• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Active [Frontier] Well Well Well...

StarPrincessVal

Princess of the Stars
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is a Roleplay set in the Isekai Hell universe. It takes place in the south of Ryke in a small town called Faeremeadow. It will follow Azrelius, a hybrid Beast/Fae looking to understand the world, Alden, a young Human Man looking to improve his wealth and fortunes, and Inanna, a human woman living in the moment and taking each day as it comes, as they are sent on a quest into the mountains, stumbling across an ancient and dormant secret. This is a closed RP. We are not taking on any more characters without my approval. Anyone who enjoys this RP and would like to learn more about the Isekai Hell universe is encouraged to follow the links. <3

1710236224769.pngFaeremeadow, Ryke
Location: Faeremeadow, in the far south of Ryke, between the See and the Eastern Empire
Time of Day: Nearing Nightfall
Weather: Overcast
Characters: Azrelius ( Naythophyl Naythophyl ) Alden ( LightningJay LightningJay ) Inanna ( Rojuc Rojuc )
The interior of the tavern is bustling as the evening crowd made its way in, the people of the city coming to relax after the day of work. Three figures found themselves among the citizens, perhaps just finishing a job themselves, or merely stopping for a meal on their travels. The server nearly danced as she navigated the crowd, dodging and weaving while ferrying food to tables and drinks to patrons. The sound of local entertainment picked up with a few finishing their meals and starting to play a set of old instruments. All in all, it was a pleasant evening in the life of this small town.

But as was common in such places, the peace didn't last long. The doors flew open in a frenzy as a man stumbled into the establishment, covered in dirt and blood, holding his arm as though it were injured. "Someone! Please!1710237511338.png I need help! My wife! My wife is trapped in the mountains! I couldn't get to her... Please..." Practically collapsing, he slumped forward and caught himself on a table, using it to help him stand. The townsfolk around the bar began to whisper and mutter, but did nothing to assist the man, the few nearbydistancing themselves from him as if he were a pariah. "Please... Isn't there anyone here would help me? I-I can pay! I don't have much coin on me, but the cart has supplies I could give you in exchange! Please... anyone..." He slumps down in the booth and rests his head in his hands to calm himself as the bar continues to ignore him, a few people even leaving in a hurry.

Last edited:
Alden
OIG2.jpg

Naythophyl Naythophyl Rojuc Rojuc StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

“Thank you for the drink, sweetheart.” Alden smiled at the waitress, as she placed his glass of wine on the table. He was fortunate enough to have swiped a couple of coins from the noble ladies back in his hometown, however his funds were starting to run out and he had to find a new source of income soon. His eyes lingered on the server, as she weaved in and out among the crowd of patrons, her graceful movements making him forget about all his worries for a moment. He’d then notice the local band as they began their music. Music, huh… Well, he did have his own lute, and that could probably earn him a couple of quick bucks, he mused to himself, sipping on his drink as he did so.

There was no need to worry, for that he was sure all the pieces would fall into place given time. Just as he was having this thought, the doors to the tavern burst wide open, revealing a poor injured fellow. It seemed like the man had encountered some problems, and was even willing to offer… money? The smile on Alden’s face grew wider. Although even if the man had not offered any reward, Alden would still have helped the man regardless. Years of experience told him that building up one’s reputation was far more important than making quick money in the short term, and the man right before him seemed to be a merchant of sorts. Alden could easily bring in tons more money just by having connections with this man!

Without any moment to waste, Alden would leapt to his feet, striding his way over to the man. “I’d be happy to help, my dear friend. For now, please elaborate more about the situation.”

Emerging from a day of labor in the mines, Azrelius made his way through the crowded tavern, his chimeric appearance drawing a few unsettled glances, a reminder of the uniqueness he carried. Choosing a humble corner, he settled down, his white feathered wings adjusting slightly as he signaled the server for a meal.

1710257691935.png

As Azrelius was about to take a bite of his meal, his vulpine ears perked up, picking up a commotion at the tavern's entrance. Disrupted by the swinging tavern doors, he watched as a disheveled man stumbled in, his plea for help met with an unsettling silence from the indifferent townsfolk. This familiar feeling, the subtle avoidance that often accompanied his hybrid existence, washed over Azrelius.

