• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Lanstrich Village] Not a single crumb

saxon

One Thousand Club
Hello, everyone, this RP is set in the world of Isekai Hell; you can find information about the world here.

This Rp follows several characters as they are charged with protecting the supplies for a festival celebrating the yearly migration of the Glomunus Butterflies, known for their size. Still, they leave in their wake a special silk that is highly sought after. However, not all is at it seems as the rats have been acting strange lately. With the strange instances the adventurer's guild was contacted and a contract put out to keep the festival's supplies rat-free.
Setting:
Locations: Lanstrich, Ryke
Time of Day: 12:00 PM
Weather: The Sun sits in the sky. There is barely a cloud in the sky as the autumn breeze blows through the village of Lanstrich

Notes: Please link your character Sheet in your first post and any point boosters. 3-4 Day around can always put a new round up earlier if everyone posts sooner than expected.

Lanstrich.png

Kasumi school 3.png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Title(s): Fae, Ronin, Oni, mundane

Mentions: Eel Nana Eel Nana Lolory Lolory
Notes: While not in combat skills that do not deal damage have no cooldown.

Actions/Abilities:

The village of Lanstrich was nestled into the north part of Ryke, which was home to a small forest where the rest stop village was situated. Many merchants and various travelers going north to the Beastmen Republic often stopped here for a few days before continuing on with their journey. However, the village was also home to a strange festival along with an even stranger fauna: giant butterflies the size of small planes and some even larger than that. It was the time of year when the large butterflies migrated from the area around the village to warmer climates as the weather was slowly starting to get cooler.

Though with this change in weather, there had been incidents preparing for the festivals as large swarms of rats have been found moving about the village. However, no one has been able to find out what they were doing as of yet. More annoying the rats were seemingly getting into the food supplies and causing all sorts of trouble. With the festival getting closer, the village requested the help of the adventurer's guild to help them solve the matter at hand and save the festival.

Kōmori sat in the canvas covered wagon that had a barrel-shaped cabin toward the front. The wagon had brought her and the others parking in this request up to the village. The wagon belonged to a halfling merchant called Mr.Fellowhide who was bringing up supplies to sell to the village as well as making his way north to sell more of his wares in the country to the north. Kōmori being rather bored lazily sat next to the merchant as the ensure the Ox pulling the cart continued to follow the road. Most of the journey was a blur of boredom. There hadn't even been a bandit attack which made things even more dull in her mind.

"Best keep your eyes about you missy, these folk speak of strange things happening here. They speak of rats in large groups carrying supplies away and then disappearing. Though I suppose if you can believe that stuff but if I can make a profit, then so be it," Mr. Fellowhide chuckled as he ignited his pipe and took a few deep inhales before blowing out the smoke. He glanced back over his shoulder as the village gate came into view. The buildings were clustered together with a large church further back in the town. Though some trees had been cut down others had been left alone.

"If you could believe such a thing, well I think you are just a greedy old halfling but who am I to judge you? But I have to think that some parts of the story is true I mean they did ask the guild to send people out here to look at it and the festival is tomorrow. So they must know that something is up," Kōmori replied with a monotone voice not even bothering to look at the halfling. "You don't need to tell me about your wares again, you did so enough on the way up here, I for one will be happy to stretch my legs soon when we get into the village square," Kōmori concluded as she leaned back against the backrest as she looked down at the nodachi that was sitting in her lap.

When she looked over again she saw the scouwled that the halfling gave her as he snapped the reins a bit harder and mumbled under his breath. When the wagon finally stopped in the square several stalls were set up as they were selling food and various other items. But the town seemed to be bursting with life thanks to the festival that was only a day away. Decorations were being hung up as many of the locals helped to prepare for the town. "Now where to begin that is the question," Kōmori sighed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralph was looking out of the window of the wagon, lost in his thoughts. He had heard of the giant butterflies that were about to migrate from this region, and was pretty keen to see them for himself. It was this curiosity which led him to sign up for this expedition, although their main task this time round was to handle the rats. He wasn’t really sure how they were going to go about it. Maybe lay some traps down in the area, laced with rat poison?

He was also hoping to get a little bit of battle experience himself too, although fighting a swarm of rats sounded like a nasty and terrible idea. Come to think of it, there was a strong looking samurai lady who chose to sit in the front next to the merchant. Maybe he ought to ask her for a sparring match later, although it would be really embarrassing to lose to a girl.

He would then turn to the others who were in the cart with him. “Perhaps now would be a good time to introduce ourselves. I’m Ralph.” He then paused for a moment, thinking of what to say. As he did so, his tail would swish from side to side. “Anyone here like rats?” He asked, clearly having no good ideas.

Later on when the wagon had finally arrived at their destination, Ralph would get off the cart joining up with Komori. “We can begin here maybe. Let’s ask around for where the rats tend to be seen, then we could try to pinpoint their hideout.”

Winrey
1699576655806.png

Brown Rabbit |Character Sheet | "Let's make haste..."

Title(s): Beastman (Mundane) | Enigma
saxon saxon | Minyari Minyari | Eel Nana Eel Nana | Scarletti Scarletti

Winrey had quietly enjoyed the scenery along their wagon ride. The church was always on a boring hill with not much to glance at, so to finally be able to see all sorts of trees and terrain for the first time made him all that more excited to finally explore. Though his face remained impassive as he disembarked and followed behind the rest of his small party. The village they'd arrived in was a lot larger than his own small, hometown that didn't have a lot going for it. He couldn't even begin to count the amount of people passing by them, let alone the ones on the trail in their own caravans. He'd only heard of this festival in passing from his father, who was a much more traveled Rabbit than himself. Before he joined the church, and settled down, he'd been all over the place and seen things that Winrey could only imagine. The Glomunus Butterfly festival was one of the more larger funerary practices, but it was still an important one that anyone could participate in.

Winrey stood beside Komori, as she pondered the parties next move. If we hurry with the task, maybe we'll even get to participate in the festival... The idea excited him, as he surveyed the various stalls that surrounded them. The various food, clothing, and trinkets all enticed him to spend the small meager allowance his parents had given him before he left home. "We should hurry." Winrey said plainly. The more time they spent standing around, the less they'd have to enjoy the festivities, and that wouldn't do. He'd be very disappointed if they spent all their time working and not having any fun.

