• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Finished [Azuran City] *✧・゚Mystery at the Valeriana Manor*✧・゚

Lolory

RWBY Tuesdays
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

(Azuran| Night| Winter | Aloe's Townhome)
A Mystery? How befitting of a lord~

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

The night time streets of Azuran are peaceful, at least if you stay uptown and don't go down any of the more seedier looking alleyways. The Town home described in the invitation that Aloe had sent to each Adventurer looked a lot better than the house Kuro was more accustomed to living in. I would like a home just like this one in the city once I get my status up! She looked enviously at the nice polished oak door, and iron candle holders that lit the small front porch. She couldn't convince her Uncle Saldana to tag along with her on this journey, he complained that he was "getting too old for all of that".

"And besides, this kind of cushy mystery solving job seems just your speed. I'm more of a rough and tumble kind of guy, you know?" And so she stood by the front porch and waited for the door to open, and hoped she wasn't the only person who had gotten that special invitation. She still had it in her coat pocket and took it out to go over it.

Madame Oakwell of the Valeriana Manor
personally invites you to a night in her gardens!
Come during the Winter Solctice, and commemorate a once in a life time
"Grand Opening" for Azuran's ONLY Valeria Flower Gardens!

No Plus Ones| Invite Only| Commoner's Welcome

Kuro had almost completely ignored it when she first found it amongst her belongings, someone had been trying to get this to her for a long while it seemed. It was the back of the invitation that really caught her eye, and was the sole reason she even bothered with coming here.

Oakwell is hiding something dark in that manor, and I need help finding the evidence to finally lock her away for good. I know she's been using Alchemy to create a new drug that all the nobles are into these days, but I don't have the proof and nobody believes me! You could help though. When you go to that party, try and find clues, anything, that will prove she's behind the making of that drug. I promise to compensate you for your time and effort if you succeed. Meet me at my townhome in Azuran tonight to discuss more...

-Aloe
No doubt other people had also gotten this same invitation, unless this mysterious "Aloe" wanted Kuro to investigate on her own. Still, she waited outside for others to slowly arrive to the scene. It was late, and so not many were out at this hour.

1701983515159.png

coded by: s e v e n s e v e n

Last edited:
🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Lolory Lolory

• mystery of the manor

During Eriedeth's departure from the Western Empire she had decided to head on back to Ryke. She...had enough of dealing with fighting and what not. On her way back to Ryke she had managed to recieve what seemed to be a invite for something. She opened it carefully with her paws the paper in of itself seemed a bit vague. Only reading:

Madame Oakwell of the Valeriana Manor
    personally invites you to a night in her gardens!
    Come during the Winter Solctice, and commemorate a once in a life time
    "Grand Opening" for Azuran's ONLY Valeria Flower Gardens!

No Plus Ones| Invite Only| Commoner's Welcome

She tilted her head at the words, but confused, she knew no one with the name Oakwell. And thought for a brief moment it was best to discard the invite. After all, at that point, it was a good distance before she would reach Ryke. Before she could rip it, however, she noticed words on the other side. 'There's more?' Eriedeth flipped it over and read the other side carefully:

Oakwell is hiding something dark in that manor, and I need help finding the evidence to finally lock her away for good. I know she's been using Alchemy to create a new drug that all the nobles are into these days, but I don't have the proof and nobody believes me! You could help though. When you go to that party, try and find clues, anything, that will prove she's behind the making of that drug. I promise to compensate you for your time and effort if you succeed. Meet me at my townhome in Azuran tonight to discuss more...

For Eriedeth, this asked if that was something she wanted to deal with. She was exhausted from both events that had occured in the Eastern Empire and what happened later in the Western Empire, which she hadn't thought would happen when her original goal when starting her journey was to gather materials for her projects. After thinking it over, the Engineer had thought 'why not?' Though she didn't understand why this 'Aloe' had decided to invite a random engineer is beyond her. At this point--disregarding how exhausted she was, she had done plenty of deeds this far. Ranging from good to...she'll admit some that were a bit questionable. This would be what led her to Valeriana Manor. It was a long trip, but she had made it. Her green eyes widened at the beautiful building in front of her. This supposed drug lord must be living the life, but then again, according to the letter, this 'Madame Oakwell' had connections to nobility and was probably one herself. Upon her arrival, Eriedeth saw a cat girl with short hair that was black to blue ombre. Eriedeth went over to her and asked.

"Are you a guest as well? Is this Valeriana Manor?"

The girl, after all, seemed to be waiting outside. The cat girl was only a inch shorter than she was.
    ---

Summary:

After receiving a mysterious invite to investigate a possible drug lord on her way back to Ryke from the western empire. Eriedeth arrives at the location and speaks to Kuro

Last edited:
Pierre ‘François’ Rothæl
IMG_0972.jpeg
[Location - Azuran {Aloe’s Townhouse}
(Interactions - Kuro Nekomata / Lolory Lolory || Eriedeth Pip / DarkKitsune DarkKitsune )
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Along the snow-caked brick roads of Aruzan came a man in his mid-30's, the light clomping of his boots alongside the metallic *clinks*, *clicks* and *clacks* of the arrayed tools which sat snug on his belt being the focus of his hearing. His stature was that of 6'4, topped with a well kept patch of black hair which progressively gained more white spots from the snowflakes. Adjusting his collar, the man sighed lightly, pondering deep to himself as he looked down upon the inviting paper which he had stumbled upon and reading it to himself..

"Madame Oakwell of the Valeriana Manor personally invites you to a night in her Gardens.. Come during the.. 'Winter
Solstice', and commemorate yourself to a once in a lifetime grand opening for Aruzan's Only Valeria flower gardens.."

He scratched the back of his head, as this was the very first town he had stumbled upon since his awakening. If only that was it though.. Because on the other side was a conspiring invitation to the residence of someone named 'Aloe', who had a hunch that some kind of drug ring was behind the scenes.. Ugh.. And all that talk of the nobles.. He hadn't heard of that term in years.

"..May as well indulge.. Might get some answers off of this too.." He muttered to himself, stopping near a bench and looking around. There, he spotted the
aforementioned townhouse in Aloe's letter on the back, and it seemed there were 2 others present...?

Pierre stopped abruptly at the sight of the other two people present, both of which had.. Animal features? The 1st one seemed to have cat ears and a tail of sorts, and the other.. A squirrel. This only brought further confusion welling up in Pierre's head, which he shook off after a few seconds of incomprehensible overthinking on where the hell he was. Before long, he walked across the street and approached the duo, softly clearing his breath.

"..I suppose you two have also stumbled upon the letter,
Madame's?" He started off politely, looking down to Kuro and Eriedeth with a hint of curiosity.

Glacier

Glacier.gif

Character Sheet
Interactions: Kuro ( Lolory Lolory ), Eriedeth ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune ), Pierre ( Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo )

Glacier did not know why he had received the invitation; though he considered himself more of an associate of the Adventurer's Guild than a member, Glacier had been looking around one of their buildings when someone approached him to deliver a letter.

Thus, Glacier found himself walking through a street in a settlement called "Azuran". While he travelled, Glacier enjoyed the cold of a Winter night, and snow beneath his paws of ice; the calming temperature was a welcome respite from his recent adventures in more warm weather. It was also useful information to know that the Winter Solstice in this world was soon, as he didn't have much in the way of telling the date.