Midway through rising from his seat in response to the injured man's plea, Azrelius paused, his yellow eyes catching sight of a young man energetically springing to his feet. A genuine smile played on Azrelius's features as he observed the newcomer's eager demeanor.

"Well met," Azrelius greeted, appreciating Alden's swift and altruistic response. "Please allow me to also offer my aid. I am Azrelius, an explorer familiar with nature and her unyielding ways." His words carried a sense of camaraderie, extending a hand of support in the unfolding situation, his draconic tail swaying slightly in anticipation.

Alden ( LightningJay LightningJay ) Inanna ( Rojuc Rojuc ) StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Inanna, a brash young woman with a penchant for the present moment, found herself entrenched in the lively atmosphere of the tavern. Amidst the raucous crowd, she observed a spectrum of scenes unfolding before her eyes: fledgling adventurers mustering their courage for a maiden voyage, regular patrons escalating from playful banter to physical confrontation, and weathered veterans returning from distant journeys. Rather than succumbing to envy, Inanna felt a surge of excitement coursing through her veins. She knew her own adventure loomed on the horizon, and until then, she relished in the simple pleasure of a steaming bowl of stew.

Gazing at the hearty concoction before her, Inanna wrinkled her nose in contemplation. "Definitely not chicken, and probably not beef or pork either." She mused aloud, her brow furrowing with curiosity. Despite her best efforts to decipher its origins, the stew's ingredients remained shrouded in mystery. "Meh, who cares." She shrugged, abandoning her gustatory investigation in favor of savoring its rich flavors. "It's damn good whatever it is."

Just as she settled into the rhythm of her meal, a commotion at the tavern's entrance shattered the relative calm. A disheveled man with tousled brown hair burst through the doors, his frantic demeanor drawing the attention of patrons near and far.

Inanna's interest piqued, she set down her spoon with a clatter, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand before pushing back her chair with purposeful determination. "Mountains, huh?" She muttered aloud, casting a brief glance toward the ceiling as if contemplating the distant peaks. With a decisive slurp, she drained the last remnants of stew from her bowl and rose to her feet, her movements fluid and confident.

As the distressed man drew in a few would-be companions, Inanna would be the third to approach, her expression a mixture of curiosity and readiness. "Well, well, well." She greeted them with a cocksure grin. "Looks like you've stumbled into a bit of a pickle, haven't ya?" Folding her arms across her chest, she regarded them with keen interest. "Name's Inanna." She introduced herself, her tone casual yet assertive. "So, what's the plan, huh?"

1710492523071.png
Faeremeadow Tavern
As the trio approached and began to address him, the man slowly lifted his eyes to them. He quickly glanced over them, before his memory outweighed his shock. "I will take any help I can get. Thank you all." Inanna and Alden's inquiring returned him to the urgency at hand. "Yes, right, details and a plan. My wife and I are travelling merchants. We purchase goods in several of the small cities in the area and deliver them to a town not too far into the mountains east of here. We were returning after a delivery, when a land slide cause the storm higher up the peak separated us. The earth carried the damn cart with it as it flowed past. I couldn't get through it. I don't even know if she was taken with it. God's what kind of husband am I? I came here for help immediately, I ran all day. Please, we need to hurry as fast as we can to make sure she's safe, or save her if she's not."

He relaxed, his entire body slouching in defeat. "I've heard of people like yourselves. Travelers and vagabonds who tend to show up and aid those in need. I know the drill. I do not hold it against you, a job deserves payment, but as I said, the cart was taken with the slide. All my possessions of value, all the money we made, all of it was taken into the canyon. But, if you aid me in finding my wife, I swear on all the gods of every country that I will help you free the cart and you are welcome to any of it. All of it! Please. Please help me find her."

