• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy It was not my fault that I got transported into another world!

--Fae Hailstorm--
takki takki

Fae noticed Miru feeling more lost than ever--fearing that Droplet's question from before may have been a warning for both of them...What if Fae's the only one who could understand him? It'll be really awkward and hard to explain to other people why that's the case...Let's hope that there's someone else that could understand him aside from Fae. Otherwise, communicating would be too hard when Fae takes the Licensing Exam.

"Yep, but not everyone can use it at first." Fae answered, "Uncle said that every living creatures have magic coursing through their veins along with our blood. The amount and type of magic that they have, however, varies from creature to creature. They called this property 'Aura', and is measured by Levels. The higher your Aura Level is, the better chance you have on learning advanced spells quickly, and as a bonus, your spells are stronger! The Guilds measure this when you take the license exam using a very specific technique that can take a look on what you can and could do by calculating the possible max Aura Level in your blood based on some...Weird circles inside of a small drop of blood where they look for blue colored circles? Dunno what they are...I never understood what they were, even now." She explained, although confused when she was describing what was essentially blood cells. Put it into scientific terms, an Aura is found within blood which can be observed the same way as one would with a small sample using a microscope. Although this world doesn't exactly have that kind of tool, they make do with using magic.

"The perceived max Aura Level varies greatly. Some have a maximum of 10, some have, 50 or 65 even. They can raise an Aura Level past it's perceived maximum, but it'll eventually stop when you hit the age of 50 to 60, where your body stops producing Aura. Despite this, the maximum Aura Level usually peaks around 100. The bare minimum when you start off most of the time are either 0 or 1. Maybe even a higher level if you're THAT good at it." She explained as she turned around to look ahead where she's going, making sure she didn't take a wrong turn. "You can raise your Aura Level by simply practicing your magic more and more...I don't know if an Aura Level is 0 though." She admitted, then turning around. "That's basically how people have magic in a nutshell. Any questions?" She asked like a tutor tending to her lacking student--not in a demeaning way, mind you.

At least right now, Miru understood every last word that Fae said. The words spoken was within his knowledge and she spoke as if those were really a part of this world. I see. This world's magic is highly dependent on Aura, and someone's Aura level is measured by the weird blue-colored circles inside their blood? It took him a moment to analyze and understand, then... By circles, she means blood cells! As far as I can remember, our blood usually has similar properties with our parents' blood types. If that analogy works the same as those blue-colored cells as she said, then having a high aura level is basically a gift. To confirm it, he asked the ice fairy, "Are there any known families in this world that is said to have powerful magic?"

Miru also wants to have magic, but unfortunately the gods have decided to make fun of him, throw him into a dungeon with no magic, and meet Fae, an ice fairy who saved him from instant death. If my analogy is correct, then that means I won't have any magic at all. I'm born as a human, after all. He internally cried.

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

--Fae Hailstorm--
takki takki

"Good question! There's a lot of families that are said to have powerful magical abilities." Fae nodded, "Let's see...There's the Aurlas, the Plywrights, the Heiseis, the Dracos, the Ozses, Closeyes, and the Noirz are some of the most prominent ones." Fae counted off as she listed down the known families with great magical ability to Miru, who was curious to know if there were any known families with Powerful Magical capabilities. "Some of them are families of different species, like the Closeyes, which were elves, the Dracos, which were Dragons, and the Ozses, which were fairies, like myself." She explained, "Other than those three families, they're pretty much human from the get go...I think." Fae said, expressing some uncertainty due to how maybe some of those families had become those of different species--take Fae for example, she's pretty much a cross breed between a Fairy and a Human. Who knows what species those families consist of now.

It wasn't long until the pair arrived at what would be a cabin in the woods--somewhat large enough to accommodate more than two people, made out of wood, cobblestone, and some glass. It appears to be a bit unkempt as there were vines creeping up the walls as well as some mushrooms growing in the doorway. There were some rocks surrounding the cabin with a lake to it's right...Presumably where Fae and her Uncle get their daily food.

"Oh, here we are!" Fae said as she zoomed toward's the cabin's doorway and pointing her arms at the simple cabin, showing it to him with Jazz hands. "Come on in!" She invited, even going as far as opening the door for him, but she went in first regardless, waiting in the hallway. "Uncle's out for a Quest today, so It's only me until tonight." She said, showing the way in when Miru entered the cabin.

As expected, it appears to be what one would think of in a cabin in the woods. The living room was decorated with a fireplace as well as some furnitures, a large table, and some bookshelves containing some facts regarding Alioforte arranged in an orderly manner surrounding the furniture...