Turning a corner, Glacier spotted a grouping of three people in front of what must've been "Aloe's" house; it seemed that the letter wasn't solely for him, or else this was quite the coincidence. Approaching them, Glacier slightly bowed his head in greeting. "Greetings to you all... would you three also happen to have received a letter from this Aloe?" Glacier asked, his speech having notable intervals, before turning his head to Eriedeth. "Ah, hello once again... I recall that we have met before, in the defense of an Eastern Empire town, yes?"

Looking to the human, Glacier found the flag on the man's clothing quite familiar, but it remained just outside the grasp of his memory; perhaps he would inquire about that later, but there was a more important matter at hand for now.

Tornado Cyclone gets his invitation from a courier. After he reads it, he is quite interested in going to this location. So he takes the shortest route he can think of. After a super long travel time, he walks along the path that's leading to the residence. A few others have reached the area before him, but he never really likes being the first one to arrive anyhow. When he's close enough, he speaks this greeting to everyone gathered. "Howdy! How's everyone doing? I guess we all received the same letter. I am looking forward to solving this mystery with you all!" Little does Tornado know, he's being targeted by a group of assassins. This will be another mystery he'll have to figure out, and in order to fight them off he'll have to get a whole lot stronger than he is now. His current body feels weak, but that's probably because he reanimated in a dead soldier's body to begin with when he was summoned to this world.

Lucian whistled as the wagon pulled him down the street. He glanced at the invitation in his hand, frowning slightly.

"He was a drug dealer then?" Bill asked.

Lucian grunted, "I can't imagine why someone would be with this on the back, Bill."

He grunted, "But-"

"Adventurer, I suspect." Lucian shrugged. "Oh there it is."

"Says alone, don'et?"

Lucian nodded and hopped off at the corner. "I'll see you around Bill, I guess it's good if you wander a bit, get drunk, and all that." He handed Bill a few coins before sauntering down the block until he arrived to where a gaggle of different sorts were assembled.

He looked from each in turn, grunting. "Evening, all. If I didn't know better, this looks like the start to Clue." He shook his head, "I can't imagine how the invitation works. Do we hand it to the owner or just flash it maybe without showing the back? Or should we all not be talking too much before going in?"

Lucian shrugged, pulling a golden apple from his apple, taking a bite and munching on it while he waited.

The invitation itself had been a delightful mystery to the Zentox who had received it. The mere fact that someone in the Ryke had sought him out of all people was intriguing, but he was curious how they had found him amongst the many people of the kingdom. Perhaps his own fame was growing faster than he realized. These thoughts ran through the mind of the Advisor as he stepped down the street. For the evening he had chosen a dark blue traveling cloak that went well with the ebony tunic and trousers with his family crest stitched into the center of the tunic, a crimson mountain on a background of blue bordered by silver thread. At his hip was the dagger that was the symbol of office and it was mirrored on the other side by his satchel. While his stature was not particularly tall the hundred and five troops that accompanied him made a resounding sound as he marched down the street at the head of the column. The polished brass of the buttons of their uniforms was very apparent even in the hours after sunset, the metal a sharp contrast to the crisp black uniforms. They were rather reminiscent of victorian military uniforms and each was clearly studiously maintained. Discipline was evident as well as each man marched in step behind their leader.

Retili considered as he walked the merits of having a carriage. He was clearly moving up in the world as it was and walking at the head of one hundred men was both no longer necessary anyways. It wasn't like he couldn't find a carriage, horse, and driver, he simply hadn't yet. He wondered if it would cause in friction with the Baroness Regula Caelia if he were to begin riding around in a carriage. She certainly hadn't taken to enjoying the fruits of her office yet and he thought that perhaps it would be bad form for him to do so before her. Then again if he waited on her to take advantage of her office he could be waiting a long time. The Zentox pondered this question even as he stepped to the manor. At a word his men formed up outside the manor in a simple blocky formation nearby. Five of them however, the five pikes he favored as a personal guard, followed him as he walked closer to the house. The invitation had said no plus ones, but certainly a woman of such substance would understand that the Zentox would not arrive without his own personal guard in tow. Indeed they could hardly be counted as participants.

As he approached the manor he once again was reminded of his purpose here. He supposed if it was truly dastardly he could in fact just storm the place with his troops. Even a relatively well to do noble with a personal guard would have extreme difficulties dealing with one hundred troops with bayonet and rifle battering down their door, but he figured it would look bad at best if he failed to at least posit some sort of evidence first. Then again, he wondered if he truly should help bring down this noble. Even if they were making a drug to sell to the nobles so what? The nobles were inclined to their own proclivities, and if drugs were their vice who was Retili to stop them? But he could not resist the temptation of another potential power move. Perhaps the shifting of a small piece here could coury favor with the local lord which could have a rippling effect on his reputation.

As he approached Retili realized that he recognized the form of the ice fox. They had met before in at the shrine, but he had neglected to learn the creature's name then. The rest were strangers and as they were already in conversation as he arrived he waited to introduce himself. "I am Retili Loxinofican. It is a pleasure to meet you all." The words were delivered in a measured and professional tone. It was accompanied by a slight bow that was not mirrored by the stony faced soldiers behind him.

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare D, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Baron] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe C - Insight C, Perception C, Empathy C, Persuasion C - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing C - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion C, Empathy C, Perception D, Insight C, Business F - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility.

mentions: conman2163 conman2163 | gmimperfecti gmimperfecti | Darkbloom Darkbloom | Voider Voider | Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

Kuro turned to greet all of the newcomers who had joined her, her eyes blown wide at the grand display of 100 men silently marching down the quiet street. Just when I thought I was the only one to receive an invitation... "Nice to meet all of you! I'm Kuro Nekomata. I suppose we're all here for the same reason. Let's wait for our mystery letter sender to greet us." And as Kuro spoke those words, the curtains of the small townhome were ruffled aside as a blonde head of hair and cat ears peered out at the night time street.

"Oh dear!" A muffled voice came from inside, as the locks on the door were quickly undone. A woman dressed in black mournful attire with a veil to crown her head and two toirtoseshell spotted cat ears came to greet them all on her own porch. "I-I wasn't expecting my message to reach quite this number of people...But nonetheless, the help will be much appreciated." She opened the door wide for each guest to enter (except for the large militia that Mr.Retili had brought with him, she was sure he'd understand her small townhome could only squeeze in so many people at once) and once everyone was situated in the warm glow of the oil lamps in her home, she introduced herself. "My name is Aloe Veradana. You all have no idea who I am, but I need your help regardless. I sent those letters out to you personally after careful scoping of the Adventurer's Guild, and asked around about anyone who could potentially be of...assistance to me in this special operation."

Aloe.jpg

"What you ask is kind of hefty, don't you think? I mean, sneaking into a rich ladies party is one thing, but to find evidence of her wrongdoing? It sounds exciting! Count me in!" Kuro exclaimed, as she sat down on one of Aloe's nice plush sette's.

"I'm glad you find it so. I'll explain more of the details about this party that Madame Oakwell is throwing." Aloe took out the same invitation that she'd sent to all of the guests, and placed it on the small tea table before everyone. "Madame Oakwell is a very rich and well known figure amongst the nobles in Azuran. Her manor the Valeriana has the one and only Valerian flower bed in the whole nation. They're very small flowers, with white petals and a pink center. She's made a fortune off of just letting people come and visit them."

