• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] Salty Tissue Paper

Loke Lenheart

IMG_0016.JPG

Mentions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Lulidew Lulidew
Loke sighed. "I see, thank you then. I'm sorry for being difficult. That wasn't my intention. Eat up, Orrius." He ate the seaweed without complaint after that. Listening to the Captain's words made him roll his eyes. Well, there was no point in raising a fuss about the lost items now. He'd just have to replace them later. "Oh well, it's just jewelry. Let them have it." He shook his head. They didn't bother with his wand so he was still in the clear. They either weren't looking for magic items or weren't aware it was a magical focus.

Kneeling, Loke began to put his bag back in order. They would be making port soon. He dug deep in his pack and was able to locate the black orb bracelet. Thank goodness the thieves didn't take that otherwise he'd be in trouble. "Captain, you still have your bracelet, right?" He asked, putting his on and tucking it beneath his glove. That would be the really important thing. If Zeke didn't have it, they'd have to either find it or perhaps Loke would have to give up his and Zeke would need to come back for him. After all, Zeke was certainly more suited to do the mission with Orrius or even alone than Loke was.

Zeke "Mors" Valdain

1668559729315.png
Zeke sat in this little infirmary, reaching into his backpack, finding that they had left his weapons, supposing that they might not have dug that deep in his bag, though they took what little coinage that he did have. Annoying damn fish. When he heard the intercom, he barely bit back his laugh. These fish were brazen, at the very least. Openly talking about killing paying customers for wanting their stuff back is certainly a way to deal with things. He'd have to remind himself to come back here when he had his forces built up and slaughter every last one of these fish and serve them to the lads back on the surface. He'd show em eventually what happens when you mess with folks above your pay grade.

"Tch, whatever lads. Just keep yer heads down I s'pose." He said, humming as he decided not to take the plant for himself, not interested in this little fish being a liar. He checked for his bracelet at Loke's recommendation, sighing in relief as he felt it beneath his sleeve.

Mentions: Develius Develius Elvario Elvario NeramoDJI NeramoDJI NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal saxon saxon Lulidew Lulidew SoftSmile SoftSmile
OOC:
Time: 1:00pm
Weather: cold waters, dim sky. gentle currents.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Party that gets off the ship will be funneled through customs to get into Crustanton. An opportunity for information is present.
Post Listening:

Mothership - Fatte Tunalia

ExEyJIeUYAofFh2.jpg

Crustanton Customs/Tunalia Exit

The mothership arrived without further incident. As massive as mothership was, it paled in comparison to the size of the docking domes, much less the city's main domes. The docking domes were used as intermediate zones of partial water and structure with climatizing fluid. The process of consuming the horgorh could not be done at scale nor was it convenient, so a fluid was developed that was rich in life sustaining mana. Upon Fatte Tunalia breaching the docking dome, a fluid filled the ship's interior. Although explanation of the fluid was circulated, it did not keep people from panicking or assuming they were about to drown. The fluid filling the lungs was an unusual experience to many and normal speech was distorted to some degree. However, the fluid also offered many benefits including helping land dwellers deal with life under the sea with minimal side effects.

Departure was through the Tunalia's mouth, which she opened at the appropriate time. Multiple lines formed up of the varying peoples and passengers disembarking. The staff were busy maintaining order, reducing cuts in the line, and passing out personal items that had be confiscated earlier in the trip. After days of living in the Tunalia, the stone dock was the first solid thing anyone had touched in a while. It was not uncommon to see some unsteady folk stumbling around from the sea legs. Bubbles filled the air and the water vibrated with activity as excited visitors crossed the dock's walkway to a central harbor platform. There the guests would be reformed into lines to pass through door ways where black orbs were leveraged to scan visitors. Criminals and Monsters caught at this point would be cast out of the Docking Dome and made to fend for themselves in the crushing darkness beyond the city lights.

Beyond the scanners, the docking dome met up with the city's main dome. Visitors could press against the membrane and get sucked through. Once inside, the city's many wonders and attractions would immediately bombard visitors for all its worth.

There seemed to be an issue preoccupying the staff manning the entry point used by the passengers of the Tunalia. Another cruise liner had come in in rougher shape than the Tunalia. There were actually several casualties overwhelming that fish ship's sick bay. They had also went through a jelly smack, but were unable to evade as much of it as the Tunalia. What limited staff remained at the checkpoint were preoccupied and unable to be fully attentive. By each orb, a magic terminal of some sort was being operated by at least one staff member. While likely used in the observation process of the visitors, it also acted to record quite a bit of information pertaining to the port goings on.

Among the many faces passing through the scanners, the sharkman could be seen showing off stolen loot to some of the female mermaid staff attending their line. Another line was coping with the nobleman trying to lodge a complaint against the Tunalia for stealing his Fiancé's possessions. They were among many further exacerbating the staff. Just another day in Crustanton harbor.

