• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] Runaway Slaves [Part 2]

Kurikara
Mentions: AbenSur AbenSur Elvario Elvario SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
Hakumen.600.138903.jpgThe armored Construct Kurikara stood like a statue within the ruined castle. His blade upon his back and ready for battle at any moment. Within the shelter of the forgotten aged stone was a scene between allies some fresh, and others old. Things had progressed steadily since the battle, they had met with a Beastkin, conversed with the priest, and now Ninelle had finally awoken. Kurikara watched the proceedings the words of thanks and pleasantries. Concessions and small talk the tools of mortals. He interrupted them bringing attention to himself with the deep echoing of his voice. "Fae, you were fatally wounded. You are a guide, not a warrior. Do not seek battle in the future your death is a liability." His tone of voice offered no argument and was spoken as if he had writ them into law.The serpent wrapped around his neck totally didn't take away from his air of seriousness... definitely didn't. In a way Kurikara was showing his own form of worry and relief at her recovery. She was useful to his duty, that was the role Kurikara would care for the most.

He left it at that and not soon after Tyrmara cooking began to fill the air. Kurikara could not eat, nor did he need to. But he did have olfactory sensors, and the smell of the food was pleasant even to him. He allowed himself to quietly enjoy the aroma. Until a mote of light passed by his head soon joined by many more. His eyes directed their pupils to his collar and he could see the winged serpent that had made it self comfortable upon him was vanishing. The Priest summon was departing this world. Its, or rather her words, echoed in his mind as she vanished.

'Foolish snake, as if Kurikara will ever be broken... I won't, it is an oath.' His face plate watched her rise up into the air and disappear.

'A spirit... I see, that slave to the gods tied their souls down here.' The voice once again arose from the depths of his psyche. Kurikara hadn't forgotten what had happened and the way he'd been manipulated. Being angry at a voice in your head was a strange thing but Kurikara did so anyway.

'You will not, impair my duties again voice. Let this line be made clear.'

'Oh? How amusing, and why should I not? Such things are to make you stronger and remind you of your proper role.'
The voices tone was mocking and condescending. Utterly sure of its superiority and authority over him.

'You may have power and even knowledge beyond my own, but you are confined. With all your power you claim to have it means nothing if I should be cut down. I fall, and you will follow. I wonder what god would seek to take hold of our spirit?' The voice was silent at that but Kurikara could feel the simmering rage and reluctant acceptance. He did not doubt it would try something in the future for the sake of its twisted views. But this would be a start to equilibrium. Tyrmar suddenly approached, the large yet still smaller than him human reaching and bringing an arm around Kurikara shoulder. At the overly friendly physical contact a low warning grunt sounds out dangerously. "I am a warrior, the undertaking of my duty is my purpose. Your 'praise' is not necessary nor wanted." He was just as stoic and difficult as ever to handle socially. Though at Tyrmars question of his fighting style Kurikara couldn't help but get swept up into a dialogue. If it was about fighting then he was far more talkative. "Hmph, my blade is me and I am my blade. My combat capabilities have been honed for countless years into what it is now." His voice gained a prideful feeling to it as he spoke, but as his mind brought him to memories of his previous wielders over the millennium it became somewhat melancholic. "But... I am a shadow of what I once was. And I am reaching for every ember of power I once held..."

Then Kurikaras head rose at attention before shooting to the side his arm going up to his blade and drawing it. He had seen it, his eyes had watched Lirek suddenly fall and the blood which fell from him. Kurikara sprang into action but even he was too slow Taji too was struck. As Ceylan called out to Nashi trying to appeal to her he rushed forward with blade in hand. "Vile Beast!" However his charge was interrupted by the body of Taji falling directly into his path allaying his movement even if only briefly. In the space of the castle he moved as best he could. While he couldn't attack in time he instead focused on her path and went to the aid of the Priest Ceylan using [Sora No Kaze] to try and block her attack. The priest was too useful he couldn't allow her to take him out. As he blocked her he charged dark energy into his fist and went for a gut punch [Fūin Hi] while his other hand held up his nodachi.
  • Sora No Kaze: Empty Wind - Fighting Style Kishin-ryu D Penetrating F, Fast E, - Kurikara rushes to his opponent. Slashing down upon them with his blade. - Grade D - 2 Post Cooldown
  • Fūin Hi: Sealed Flame - Magic F, Componentless Magic F, [Energy] Affinity F, Athletics F, - Kurikara concentrates dark energy into his palm, suffusing his fist in magical power and drives it into his enemy. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Last edited:
Ninelle
At first, Ninelle merely assumed she was sleepy after all she had been through today. Or perhaps it was just a side effect of her body's sudden recovery. Numbly slumped against the wall with her eyes lowered, it was only after the fae groggily glazed over Lirek's decapitated head rolling towards her that she suddenly woke up.

She wanted to scream, but she couldn't. She couldn't even lift her hands to smother said scream. He's dead? After all this? So many thoughts of disbelief welled up in her mind as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Instinctively, she reached for her wand. She wasn't sure why, but she vaguely felt as if she had been in a similar situation before, and that this was the same instinctual reaction she had at the time. The lethargic grogginess that flooded her senses... what was it? Oh, that's right.

"Tiger Blight..." She whispered out loud, at a volume only the one closest to her, Tyrmar, could hear.

"We'll... be fine... we've been eating... Vitalis's herb... the past week..." The fairy explained briefly as she faced the similarly lethargic human by her side. Though she couldn't say the same for Ceylan, Taji, Tyrmar and herself had been regularly consuming the poisonous herb's natural enemy.

Shakily, she kept trying to reach for her wand, waiting for the right moment to avenge their dear grumpy old anuran.

The Clash
Even before Ceylan's words had left his mouth, a flash of dark navy flew past his vision, with Valhyr standing firmly in front of his summoner with every intention of prioritizing his safety. Steadying his ground and bending his hind legs, he braced for the attack, but before it could even reach him the white warrior aggressively intercepted.

"Finally showing your full colours, human?" Nashi growled lowly at Kurikara, with a tone unbelievably hostile compared to her previous sweetness and sincerity. Her eyes quickly flickered between the approaching blade and punch, gauging the attack before parrying the nodachi with her bloody dagger and stabbing her claws towards Kurikara's fist.

Blood met blood as the nodachi was unsufficiently parried, the blade scraping Nashi's shoulder as her pale fur was stained with red. On the other hand, Nashi's claws dug deep into hollow metal, infecting Kurikara's inner armour with an unknown blight. Her face visibly showed her confusion at not piercing flesh, scowling as if regretful, whilst her body continued to battle.

Kurikara vs Nashi
Attack on Nashi: 11
4 (Str C) + 3 (Nodachi D) + 3 ([Sora No Kaze] D) + 1 ([Fūin Hi])
Nashi defence: 9
???
Blight E = -1 HP over next 2 posts (Targets: Kurikara)
Damage to Nashi: 1
Nashi's Curved Dagger: 3 -> 2 (Curved Dagger D -> E)

Kurikara has been afflicted with Blight E, he will lose 1 HP per post over his next two posts.

Interrogation
It was only after the first clash that Nashi sought to respond to the high priest hiding behind his guardians. "Such self-righteous words... What makes you thinks this mess can be fixed?" Her silvery-blond tail thrashed violently at the ground in her anger, her pupils dilating sharply as she addressed Ceylan.

