuel in their minds. It's like everyday you see this kind of crime getting committed often but it's not common either but to think someone had the audacity to do this is something i found sickening to think about." This was his last statement. Jack doesn't seem spoke much regarding the murder. In fact, he may be hiding it. Given his angle towards the reporter is blocking the scene of the crime with his large body build. The detective looked down on the reporter awaiting her reaction.

"Say have we met before? Are you new?" He added out of nowhere.

GhastlySquash GhastlySquash Lizy Lizy

Last edited:
Dezz Dezz GlitchQueen GlitchQueen

Ashley waited a few seconds before turning to Bay and giving an audible gasp. “Bay? Can you help us? Tyler has been injured.”

She was getting irritated with the goofball of the school. First she was eavesdropping and now she was intruding? It wasn’t a coincidence that Bay was starting to pay attention just after she was caught by Staron. And the fact that Bay kept showing up out of the bloom only made her more suspicious.

Tyler gave a small nod and sigh as Staron complimented his strength. Deep down, they both knew he wasn’t strong Blake only preyed on the weak, and yet he never touched the truly rich kids in the school. When Staron turned to mention a date with Ashley, Tyler flashed red.

Ashley was a pretty girl after all. “Oh, so you and Ashley are a thing?” It sounded like he was regretting the question as soon as he asked it.

Once the two had entered the nurses office, Ashley turned over to Tyler, giving him a hug.

“It’s okay Ty. You’re pretty strong yourself. Blake’s just a jerk but you shouldn’t let him put you down.” In the end, she did mean it a little bit. Tyler endured a lot of pain and he never broke down. It made her all the more curious to see what would finally make him snap.

By the time school was over, Ashley had been picked up and was heading home. After exchanging pleasantries with her mother, she was off to her room, where she dug through the closet until she found what she was looking for.

A thick black windbreaker with plenty of pockets and black latex gloves. Large work boots and of course her trophy. A cheap vodka bottle that was her reminder of the first experiment.

She’d packed a set of ski goggles and a mask for herself and stowed it away in a duffle bag as she walked towards the meeting place with Staron.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Lizy Lizy

“Me?” Ellis raised a brow. “I was right here sir. I saw it happened. Listen...yeah me and Elwood drank. And...I was a bit drunk myself. Didn’t get a good look at the two. The laughter was like kid laughter, but I’d say two boys probably. Didn’t get a look at their faces. They was wearin’ masks after all.”

Ellis seemed a tad embarassed that he was being asked where he was. In a way, he was furious that he’d be accused of this crime when the real killer was out there.

By the time Jack would return to the station, there would be additional photos of the body, with notes detailing what the examiner had already told him.

On top of that, the recorded statements would also be there as well as photos of the lit match, matchbox, and can of gasoline used in the crime. The shoe print suggested at the very least a young adult male, perhaps two although it was hard to tell.

Other than that, there were no latent fingerprints found except for Elwood’s and Ellis Howard. It appeared Ellis had a taste for the whiskey, while Elwood preferred a bottle of vodka which was missing.

Bay looked up at Ashley when she asked her if she could help. She walked over to Tyler and helped him walk to the office. Bay noticed Ashley and Staron interacting with each other. "They're strange," she said in her mind. The voice in her head gasped and dramatically said, "And in a bad way!" Bay rolled her eyes and told the voice to shut up.

School ended a little while later and Bay decided it was time to go home. Richie. Richie was her home.

She was standing at her locker, gathering her things. She then noticed a note had fallen out. She knelt down to grab it and she opened it. On the inside, there was Staron's address. "I'd recognize this address anywhere. That sneaky bastard" she thought to herself.

Bay slammed her locker shut and walked out the school. She sighed to herself and started walking home. Bay was disappointed in herself. Lately, she hadn't been acting like normal self. She's usually all happy and giggily, not depressed and quiet. That's not one-hundred percent her character.

She sighed and shook her head, deciding that she needed to get back to her old self. "But how?" she asked herself.

