[It Begins] Chaos

Miracleist

Bathing in dream light
Here we go. Before that, however, usual reminders in line.

• An acceptable level of literacy is expected. By this, I mean accurate spelling and grammar, as well as a minimum of two paragraphs per post (five full sentences each, dialogue excluded).
  • Further expanding upon the first point, I absolutely do not want to see an entire post comprised of dialogue. Describe what your character feels, describe how they react; never, ever, give me a post containing only dialogue.
  • There will be a posting order, and I expect a post at least every 1 day. If for any reason you cannot do so, either notify me and/or the other GMs or you'll be penalised (more below).
  • The usual RP rules apply - no power playing, yada yada. I believe everyone is reasonable here, so this is just a gentle reminder.

Failure to post on time without any prior notification will be taken to mean that you have skipped out on this RP. The first time this happens, you'll have a grace period of three days during which your character becomes an side-character (subject to the whims of any player) before s/he is killed off. You can save the character by returning within the grace period the first time and the second time, but the third time you break the rule, your character will die the instant 3 full days pass from the last time you posted. 

Also. Do remember

About the passage of time

As a general rule of thumb, time in the RP is approximately 1 hour per post cycle. 

IE. At the start of the RP, everyone is RP-ing the exact same first hour of the RP. If it starts at 12 noon, all the posts in the first cycle are specifically contained within that hour block. Of course, you do not necessarily have to announce the time or anything, nor do you strictly need to force actions lasting an hour long. This is largely to ensure that everyone is in the same timezone (within the RP) so that if and when different groups meet, it wouldn't be an awkward transition. 

On that note, this doesn't mean that time will only pass in hourly blocks for the entirety of the RP (of course, imagine if someone started riding a boat to a distant island - that'll be hell). At certain points in the RP, especially when groups of characters/individual characters are travelling long distances, I might bring in a time skip to progress things. This, of course, also includes major plot events.

[It Begins] Chaos

Water, Earth, Fire, Air;

In a time long before Aang, the last air-bender,

There was a period of great strife.

Tribes fought Kingdoms; Nomads attacked Nations.

Peace had become a concept long forgotten.

Yet there was no Avatar to rise to the occasion;

No Avatar to usher in a time of peace.

The Great War continued thus,

Ending as abruptly as it begun...

Somehow, peace, albeit ephemeral, found its way back into the world. Water Tribes pulled back their forces, Earth Kingdoms lowered their defenses; the Fire Nation looked inwards, the denizens of Air held back. For the past 33 years, war had become a way of life - something to be dismissed as normal. Something as alien as peace was immediately a source of great unease, but one gladly received. No one believed it would last, but somehow, it persisted. A year went by and another soon followed. While some like the Air Pirates had returned on the offensive, others had hunkered down and tightened their defenses. It would seem that the past two years had instilled a certain lesson - peace was far more worthwhile. 

Economies flourished, hope restored; it took a mere two years to melt down the steeled determination of the people forged over three decades - but could they be blamed? 

As the stalemate persisted into its third consecutive year, people began to grow hopeful that true peace could be re-established for the good of the world. Unfortunately, the cinders of war were not so easily extinguished...

Just as Shane was going to ask the firebender questions or even introduce himself, everything came to an abrupt end.  The bright blinding light though it didnt' make his eyes burn to look at it he had covered his face on pure instinct.  After all no one wants to go blind at his age.... Though he's eyes were normally close to closed, so was it necessary for him to cover his eyes with his sleeve?  Surely he would have been fine by just move his lids down a tad more, had he done this.  Well they would be completely clos- The thought of curiosity stopped before it could finish as he brought his arm up once more to protect himself from another blinding source of light.  Unlike the one that had ended the dream, he could feel a heat coming from this, and the brightness could be seen through his closed lids.  'Ah, so I should cover my eyes with a cloth, there is a difference.'  Smiling a bit at this small discovery he slowly lowered his baggy sleeve and when he did he saw he was exactly where he had left off before the dream. 

Taking a bit to adjust his eyes to the bright light of the rising sun, a light sigh left him.   "Dream is over, such a shame, I wonder when the next lucid dream will happen?  It was very entertaining even if I couldn't get any of those peoples names.  Though, likely enough if they were from my subconscious they would have the stupidest of names, after all I'm horrid when it comes to naming.'  Chuckling some he rested his head back where it lightly bonked on a tree right behind him.  Looking up at it he smiled.  "You are nothing like that great oak I had seen, no.... You're trunk is far more narrow, and your life span isn't even close to that towering oak. That being the case, I still think your leaves are beautiful. The sound you make with the wind passes you to go on its journey is a lovely one.  Not to mention you provided me with great shade and protection from the rain that could have fallen the pervious night.  And I thank you for that."   Deciding to do a stretch that's exactly what Shane did as he began to debate on his next course of action.

Currently he was sitting on the ground some ways off a road, having taken shelter under a tree for the pervious night.  Traveling alone he didn't have any companions with him at the time, the guide he had the other day only lead him to this road and then left him to his own devices.  Which was just fine for the white haired boy.  Right next to him was a rather large jug filled to the brim with water, and towering over the jug as it rested against it was his staff/walking stick.   "It looks like nothing disturbed me in my sleep since you two are up right as usual.  Spirts I must have slept wrong though, my neck is so sore."  Rolling his head forward a few times he began to stand up and once he did he took another look around.  "Still have a lot of distance before I hit the next town."  He mumbled as he grabbed his water jug and slung it onto his back.  Securing this he adjusted his clothes and shoes before grabbing the staff.  "Better get a move on, I'm almost certain that there might be a wolfbat or two who would just love to dine on me.  If only they knew I would taste just repulsive maybe they wouldn't badgermole me."  Sighing some more he started to walk down the provided path and as he did so he produced a sandwich that had been tucked in his sleeve.

Taking this he began to munch on.  As he walked he passed by a small sign that showed him he was going in the right direction, having left the earth kingdom for the time being, he decided his first stop... Would be the fire nation, which one?  Meh he wasn't sure himself, had a hard time finding a map.  All he knew was he wanted to go to this nation and see the sights, maybe even catch a boat that would take him to one of the water tribes.  Though that is something that would be far in the future, for now his course was the firenation.  And the path he was on that was leading to the nearest village, was going to be a long one...

@Savagai (Your turn to post, I haven't interacted with you, just letting you know~)

Last edited by a moderator:
It ended abruptly as it began. Duga had not been really reacting on people, he just wanted to meditate. He was outside, back at the temple again. Duga loved the western air temple, especially how it was build, up side down. The temple was perfect for gliding trough the air. Normally, Duga would start with meditating, but this day it was different. In he dream he already meditated and he felt at peace. He didn't really care about the dream, but he was still a little curious about the other people. Who are they? Why were they in the same dream? 

Finding those people would be very difficult, he didn't even know their names. Duga decided to go on a flight. The air was amazing, not really cold, but also not too warm. Flying gave him even a more feeling of becoming unattached to the worldly things. 

After flying for half an hour, Duga decided to reading. He found some scrolls about the spirit world. Reading made him relaxed

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ((Your turn))

Azolan woke laying still in his little camp sight in the fire nation forest, his refuge from the fire nation army. He remained srill looking at the grey green tarp that made his tent feeling the cool wind wofting through the entrance,wondered what to make from the dream, was it as real as it felt? Were the others there having the same things like him? What did the tree mean? A place he needed to go? Maybe not he was living among trees, it wasn't unusual to dream about it and plenty of people dream of nowhere people they knew. However he hadn't seen the others before and they way they spoke.

His thoughts were interupted but an intense feeling of pain, his burn marks flaring up again. He signed as he took a poultice from the sack near him and stepped out of the tent, he removed his shirt and rubbed the wounds with the poultice. He winched as it stung like hell but beared with it. One that was done he checked his pack for food finding himself fresh out in all but water. He had to risk going into the local village and get some. A risky prospect at the best of times, the village nearby was small but it was common stop for soldiers and coincidentally close to Nanzing home. 

He arrived at the village at noon and found he was lucky, no soldiers were about at the moment. Either the haven't passed through yet or the are eating at the local tavern. He took the chance and went to the market, aiming to get in and out quickly before being made. He was getting some dried meat and some fresh fruits when he saw some soldiers coming out of the the local tavern and quickly hid. The soldies began going door to door trying to find potential recruits.

@eclipsehowls

A blinding flash of light came from nowhere and everywhere...the light blinding him...he stumbled backwards and fell....

Within the tree outside a window on a medium-sized estate, a bird chirped from where it was sitting on a clutch of eggs.  The pages of an open book turned with the breeze that rustled the curtains from the half-open window, sunlight streaming through the glass as if it were not there and shining a ray of light onto a prone figure lying on a bed.   A gray cat jumped onto the bed and pawed at the figure's face until a hand came out from under the blankets and pushed the cat off the bed.  Slowly the figure's eyes opened and he sat up, the cat jumping once more atop the bed.   The sunlight served to wake the teen up fully as he looked towards the window, noticing the sun was already up.   He looked blearily towards his desk where one his books was open.  He tried to hold onto the dream he had during the night but it was already fading.    