98fb51c0e97bfb65426e4f2c37543c39_910_300.jpg

Victorique Sopheana
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | [Terran] | {Sylvan}
Mentions: Calliope StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Another disappointment. She didn't get the Sharkman convinced to give up his loot. For a second time in a row, first with the jellyfish, now with the Sharkman, it felt like things ended just as they were getting interesting. She gave a deep sigh. “{How awfully dull and boring.}” She muttered in Sylvan. At this rate there was nothing that could distract her from her growing desire to smoke.

Actually, come to think of it, there might be one thing that could keep her entertained for a little while. She turned to Calliope. “<Seems like we won't be getting anything from him. However, you told me I was a good friend, right? I don't think I did a lot, in the end, as it seems like you'd have gotten your stuff back without my aid, but... if that still goes, does that mean..?”> She looked at those ears again, figuring Calliope would get the hint.

It was soon time to depart. Those docking domes and city domes were something else. If anything, Victorique felt a lot smaller than she already did on the regular. Being forced to breath in liquid was highly unpleasant to say the least, but she managed to keep calm enough. She'd be sure to check if Calliope (and should they meet up) Phoebe were equally fortunate.

Either way, it was soon time to depart. She'd stick with Calliope, just to see if the latter would really get her stuff back or if Victorique's aid was going to be needed after all. That's when she realised something... “{Wait... how the hell am I supposed to smoke when my lungs are filled with liquid?}” The terrible realisation made her speak aloud. This trip was getting worse and worse by the minute. “<Calliope, I think I'll need to get out of her as soon as possible, after finding that library I'm after.>” She concluded, without translating any of her reasoning back from Sylvan into Beastial.

Having a clean track record, getting through the scanners provided no issue. If anything, her legs readjusting to land were the bigger issue. It's why she didn't mind some folk trying to skip lines whilst she was getting her legs back into their normal functional state. Considering her earlier attempts let to nothing, she'd grown tired of trying to interfere with the whole stealing business, on the assumptions that her friends had at least gotten their stuff back. Instead, she'd keep an eye on what the scanners had been registering. After all, she needed something to keep her mind off of her desire to light up her pipe.

Phoebe Penrose
Screenshot 2022-12-24 at 7.52.14 PM.png
Interactions: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal (Calliope) | Elvario Elvario (Victorique)
Languages: Common | [Terran]

The pink haired mage watched from the vessel's observatory as the pearl domes in the distance slowly grew in size as they approached, as did the other ships in view. Tourism seems to be a big money maker for Crustanton, it seems, and no wonder given the majesty of it all from a distance. Well, that and there weren't that many other underwater cities that come immediately to mind for Phoebe at least. As they approached the docking dome, they were informed of some liquid that would soon flood the ship. Though she was intrigued about the mysterious liquid, inhaling wasn't a wholly pleasant experience. After the liquid had filled her lungs, she let her curiosity take the lead and took the chance to inspect some of the liquid with [Book Smarts] to see if anything can be learned from it.

Once she got to the front of the customs line and after passing the black orb test to enter the city, the fish crew handed her wand back to her. She breathed a heavy sigh of relief. "Thank you so much! I've been looking all over for this!" However, in addition to her wand, they also handed her a crumply piece of paper of sorts. "Hmm? What's this? I don't remember losing this..." Before she could inquire more about the piece of paper, she realized she was holding up the line a bit. "Oh, sorry! Thanks again!" She quickly stuffed the piece of paper in her travel bag to read later. Reading it now would only hold up customs even more.

Her first order of business after getting through customs was to check on her two travel buddies during the trip, particularly Calliope to see if she did indeed get her stuff back from the crew. After a while of wandering, she eventually found them again. "Ah! Victorique! Calliope! There you are! I got my wand back! Turns out the crew did have it after all, but good thing they returned it to me. How about you Calliope? You get your journal back?"

Abilities:
  • [Book Smarts]- Appraisal E, Educated F, Arcana F, Academia F
    • Appraise spells, magical items and symbols as well as anything related to educational institutions to learn more about it. Limited to 1 target within 5 feet.
    • Grade E, 1 Post Cooldown

Calliope
CaliopeIH.jpg

Mentions: Elvario Elvario Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic
Languages: Common | <Beastial>​

Calliope shyly looks at the ground after Victorique's question. "<I-I did say you were a good friend. And I couldn't have approached those two on my own to confront them, so you did still help me. I-I suppose...>" She let's out a defeated sigh. "<You may have permission to touch my ears... But not too much.>" She sat down on her knees to lower head to Victorique's reach, though to be honest, she was still in pain and exhaustion from the jellyfish earlier.

Calliope began to panic again as the liquid filled the ship. She tried to fight breathing it in, but in the long run, she had no other option. This voyage had been a most unpleasant experience, aside from the two new friends she had made. "<Yes, I too do not wish to remain her any longer than necessary.>"

She was able to retrieve her belongings from the ships crew, thankful that they weren't too damaged. Shortly after, Phoebe rejoined them. "I am glad you were able to recover your and, mmhhmm. My belongings were returned to me as well, mmhhmm."