Bay was thinking so hard that she hadn't even realized she was right in front of the place she was staying. But there was one problem... Police.

Dezz Dezz

Staron and Tyler spent a bit of time in the nurses before Staron's family doctor showed up. During that time, Staron managed to look at a large, dusty footprint on Tyler's back.

"Do you think he's a size 12 or 13?" he said, chuckling with Tyler. He took his own shoe off, placing it on the mark. It was clearly a bit larger than a size 10, so he could surmise it was around a size 13. He noted that mentally.

The family doctor briskly walked and and nodded to Staron.

"Hit me up later, Ty. You're always welcome at my place." He gave a sincere smile and shook his hand. He left with the doctor wordlessly, as if annoyed at having to spend time with her. She quickly patched up his hand on the way back to their mansion.

"It looks like you have a broken hand, minimum. I'll need my equipment to see the exact extent of the injury. What were you doing to crush your hand this badly?" She mumbled as she continued to look at his hand in detail. It annoyed Staron that she asked a question that was dripping with empathy in a tone that was anything but. He chuckled to himself - remembering he had no right to be bitter about empathy.

"It doesn't matter," Staron groaned, "I have a date tonight."

"A date? You?" The doctor nearly gasped out.

"Yeah - don't try to act too surprised. You know I wouldn't miss it unless I absolutely had to. So we'll take a look at my hand tomorrow."

"B-but Staron this needs-"

"Tomorrow." Staron cut her off curtly. As they pulled into their mansion, Staron paused for a moment. If Bay was about to find out about her guardian, it was a real possibility that she could show up tonight. He knew that he actively asked Ashley out in front of Bay, so him being home would only serve to create more suspicion. He told his butler that if anyone named Bay showed up to let her stay in the guest room next to his.

After that, he got upstairs and fully let out his anguish. His anger was fueled by the pain in his hand. He punched into his bed with his good hand a few times before calming down, realizing that there was another way for him to get true release from his pain.

The games.

He quickly threw on his mask and clothing, this time changing his shoes. He knew the muddy area under the bridge would mean the police have his shoe size down. He smirked as he pulled out a pair of size 13 shoes and put them on. His longer form game had only begun.

"I swear if that girl wears the same damn thing.." Staron murmured under his breath before carefully making his way down from the side of his house and moving towards the meeting spot.

Dezz Dezz

Ashley was leaning behind an alleyway, clad in baggy pants and a burly sweater. As an added measure, she’d wrapped some tape around her breasts to flatten her chest. Her father’s old biker jacket made a nice change to her outfit as she waited for Staron to arrive.

As a note, she usually wore size 10s to hide her actual shoe size of 8. Still, she figured Staron would probably be doing the same thing.

She wasn’t risking anyone spotting her, so she’d left her phone at home and brought an old camcorder. The tapes were untraceable, and allowed a degree of fun without risking the cloud or location being tracked.

“Where is he?” She muttered under the ski mask.

Bay saw cop cars, caution tape, and reporters everywhere. She quickly hid behind a building. Panic sets in as she looks at a coroner's vehicle. Bay bit her lip as she thought about what she should do. "I need to find Richie first," she mumbled to herself. Bay peaked around the building and she started panicking even more the more she looked at all the flashing red and blue lights. What the fuck happened?

Lizy Lizy

Elise nodded, pausing a second to ensure a clean recording of the dialogue she could write in her article. Her expression remained neutral, although she thought the crime sounded gruesome, she didn't let any of her feelings about it show. She looked up at the detective as he asked her a question. If she was bing honest, his large build was a bit intimidating. She didn't let that get to her though. Not when there was a story just within her reach. She raised an eyebrow when the detective asked if he's met her and if she was new. Usually the people she interviewed didn't ask her questions about herself, they typically didn't care.

"No, I can't say we have," Elise responded, "I've been reporting for the paper about a month now. I used to be an intern." She was an intern for about a year before being part of the paid staff. In that year, she got a lot of experience doing the dirty work that no one else wanted to do.