"Well what's so special about a bunch of flower beds?" Kuro asked.

Aloe went over to a shelf and picked up a vase of flowers that held a bouquet of Valeria. "Valeria is not just a pretty flower. It's also highly addictive. It can be made into a very powerful drug that let's you have incredibly vivid and real dreams. And it's effect vary from species to species! For other people, it's simply a way to soothe night terrors and to dream, but for us Catkin...It creates a feeling of fervor and energy like never before! It keeps you awake for nights at a time, and even makes you stronger. But too much of it, and it can stop your heart entirely."

A regretful look passed over Aloe's face as she set the vase back on it's shelf. "My dear husband was victim to Madame Oakwell's newest drug. The nobles are calling it 'Dreamlite', but since it's not been approved for casual use, they have to get it through blackmarket trades. And Oakwell is the biggest and only supplier. I want to send her behind bars where she belongs, to avenge my husband! But in order to do that, I obviously need proof. I can't do this alone, Oakwell is far too powerful, and she won't even associate with me since I've lost my status now that I'm widowed. That's where you all will come in, and help me with this endeavour!" Aloe smiled triumphantly as she retreived a map of the Valeriana Manor from a chest of drawers in the sitting area. It unfurled for all of the guests to study.

Red-Danger Zone.png

"Tomorrow night, Oakwell is throwing a massive party where she's invited many important nobles, including a Councelman named Lord Hyacinth. She plans on buttering up to him and trying to convince him to make Dreamlite a legal drug. We have to get to him first! And show him the dangers of Dreamlite before he can be convinced with her smooth talking ways." She explained to them. "I've spoken to him before, Lord Hyacinth is a man of good sense so it will be easy to convince him. But if we don't have adequate proof, then it will all be for naught."

• How to collect evidence​

• A player must enter one of the predetermined “evidence/clue” areas on the map and then investigate it. There will be a list of things for them to check out, and they have to decide whether or not they will take it as evidence or not. If they choose to leave it behind, another player can come behind them to try and collect left behind evidence, but each time a player enters or leaves a clue area, Mugwort and Highwater become more aware of suspicious activity around the Manor (so be careful~)​

Just getting random clues won’t solve the mystery all together, the players must collect evidence that connects to an earlier clue. If at the end of the game all of the clues don’t connect, then they will fail in their objective to convince Lord Hyacinth of Highwater’s wrong doing.

• Connections between evidence will be listed in bold in the story portion. It’ll be made REALLY obvious what the items connect to so that way nobody gets truly stuck.
    • Example: Insert character has found a Box of matches in the dining room. It seems a few of the candles have recently been lit. (Connect's to Location on the map) If you truly can't figure out what an item connects to, then I will just reveal it for everyone.)​

Everyone will win the game if they can at least get two items that connect to each other in some way.

Mugwort and Oakwell can catch players in the act of sneaking around. If you’re caught the first time, depending on who finds you, nothing truly bad will happen. But if you’re caught three times, Oakwell will know you’re trying to sneak around the Manor and lock you away in her basement! All characters trapped in the basement at the end of the game, regardless of whether or not you win or lose, will be set free.
  • Players can free other characters from the basement if they want, but that requires sneaking down there and getting back out without Mugwort or Oakwell knowing. There's also the option of breaking free if your character is capable of doing that.​

Once all players think they have collected enough evidence, then you must present your findings to Lord Hyacinth who is an NPC. Players can try and convince Hyacinth of Oakwell's wrong doing whenever they want (yes even if you don't have evidence at all lol).

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿

• mystery of the manor

"Nice to see you again!... Glacier?"

If Eriedeth remembered correctly, the ice fox's name was Glacier, though they hardly interacted if they did at all. Regardless, it was nice to see a familiar face in this huge...crowd of familiar faces.... What is Aloe throwing a party? Why is there an uncountable number of people here. With that being said, she turned to Kuro and Pierre said. Everyone seemed to be here for the same reason here regardless.

"Nice to meet you as well, Kuro and....you"

He hadn't introduced his name, but regardless, she finished the sentance to attempt to prevent awkwardness.

"I'm Eriedeth."

After going inside, Eriedeth quietly listened to Aloe intently, luckily the mass of people who were apparently with that Retili guy. Eriedeth did nothing but listen and ponder. She still didn't understand how Aloe got a hold of her name, but regardless, at this point, Eriedeth was going to help...'a drug bust, huh?' The letter had told her enough of it, but these details were also important. Eriedeth's specialty was machines. She was not a plant expert, she hadn't even heard of the Valerian flower. But it terrified her that it had turned into such a substance. After listening to the story, Eriedeth said,

"Count me in...this isn't the most bizarre thing I've done..."

Lucian, leaning casually against a nearby wall, observed the gathering with keen interest. His piercing blue eyes moved from the silent march of Mr. Retili's militia to the wide-eyed Kuro Nekomata, and finally to their hostess, Aloe Veradana. Her demeanor, a mix of anxiety and determination, piqued his curiosity.

As Aloe opened her door to the guests, Lucian smoothly made his way inside, his attire of silk and velvet making him stand out among the crowd. He offered Aloe a charming smile, his top hat slightly tipped in greeting. "Lucian Fortuna, at your service, Miss Veradana," he introduced himself, his voice a blend of warmth and confidence. "Your message was quite compelling. I'm eager to hear more about this operation you have in mind."

As he settled into the warm glow of the oil lamps, Lucian's gaze swept across the room, taking note of the other guests and their reactions. He positioned himself strategically, where he could observe everyone while engaging with Aloe.

"An operation that requires such a diverse group must be a fascinating one," Lucian remarked, maintaining a balance between charm and curiosity. "I'm particularly skilled in... let's say, unique problem-solving. How may I, and perhaps my new associates, be of service?"

While Lucian spoke, his mind was already racing, piecing together possible reasons for this gathering. He knew that in such situations, every detail mattered — the tone of Aloe's voice, the expressions of the other guests, the subtle dynamics playing out in the room. This was a game of information and strategy, and Lucian was ready to play his part.

Lucian listened intently to Aloe's tale, his expression a mix of intrigue and concern. The story of Madame Oakwell's illicit activities and the tragic impact of Dreamlite on Aloe's husband painted a clear picture of the stakes involved. He leaned forward, his blue eyes reflecting the seriousness of the situation.

"I must say, Madame Veradana, your story is both heartbreaking and alarming," Lucian spoke softly, his usual charm subdued by the gravity of Aloe's words. "Madame Oakwell's manipulation of Valeria into Dreamlite, and its effects, especially on your husband... it's a grievous injustice."

He straightened up, his eyes scanning the map of Valeriana Manor laid out before them. "Infiltrating the party and acquiring evidence against Madame Oakwell is a daring endeavor, but one that should be fun. A bit of a gamble, but I've got a few pieces at play already. I'm in."

Lucian's mind was already strategizing, considering the various approaches they could take. "We will need a meticulous plan to navigate this soirée undetected. Acquiring evidence without raising suspicion will require stealth, wit, and perhaps a bit of... theatrical flair." His lips curled into a half-smile, the wheels turning in his head.

"I can assume the guise of a rich do-nothing, blending in with the guests. My skills in observation and persuasion could prove useful in gathering information discreetly," Lucian suggested, his confidence in his abilities evident.