Last edited:
Almeida

dgtafO4.png

Languages: Common | [Terran] | %Analog%
Mentions: Kõmori saxon saxon | Ralph Scarletti Scarletti |

Ryke, huh? She hadn't gone there before. Her trip through the countryside made it seem like a quaint place. Less developed than her home country, but also a bit more natural. She liked it. That said, just travelling wouldn't get her the fame she was yearning for. She'd have to beat up some baddies for that~ After some looking, she eventually found out about a village in the north having a rat problem. Slaying rats, huh? That felt sort-off fitting as a starting quest.

Upon making her way to Lanstrich, she learned about more about the fauna. Some sort of butterfly giants were rumoured to be here. That could be fun. Apparently a festival regarding those was what had gotten folk more nervous about the rats than normal. Sadly enough, she wasn't getting the full picture, as she had to ask folk to translate any Common into Terran or Analog.

She eventually got stranded on the market square, having no clue where to start. That said, as she was looking around, she spotted a few interesting folk. The red-eyed, horned lass (Kõmori) in particular looked like she might know some things, considering she was looking all regal and armoured and whatnot. She wondered if such a person would speak Terran, but it was worth a shot. “[Hiya! Would I be correct to assume that a fine and mighty looking lass such as yourself is also here to check out the rat issue?]”

That's when she noticed the cat-looking red-haired dude. If anyone was out to hunt rats, it'd be a cat, right? “[Ah! I bet you're here for the rat hunt, ain't ya?]” She'd ask Ralph, although she did wonder if it was speciesist to assume the cat-folk were after the rats. Ah well, it was too late to take back those words. She checked out the rabbit folk as well, but that one seemed far too docile to be hunting rats.

Tachanka
bothchars.png
Character Sheet
(Tachanka Titles: Otherworlder, Beast, Canine)
(Milky Titles: Otherworlder, Beast, Furpent)

Tachanka wasn't expecting to have been on such a trip for 'business reasons' as Milky had put it. She knew the snake was cheerful and delightful in her ambitions yet coming so far to check out a festival for the experience and having heard about the butterflies and a rumour about some valuable silk. Despite her pacifistic softness in the heart, it was no surprise that she was thinking about potential profit to pursue her own dreams. Tachanka sighed as she waited for the wagon to transport them, having heard an earful that she too could use a moment out in order to limber up and practice, although Tachanka knew she was too busy being an untrained bodyguard for the snake to get any real practice or training in. That was the reason Milky had managed to get them in cohorts with a task that would possibly give them both an excuse for what they both had in mind in the first place. Although, Tachanka was more convinced the furpent was thinking about herself with this one.

"Okay, but I must admit, rat culling is not really anything I'm used to" Tachanka answered reluctantly, wanting the whole thing to be over with so she could get back to something else that she didn't know was going to end up using up her time instead of this. She glanced at those who also had come to help deal with it, unsure how people could be so excited over being an exterminator with no training, although one of them was part-cat so perhaps they were naturally built for such a quest. She had no idea what Almeida was saying, wondering if she somehow hit her head too hard at some point and leaning in to sarcastically whisper to Milky.

"I don't think you'd be able to help that one" she commented before squinting expectantly.
"I know we came here out of your idea, and as much as you might not want to, if you're coming along on this rat quest there will probably be at least one rat hurt. I am here to help protect you, but you chose a task that involves being on the offense at occasion" Tachanka relayed just so Milky was fully aware. She knew the serpentine woman was now a little more used to a violent world, yet wasn't convinced she was going to just cover her eyes at the first sight of blood.

Kasumi school 3.png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Mentions: Lolory Lolory Femboy Femboy Elvario Elvario Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707

Actions/Abilities:

Kōmori stood up from her seat and took a step off the wagon before dropping to the ground her knees bending slightly to absorb the impact of the ground. There were mainly humans from what she could tell, though she did see beastkin and fae though she wasn't sure if they were just here for the festival or if they were residents. That was yet to be determined, before she could delve deeper into her thoughts she heard a voice as she looked back over her shoulder it was the cat boy that was in the wagon she had been in. "Kōmori Fukitsu, well the request that was posted said to meet at the warehouse for the village as the meet up point with the requester, Ralph," she stated as she looked at several others that were now starting to show their faces.

When the other beastman spoke up Kōmori scratched the back of her head as she turned around to look around the area for a moment trying to look for a large building of some kind. "If you are looking for the warehouse, go down the road and it will be on your left can't miss it should be an Orc guarding the door unless they replaced him," Mr. Fellowhide stated as he pointed down the road that would take the group to the warehouse. Kōmori spun on her heel and was about to walk down the road that the halfling merchant pointed at. As she took the first step there was a foreign language being spoken right next to her that she didn't understand.

Blinking a few times she thought she was hearing things until she looked down and saw a woman that was taller than she was that seemed to be speaking to her. Kōmori looked up for a moment and cocked her head to the right a little as she was trying to piece things together. "I don't know what you are saying," she spoke slowly as she did her best to mime out the response using hand gestures. "If you are here to crush rats follow me," she concluded as she spoke slowly and at the mention of crushing rats she slammed her palm in her hand.

Then came two more individuals one a furry serpent and the other a catwoman who seemed to be out of her element. "Come on Tachanka, this will be good for the both of us, it will give us connections for me to eventually sell my goods and you get experience," Milky replied to Tachanka with a smile as her fork tongue poke out every now and then. "I'm sure your instincts will kick in and you will be best rat catcher in this village," Milky smiled as she then realized they had caught the attention of the others. "Oh sorry, this is Tachanka and I'm Milky we are also here to help with the rat problem," she concluded as she gently nudged Tachanka.

Kōmori stood up and looked over at the new arrivals, it seemed like the request had attacked a lot of people though they still hadn't got a lot of information on the specifics of the quest yet. Though she was hoping that the requester would be able to fill them all in on the matter. Though since one of the group members didn't seem to speak common, that was going to be an issue to deal with later on down the road. maybe if I get some paper and draw pictures maybe? She thought to herself before motioning for the group to follow.
anime, fantasty, male, noble, brown hair s-428901877.png
After about 10 minutes of walking past various stalls there was a man who was in fine clothing that would befit some kind of low-ranking noble. But the tunic was certainly a cut above what most merchants and commoners would be able to afford. The man with light brown hair opened a pocket watch as he seemed to be waiting for the arrival of someone or possibly a group of people. The warehouse was made of a combination of stone and dark oak planks. The stone made up the foundation and the first floor walls, on the second floor it was made entirely of oak planks.