"So, the crime was an arson-homicide?" She asked, assuming it was but needing that information to be officially stated before confirming it.

Staron slowly walked up behind Ashley and grabbed her by the arm. Without a word he pressed a finger to his lips and pointed to his ear. He gave a quick glance around them before come close to her ear.

"Tonight's game involves a bit of luck. We wait in the forest for the first person we think we can knock out with this." He silently lifted the shot full of a mysterious liquid up to Ashley's face. Without another word he began to move towards the woods. His pulse was begging to raise as he thought about the risk they were taking. As long as there was no way to tie their actions back to anything they've done so far, they could continue. The police would start to get wise if they left something stupid like a trophy or pattern. Staron was far too curious to play cat and mouse with some musty old police chief who didn't understand a thing about the game he played.

As they settled into the forest, Staron looked over at Ashley. "You're smart. You know that we made quite the scene under the bridge. I'm sure one of those festering hobos saw our little light show. The police probably have us pegged down to a shoe size and a number. They'll be looking for that at another scene. That's why I have these guys." He lifted his far-too-big shoes out of the mud and pressed it on her leg, testing her patience.

"You're absolutely the only kind of girl I'd have eyes for, you know." He murmured - growing bored with the lack of human activity near the woods. "I have no tolerance for stupidity."

Ashley nearly punched Staron when he grabbed her by the arm. However, she immediately kept quiet when he raised the syringe. The woods would be nice. Quiet and secluded, the kind of place where no one would make a noise.

They were deep into the state park now. Currently, at this time the only people who’d show up here would be drunken teens or the occasional park ranger. Ashley gave a low, guttural grunt when Staron poked her leg with the boots.

“You want me to wear something that’s double my shoe-size? You think the police are looking everywhere. They don’t care about some bum. We could stab him next time and just leave him in the alleyway if that works...”

She jabbed at his broken arm. “Kind of idiotic to risk your arm right now. And as for the flattery.”

Ashley never cared about relationships. She’d managed to get through two years without dating anyone, much to her parent’s subtle dismay. Although she knew if anyone had a super crush on her, it was Tyler.

“Tyler’s head over heels for me and that kind of target practice makes us look like a thing, Staron.” She turned to him. “I’d rather not have my parents start hounding me with questions about you.”

Dezz Dezz

Staron leaned on a nearby tree, cursing himself lightly for allowing his game to be subject to the whims of someone who could be so careless about her actions. After a moment he turned to Ashley and glared into her eyes, as if to assess something.

After she jabbed at his arm, Staron recoiled his hand. "It wasn't my arm, Ash. Just the hand." He looked forlorn at his hand, but then glanced back at her.

"Also, don't lie. I'm just the kind of guy your parents would die to have you bring home." Staron said, pretending to mope. Suddenly the sound of a person echoed lightly through the forest. Staron quickly fell into a hushed focus, holding his hand out to Ashley in a motion to get her to stand absolutely still.

He wouldn't let anything go wrong here. Not one thing.

Detective Jack Hernandez

Nodding in silence by the given testimony of the witness, Ellis Howard. This was only one testimony so far, so he may have to look for more evidence if wants to find out who the real killer is. It could be anyone, they could be in the very scene right now. The idea of the culprit's identity alone is already giving him a headache. Jack remained cool, after all he needed all the evidence he could get so he can solve this maniacal case of homicide.

"Thank you, Mr. Howard. That's all i can ask you for today. I'll contact you again when needed" Ending his statement with a thanks.

Jack turned around to see the young reporter, looking back to him with his reply. Jack again, simply nodded towards the reporter in silence before giving his reply.

"I see. No wonder, i haven't seen you around before. Perhaps maybe i have but that aside. It's not everyday you get the opportunity to get to the crime scene this close, Ms. Spencer. Ya see those guys over there?"
He pointed towards the group of compiled reporters from the boundary line trying scoop in for some info. Jack scoffs towards the reporters under his beard as they all struggle to get a good shot and statement from the crime.

