• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Finished [Isekai Hell] Marketplace RP- Rowan and Zolgen Commit Fraud (Part 1- The Meeting)

slifer37

This is part 1 of 4 of a marketplace RP between TheTimePiece TheTimePiece and slifer37 slifer37 which will have Rowan and Zolgen meet,
Rowan will give Zolgen Eastern Fugitive Grade C and in return she will receive a [Contact] with Zolgen to be RP’ed out. Preferably something where they are left on extremely good terms, even to the point of being friends.

Part 1

Rowan Thorn

It was a dark and stormy day, with cold raindrops soaking everything around. The tavern was dingy, but it was a warm place with surprisingly good food even though the outside looked dilapidated- one of the nicer establishments on the border of the Eastern Empire. The air was generally light, but there was an atmosphere of wariness, as if something could go wrong at any moment.
Tavern.jpeg

A figure sat by themselves in a corner, her back facing the wall. The hood was up on their cloak, obscuring their face. If someone were to get close to her, they would see a blond woman, her hair cut short, with golden eyes casually watching the exits to make sure no one would sneak up on her. She was nursing a watered down ale, the plate of food already eaten, taking the time to rest after a job well done. To pay for general expenses, she liked to take general bodyguard work, generally for a small group who needed a little extra kick to their forces, who wouldn't need to focus so much on straight protection.
rowan.jpg

IF she was caught here using her magic, she would have to run, fighting her way out so she could disappear. It was dangerous, being so close to the Eastern Empire, after their disastrous attempt to stop the evil machinations of the Eastern Empire. She was a fugitive, one of four with a surprisingly high level of notoriety in the whole Empire. Even to this day, she hated that her attempt at doing good had gone so wrong.

Though, unlike the others, she had a barrier up for almost the whole mission. The general of the empire had seen their faces- well, Aria, Regula, and Finn's faces- but she had been constantly using barrier magic to obscure her features, her barriers stretching far out, which would generally conceal her size and shape. Technically, she hadn't been that close to the general, as she had been slower than the others, her magic compensating in range for her speed deficiency. That, and the fact that the whole forest had been on fire, meant that her identity was mostly safe- as long as she didn't use barrier magic. Though, she could change it's color, that information was on a need-to-know basis- as she generally liked the color of her barriers. The purply-pink look was her signature. But if she had to, she could make it look like something else- a secret she kept close to her chest.

The question was this- how could she get rid of the fugitive title? She loved her freedom, and wanted to wander throughout with impunity. She had started out her career in Ryken's Underbelly, and wanted to continue going wherever her heart wanted. Though she wouldn't go to the Eastern Empire anytime soon, she wanted the option to be able to go there, to not have to hide her magic for fear of being hunted because of how much notoriety she had. She was smart- using magic was complex and needed smarts to accomplish, especially to how specific her casting was, but this was a dilemma that she couldn't just make disappear. It would take more effort than just that.

Attachments

• Tavern.jpeg
    Tavern.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 0
  • rowan.jpg
    rowan.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0
Zolgen
1196110200-1-1-1.png
Who knew how the tall demon man had ended up around these parts but he had. His monstrous quest to destroy those who stood in the way of monster kind brought him here for one reason or another. He had opted to leave his goblins a distance this time around since they would prove to be difficult to conceal with his current resources. and stealth had no doubt been vital to him getting in through the border and the outskirts, as far as he had which had probably taken quite a bit of effort.

With how it was dark and stormy out, as Zolgen moved along solitarily outside, he took notice of the Tavern building in the distance. Perhaps it was something he could raze? Granted he didn't know how many adventurers or combat experienced people there were from within, so that might change his plans quickly, on the plus side he might get to fight someone worthy, which wasn't bad in his mind by any means.

He approached the tavern door, and opened it up casually, before walking in like just any other customer like. He wondered how quickly it'd take for someone to catch on what he was if he acted naturally. Maybe instead they'd mistake him for some kind of strange looking Fae. Zolgen gazed around the room looking to see if anyone dared to try to attack him, or perhaps they'd mistake him for a non monster. Irrespectively the normal offerings weren't exactly as exciting in his current body as they would have been in his last as far as regular food and drink went, he had taken a liking to eating the flesh of the living, and using their blood as a beverage, nevertheless if need be he could eat and drink more traditional things even if it felt beneath his new body.

Once thing that he noticed which was curious, as he got closer to the curious figure was that it was some woman who for whatever reason looked kind of shady with her body language and what she was doing currently. Zolgen unlike many others actually liked the look of that, perhaps it was someone up to no good. If he could get close enough, Zolgen would use his D grade appraisal which ideally would reveal the fact that Rowan had the criminal title, but that of course was up to the narrator to decide.

slifer37 slifer37

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg
When Zolgen used [Appraisal D] on Rowan, words would appear in front of him, revealing information about the woman in front of him.

Rowan Thorn
D Grade Character
Titles: Human, Glyde's Crested: Bronze, Gallant Keeper, Ryken Student, Eastern Fugitive C, See Inquisitor, Singularity Known
Uses Barrier-based Magic
Looking to get Rid of Eastern Fugitive C title- Open for negotiating
With that information, Zolgen would be able to surmise what was going on with Rowan- why she looked so shady in comparison, why she was sitting where she was, as well as get a grasp of some of her illustrious career from when she started out on her own, in comparison to now. Any specific details would need a conversion- one that Zolgen would need to start- as even Zolgen would see that she didn't look open to sharing much, especially in this place filled with not-so-seemly types that made her look angelic in comparison.

