• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Active [Frontier] Well Well Well...

Alden
OIG2.jpg

Naythophyl Naythophyl Rojuc Rojuc StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Alden sighed upon hearing about how it was a sacred site and that they shouldn’t be removing anything recklessly. What a boring fox! If anything, that was all the more reason to go around stealing. All the more thrilling that is! Sedge would inquire about what they could possibly be hiding here. “I dunno, but whatever it is, I’m sure it’s pretty valuable.” Alden replied. That was when he noticed the glimmering objects among some wooden structures.

“Let’s keep searching the statues, there’s probably a key or a button to the door somewhere around here.” He instructed the others with [Deception F], although he withheld revealing about the glimmering objects. With them distracted, this was his chance! He slipped away over to the wooden structures at the outskirts of the cavern. They may have noticed him leaving though as he didn’t have any stealth skills or anything, but he was hoping he'd be able to snatch a couple of the treasure for himself before they noticed him.

1712461066643.png
Cave in the Mountains East of Ryke
Location: Inside a cavern in the Mountains East of Ryke on the border with the East Empire
Time of Day: Early Night
Weather: Storming
Characters: Azrelius ( Naythophyl Naythophyl ) Alden ( LightningJay LightningJay ) Inanna ( Rojuc Rojuc )

Jasmine nodded as she turned and walked toward Azrelius. "I believe you may be on to something, but that much is not a strong case. Anything could be behind this door, and we have no idea what its purpose could be. Regardless of what it is, if we just leave it here, the next people to find it might not be so cautious. I think our best bet is to figure out what secrets this place might hold and determine the next course of action from there."

Sedge spun in place with the torch, mildly nervous. "Surely it's not dangerous, right? Nothing dangerous could just... sit down here, right?" His torch light shone on the faces of the statues, illuminating their strong details. At Alden's suggestion he approached one of the statues and circled it, holding the light close and focusing on the pedestal.

Alden approached the structural remains while every one else seemed to be distracted with the door. It was difficult to see so far from the fires, but the glistening managed to stick out amongst the shadows. After picking one up, it was revealed not to be gold, or any precious metal, but beads made of polished stone. Another few pieces were glazed pottery. While not the treasure he had hoped, much of this did hold value to the write person. sifting some old fabric and wood remains aside, he did come across a small decaying wooden box with a completed beaded necklace within.

1712576246663.png

Azrelius nodded, considering Jasmine's caution and Sedge's concerns. "Indeed, something that doesn't require food or water may still pose a threat, depending on its nature. However, our curiosity may outweigh our apprehensions at this point. Shall we open the door and uncover the mysteries that lie beyond? Who knows, behind this wall may be natural sources of food and water that could aid us in our journey." His gaze shifted towards the stone door, the rhythmic hum seeming to beckon them further into the unknown.

As Alden searched through the structures for treasure, he’d notice that most of the items would be of value to the merchant Sedge, as he could potentially sell them and trade with others as a merchant. With that in mind, he’d open his pocket dimension and chuck any shiny items in.

As he continued his search, he came across a completed beaded necklace within a wooden box. Now this looked a lot more valuable. Putting the necklace into his pocket, he would regroup with the others. “Hmmm, let’s try pushing the door open.” He suggested as he walked up and gave it a hard push.

1712718506748.png
Location: Inside a cavern in the Mountains East of Ryke on the border with the East Empire
Characters: Azrelius ( Naythophyl Naythophyl ) Alden ( LightningJay LightningJay ) Inanna ( Rojuc Rojuc )

"I believe opening the door is our best option." She readied her self to push, looking to Azrelius. "Alright, whenever you're rea-" Jasmine's voice cut dead as Alden just strolled up and shoved the doors open, the heavy stone giving way to swing inward. "I suppose that is one approach..."

A heavy blue glow poured out from the door, intensifying in rhythm with the thrum. The heat was worse now, like a day in the sands of the desert in the Western Empire. Sedge held his baggy sleeve up to cover much of his face as he squinted in. When it became clear Jasmine had every intention of entering, he moved up next to her, giving her a silent nod before moving in alongside her.

A short way in, the group reached a chamber that seemed to be the source of the odd occurrences. Three large pedestals sat in a triangular pattern in the room, to of them glowing a steady blue with large gems floating above them. The last pulses with an intense blue glow, a crystal lying on the floor at its base. What appear to be heat shimmers radiate from the top of the pedestal. "What is all this? It reminds me of that magitech stuff the Duchy uses, but... older."

Last edited:
1712749631256.png

Azrelius chuckled softly, appreciating Alden's bold move. "Ah, magic crystals," he remarked, his eyes scanning the chamber's contents. "I was wondering what could be radiating heat without burning or boiling." As the temperature surged, Azrelius instinctively activated "Control Environment," ensuring his own comfort amidst the rising warmth.