"Because of you lot, everything's gone to hell back home." She hissed sourly, her tone dangerously low. But the twitch of her ears and swish of her tail spoke volumes about her current state of mind. She was not at ease. Though she had scoffed at the high priest's words, something seemed to have struck a nerve.

Taji flew across unimpeded, colliding with the wall, before scrambling forward in a daze. Despite coughing violently, he stared bloodshot at Lirek's corpse, unable to believe his eyes after everything they just went through. At Nashi's words however, he suddenly snapped back to attention, holding a paw to his stomach wound.

"You, of all people... work for them?" He voiced out his disbelief with difficulty, strain audible with each word.

"Haha." Nashi only laughed dryly. Almost as if relieved at finding a distraction, she locked onto Taji's words without a care.

"What do you think it means, to have your heritage contain 5 generations of slavery under the most two-faced noble family in the empire? Naturally, I've only learnt from the best." She chuckled to herself, but perhaps due to the distraction of battle, the self-deprecation in her tone was hard to miss.

"They're furious, you know? They say the other magistrate and prefects are laughing behind their backs. They're lashing out on everyone you left behind, Taji. Why should I let you run away and be happy, whilst all the elderly and young you left behind lose their lives? I'm not resigned."

"You... work for the very people that detain and beat them!"

"Shut up! How else can I help everyone?! Without my status, I could never have smuggled that doctor to save Lirek's legs!" Nashi exploded, her fur standing upright as she turned to glare at the other felinefolk.

"Even if everyone we know finds freedom, more will just be enslaved again! What do you want me to do? What can I do?" She ranted furiously, though fatigue seemed to carry through every word.

Ceylan can now shuffle around with halved movement speed but cannot pick things up or cast spells yet. Can attempt to use skills/recall knowledge with penalties.

Tyrmar, Ninelle and Taji can move around with halved movement speed, can pick things up and physically attack (with heavy penalties), but cannot cast spells yet. 1 skill per ability usage only.

Ceylan
Mentions: Nashi SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

With both the warrior in white and Valhyr coming to his aid, Ceylan had been saved. For now, at least. He was still under the influence of whatever he'd been fed by this cat-woman and the latter was still fighting to the death with others. As he looked, however, he was wondering why Taji could move around fairly well. Hadn't he eaten the same food? Perhaps he was naturally more resistant? Oddly enough, the Fairy and shirtless man didn't seem to be as heavily affected either... wait! Ceylan checked his pockets. Those herbs that he'd been given, the one they told him Ninelle had been carrying around. Could those have anything to do with it? He wasn't sure, but it was his best bet. Hoping to be able to move again sooner, rather than later, he decided to try swallow some of them and hope to the gods that it wasn't poisonous or meant to be a salve or something.

That said, the cats words were painful to him. Yes, she might be a violent attacker wanting to murder them all, but even without trying to empathise with her, the contents of her words alone suggested there was a dark and bitter reality behind them. “Because if I didn't believe this could be fixed, I'd be giving in into despair. Don't let it win.” He replied to Nashi, sounding both fierce and compassionate, for as much as he could bring himself to speak, at least.

“You can't help everyone. Nobody can and nobody expects you to. Yet you can keep fighting to help as many as you can, starting with those closest to you, those you're hurting and trying to murder right now. Things don't have to go like this. Don't let the despair engulf your entire thinking. Fight it. There is still light to be found if you just find the strength to keep looking. I promise you, even if you alone can't do much, there many others out there fighting to change the world for the better as well. No matter how little it may seem to be, if all of us keeping doing what we can, things will change. Maybe not anytime soon, but they will change.”
Not yet having given up, he tried using [Empathy E] to keeping trying to get through to her.

D Grade CD's (1/3)
E Grade CD's (0/2)
Lucky usages (1/2)

Last edited:
Kurikara
Mentions: Elvario Elvario AbenSur AbenSur SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

__hakumen_blazblue_drawn_by_nichisogawa_asaryo__00df4ca9e932a49efd998bb5b9beedf6.jpgWith blade in hand he intercepted the traitorous felines attack. He managed to protect the priest from Nashi's attack. As Kurikara clashed with her he retaliated. His nodachi cut slightly into her shoulder as she tried to parry him having underestimated his strength. Kurikara felt her claws pierce his armor. He did not expect her to try and meet his punch. The damage to his armor was minimal, but...

There was a pain, that was abnormal. He didn't feel pain. The last time he did had been an attack upon his very spirit. Somehow this beastkin had managed such an attack. It wasn't anywhere near fatal, but it was potentially dangerous. He could feel whatever she had done lingering upon his spirit. A rageful growl emanated from Kurikara. He held his sword up prepared to face her again, but of course the priest Ceylan tried to appeal to her once again. His first instinct was to berate them; insist they were wasting their time when they should just cut her down and be done with it. But his crimson eyes 360 degree vision could not be understated in their usefulness. He saw Ninelle and Tyrmar stir, they appeared to be under some sort of affect it was likely in part why the beastkin had been able to kill Lirek and strike Taji so easily. Even Kurikara could tell she was mentally unstable, an assassin would not waste time conversing or act out so emotionally. Kurikara didn't believe she could or even should be talked down, but it would distract her.

"Save your breath priest, it is wasted on this thrall." He spoke dismissively of Nashi. With the summon now protecting Ceylan, Kurikara began to step steadily to the side while facing Nashi. Forcing her to keep her attention on him, but also keep Tyrmar and Ninelle out of her line of sight. "Pathetic, you have grown so used to the leash your masters placed upon your neck you would strike down those who suffered evil alongside you." Kukrara called out to Nashi with an accusatory and wrathful tone. "You would use your kin as justification for your betrayal. But your words are hollow; you are too weak to take hold of your future. That feline there may have been a slave as well but unlike you his heart is free. 'Help everyone'? What use are you to anyone when not even your heart is your own!? Help yourself first fool!" Kurikara did his best to stall her, saying whatever he could to wear down her psyche. He could've just pursued battle with her; he didn't doubt that he could kill her easily enough. And he wanted to, dearly... But he was the only effective combatant and his belief in his own abilities did not mean he threw away an advantage in battle. For now he would give the Beastkin their chance to plead with her, when it fails Kurikara would be ready.

Nashi
"Those closest to me?" She whispered icily, her blue eyes slowly glazing back over towards Ceylan with a strange, thoughtful pause.

"I think you're terribly misunderstanding something here, healer." She began with a mocking chuckle, her tail gradually swishing from side to side with a more calm and composed pace as her mood stabilized.

"These two are just one of many that look up to me. One's a transport vehicle across frozen waters, and the other's just a lapdog for the quaestor's daughter. My only child is locked up in a dungeon thanks to their transgressions and grand plan of escape. So, what does your twisted sense of righteousness say now? I should start with protecting those closest to me right?" She laughed lightly, her eyes narrowing into slits as she answered her own hypothetical questions. "And that means, bringing back their heads." Nashi smiled softly, tilting her head towards the beastkin, her expression reminiscent of the unfathomable gentleness she wore when she first decapitated Lirek.

"Hah, I actually can't believe I've been listening to your nonsense for so long. How could a High Priest ever relate to the sufferings and sacrifices a mere slave has had to endure? I really let someone like you make me question my conviction for a moment..." Her thoughtless ramblings gradually faded in volume, leaving only the sound of her bloody dagger being casually spun around to fill the silence.

"Do I look like someone that needs help? If there's any help I need, it would be for ending the lives of all the beastkin here." She smirked at Kurikara, as her eyes darted around, seemingly lazy but acute. The situation was turning unfavourable for her. But as she readied herself to make a move, she was suddenly overwhelmed.