Turning to Kuro, he added, "Ms. Nekomata, your enthusiasm is commendable. We'll need all the help we can get."

Lucian's gaze then returned to Aloe. "Do we have any allies among the guests or staff at the party? Someone who could assist us from the inside?" he inquired, knowing that having someone on the inside could greatly increase their chances of success.

"As for Lord Hyacinth, securing an audience with him before Madame Oakwell does will be crucial. We must present the evidence in a compelling manner to sway his judgment against Dreamlite."

Lucian's demeanor was calm yet determined, his mind already formulating various scenarios and contingency plans. This mission was not only a chance to thwart a grave injustice but also an opportunity for Lucian to demonstrate his cunning and resourcefulness in a high-stakes game of deceit and strategy.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

Retili paused on the doorsteps of the house just as he was about to enter the home. He paused briefly then turned around and walked back down the steps. As interesting as the diversion had seemed he thought better of interfering in local politics. If this was not some other noble interfering, or at least not a slightly more powerful or on par of power noble interfering then he wanted no part in it. The blowback that might occur was too great of a risk to his own personal reputation to interfere in what was a drug ring affecting nobles primarily. Stepping back down the steps and considering once again his long hike here Retili considered renting a carriage as he walked down the street and left the area.

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare D, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Baron] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe C - Insight C, Perception C, Empathy C, Persuasion C - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing C - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion C, Empathy C, Perception D, Insight C, Business F - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility.

Glacier

Glacier.gif

Interactions: Eriedeth ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune ), Aloe ( Lolory Lolory )

"It is a pleasure to see you again as well... Ms. Eriedeth?" Glacier thought that was her name; they hadn't properly introduced each other before. "Do forgive me... if my recollection is incorrect."

As the home's door opened, Glacier turned his head to Aloe, tilting it slightly. As the group was invited in, he sat on his haunches, quietly but intently listening to Aloe's explanation. "I do not believe that I am... well suited to this operation," Glacier raised one of his forepaws, made solely of ice. "for... obvious, reasons." He let down the paw, his head and ears slightly lowering. "Nor am I currently capable... of what you would expect I should be."

He really shouldn't have been doing this; Glacier was far from inconspicuous, not to mention a quadruped, he'd still yet to harness his nature, and the only magic he was capable of was really only useful for combat. Yet, to just decline and walk away? Glacier couldn't bring himself to do it. "However, I will... do my best to assist."

Glacier wasn't sure how he'd fit into the plan being formed, so he remained silent as the man with a top hat spoke, but he would help all the same; at least the coldness of winter would hopefully keep himself calm.

Tornado listens to these interactions, trying to remember all the names. There's Aloe, the woman hiring us for this, Eriedeth, Kuro, guy in the top hat is Lucian, another guy who may have introduced himself but I forgot, and the ice fox very appropriately named Glacier. I may have missed one or two, but I'll get with them eventually. Overall, a good group. Now isn't the time for talking, the hostess is explaining everything. After she's explained everything, Tornado takes a contemplative posture. Looking around the room, he couldn't see how most of them might not make it into the event. Not everyone looked like, or even happened to be, a noble. If Ms. Aloe wasn't wanted due to her lowly status what chance would the rest of the group have? "Ahem, are we going to pretend to be nobles for the evening? For one, I haven't got a noble status. I don't mean to sound rude, not at all. Is there a part of the plan which will assist in a surefire entry to the event?"

Pierre ‘François’ Rothæl
IMG_0972.jpeg

[Location - Azuran {Aloe’s Townhouse}
(Interactions - Kuro Nekomata\ Aloe \ Lolory Lolory /Eriedeth Pip/ DarkKitsune DarkKitsune \ Tornado / Darkbloom Darkbloom \ Glacier / Voider Voider
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Be it known that aside from the mental overthinking that plagued François's mind upon seeing a talking wolf made of ice, or the sheer magnitude of someone else bringing a whole armada to the occasion, he felt.. Somehow calmer than he should be, which in context should probably be nonexistent. Given this, it resulted in a slightly delayed response to other people's introductions, but he managed to get his name out to the group.

"It's a pleasure to make
acquaintance with each of you, my name's François Rothæl. I'm rather new to this environment, but seeing as either circumstance or fate had led me here, I'll do my best to assist."

He nodded in acknowledgement to the Squirrel Girl, now known to him as Eriedeth, at her addressing, and then turned his head towards the words of the Feline who named herself Kuro. It was there that he had also spotted the supposed 'Aloe' from the meeting point's window, coming out in slight haste and having a surprised expression. He couldn't blame her, due to the once again mentioned armada brought by the individual named Retili.

Following the rest of the group inside to talk more on the matter, François listened with everyone else, but the mention of 'Sending out these letters after carefully scoping the Adventurer's Guild', François felt the need to tell the circumstances of his presence, but waited until the right time to say so, which was after Aloe's full explanation.

"Madame Aloe, I must bring it to your awareness that the letter I had come across had not been directly sent, but rather had been loosely found when I first entered this town. I'm not a part of this, 'adventurer's guild' that was mentioned, nor have I heard of it until then, but despite this, I will assist in your operation to the best of my ability. I have a bit of a knack for things mechanical, though I'm unsure if this Oakwell has features within her home that may involve pieces of engineering work. If there is, an opportunity for distraction could be plausible via staging a plumbing fault in either a bathroom or other appliances to avert unwanted attention from evidence gatherers.."

At Tornado's question, François looked back on Oakwell's portion of the invitation, reading it over again before answering for him.

"The Invitation states at the bottom that Commoners are welcome for attendance, though it may require to have the invite at hand when we arrive, Sir."

Mentions: Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Darkbloom Darkbloom Voider Voider gmimperfecti gmimperfecti DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

Aloe was grateful to hear just how excited the rest of the guests were about this operation, and she smiled at each of them in turn. "I'm glad you're all being of such great help! However, I'm afraid there is no inside help on the Manor...you will be doing it alone. But worry not! You do have me on the outside, so if there's anything you need at all, I will be sure to provide it to the best of my ability."

Kuro nodded, "It seems like it'd be difficult with a team like this...however, I'm already cooking up ideas for how we can get this operation in full swing!" She looked over to Glacier, the small arctic fox that had a peculiar ability to speak. "A manor that big is bound to have all sorts of secrets only someone as small as you can slip into. And you!" She pointed to Pierre, "I like your ideas already! Causing technical problems all over will no doubt give us time to investigate riskier places...Like Oakwell's personal office or bedroom! Yes, yes...it's all coming together now!"

"Madame Oakwell is a very smart alchemist, I'm certain there's some kind of lab in that manor, just hidden away. Finding the lab will be imperative to locking her away for good." Aloe said confidently. She cleared her throat then and walked over to a wardrobe in the room. "I-I said I would be able to assist you in however I could, and so I thought ahead! I've procured many different costumes just for this party! If you're not comfortable going as yourself, you can always create a false identity just to fool Madame Oakwell even more. Most of the people attending the Winter Solstice will be lords or nobles, but as the invitation suggested commoners are also welcome." She opened the wardrobe to reveal a vast closet full of different clothing fit for a typical Azuran noble out on the town. "However, being a commoner might restrict you from some of the more...finer parts of the Manor. Unless you sneak your way in to these parts of the manor, you won't find easy access without noble birth."