There's also what would be weapons and equipment of a warrior on the wall above the fireplace surrounded by rune-like gemstones.

Not only that, but there seems to be a small, metallic rectangular block on the table with a large diamond crystal on the back...It looks like a smartphone.

Then my guess is absolutely right! Magic does run on people's blood. I wanted to have magic too... Miru internally complained like a kid, but there's nothing he can do about it. If he cursed the gods, he might die from a lightning strike. Also, there are dragons, elves, fairies, and humans. Maybe they are the four main races of this world? She also said the most of them looks half-human, so that's relieving in my case. The kingdom of Shosei might be the human kingdom. Though his thoughts were only wild guesses, he was already writing them off as the truth. He may be rushing, but he needs the knowledge to be able to live.

Her house is somewhat small... He thought, but the words that came out of his mouth was, "The nature surrounding your house feels refreshing." He complimented. Miru froze when Fae said that her uncle was out on a quest, and they were home alone for the night. His mind ran on full thinking. Okay, Miru. Calm down. You've never been with a real girl before, and you've absolutely never invited one to your house. Much worse, you've never let anyone sleep at your house except yourself. I've seen situations like this in anime, most of the time it doesn't end well! To keep Miru from breaking down, he punched himself so hard in the face he fell down on the floor, and a red punch mark appeared on his face. Hoping that Fae didn't seem him, he recovered quickly and stood up.

"Anyway, Fae," He asked her more questions. "Is there any way to acquire magic even if you don't have those blue-colored circles in your blood, like you said?"

--Fae Hailstorm--
takki takki

"Really? I guess you never lived in a forest in your previous life, huh?" Fae deduced, going off of what Miru said that the greenery around her home feels refreshing. She's been wondering about that actually--what was Miru's previous life like? Was he a noble? Or maybe he lived in a place like the Capital? Regardless, her thoughts on Miru's past life was quickly interrupted by seeing Miru on the ground which caused Fae to perk up and look around for Spirits, thinking that one of them maybe playing some dirty tricks on Miru. Shrugging off like it's nothing, Miru then asked if there's a way to acquire magic if one doesn't have the Aura blood cells.

"Hmm...I'm not so sure." Fae shook her head, unsure of her answer. "I don't think there's anyone who didn't have any of those blue things..." She pondered until her eye's widened, slamming her fist on an open palm as if she had an epiphany. "Oh right, there's that one 6 months ago!" She said, "In the capital, just past this forest, there was someone who registered for an Adventurer's License that didn't have any of those blue thingies--As in, they thought their Maximum Aura Level is 0, but somehow, that person can perform a unique kind of magic that was thought to be of ancient origins!" She explained, soon rubbing her chin as she made the comparison. "Actually, back then, that person kinda dressed the same way as you do, Meeru...Maybe you also have that kind of gift, too?" She asked, speculating that the person from 6 months ago and Miru have the same origins...

Miru found her story interesting and intriguing. A person who wore the same clothes as me, has a maximum aura level of 0, but acquired a strange type of ancient magic. After that, he realized something. The way people talks about the kingdom of Shosei here, it's like it's already an original kingdom here. It is possible that the similar-sounding names and the kimono-like outfits from Japan were entirely coincidental. He dwelled into his thoughts deeper. Then, what if...? Something clicked within his mind. He took a deep breath and faced the female ice fairy. His expression turned very serious as he looked straight into her eyes.

"Fae," Miru asked her. "That person... Give me everything you know about them." Though he pleaded for it, it sounded more like a blackmail or a warning. Of course, he didn't mean that.

--Fae Hailstorm--
takki takki

"O-okay then..." Fae nodded as she saw the sudden change in Miru's expression, wanting to know more about the person who got their license 6 months ago who had no Aura but can perform magic. "6 months ago, there was a girl who called herself 'Moe Ikkai' that arrived at the capital. Nobody knew much about her aside from everyone thinking she's from Shosei." Fae began, "As I already told you, Moe took the Licensing Exam, she can perform a unique kind of magic that none of us can perform--controlling holy light from the heavens using a magic circle with the mark that was associated with the Goddess of Light, depicted in legends as the one that vanquished the great evil and left the world to the hands of man." She explained what she remembered about the magic that was used that day. "Uncle told me that a few days after she passed the exam, he caught a glimpse of the girl's license and saw that her Aura Level was at 0." She explained, "She didn't stay too long, too. She left after a without a word after a week, so I didn't get to know her. But the folk that did described her as someone with the face that's kind as an angel, but whose actions were as fierce and passionate as a Lion despite saying very few words...Although they did mention something about heading for Regalia to look for something called a 'Great Dark Incarnate', which I don't even know what is." She concluded, soon looking at Miru with a curious look. "Hey...Do you think that girl might be from your world, too?" She asked, "I mean, the more I think about it, the more I see some similarities regarding what's happening..."