Taji
Taji slowly and painfully sat himself up, clutching his wound, though his gaze never left what was happening with Nashi. His eyes and ears were wide open, but even then, whether it was due to the dizziness of bloodloss or pain, he could not comprehend what was happening before his eyes.

"Why... Why are you... what are you guys doing?" He stuttered in disbelief with a fragile tone.

"Lirek's murderer... is standing right there!" Taji squeezed out that statement before painfully wheezing, a surge of iron staining his throat.

"...kill her!" He gasped after a breath, shakily holding himself up with one arm.

"KILL HER!" The feline roared furiously, as the shadows around him surged like raging fire. As if a personification of his anger, the darkness flooded towards Nashi like an unstoppable tide, capturing and attempting to suffocate and tear the woman limb from limb, though it lacked the immediate strength to.

Webbed cracks once again appeared over Taji's irises, shattering more and more as shards of bloodied gold fell from his eyes and he over-exhausted his magic catalyst.

"If you let her go after what she's done, I-I will never forgive you." He whispered icily, his body shaking.

• Ability used: Shadow Surge D (Magic D, Magic Range F, Darkness Affinity F, Tangle Affinity F, Weaken [Vitality] F)
    • Mandatory title re-acquired: [Damaged Eyes]
    • Item change: Internal Catalyst E -> F
Ninelle, Tyrmar and Taji can now act as normal.

Ceylan, having directly ingested Vitalis's herb, can now also act as normal, but will take damage for ingesting some things he shouldn't (-1 HP).

The blight that courses through Kurikara's core continues (-1 HP).

EMIYAman EMIYAman AbenSur AbenSur Elvario Elvario

Last edited:
Ceylan
Mentions: Nashi SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

The drawback of whatever herbs he'd eaten was instant and obvious. His stomach hurt like a maniac (losing health to it) and nearly made him barf out the food he'd just eaten. On the other hand, he also felt the ability to move as normal returning to him. Everything had its price, it seemed. This was a worthwhile trade-off, however, as he liked being able to move again.

That left him to deal with the cat's words. Truth be told, Ceylan meant 'closest' in the literal sense. Those that were in arm's reach. Not figuratively. Help those who are in your immediate vicinity and to whom you can offer your immediate aid. That type of deal. Safely enough, the confusion seemed to only add to the cat's anger. He sincerely hoped he could fix that, so when she asked him what his sense of righteousness said, he had his words ready. “It says that we shouldn't be fighting each-other, but instead should focus on figuring out how we're going to free you child.” Ceylan replied, without hesitation.

He grimaced at the suggestion he didn't know sacrifices, but he realised that wasn't something worth arguing over. This wasn't about him. This was about preventing this tragedy from getting worse by the minute. “Yes.” He answered, when she asked if she looked like someone that needed help. “You're only getting yourself and your child deeper into their grip. We can help you and them get out of it, but you've got to stop this first.”

He then turned to Taiji. “I can bring him back.” He said. However, depending on how sharp Taiji's insight was in the moment, the black cat would hear a slight hesitation in Ceylan's voice. As much as Ceylan wished to believe his own words, he'd still failed to successfully resurrect someone thus far. He knew he should be strong enough for it in principle, but it'd never before worked in practice. Perhaps the gods still wouldn't grand him such a power? Either way, he did his best to convince himself and the others that this time would be different.

“Taji! Calm yourself.” Ceylan didn't need magic to know he was given in to whatever dark magic Ceylan had sensed in Taiji before. “This can't be what Lirek wants.” He used present tense to amplify his own growing hope and conviction that Lirek wasn't permanently dead just yet. Sadly enough, the most conviction he could utter was with [Empathy F] at the moment, along with relying on what luck he had left [combining Empathy F with Lucky F].

B Grade CD's (4/4)
C Grade CD's (Active Duration)
D Grade CD's (0/2)
E Grade CD's (1/1)
F Grade CD's (0/1)
Lucky usages (2/2)

D9F06A88-1A3B-40AE-A2C3-2FD57D11C79C.png

Tyrmar

Ah it’d been so long since he’d felt rage like this.

He’d been warned of his open nature in the past, people took advantage of those who were good it was something that he knew was a fact of any world but he thought it didn’t count for him. He was stronger than the average and believed in himself so much that he let a possible threat harm his companions.

They’d welcomed her into their circle, broke bread with her and from his words Taji had a previous similar history to her. So why was Lirek’s head sent rolling? Why were him and everyone else lying on the ground at her mercy simply because two of them wanted freedom? Why was he so weak to not even be able to stand.

And why the fuck was he still lying there like a weakling?!

“RAAAAHHH” Any pageantry or declaration of intent were completely lost in this moment, Tyrmar simply bounded off of the ground at his maximum speed, his body shining as he charged Nashi with murder in his gaze. Ignoring any retaliation he intended to send a heavy front kick straight to the center of her body.

And what a pitiful child that must be to have a mother such as you.” He snarled, any pity he had for her washing away like water on his back “Five generations of slavery, parent after parent being forced to send their children into a service that couldn’t give a damn for them or their lives. Is that why you were born? Is that why you stand here today, so that you can smile and happily strip away the freedom that others have suffered to obtain?! If the whims of your masters are so absolute then come and try and kill me, for someone that’s become a slave in both mind and spirit and not just body it’d be better off for everyone if you just die here like the non enitity you are.”

“In the end it doesn’t matter if you do go back to your child or not, they don’t have a mother anymore just some stranger wearing her face.”
His words carried none of the regular warmth or optimism they usually held, for all intents and purposes he seemed close to spitting poison on her from how venomous his words lashed out at her. And yet even through the berating and true anger he still tried to reach her, some semblance of whatever could be under that veil of servitude.

For Lirek if nothing else.

Actions used:

Natural Weapons E

Str E

Stunning Strike Rush - Exalted Heart Fist [Body] F, [Aura] F, [Energize] F, [Fast] F - Focusing his battle spirit over his attacks, he sends out a hardy blow reinforced by his impactful glow after rushing in at his opponent - Grade F - 60 ft movement - 0 Post Cooldown

Compassionate Charisma - [Leadership] E, [Peruasion] E, [Empathy] E - Though his appearance and positive demeanor may display otherwise, Tyrmar is one who has known suffering and sorrow. Through that sadness he identifies with the troubles of others and therefore becomes able to better relate to, comfort and lead them - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown.

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers EMIYAman EMIYAman Elvario Elvario

Last edited:
Ninelle
Laying there dazedly, words passed through one ear and out the other. She couldn't understand what the two felines were talking about. Nor why the fight had stopped for a moment as the talking escalated. What she seemed to be seeing and hearing all seemed to fly over her head, as she continued to try to futilely reach her little wand without really understanding why she was trying to anymore.

It was only after hearing Taji's hoarse and painful words that she moved again, turning her head to face the feline lying in a puddle of his own blood. She watched the shadows surge as something finally clicked within her mind.

"Lirek... dear Lirek..." Taji's demand struck a chord as the fae whispered to herself, waking from her trance. Memories of the times when the old anuran would crouch-walk around the forest searching for herbs she had described, grumpily complaining to himself about his old age as always. Tears pricked her eyes again, sliding down metal as she forced herself to grab her wand and come to a decision.