Mentions: Rojuc Rojuc Naythophyl Naythophyl LightningJay LightningJay

As the brown-haired man unraveled the details of their predicament, Inanna's mind wandered, dancing through a maze of whimsical conjectures. While she made a valiant effort to remain attentive, her thoughts meandered down idyllic alleys of name-guessing. "Lester." She silently christened the brown-haired man, her gaze lingering upon him with a speculative air. "With those friendly blue eyes, he could be a Jimmy." She mused, her attention briefly flitting towards Alden. "And the slick fox vibe? Definitely a Rick." She concluded, her gaze settling on Azrelius.

Lost in her playful reverie, Inanna's focus snapped back to the conversation at hand when the topic shifted to compensation. The revelation that the distressed couple were merchants with wares to spare sparked a flicker of excitement within her. As the discussion drew to a close, she raised her hand in a swift, informal gesture, more as a sign of enthusiasm than one that asked for permission.

"As long as there's something fancy to sink my teeth into, count me in." She declared, her tone brimming with eagerness at the prospect of sampling exotic delicacies. "I might've missed it, but what do you guys go by?" Inanna added, her happy-going demeanor inviting further camaraderie. Having already introduced herself, Inanna eagerly awaited the opportunity to familiarize herself with her newfound companions.

Taking a good once over the strange fox beastman who had approached them, Alden wondered how such a creature even came to be. He wasn’t really surprised, given that he was in a new world with tons of mysterious beings walking around, but few had the traits of so many unique beasts. There were the antler horns, the wings, and the draconic tail, and not to mention he was a fox man. “How fascinating... Mr Azrelius, I’m sure your help will be much appreciated.” Alden smiled at him. The next to join them would be a brash woman. She seemed like a fun one. “Great, now we’ve got a party going.” Alden mused to himself, before allowing the poor man to explain his story.

“Hey my friend, calm down for a sec, will ya? As enticing as it is for us to go and take all those possessions of yours, we’d be no better than robbers if we took everything you had on you. It’d be the same as just leaving you out to die! Oh we can’t possibly do that… But of course, I’d be most grateful if you could spare some small change for us after this job’s well and done. As for the job itself, of course it goes without saying that I’m in.” Alden reassured the man, before Inanna pointed out the fact that they should reintroduce themselves.

“Ah you have a good point, I haven’t introduced myself yet. I’m Alden, and it will be my pleasure to work with you guys.” His gaze would sweep the group, before fixing on Inanna. He’d stare right into her eyes, as his usual playful smile was plastered on his face, before winking at her and turning his attention back to the rest.

Azrelius listened attentively to Alden's thoughtful words, nodding in agreement as he considered the delicate balance between helping the distressed man and maintaining their integrity. "I agree," Azrelius remarked with a warm smile. "We are here to aid, not to take advantage. Your gratitude after the job is enough, and any assistance you can offer will be greatly appreciated."

Turning to the distressed man, Azrelius spoke with a reassuring tone, "Please rest assured, we are here to help find your wife. Our motives are guided by compassion, not greed. Your gratitude and cooperation are all we seek in return."

1710508041111.png

As Inanna's suggestion for introductions circled back, Azrelius nodded in agreement. "Indeed, introductions are in order. I am Azrelius, a humble explorer and student of nature's wonders. It is a pleasure to join forces with all of you."

Alden ( LightningJay LightningJay ) Inanna ( Rojuc Rojuc ) StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

1710773715762.png
Faeremeadow Tavern
The man looked once more over the small eclectic group, surprised gratefulness on his face before he had the chance to compose himself. He smiled and nodded at them, Standing so they could head out quickly. "So, exotic goods, a bit of coin, and my eternal appreciation and what small amount of assistance one such as myself could provide. I can more than happily agree to this deal. I am Sedge Branson, and it is truly a pleasure and honor to meet you all. Now we should hurry. I'll pull a final favor to get us some horses. Please take care of anything you need to tend to and meet me at the western town entrance, we'll head out from there. Thank you all again." With a final mustered smile, he hurried out the door and toward the stables.