He threw his blanket back and stumbled out of bed, the cat jumping lightly to the floor and curling around the teen's legs.  "Yeah, I know.   You're hungry," Nanzing said, crouching down to scratch the cat's ears.   He heard his uncle's footsteps stop outside the door which was followed by a knock and the door opening.

"Nanzing?  Were you up all night again with your homework?" Tohen asked as he walked into the room, his eyes going from his nephew's tired face to the book and papers on the desk by the window.

"I actually fell asleep uncle and must have slept longer than intended," Nanzing said.   

Tohen shook his head and looked down at the cat at his nephew's feet.  "You must have been really tired then, to not even notice it's the festival and  there's no school for the next three days," Tohen said, chuckling as Nanzing's eyes grew bigger at the reminder which was followed by a sigh of relief.   

"That's this week?  I forgot about that," Nanzing sad.   

"Make sure your homework is done before going back to school," Tohen said to his nephew.  "I thought we might go to the festival today.  You could use a break from your studying unless you have sword lessons today?"

"Umm...Master Yoza said I could have the first couple days of the festival off from my training," said Nanzing as he tried to remember what his master had said two days ago.    

"Well, then we'll go to the festival after you get dressed and some food," said Tohen cheerfully before leaving the room.   

Nanzing looked back down at the cat, his sister's last gift to him before the fire.  He'd named the cat Saber and the cat had been with him ever since the fire, his uncle having no problems allowing the animal in his home as long as Nanzing was responsible for his pet.   As the door closed and his uncle's footsteps headed for the stairs leading to the first floor, Nanzing frowned as he went to get some clothes before heading to the on-suite bathrom attached to his bedroom.  "What was that dream Saber?"  he asked the cat but Saber only answered with a low merow.

@RaptorHonks  

The leaves rustled around her as she climbed the tree, she was almost to the top when she heard something. It makes her look below her watching as the leaves suddenly started flying through her fingers. It didn't hurt, it didn't really feel like anything to be honest, just air rushing through her fingers and pushing her. She fell just like that, a scream breaking through her lungs and slamming her back into reality. Maio-Lin shoot up with a gasp, hands raised a bit as her heart hammered in her chest. "Holy moly." She mutters as she brings her hand to her chest, grasping at her loose fitting shirt. What had happened? She looks around, taking in the trees around her as she did so. They arched above her from her seated position in her minuscule bedroll. All she has in her mind are snippets, small flashes of faces and things that happened. Like usual. "What a weird dream." She sighs and stands, stretching out and yawning widely. Maio-Lin trudges through packing up her bedroll, eyes barely staying open as she knelt down and slowly rolled the thing up to place on her equally minuscule backpack. She would fly through the morning while it was cool then walk in the forest while it heated up in the afternoon, maybe try to find a body of water to take a dip in! Even better would be if she found a town, then she could find out where exactly she was in the Fire Nation. At least that's what her map said, Fire Nation is south of the Western mountains. 

Ether way she hooks her backpack onto her front and gives a huge full body yawn, bringing one hand to cover her mouth as she does so then shakes her head and picks up her glider, flicking it open. She takes a deep breath and moves quickly into her stances, pulling the air around her to give her enough lift to bring her into the air. A squeal rips from her throat when she nearly runs into a tree, just barely jerking to the right in time. "Oh jeeze." She takes a deep breath and brings the wind under her enough to make her rise above the tops of the trees. "If I see a town I'll go down." Just as she's saying this her stomach growls, making her sigh and swallow thickly. "Okay and maybe look for food to." She didn't want to start her journey by stealing, but she made the mistake of not packing a lot of food. Maio-Lin maybe had a days worth of food left, but she could ration it out to last maybe three. Food wasn't something Maio-Lin had very good control over. She was ashamed of it, but at the same time she would down a whole pig in front of a crowd. Didn't matter though because she had at least an hours worth of flying to do before she can land and still be on track with her sight seeing destinations. If she was going to make the long trip to the poles then she needed previsions.

@ChimpMan

Those precious moments before a fight were always a mixed bag of emotions. Anticipation, exciting and worrying yet oddly tranquil. Many fighters had found themselves in this position before. Waiting in the overwhelming smell of body odor of the changing rooms. The roar of the crowds in the stand could be felt even here, making the walls and floors vibrate with the hum of cheers. Meanwhile the fighter waits, left to their own devices until called to the centre stage.

Among the benches and lockers of the smelly, emptied, square room, Han-Zhao sat with his eyes closed and rested his head against the wall behind him. He was going through the usual motions before one of his fights. Imagining the crowd, the fierce atmosphere, all of the techniques he knew and planned to use, beginning to focus his mind. A sort of imagery/meditation technique he picked up amongst Airbenders. - Peculiarly, his focus routine was interrupted by a peculiar thought -The image of a tree over a small island. A feeling of a memory forgotten within the depths of his mind. A puzzle not yet solved. Han Shook his head, as if clearing it from trivial and unnecessary thoughts. 'Strange stuff...' He admitted out-loud to himself.

"Hey kid, you ready?" Said old-man Taru from the door way of the changing room, the promoter of the show.

"Yeah." Replied Han, opening his eyes with a thumbs up.

"You feeling good?" 

"Beautiful and confident as always." Said Han merrily, with his trademark smile. A lie. His opponent looked tough and was more experienced. But there was no turning back now. That was the nature of fighting. 

"Heh. Let's get this show on the road then."

Together they both made their way down the corridors and towards the action. Eventually both reached some double doors and opened them to the scene beyond. A large circular room with seats carved out of Earth around the circumference. In the centre was the more brightly lit platform. A thirty meter radius of tiled, yellow Earth. The battleground. Dusty, scratched and broken in some places, it would be an Earthbender's best friend or worst nightmare. Time would tell. 

With the old promoter, Han made his way to the centre stage and moment of truth. Once he was on the stage, the atmosphere became heavier. As though Gravity were stronger here and the air hotter. Han began to shadow-box a little on the stage, showing off his flashy, light-footed Earthbending style while looking at the crowd. He counted roughly three hundred this week.

"Big turn out this week, Taru?" 

"Mhm, win bonus should be extra tonight." 

"Nice!" Said Han grinning, while circling and punching thin air, getting his muscles warmed. 

Then his opponent appeared from the crowd. Six foot and six inches of lean muscle, a barrel chest, thick eyebrows and a chin so square and big, Han could've imagine himself being able to Earthbend it. 

"He looks uh.. Big and...cuddly." 

"Yeah, our strongest regular. He's made himself popular throughout Ba Sing Se these last few years. Could call him the champion." Said Taru.

"Wait what?! You didn't say-" 

Han's incredulousness was cut short as the champ leaped through the air and landed straight on the stage. 

Now, what was scary was the shaking of the ground as the brute landed on the platform. Scarier was the fact he wasn't even using bending. Han could've swore he heard part of the platform crack. Then the crowd erupted. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the main event!" Roared the old promoter. Han laughed and smiled nervously at his opponent. 

"Introducing first, from the sandy deserts of our kingdom: Saaandy hurracaaaaine Han!" Cheers came up. "And his opponent; from the hardest of neighbourhoods of Ba Singe Se, an ex army captain discharged and arrested for violent conduct "The Juggernaaaaut, Rugo!" Rugo smiled, lifting up his tree trunk of an arm. The whole crowd erupted once more, but louder. Drums began to beat the melody of battle. Then the promoter (who was also referee) stood in the centre of the platform. "Reeeady? Fight!" 

"Here we go." mumbled Han.

@MagicPocket

Ren Fo wiped the sleep from his eyes while he walked down the cobblestone path in the commercial district of Ba Sing Se. He'd found a nice reasonably priced piece of property in town where he had set upon building his home roughly a year ago. Unfortunately, the plot happened be quite some distance away from the central commercial district where he worked. Just about every morning he had the same routine. Wake when the sun broke over the Wall and filled his room with light, wash up, dress for the day, then begin the walk to work. The walk should have only taken thirty minutes, but it usually took Ren triple that as it was punctuated by stops at local venders for a breakfast roll or a rice ball and, of course, his morning tea. Morning and evening, he was religious when it came time for tea. It was that little boost that got him ready to take on the day, and the sweet something he needed to wind down the night before grabbing supper. Ren always ate out and rarely ever ate in. He couldn't cook well enough to learn how to cook as his attempts usually ended with something spilt all over him and the floor or something catching on fire. But he could boil water! Ren had made himself a kettle of tea that morning, knowing that he wouldn't be stopping for his normal tea at the shop today. He didn't have very many expenses so he could allow himself a little indulgence with eating out.

Ren took his time as he sauntered down the street. Today was his day off, but he had a different reason for visiting the commercial district. The fights were today, so with time at his leisure, he'd be taking some time to enjoy himself.

"Afternoon, Fo!" Called a voice from a vendor's storefront.

Ren smiled and approached the woman tending the stand.  Behind the woman balls of dough were crackling in a large pan. He inhaled deeply and sighed, "Hello, Ms. Wong, how are you?"