"You're right Taji, what am I doing?" She mumbled coldly to herself, letting the mana of nature and life flow and course through her body. The tip of her wand shone a vibrant green, the colour of flourishing leaves, as thorned vines violently shot out and followed after Taji's shadows.
  • Thorned Justice (Grade E / 1 Post CD)
    • Magic E, Nature Affinity F, Magic Range F
    • Sprouts a flurry of thin thorned vines from the tip of her wand to strike a target within 30ft
"Die, Nashi. Whatever reasons or justificiation you may have, I frankly don't care. You killed someone dear to me." Ninelle cried quietly, her words almost inaudible amidst all the mayhem.

Nashi
Though Ceylan's repeated pleadings fell mostly on deaf ears, Tyrmar's venom struck deep. Deeper than any actions could've shown.

With her limbs restrained and crushed by tendrils of darkness, Nashi simply laid there thoughtfully with a lowered head, smiling sadly as thorns whipped her back and Tyrmar cracked open her ribs.

Taji+Tyrmar+Ninelle vs Nashi
Attack on Nashi: 11
4 (Int C) + 2 (Internal Catalyst E) + 3 ([Shadow Surge] D) + 1 ([Stunning Strike Rush] from Tyrmar) + 1 ([Thorned Justice] from Ninelle)
Tangled F
Weaken [Vitality] F
+1 to damage from Aura F if not dodged/tanked

Nashi defence: 0
Damage to Nashi: 12
Nashi's Health: 3 -> -9 Dead af

As the shadows and vines receded, the center of the room was left a garish bloodbath. Tyrmar and Kurikara were left standing over Nashi's malformed body, lying in a pool of her own blood and smashed bone.

"You're right." She spoke up in response despite her state, barely a spot of her fur left unstained by crimson.

"My dear Nala, her children, then her grandchildren, will all end up the same as I did."

"But... it's not the worst is it? In this empire, what other path is there for beastkin like us to take?"

"I made a choice. A simple one. I became powerful and relied upon, as best a slave could. I smuggled doctors, food, help to all the slaves that worked under me. I always thought that this was the best thing I could've done, to ease the lives of everyone that suffers under the hands of that wretched family."

"As long as I was a dog, I could save and help many people."

"So when you all escaped, I naturally had to help kill you. To stay a dog, and help more slaves for generations to come."

"Lirek's blood is not the only one that has stained my hands. I've already killed many escapees."

"But tell me, was my choice wrong?"

"Should I have tried to escape?"

"But then again... I don't think I could've bore thinking of those that I had left behind. So perhaps this is the best ending for me."

Nashi smiled for the final time, closing her eyes with the faintest chuckle.

Ceylan
Mentions: NPC's/Ninelle SilverFeathers SilverFeathers | Tyrmar AbenSur AbenSur | Kurikara EMIYAman EMIYAman

He could only listen to Tyrmar as he spat words of venom and truth toward Nashi, with even Ninelle joining in on the hatred against Nashi. Part of him couldn't blame them for it. Of course they'd be mad at the betrayal and murder of one of their friends. Even Ceylan felt anger there. Another part of him did blame them for it. It was so much easier to just give into that hatred and blame those in front of you, yet such a thing wasn't realistic. This Nashi was a tragic victim as well. Her shocking death and dying words made that all the more clear. He wasn't sure what to do or say to all that has transpired... All he could do was dig his nails deeper into his hands until he felt a bit of blood starting to flow when they eventually pierced his skin.

No. That was wrong. There was one thing. There was one thing he could do. One thing he should do. He stumbled towards Lirek, or rather, Lirek's head and picked it up. Doing so was gruesome, he knew that very well, as his hands were shaking and his tail was hanging low between his legs with his ears drooped down even more than usual. The frog had naturally lost a lot of blood, but it shouldn't be too late, right? He'd failed this often before, but perhaps... No. Definitely. Not this time. His priestly robes, already covered in dirt and mud, now also got stained by the blood of Lirek, as the priest held the severed head against the neck it'd been separated from. He closed his eyes and grit his teeth.

“If there are any gods above that wish to see this injustice corrected, please grand me strength...” He whispered. His faith, his emotions, his fading strength, his hope to fix this... he channelled it all into magic, has he tightly clasped onto the orichaclum staff. Before he knew it, he used [Divine Healing B] on all those around him. Not just Lirek. Whether they'd hate him for it or not, he couldn't abstain from doing what he did. Was it his ego that made him think he could just 'fix' this? Or was it some divine calling? Or would he merely fail all over again? He didn't know, he didn't care. All he knew was that he felt tired. Very, very, tired.

B Grade CD's (0/4)
Divine Healing - Magic Affinity B, Magic Range C, Magic Targets C, Healing B, Religion C - Character channels the powers of the gods to heal significant injuries. - Grade B - 4 Post Cooldown.
D Grade CD's (1/2)
E Grade CD's (0/1)
F Grade CD's (0/1)
Lucky usages (2/2)

Silence reigned as Nashi was slain.

Though he had spearheaded the charge against his father-like figure's murderer, Taji couldn't help but tremble as he watched Nashi's bloody collapse. With his strained vision, she was nothing but a bloody pool of silvery fur now. Everything was over. The assassin had been slain. But the last feline only felt the most bitter emptiness suffuse his throat. Thinking of the long years spent in that riverside city, and the many that he had endured hardship with, in that regard, he was truly alone now. As the only one to carry those memories.

The dog's shuffling made his ear twitch, as his fragmented vision wandered towards Ceylan. The hands that reached for Lirek's corpse made his heart jump, as he stumbled over with a warning growl. "Hey you-"

All thoughts were cut short as Ceylan's golden staff shone with the bright light of a thousand colours, fully illuminating every inch of the room whilst somehow not blinding a soul. Its chain shook and swayed gently, as a golden glow slowly rose and spread across its surface. Its mirror, once clear and reflective and now circled by gold, briefly illuminated a figure's face. One that somehow felt comforting and enlivening all at once.

"I hear your plea."

A gentle voice reverberated through the room, as specks of gold started to slowly shower from the skies. Passing through objects, they were slowly pulled towards anything that lived or could live, diffusing into their bodies with a bright glow. Shrivelled flora grew green, starving lizards crawled forth and birds on their last legs chirped and sang again, enveloping the area in an aura of cheerful liveliness.

Falling through the roof, and floating in through the hole in the wall, a mist of glittering gold gathered together before the group. As if manipulated by gentle winds, they playfully formed various shapes and figures, a pair of cats, a croaking frog, a dog with a staff in its mouth, a fluttering butterfly, a smiling little chef doll and a set of armour with its arms crossed.

Dancing through the night air, each circled the room before reaching their respective targets, dispersing like gentle golden fireworks on impact.

Slowly, amidst the mists of gold, the pair that were once dead slowly awoke. Tremblingly held by Taji, Lirek merely smiled, looking at the skies whilst gently touching his bloodied neck, before turning to watch the other feline. Nashi wordlessly pulled herself into a sitting position, staring at her bloody paws and limbs before also just silently watching the golden dust rain from the sky.

Ceylan
Mentions: NPC's/Ninelle SilverFeathers SilverFeathers | Tyrmar AbenSur AbenSur | Kurikara EMIYAman EMIYAman

Tired as he was, he couldn't stop his tail from expending more and more energy by starting to wag wildly at his first signs of success. He'd truly been granted the ability to cast a small miracle. Bringing the dead back to life! A few tears streamed down his face, as the stress and fear from the past events made way for joy and relief. He'd really been deemed worthy of this power. He'd really been able to avoid the tragic ending they were heading towards. The moment he saw Lirek and Nashi move, he gave a word of thanks. “Thank you.” He'd have offered a longer prayer, but even with all his religious knowledge, he couldn't find the right words for it. Instead, he just took things in for a while.