Well entrance.jpg
Mountains East of Ryke

Location: Mountains East of Ryke on the border with the East Empire
Time of Day: Early Night
Weather: Storming
Characters: Azrelius ( Naythophyl Naythophyl Naythophyl Naythophyl ) Alden ( LightningJay LightningJay LightningJay LightningJay ) Inanna ( Rojuc Rojuc Rojuc Rojuc )

It takes you a few hours to reach the mountains, moving quickly and only resting as was necessary for the horses. Leaving the steeds tethered to a tree near an abandoned shack, you begin to make your way into the spires. Not long in, the coming storm reveals itself, informing you that this will be no easy task. It starts as thunder and distant lightning that slowly grows louder and brighter, and suddenly, a heavy blanket of rain falls upon you. It quickly becomes to dark to see, and with great hesitation and disappointment, Sedge shouts to find shelter. A flash of lightning reveals a cave a small way further up, and within minutes you are all out of the squall. Sedge lifts a thick branch from the floor and examines it for a moment. "I have a flint and steel on me, but my clothes are soaked, there's no way a piece of them will light. Anybody have any cloth or anything we can use to make a torch? We may be here a bit and some light sounds better than sitting in the dark..."

Before leaving the tavern, Azrelius settles his bill, leaving a generous tip for the server. Despite his modest means, he firmly believed that acts of kindness and gratitude were always worth demonstrating, regardless of the circumstances.

As Azrelius approached the stables, his gaze was immediately captivated by the magnificent creature standing before him. The horse, adorned with a beautiful brown coat that shimmered in the sunlight filtering through the clouds, exuded an air of elegance and strength.

Approaching the horse with a gentle smile, Azrelius couldn't help but admire its calm demeanor and the intelligence reflected in its eyes. He reached out to stroke the horse's mane, feeling a deep respect for the noble steed.

1710791127483.png

As the rain began to cascade down upon the group, Azrelius instinctively activated his "Control Environment" skill, creating a protective barrier that left about half an inch around his body dry and warm. Azrelius took this skill for granted until Sedge mentioned his soaked clothes, prompting Azrelius to come up with a quick yet perhaps awkward solution.

Being mindful of his companions' comfort and dignity, Azrelius spoke with gentle sincerity, "Friends, it appears we've found ourselves in a bit of a damp predicament. I possess a skill that can dry your clothes if I have them on me, but I understand if the idea of removing them might seem a bit... unconventional."

He paused, allowing them a moment to absorb his suggestion, respecting their autonomy and feelings in the matter.

LightningJay LightningJay Rojuc Rojuc StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

When Azrelius mentioned that their motives were guided by compassion and not greed, Alden nodded approvingly. Great! The fox had already bought into the ‘nice guy’ act he was putting up. Truth be told, he was only acting kind because the man would make a good piggy bank down the line, through the useful connections he probably had. The poor man was just another tool to be used in the grand scheme of things. He would thank them once again for their kindness, to which Alden would reply. “No problem, my good sir.”

Later on, the group would start making their way for the mountains. Alden was impressed by the beauty of the rocky hills, and he couldn’t help but stare at the scenery. He was much more used to working in the city life and rarely went travelling himself. The hills before him felt so mystical and fantastical, with mists flowing between them. Just as he was having this thought, it started pouring heavily out of nowhere. Ugh… What a way to ruin the mood! Thankfully, he tend to store his belongings in his pocket dimension, so they were safe and sound from the elements.

Arriving in the shelter, everyone (aside from Azrelius) was soaked through and through. Azrelius suggested they removed their clothes and put them onto him? That sounded like a strange skill, but the beastman did seem pretty dry despite the rain so maybe he did have some trick up his sleeve.

“Well Azrelius my friend, I do happen to have cloth, and a spare change of clothes for anyone who needs it. You could say that I am sort of a clothing merchant myself.” Opening up his pocket dimension, Alden would retrieve his bag of disguises before rummaging through for suitable clothing for himself. He'd toss a piece of cloth towards Sedge. "Hopefully this suffices for lighting a fire." Although Alden wasn't actually a clothing merchant, but they may find it suspicious if he was carrying all these different clothing in his bag.

