• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

It is a beautiful day to fight monsters and make coffee, and you are a simple cat girl [closed!]

wickedlittlecritta

lord of misrule
Hello friends, do you enjoy monster of the week fights? Coffee shop aus? Catgirls?? Well have I got the rp for you!!

Catgirls Kaiju Coffee is a magical girl-esque PbtA/BitD hack where everyone plays as a simple cat girl (or cat boy, or nyan-binary) who fights monsters by moonlight and makes coffee by daylight. It is very lighthearted, very magical girl anime inspired. We're here for a good time. TrashRabbit TrashRabbit is our intrepid dm, and I their humble herald.

Pspspspspsp

edit: and we have a fully staffed cat cafe, so this thread is now closed!

Last edited:
Hello friends, do you enjoy monster of the week fights? Coffee shop aus? Catgirls?? Well have I got the rp for you!!

Catgirls Kaiju Coffee is a magical girl-esque PbtA/BitD hack where everyone plays as a simple cat girl (or cat boy, or nyan-binary) who fights monsters by moonlight and makes coffee by daylight. It is very lighthearted, very magical girl anime inspired. We're here for a good time. TrashRabbit TrashRabbit is our intrepid dm, and I their humble herald.

Pspspspspsp
Lmao @ "pspspsps"

Is this beginner friendly in terms of the dice system? And where did you find the cute pictures for your characters?

Is this beginner friendly in terms of the dice system? And where did you find the cute pictures for your characters?

Oh, we should have linked to the dollmakers in the thread, these are the two we're mostly using:

Perisceris Chara Maker キャラメーカー|Picrew

Anime Girl ~ meiker.io

Dice system is a custom hack based on Apocalypse World and Blades in the Dark. It's fairly simple/beginner friendly, though if you have any sort of D&D background it's wildly different from that, which does throw some people for a loop, lol. It's a D6 dice pool system, so your stats give you an extra dice to your pool, rather than a number you add to your roll.

Also we got more interest in this than anticipated, so if you're interested please get sheets in ASAP, we may be closing fairly soon!

The system is designed very much for folks who prefer to do lit/long form/free form rping than for folks who are used to loading up roll20. There is very little math though. Almost none. So there's that going for it.

Waay to interested in this. Unfortunately, my phone's glitchy on the picture front...

I am not that versed with the mechanics of DnD or dice-systems really. But, if you'll have me, I'd like to learn. I will look into submitting a sheet soon.

I am not that versed with the mechanics of DnD or dice-systems really. But, if you'll have me, I'd like to learn. I will look into submitting a sheet soon.
I'll look forward to reading your sheet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back