When the man saw the group approach he quickly closed his pocket watch and flattened out his coat over the tunic and walked over to meet the group. "So you are the group of adventurers that accepted the request I presume? Well I will be quick, the store house needs to be protected we have found tunnels inside and some of the workers have been attacked by large rats as well as seeing swarms of rats picking things up and then taking them away," The noble spoke as he glanced at each one of the group waiting for a response.

Last edited:

When Kōmori instructed them to head for the warehouse, Ralph stared at her blankly. Wasn’t she the one who asked where to begin? Or was it just a rhetorical question and not meant to be answered. Well whatever, at least they had something to work with now, he shrugged.

The group were about to head off when suddenly someone new popped up. This someone turned out to be a tall girl dressed in somewhat revealing clothing! As she turned to speak to Ralph in some unknown language, the boy would shyly avert his gaze, staring straight at a far-off building before clearing his throat. “Uh… uhmm… hello, I guess?” His voice quivered unsteadily. He then turned to whisper to Kōmori. “Be careful Lady Kōmori, this might be some kind of scam where she seduces us and then ask for money.”

Right after, 2 more showed up. One of them seemed to be a snake girl covered in fur, while the other was dressed even more scantily! Taking a deep breath, Ralph tried calming himself down. “Ahem… The name’s Ralph. This is Lady Kōmori, and uh…” He tried introducing the other 2 members but haven’t caught their names yet. “Miss Bunny, would you like to introduce yourself?”

Following which, they made their way to the warehouse where an important figure seemed to be waiting for them. Ralph nodded his heard accordingly, as he listened to what the man had to say. “Okay. Let’s do this then.” The neko took out his great axe, resting the pole onto his shoulder as he gripped it in his right hand.

Last edited:
Winrey
1699886075494.png

saxon saxon | Minyari Minyari | Eel Nana Eel Nana | Scarletti Scarletti | Femboy Femboy | Elvario Elvario

Winrey silently surveyed the new group of people he'd be traveling with. He wasn't inclined to introduce himself at first, until that Cat had asked him to. Miss Bunny...? Is he talking about me...? "I am Winrey." He said simply. "I am not a 'Miss'..." He added while they walked towards the warehouse. As he walked alongside them, he noted just how strange his new traveling companions were now that he would be spending quite awhile with them. He hadn't even seen a Beastman like Milky before who was all snake and fur with no paws to speak of. And the girl who spoke in a strange language seemed polite enough, if not eager to get to work. And Tachanka seemed very tough, and scary to Winrey at least. The style of her dress was unlike anything he'd seen before he left his small village behind. People outside of the church dress so oddly...He was going to keep that comment to himself, however. They were a lot bigger than he was, it wouldn't take much to punt him if he spoke out of turn.

The noble who greeted them at the Warehouse had a kind of anxious air about him. Winrey noted the way he kept checking his pocket watch before hiding it in his coat. The situation he described did seem very dire, so Winrey could understand his impatience a little. "Will we get to keep any of them?" Winrey asked the man. He'd read in his alchemy book that the key to making a Homonculus was animal parts. He didn't feel like taking those parts from a Beastman or some other poor creature, but if they were here to slay rats then...Why pass up the opportunity?

Last edited:
Almeida

dgtafO4.png

Mentions: Kõmori saxon saxon | Ralph Scarletti Scarletti |

Almeida was a tad confused when Kõmori started acting strange. It was almost as if she mistook meters for feet and thought Almeida was tiny, instead of being a good two inches taller than Kõmori at first. That said, it did feel like the woman was trying to reply to her. When the woman slapped her palm, Almeida figured she might be with the right person. She replied by making a [“Squeak Squeak.”] sound as she moved her hand like it was a mouse, then tapped her hand with her hammer like she was ready to splatter the squeaking thing. That should get the question/message across.

Although she knew better, she greeted the two newcomers cheerfully. “[Oh my, I dig your style~]” She'd say to Tachanka, after which she'd look curiously at Milky. “[Got no clue what you are, but nice to meet you regardless~]” They probably wouldn't understand much, but it was worth a shot regardless.

That said, as she followed to group, she finally spotted a Human. “[Hiya, sir! I'm here for the rat extermination job. Are you the one organising it?]” She looked him up and down a bit, noticing he seemed like he might be an annoying type to deal with, but he was probably one of the few that would speak her language. “[What's up with these rats anywhere? Got some sort of mad rat king sending out his rat goons to loot the place?]” She joked, although considering what little she heard about this situation, she wouldn't even be surprised if her joke was somewhat accurate. “[Come to think of it, I would assume there's a least a few people that would figure out how to train rats to steal for them. Do we have permission to use violence against humanoids if we find anyone masterminding these rats?]” She figured that was better asked first, so that she could hammer away in peace later.

The cat one (Ralph) seemed surprisingly shy. How adorable. She'd give him a wink as he was leaning towards Komõri, then pointed towards herself. “[Almeida.]” Then to him. That should at least get her an introduction. Hopefully.

Tachanka

ee (1).png
Character Sheet
Mentions: saxon saxon Scarletti Scarletti Lolory Lolory Elvario Elvario

Watching silently as introductions were made to make ease of the job and communication easier, Tachanka didn't even make an attempt to introduce herself or say anything in greetings even after Milky did so for her. The cat misinterpreting the little bunny's gender was funny enough to arise a little smirk on Tachanka's face, especially since it was probably something that she would've ended up saying either accidentally or intentionally at some point. Considering his visible nervousness, she was unsure how steeled his emotions would be in the face of potential issues should they arise. Although, Tachanka did end up mumbling to herself in comment.

