• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Community [Isekai Hell] January 2024 entry - A Day in the Tavern

Ralph stepped into the tavern, taking a seat at his usual table. There was a couple of others too. The short dwarf Niclas, the blond adventurer Jairus, and lastly the lady knight Katla. There seemed to be a discussion of sorts regarding what the best weapon was.

“Why of course, the hammer is the greatest weapon! You can hammer away at the forge and in battle as well, making it an all around multi-purpose tool!” Niclas raised up his hammer adamantly.

“But you see, a sword and shield provides one with both offensive and defensive capabilities, therefore it is more practical in combat.” Katla shoved her shield into the dwarf’s face.

“While a sword and shield is certainly a safe option, a spear provides bigger range and can keep your enemies at a distance if they ever want to approach you.” Jairus playfully jabbed at the other two with his long spear. The three of them would then turn to look at Ralph, as if expecting him to come up with a final judgement.

“Uhmm… I think that best is subjective.” Ralph said after a long pause. The rest looked at him in disappointment, as if saying come on, you have to pick one! “Right now all I have is an axe, but as an inexperienced fighter myself, I guess a weapon with longer reach could be of great help in keeping stronger foes away.”

“In that case, you’d probably go with a spear like mine.” Jairus delicately ran his hand along his spear, as he gazed at it longingly. The others could only look at him in disgust, sighing and shaking their heads.

“Nuh uh, what he needs is a war hammer. Imagine a hammer, but longer.”

“Incorrect, what he needs is a great sword. One that weighs a ton and wreaks destruction upon swinging.”

“Okay, but scythes are cool though.” Ralph said, as the others went silent. They’d then burst into laughter.

“Ralph my boy, scythes are a gardening tool used for cutting grass and other crops. I mean if you wanna become a gardener, be my guest.” Niclas slapped his thigh laughing.

“Nay, you guys don’t get it! It’s a requirement to become a Shadow Sickle.” All of them gasped exaggeratedly, coming to a hush silence.

“Like those kinds of mercenaries who carry a scythe around roaming the shadows? What they lack in practically, they make up for in terms of brutality and cunning.” Katla spoke in all seriousness, before her eyes landed onto Ralph. “Ralph, instead of brutal and cunning, you’re more like humane and ermm… what’s the word that’s opposite of cunning? Dumb. Yeah sorry, you’re dumb. Okay, not dumb dumb, but more like straightforward not thinking out of the box dumb. You get what I mean.”

“Also, I heard they tend to be broke adventurers.” Jairus picked his nose as a matter of factly.

“Well, I know I sure as hell ain’t gonna be broke. I have you guys.” They all looked at him, confused. “You’ll lend me money, right?” They all turned away. “Right guys?” They started staring at the ceiling and whistling away.

“Oh well, if all things fail I’ll just be a gardener to repay off my debts.” He sighed to himself, as the others were barely keeping their laughter in. He already had a spare scythe created back in his forge, although it would be useful if he could learn a couple of martial art techniques to go with it as well. Probably a reach technique that allows him to wield the big range of the scythe, as well as a blight technique for additional damage. As for how this blight would work… Maybe shadows will appear when he swung the weapon? Just like the name shadow sickle suggests.

Just then, there seemed to be a commotion breaking out a few tables away. A drunken man was grabbing the arm of a poor barmaid with a nasty look on his face. What a stereotypical situation! Ralph thought to himself, but he couldn’t just allow the man to do as he pleased and so he stood up from his seat to make his way over there. “Hooo boy, here we go again.” Jairus said, as he and the others stood up and followed along Ralph. It was time for the usual beatdown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back