Then he realised he'd need to follow-up his actions. He didn't wish for the despair that got them into this situation to take over once more. With a deep sigh, he mentally prepared himself, then headed over to Nashi to pet the kitty have a firm talk with her. “I'd like to offer you a deal.” He said, trying to muster up what courage and authority he could muster (which honestly wasn't a whole lot). “I can't let you return to your previous life, not after the suffering you caused. However, I believe you when you said it wasn't out of a malicious intent. So I'd like to offer you a way out.” He tried to carefully debate his next words. “I won't ask you to abandon your child and I can't travel further into the East Empire with you to help you save them, as the risk of them abusing my healing is simply too high, but I can promise you that I'll do whatever I can to give you a better life if you are able to return with your child.”

In fact, he already had an idea on how to do so. “There's a city in the North of Kuridan. From what I've gathered, they're looking for a new bishop. If I'm to take over there, I'll have the political leverage needed to shelter refugees from the East Empire. Of course I'll do whatever I can to stop slavery regardless of what happens or where it occurs, as such is my duty as a Syncretist priest, but I'd gladly welcome you there in particular.” He wished he could offer her more than just a promise that came after the big risk she'd have to take to try and free her child, but sadly enough, he didn't know what he could do. “If there's any help I can give you, other than from causing suffering to others, I'd be willing to hear you out as well.” That was the best he could give her, using Empathy E to back up his claims, in as far as his actions hadn't already done so.

B Grade CD's (1/4)
D Grade CD's (2/2)
E Grade CD's (0/1)
F Grade CD's (0/1)
Lucky usages (2/2)

Nashi
Nashi's ears twitched at the sound of movement, as she calmly turned her head towards Ceylan with placid eyes. She wordlessly lifted her wrists as if expecting restraints, but when he merely started chattering away again in his attempts to persuade and talk her down, she couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"You are so strange. So very strange." She smiled funnily, wiping away a stray tear from her eye. "You were not afraid of me even once were you? Even after I murdered right in front of your eyes, threatened your life and scoffed at your words?" She stared at the priest with a faint amused scrutiny. "You're so strange. But maybe you just had that much confidence in yourself." She shook her head thoughtfully, watching the last specks of golden dust flutter and disappear. In just a few seconds, everything had returned to normalcy. The cold stone ruins, bloody messes and upturned dishes still scattered the area, just with the addition of two renewed living bodies.

"Kuridan huh... the slaves sent from there were always so rambunctious." She smiled at the memory as she slowly stood up, her crimson fur dripping with blood a startling sight. "I'll take you up on your offer. It's not like I have any choice left at this point. Without Taji and Lirek's heads, they will punish my daughter to punish me." She sighed slowly, her paw tapping her arm rhythmically as she started scrutinizing her future plans.

"Priest, give me your fur. Taji you as well. Lirek they won't care about too much, but Lady Regina is furious that her favourite toy ran away. The rug made from your fur has patches on it, shed enough to fix it and I'll be able to coax her." She explained matter-of-factly, turning towards Taji as she addressed him. "You can continue to hate me, but for the sake of those you left behind, you should help me." She stared him down, with Taji averting his gaze first after a glance towards Ceylan.

"If you thought your escape plan was good Taji, trust me. Mine will be better. You might have more than just a couple of beastkin on their way to you, priest." She chuckled relaxedly, relieved but surprised at having faced an unexpected emotional catharsis whilst slave hunting.

Ninelle
The tiny fae trembled as Nashi was felled. She no longer had a big enough heart to understand what the felinefolk stood for or why, but deep down she could tell that Nashi was not a bad-hearted person. On one side, she killed Lirek's murderer. It was deserved. It was right. But on the other, she killed someone kind but on a difficult path. A mother with a child. Ninelle was emotionally stretched taut with inner turmoil, having killed something she could not just label as 'evil', but just by imagining Nashi as the one that had destroyed her village, killed everyone she knew and ruined her life, a dark twisted sense of righteousness and fulfilment gave birth to a smile on her face.

But things changed so fast that expression seemed to be nothing but an illusion.

The golden butterfly melded into her chest with a sparkle of light, revitalizing and soothing her once again as Nashi and Lirek rose from the dead. She was ecstatic at Lirek's revival, flying on over and hugging his arm, but at the same time wary of Nashi. Fortunately it seemed they'd be going their separate ways soon, with the sacrifice of lots of beastkin fur, as she watched Nashi and Taji begin to trim their fur with practiced hands.

Valhyr
"I can see why the gods chose you. You are very kind." Valhyr spoke up telepathically for the first time in a long while, though he was still ever present by Ceylan's side. "To bring back someone that tried to kill you in order to help them... I don't think many could achieve that feat." He chuckled gently.

Nashi
"Now, tell me more of this northern Kuridan city, high priest. If I am to make an escape plan, I need clear directions." Nashi chuckled with renewed vitality whilst slicing through fur, her lively friendliness reminiscent of when they first met her at the ruins' door.

Ceylan
Mentions: NPC's SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Was he really that strange? Ceylan didn't think so. He was merely being a good boy Syncretist Priest, right? Either way, he was happy that the others were happy. Had he really never even been afraid of her? No, that wasn't right. “No I was afraid, it's just that my concern was greater than my fear.” Yes, that'd probably be the only way how he could describe what he'd felt. Who would not at all feel fear when a friend was beheaded in front of them? Yet what had kept his fear in check was his concern for how Nashi had been put into such a fate, or maybe even his despair, combined with his desire to not have such a horrible outcome. There was one thing he vehemently shook his head at. “It's not my own power or confidence, it's thanks to the gods their heard my pleas and aided me.”

His tail went from about 120 km/h to a solid 180 km/h when she accepted his offer. The thing nearly broke off from his body at this pace. Even his normally droopy ears perked up. “I'm sure you'll be able to break her free.” He said, with a surprising amount of confidence. Now that her thought pattern had shifted from subservience to rebellion, he was sure that someone like Nashi could do great things. That was proven when she already made plans on how to follow-up on things.

When she asked for his fur, he raised an eyebrow, but when he heard what it was for, he nodded. He didn't have a lot of fur, sadly enough... he turned around. “You can cut it off of my tail.” He said. That was probably the furriest bit of his body and the only part that'd give some noticeable results. He couldn't really reach it well on his own though, so he'd have to leave it up to someone else to shave or sheer it. He wasn't as flexible as the two cats, after all.

When she told him to prepare for more than just a couple of incoming beastkin, he smile widened. “I'll make sure the city will be ready to welcome them all with open arms.” He was already wondering how miss Nana would react, or even the old Harley or mayor Wallace. The only one who'd probably raise objections was reverend Preston, but he'd be able to talk the rat into a more welcoming mind-set, he was sure of that. In fact, with some luck, he might even convince the paladins to await the group near the border.

Ceylan was surprised to hear Valhyr's words echo into his mind. “I-- Thank you.” It felt like a compliment, especially coming from the normally rather silent beast. Wait... the beast. He couldn't help himself from wondering... should he? “Ehm... it might be very insulting of me to ask such a thing of a noble creature such as yourself, but would you, perhaps, be willing to lose some of your fur to aid Nashi's cause a well?” There was a lot of fur on Valhyr, that much was sure. Then again, it was clear he had some big reservations about asking Valhyr and barely even managed to be preposterous enough to voice his words. He'd probably never have done so for his own sake, for that matter.