"I'm not well-versed in the technology of this world," Azrelius admitted, his gaze fixated on the crystal and the glowing pedestals. "However, I am detecting a pattern here. It seems logical that this crystal on the floor should be placed atop the pedestal," he suggested, pointing to the unoccupied pedestal. "Perhaps doing so would also affect the heat emanating from the pedestal, bringing us closer to understanding the purpose of this chamber."

Alden shrugged when the others stared at him as he opened the door. “Welp, someone was gonna do it eventually.” The door opened up to a mysterious chamber, with strange glowing gems floating out of nowhere. While others may have been in awe of it, all Alden thought to himself was whether it would sell for a high price or not.

Azrelius would suggest their next course of action, to which Alden would happily comply. “I hope you guys don’t mind.” Walking over, he’d pick up the crystal lying on the floor, carrying it into the middle of the pedestal.

1713117855577.png

As the crystal was lifted toward the pedestal, it was suddenly ripped from Alden's grasp by an intense force, pulling it to its rightful place. Instantly, the blue light began to intensify and the thrum grew louder, the heat becoming more intense. "I think it might be safest to step out of here, for the moment at least." Jasmine nodded to her husband and the others, moving toward the large stone door.

A few moments after the doors closed, a loud pulse sounded, and suddenly the thrumming stopped and the excessive heat began to dissipate. The markings on the door began to glow a soft yellow and the light traveled down the stairs and to the fountain. Yet still nothing poured forth from the dry basin. "Whatever returning the crystal did, it didn't seem to do what it was supposed to..." Sedge looked back toward the door and put his hand on it. "Doesn't seem so easy to move now though."

Jasmine watched the pulsing glow on the stairs, lost in thought. "If there were someway to read these markings, perhaps we could learn more about this place is... I doubt anyone would happen across this place if we left to find info on these symbols." She looked up to talk to Azrelius, but immediately froze, her eyes locked in the direction of the fountain. "Wait, what's...? Who's there?"

DALL·E 2023-11-15 02.02.10 - anime style character art of an older woman with rabbit ears and ...pngThe markings on the fountain slowly began to glow brighter, providing light to the majority of the cavern. Surrounding it, standing in front of the statues were several figures. the increasing brightness revealed they each bore features similar to the animal on their statue. "Look new people!... Where's everyone else?" the small voice was met with hushed whispers and finally, one figure stepped forward to address the group, her hand on a sword at her hip. "Who are you? Why have you come here?" Her words are cold, demanding, but not hateful. It is clear she is concerned more than angry.

DALL·E 2023-11-15 01.49.54 - anime style character art of a slightly older woman with small bo...pngDALL·E 2023-11-15 02.16.48 - anime style character art of an older woman with small boar ears ...pngDALL·E 2023-11-15 02.07.56 - anime style character art of an older man with fox ears and a bea...png
DALL·E 2023-11-15 02.13.02 - anime style character art of a woman with small boar ears on her ...pngDALL·E 2023-11-15 01.52.45 - anime style character art of a young man with shaggy black hair, ...png

1713269270262.png

As Azrelius turned his attention to the new arrivals, he couldn't help but notice a peculiar scent lingering in the air, a blend of earthy tones and something indefinably exotic. Jasmine had just looked over to talk to him as he made this appraisal to gather more information about these enigmatic figures.

When the woman, presumably the leader, demanded to know their identity and purpose, Azrelius stepped forward with a composed demeanor. "We mean no harm," he began, his voice carrying a soothing tone. "We were drawn here by curiosity and the mysteries this place holds." His eyes shifted between the figures, his gaze respectful yet inquisitive. "Might we inquire about who you are and the significance of this chamber?"

Azrelius understood the importance of maintaining a diplomatic approach, especially when encountering unknown entities in such a mysterious setting.

Last edited:

“Woah!” Alden yelped as the crystal flew right from his grasp and the doors closed by themselves, trapping them in. “Looks like things are finally getting interesting…” He smiled to himself, feeling the thrill and excitement build up within him. That was when they realized that they weren’t alone in this place. There were… a couple of beastkin? Alden didn’t know what they were doing here, but they sure looked like a cute bunch.

After Azrelius came forward to speak to their leader, Alden would speak up himself. “Forgive me, for that it’s my fault that have brought these unfortunate friends of mine into this mess. But the fox is right, we mean no harm and we’ll just leave if you tell us to do so. In order to seek for your forgiveness, allow me to play you a song.”

[Enchanting song] - seduction F, performance F - plays a song to captivate the listeners - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back