Aloe-Costume time!.jpg
Kuro looked at the wardrobe and thought for a moment. "I'll go as myself. I'm already on the path to becoming a Lord, and besides this could be my ticket to getting cozy with Azuran's richest socialites!" To her, the name Nekomata should forge an honest path towards greatness and not one laid with dishonesty due to a costume. "But if the other's want to, I'm sure they'll be happy to pick an outfit or two!"

Costume Time!
If your character isn't a noble, they have the option of choosing a costume from Aloe's closet! This costume can be anything of your own choosing, so be creative! Just be sure not to pick an identity that's too suspicious like "King of Azuran" or "Princess of the Elves". Likewise, you can pass on the opportunity to dress up, but this will make getting into certain areas of the manor a bit more difficult.

Last edited:
🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Lolory Lolory Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Darkbloom Darkbloom Voider Voider gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

• mystery of the manor

"Thank you, Mrs Veradana, but I don't think I could pass for a noble if I tried."

It was true, mainly because her best example of nobles' behavior was a gentry she had met back in the western empire who of which Eriedeth didn't get along with. But she could at least be relieved there seemed to be no need for combat in this situation, she had gotten lucky twice by somehow using her knowledge to do something. She hadn't yet learned combat, she'd been a bit busy.

"Though much like Pierre, I also work in the field of mechanics as a engineer."

She turned to ask Pierre.

"Would you want to work together to create distractions?"

Although Eriedeth was curious about where Pierre was from in order for him not to know what the adventurer's guild was--not that this bothered her. She wasn't part of it either, after all. But to her knowledge, the adventurer's guild were very widespread. She wondered if he wasn't from this world either. This made her wonder if he was from this world to begin with. If she was reborn, then others no doubt could be as well, could be as well, perhaps more abruptly? She didn't focus on that either. She tells Aloe.

"Though I'll probably take a dress to wear, if this is a celebration my current outfit would make me stick out like a sore thumb."

It was true, her current dress had contained most of its similarities to typical Ryke clothes, but she had also liked it for the vague similarities to Widersia, the place where she had been reborn and lived until the age of 12 before moving to Ryke. Despite that, though she wasn't a noble, the dress was far from anything that could make her blend in the crowd at the least. An idea randomly came to mind. She turned to Glacier.

"Glacier Although I've only seen you use them in combat, do you think you could use your miniature ice foxes to either aid in sneaking around? Perhaps they could also cause a distraction?"

He browses the outfits thoughtfully, thinking long and hard about each one and how they would all best look on him as a Marquess. "From my history studies, a marquess is in the middle of the nobility hierarchy. I think I could pull off the look, I just need to choose each and every piece of clothing with precision, liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike... that!" After Tornado has finished ruminating over all the possibilities, he believes he has a fantastic start on the makings of a marquess outfit, or at least what a marquess would wear to such a party. He hurries into the changing room, takes anywhere from five to ten minutes fine tuning everything down to the smallest detail, and steps out looking strikingly like a marquess.

In a splendid Marquess noble ensemble, a man bearing a notable resemblance to an iconic figure commands attention with regal and refined presence. The tailored attire, fashioned from opulent materials in deep earthy tones or royal blues, exudes sophistication while tastefully incorporating unique style elements. The doublet is a marvel of design, boasting a high collar and intricate gold or silver trim adorned with subtle symbols. Luxurious silk or velvet drapes gracefully, nodding to both noble elegance and a flowing aesthetic reminiscent of his origins.

Fitted trousers, featuring embroidered details along the sides, seamlessly complement the ensemble. A waistcoat, adorned with delicate beadwork and motifs, adds a touch of refinement, skillfully merging cultural inspiration with noble sophistication. Completing the ensemble are noble accessories — a finely crafted belt, gloves with intricate embroidery, and a silk ascot or cravat. Polished leather boots, both stylish and practical, round out the outfit. Subtle nods to his heritage are woven into the fabric, with motifs representing symbols of personal significance. As this doppelgänger dons the Marquess noble attire, he exudes the air of a dignified leader, embodying a transformative journey from carefree individuality to a noble figure. His striking resemblance to an iconic character is undeniable, adding an air of timeless charisma to his regal presence.

Glacier

Glacier.gif

Interactions: Francois ( Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo ), Eriedeth ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune )

Glacier gave a nod to Francois. "It is a pleasure to meet you... Mr. Rothæl." "Francois Rothæl", though he'd surely never met this man before, the name itself seemed like something he should somehow recognize. Plus, with the familiar looking flag... a certain culture? No, not just that... a nation? Glacier felt there was a connection to his old memories, but that would mean...

He was snapped out of contemplation as Eriedeth addressed him. "They could do so... though a howl is required to summon them." Glacier responded to her after a couple seconds pause, his head titled to the side. His head tilting back, Glacier finished his thought. "I shall use them... sparingly, but especially if the operation begins to falter."

As Aloe gave them the opportunity to disguise themselves, Glacier contemplated how any outfit would help him. He was bound to look very out of place, no matter what he wore. Glacier didn't like the thought of being a center of attention, nor having his presence questioned. Sneaking around would be his best bet, as Kuro had suggested, but that'd also put more attention on him if he was caught.

However, this train of thought suddenly gave him an idea.

If he was going to look out of place regardless, then he'd might as well lean into it, right? If Glacier could confuse the nobles to the point of bewilderment, then that could work to his advantage, and allow him to slip by more easily.

So, Glacier entered the wardrobe, in search of a particular article of clothing...

Elegant Glacier

Top Hat.png

It took quite a bit of finagling, but Glacier finally stepped out of the wardrobe, with a single but very obvious difference. "I believe that bafflement... may be a valuable weapon, combined with stealth and speed." He stated, justifying his choice of taking a top hat; though Glacier couldn't stop his tail from definitely only slightly swishing back and forth.

Lucian observed the wardrobe with a discerning eye. The array of costumes was impressive, but he had something particular in mind to blend into the Winter Solstice party seamlessly. He turned to Aloe with a smile. "Your foresight is commendable, Madame Veradana. However, I have a certain... flair for fashion that I prefer to maintain."

He stepped aside, focusing his mind and whispering a quiet incantation. A shimmering portal opened beside him, revealing a glimpse into a lavish room. From this pocket dimension emerged Cedric, Lucian's impeccably dressed butler.

"Cedric, my good man, it's time we prepare for a noble charade. We need attire that screams wealth and taste but doesn't attract undue attention. Something befitting a lord of leisure and gambling," Lucian instructed, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

Cedric bowed slightly, "Right away, Master Lucian. I believe I have just the ensemble in mind." He disappeared back into the portal, only to reemerge moments later with a selection of garments.

The outfit was a masterful blend of elegance and subtlety - a deep emerald velvet jacket paired with a black silk shirt, adorned with intricate but understated gold embroidery. The ensemble was completed with tailored black trousers and polished leather boots. Accessories included a tasteful signet ring and a pocket watch, adding an air of aristocracy.

Lucian examined the outfit with approval. "Perfect, Cedric. This will allow me to blend in among the nobles while retaining my unique charm." He quickly changed into the costume, each piece fitting him as if it were made for this very occasion.

Once dressed, Lucian turned to the group, his transformation into a convincing noble complete. "I believe this should suffice. As a lord, I'll have better access to the manor's restricted areas if warrented; however, the better part of any illusion is in misdirection. To gather the necessary evidence, we will need to distract as much as find."