When Nashi asked him to tell more about the city in question, he nodded. “It's called the Holy City of Vegard, it's located just off the coast connected by a long bridge, but the path here...” He'd continue to share what he knew about the city and its surroundings, as well as what he though would be some ways to get there. The latter was only an assumption though, which he made sure to clarify, as he'd never been to the border himself. That said, for as much as he was a good boy, there was one set of details he omitted. That of the people guarding the city. After all, if Nashi was returning as an ally, she'd not need to know about the city's defences and guards. All he'd say was that he'd try to see if he could get some people to stay on the look-out for them near the border. However, in the rare chance Nashi would be caught and interrogated, it would be best for her not to know about such things.

Kurikara
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Elvario Elvario

Hakumen_(Chronophantasma,_Character_Select_Artwork).pngHe watched as the body fell, the strikes from Tyrmar and Ninelle landing the fatal blow. It was a grisly sight her body had been battered and broken. Her arms ripped into and torn, chest caved in and blood pooled at their feet. The felines death was certain; Kurikara had been unable to land the killing blow. The rage of both Ninelle and Tyrmar being what led to this messy end. Internally Kurikara reprimanded himself. If he had been stronger, faster then this wouldn't have happened. Lirek would be alive and Nashi's death would have been swift, clean. The price for evil was death but not in such a way as this, emotion should not cloud justice...

'What right have you to believe that? I've felt your rage at every turn; coldly or in a rampage, it doesn't matter, they all lie dead in the end.'

Kurikara heard the reprimanding mocking from the voice but he did not respond. Though he had no need to, connected as they were it was obvious the words had bothered Kurikara. Because they were right. For a "Tool of Justice" he was far too attached to perform his duty at peak efficiency, he knew that. But he couldn't just throw out his feelings no matter how hard he tried, nor could he do away with his duty it was the only purpose afforded to him. It was how he honored the users of the past by scouring evil as they would no doubt have.

With a flick of his blade what blood had marred it was cleansed. He'd polish it later, maintenance of his weapon a top priority after battle. The eyes upon him gazed at Ninelle and Tyrmar their grief and anger still etched upon their faces. Kurikara did not know the Fae to have such bloodlust within her though her sadness was far more palpable than any anger, he had expected her to be more flippant and uncaring of mortals much like the rest of her kind but that was not the case since the beginning. Curiously he saw the Priest Ceylan stir, he had been the one to try and appeal to Nashi the entire time. Kurikara had his opinions about such things but he could not fault a man of the cloth for acting in such a way. Watching him scoop up Lirek's head with some hesitation Kurikara's curiosity reached its peak he couldn't hazard why the Priest would do such a thing now. Unless he planned to bury him and read his last rites immediately. Taji himself did not appear to be ready for anyone to mess with the corpse of his friend the low hiss making that more than apparent. Kurikara kept his gaze locked on them, while he did not believe it would come to violence he had gotten complacent before and the result lay around them. Then with a golden shine and increased activity from his sensors he understood what was happening.

'Hahaha, that thrall of the Gods is interesting!'

"This is... divine magic?"

The voice within Kurikara was amused its dark laughter echoing throughout his mind. Kurikara himself was practically at a loss. The power wielded by Ceylan was one he was not sure if he had ever witnessed before, at least not in the records which survived his slumber. At this point he could tell the Priests desire, to bring back the souls of the dead. Such a thing was not unheard of though that ability was often seen in only Saints, and incredibly powerful healers it was rare. Likely only hundreds of practitioners with the capability revive mortals from the dead existed in any given age. And yet Kurikara could feel a purity and depth of power from Ceylan that eclipsed many of his kin. How deeply connected was he to the gods? A voice emanated from Ceylans staff, it possessed a quality that one would not find in man. Gold flecks not unlike dust flitted through the air forming shapes seemingly reminiscent of those assembled here. Kurikara was often cold, distant and unresponsive to things which had no point to him. But even he would admit even he was in awe at the display of magic, it was one thing to know of it another entirely to see it first hand. As the gold began to fade the forms of Nashi and Lirek stirred. Their corpses, once broken and bloodied appeared now undisturbed as if the happenings of the last few minutes had been a mere dream.

Kurikara stared as Taji held the revitalized form of Lirek, soon joined by Ninelle slamming into the frog hugging him their joy for all to see. It was almost too good to be true. Through the priest his mission had once again been saved those he was meant to protect given a second chance. That, was a good thing. But... it only served to remind Kurikara of his weaknesses, and the embers of rage within him had not gone out, they never have. His smooth visage turned to stare at Nashi who spoke animatedly with the Priest who seemed to be offering her an alternative to the slavery she had suffered under. His hand twitched.

'Well? The beast committed "Evil". That marks her for destruction doesn't it?'

"I..."

With heavy steps he made a beeline for the revived feline. His armor standing over her in silence, the eyes upon his armor gazing into her. He stood like that for a moment, his clawed gauntlet was splayed open expectantly. By his own logic, his judgement, she should be dead. To answer for her actions. An image of his awakening came to him, zombies and the Necromancer. The evil he had been unable to destroy, the liches image superimposed itself over Nashi and his hand trembled in rage at the "evil" before him. The voice within him watched anticipating Kurikaras next act with amusement. Then Kurikara shut his fist tightly, a slight creaking and grinding of metal could be heard. He turned his helmet to Ceylan.

"Once again I find myself in your debt, I don't find enjoyment in such a position. If you ever have need of me in the future I will be there. You have Kurikara's gratitude, Saint." Kurikara then turned to join Lirek and Taji to make sure of his charges health. But he stopped just as he was about to pass Nashi, he looked over his shoulder at the feline. "Your deeds were heinous, I had judged them as evil. The verdict was death, nothing would have stayed me from that path. Whether you had retreated or even repented I would have killed you. But... you have already paid your judgment in full. Death has wiped clear your evil in my eyes. Take up a righteous path, make proper use of this second chance. Evil is destined to collapse under their Karmic Debt, but the virtuous will achieve the salvation they deserve for their suffering. Remember that." Kurikara uttered those words heavily the last ones being almost whispered like he was telling them to himself. He said naught more however, moving to take a knee next to Lirek appraising his condition.

F6366624-0027-462F-9FAF-14FE619354C3.jpeg

Tyrmar

Well that was certainly a spectacle, though healed of any traces of poison Tyrmar still fell flat on his ass from Ceylan’s display of divine magic. In the time since he’d awakened in the world there had been many examples of the power of magic the world held.

But to know that a being below a god is capable of such a thing was a shock to say the least. The others were crowding around Lirek, and as Tyrmar felt relief and happiness flow through his body he also couldn’t help this unforeseen bought of information. He hadn’t done it alone, that serene voice that echoed out carried most of the power and that one fact alone gave him an epiphany.

If there existed a God of healing, then what of other concepts?

War, Conflict, Martial Power, even music or cooking.

If he truly desired to make the most of his life, to live it to its fullest then shouldn’t he go for the top?! To cast down a God, yes that’s a good legend to seek out.

‘But first’ He turned to Nashi hearty and hale like they hadn’t just torn her asunder, but his heart no longer beat in righteous fury at least not to the extent as to kill her.