Miru was surprised by her answer, he wouldn't believe her if he can give her a reason. However, it was clearly obvious that she has no reason to lie. He looked at her and sat on one of the things inside the house that looked like a couch where one can sit on. Moe Ikkai... A girl who has the same clothes as me and everyone also assumes that she's from Shosei because of her name sounds like one of theirs. It's the same in my case. She has a maximum aura level of 0 but she applied for the adventurer's license, and got accepted. Her magic is ancient, controlling the holy light from the heavens. Someone with a face of an angel, and actions as fierce as a lion. Mo-chan? He muttered his thoughts. However, he just repeated what Fae had said to get his brain running, and was unaware that he spoke someone's name with a Japanese honorific at the end of his sentence.

He turned around and looked at Fae. "Ahh, I can't think of anything. Maybe it is similar, but it may just be a coincidence. I certainly don't feel any ancient magic growing within me." He half-joked, since he was telling the truth. However, he didn't say one thing to her for some reason. Moe Ikkai isn't a common japanese name, yet I feel like I've heard this name before. Many times.

--Fae Hailstorm--
takki takki

"...Who's 'Mo-chan'?" Fae asked, hearing the end of Fae's mutterings. It sounds like Miru knows the person Fae was talking about. But for the sake of giving Miru some peace of mind to think, she never bother pressing on. He then mentioned that he didn't feel anything remotely similar to the magic demonstrated by Moe. "I guess that's one way to think about it..." Fae rubbed her forehead, trying her best to come up with some sort of explanation, but as it stands, there's very little information regarding his current circumstance..."We should probably think about that stuff later...You're probably hungry after all that time you've spent in the cave." Fae suggested as she then floated towards the kitchen area and grabbed a plastic pitcher filled with colored liquid. She then used a portion of her power to as condensation can be seen on the pitcher itself as the translucent plastic it was made from fogged up. She flew up towards the cupboard, grabbing two plastic cups and placing it beside the pitcher. She then glanced at Miru, "By the way, do you think you can eat Kreove Berry muffins?" She asked, happening upon a plastic filled with muffins with a note on it from the same cupboard--clearly from her Uncle meant to be Fae's snacks. "Does your world have Blueberries? Well it tastes like that but a bit bitter." She simply explained as she brought the muffins and the cups to the living room using a wooden tray.

Miru's stomach made a seemingly audible sound when she mentioned that he was hungry. "I guess that's a good suggestion. Thinking too much without eating food is really giving me a throbbing pain in my head." He rubbed his head, trying to get the ancient magic and Moe Ikkai stuff out of his mind for the meantime. He adjusted his position on the couch so he can feel comfortable, then he looked at Fae. If this was Japan, and both of them were leading normal lives, Fae preparing some kind of juice and muffins is equivalent to a girl preparing tea and snacks for a house visitor. "I'll have those Kreove Muffins. Blueberries tastes sweet in my world, though." He said. Miru continued to stare at the ice fairy as she continued preparing the food. "You remind me of someone." He said out of the blue. Miru wanted to tell her that she acted like a wife that he married on an online game, which has a mechanism where users can marry other users. However, he knew that Fae wouldn't understand the nature of online games and the modern era back at Earth, so he said,

"You look like a newly-wed wife." And of course, he didn't think about the possible meanings behind it, since Miru meant what he said literally.

--Fae Hailstorm--
takki takki

"Kreove Berries does taste the closest to a bitter Blueberry." Fae explained as she setted the tray at the table in front of Miru, soon opening the plastic to make an opening wide enough to both of them to easily grab a muffin when they feel like it. She then poured herself and Miru a glass of the aforementioned juice, taking the cup and sitting in the couch adjacent to Miru. He then told her that she him of someone, something that Fae wouldn't really think much of as she was drinking her juice, her head tilted up like some drunkard downing a glass of alcohol. The juice tasted very sweet despite having a bit of a bitter aftertaste to it. Miru then mentioned that she reminded him of a newly wedded wife.