"Bunch of showoff dogs, showing dedication to their big media companies to get some promotion. But you know what i see? I bunch of sellouts. I can tell some of them are the epitomes of them. Worked with them before, don't like what they bringin' to the public." At first glance it seems like Jack is talking non-sense. But turns out he seems to directing something to the reporter herself. Reading between his lines. It seems like Jack is trying to build trust towards the new reporter, Elise Spencer. Jack voice sounded very calm and casual one might not even take it in a serious matter. Having the tone of some just casually speaking to one another. It looks like he has done the same to others before. Letting the new reporter's into the crime scene for who knows why he did. This may come off as strange to the ears of the reporter but it seems that Jack's honesty has already spill.

"That seems to be the case, Maam." Jack answered directly. He sounded monotone at the moment. His answers were short but it seems like he's still in a talking mood. Jack strokes his beard constantly, to some degree he is listening.

Lizy Lizy
GlitchQueen GlitchQueen (No direct interaction)

Bay stood behind the building a little longer before she decided that she should go out and look for Richie. Before she could even take one step, there was a police officer touching her shoulder. They asked her what she was doing there. "I was just walking down the street when I came across this," she mumbled. The police officer asked her her name. Knowing that she shouldn't tell the officer her actual name, she settled on telling them her nickname. "Call me BeBe/BB," she looked up at the officer.

Dezz Dezz
Lizy Lizy

Dezz Dezz

Ashley nodded and slipped her mask back on, waiting for the person to come in. The sound of rustling got louder until, to almost everyone’s surprise, came a park ranger.

“Where did that damn kid run off too?” He muttered under his breath. The guard itself had curly brown hair, a slightly overweight complexion and a thin radio.

“This guy sure is a lost hiker...” Ashley chuckled as she dug in her bag for a weapon. “How do you wanna take him down?”

A quiet hush came over Staron as he heard parts of what the man was murmuring. He wasn't out here alone. That meant if they took him down now, someone would realize he's missing far too quickly for him to feel comfortable. They could track down the kid, but that only magnifies the issue - clearly this man was looking for that child and wouldn't relent until they're found.

"Wait." He said, firmly. He held a hand up to block Ashley from doing anything impulsive. "He's not alone. We take both or we don't take this one."

His forehead grew sweaty. The possibility that this was the only person who might cross their path that night stood as the most likely outcome. The sheer magnitude of his desire to play tonight almost overshadowed his wisdom in that moment. Yet the one thought that could bring his focus back was always there in the back of his mind.

One mistake and all future games are impossible.

His focus returned, he looked down at Ashley. His right hand positioned the needle behind her so that if she had any ideas of rushing the hiker without him, he could quickly incapacitate her. He had only just begun with the games - he was not about to let a mad down ruin his fun. Even if he did admire the way she laughed as the hobo screamed. His eyes were then drawn to her bag where he saw the Vodka bottle. He was with an amateur, so it would seem.

"Why do you have alcohol?" he muttered, doing little to hide his annoyance.

Elise listened closely as the detective spoke. She understood what he meant by certain reporters being sellouts. They always put themselves and their money first, not the story. She silently agreed that all they wanted was a raise and a promotion.

"I know what you mean," She said. Elise had plenty of experience with those kind of people. She herself wouldn't straight out say anything against any specific reporters. The industry was cutthroat and who knows what someone would do if they heard that she said something against them. She'd love to expose all the wrongs in the world of journalism, but she herself wasn't too established yet, she didn't want to risk anything too big... yet.

"Are there any suspects yet?" Elise asked the detective.

"Well, BeBe... you should really get out of here. It's not safe," the officer said. "What exactly happened?," Bay questioned. "Well, as far as I know, a man was murdered," the officer stated. "Murdered? Murdered how?," Bay asked. "He was set on fire," the officer spoke in a sad voice as they shook their head. "I need to find Richie now," Bay thought to herself.

@ someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back