• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Heavily self-edited AI generated stuff.
Mentions: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal
Languages: Common | {Sylvan} | <Beastial>

She'd listen to Calliope's explaining her father's job. Whilst she didn't have much to add or ask, she did smile at how happy she seemed to be talking about it. It made her wonder if it was normal for beasts to have a natural fondness for only one of their parents, or if that was just Calliope's case, or if she misunderstood things altogether... but now wasn't the time to ask about any of that. There was one part Euthalia could reply too. “Dealing with nobles... He must truly be talented.” She chuckled, knowing first-hand how difficult those could be. “Did he grow up in the capital of Kuridan?” She'd ask, wondering what that place might be like.

For a moment, Euthalia just started straight into Calliope's eyes upon the words of encouragement, as if they took a long time to actually sink in. Then she laughed gently. “Thank you, although I'd never have gotten through it without you.” She leaned forwards and down a bit, then back again as if nothing happened. “Anyhow, I'll have to see how much will return to me. For now I should be grateful to have it back to begin with.”

Another chuckle escaped her lips upon Calliope's next confession. “So the rumours of a dangerous flower-thief sneaking through Rose Field at night are true!” She stated, pretending to be in shock, before her chuckle turned into a laugh. “Well, I can see that happen. It's good you were able to make it up to people.” Even if it was just flowers, risking a criminal title was never a good thing.

She raised an eyebrow upon the mention of the cat leaving herself mostly paralysed for three days. “I really should learn healing magic...” She once again mumbled, reaffirming her previous commitment. “I'm surprised flowers like that exists. Although...” she wondered silently for a moment “perhaps with my magic, I could make them less dangerous. Or perhaps what'd make them dangerous to you wouldn't even work on me.” Then again, perhaps that was better for another day.

As beautiful as this garden was, she knew the cat was likely eager to show her more. “Were there other places you'd wanted to show me?” She asked. “Not that I don't love it here, it's beautiful, but I'm also eager to see more of the place you grew up at.”

1712840090925.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
The Felisian cocked her head in confusion at Euthalia's question before suddenly realizing where the mix up happened. "Oh, no, mmhhmm. My father was born in one of the Ryke capitals, mmhhmm. One of the lower ones, mmhhmm. Nightsdale... Night... mont?... hhhmmm? I can never remember their names, I just prefer to avoid large cities with walls, mmhhmm. I think this town is the farthest into Kuridan he's ever been, mmhhmm. Or wait, no, I think he went to Mom's clan grounds, hhhmmm? Yeah, cause that's where they got married, mmhhmm. But he knows hardly anything of life in Beast culture, mmhhmm. He didn't even have a Beast name when Mom met him, she bestowed his on him during their wedding, mmhhmm. That's why he does all his peddling in Ryke, mmhhmm. Pffft... Even his Felisian is rusty, mmhhmm." She held her hand to her mouth and giggled, knowing she shouldn't tease him.

Calliope simply smiled and gave Euthalia's hand another reassuring squeeze at the reply to her comment about the heartseed.

Calliope blushed at Euthalia's accusation of her being a flower thief, but chuckled nervously and smiled when she realized the Sylvari was teasing her. "Yes, I suppose a life of crime doesn't suit me, hhhmmm?"

"There are a surprising number of flowers with detrimental traits throughout the world, mmhhmm, if you know where to look. Though most of those types of effects can still have beneficial uses, mmhhmm. We just need to know what each ingrediant is capable and how to responsibly harness that effect, mmhhmm."
She enjoyed talking about plants with Euthalia.

At the mention of other places, she turned to check the sun's position. "Oh, yes, they should be setting up no actually, mmhhmm. The Market in town usually opens in the mornings, but they wait till later at certain times of year, depending on the weather, mmhhmm. Since it's too cold in the mornings, they become busiest shortly afternoon now, mmhhmm. We should be able to view the most vendors right now if we head over, mmhhmm. We'll probably bump into my brothers then, too, mmhhmm." She tugged lightly on Euthalia's hand ans she stepped backward and smiled, drawing the Sylvari back toward the gate.

Mentions: Elvario Elvario

The Bee Fields
1712846177524.png

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

“Oh! You mean one of Ryke's county capitals?” It suddenly clicked for Euthalia. “I know there's Nightshade County, but I've got no clue what it's capital is called, truth be told.” She nodded at the mention of walls. “I can somewhat understand why other species would want walls, but they always tend to make me feel imprisoned and caged-in.”

She was a bit confused by 'clan grounds' being a thing. “Are clan grounds like a barony or home-town of sorts?” She asked. Euthalia laughed a bit at the mention of the rusty Felisian, as she did notice what she perceived to be a bit of a lack of purrs and hisses between words. That did make her wonder... “What accents do my attempts at speaking Beastial sound like to you?” Perhaps she sounded more like a bird [beast] due to the Sylvan accent having a sing-song quality to it.

Imagining Calliope as catwoman as a criminal was an odd thought for sure. “It doesn't, but who knows, perhaps we can join the flower business together one day. I'm confident I can provide a steady supply of them.” She joked a bit at the idea of them becoming some flower venture capitalists.

Euthalia knew enough about nature to nod to Calliope's statement. “I'm always intrigued by how a bit of some of those plants might be healthy, whilst to much of it might be utterly poisonous.”

She smiled when she felt her hand tugged by Calliope. “Let's go to the market then~” Truth be told, she was a tad nervous. There would likely be more humans there. She also had no clue what to think about meeting Calliope's brothers, a her parents had already been fairly intimidating. Even so, with Calliope's leading her by the hand, she felt like nothing would be too big to face head-on.