"Old!" The blustery 60-something woman stated, planting her hands on wide hips with a laugh. "Oh, but what else is new, ha! Got a fresh crate of mangos in, picked just this morning."

"My favorite, you know me well." Ren said with a grin, his mouth watering already. She picked one from her crate and polished it on her crisp apron while Ren pulled a few pieces of copper from a pouch in his pocket for the food then just a couple extra for Ms. Wong. He exchanged the pieces for the mango and a ball of fried dough wrapped in a tissue. "Thank you," he bowed, "I'll see you soon." The woman smiled genuinely and waved as he turned and began to set off again.

As he bit into his mango, a cart rolled by pulled by an ostrich-horse. Dust bloomed lazily from the cobblestone and dirt path. He stopped and stood frozen in the middle of the street as he was acutely lost in thought. Images began to flood through his mind in a quick sequence of flashes. Swirling orange clouds...his hand reaching out to a pluck a leaf from the tree…the leaf blazing flamelessly…then, his vision dominated by brilliant white as the leaves on the tree shone like lights all in unison. He snapped from the memory and back to the cobbled street in front of him. Ren blinked and absently wiped a bit of mango juice from the corners of his lips with back of his wrist. 'What in the Spirits was that?' He wasn't sure if it was a dream. Ren never remembered his dreams. Sometimes he was left with impressions. As the memories of his dreams flooded out when he woke he would be left feeling good, odd, frightened, confused, etc. This wasn't like that.

"Everything alright, lad?" Ms. Wong called out from behind him.

The heal of his boot met the stone, his weight shifted, and Ren found himself twisting enough to see her face fixed in an expression of unphased curiosity. "You alright?" She repeated.

Ren chuckled nervously, "Er, yeah. Was just remembering some errands I have to run later." He said easily. "Good afternoon." He bowed his head and with one foot after the other began walking again.

He finished his mango as he continued on, his mind wandering. He tossed the large flat seed into someone's garden box as he passed and plucked the juice left on his fingertips in his mouth. Ren kept the roll of dough wrapped up in his pocket for now as he suddenly didn't have much of an appetite left. A bell chimed throughout the city. Ren waited and patiently counted a total of twelve rings. Spirits! He needed to get moving if he wanted to see the fight start! He could see the arena a couple of blocks ahead of him and he quickened his pace.

The crowd was roaring when he entered. Luckily it seemed as though he hadn't missed any of the action just yet as the referee was still introducing the competitors. Ren climbed the stone steps to the stands were he wove past a few people, too engaged to really care about him brushing past, and finally took a seat.

"Reeeady…? Fight!" Yelled the referee.

@Lava

The scorching heat of the day bore down upon the lands, relentless in its efforts to illuminate all of existence as it reached the highest point of its arc across the sky.

@Peaceswore @RaptorHonks

The village, if you could call it that, in the distance was bustling with activity as their hunters had returned from their latest hunt. So animated were the villagers that anyone who stepped in at that point would easily mistake the celebratory mood for a festival of some sort - and in some ways they would not be completely wrong. As it turned out, the latest hunt was an especially successful one. The hunters, led by the son of the village chief, Canren, had raided the nest of a dragon when the dragon in question was gone. They were able to steal away several eggs from the nest and were undoubtedly pleased to know food for the next week would be properly settled.

@eclipsehowls @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Simultaneously, the soldiers were gradually getting sidelined by the sudden celebration of the returning hunters. Dejected and somewhat frustrated, they were scowling as they left. "Dragon's breath upon them," one said, hissing as he dragged his fellow soldier along. The group of them served the Fire Lord Osha, who was one of two Fire Lords fighting for the leadership of the Fire Nation. Osha was the legitimate Fire Lord, gaining his position by virtue of his bloodline. However, popular as he was with the common folk, he lacked the same diplomatic charisma and political influence that his rival claimant, the Fire Lord Zaiyin, had. As a result, he was always in need of new recruits to bolster his ranks in order to keep up with the conflict. The snake-eyed soldier glared once more back at the village before exiting. He would return empty handed - this time.

@Savagai

The head monk of the Western Air Temple was a stout figure - well-fed and equally well-liked by monks both young and old. However, today his brows were furrowed in exasperation as he looked out of the temple window. Many had ventured to check in on the monk but were rebuffed at every turn. Each time he dismissed them he would sigh and talk about the 'talent wasted'.

@ChimpMan @MagicPocket

The crowd present was probably the largest in the arena in a long time - which was understandable given the reputations of the challengers involved. However, despite the size of the crowd, there was still a particularly flamboyantly dressed individual seated at the topmost row. He had four burly guards standing around him while he fanned himself with a paper fan. The people around him were torn between looking at the arena and at the man's bright golden robe as well as his equally bright and utterly mismatched scarlet round hat. It seemed he had to be a man of particular standing, even if his dressing was on the unusual side.

"...So....So ho...hot...."  Shane groaned as he trudged on.  "I has to miss breakfast, stupid wolfbat stole my sandwich....... I might not make it in time for lunch.. Arrrgh!  I'm going to die..."  He groaned as he held his staff with two hands to help him along the dusty path.  The sun was beating down hard on him and he had no head wear to give him any shade.  His clothes didn't help him at all either as he felt he was baking in this heat.  He thought about using his water to cool himself off, but hell he would need that for later.   So on he went trying his best to make it and doing what he could to get the idea of food out of his mind.  Though he was failing miserably at it.  "I want some meat... I don't care what kind. I just want some really nicely cooked meat.... Or seafood.... Something really!  Why is it so hard to find a vendor out in the middle of no wh-"  Before he finished his words he squinted as he could have sworn he saw something in the distance.

"Is....Is that a village?"  He asked himself before shaking his head.  "No...it's a hallucination..... Probably another hour or two before I make it."  still trudging on he thought he wouldn't make it, with only a hallucination in sight and the fact he hadn't eaten anything in a full six hours.... There was just no-...  His negative thoughts stopped when he sniffed the air. "........Food?"  He whispered as he looked up at the 'hallucination' that was now getting bigger.  His eyes widened and nearly teared up before he bolted a dust cloud forming behind him as he rushed to the village all his exhaustion leaving him in the mere hopes of getting a bite to eat.  It took a bit but soon enough he got there and when he did he completely ignored everything till he got to the very first vendor and when he did he wasted no time in getting some nice beef stew.  Slamming the money on the ground he began to gorge himself before he decided to take in his surroundings.  "Whats with the celebration?  Someone's birthday?" 

The vendor chuckled and waved his hand at this.  "No no, we had a very good haul today.  Haven't had one like this in a while." 

"Ah.... Good for ya.  You guys don't just trade for the food?" 

"Nah sometimes we do but as you can see.  Judging from how sweaty and desperate for a bit you are, we are in the middle of no where.  So we rely on our hunters to give us meat on a steady basis."

"Oh, I couldn't handle that never knowing when the next supply of food would be.  Do you guys always celebrate like this?"

"If we did then this town would never get anything done."  The vendor said with a chuckle as he began to clean some dishes.

"So....why today?  I mean you guys seem really happy for the meat.  Understandable but unless you worship it.... It is a bit odd..... And if you do worship it, then you really love meat.... LIke really love it.  In a kind creepy way you know?  I'm fine with you loving meat, since well it's meat but you know there is such things as loving something too much..."

".....You are an odd one aren't ya?"

"Is it beaucse of how I look? I get that all the time, my hair is natural and I like to have my eyes closed."

"Well yes... But that's not what I was referring to.... Anyway!  Everyone is so thrilled because the chief's son found a dragon's lair, and finding it was gone.... Took its eggs." 

At this Shane blinked several times over in surprise as he looked at the people gathering around.  "Real dragon lair?  And they took the real eggs?" 

"Uh hu." 

"That.......That sounds like a really bad idea." And with that Shane got up and finished the last of the stew before he followed the people pushing and moving through the crowd to get to the center of the people.  Once he did he looked for the person in charge but it was really hard to find in this crowd.   So he figured he might as well ask.  "Hey! Hello!? Um I'm curious!  Who was the thief that stole the dragon eggs from the liar?!"  He called out as he went on his toes to get above the crowd only drawing more attention to himself.  "I'm not mad or anything! Just would really like to have a chat about the possible reallllllllly bad mistake the person made!  Just saying!"

@Miracleist

The festival of the hunt provided good cover for Azolan even with his scars, most who saw him dismissed him as a victim of the hunt. Some even approached him and gave him some alms, he wasn't sure whether he should feel offended that his appearance suggested he was a beggar or just be gracious. Either way he took the alms as he had little else to earn money otherwise and to deny them might  cause more attention that it was worth. The festivities were pleasant to be a part of even if not having the chance to join in. The excitement and joy was infectious and he knew for most of this villages it was a distraction from their hard lives and the worry about this civil war, something he could sympathise with greatly. On the other hands it was moments like this which reminded him what he denied himself by deserting. 