"Don't Winrey sound like a girl's name still? Unfortunate, bunnykid" she pondered in thought as her attention was brought back to Almeida speaking. She could tell the other girl in similar lack of a shirt was facing and speaking in her direction but anything she said basically sounded like gibberish. Having seen Komori's attempt to communicate with them, it was seeming that Tachanka wasn't the only one lost on such a thing. Although she wasn't sure if Almeida could understand any of the Common that was being spoken either.
"Yes, I agree. Makes a lot of sense" she blankly answered as she glanced to Milky, shrugging.
"That one's missing an integral screw definitely" she commented sarcastically to the furpent, unsure how they managed to even get the task or show up with the existing language barrier.

As they had moved on to the warehouse and were briefed on some information about the whole thing, Tachanka pondered in thought a moment before raising a question.
"Uh, question" Tachanka asked, although instead of being directed at him, her gaze slowly drifted to the rabbit  girl boy in a mix of confusion and disgust.
"What? You- you want to keep the rats? What are you gonna do, eat 'em? You got some weird personal vendetta or something, because if anything I would expect the kitty over there to ask that question" she asked as she gestured to Ralph.

Kai
1699950115816.png

Kai would find himself mediating inside the carriage, lost in thought as those with him began to disembark. He sat on his calves, his shins parallel with the wooden floor of the carriage. His sword lay in front of him, resting just a couple inches from his knees. It wasn't until the carriage slowly became silent again that Kai broke him his trance, pausing for a moment before he rose from his kneeling position. Picking up his weapon as he did, he would tap the edge of the blade against the side of the carriage. As the vibrations reverberated throughout the wooden structure a simple picture would be painted. Finding the exit he quickly left the carriage.

As the warm rays of sun kissed his cheeks he looked up. A habit from the time of old when his sight was still a luxury available to him, instead of the bright blue sky of a clear autumn day Kai was met with nothing but darkness. Turning his gaze back down the bustling town square gave him more than enough sound to determine his surroundings, there was no color nor light. Merely shadows outlined by the sound they emitted, voices with no faces, no features.

As Kai took in the village square another problem quickly arose, he didn't know where his group was. Glancing from side to side he waited for a moment, attempting to pick up anything he could. About to lose all hope he eventually heard a woman's voice saying something about crushing rats, picking up the sound he promptly found what he assumed to be his group of adventures. Their voices and passive noise marking out the mismatched frames and stored weapons. He doubted there were many villagers here with cat ears and great-axes, at least he hoped not. That would make things awfully confusing. Following the trail of sound they left behind he quickly moved in their wake.

Despite the lack of eyesight of the Blind Swordsmen seemed to make his way around just fine, side-stepping a child a who wasn't paying attention that came barreling his way. It wouldn't take long for Kai to eventually find himself behind the group stopped outside of the warehouse. Standing at the back of the group he spoke plainly, making himself known.

"I am here to kill some rats."

It was quite blunt but Kai didn't have much else to say, the quest was quite straightforward. While not the most exciting or fantastical of quests everyone had to start somewhere and truthfully, Kai didn't mind all that much. If he had to kill some rats to return home then he'd kill some rats. It was as simple as that.

If the other members of the group were to look at Kai he wasn't anything special, a simple human with shaggy black hair. Standing at a height of 5'11 the Blind Swordsmen seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary. Except the blindfold of course, a black piece of cloth tied around his head. Apparently removing his vision although that didn't look to be a problem for Kai. Except he wasn't actually looking at anyone in the group. Merely facing forward.

Kota

0db2210e-71ad-4240-928e-1b89e81d40db

Titles: Beastman (Mundane), Kitsune, Isekai
Character Sheet

Mentions: saxon saxon Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 Femboy Femboy Elvario Elvario Scarletti Scarletti Lolory Lolory

While the others vacated the carriage quite a bit ago, Kota still remained deep in slumber. The bumpy travel coupled with the chatter of the other occupants seemed to have rocked the beastman to sleep. Kota’s eyes slowly flickered as he came to with a big yawn. one powerful enough that required the Kitsune to wipe a tear from his eye. “Damn that was a good nap” he muttered, smacking his lips before looking around noticing that no one was around.

“Guys?” He called out, his giant bears erect and pointing forward showing that he was alert. Kota then arose from the corner of the carriage before peeking outside, unable to find any of the others. Now annoyed, the beastmans nose scrunched up. How could they just leave without waking me up! They couldn’t have left not too long ago. Kota approached the first person he could find, an owner of a local stall that specialized in produce. “Have you seen a rather strange looking group of individuals walk by here? An Oni with armor and pointy horns” He put both of his hands to the side of his head and extended both pointer fingers up mimicking horns. “There were also 4 beastmans and a woman with a big hammer who's half metal except, Pretty hard to miss.” The man simply nodded and pointed in the direction that they went in which Kota bowed his head in thanks before darting off in said direction.

After about 5 minutes of passive aggressive crowd maneuvering. Kota could see the others standing outside a warehouse speaking with a well dressed noble. Perhaps the individual who called for the job in the first place. The Kitsune craned his head to the side as he regrouped with everyone, So much for a first impression.

“Excuse my tardiness, hopefully I didn’t miss out on too much. I’m also here for the extermination job.” He exclaimed, doing his best to salvage his impression.

Last edited:

Kasumi school 3.png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Mentions: Lolory Lolory Femboy Femboy Elvario Elvario Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 SixSense SixSense

Actions/Abilities:

Kōmori shifted her gaze over toward Ralph as he whispered to her, "Well I think if they wanted to do that there would be more appeal going on here, unless you are saying they are appealing enough to you." She eyed the two for a moment before she simply shrugged her shoulders. Whatever their goals were didn't matter to her, she was here to accomplish the task at hand and master the sword. That was all there was so long as they cooperated then she would do the same at least until they gave her reason not to.

As the group arrived as the warehouse and started to interact with the nobleman that was standing outside. He took a few steps back and motioned with his hands to calm down with all the questions at once. As Winrey asked her question, the nobleman cocked his head to the right. "Uh, can you elaborate on that a bit more? I don't think I heard you right," The man stated as he forced a smile as there was still something more he needed to know.

When Almeida walked up and spoke, the man nodded his head and replied in Terran. "Oh yes, I'm Cedrick Von Blur the mayor of this village. So yes I am organizing the request that needs to be completed. Though there are rats of all sizes some attacking the warehouse and other smaller swarms causing disturbances around the town. The guards can handle the other disturbances but the vast majority of activity has been around here. So that is why you are all here to destroy them and find out what the cause of the problem is. Oh, and if you break anything you will be paying for it," Cedric replied as he folded his arms across his chest.