Inanna
s5lYvo7.png

With introductions now exchanged, the quartet departed from the bustling tavern, securing their horses and embarking on their journey eastward. Hours passed, the sky dimmed, and they found themselves navigating a treacherous mountain trail as dusk settled in. Unfortunately, nature chose this moment to unleash its fury, drenching the travelers in an unforgiving downpour. Reluctantly abandoning their steeds, they pressed on, the urgent mission leaving them little room for hesitation.

As they trudged along the narrow path, buffeted by the storm's ferocity, the group's progress slowed to a crawl. With visibility dwindling and the elements raging against them, they eventually sought refuge in the shelter of a small cavern.

Grateful for the company of resourceful companions, Inanna watched as Sedge swiftly set about kindling a fire, his pragmatic nature earning her admiration. However, it was Azrelius' unexpected gesture that truly captured her attention. Eager to escape the chill of her soaked garments, she wasted no time in accepting his offer, shedding her outer robe to reveal the snug bandages that wrapped her frame. "Thanks, Azy." She chirped, extending her damp clothes towards him with a lopsided grin, unfazed by her impromptu disrobing.

As she awaited the comforting warmth of dry clothing, Inanna's gaze wandered, alighting upon Alden and the remarkable phenomenon unfolding before her. "Whoa!" She exclaimed, her eyes widening in astonishment as she observed the unfamiliar display of a pocket dimension at work. "That's some neat trick you've got there!" She remarked, her curiosity piqued. With a mischievous glint in her eye, she leaned forward, a playful grin tugging at her lips. "So Al, any chance ya got any snacks tucked away in there?" She quipped, her irreverent spirit undimmed by the damp and dreary surroundings.

1711003083576.png
Cave in the Mountains East of Ryke

Location: Inside a cavern in the Mountains East of Ryke on the border with the East Empire
Characters: Azrelius ( Naythophyl Naythophyl Naythophyl Naythophyl ) Alden ( LightningJay LightningJay LightningJay LightningJay ) Inanna ( Rojuc Rojuc Rojuc Rojuc )

The young man stared at Azrelius for a moment, not sure if this was some kind of joke he wasn't aware of, but after deciding it was an earnest offer, he simply shook his head. "I... uh... I appreciate the offer, but the temperature isn't too bad and I should dry before long. Actually... it feels a little warm doesn't it?" He was right, a warm air seemed to be blowing your way from somewhere further in the cavern.

Sedge caught the cloth that Alden tossed him, quickly wrapping it around the branch and pulling it taught. "Thanks, this'll do." He took a flask from out of his jacket, pouring a bit of the liquid over the makeshift torch before taking a swig and returning it. "I use it sparingly, helps calm the nerves and warm the colder nights, but I'm thankful to have it now." He set the branch down and struck his flint a few times until a spark caught, flame quickly enveloping the mildly fueled cloth. "There that's better, now we can see."

What he could see, however, surprised him momentarily as he took notice of Inanna's bandage wrapped form. As if seeing someone in their small clothes he averted his eyes a moment before remembering why they were here. Now wasn't the time to be polite. "There's not much we can do until the sto-" Sedge's eyes suddenly caught something glinting on the ground in the new light. "Is that...?" He picked up a small copper locket with "S&J" embossed on the front. "Janene?" He looked down the tunnel, into the darkness ahead of them. "This is the locket I gave her, she must have found this cave as well. The cart was taken higher up the mountain, she must have been carried here by the land slide... She could be hurt!" He instantly began to run down the tunnel, shouting her name as he ran. "Janene! Janene, are you here?!"

When Inanna would disrobe, Alden would raise an eyebrow only to realize that she had bandages covering her body. Well, that ain’t too bad then. However, he’d still avert his gaze respectfully, until she suddenly popped up right beside him asking for snacks. “Sorry, I don’t have much else other than clothes. I’m pretty broke myself so I only spend on food when necessary.” He said, shaking his head in dismay.

After changing out his drenched shirt for a new one, he'd open his pocket dimension once more to keep the bag, before taking a quick glance around him making sure no one was looking. Then, he'd take out his dagger as well, tucking it into the sleeve of his long sleeved shirt and using [Concealment F] to hide it. This cave was pretty ominous, and he’d feel a lot safer with his weapon at the ready. Sedge would mention about how it was feeling warm here as warm air blew their way. “That is good. There must be an exit close by.”