Azolan  noted the soldiers pass with no small amount of relief and more than a little pleasure from knowing lord Osha not getting his recruits. Osha was harsh master and didn't inspire neither loyalty or confidence, neither was the war people should die for. A pissing contast between two nobles over power. However the positive feeling disappeared quickly when he saw were the soldiers were going. The dream with Nanzing and the reason he can't here came to mind. He wanted help from his friend and the soldiers were heading straight to him. He needed to go and quickly to warn at Nanzing.

@eclipsehowls

His uncle had always been there for him as a child.  The orphaned firebender had to grow up and learn he had to do everything himself for his parents mostly paid attention to his older siblings. When his mother and stepfather had been killed in the airbending raid on their home, along with a few other homes being destroyed from what his uncle had said, his older siblings had been taken in by their grandfather while Nanzing was left alone.  It was likely the child would have been on the streets if not for his mother's brother taking him in, something Nanzing would always be grateful for. Since his half-siblings, for the man he'd thought of as his father most of his life was really his stepfather, had been taken in by their grandfather, Nanzing hadn't really seen them except in school and they were in higher grades than himself so they weren't in the same classroom.  The only one Nan cared about seeing was his half-sister.   

Nanzing's uncle was of a slightly higher station in life than his mother and stepfather had been in.   His former childhood friend had disappeared one day, before the raid, and Nanzing hadn't seen the older boy since.  Well...he would probably be an adult now.   "Uncle, do you know what happened to Azolan?" Nanzing asked, not sure why he was thinking of his friend.   

Tohen set his gold goblet down and looked at his son, there being a pattern of a dragon winding around the top of the goblet with rubies for the dragon's eyes.   "I'm afraid I don't know what happened to the young lad," said Tohen.  The elder man wasn't quite sure what to make of his nephew's question and hadn't paid much attention to the fire that had happened a few years ago, not knowing that Azolan had been living there.  Tohen had never concerned himself with much unless it was his family or Lord Osha's orders when in the army.  The thought that his nephew might end up in the army one day was something Tohen dreaded.   They had talked about the army a bit when Nanzing was a child, mainly because the child had been interested in his uncle's life and often spent time with the retired colonel.  Both were unaware that fire nation soldiers were on their way to the home or that Nanzing's old friend would be arriving to warn Nan of the danger of the recruiting soldiers.     

Saber merrowed for attention and Nanzing got up to get some food for his pet, taking a bowl out to get some water from behind the house as Saber followed after him, leaving Tohen at the dining room table.  The cat always tended to follow Nanzing around the house and when he was at school or at his swordsmanship lessons, the cat would spend its time sleeping or near Tohen.  The teen held the bowl under the water pump and began to fill the bowl with water.  Even with their house being near the edge of the village, Nanzing could hear the excitement in the air with the festival going on, unaware that the festival was in fact the celebration of a hunt by the village chief.   

@RaptorHonks

The scene in her head grew loud where it had been tranquil. She could hear her name being called... no yelled at her. With a jolt she woke up from the dream she’d been happing only to hear the yells continue. Her mothers face filled her blurry vision. It was red with lots of angry crease lines. “Yin Tsui-Fan!” Her mother yelled “You over-slept again. Am I to run this place all on my own? You have loyal customers to serve!” Yin rubbed her eyes. Her hair was standing up in odd places and she still looked half asleep “What time is it..?” She mumbled. Her mothers red face somehow grew redder as she pointed to the clock on the wall “See for yourself! Put your apron on and come downstairs now!” With that the middle aged woman left her room and stomped through the house. Yin slowly turned to look at the clock “Oh NO!” she cried and jumped to her feet faster that a spooked cat.

Yin through half her wardrobe’s contence on the floor looking for her regular comfortable cloths and threw them on. She had planned to leave the house before her mother woke up so that she wouldn’t have to confront her, but unfortunately she’d slept in. The fights were on today! She wanted to watch them so bad. She was studding them so that eventually she could get up the nerve to enter. Yin threw on her clothes and bolted downstairs. Her mother was at the till. “Yin! Come into the kitchen now.” Her voice was a little lighter now that there were people watching. Yin turned to her and paused, a look of anguish on her face “I’m sorry I can’t work today!” She said and she bowed her head slightly. She just had time to watch the look on her mothers face before she was out the door and on the streets. It did make her feel bad, seeing the look of betrayal, but her mother just could not understand her, and she would never support her. She had to take her future into her own hands. It was the only way she was ever going to become someone like her father was.

Late, so very late!

Yin’s little legs had never moved so fast in her life. She dodged people left and right, ducked under washing lines and jumped through peoples lawns. A few times she managed to clumsily bump into things, and every little mistake slowed her down more. This was important!

Yin finally made it just as the fight started she threw herself into the crowd, barging past tall people so she could stand where she could see clearly. She ended up standing next to a face that seemed somehow very familiar but the fight stole her attention.

It was a face she had seen many times before when she snuck off to watch the fights. She had only ever managed to get his attention once or twice but they were still mostly strangers. It was The Sandy-Hurricane-Han. She wanted a cool title like that. But titles were earned with time and skill and Yin was still learning every day. His opponent looked so impossibly big she thought he could probably kill her just by sitting on her. But she had faith in Han. He was very good. Far better than anyone she’d ever witnessed fighting in her short time on this earth. She sat down in the crowd to watch, eagerness on her face. Her bright young eyes were fixated on the fighters. When the fight was called it gave her chills. She wondered what she would do if she was powerful like them. She was certain... one day despite her mothers wishes, she would be.

The fight began. 

For the moment both men stood still while the initial cheers came through the air. Han and 'The Juggernaut' Rugo stared down each other. A winged lemur staring down a polar bear dog. While he had time, the young man decided to go over what he knew about his opponent: For the most part, the juggernaut was your traditionally strong, flat-footed earthbender, albeit more aggressive than most. 

Then Han got into his stance. His lead leg loose and springy like an airbender but his rear leg solid as a rooted tree, like an earthbender. His trademark stance. Meanwhile his opponent just stood there as lively as a boulder. "Oh man. You. Are. Big." Commented Han. The Juggernaut just glared. 

Tensions began to rise and so would Earth. The next thing the crowd members in the circular stand would see was Juggernaut stomp into the floor, sending a large lump of rock into the air, easily big enough to encompass Han's entire body. Then his opponent flung the Earth straight at the boy with a punch. The flyswatter flying towards the fly. Han's body appeared to completely disappear before the sheer mass of the boulder. Until his smaller, more nimble body slid across the smooth Earthen surface of the arena, right beneath the oncoming danger. Quickly he got to his feet and instinctively returned to his stance. The juggernaut resumed, performing the same technique only a little faster with a hook-punch. This time, the result would be three rectangular concrete-slab sized blocks rising from the stage surface and sent hurdling at Han. 

With front-stage seats to the danger, Han inhaled and momentarily closed his eyes. A wave of focused seemed to visibly wash over his face. The first slab approached and he leaned his body to the left, coolly avoiding it, then danced further to the side to avoid the other two. Now the juggernaut snarled, viciously and continued his onslaught of attacks. Slab after slab was thrown at Han while he stylishly dodged and weaved through the storm. The rate of the projectiles began to intensify now, sending the boy's hair fluttering in the wind as he ducked his head around them.

Unknown to Han at the time, one even went into the stands smashing into the seat right next to Ren sending the boy stumbling further into other crowd members.

His dance continued unhindered until four slabs sent with such speed and precision meant he couldn't evade. Han doubted the juggernaut had enough skill and precision to do this purposefully. More like, the huge ex-soldier would throw everything he had at Han until something finally hit. A primitive strategy, but not an ineffective one. Han didn't fret. Instead he waited for the attack to come closer to him at the last moment dodged to the left - still in the danger of one slab - but only one, and firmly kicked the ground; a small circular disk large enough to cover his whole forearm shot before him. Using the disk, he shot it into the oncoming threat, both disk and slab crumbling at the collision which created a small dust cloud, momentarily concealing Han's body. 

Moments later and the cloud dispersed revealing Han completely unharmed and grinning confidently, much to his opponent's annoy. The crowd lit up in cheers at the defensive display. To anyone who had watched Han regularly, this was known as his Jackalope stance. True to its name, it was a two tiered defensive stance. A combination of an earthbender's solid defensive constructs and an airbender's agility. 

Momentarily, the action ceased and the two combatants stared down each other once more. Han with his grin and the juggernaut who, in contrast to earlier, now seemed to have sweat trickling down his forehead, was breathing heavier and had a big bulging vein on his forehead. A scary combination of exertion and anger to parallel Han's relaxed, calmness. Then the juggernaut unintelligibly roared and everyone took that as a call for the action to resume. 

"My turn" Mumbled Han, breaking in a sprint towards his opponent. The juggernaut didn't think to wait and knelt, placing one hand on the platform which would cause a thick rectangular pillar to shoot at Han. The size of the pillar indicating doom and serious damage should it hit Han with its size and speed. But Han didn't stop, instead he sped up towards the danger. When within range he ducked to the side of the pillar and acrobatically kicked off of it. With the distance between the two now closed considerably, Han hopped on the spot while slapping his hand down on the Earth. Immediately after, two small and angled foot platforms boosted him into the air while a spherical earth ball rose from the ground with him. At the peak of his jump, Han made a kicking motion, sending the strength and momentum of his jump kicking forward which in turn made the hand-sized sphere of earth shoot forward, crashing straight into the Juggernaut's chin. 'Bullseye'. 