As the others conversed, the last two members of the group arrived rather late. Though to say the least the blind swordsman didn't seem to impress the mayor at all as he turned his attention to the new arrivals that had just arrived. "Your goal is simple, kill the rats and keep them from getting into the food supplies for the festival. If you break anything you will be paying for it," Cedric replied as he continued to look directly at Kai not entirely sure if he was pulling his string.

"Now I will go and unlock the warehouse, the supplies you are guarding on on the ground floor. Keep an eye out, the rats do like to dig tunnels now if you will excuse me, I must go attend to the preparations," Cedric then turned to leave and tossed the keys to Almeida before disappearing around the corner. With that the group was left alone in the warehouse; inside the warehouse there was several rows of shelves. On these shelves were various crates, bags, and drinks. The ground was made of dirt despite the looks of the building. Which left little to wonder how the rats could potentially get in. Various crates were all over the place stacked in corners several high.

The air was damp, though much cooler than what it was outside, stepping inside the room was fairly well lit as there was torches on the walls that kept some light. The crates not on the shelves were nailed down and there was a slight breeze coming form the cracks in the walls at the back of the building.

Almeida

dgtafO4.png

Mentions: Kõmori saxon saxon | Tachanka Femboy Femboy | Kai Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707

She was a tad annoyed when neither of the two beasts (Tacha and Milky) could understand her, but she hadn't expected much better. The more annoying part was that they still talked back to her. Could've just shrugged it off. Well, two could play that game. [“You should totally buy me some drinks once this is over.”] She replied to Tachanka at random. She had no clue what'd been said, but since that was mutual, she might as well reply whatever she felt like replying with a broad smile and a wink. Let them reach their own conclusions after.

When she spotted the blindfolded fellow (Kai), she sighed in relief. [“Finally, someone that speaks my language! Nice to meet you, I'm Almeida. I'm assuming you're also here to hunt some rats?”] She asked, assuming he would indeed speak [Terran] based on his race. [“Although I must say, you seem to be moving awfully well, for wearing a blindfold. What's the trick? Some type of super-sense?”] She was a tad curious on that front.

As for speaking Terran, she was glad the noble did. [“It's an honour to meet you, sir Von Blur!”] She'd reply, making a bow. Best to butter-up to one of the few that could speak her language and the one who's word could help spread her fame around later. Annoyingly enough, he didn't answerer her last question. [“With all due respect, I would like to know if we've got permission to use violence against humanoids if we find out that someone's behind this, controlling the rats.”] She repeated her earlier question. Wouldn't want to risk getting all too violent without permission.

She'd catch the keys, hopefully after having had an actual answer, but would enter the warehouse once he left either way. [“Hmmm...”] She hummed to herself. [“Hey, mister blindfold.”] She'd ask the only one likely to speak her language. [“Could ya translate for me for a bit? I want to ask the others if they think we should be setting traps or exploring our surroundings or something. Just sitting here, waiting for some rats to dig into this place, that just seems awfully boring. Unless any of you know a way to pass the time, I guess~”] She'd ask him. She'd add a smile, but that'd likely be wasted effort on him.

“Ah, I do apologize Mr. Winrey.” Ralph replied when Winrey pointed out that he was by no means a Miss. Right after, he’d overhear Tachanka mentioning that she’d expect him to be the one to chase after rats instead of the rabbit.

“Hey, don’t look at me. Just because I’m a cat guy doesn’t mean I’m into eating those filthy, disease-infested rats. On the other hand, it does seem queer for a rabbit to hunt rats for food. I thought they’d much prefer carrots.” Ralph looked over at Winrey inquisitively.

Just then, a couple of newcomers would show up. Ralph was getting tired of introducing himself. Meh, they’d probably find out each others names sooner or later anyways, he thought. The strange girl who spoke in a different language was already speaking to one of them, although Ralph didn’t know if there was much of a point in doing so when so far no one had gotten her. The guy was blind too, which might be an issue down the line.

The noble would then give them their instructions, before leading them into the warehouse. Wait, they had to pay if they caused any damages? Darn it… now they had to be extra careful. As he thought over this, he strode over to the middle of the room, using his [Heightened senses] to listen for any sound of rats in the room. Perhaps he could find any holes where they could potentially come from first. He would also hear the slight breeze coming through the cracks at the back of the building, focusing his hearing on it more.

Abilities used:
[Heightened senses - Hearing] - Grade F - 0 post cooldown

Winrey
1700254868522.png

saxon saxon | Minyari Minyari | Eel Nana Eel Nana | Scarletti Scarletti | Femboy Femboy | Elvario Elvario | Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 | SixSense SixSense
"Oh I won't be eating any of them." Winrey explained. "It's for an experiment." Eating rats just seemed ridiculous, so he was quite surprised to see that's immediately what everyone assumed of him. I can make do with taking some of their fur...or a tail, maybe...He thought to himself. If there were going to be any rats unfortunate enough to run into him, he'd make certain to take just a little bit for later. He could stow their remains in his bag without needing to take the entire body. If they were really such an issue, no doubt they'd be quite large. And nobody here seemed keen on helping him carry a big rat out of the dark.
As the Noble opened the door to the warehouse, his companions readied themselves for a fierce hunt. It was unpleasant in the warehouse to say the least, the damp air and dirt ground made for a very filthy place for storage. Winrey pondered how the rats could possibly be getting in if the entire warehouse was packed with dirt, but then he recalled what the Noble had said briefly about the rats digging tunnels. Perhaps they are finding their way from a bit further into the warehouse to the supplies? They could be nesting in a different area, and then bringing food back...He wondered. Winrey had some experience with pest control when he cleaned the church, and from his life of cleaning corpses. Pests like bugs and rats always liked to carry their meal with them to eat in safety before any people could come to deal with them. He walked over to one of the shelves, and then made his way to the dirt walls of the warehouse, running a soft hand along it. Hearing their feet would be impossible with all of the rock and stone getting in the way, but sensing them might be something he could do if he were close enough. I know you're there...reveal yourself to me. Winrey thought, as strained his ears just a bit to seek out the potential hiding spots of the rats.