He then addressed Kuro, "Ms. Nekomata, your decision to use your burgeoning status is wise. We can cover more ground and gather more information with varied approaches. And as for the rest of you," Lucian's gaze swept across the group, "Well done choosing your disguises wisely. Tonight, we play a game of masks and shadows."

With a final nod to Aloe, Lucian prepared to embark on the mission, his mind already plotting moves and countermoves in the intricate dance of espionage they were about to undertake.

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿

• mystery of the manor

Eriedeth nodded at the ice fox's words. That was reasonable. She also wondered if she would one day be capable of calling forth her own companions, but that day wasn't today. After Glacier and Lucian had taken their chances to snoop through Mrs. Veradana's closet. She had walked into it looking through the dresses. Her main goal wasn't to act as a noble, but instead to make herself blend in. It seems that Aloe was no short on clothing items, fancy ones at that. She found a red and pink silk dress that had a vague imagery of butterflies on the outer skirt of it. Believing that it would do. She closed the closet door and changed into it. When she opened it back up she held her goggles in her hands. It had felt weird not wearing them, but it was only a night.

"I think this should do to allow me to blend in."

She muttered, though the dress felt weird. Definitely not what the squirrel beast was used to wearing.

(Azuran| Night| Winter | Valeriana Manor: The Foyer room)
Mentions: Darkbloom Darkbloom DarkKitsune DarkKitsune gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Voider Voider

Aloe clapped her hands at their great costume choices. "You all look perfect! You'll definitely be able to fit in at the party." She said. She went into her own closet and took out a few pieces of clothing before rushing into her bedroom. When she returned, she too was in a disguise. Though her's was that of a coachman, she was no longer a noble lady in mourning, but a coachman waiting for a carriage!
1703976897338.png

Kuro had to admit that even with the limited options, the rest of the group had certainly showed out. Though she hadn't expected for Lucian to summon a portal to his own quarters (with a personal butler to boot!) "When I become a Lord, I'll also have a portal to my closet and a butler to dress me whenever I want!" She announced. "But that can wait until after this party. When is it happening, Miss Veradana?"
Aloe looked sheepishly at the rest of the group and chuckled, "Uh...Tonight? In fact, the gates have been opened for awhile now. I have also prepared an unmarked carriage, so it'll look as if you caught a service of some kind to get there." She explained to them. "That way, it won't be so suspicious when you arrive as a group!"
"Smart thinking! Then let's get going, I'm ready to live it up at this Winter Solstice party. Of course, I know we'll be there for other means...but it's not every day you get a free invite to a noble's house." As Kuro stood up, she went over to the window by the front door, and waiting outside was the very unmarked carriage that Aloe had mentioned. It's white exterior wasn't quite as refined as some of the other carriages she'd seen noble's in Azuran own, but Kuro assumed that was just because of Aloe's limited budget as a widow.

1703975957740.png

Everyone hurried into the carriage, and Aloe herself got in the front where the driver normally would sit. "I uh...spent most of my budget on a reward and those invites for you. So the only one drawing this carriage is myself!" She said. "But don't worry! I've had lots of practice!" The others had a very quiet (but bumpy) ride to the Valeriana Manor. When they arrived at the gates, a bunch of other carriages with nobles had came onto the scene at the exact same time. The atmosphere was lively and full of fervor as lords and ladies helped each other out of very fancy looking carriages. Aloe hopped down, and immediately opened the door for the others. "Hurry in now! The festivities are about to begin it seems, which means soon you'll have to get to work. I will return this carriage once you leave, but if there's anything you need at all, come to the gates and I shall be able to speak with you." Once everyone had exited the carriage, all that awaited was the gates of the Valeriana.

Inside, which is where the main festivities were being held at the moment, a large glistening foyer room welcomed them with a spiral stair case, many flowers seemingly picked from the garden, and plenty of plush seats to sit and converse.

1703977130628.png
And standing in the middle of a small gathering of laughing and happy nobles was none other than Madame Oakwell herself. She was dressed to perfection for this party and held a sparkling champaign glass filled to the brim as she hosted the party. A live stringtet band was situated in the corner, and it seemed they had arrived right on time. Among the noble's that were cavorting with Madame Oakwell was Lord Hyacinth himself. Even though his time in the military was long over, he was still dressed in the same army regalia as always, with his medals and pins on display for all to see.
Madame Oakwell tapped a fork against her glass and the music and chatter quieted. "Welcome to the Valeriana Manor! I'm so honored so many fine lords and ladies were able to attend. And being as charitable as I am, I've even allowed a few of the commonwealth to enjoy this evening with this as well!" Of course if one were to look around, which Kuro did, they would notice there were no common folk around. Only the richest in Azuran had attended tonight in this foyer.

Madame Oakwell.jpg
"The commoners must be somewhere else then..." She whispered to the others. Madame Oakwell continued.
"I've prepared my own gardens for the perfect Winter feast. Anyone wanting refreshments can head there, and if you'd like you can even gaze upon my Valeria bushes! Just be certain not to trample in them, Mugwort get's a teensey bit upset when he has to trim and fix them." She smiled amicably, but that seemed more like a warning than a little advice. "There's also a smoke room for more casual party goers, and a library full of my personal collection. Feel free to browse if you'd like."
Kuro remembered the map that Aloe had shown them all in her home, the layout was simple but now that they were inside of the Valeriana it became clear that this Manor was huge. Madame Oakwell returned to a seat with Lord Hyacinth and a few other nobles, and they seemed to chat then, the speech was over.

"Okay great, we're in now. This place is huge. I suggest we split up and search for clues in different areas. Cover more ground that way..." Kuro said to the others. "I'm headed for her office, the most dangerous place hehe...You all decide where you're headed and then we'll take off. We can gather in the front of the Manor by the gates to discuss what we've found."

As the group began to discuss where they were going to part ways, two maids by the entrance of the foyer room were seen gossiping idly. Kuro hadn't noticed them, but they were the only "common folk" around so far. They seemed to keep a keen eye on Madame Oakwell's every move, most likely in case she called on them for anything. Talking to them could prove useful for finding Madame Oakwell if she ever wandered off during the party.

The Foyer.jpg

Rules of the Game!:

• How to collect evidence​

• A player must enter one of the predetermined “evidence/clue” areas on the map and then investigate it. There will be a list of things for them to check out, and they have to decide whether or not they will take it as evidence or not. If they choose to leave it behind, another player can come behind them to try and collect left behind evidence, but each time a player enters a leaves a clue area, Mugwort and Highwater become more aware of suspicious activity around the Manor (so be careful~)

• Just getting random clues won’t solve the mystery all together, the players must collect evidence that connects to an earlier clue. If at the end of the game all of the clues don’t connect, then they will fail in their objective to convince Lord Hyacinth of Highwater’s wrong doing.

• (Connections between evidence will be listed in bold in the story portion. It’ll be made REALLY obvious what the items connect to so that way nobody gets truly stuck lol)

• Everyone will win the game if they can at least get two items that connect to each other in some way.