But Han's moment of success ended abruptly as the Juggernaut didn't move an inch. The earthball merely shattered against his chin and crumbled pathetically. Nothing happened accept the juggernaut's face became dirtied and his bulging vein intensified highlighting his ever increasing anger. 

"Oh, well crap."  Said Han, scratching his head and looking up at the Juggernaut. Funnily enough, he looked impossibly bigger now the man was mere footsteps away. "Indeed." Talk-mumbled the Juggernaut with a voice so deep you could barely understand it. "Oooh, so you can talk!" Han said with a satisfied expression, the great mystery now solved. The Juggernaut roared and punched the ground. Han misread the attack, thinking another projectile would be on the menu, but instead the ground folded beneath his feet, knocking him off guard and tripping him. Han only had time to look up in shock as his opponent pounced towards him, a ravenous beast on its prey. 

Han didn't think, only reacted. He reached behind his back at the waistline and retrieved what would look like a small, tattered pouch bag. He wasted no time and flung it at the Juggernaut's head. The small pouch seemed to go in slow motion while his opponents shadow was cast over him, blocking out the light and hope. Now. Han punched out at thin air. Not a conventional earthbender punch, it was too swift and open-palmed, as though it were an airbending technique. Except no air was produced. No, instead the pouch - right next to the juggernaut's face - blew open in an explosion of sand. The big man fell a step back and cried out as sand flew into his eyes and mouth. An unpleasant experience if Han was to judge. 

The sand scattered around the two fighters and the Juggernaut was blinded. But that still didn't stop him. He lifted his two arms and earth ripped from the stage. Rock, dirt and dirt, the Juggernaut lifted a large pile of earth at least ten times Han's weight. A brutish attack relying on pure strength and no technique. While the Juggernaut couldn't see Han, if he made his attack big enough he wouldn't miss the twirp, right? 

Wrong. Han expertly transitioned from a backwards roll into a somersault, kicking out his leg mid-air. Suddenly, all of the sand surrounding the two combatants began to swirl inward around the Juggernaut's feat. A miniature tornado. It swept around the Juggernaut's ankles knocking him on his butt. He stared at Han and Han cheekily grinned back at him,  nonchalantly pointing above his opponent's head. Not understanding the Juggernaut looked up--- and was buried under a small avalanche of earth. His own attack. 

The whole crowd went completely silent. Until the old ref/promoter Taru ran back onto the stage and raised Han's arm to the crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen, you're winner: The-Sandy-Hurricaaane Han!" The crowd erupted with cheers.

Interacted w/ @Miracleist

Up next: @MagicPocket

@Peaceswore

Canren was too immersed in the crowd's cheering to notice the voice of one lone individual - despite said individual's unusual dressing. The people around him cared less about conveying his message, caring only to surround Canren as they sought to interact with the village's newest crowned hero. Everyone was very much looking forward to finding out how a Dragon's eggs tasted and they knew that their only chance at finding out was by getting on Canren's good side... As such, Shane's words fell on deaf ears.

@Lava @ChimpMan @MagicPocket

The unusual spectator was boisterous in his spectating of the match, screaming loudly at the various moves and attacks. When Han emerged victor, he only sulked as he sank back into his seat. Evidently, his support was for the now ex-champion. Glowering at the new winner, he sat still like a stone gargoyle while the crowd around him celebrated their entertaining new champion. 

Ren was on his feet. The fight was really getting intense. With two competitors of this caliber the crowd was in for a good fight and everybody knew it.  The energy was almost palpable in the air full of screaming and rallying fans. There were tons of people too. Ren was on his toes, he was pretty tall but he wanted to make sure he didn't miss a second of the action if someone's head bobbed in the way or something. The Juggernaut Rugo had taken on and defeated nearly every reputable Earthbending competitor in the city and then some. "BOO! GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM!" Ren yelled at the beefy competitor. The guy was a hulking monster in size and muscle, his bending was crude but his ability to beat down his opponents relentlessly was unmatched by anyone else. And that was exactly what he was doing in the ring.

In the stands Ren could feel the shockwave of the Juggernauts foot slamming into the floor as he pounded slab after slab of solid rock from the ground. He and everyone else could also feel the shocks when slab after slab was punched toward the Sandy Hurricane, each one seemingly effortlessly dodged, and collided with the side of the arena. "WOOOOOH! DON’T LET HIM KNOCK YOU DOWN!!" Ren yelled at the Hurricane. The Juggernaut's attack increased still obviously getting frustrated at the fact he was unable to land anything on his agile opponent. Though his technique was strong, the Sandy Hurricane's technique was better, and the speed of the Juggernauts attack seemed to sacrifice precision and a volley of boulders began crashing around the floor of the arena. Ren was watching with sharp eyes, as the Hurricane slipped around one slab of rock in particular.  The stone hurled past the challenge and was sent flying straight into the stands. Straight into Ren Fo.

Time seemed to slow in the slightest. Ren let out a strangled yell and lifted his fists in front of his face, forearms parallel to his body, and dug his right heel into the ground behind him. The slab of rock smashed to rubble around him like it should have, but he had not made his base sturdy enough for the move. Ren toppled sideways into the group to the left of him and knocked down the four body guards and the bizarrely dressed man with the scarlet round hat.

"Er, sorry!" Ren rushed, immediately embarrassed. He tried untangling himself from the mess of guards and succeeded fairly clumsily." My bending skills aren't that great with that kind of…stuff. Are you--is he okay?" Ren wasn't really sure who to address in this situation. Getting to his feet he rubbed his elbow, having hit it pretty hard on something or other, but he suspected he elbowed one of the guards in the sternum or light armor, or whatever it was, when he was knocked into them.

Cheers erupted from the crowd once more at the action in the ring. Ren glanced down at them, clouds of dust were settling back down to the floor. The two fighters had paused, but a second later they were back in action.

Ren looked back at the guards then gave the spectator with the round hat an uncomfortable grin, not liking the expression the man's guards wore on their faces. "Uh, enjoy the show! Bye!" He then quickly slipped away into the crowd and away from the odd group.

He found a new spot to stand a safe distance away. Ren Fo ran a hand through his hair and gave a bit of a huff with an exasperated grimace. Only him, right? He missed a good chunk of the fight but got back into it in time to see the Hurricane on the ground and Juggernaut racing toward him. Ren didn't see the pouch, only sand exploding from the boy's outstretched hands and the Juggernaut stumbling back. Ren Fo roared with approval along with the rest of the crowd. The announcer's voice filled the arena as he narrated the events between the two competitors. Though the larger opponent was blinded he was still at large and wasn't about to give up so easily. The arena shook as he tore an absolutely massive sized boulder from the ground and held it above his head. Everything happened pretty quickly after that. The Sandy Hurricane rolled backward over his head onto his feet and sent a tornado of sand toward his opponent's legs and knocked his knees from beneath him. The giant boulder, abiding by gravity, came falling down and buried the Juggernaut under his own rock.

Someone grabbed Ren's sleeve, he flinched for a second thinking that it was maybe one of those body guards. "DID YOU SEE THAT! DID YOU SEE THAT!" A girl about Ren's age screamed excitedly, then turned back to the stage. "AH! I LOVE YOU HAN!!"

Ren applauded loudly also as the referee announced the Sandy Hurricane Han as the winner. The next few minutes were promotions and some other words, then the crowd began to file out of the arena. Ren Fo waited patiently as he really had no other plans after this and was in no rush to go anywhere. He waited but the main doors into the arena were still pretty jammed with people so he figured he could find another exit not as busy. He jumped over the sides of the stands into the fighting arena down the tunnel where he figured he'd find the back way out. Ren passed a man with a bushy gray mustache with a broom and a cart who looked like he was on his way to clean up the stage, otherwise the halls were empty. He wandered around for a few minutes.

"Can I help you?" Said a voice that sounded as though it was made from gravel. The tone didn't really sound helpful and as Ren turned his head toward the person--actually, people--he realized the question was rather redundant and was definitely meant more as a 'What are you doing here?' The man that had spoke had a burn scar on one side of his face that made his mouth look like it was grimacing, a wiry, hairy figure wearing a smudged gray tunic. He was flanked by two others, younger than him by ten or twenty years, one was short and muscular, the other tall and fat, each looking equally untrustworthy and unsettling. 

"Just…finding my way out." Ren said smoothly. He glanced over his shoulder and down the hall a short way was a cracked door showing daylight on the other side. He jerked a thumb over his shoulder. "Oh, look, there it is. Afternoon, gentlemen." He turned on his heel and began walking, his pace quick, wanting to get out of there. He only heard one footstep and a hand grabbed his shoulder. With a stride that long it had to be the big guy.

"Where you listening to us?"

"Er, what?" Ren said, having spun around to face the three men again. He was only a few feet from the door.