"I-Is that so!" Fae gulped her drink as her eyes widened in surprise, her face slowly turning red. "I'm not sure why you'd call me that since I'm...Definitely NOT wife material!" She shook her free hand, denying the fact that she's acting like a newly wed. According to most books she'd read, most of the women that get married are often very feminine, prim, proper and attractive. She is only"...I think." She added, looking away before abruptly grabbing a muffin and biting on it to distract her from what Miru said. After nibbling on the muffin for long enough to settle an awkward atmosphere, she then spoke up. "So...What do you do before you got here?" She asked, curious on Miru's past life.

Miru thanked Fae for preparing the food and handing it over to him. He picked up the his glass of colored liquid... Or juice, as one may call it if this was Earth. He still didn't know if the food of Alioforte was edible to him, thinking from a smart perspective. And of course, he didn't have any other choice. It's either he dies from eating food or he dies from hunger. He took a sip of the colored liquid and... It's sweet, but it's bitter. A bittersweet taste. He thought. It may taste like wine from Earth, but he never really tasted one since he was not a fan of alcoholic drinks and only instant ramen and bottled mineral water. After taking a sip, he picked one of the muffins that were placed on the plate and took a bite. This tastes exactly like blueberry muffin, but a little bitter. Then Fae rejected his opinion on her that she looked like a wife. Since it has come to this, Miru wanted to tease her but he didn't do it, since she may come to be scared of him again.

He took one bite out of his muffin again. When Fae mentioned what he was doing before he was reincarnated into this world, he almost choked on the food inside his mouth. He chugged a good amount of the drink to keep the food from being stuck on his throat. "Um, well..." Miru knew that he can't tell her what he's doing at his apartment everyday before dying, and that is watch anime, play online games, eat convenience store food, and the only good part was that he was exercising more than normal every morning. "Is-Is it okay if I don't tell you?" He toned his voice as low as possible and put up a depressed smile on his face, making it seem as if he was doing something traumatic and other pitiful things on his life when in reality his habits weren't productive and only useless.

--Fae Hailstorm--
takki takki

"Oh..." Fae said, noticing Miru's reaction when she approached the topic. It looks as if he didn't want to talk about things regarding his old life, which is a shame since it's the first time Fae had met someone from another world. Maybe there's something else she could ask instead. She took a bite in her muffin, soon asking the question as she finished chewing her food. "Well, mind telling me about your world then?" She asked, leaning on the cushions on the living room couch. "It doesn't have to be about you, I'm just curious, really." Fae said, reassuring that she didn't want to pry any further in his life. She imagined from Miru's outfit that his world was somewhat cold, considering what he's wearing appears to made from thick fabric.

Tell you about Earth, hm? Telling someone about what he knew about his world seemed rather interesting, however there was a chance that she wouldn't understand most of the terms that he would speak. "Well, how do I put this..." He thought of what to say for a moment, then he spoke. "In my world, there are infrastructures that are made from metal that goes high up above the clouds, machinery that allows someone to travel through the air, land, and water, a contraption that allows someone to communicate with others through the tips of your fingertips, and--" Miru talked on and on. He just realized that there were so many things in his world, he low-key misses it. However, there should be many new discoveries for him to discover in this new world where he was reincarnated to.

"And that's... probably all that I can remember." He took another sip out of his drink, which emptied the glass. "Thank you for the food." Miru said, setting it on the table.

--Fae Hailstorm--
takki takki

Infrastructures that reach the skies...Machinery that lets one travel through the air, land, and water...A contraption that lets one talk to other people with their fingertips...It sounds so familiar yet so wonderful at the same time, especially the one about that communication contraption!

"Woah..." Fae said in awe, "That reminds me a lot of Corleo--The metal infrastructure, and the machines...It reminded me of the things I saw when I visited there for a few days to see my aunt." She explained as Miru placed the cup on the table. "I don't know if they're the same, but hey, you might actually feel at home there." She said with a smile, having another go with the muffin in which she then consumes in a few bites. With a gulp, Fae then grabbed the remaining muffin and nibbled on it for a bit, looking so blissful while she does so.

It there's anything Miru wants to ask Fae about her, now's a great time.

Miru took another mental note. So, Corleo is like the machinery kingdom, Shosei is the kimono kingdom. There are still two other kingdoms that I don't know about, but I think I'll save it for another day. For now, I will focus on learning more about her. He doesn't have any ill intentions of course, and he means what he thought literally. His eyes started to close, the exhaustion on his body trying to take over him. He tried his best to stay awake, and finally snapped out. His sudden pause would be noticed by anyone in the room. "Oh-- Right." Miru spoke, trying to keep the conversation going. "Is it really okay for me to sleep here? It seems that I'm taking too much advantage of your kindness..." He said humbly.