“I’m no priest to condemn or forgive you, nor am I a warrior of Justice who cut you down for the sake of duty. My friend is healthy and without injury while my anger has abated for at least now. Thus I will speak to you as a slave who has suffered and who was freed, don’t make light of this second chance not all of us get it. Freedom is beyond compare for those once enslaved, make sure that your daughter and her children and their children remember how much you suffered, how much everyone who came before you did as well.” Kneeling down to her level he looked her straight in the eyes, his own seeming to glow with his aura.

“Living beings are born free, and as someone who’s suffered as we have make sure that those who come after you don’t have to make the mistakes you did.” Leaving her with nothing else but a soft grin he turned back to his comrades, took one last gaze at them grouped together, and then ran at them gathering up whoever he could in a group hug, even Kurikara if allowed. (Compassionate Charisma E)

“HAHAHA YOU’RE ALIVE, THANK THE HEAVENS WE’RE ALL ALIVE!!” He didn’t know why he was crying at the sight of them safe but he could assure himself at the very least that they were tears of joy.

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman

Nashi (Kurikara & Ceylan)
As the heavy sound of metal thundered towards her, Nashi made no motion of acknowledgement, continuing to calmly trim her fur with Lirek's stolen dagger. It was only after a few odd moments of silence that she finally turned towards the large metal knight, her placid eyes wandering to the outstretched fist that seemed so eager to strangle her, before she simply returned to the task at hand. Once Kurikara had said his piece, both to Ceylan and herself, she laughed slightly, almost mockingly, reminiscent of her earlier expressions in battle.

"You speak so righteously. As if you were most definitely going to cut me down if I hadn't died. But you didn't. You barely laid a scratch on me back then, before you hesitated. Now that I think about it, that was the same with the bandits, wasn't it? You hesitated and stalled. If not for that other human, you all would be long gone. As a protector, isn't the worst thing you can do be hesitate to protect your charge?"

Nashi spoke smilingly, with a gentle and casual tone as if simply asking the armoured knight what he had for breakfast that morning. But her eyes were piercing and accusatory for a brief moment, before her smile faded and she looked away. "Just my two cents. Your words of karmic repercussions have yet to reach me, because I have yet to see any sign of it in my lifetime." She concluded faintly in a less aggressive manner, before she cleaned up her fur and reached for Ceylan's tail.

"To show your back to an assassin, you have some nerve." She chuckled before gently stroking his fur and ascertaining the length of which to cut off. "You know, if I were to end you right now, no one would be able to stop me." She hummed, spinning her dagger around teasingly before getting to work.

Valhyr (Ceylan)
"Hm." The navy beast stared at his summoner for a moment, before turning to the growing pile of silver, black and brown fur forming on the floor. "I am unsure if what I leave behind will stay after my departure, but there are few wishes I would reject from you. This is quite the simple request too." His low voice rung in the priest's mind matter-of-factly, before he slowly trotted on over towards the pile of fur. Invisible winds combed his fur as he shook his mane, before every inch of fluff, both black and white, suddenly fell from his body. Pushing the fur from the celestial being into the pile, he calmly trotted back on over towards Ceylan, appearing almost naked with how different and starkly thin he appeared now. His neck and body seemed much more spindly, with his tail nothing but a whip made of navy bone. It was almost comical.

Nashi (Tyrmar & all)
"Living beings are born free huh?" Nashi whispered aloud quietly, glancing towards the shining golden eyes that interrupted her work on Ceylan's tail. "I don't know. Freedom is still such a strange concept to me. I'm still unsure of if I've made mistakes in the past, or I'm making a mistake now. But for my dear Nala-" She abruptly shut her eyes. "I would do anything." She smiled gently, her eyes brimming with determination as she played with Ceylan's tail for a bit.

Just as Nashi was preparing the final trimmings, Tyrmar's beefy arms suddenly stretched out and pulled them all into a giant group hug, sending bits of fur scattering into the air as he cried and laughed heartily.

"Oi, watch the fur pile!"

"I have a dagger, be careful haha."

"Hoho, you have to catch me up on the happenings but I'm glad everyone seems happy."

"T-Tyrmar, you're crushing me..."

The once bloody night ended peacefully, with all the fur gathered back up for Nashi and the area cleaned up for rest. Though he wasn't ordered to, Valhyr kept watch on Nashi throughout the night, with Ninelle occasionally accompanying him due to all her sleepless thoughts.

As the glowering rays of orange peered in through the cracks and sunrise hit, everyone slowly awoke and prepared for the day, with both parties preparing themselves for the long days trek ahead.

"So this is farewell Nashi." The old man spoke up quietly, staring at the feline that had decapitated him just a few hours earlier. "I can't say that it was nice meeting you again, but if you are true to your word, I wouldn't mind paying a trek to Kuridan one day." He smiled finally, easing the atmosphere.

"That would be nice." The feline smiled after a pause. "I'm sure... there are still many fun tales of my mother I have yet to hear from you."

The pair smiled peacefully at each other, but another pair seemed far less inclined to talk merrily, unsure of what to say as they stared with mixed feelings towards Nashi. Sitting on Taji's shoulder, Ninelle could only eek out a quiet, restless 'farewell', whereas Taji was far more conflicted, his claws itching as he struggled to come up with anything worthwhile to say. A single night's rest was simply not enough for him to figure out how to treat this revived betrayer. So he as well, simply said 'farewell'.

Ceylan
Mentions: Ninelle/NPC's SilverFeathers SilverFeathers | Tyrmar AbenSur AbenSur | Kurikara EMIYAman EMIYAman

Ceylan was a bit worried about Kurikara's words, up until the point he seemingly forgave Nashi. He wasn't sure how to reply to Kurikara being all formal, but he figured a 'no problem' wasn't suitable, so he instead went with a simple “Thank you.” instead. He feared he might eventually need all the warriors he could get, if he was going to house slaves from the East Empire.

The next experience was very, very odd. Having his tail stroked whilst being threatened by someone he revived mere moments ago. How in the world did a thing like that happen? “If you were to still desire to do so, it'd have been due to my own failure at presenting you with a better path to walk.” To that extend, he wasn't even sure whether showing his back to Nashi was self-confidence or naivety.

As per usual, Ceylan couldn't quite grasp Valhyr. Although he'd summoned the beast himself, he still wasn't quite sure how he'd gained such a level of obedience, or perhaps willingness to cooperate. Once again, he could just keep it at a “Thank you.” in that regard. The pile of fur increased drastically, especially as Valhyr shed himself to the skin, which made Ceylan hope it'd stick around so that Nashi was guaranteed to be successful later.

That's when the real attack happened, as he got lifted in to a group hug. The suddenness surprised him a fair bit and he was on the same page as Ninelle, as he tapped Tyrmar's arm to signal tapping out before he'd be squashed into the knife that Nashi had been wielding behind him. Although being the type of dog he was, he did agree with Tyrmar. “Indeed, I'm glad my prayer was answered.” Yes, he would indeed thank heavens, or rather, the gods that answered his prayers from them.

That's when Lirek spoke up, to which Ceylan gladly replied. “I'll gladly show you and your family around in the Holy City of Vegard, once you've found them.” He really hoped the frog would succeed on that part. To that extend, he hoped to greet all of them there, one day. “That invitation extends to the rest of you as well, for that matter.”

Closing Post
Brief Epilogue:
With the party leaving all the bloodshed behind, the rest of the escort journey to Ryke's border was uneventful, with everyone parting their separate ways not long after waving their farewells to Taji and Lirek.