"You were spying on us, weren't you, ya' little rat!"

"I can promise you I wasn't." Ren said coolly taking an easy step back. In one motion he broke twisted and broke the large man's grip from him then took off for the door.

"Stop him!" One of them yelled.

A wall of stone slammed into place in front of the door covering the exit. Ren's eyes widened but didn't skid to a stop, he threw his fist out and punched the wall, then fell through the doorway out into the alley. He rolled over his shoulder and came up on his knees. The three men burst through the door and surrounded him as Ren got to his feet. The two younger men settled into bending stances. His heart was beating like a madman. Well, damn.

@Lava

The fight began with the big guy making the first earth shattering (Literally) blow. He stomped his foot and the earth rose into the shape of a huge boulder that could squish the feather-weight fighter flat if it hit him. Yin’s little heart pounded in her chest as she watched his reaction. He flattened himself against the ground and the huge mass of earth past over him, close enough to lick the hair on his head. Yin couldn’t help it, every time Han made a move she would gasp, or squeeze the corner of her shirt in her fists. She unintentionally was making the dust make little tornados around her feet as she watched. Slab after slab was thrown at Han but nothing could touch him! He expertly dodged them all. The way he was moving was beautiful. She watched his feet, trying to memories his stances to use later. She could tell that Han was a better fighter than the big guy. But, of course, if he even got hit by one of those attacks he would probably be down for the count.

Suddenly one of the slabs of earth went astray. Yin’s eyes widened and her mouth dropped open as she froze in place. The rock was coming right towards her and the guy sitting next to her. Yin stood up and put her little hands up by her face, but they were shaking, and she hadn’t moved fast enough. She let out a yelp as fear struck her. She braced for a painful death. Suddenly the bolder turned into dust and covered her little body almost from head to toes. Yin rubbed her eyes until she could see again and looked to her left at the earth bender responsible. He’d took the impact and saved both their lives and probably some of the lives around him. He’d fallen sideways into a group of men surrounding a colorful man with a funny hat on his head.

Yin felt extremely ashamed of herself. If she was on her own, she would have died right there, because she didn’t react quick enough. What a stupid mistake. It was unforgivable! An earth bender was supposed to face danger head on not cower and freeze up. She felt tears wanting to come out, and her cheeks were flushed from the distress. But she clenched her teeth and managed to hold the tears back. Instead, she examined the men to her left a little more, especially the bender who had destroyed the attack that went astray.  He got himself upright again. She wanted to say something to him, but he hadn’t really noticed what he’d actually done for her and her own childish pride got in the way, so she said nothing.

He looked so familiar... She tried to think, and then remembered who he was. This man was a regular at her mothers tea shop. His name... what was his name? She couldn't recall, but she'd definitely served him before. That made things ten times more embarrassing. She didn't want to be know as the 'cute little waitress at her mothers shop.'. She didn't want to seam defenceless. Yin sunk lower into her shame. it was just as well that now he was pushing past her and going to find another seat. Yin was left with the strangers and the important looking man in the weird hat. The man looked funny and she didn’t really like him. But she was taught never to judge a book by its cover by her mum, so she thought nothing of it. She did however, wonder who he was. She wasn’t quite brave enough to ask though, and when one of the men caught her eye she quickly looked away pretending like she hadn’t noticed.

Cheers brought her back to the action Han was on the ground. “Oh no!” She cried as the big guy came thudding towards him. Her heartbeat picked up again, and she gripped the chair in front of her till her knuckles were white. But Han had a trick up his sleeve, or in this case, tied around his waist. He threw a pouch full of sand at his opponent, who screamed in pain and stumbled, blindly attacking.

Yin was glad she’d seen the last move of this fight, because it was incredible. Han did something she’d never seen. Earthbenders never moved like he did just then. The sand knocked over the big guy and in an instant there was a rock, big guy’s rock, over his head. Han was crowned the winner and Yin cheered with the rest of them.

The fight was over now but Yin really wanted to speak to Han. She was sure lots of people did, though. There was people everywhere now, all trying to get out. Maybe she could find a quieter exit. That was where the fighters were bound to exit. Though the faces she saw the boy from before, seemingly with the same idea. He was heading down to the arena towards a large tunnel that looked like an exit.

Yin followed him at a distance down to the passageway. Because she was so far away she saw the men grab his shoulder before they saw her. Instinctively she hid herself out of sight behind the lip of the tunnel. These men seemed very shady, hanging out down here like sewer-rats. She listened to what they were saying and her heart leapt into her mouth. She heard the sound of pounding feet and took a peak. Her saviour had made a run for it but the men were on his tail. Their intentions, it seemed, were to be violent ones.

Last time, Yin had frozen up. She clenched her fist and followed behind them, treading silently. Maybe she could help this guy. She had remembered his name now. Ren, it was.This was her moment to redeem her failure from before! The group was surrounding the young man now. Maybe if she could break the circle he would have a chance to escape. But they’d probably all turn on her then, and she wasn't quite suicidal enough for that. Yin had the element of surprise here, maybe she could do something. Make a diversion so they could both get away.

The little girl focused on the area under the men on the far side of the circles feet, and then stomped her own foot. Little pillars of rock knocked the rat-men clean off their feet “Hey! Run!” She yelled, moving into stance and sending a flurry of small attacks that threw dust everywhere at the men. They wouldn’t really do much more than piss them off to be honest, but she used the cover to burst through their ranks. Unfortunately, as she was running, on of the downed men caught her ankle and she fell hard on her face.

Fucking Typical Yin.

Artwork I found for this moment

tumblr_nikhppXn7a1rsa45wo1_r1_500.png

next is @Peaceswore

There stood Shane one hand in the air as he was completely ignored.  This realization hit the water bender hard and he didn't know what to do.  "I was....well...that's something."  He mumbled as he put his hand down and moved away from the crowd.  "Maybe he was already aware of the danger? Surely the Hunters know how far a dragon, especially a mother would come to retrieve her eggs. Why I once heard a dragon all the way from the firenation went to the south pole because someone poached the eggs... Though that could have just been a story the Misses told me."  Mumbling to himself he sat down on the ground legs crossed, staff propped up against the building and his hands in both his sleeves. "Still troubling, if these men just got the egg I can assume that the den wasn't far.  Unless the hunting party was out for weeks on end then maybe.... However I doubt it.  Why should I doubt it though?  I don't see much reason to believe they just left and then returned.  Then again..."  A small grimace went on his face as he concentrated on his words. 

He ignored the weird looks he got by passerbyers as they heard him talk to himself like he were having a conversation with another being.  Leaning his head back so he looked up at the sky he remained silent.  What was he suppose to do anyway? If the hunters were capable of capturing an egg then they should be able to fend off a dragon that has come to seek revenge.  'Could they though?  They retrieved the eggs when the dragon was out..... Or that's what I was told.  They purposely avoided confrontation with them, maybe they can't handle it?  This....this is worries some.  What should I do?  If they do know what they are doing then me questioning them...would make me look like an ignorant arse.'  Sighing he scratched his head before a smirk appeared on his lips.  "Well.... Good thing I am one!"  With this exclamation he stood up and grabbed his staff before heading over to the crowd...and then passed them.  Going into a small alley way he placed a few barrels that were there next to a house right up against the wall and used these to climb up.

His way to get up was a bit shaky but he made it none the less.  Testing the roofing for a moment he smiled when he saw it was sturdy enough to hold him.  "Very well made."  He hummed as he walked on the house.  He kept walking on it casually till he was right above the Chieften son.  When he was he looked down and grinned. "Hello?  Up here, could you spare me a moment of your time form the assk-."  He stopped himself from an insult that was about to slip out and when back to smiling.  "I could really use a moment of your time to ask about the dragon who's kids you stole."  He said however the crowd was too noisy so it was evident the other wasn't really going to hear him.  With that he cleared his throat and took a breath in. "Excuse me for my rudeness. IS THE DRAGON YOU JACKED THOSE KIDS FROM GOING TO RAZE THE VILLAGE OR NOT!?" He shouted very loudly and boy could Shane, who was averagely a quiet person...boy could he shout.

@Miracleist

Azolan had to travel quickly, the roads to were Nanzing lived were crawling with soldiers making the quickest path impossible to take. Azolam had to track through the fields and countryside which was a longer journey and had less than level ground to run to. Azolan could only hope that he would reach Nanzing in time. Nanzing was the best friend he had growing up, his friendship was the only normal thing of his chidhood and was the moment of calm in between work and exercise he had to do for his foster father. He owed Nanzing a chance to avoid becoming a soldier, something he knew Nanzing wouldn't want. Or he thought he still didn't want... the dream was the first time he had seen Nanzing in years. Maybe he changed since they were  teenagers. 

He tried to push the though out of his mind, trying to ignore the pain from running as he neared the estate. He stopped taking a chance to catch his breath and see for a way in. He scaled the wall and crept slowly and carefully to the windows, looking for nanzing. Finding him he tapped on the window to gain his attention. 