"Also, that slime--Droplet, said something about Ertugo. Is he a guy? Something that you know?" For now, Miru was rather curious. So far, the only person--or half-person that he met is Fae. He'd like to know more about other people as well.

---Fae Hailstorm--
takki takki

"Yeah, it's fine." Fae nodded, gulping down the bits of cupcake she had nibbled down. She soon rubbed her chin in wonder, "Though I guess I have to bring you out of the house by sunrise or else uncle will get suspicious about why you were here." She said before letting out a shrug, "But I'm sure he'll let it slide if I tell him you were lost for the night." She nodded, letting out a smile as if she just came up with the perfect plan. Shortly after asking that question, Miru then asked about the person that Droplet, Ertugo. "Oh yes, he's my uncle." Fae answered, "Like my father, he's human. He works as an A-Rank Mage in the guild over at the capital." She explained, glancing at the portrait on the wall behind Miru which showed two identical looking men with different clothing and hair. Between them is a rather short woman with long blue hair and translucent wings similar to Fae's. "He's been taking care of me ever around 10 years ago after returning from an important quest for the royal family without my parents." She told Miru, leaning on her seat. "It's...Something I don't know much of, but I guess something bad must've happened that day." She said, trying to avoid the topic in which she doesn't know much of.

Miru didn't know the reason why he sighed in relief when he heard that Ertugo was the name of her uncle. Maybe he's still not mentally prepared to see people who he can't confirm if they don't have any intention of hurting him or not. Basically, to the people of Alioforte, they may think that Miru was like an alien. An unknown creature taking the form similar to a human's, with their purposes and magic potentially dangerous and life-endangering. It wouldn't be surprising if someone other than Fae knew that Miru came from another world and decided to subdue him. But of course, he wasn't dangerous. In fact, he can be hardly considered as dangerous at all. As far as he know, he doesn't have any magic, and the first impression of the people when they first see him was that he was from Shosei. Then the topic of Moe Ikkai and magic and Aura Levels and ancient magic comes into his mind.... which doesn't seem to fit anywhere in his mind. Like the puzzle pieces of something entirely different compared to the puzzle in his mind.

As he noticed Fae glance past his shoulder, he turned around and saw a picture enclosed in a frame. Two similar-looking men... Twins, probably? And in the middle was a little girl with long blue hair and transparent wings that looked similar to Fae's. When she mentioned that her uncle was taking of Fae ten years ago ever since he came back from a quest without her parents, something clicked on Miru's mind. It's been ten years ever since she last saw her parents. Since Ertugo was an A-Rank mage, it's most likely that the her parents are mages, too. That quest must've been something incredibly dangerous. Something that cost them their life. He didn't want to jump to conclusions so quickly, but that seems to be the most likely quest. What kind of parents would leave their child without reason? However, he was sure that her parents weren't terrible, though.

After she told him the story, a moment of silence grew between them. Miru had to defuse the silence quickly. "A-Anyway, Fae, this is you when you were a kid, right?" He pointed at the small, long-haired girl at the portrait. "You look kind of cute. Long hair suits you."

--Fae Hailstorm--
takki takki

"Huh?" Fae glanced at the portrait on the wall, Miru must've thought that the long haired fairy on the picture was her. "Oh that's not me, that's my mom!" Fae corrected, giggling at a silly mistake, soon calming into a smile as she seemed to reminisce about the past. "Y'know, that was painted before I was even born, right after my mom and dad got engaged while they were still adventuring." She explained, then turning to Miru. "She's really pretty, isn't she?" She asked, admiring the portrait. Fae remembers the times when both her parents were still alive; they would often tell stories about their adventures back in the day, the warmth she felt when she would hold her while her father told those stories, the times when her mother would kiss her goodnight...Fae missed those times, even today as she continued to wait for her parents to return or when she finally finds them if she passes the licensing exam. "

"Eh, this is your mother?!" Miru glanced at the girl in the portrait and at Fae. It took him at least a couple of moments to realize that there was something different about the ice fairy and the blue-haired fairy on the picture. "Well, I believe that this girl isn't you, but I can hardly differentiate the two of you." He admitted, but the thought that he basically just complimented her mother instead of Fae passed through his head. It didn't bother him much, which was surprising... At least from someone who knows him. "I see... You two are really identical, though." He felt the sense that Fae didn't want to talk about her parents anymore, so it was probably taking her best to answer his questions. Miru attempted to steer the topic away from her parents. When he opened his mouth to speak, a yawn came out of his mouth instead of words. He covered his mouth as he yawned and spoke, "I've been through a lot today..." He yawned once more after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back