• Mugwort and Oakwell can catch players in the act of sneaking around. You’re caught the first time, depending on who finds you, nothing truly bad will happen. But if you’re caught three times, Oakwell will know you’re trying to sneak around the Manor and lock you away in her basement! All characters trapped in the basement at the end of the game, regardless of whether or not you win or lose, will be set free.
    • Players can free other characters from the basement if they want, but that requires sneaking down there and getting back out without Mugwort or Oakwell knowing.

Map of the Manor
1703978418042.png

Aloe clapped her hands at their great costume choices. "You all look perfect! You'll definitely be able to fit in at the party." She said. She went into her own closet and took out a few pieces of clothing before rushing into her bedroom. When she returned, she too was in a disguise. Though her's was that of a coachman, she was no longer a noble lady in mourning, but a coachman waiting for a carriage!
1703976897338.png

Kuro had to admit that even with the limited options, the rest of the group had certainly showed out. Though she hadn't expected for Lucian to summon a portal to his own quarters (with a personal butler to boot!) "When I become a Lord, I'll also have a portal to my closet and a butler to dress me whenever I want!" She announced. "But that can wait until after this party. When is it happening, Miss Veradana?"
Aloe looked sheepishly at the rest of the group and chuckled, "Uh...Tonight? In fact, the gates have been opened for awhile now. I have also prepared an unmarked carriage, so it'll look as if you caught a service of some kind to get there." She explained to them. "That way, it won't be so suspicious when you arrive as a group!"
"Smart thinking! Then let's get going, I'm ready to live it up at this Winter Solstice party. Of course, I know we'll be there for other means...but it's not every day you get a free invite to a noble's house." As Kuro stood up, she went over to the window by the front door, and waiting outside was the very unmarked carriage that Aloe had mentioned. It's white exterior wasn't quite as refined as some of the other carriages she'd seen noble's in Azuran own, but Kuro assumed that was just because of Aloe's limited budget as a widow.

1703975957740.png

Everyone hurried into the carriage, and Aloe herself got in the front where the driver normally would sit. "I uh...spent most of my budget on a reward and those invites for you. So the only one drawing this carriage is myself!" She said. "But don't worry! I've had lots of practice!" The others had a very quiet (but bumpy) ride to the Valeriana Manor. When they arrived at the gates, a bunch of other carriages with nobles had came onto the scene at the exact same time. The atmosphere was lively and full of fervor as lords and ladies helped each other out of very fancy looking carriages. Aloe hopped down, and immediately opened the door for the others. "Hurry in now! The festivities are about to begin it seems, which means soon you'll have to get to work. I will return this carriage once you leave, but if there's anything you need at all, come to the gates and I shall be able to speak with you." Once everyone had exited the carriage, all that awaited was the gates of the Valeriana.

Inside, which is where the main festivities were being held at the moment, a large glistening foyer room welcomed them with a spiral stair case, many flowers seemingly picked from the garden, and plenty of plush seats to sit and converse.

1703977130628.png
And standing in the middle of a small gathering of laughing and happy nobles was none other than Madame Oakwell herself. She was dressed to perfection for this party and held a sparkling champaign glass filled to the brim as she hosted the party. A live stringtet band was situated in the corner, and it seemed they had arrived right on time. Among the noble's that were cavorting with Madame Oakwell was Lord Hyacinth himself. Even though his time in the military was long over, he was still dressed in the same army regalia as always, with his medals and pins on display for all to see.
Madame Oakwell tapped a fork against her glass and the music and chatter quieted. "Welcome to the Valeriana Manor! I'm so honored so many fine lords and ladies were able to attend. And being as charitable as I am, I've even allowed a few of the commonwealth to enjoy this evening with this as well!" Of course if one were to look around, which Kuro did, they would notice there were no common folk around. Only the richest in Azuran had attended tonight in this foyer.

Madame Oakwell.jpg
"The commoners must be somewhere else then..." She whispered to the others. Madame Oakwell continued.
"I've prepared my own gardens for the perfect Winter feast. Anyone wanting refreshments can head there, and if you'd like you can even gaze upon my Valeria bushes! Just be certain not to trample in them, Mugwort get's a teensey bit upset when he has to trim and fix them." She smiled amicably, but that seemed more like a warning than a little advice. "There's also a smoke room for more casual party goers, and a library full of my personal collection. Feel free to browse if you'd like."
Kuro remembered the map that Aloe had shown them all in her home, the layout was simple but now that they were inside of the Valeriana it became clear that this Manor was huge. Madame Oakwell returned to a seat with Lord Hyacinth and a few other nobles, and they seemed to chat then, the speech was over.

"Okay great, we're in now. This place is huge. I suggest we split up and search for clues in different areas. Cover more ground that way..." Kuro said to the others. "I'm headed for her office, the most dangerous place hehe...You all decide where you're headed and then we'll take off. We can gather in the front of the Manor by the gates to discuss what we've found."

As the group began to discuss where they were going to part ways, two maids by the entrance of the foyer room were seen gossiping idly. Kuro hadn't noticed them, but they were the only "common folk" around so far. They seemed to keep a keen eye on Madame Oakwell's every move, most likely in case she called on them for anything. Talking to them could prove useful for finding Madame Oakwell if she ever wandered off during the party.

1703978418042.png

Attachments

• 1703976118759.png
    1703976118759.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • valeriana manor floorplans.png
    valeriana manor floorplans.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Lolory Lolory Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Darkbloom Darkbloom Voider Voider gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

• mystery of the manor

The ride was a bit bumpy. But the party had made it to Oakwell's house. Walking inside, it took a few moments for Eriedeth's eyes to adapt. The contrast of the dark night sky versus the lit up inside covered with different shades of gold and white was a bit harsh on the eyes, especially with the fancy lighting. She listened as the nobles spoke, taking not everything she might need to know during this...celebration...and 'investigation'. Eriedeth did, however, side eye Kuro as she mentioned quietly how the commoners must be somewhere else. They were commoners though, then again she did hear Kuro talking about becoming a noble back at Mrs.Veradana's place. As Kuro proclaimed quietly to the rest of the group about her intent to sneak into Oakwell's house. While Eriedeth knew there wasn't much to stop the catkin. Eriedeth nodded to Kuro's plan, and explained what she intended to do.

"I'll go to the smoking balcony to see if there isn't anyone I can't speak with. I might try to worm my way into the green house even."

Her voice was quiet, all so the nobles couldn't overhear. As she spoke she kept on patting her paws against the skirt of the dress. Fancy clothing felt weird. She was used to wearing dresses that weren't silky nor puffy to the degree of this one. Not to mention the dress was brighter than she'd preferred, but at least she would blend in.

"If anyone wants to come with me now's the time to say it."

Last edited:

Glacier

Glacier had some difficulty entering the carriage, and the subsequent ride wasn't exactly smooth, but they arrived at the manor soon enough. As the group entered, Glacier couldn't help but be impressed by the quite beautiful architecture of the room, as well as the pleasant music. Though his attention was quickly brought to the two subjects of their mission: Oakwell & Hyacinth. Glacier patiently listened to the speech, though his curiosity was piqued by this "Mugwort".

When the others planned their moves, Glacier contemplated his own course of action; though he immediately knew that the greenhouse was not where he wanted to be, so he decided not to join Eriedeth. "The flowerbeds is where I shall be... enjoying the cold, winter night weather." Glacier chimed in after a moment, the reasoning both a cover for anyone overhearing, and the outright truth. "I wish you all luck... in your endeavors." With that, Glacier made his way outside of the building, and towards the flowerbeds.