@eclipsehowls

@MagicPocket @ChimpMan @Lava

The unusually dressed spectator was all sorts of displeased and angry though he had kept those emotions to his face. There would be few that would doubt his fury were he allow it to be expressed more externally - given his four burly guards. Each one looked to be a good match for the fighters on the arena by themselves. The four guards had mirrored their master's expression, glowering at the offending Ren Fo as he sheepishly took leave. When he disappeared into the crowd, the spectator finally spoke. "Bring me to him," he said, standing up. Within the same instant, his well-disciplined guards fanned out, lining and clearing out the path for him to move along. However, with the many people in the way, he and his entourage were only able to make it to an empty room above. A window conveniently placed allowed him to overlook the alley below where the man from earlier now was, albeit in more dire straits than before.

Casually resting his arms on the windowsill, the 'Master' smirked as he watched. It was like a follow-up to the match earlier.

@Peaceswore

Now, Canren have had a good day - a great day in fact. Chancing upon the dragon's den was perhaps the luckiest moment in his life, finding the eggs made it even better. He was basking in the celebration and the fanfare, immensely satisfied with the newfound fame and the undoubtedly significant number of girls that would fawn over him - or rather, the affections of a specific one seated demurely in the distance watching him. Every now and again he would pry his gaze from the villagers surrounding him to meet her gaze. He was the happiest in that instance... Until out of nowhere, a strangely dressed individual decided to shout from above him at the top of his lungs. He fancied himself brave and courageous, having taken those dragon eggs - he had already weaved exaggerated tales about the taking of the eggs too, after all. When the shout came out of nowhere, he ducked to the side instinctively, tripping over his own legs to land in a puddle of murky water.

So quickly, the earlier prestigious-looking Canren was now reduced to a dirty mess - and he also stunk. The words of the suddenly introduced individual was now lost on him as he roared in frustration. "YOU!" He wagged an angry finger at Shane. The words that Shane had spoken was clear and audible this time - but its meaning was now lost on the infuriated Canren. "GET HIM, CRUSH HIM!" As if to accentuate his anger, a deep rumbling resonated in the air towards them - it sounded like thunder. The villagers and his lackeys paused, stunned for a brief moment as they looked at each other. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, GET THAT WHITE-HAIRED FREAK." Snapped out of their daze, the lackeys made the first move, beginning to scale a ladder to reach Shane. Most of the hunters were fire-benders, so they could not use their bending abilities without restraint in the village.

Canren clearly did not care. "BURN HIM ALIVE, I'LL EAT HIM," he shouted. Fortunately, no one heeded him.

Azolan had to travel quickly, the roads to were Nanzing lived were crawling with soldiers making the quickest path impossible to take. Azolam had to track through the fields and countryside which was a longer journey and had less than level ground to run to. Azolan could only hope that he would reach Nanzing in time. Nanzing was the best friend he had growing up, his friendship was the only normal thing of his chidhood and was the moment of calm in between work and exercise he had to do for his foster father. He owed Nanzing a chance to avoid becoming a soldier, something he knew Nanzing wouldn't want. Or he thought he still didn't want... the dream was the first time he had seen Nanzing in years. Maybe he changed since they were  teenagers. 

He tried to push the though out of his mind, trying to ignore the pain from running as he neared the estate. He stopped taking a chance to catch his breath and see for a way in. He scaled the wall and crept slowly and carefully to the windows, looking for nanzing. Finding him he tapped on the window to gain his attention. 

@eclipsehowls

Instead of heading straight for the festival after breakfast, Nanzing had decided that he would work on some homework before they went into the village to attend the festival.  The teen wanted to get a bit of studying done since he had ended up sleeping all night instead when he'd been intending on taking just a short nap to recover from a long school day.  Retreating to his room with Saber, the cat had jumped onto his bed and laid there watching Nanzing as he had opened his book and began reading the chapter.    Lost in his reading and homework, Nanzing didn't realize that anyone was at his window until he heard a tapping on the glass. 

Nanzing looked up to see a face at the window.  A frown creased his features and it took him a few minutes to not only get over this surprise but also to recognize the person outside his window.   "Az?" he questioned in disbelief.   Saber looked up and let out a questioning meow.  "It's fine Saber," he said to his cat before moving his book to the side and opening the window so Azolan could climb through into his room.    Azolan had gotten older.  As Nanzing had been forced to realize when thinking of his friend, the person before him was no longer a teenager but an adult whereas Nanzing was still a teenager.  "What...what in the world?  What...where did you go?  What are you doing here?"  he questioned as he stood and  moving his chair to the wall beside his desk.    He looked behind him to his door as it opened to reveal his uncle who stopped inside the doorway as he too saw Azolan in the window.  

@RaptorHonks

Following the fight's conclusion the crowd quickly dispersed as per usual. Compared to only minutes ago the fight area and the stands were now dead silent. The only sembleance of life in the building now came from old man Taru's promotion office. Behind his office desk the old man was sorting through various copper and silver pieces, the revenue from the fight. Slid a pouch of silver and copper pouches across to the other side of the table where Han sat opposite. He then pushed another pouch of silver pieces across the table. "You're win bonus. Plus a little bit on top since it was a busy night." Han *whistled* happily. Ol' man Taru was always good to Han like that. Han began playing with the pouches as if feeling their weight for the sheer enjoyment. "You sure about this kid?" Taru said, his voice suddenly serious. Han nodded his head. "I was only stopping through the city to check back up with some old friends. I was never actually supposed to stay this long. But what can I say ol' man? I guess I just love you too much." he winked and laughed playfully. The old man smiled pleasantly. "Make sure you look after yourself then alright? You're a strong kid, but you just got to think a little more before jumping into fire." He pushed another pouch of silver pieces across the table and Han's eyes widened, looking questioningly at the old man as though to say 'You sure?' "A little something for the road. Now get out of here and make sure you come back to visit when you're done with your travels, you here?" Han stood to his feet with his promoter and they exchanged a hand shake. "Old man.. I- This isn't goodbye. I'll be back soon and when I do make sure you've got a fight lined up for me!" Han said, pushing past is sadness and looking toward happier times. 

Leaving the office room, Han picked up a string bag with his belongings and made to exit the building. He didn't take the main exit like the audience since he didn't want to get caught up in the crowd and be forced to sign another fifty autographs. Instead he walked down a narrow corridor to a door which led to a side-alley. Han pushed the door open and instinctively stopped, hearing aggressive voice tones. He peered around the now open door to see the scene before him:

"...You were spying on us, weren't you, ya' little rat!..." Oh boy. Han knew that voice. That unmistakable voice which was so gravely it sounded as though it would scratch the air. To his inferiors he was simply known as 'Don'. Right now, the Don and his cronies where circling a young girl and a guy about the same age as Han. The girl was pinned down by a tall and fat thug while a shorter one and the Don stared down the guy. A pack of ravenous wolves ready to pounce. They didn't stand a chance and Han knew it. There were many street-gangs in Ba Sing Se, most were small time, nothing special. But the 'Don' and his crew, they were by far the worst of the lot. Unlike the desperate kid gangs, the Don's operation was organized, professional and the most dangerous. A higher tier of criminal. Ducking his head back around the cover of the door, Han exhaled deeply. The smartest course of action would be to just turn back the way he came and not look back. What sort of maniac would want to get involved?

"Hey guys!" Han shouted, walking from the doorway and out into the alleyway. The Don and his thugs turned to see Han walking towards them smiling and trying to hide his nervousness. "Well I'll be." 'Don' said, curling his lips in a grin which was supposed to be pleasant but due to the burn mark along his face, only made him look even more sinister as he turned towards. Han noted the third, tall thug kept the girl pinned down while the short-muscular one kept the boy at bay. "It's been a while lil' Han."

"Ha ha yeah. I see you haven't changed a bit either huh Mr Don?"

"No." The gangster said firmly as if making a point. Han gulped. "I see you've gotten a little stronger and bigger since you went away. You know, we've got a 'job' coming up soon and we could use a guy of your... talents." Said the Don, his sinister voice and grin intensifying. "Thanks but, I've got a few things on my plate right now. By the way what's all this about?" Han replied, gesturing to the Don's prey. The criminal-lord turned to face them now, his smile disappearing. "We caught ourselves some rats." - He drew a small knife from his grey pants - "You remember what we do to rats, don't you Han?" The Don licked his lips. Shit. "I'm sure they've learned their lesson." Han said trying to sound convincing but it falling flat on the Don's back. Now walking to the girl on the floor, knife in hand, the Don grunted showing no sign of stopping. 

Han let out a long exasperated *sigh* for what was about to happen next and clenched a fist.

The Don, with a devilish look in his eye, began to walk towards the 'rat' who was cornered in the alleyway. "Hey Don!" Han shouted from behind. Visibly Irritated from being distracted from his prey, the gangster turned around with knife in hand- and was greeted by an earth disk flying straight into his chest. The old and burned gangster went flying backwards to the floor, dropping the knife and making an "ooft!" sound with the air being knocked out his lungs from the blow. 