Abilities:

• "I know you're there" - Heightened Sense E, Appraisal F - Allows for the user to sense the presence of others, can strain the ears if used for too long. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

Last edited:
Kai
1700282192311.png

Mentions: Lolory Lolory saxon saxon Elvario Elvario SixSense SixSense Femboy Femboy

Kai would catch the latter half of Cedric's explanation of their quest, he didn't seem to notice Cedric's unapproving gaze. Unable to actually tell the man was even looking at him. His "eyes" were merely focused on the actual warehouse, the skipping of passive noise emanating from the group and lighting up the building with ripples of sound. Dancing from one brick to another, akin to that of a wave washing over the structure. It wasn't until Almedia actually spoke to him that he even returned his gaze downwards. As they spoke to him he quickly understood the predicament Almedia found themselves in. Truthfully there was some humor behind the fact that one of them couldn't see and the other couldn't speak the common tongue. Nevertheless Kai introduced himself.

["I'm surprised no one else here speaks your language."] Kai said, his tone neutral. ['I'm Kai, its good to meet you. That's the plan anyways, unless something else comes breaking into the warehouse. I suppose we'd have to kill that then."] The swordsmen spoke very bluntly. Their next question did seem to surprise him, the blindfold shifting ever so slightly as his eyebrows raised. Rarely did people actually question how he got around. Most gave the same response as Cedric. ["Echolocation."] He stated. ["I see sound, for lack of a better explanation. Busy places are easier."]

Kai explained, taking a slight step back as Almedia began talking to the noble. Moreso taking the time to orient himself with the rough shapes of each adventurer. The ears and horns were the easiest giveaway Kai planned on using and on further inspection it was actually quite the odd assortment of individuals that companied him for this quest. He didn't really know what else he should've expected for a beginner level quest though.

As the doors swung open Kai entered the building, his finger tips dragging against the side of the interior of the warehouse. The damp and cool air slipping through the cracks causing some moisture form on the side of the bricks. The swordsmen rubbed his two fingertips together as he inspected the inside of the warehouse. Tapping his sheathed blade against the wall a couple times to light up the building, sound once again rippling over the bricks. Looking down at the dirt floor he frowned. Perhaps if they had a stone floor they'd have less of a rat problem, there may actually be no rat problem. Kai broke from his train of thought as Almedia spoke to him once again.

'Mister Blindfold.' seemed like an apt description, it was certainly enough to get Kai's attention. ["Hm..Very Well."] Turning to the group at large he spoke common. "Almedia would like us to consider the idea of either setting traps or exploring our surroundings. Sitting here would seem to be an inefficient use of our time." It wasn't exactly what they said but close enough. "Personally I have to agree, setting traps could be a good idea. We should also consider the idea of trapping one or injuring it. If their nest is outside the warehouse we could be lead to it."

Turning back to Almedia he spoke once more. Explaining to them what he said in common. ["I explained your ideas, I think setting traps would be best. I also proposed either trapping or injuring a rat to find its nest. Injuring would most likely be faster and more reliable but it may be considered too.. Inhumane. Either way, mediating will be a good way to pass the time. I suspect it may take the rats a while to venture out, especially with all this new movement in the warehouse. Rats may be just rodents but they aren't stupid."]

With that last tidbit of... Wisdom? Kai began making his way deeper into the warehouse, tapping his weapon against the wall as he did.

(a bit short on time heres quickpost)
Tachanka

ee (1).png
Character Sheet

Tachanka listened in on the explanation of what they were doing to be precise, seeing as they were now also joined by a blind swordsman wondering why such a thing was to be, or if putting themselves in harm's way without a pair of eyes was the best idea to do. Then again, it wasn't like everyone was to be exactly reasonable or understandable in their methods of times, choosing to ignore it as they were soon granted access to the warehouse to do their job. Hearing out the given ideas, Tachanka pondered if it was worth just making sure eyes and ears were spread about around the building to make sure that things didn't get by during idle chatter or planning.

"I'm just gonna keep an eye somewhere else for the time. He said they dig tunnels or whatever right? So they might come from anywhere out the walls and floor, they might just dig a new way in if it's blocked or looks like a bad idea" Tachanka answered to all, although just wanting a little bit of an excuse to not listen to plans to complicate the task any more than it needs to be when she could just keep things simpler in her own headspace. Wandering away from the general group to keep an eye on somewhere else in the warehouse just to keep attention spread, perking her ears to see if she could hear anything. She also kept attention for anything that smelled considerably bad, considering they were rats, yet she didn't really know what to expect for their hygiene.

Actions
1. Use Heightened Senses (E)(Hearing, Smelling) to pay attention for rats.

Kasumi school 3.png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Mentions: Lolory Lolory Femboy Femboy Elvario Elvario Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 SixSense SixSense

Actions/Abilities:

As the group was now left to their own devices, and thankfully, someone seemed to be able to communicate with Almeida. As Ralph made his way into the warehouse and tried to use his ears, he was met by the sound of the others talking and the sound of the wind howling through the crack. However, he didn't pick up anything moving around at least not the sound of a rat moving about. As the others moved into the warehouse, their eyes slowly adjusted to the darker interior.

Kōmori cocked her head to the right as Winrey tried to explain the whole situation with the question bout the rats. However, that didn't seem to help the case in her mind, letting it rest for the time being. She walked into the warehouse, hearing the sound of dirt under her feet as she looked down and rolled her eyes. "Well this leaves little to mind on how the rats are able to get in here at least from the ground. Dirt floors don't really do well at keeping things out if you dig through," She stated, looking back at the other group members. Winrey tried to hear any rats, though she wouldn't hear anything out of the ordinary either.

Kōmori looked back over her shoulder as she heard the sheathed blade tap the wall several times. When the swordsman then spoke about the request, the woman who didn't seem to speak common was saying. Rolling her eyes as turned to face the group, "If there was a single rat you could trap the area, but we still don't know the whole story here. Plus, did anyone bring something to make traps with?" Kōmori inquired as she shifted her gaze to each member of the group. While in her mind, it wasn't a bad plan, she didn't know if they had the supplies even to make it a possibility.