Lucian turned to Kuro with a twinkle in his eye, his charming smile widening. "Ah, Ms. Nekomata, ambition suits you well," he remarked, his voice carrying a playful tone. "A portal to one's wardrobe is a luxury that no one should have to go without." With a flourish of one hand, Lucian materialized a jeweled bracelet to complement Kuro's outfit. "A small gift, although you need no help pulling off that outfit."

He adjusted his jacket with a flourish, the velvet catching the light just so. "As for the party, I'm sure Madame Veradana will inform us of the perfect moment to make our grand entrance. Timing, after all, is everything. Whether it's making a dramatic appearance at a soiree or placing the winning bet at the gambling table."

His eyes sparkled with a hint of mischief. "Tonight, we shall not only attend a party but also play a high-stakes game where the prize is justice itself. And I must say, I do relish the thought of outwitting Madame Oakwell at her own game."

Lucian's demeanor exuded confidence and excitement, his presence commanding yet approachable, a testament to his charismatic and flamboyant nature. He was ready to take on the challenges of the evening, turning every obstacle into an opportunity to showcase his shrewdness and cunning.

The comment at first caught him off guard. It was like sharing a taxi back home, in his other life. He was tempted to let that other life creep into the conversation.

Lucian listened to Aloe's plan, his expression reflecting approval. "A wise precaution, Madame Veradana," he commended. "An unmarked Lyft is the perfect ruse for our arrival. It provides the necessary anonymity while still allowing us the guise of casual guests."

He rose gracefully, his eyes momentarily meeting Kuro's with an understanding nod. "Indeed, Ms. Nekomata, this is an opportunity not to be missed. The Winter Solstice party at Valeriana Manor will be a spectacle of Azuran nobility, and we shall be right in the midst of it. A perfect setting for both pleasure and intrigue."

As Kuro inspected the carriage from the window, Lucian joined her side, gazing out with a contemplative look. "Appearances can be deceiving, can't they? A modest carriage for a night of opulent deceit." His voice held a hint of amusement. "Tonight we are actors on a grand stage. Every gesture, every word, must be part of our masquerade. Not unlike how most rich act on a daily basis."

With a final check of his attire and a confident stride, Lucian allowed the lady's to board the carriage force before waltzing behind them. His mind was already calculating the potential challenges and dynamics they would encounter, his shrewd and cunning nature fully engaged for the task ahead.

Everyone hurried into the carriage, and Aloe herself got in the front where the driver normally would sit. "I uh...spent most of my budget on a reward and those invites for you. So the only one drawing this carriage is myself!" She said. "But don't worry! I've had lots of practice!"

Lucian opened his mouth as Aloe made herself into a coach person. Bill could have done the job quite well, but he shrugged. He'd played a similar ruse recently, and he wouldn't be so crass as to call her out on it.

"I have no doubt you exceed at all your pursuits," He said with a cheer. He watched Aloe contemplatively, wondering if perhaps she would be open to entering his own employee on a more permanent basis. Something to explore when this masquerade was over.

As Lucian stepped out of the carriage, his eyes immediately sought out the key figures in the crowd. He adjusted the cuff of his jacket, a subtle gesture to center himself in this new stage of opulence and intrigue.

Surveying the scene, he whispered to his companions, "There she is, Madame Oakwell, the puppeteer of this grand masquerade. And Lord Hyacinth, our key to unraveling her strings." His voice was low but carried the weight of his determination.

With a confident gait, Lucian approached the gathering of nobles. His charm radiated effortlessly, his presence seamlessly blending with the elite crowd. He navigated through the guests, a smile here, a nod there, his demeanor both engaging and unobtrusive.

As he drew nearer to Madame Oakwell and Lord Hyacinth, Lucian's keen observational skills came into play. He carefully noted their mannerisms, the dynamics of their interaction, seeking any clue that might aid their mission.

"Madame Oakwell," Lucian greeted her with a respectful bow, his voice warm yet measured. "Your reputation as a gracious host precedes you. This celebration is a true testament to your exquisite taste." His compliment was genuine yet strategic, a ploy to gauge her response.

Turning to Lord Hyacinth, Lucian continued, "And Lord Hyacinth, reading of your campaigns was master class in military strategy. I wonder if I might engage you in a game or a smoke later in the evening?" He gestured subtly to the medals, acknowledging the Lord's military past, a move designed to build rapport. "Ah, but I having meet Madame Oakwell, I see how impossible it would be to tear you away from her company."

Lucian's every word and gesture were calculated, part of the intricate dance of social maneuvering. He knew that to expose Madame Oakwell's nefarious dealings, they needed to play their parts flawlessly, laying the groundwork for uncovering the truth behind Dreamlite.

He gave a little bow, departing their company and wandering about the central lobby meeting and greeting random people as a social butterfly might. Finally, he made his way back casually to the group he'd come with.

Lucian rejoined the group, his expression a mix of focus and subtle excitement. He arched his eyebrow, was it indeed the best choice to wander off separately or to pair off so they could distract attention and play off each other? Lucian leaned towards the latter. "Dividing our efforts can be a prudent strategy. This manor holds many secrets, and we must be thorough yet discreet in uncovering them. However," he flashed a hand while moving his other hand, "Often it's best to pair so one hand may distract while the other performs the trick."

He glanced around, taking in the layout of the manor and the positioning of the guests and staff. "I'll make my way to the ballroom and the adjoining smoking parlor. High-profile areas like these are often ripe with overheard conversations and unguarded remarks. Plus, it allows me to keep an eye on Madame Oakwell and Lord Hyacinth. Understanding their dynamics could prove crucial."

Lucian then addressed the others with a confident and commanding tone. "If anyone finds themselves in a precarious situation, use coded phrases to signal for assistance. Let's say, 'What a lovely evening for a stroll in the gardens,' as an indication of needing help."

"I'll go to the smoking balcony to see if there isn't anyone I can't speak with. I might try to worm my way into the green house even."

Her voice was quiet, all so the nobles couldn't overhear. As she spoke she kept on patting her paws against the skirt of the dress. Fancy clothing felt weird. She was used to wearing dresses that weren't silky nor puffy to the degree of this one. Not to mention the dress was brighter than she'd preferred, but at least she would blend in.

"If anyone wants to come with me now's the time to say it."

"Ah, it would be a delight to join you. Let's waltz through the ballroom and make our way to the smoking balcony. I have quite a few tobaccos I'd like to try out. Perhaps Madame has a few more exotic ones to sample as well."

Last edited:
Tornado exits the carriage with the grace and poise of a marquess. He scans the crowd outside the house. It was interesting how everyone arrived at once, but unlike commoners, the nobles have no problem shuffling into the building with ease and efficiency. The first thing he will do is talk to those very obviously gossiping maids. Those are the people who see and hear just about everything that goes on in noble life. When Madame Oakwell concludes her opening welcome, Tornado makes his way casually but surely to the corner where the maids are. Every so often he stops one of the staff to make it look like he's having a good time enjoying the food and drinks, which is actually true. Madame Oakwell spared no expense tonight, it was on display literally everywhere. A few minutes later he arrives in front of the maids, giving his best impression of a regal marquess smile. "Good evening ladies. I couldn't help but notice you two from across the room. Do you have a few minutes to spare to talk to a humble marquess?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back