Han didn't hesitate. Couldn't afford to. Not with these guys at least. After the first attack, Han never stopped, he simultaneously threw to sand pouches at Don's two cronies and punched out with both hands. The sand exploded in their eyes, momentarily blinding them as they let out a shocked cry, beginning to rub the sand out of their eyes. Meanwhile Han picked the girl up off of the floor. "HEY!" A voice shouted behind the trio who now stood together. The sound of things going from bad to worse. A group of ten or so of the Don's men walking from the opposite end of the alleyway. "Kill them!" Screamed the Don, managing to get his breath back.

...Well crap. Thought Han. He looked to the girl and the boy who was around his age. "Uh guys, run!"

The man on top of her was very heavy. She couldn’t move her arms or legs at all in order to bend. The fall was a hard one too and she felt a wave of nausea hit her, and dizziness kick in. There was probably going to be a big red welt on her forehead from the pavement, but it seemed that was the least of her worries. Yin squirmed and struggled yelling get off of me you fatass!” Which wasn’t really the smartest thing to say in her position. She couldn’t see him but she heard a voice coming from behind her, which sparked a conversation. “Well I’ll be, it’s been a while little Han.” Yin gasped but knew enough not to say anything. At first she was disappointed, she though that Han might be a part of this gang. But after listening, she could really hear the nervousness in his voice. There was no way Han was on their side. Maybe he could convince them to let them go. He seemed like he was at least familiar with these people.

One of the thugs she soon learned was called Don. He seemed, from the way he was speaking, to be in charge of this organization. Yin tried to turn her head to look at the people speaking but she could barely even lift her chin from the ground. She wanted to speak, to say something but she found it hard to formulate a sentence right now. Her head was pounding. Don was speaking again now and his words had turned more sinister. “We caught herself some rats, and you remember what we do to rats, don’t you Han?” Yin’s blood froze as she herd his footsteps coming towards her. He was closing in, she saw his boots, and looking up from there, she saw his knife. Yin’s jaw dropped and she began to tremble. “Wait! Hey! Slow down there! Maybe we can talk about this!” She yelped.

Yin had never faced a situation like this in her life. What the hell had she gotten herself into? She hadn’t even managed to help Ren escape! She was useless, and now she was probably going to die. She felt Don pull her head upwards by her hair, she saw the knife coming for her neck, she closed her eyes and then suddenly there was no weight on her back and Don was flying backwards towards the wall. Yin only needed a little bit of space to get out from under the tall man. Han’s face appeared in front of her and he helped her up from the ground. Yin was dazed, but overall she was alright. She jumped at the yell from behind them and had no trouble following  Han’s suggestion that they get the heck out of there.

Yin ran for the main streets. There was a twisting network of alleyways but she knew this city quite  well. Yin was pretty fast for someone with such short legs, she was also pretty fit. She threw her hands back at the people chasing them causing pillars of rock to rise up hopefully slowing or stopping the people behind her.  They yelled but they could obviously bend pretty well two because ethey reacted pretty fast, badging straight through her pillars. Yin was fast round corners. For a passageway, they would be out of sight, then just as she thought she’d lost them she’d see one of them again.

“This way!” Yin yelled suddenly changing direction. Yin had a plan. They’d lose the gang in the busiest part of town. Yin took them through the twisting alleyways, never pausing for a moment. She wanted to go to the town square where people flocked at this time of day. They were only three while the gang was made up of many, they could quite easily blend in with a crowd and lose the thugs. “Here” Yin yelled as she turned into the last corner which came out into the bustling crowd. She shimmied and dodged, hoping the boys could follow her movements. She looked back at them every now and then, but never stopped completely. She could no longer see Don’s men. They hadn’t been in sight when she’d burst out into the city streets.

Her heart jumped “I think we lost them!” She cried, locating Han and Ren. “We should slow down now, so we look like the rest of the people here.” She whispered to them. Yin wanted to talk to these two somewhere. “Follow me, we need somewhere to talk.” She didn’t ask them she just told them and started walking. Yin never means to be rude, her brain was just a couple steps ahead, thinking of all the things she wanted to say, she didn’t realize how bossy that sounded. “We can go to my mothers Tea Shop.” She suggested looking back at them. The thought kind of worried her. She didn’t want to see that upsetting look on her mothers face again, but it was a place Yin always felt safe. Even if she hated having to work there instead of training, she liked the little corner shop. It was a warm, friendly place. She couldn’t think of anywhere she’d rather recover from everything that had just happened. Yin also had to thank Han for what he had done, although she felt that familiar shame, this time it wouldn’t be right not to thank her savior.

They walked in the direction of the tea shop and soon found themselves at the familiar sliding bamboo door. When Yin entered, her mother was there serving a table near the door. Yin met her eyes for only a moment before she went back to work, ignoring the girl. Yin felt a stab of guilt but put it away. She couldn’t entertain her own problems while her new companions were watching. “Come, take a seat.”

It took a lot of willpower for Shane to not just bust out laughing when the other fell into a mud puddle honestly it was quite comical to him.  Though, he really would have been far happier if the other had answered rather than fallen.  Gods that must have been embarrassing for the other.  "Now that I have your at-" 

"YOU!"

"Um yes?   No need to shout I can hear fine thank you.  Now to the question I had sinc"

"GET HIM, CRUSH HIM!"

"Uh...What?   W-Wait a moment.  I'm honestly not one who likes to be crushed, lets just have a nic-"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, GET THAT WHITE-HAIRED FREAK."

At these words Shane hit the end of his staff on the roof not paying much mind to the lackeys yet.  "Again with the white hair!?"  He shouted obviously annoyed by that.  Shane is a calm person, and usually a gentle if a bit stupid soul.  But by the spirits and gods was he sick of people pointing out his white hair and calling him a freak.  "I was born like this okay!?  Nothing freaky about you jerk!  You know what?! I take back my apology for being rude!   Just because I'm special looking doesn't mean you got to go al-" 

"BURN HIM ALIVE, I'LL EAT HIM,"

"STOP INTRUPPTING ME ALREADY!!  AND I TASTE UTTERLY HORID!"  He shouted his attention at the hunter who just ignored the boys shouts and was fast approaching him..  Letting his staff go he went in grabbed the hunter by the arm and then judo flipped him onto his back.  Taking care not to actually injure the man, as he wasn't one for bloodshed.  Letting go of the man he looked and saw another approach closely followed by another. 

Knowing he couldn't really handle more than one opponent at a time he sighed.  Grabbing his staff he immediately jumped off the building.  The fall wasn't a great or an impressive on really, no more than six, maybe seven feet.  Now had he landed wrong it certainly would have hurt, but he didn't.  He landed on both feet, not twisting an ankle or anything like that, though it did put a lot of weight on his ankles which hurt a bit.  Getting right up he started to run.  He was about to pass the son Canren but looked at him for a second the men fast approaching.  Moving to the side the water that was on the man went off of him and the water that was in the puddle was now in the air.  Shane moving gracefully despite the rather baggy clothes water bend these things and with a swift motion made a wall of murky water in between him and the hunters.   "I just wanted to ask a simple question about the dragon! No need to want to eat me!!"  He shouted as he stuck out his tongue before bolting knowing the men would likely not give up in their purist.  At least Shane was kind enough not to leave Canren soaked.  

Instead of heading straight for the festival after breakfast, Nanzing had decided that he would work on some homework before they went into the village to attend the festival.  The teen wanted to get a bit of studying done since he had ended up sleeping all night instead when he'd been intending on taking just a short nap to recover from a long school day.  Retreating to his room with Saber, the cat had jumped onto his bed and laid there watching Nanzing as he had opened his book and began reading the chapter.    Lost in his reading and homework, Nanzing didn't realize that anyone was at his window until he heard a tapping on the glass. 

Nanzing looked up to see a face at the window.  A frown creased his features and it took him a few minutes to not only get over this surprise but also to recognize the person outside his window.   "Az?" he questioned in disbelief.   Saber looked up and let out a questioning meow.  "It's fine Saber," he said to his cat before moving his book to the side and opening the window so Azolan could climb through into his room.    Azolan had gotten older.  As Nanzing had been forced to realize when thinking of his friend, the person before him was no longer a teenager but an adult whereas Nanzing was still a teenager.  "What...what in the world?  What...where did you go?  What are you doing here?"  he questioned as he stood and  moving his chair to the wall beside his desk.    He looked behind him to his door as it opened to reveal his uncle who stopped inside the doorway as he too saw Azolan in the window.  

@RaptorHonks

Azolan smirked at the sight of Nanzing shocked look as he climbed through the window. "What? A friend cant come in to see another old friend, Nan?" He said in casually trying to make fun of this unusual situation for a brief moment not wanting to just bare down with his news. He looked at Nanzing with surprised, he had hardly changed from the school boy he knew, still the same seemingly shy and nerdy look. He thought back slightly at the dream and part of him wondered again if it was just a memory of Nanzing that came to him in the dream or really was a Nanzing sharing the dream. This momentarily made him forget why he was here.

" You look well, better than me obviously." He said taking a moment to catch his breath from all the running and climbing."Damn... The climb was easier to do when we were teenagers... To answer to your first question, i was recruited to the army."

@eclipsehowls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back