That was when Sedge took notice of a locket on the floor, before running deeper into the tunnels all by himself. “And there he goes... Shall we chase after him? Would be bad if we got split up in this dark cave, and he’s the only one with the light source.”

Azrelius removed some of his clothing to comfortably wear Inanna's clothes, warming them up in the process. Just as he finished, Sedge rushed off down the cave path, Azrelius returned the now-warmed clothes to Inanna and redressed himself.

The sudden urgency in Sedge's actions caught Azrelius off guard, briefly stirring a sense of urgency within him as well. However, he was not one to rush blindly into a situation. Taking a moment to assess their surroundings, Azrelius relied on his keen senses, attuned to the subtle cues of the environment.

As Alden proposed chasing after Sedge, Azrelius raised a hand in a calming gesture. "Just one moment," he said softly, his expression focused yet composed. In that moment, Azrelius's heightened senses came alive, his keen sense of smell picking up faint traces of minerals and metals, his appraisal skills analyzing the terrain, and his mining expertise intuitively sensing the geological composition of the cave.

1711024684033.png

Inanna
s5lYvo7.png

As conversations ebbed and flowed in the dimly lit cave, Inanna's anticipation grew, her eyes alight with the promise of warmth, and if she was lucky, some sustenance. Amidst the idle moments, she observed Azrelius' pragmatic approach to heating their clothing, a simple yet effective technique that garnered her admiration.

"Nice little trick you've got there, Azy." Inanna remarked with a grin as she received her freshly warmed robes. Swiftly donning the garments, she relished in their newfound coziness, a tangible shield against the chill that permeated the cavern.

As she busied herself with adjusting her attire, snippets of conversation floated through the air, catching her attention. Sedge's mention of his wife sparked a glimmer of hope within her, a silent reassurance that their journey was guided by destiny.

Before she could delve further into contemplation, however, Sedge's sudden emotional outburst propelled him deeper into the cave, leaving Inanna momentarily stunned. Resolved to follow Alden's lead, she found herself halted by Azrelius, whose enigmatic presence hinted at yet another hidden talent.

"Looks like you've got another trick up your sleeve, huh?" Inanna remarked, her curiosity piqued as she eagerly awaited the revelation of their furry companion's capabilities. With a playful glint in her eye, she leaned forward, eager to witness the unfolding spectacle.

1711352813846.png
Location: Inside a cavern in the Mountains East of Ryke on the border with the East Empire
As Sedges footsteps grow fainter, Azrelius used his heightened senses and detection abilities to gather what he could about their current environment. Much of what he detected was typical in what you would expect of a cave in this area. Standard rock and mineral composition, minor traces of semi precious metals such as copper, tin, and iron. However two things stood out. The mild heat they were feeling from deeper within, didn't seem to have a recognizable source. The light scent of smoke from Sedge's torch was present, but nothing as powerful as a large fire would generate. No noxious smells like sulfur, methane, or nitrogen were in the air, so a natural vent was unlikely. And no sound of bubbling water disturbed the silence, meaning a hot spring wasn't likely either. Whatever was causing this heat seemed undetectable, and the way it flowed implied a direct path to it, with few paths dispersing its concentration. The last thing Azrelius picked up on was ancient minor work done to the walls and floors of the cave with tools, making this an intentional path. This cave used to be well travelled, though very little sounds hinted at any current occupants besides all of you.

A crash of thunder and flash of lightning provided a moment of light in the pitch black darkness, and the wind rushing past the mouth of the cave brought forth a haunting howl. It seemed the storm still had many hours left to rage. Whether Sedge's wife was present or not, it was likely you would be staying the night in the cave.

Inanna
s5lYvo7.png

Inanna's anticipation simmered as she awaited Azrelius to spring into action, his heightened senses poised to unravel the mysteries veiled to ordinary perception. Despite her own lack of such acuity, she watched with hopeful fascination, her eyes brimming with eager anticipation amidst the storm raging outside.