Summary:
During the escort journey to Ryke's border, the party encountered bandits on some unnamed ruin-filled plains. Whilst fighting, monsters invaded and struck at both forces, turning the battlefield into a three-way fight. Ceylan, a beastkin who had been captured and dragged over by the bandits, summoned celestial creatures to free himself and aid the party being attacked by both bandits and monsters. With most of the bandits slaughtered and overwhelmed, the last of them and the monsters fled.

The main party then headed towards a nearby ruined fortress-like structure to shelter and recuperate for the night, where they encountered another beastkin, Nashi. She welcomed them in and helped prepare dinner, which she had drugged, debilitating the party with nausea and weakness. Stealing Lirek's dagger, she easily beheaded him and wounded Taji before striking at Ceylan where she clashed with Kurikara. As the party regained their strength due to Ninelle's herbs, Ceylan, Kurikara and Tyrmar managed to talk Nashi down, leading her to accept the combined attacks of Ninelle, Taji and Tyrmar without defending herself, perishing on the spot.

Ceylan then used his divine powers to revive and revitalize everyone, including the odd few animals in the periphery of the castle. With promises made to meet again in the Holy City of Vegard, the party bade farewell to Nashi and finished the rest of the escort without a hitch, leaving them to all to part their seperate ways with Taji and Lirek safely entering Ryke.

Character Links:
Cast:
Invaders:
Combat:
I used combat rules during battle for learning purposes. The following things were done incorrectly, but were learnt about after:
  • Team up bonus
  • Breaking armour by using greater vit/spd than armour grade allows
  • Ceylan's cooldowns (in regards to his summons' spell durations)
I also allowed some upgrades mid-rp, particularly for Kurikara, which is why the numbers for him suddenly change(Go yell at Shiro I had no choice in the matter haha). If you find other things that I should learn/take note of that hasn't been mentioned here, do let me know!

Rewards:
(If none of these are even considered I will probably be mad and charge into someone's DMs for their reasoning, thanks, and you have been warned)

Ninelle
  • [Death's Touch] (Optional title) Character has danced close with death multiple times and this effect has rubbed off on them. They have a strange quality about them which makes them seem neither alive nor dead, with the living finding their presence eerie/unnerving and the undead being slightly less likely to attack them.
Justification: Not even including her pre-isekai death and her worlds death (set very soon in the future of her timeline), Ninelle has nearly/basically died twice in the span of a couple months, and I wanted a title that would represent this. Perhaps the name of the title could be rephrased, but something similarly eerie/ethereal would be great thanks(alternate ideas e.g. Deathly, Ghostly, Ethereal, etc).

Kurikara
  • [Enigma] (Optional title) Character is strange, unfathomable and hard to understand. Folks are more likely to be confused or curious by their presence, words and actions.
  • [Guardian] (Optional title) Character has proven themselves to prioritize the safety of their allies during combat, staying beside them and not charging ahead to give chase or retaliate against enemies. Those directly protected by the character gain a small mental bonus and tend to feel more calm and at ease under their protection.
Tyrmar
  • [Camp Cook] (Optional title) Character has the uncanny ability to bring out a meal no matter the location or situation. Whilst out in the wild, the character is more prone to meeting friendly travellers that want to rely on the character for sustenance and good times.
  • [One Man Army] (Optional title) Character has proven themselves to stand strong against overwhelming forces even when those behind them have faltered. They have a small mental bonus when facing combat situations where the character and their allies are outnumbered.
Ceylan
  • Persuasion F (skill acquired - 7pt narrator award)
  • [Good Boy] (Optional title) Character seeks the goodness in everyone, no matter the situation. When talking people down out of what they deem bad deeds, character receives a slight bonus to persuasion.
  • [Holy Child] (Optional title) Character has been blessed by the heavens multiple times to work things in their favour. Celestial beings or holy folk are more likely to think of the character favourably.
I don't know if Invaders would get titles (maybe criminal ones for harming folks?) but remember to give Zolgen and Maikoa their rewards too!

Last edited:
Isekai Hell RP Grade

Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Elvario Elvario AbenSur AbenSur EMIYAman EMIYAman TheTimePiece TheTimePiece NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

What a thing. It was apparent in the writing that there was a missing first half. Nice links though. Kept everything orderly and made it easier to play catch up. Makes me wonder if mid-rp grading should be a thing. Keep thread together and have intermission to grab points? Just thinking out loud though. Nice invasion. Actually went a few rounds compared to others although the whole thing seemed a bit odd. Herculean effort by feather keeping the combat orderly. Maps, full combat breakdowns, and attempt to adhere as if it were a world rp XD Definitely above and beyond the call of any IH narrator. Then the drama. The ending piece flipped from combat to more of a tense morality question almost. Blurring the lines of good guys and bad guys to just guys trying to make it. Nice seeing a serious scene taken seriously. Been quite a few chuckle fests lately where there was a disconnect between the mood someone was going for vs another.

I think the only things that come to mind was: did action economy and movement get adhered to as well as the effectiveness system? The main goal in any IH rp is just to avoid setting bad precedents. Letting characters to grossly overpowered things only to find out in the next rp they can't actually do that. I didn't see anything like that. Nothing a bit of luck or an rp reward won't fix. This probably shoulda been brought up in the first half of the rp if it wasn't but generally runaway slaves would be chased by slavers and aiding slaves in running away from the East Empire is a good way to get titles of a criminal persuasion. Doesn't really impact half the cast due to other rp's, but something that should be noted for the sake of keeping future freedom efforts sensible to the world. Perhaps that bit was already explained in part 1 though. Should be noted beastmen in the East Empire are not disciplined overly harshly. There is value in pretty faces and coats. Broken limbs, infections from wounds, or death is not just a loss of money and property but a potential for criminal titles. Particularly sadistic masters generally don't stay masters for long.

I'm a bit 50/50 on the tabbing of the post. Reduced scroll. Made things neater. But it did hide content and prompted me to go back and recheck posts for missed content. Think I'd have personally preferred only the purely informational content tucked away in spoilers and tabs. Meanwhile keep the actual post content visible. Feels like that's what you transitioned to toward the end anyway though.

Aftermath
N/A

Rewards

Ninelle - 105 points (narration bonus included)
  • optional title acquired [Death's Touch] - Character has danced close with death multiple times and this effect has rubbed off on them. They have a strange quality about them which makes them seem neither alive nor dead, with the living finding their presence eerie/unnerving and the undead being slightly less likely to attack them.
  • It's a bit odd requesting your own title ^ generally those are quested for as a goal set from the beginning. This one was flavory enough to be granted though.
Kurikara - 58 points
  • optional title acquired [Enigma] - Character is strange, unfathomable and hard to understand. Folks are more likely to be confused or curious by their presence, words and actions.
Tyrmar - 33 points
  • optional title acquired [Camp Cook] - Character has the uncanny ability to bring out a meal no matter the location or situation. Whilst out in the wild, the character is more prone to meeting friendly travelers that want to rely on the character for sustenance and good times.
Ceylan - 89 points
  • skill acquired Persuasion F (narrator award) - when adding skill to sheet, add 7pts to Earned and Spent Stats. Track in changelog as usual.
  • optional title acquired [Holy Child] - Character has been blessed by the heavens multiple times to work things in their favor. Celestial beings or holy folk are more likely to cooperate with character.
Partial Participants
The chaotic battle nature and exchange of blows coupled with not really doing much of anything to innocents means no titles this time

Zolgen - 11 points

Maikoa - 3 points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back