As Milky followed Tachanka deeper into the warehouse, the duo wouldn't be able to pick up anything from the rats as of yet. However, the two would notice a tipped-over box at the back of the warehouse. Upon closer inspection,/*- the two noticed there is a hole behind where the crate was. The area looked fairly recently disturbed, along with tracks that didn't look like they were from the average rat. However, the hole was big enough for a medium-sized dog to enter. Outside of that that was the first thing that had been spotted that backed the story that something more was going on here compared to just rats. With the tunnel going to wherever it happened, lead to. "There is a hole back behind this crate, with something that looks like large rat tracks," Milky called out to the rest of the group.

Almeida

dgtafO4.png

Mentions: saxon saxon | Kai Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707

Luck was still on her side, as her assumption that the Human spoke [Terran] was correct. Finally, someone to talk with! [“I know, right?!? We're in Ryke, there's a lot of Humans here and yet this group didn't even have one until you showed up, nor does anyone else speak their language! You'd think we were in Kuridan or the West Empire!”] She replied, before realising a point. [“Ah, right, I'm talking about how our group has at least five beastfolk!”] She wasn't sure if his 'sight' thing would've spotted that already or not.

She tilted her head a bit. [“Echolocation? That sounds pretty cool! Wait, so if busy places our easier, would that mean you wouldn't mind if I ended up making some noise. My weapon of choice isn't exactly the silent type~”] She didn't want to risk his echolocation thingy with her noise, but if noise was useful to him, they'd probably make a good team.

[“Thanks, you're a champ~”] She replied, glad he translated for her. [“They're rats, so I doubt anyone cares about what's humane or not, right?”] Even the beastfolk were distant enough in their relation to actual animals to not bother too much, or so she'd assume. [“Meditating...”] Sitting in silence, just thinking? The absolute horror! No way was she going to do that! That'd be too boring to survive.

Considering she never got an answer to whether or not violence against humanoids was allow, she assume it was. After all, there such such a thing as silent compliance. [“I really hope there's someone puppeteering these rats~ Beating up some evil folk is a lot more fun than just some rat-hunting!”] She stated.

As she was already getting bored, she was looking around for some trap-making opportunities with her Tinkerer F abilities and tools. A simple snare should be easy enough. Then again, she could hear the fur snake call out, so she went to go check what was up. [“Oho, seems like you found our intruders. That looks like it would've been a chunky rat~”] She stated, even though she knew Milky wouldn't understand her. It's the thought that counts in situations like these.

n1.png

Lolory Lolory saxon saxon

Ralph wondered if Winrey was some sort of scientist himself when he mentioned experimenting on the rats. If he recalled from his previous life, students who studied biology would often dissect frogs or something right? Maybe the little bunny was doing something similar to that. In that case, he had to be pretty smart, huh. Ralph nodded to himself upon reaching this conclusion.

Next, he would take note of the sound coming from the crack at the back of the warehouse. It was worth investigating, as they had no other clues thus far. Hearing the man with the blindfold on speak would snap him out from his thoughts, as he and the strange girl, Almeida, suggested them to make use of traps. However, Komori didn’t seem to agree with the plan as she rolled her eyes at the thought of it, questioning the others if they had such tools to set up the trap in the first place.

“Hmm, I wouldn’t just dismiss the idea. I mean, we could probably make use of food scraps and lure them out or something. Anyone got cheese on em? I think rats like cheese. And if these crates have any food in em, that'd be handy.” Ralph commented. That was when Milky would announce the discovery of a strange hole. So that’s where the wind was coming from, Ralph mused to himself. Turning to Winrey, the smallest of the bunch, he'd say, “Mr. Winrey, I think this right here is a job well suited for your capabilities. If you don't mind, could you go in there for a bit and telling us where it leads to?”

Winrey
1700437900778.png

saxon saxon | Scarletti Scarletti

Winrey's ability led to a modicum of success as he was able to sense a few rats throughout the walls just nearby. However, they were in such an awkward position that it'd make no sense to just claw their way through the dirt walls to the rats (that, and well, it'd cause a lot of damage he imagined). I know where they are...but how to get to them? He wondered for a moment, before he heard his name being called. He turned to see Ralph and a few of the others surrounding a small hole in the wall. It was small, but not small enough that a child of his size wouldn't be able to fit in it. "There are a few rats on the other side of the walls...Perhaps the hole will lead us to one of them?" He said, as he got on his knees and poked his head in to see.

Though he was a Beastman and they were known to have higher senses than humans, Winrey's eyesight was pretty average. He decided to rely on his ears instead, since those were the only Heightened Sense that he had. As he listened closely, he could hear the telltale tramp of small feet. He went forward at a slow pace, crawling through the small hole until he reached the end. Winrey remembered that he'd sensed a few rats earlier, but there was something off about the amount of sound their small feet were making. It didn't exactly match with the number he had guessed in his head when he used his ability.

Soon, he was able to exit the tunnel, and found himself in a much more open area. Is this another area of the warehouse...? It seemed to match the same, dirt interior as the other room. The rats feet still persisted, and it was very dark, yet he still couldn't see any in the room around him. He crouched by the hole he exited out of, "There's nothing back here. I hope."

Actions:

• Listen Closely-Heightened Sense (Hearing)

Last edited:
Kota

0db2210e-71ad-4240-928e-1b89e81d40db

Titles: Beastman (Mundane), Kitsune, Isekai
Character Sheet

Mentions: saxon saxon Scarletti Scarletti Lolory Lolory Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707

Cedricks instruction were pretty straightforward, making note that anything they break they’ll have to pay for it. He would then proceed to open up the warehouse for the group, passing the keys over to the construct woman. Leaving the group to solve the problem. The dirt floor was the first thing that Kota noticed, his ears drooped for a second. not surprised

The idea of a trap came up which sounded like a good start, the idea proposed by the metal woman known as Almeida and translated by the blind swordsman. The Oni was in opposition for good reason asking the group and they had the required materials and knowledge. Kota recalled a time where he had gone down a rabbit hole of extermination videos. He pondered to himself as he tried to recall, pacing about the warehouse with a hand on his chin. An elaborate contraption would be helpful but it isn’t particularly necessary. As long as they had a way to evict the rodents out from their crawl space it should be fine. Kota soon had his train of thought broken by the furpent finding a hole with large rat tracks.