Rowan would spot the creature coming in. What it was- whether a demon or a particularly horrific looking variety of fae, she would not know. She clocked the fact that the creature came in, but was mostly pretending to not notice it, considering she wasn't here to fight. She had been in the bodyguarding business for too long though, and the creature looked like a threat. To be fair, it looked like a classical threat, but she wasn't here to fight, just to stay on her guard in case anything were to happen. Sure, she was strong, but running away again was always a pain. She had no reason to suspect that the creature wanted anything to do with her.
TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Last edited:
Zolgen
1196110200-1-1-1.png
Zolgen was pleasantly surprised with just how much information he was receiving from his appraisal skill. Looked like the god of this world was throwing him a bone given his otherwise more difficult circumstances to see information like this. Looking to get rid of such a title like that..while to the other races that title might be a hinderance to a monster like Zolgen, getting more titles like that was like a badge of honor, to show other monsters why they should fall in line and submit to your power. It made Zolgen incredibly curious what this young woman was capable of, or more accurately what she had done in the Empire to get a title like that.
Better yet she was open to negotiating, if only his appraisal skill showed opportunities like this more often.

Since no one else was taking much notice of him, perhaps because many of them were also suspect as mentioned..was this a place where criminals in general gathered? If this was the case Zolgen would need to commit it to memory should he come back. A criminal might the sort who might be willing to work with even monsters.. despite Zolgen's less than conventional appearance, the seemingly eyeless demon felt inspired to act more freely, as he looked down at Rowan, before he slumped down a bit so that he was more accessible to her height where she sat.

Thankfully for her he was capable of speaking common, which he spoke more softly than usual, "So..what did you do exactly to get something like that?" He asked with a bit of a chuckle.

"I think you know exactly what I'm talking about..cause no offense but based on the rest of your profile you don't really strike me as the normal type who would do something to earn that."
If anything he was most interested in Rowan now.

slifer37 slifer37

Attachments

• 1196110200-1-1-1.png
    1196110200-1-1-1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Rowan Thorn
IMG_0007.png

(The IPad is being weird with photos, so this is Gigamax Rowan)
Rowan watched the demonic creature come closer and closer…shit, they were coming towards her. She fought to not have a reaction to a random being just walking up to her in the shady establishment, who proceeded to speak to her. He mentioned a profile- which meant this creature had looked into her using magic.

Rowan stiffened at his surprising frankness, just coming up out of nowhere to talk to her. To his words, she looked around, trying to see if anyone noticed the creature’s words to her. At least it was veiled enough, that his words could be interpreted many different ways. She didn’t think that anyone heard, but it was better leave rather than stay here.

“Come. I have a room upstairs. We can talk more freely. This is not the place to start speaking one’s mind.” Rowan spoke in as calm and professional manner as she could, figuring that it was easier to talk upstairs, in her rented room, rather than down here, where she would have to pick her words carefully.

Rowan expected the creature to follow her, considering they took the time to speak to her in a relatively civil manner. She would take what she presumed was a male from the gruffness of his voice to the room she had rented, a reasonably priced single room with a small desk and two chairs, next to a surprisingly comfortable single bed. Zolgen would notice a certain hardiness to Rowan, as she was no delicate flower, but a hardened mercenary who generally liked to do good, but was no means perfect. Her clothes were serviceable and clean, her body lean and corded with muscle- not so much strong but made to take a hit and stay standing.

“Please, sit, while I make the accommodations a little more...appropriate.” Rowan said, gesturing to one of the chairs. She would sit down herself after locking the door and checking to see that no one was around, casting a D grade barrier around them. It was an intimate bubble, similar to the cozy plastic globes that came out during the winter. It was surprisingly cozy in the bubble, as Rowan put on a light on the bubble for their use, warming it up so it felt like they were comfortably by the fire, considering the room was colder than it was downstairs. OF course, they could still breathe in the bubble, as was standard in her barriers, once she had figured out the skill.

“If you want me to speak of my past, I’m not going to do so out there. In my barrier, we won’t be heard.” Rowan said idly, looking at home in her barrier. She took a seat, before continuing her story, as this creature wanted to know her story, and somehow, she was glad to give it, considering how forward he was. “The Eastern Empire was set to release a deadly plague, and do all sorts of nasty shenanigans, lead by their general. I joined the war on the side of the See, and our goal was to at least murder the general. Best case scenario, we kill the plague carrier as well. Now, our group were highly skilled individuals. This general though, he was not playing around. He almost destroyed us, setting the whole forest on fire with magic with ease. Luckily, I have my barriers, and we did not die because of how powerful they were. The four of us barely escaped with our lives, but the general saw the other’s faces more than mine, as they sped ahead during that battle. I was covered in barriers, which is why I can show my face, but not my magic. Though, in this form, my barriers are quite distinctive, which is why I have to keep my powers hidden. A Eastern Fugitive [C] bounty is quite high, and I do not want to be forcibly kept away from an area, having to hide the use of my greatest ability. I want my freedom to go where I wish. So yeah, attempted assassination of an Eastern Empire General along with treason really makes people want to turn you in. Now that I’ve mentioned my past, tell me who you are, and about yourself.” Rowan finished, waiting to see what Zolgen would do now. Would she have to fight him? In theory, she could, but she wasn’t sure if she could barrier him and run away fast enough, if it were to come to it.
TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Users who are viewing this thread

Back