With her goods returned to her and two new friends, she set off into the city of Crustanton.

Mentions: Develius Develius Elvario Elvario NeramoDJI NeramoDJI NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal saxon saxon Lulidew Lulidew SoftSmile SoftSmile
OOC: Thank you all for your participation. A short rp meant to illustrate just some of the stuff the nation under the lake has to offer. Now that you have gained access, feel free to run further rp's in the space.
Time: 2:00pm
Weather: comfortably moist. not too cold. not too hot.
Cooldown:
TLDR: presumably, everyone that wants to has proceeded through the gates and now has access to the pearl of the sea.
Post Listening:

Mothership - Fatte Tunalia

ExEyJIeUYAofFh2.jpg

Crustanton Customs/Tunalia Exit

Without too much more fuss or commotion, everyone that wished to had successfully proceeded through the check point. With most of their posessions intact, the passengers would then be able to move through the last membrane into the city proper. It was a sudden burst of activity and excitement only fueled by the vast number of visitors flooding in through the port and the present tourists out for a late lunch or business.

The oxygenated water, also medicated with some type of horgorh, made everything just a little more springy as if one weighed less in the stuff despite being firmly planted on the smooth stone walkway. The water smelled and tasted unsurprisingly like salt and sea but also of something more sweet like a fruit. The "air" of the city was also warping the sounds around but also allowing sounds to travel further. Put together, the city sounded more chaotic than it was.

The structures all around the party were finely decorated in colored tile assembled in patterns depicting bygone eras. All of it was carefully preserved for the sake of remaining a marvel for tourists to gawk at for years to come. As soon as a tourist arrives in the massive entry plaza. they are immediately bombarded with merfolk, marinoids, and other fish folk trying to sell souvenirs and maps of the city as well as various touring packages or excursions. Along with sound, smells also wafted to guests. Many of the smells came from a street that was lined in various food stalls and upscale restaurants. Seafoood was obviously the main menu item, but aside from fish, there was also quite a bit of specialty greens grown on the ocean floor of particular note. It was all as close as one can get to "sea to plate" fresh.

There was one more subtle note about the city that may catch some eyes. The buildings were not built like homes that needed to live underwater. They looked more like homes that could have been on land at one time in the past. There was also a mixture of new construction and old structure preservation going on. The city was also vertically massive compared to above land structures in all places save the Duchy. The city was a marvel and it was just one of the many domes that covered the sea floor.

98fb51c0e97bfb65426e4f2c37543c39_910_300.jpg

The End

Isekai Hell RP Grade

Started as a mission for some pirates to get some info and tech, it transitioned to a lil slice of life transition to an under sea city. Perhaps boring for you guys, but hopefully the intercharacter exchanges have worked as great seeds for further rps. There are no wasted rps. Just seeds for further rp. And points. Maybe some foreshadowing for a grander under sea adventurers too. I build rp's to order, so be clear and present for what you want if you have preferences and needs XD

Aftermath
The under sea nation has started reporting increased activity among the giant fauna. Something is stirring them. Tourism is sure to take a hit as well as sea made exports or land made imports.

Rewards

Novama - 17 (narration bonus)

Victorique - 35 points (narration bonus included)
  • optional title acquired [DRINK SALT WATER] - ...
Phoebe - 35 points
  • optional title acquired [Fish Rider] - character has taken a ride in a massive fish. character has reduced negative effects from riding in a fish. character has lingering fishy odor while title is equipped.
calliope - 31 points
  • optional title acquired [Fish Rider] - character has taken a ride in a massive fish. character has reduced negative effects from riding in a fish. character has lingering fishy odor while title is equipped.
Baharius - 35 points
  • optional title acquired [Gallant Keeper] - Your nature, abilities, and skills emit a presence to those around you that they are safe, in the presence of a guardian that will get them through a battle.
Cluilia - 14 points
  • optional title acquired [Dealer] - doesn't matter where or who, character has the boldness to try making some deals if it looks like there is money to be made. Deals are likely to be heard out and considered, but if circumstances are not ideal, more likely to incite bad will from those around.
Jack - 22 points
  • optional title acquired [Helpless] - character finds themselves frequently at the whims and mercies of the world around them. They are able to more easily gain aid from others. They are more likely to be preyed upon by those with ill intents.
zeke - 8 points
  • optional title acquired [Body] - character has proven to be an entity that exists and takes up space. Character may or may not accomplish much. Character may be fairly forgettable. But there is no arguing they are a body taking up space and worthy of being acknowledged as an existence. If existence is ever questioned, this title proves the character exists.
Loke - 14 points
  • optional title acquired [Body] - character has proven to be an entity that exists and takes up space. Character may or may not accomplish much. Character may be fairly forgettable. But there is no arguing they are a body taking up space and worthy of being acknowledged as an existence. If existence is ever questioned, this title proves the character exists.
Orrius - 18 points (attentive student bonus included)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back