The thunderous rumble and brilliant flashes of lightning that punctuated the air failed to rattle her composure. Yet, as the echoing footsteps of Sedge gradually faded into the distance, a faint twinge of unease prickled at Inanna's patience. Restless by nature, she found herself teetering on the edge of impatience, the seconds stretching taut like an overwound spring.

1711377515092.png
"Well, friends," Azrelius began, his voice steady and calm amidst the storm's fury, "nothing stands out to me as being especially hazardous, so we may continue after Sedge." He paused briefly, casting a thoughtful glance around the cave to reaffirm his assessment of their surroundings.

"As we go," he continued, his tone carrying a hint of intrigue, "I do want to mention two things of note. First, there are neither any signs of smoke or sulfur nor bubbling water, so the heat in the air remains a mystery." Azrelius gestured towards the faint warmth they all felt, a curious anomaly in the otherwise cold and damp cave.

"Second," Azrelius added, his eyes scanning the walls with a discerning gaze, "if you look closely at the walls, you can see pick marks." He pointed out the subtle indentations, evidence of past human activity in the cave. "This indicates that this cave and path have been augmented, if not entirely excavated, though the work is old, and I don't think it's been recently used."

Azrelius paused, allowing his words to sink in before concluding, "Sentient beings have been here before, and there is no telling what may be left behind for us to discover." His words held a sense of caution and curiosity, acknowledging both the potential dangers and possible treasures that awaited them in the depths of the ancient cavern.

Alden cocked his head to one side when Azrelius told them to pause for a moment, curious about what the fox had in mind. He seemed to be sensing the area, perhaps he had some skill that could enable him to do that? Alden took a mental note of this fact. It was nice to learn more about his allies capabilities whenever he got the chance. Never know when it might come in handy, especially if he had the chance to stab them in the back one day. A small smile crept onto the boy’s face as he had this thought.

After a brief moment, the fox announced to the team was that their environment was mostly cleared of enemies. Alden could feel the tension escaping from him as he heaved a sigh of relief. “Well then, I’m sure this is a relatively safe and welcoming cave of sorts. The heat could be coming from a cozy campfire perhaps. In the meantime, how about enjoying a little bit of music? Allow me to lift your spirits everyone.” Reaching into his pocket dimension, Alden would retrieve his ukulele, merrily strumming a simple tune on it as the group walked along the path.

DALL·E 2023-11-15 02.54.04 - anime style drawing of a large, ancient and mysterious fountain i...png
Characters: Azrelius ( Naythophyl Naythophyl ) Alden ( LightningJay LightningJay ) Inanna ( Rojuc Rojuc )
As the group walked, the heat increased ever so slightly, and a pulsing hum began to grow, like a heart beat. But Azrelius detected nothing new and Alden's playing kept the mood light. Ahead of them, a light could be seen moving around the opening of a cavern and voices could be heard. One belonged to Sedge and the other to a woman, their voices excited about something.

Upon entering the cavern, the trio could see what the excitement was about. In the center of the cavern, barely visible from Sedge's torch, was what appeared to be a large dry fountain. Several meters away, Sedge and a woman were examining a large statue. It seemed to be of a bear, and the base was covered in some form of Fae writing. Sedge then noticed the others, turning and waving them over.

"Good, you're here! Sorry about running off like that, but she was here! This is her, my wife I mean, Jasmine. Jas, these are the people I told you about who came with me to find you." A Human Woman dressed in merchant attire, though with a slight colorful pattern around the edges, smiled and gave a casual bow. "I thank you for assisting my husband and I, it was very kind and courageous of you. Once this storm breaks, we can find the wagon and oxen. Gods willing, they're in one piece." Sedge, pointed behind him to the statue and gestured the others over. "Check this out! There several of these statues set around the fountain at the center. This must have been an important place at some time." Jasmine chuckled and followed her husband. "I tried hiking down the mountain, but when the storm began, I ran into this cave to wait it out. when I felt the warm air, I followed it here, hoping to possibly find a traveler camp. I couldn't see anything though, so I didn't even notice the statues till Sedge burst in. Aren't they curious? They are statues of animals, but are scribed by Fae. And I can't identify the material they are made of either."