Kota went over to investigate the tracks, recalling that these weren’t average rats but large and possibly aggressive ones at that. The cat beastkin suggested the bunny eared beast go inside, referring to them as Mr.Winrey who soon enough disappeared into the tunnel. Winrey reportee to the group that there was nothing back there.

“Are you sure there is nothing of importance back? Could you describe the surroundings perhaps or even feel against the walls?” Kota had then recalled that the blind swordsman had been tapping the walls. Instantly a light bulb went off in his head.

“If you make enough noise maybe our translator over here can help us find some clues.”

Kai
1700552987353.png
Mentions: SixSense SixSense saxon saxon Elvario Elvario Lolory Lolory

--
["Your weapon should be fine."] Kai reassured

Kai didn't petition further for the idea of trapping, truthfully he was rather indifferent to what the group decided on doing as long as it resulted with their job getting completed. The swordsmen would break from his stroll around the interior of the warehouse once Milky called out the rest of the group. Letting the sheathed blade tap against various objects as he moved forward. The scuttling reverberations of noise which danced across the warehouse made sure Kai didn't miss a step.

Stopping at the hole and meeting up with the rest of the party who were now crowding around the opening he'd arrive just as Winrey was exiting.

"Hm.."

The man frowned slightly as he glanced around the warehouse. It was fairly unfortunate that they didn't ask for an actual building plan of the warehouse but hindsight twenty-twenty and all that. As Kota made his suggestion Kai looked back to the group, if Winrey was able to make some noise he should, in theory be able to form some sort of picture although it wouldn't be entirely accurate.

"That's not a bad idea. Don't know if the uh.." Kai paused, he didn't actually know Winrey's name. "Rabbit will want to get back into the rat hole though." He finished. "If this is how they are getting in I am quite intrigued to where it leads to though, or we could trap the hole and wait."

Next he looked to Almedia, switching to her language. ["Do you have something that could either block or set up a trap on that hole?"]

Last edited:

Kasumi school 3.png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Actions/Abilities:
  • Dark Continent Style Shinten - Weapon Mastery Nodachi F, Fast F, Blight F (Corruption), Aura F (Corruption), Area F, Continuing F, Selective F, Energized F - Kōmori bathes herself, and her weapon in corruption, using her weapon surging forward to strike a target. Corruption Aura and Blight last for 1 full round of combat. - F Grade - 0 Post Cooldown
  • Dark Continent Oni-Strike - Weapon Mastery Nodachi F, Fast F, Accurate F, Blight F (Corruption), Energized F - Kōmori delves deep into her being, bringing out the full power of her linage moving at speed, coating her blade in the corruption of her homeland and striking a target. Target's speed is reduced by 1 grade effectiveness- F Grade - 0 Post cooldown
1. Moves 15 Ft to Rat 1
2. uses Dark Continent Style Shinten
3. Uses Dark Continent Style Oni-Strike

Notes: I do apologize for the wait I was waiting for the holiday to pass before starting the new round. Also, please try to keep describing the new area to a minimum until I get around to explaining the area. Winrey is not in combat as of now. Combat has begun! Three Action economy is in effect. Blood for the Blood God and all that jaz.

As Ralph asked for any cheese, Kōmori brought her hand to her chin, pondered it for a moment, and shook her head. "I don't have any cheese on me; it tends not to last very long. But I'm sure one of the merchants in the village sells it. Though I wouldn't recommend splitting up the group," Kōmori warned as she approached the rest of the group Winrey was already going into the hole, letting out a sigh as the rabbitkin disappeared. Hopefully, they don't find anything or get ambushed; we won't be able to get there since we don't know where it leads to. She thought to herself before standing by the hole with the others drumming her fingers against her forearm.

As the group was huddled around the hole, a sudden screech came from further down the line of shelves they were currently in. The ground rumbled and five large rats this time the size of an Irish Wolfhound out of two newly made holes knocking over some shelves in the process. The sound of glasses breaking and other objects from the crates on the shelves as they hit the ground was audible. Unknown to the group but to Winrey, the tunnel that had been found collapsed in the middle leaving the two sides disconnected.

Kōmori whistled as she saw the size of the rats, 'They breed them big here, this is going to be fun!" She grinned from ear to ear in fact this was the most excited she had been since the group had been assembled. Her normally neutral expression was gone and just maybe a hint of joy for what was about to come. "Looks like we got a mini-ratmancer somewhere if I had to guess," With no hesitation she surged toward the closest rat gripping her Nodachi tightly, using Dark Continent Style Shinten as a dark crimson aura bathed Kōmori and her blade bring her blade down on the overside rats head as it let out a screech of pain. and the creature became covered in the same aura that bathed her and the weapon. As the creature hadn't fallen yet, she delivered an Oni-Strike as she brought her blade across the creature as it let out another screech of pain. The rat swiftly countered, swiping it paw at Kōmori who didn't have time to dodge as she was knocked off her feet into some shelves and had some of the shelves above her head fall down.

The other rats now angry that their comrade had been attacked all started to rush forward. However, none of them attacked just yet as they seemed to be watching and waiting for their targets to make the first first move. The rats surrounded the other for at the corner near the now collapsed hole. Screeching every so often as they were intently focused on the group, there was rage in the eyes of the rats, make no mistake.

Meanwhile on the other side of the hole,

Winrey looking around would noticed that there were some crates against the walls. The place looked like it was a basement; random pieces of old items were layered in dust, and there was stairs at the far side of the room. From a quick glance around she would notice there was a lot of items you would find in a child room and other was movement coming from upstairs. The tunnel on the way in had slowly been gradually going downhill ever so slightly.

Looking around the room some more there wouldn't be any signs of a nest in the area at least from what he could see currently. It was at this time Winrey heard the tunnel behind her collapse and the screeching that had come from the other side just before the collapse. The Rabbit at least for the time being was in uncertain territory and what could be unfriendly territory depending on the situation.

Much like the warehouse thought the place was damp, condensation lined the walls but the air was surprisingly cool, though the crates on further inspection looked brand new and there was tracks that led to those new crates.

Combatants
5 Oversided Rats (Started 15-20ft from the party)
5 Members of the party

Rat Abilities Used
Swipe - Superstrength X, Natural weapon X, Strength X- Using its great strength and paws it swipes at the target with X force behind it, potentially sending the target off its feet. - Grade X - X post cooldown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back