As Sedge approached the statue once more, something caught his eye. He moved a little further in and the light from his torch revealed a brazier. He dipped the torch into it and a flame burst forth, casting dim light throughout the cavern. With the fountain at the center, six statues of animals form a ring around it, with a seventh statue on the end broken and shattered. Sedge whistles as he stares out, taking it all in. The light shows he standing at the base of a staircase that rises a short distance before coming to a platform with several more braziers and a large stone door. "We should see if there's anything here worth taking. Might even be worth setting up a permanent site here, if the place is safe and restorable."

Last edited:

As the group rejoined Sedge and his wife, Alden smiled at the reunited duo. “I’m glad we were able to be of help, although truth be told we simply just followed Sedge here.” It didn’t really seem like they did much to help, but Alden wouldn’t complain about having an easy job. He’d only hoped that Sedge would uphold his end of the deal.

When Sedge suggested looking around the place for any valuable goodies, Alden would reply, “you make a good point. These statues could be part of a puzzle leading to a treasure of sorts, and now that we’re here, we might as well find ways to profit from the situation.” Saying this, he used his [Appraisal E] on the statues. “Perhaps there’s a clue somewhere that could enable us to open that door.” He mused to himself.

1711715224062.png

"A heat with no source, an unidentifiable material, and presumed Fae masonry", Azrelius remarked as he completed his own appraisal, recalling any similar stone he might have encountered in his mining experiences. "Without knowing who put this here and for what purpose, I would not be so quick to remove anything. This could be a sacred site. We should investigate further."

Azrelius gestured towards the other braziers as he walked towards the stone door. "Sedge, could you light the rest of these?" His voice was filled with a mix of caution and curiosity, eager to uncover more secrets while respecting the potential significance of the place they had stumbled upon.

1712112691670.png

Sedge pondered Azrelius's words. "A sacred site? You think so? Even if it was at one time, if there is no left to hold it sacred, is it still such? But maybe you're right, our luck is hard enough with Eastern Empire patrols, we don't need to add ancient curses to it. We'll make sure not to mess with anything that seems too sacred." He listened as Aldne spoke as well. "You think it might be a puzzle? What would they be hiding?" He turned at Azrelius's request and hurried up the steps to bring light the other braziers.

Meanwhile, Jasmine continued to look over the rest of the statues. "Let's see. This one appears to be a boar. And this one's a fox. There's a rabbit over here... It's strange the Bear is the only one with two figures on its pedestal. I wonder what the significance of that is..."

Sedge lowered his torch into the final brazier, now illuminating much of the raised platform he and Azrelius stood on. It was made from a similar stone as the fountain, but the door was something slightly darker. The rhythmic hum was louder here, as if it was coming from beyond the door, almost making Azrelius believe the sound is being muffled. It was noticeably warmer here as well, the heat emanating from the door. Sedge walked up and held his hand out, but left it hovering near the door. "What do you think that is?"

As Alden glanced around from the lower section, his eyes began to pick up details of their surroundings. Particularly, glimmering objects settled in what appeared to be the ruins of wooden structures on the outskirts of the cavern, as well as more braziers. Jasmine seems too distracted by the writing on the statues to have noticed.

1712150777816.png
Azrelius took a moment to absorb the details of their surroundings, his keen senses attuned to the subtle cues and mysteries that enveloped the cavern. As he considered the raised platform, the rhythmic hum, and the warmth emanating from the mysterious door, a thoughtful expression crossed his face.

"I believe," Azrelius began, his voice measured and contemplative, "that this place holds more secrets than we initially realized. The two figures on the Bear's pedestal may signify duality or balance, perhaps representing opposing forces or complementary aspects. As for the door and the hum beyond it, it's difficult to say without further exploration."

He turned his attention to Sedge and Jasmine. "We should proceed with caution. The fact that this area is well-crafted and adorned with Fae markings indicates a purpose beyond mere decoration. It's possible that whatever lies beyond that door is of significant importance, whether it be treasure, ancient knowledge, or something else entirely."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back