1713240791116.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
Calliope smiled and nodded at Euthalia's response. "Yes, mmhhmm, exactly. I have never been there myself, but I have heard about it from father, mmhhmm. I tend to stick to farming and small market villages, mmhhmm." She made a face when Euthalia mentioned her dislike of the walls. "Mmhhmm, I agree completely. I like wide spacious towns with roads meant for full wagons and cattle herds, mmhhmm. Where wandering in any direction will take you to fields and plains of the region, mmhhmm. Walls are restricting, mmhhmm."

She realized Euthalia had likely never seen clan grounds. Technically, she hadn't either, but Calliope was familiar with the idea. "Clan grounds are like... an ancestral prrroperty, hhhmmm? I do not know Barony, but like a home town, yes, though their size and structure varies with the clan, mmhhmm. I believe the Dar' clan grounds are now mostly unused fields and caves, as much of the clan has moved on or integrated with others, but we still keep our claim to the lands, mmhhmm. One family is assigned as a care taker to prrreserve the land and our clan history, mmhhmm." She thought that got the point across.

She turned a little red however when Euthalia asked about her Beastial. "I-I do not want to lie to you, but please do not think my words to harsh, mmhhmm. Your Beastial is... a little wooden, mmhhmm." Her eyes went wide as she realized what she said and she covered her mouth with her hands. "Ah, no sorry, that is not, I mean, I-I just mean it is a little stiff, mmhhmm. But that is to be expected, mmhhmm. You still speak it quite well, mmhhmm. As I said, even my father has trouble and he's been speaking it since before I was born, mmhhmm. It is not an easy language to learn later in life, mmhhmm. There are many social and emotional emphasis that take many years to learn, mmhhmm. You are making wonderful prrrogress, and it means the world to me that you are making an effort, mmhhmm." She smiled at the Sylvari, hoping she could understand why Calliope would answer her so. The Felisian would definitely have to learn Sylvan eventually.

Calliipe laughed at Euthalia's suggestion. "A flower shop sounds lovely, mmhhmm. We could sell them along side my potions out of Refara's Sound, mmhhmm." Her face suddenly paled and she hung her head in exasperation. "I-I forgot about my potion shoppe, mmhhmm... How am I going to explain that to mother, hhhmmm...? She will not be happy, mmhhmm."

Muharriq-Lord Bara 1.pngAs Euthalia agreed to go to the market with her, the two travelled the dirt road back to town, reaching the start of the brick before long. They made their way back to the center of town, where the fountain continued to babble calmly. More covered stalls and display wagons and carts had been set up in the town square, bright colors littering the eye line in all directions. A gentle thrum of an instrument filled the air as the two approached, Calliope waving and shouting to the Felisian man they saw earlier, tuning his sitar. "<Greetings, Muirriq. How go the days earnings?>" The orange haired cat boy sighed and shook his head disapprovingly. "<It is not always about the earnings, dear sister, but I doubt your business oriented mind could ever grasp such a notion. And the coin could fall a little heavier...>" He smirked and lightly kicked his hat which had been set in front of him, showing the small amount of curency within. Calliope smiled and pulled a few coins from her dress inner pocket, tossing them into the cap. "<Well ,your business brained sister says sleep in a bed tonight, on her Ryke. Mom wants you home for dinner later.>" He placed his fingers together and rested his face against them in a bow like display at Calliope. "<Many thanks, Sister sister. Surely your good deeds will grant you favor in your own dealings. And I'll see you at dinner.>" Calliope gestured at Muirriq. "This is my youngest brother, Muharriq, mmhhmm. His name means 'Mom's Favorite', mmhhmm." She stuck her tongue out him teasingly and he laughed under his breath before smiling at Euthalia and giving her the same bow gesture as before. "It's true, I am Muharriq, but my sister is wrong about one thing, mmmm. I am everyone's favorite, not just my mothers, mmmm. And who might you be, maiden of the flowers, whom blesses my sister with her prrresence, mmmm?" Calliope turned bright red and her cheeks huffed at being bested in her teasing.

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

“Roads? Roads... I get that they are needed, but I don't like them. I like to feel the soil underneath my feet. Feeling the weird rocks in roads all the time just make me feel like I'm going to starve.” That was one reason she didn't like Humans. Their desire to put stones in the soil everywhere and make it impossible to root well. A culture difference that was tough to get over.

She thought a bit about the clan grounds. “The sounds a bit like a groves.” She eventually stated. “Although I doubt I'd be allowed to show you one.” She did wonder about another part. “Does your clan have any particular history? I mean...” She didn't phrase that well. “Are there any stories the Dar' clan is known for?”

She tilted her head a bit. “Wooden?” She asked, confused. Her body was all fiber, no wood, so it couldn't be that. “Ah, stiff. I see.” She wasn't the most surprised, as there were a fair few odd pronunciations. “Do let me know what I can improve upon, I'd love to learn more from you.” She ended up adding, returning Calliope's smile.

The matter of the potion shop wasn't really something she had an easy answer for. “Perhaps you can promise her to earn enough to use the portals and visit often? Or invite her over to see it for herself?” Those were the only two things she could think off right now.

As expected, the market wasn't exactly Humanless, but she was able to ignore them. She just made sure to stick a bit closer to Calliope as they walked through it all. She was a tad surprised they were discussing his lack of income so openly. Perhaps another cultural difference.

Upon being explained the name, however, she laughed, only to stop mid-laugh, a little shocked at her own action. “My humble apologies. That was exceedingly rude, it's just that the meaning took me off guard.” Considering how much complaining she'd heard from the mother, the sudden meaning of this name was just too unexpected.

As for the brother's own introduction, she wasn't sure how to respond. She'd normally put up her typical Fae charm, but ever since she'd met Calliope, she didn't feel like it. If anything, a better option occurred to her. “I'm Euthalia Apricot, although I can assure you, she's the one blessing me with her presence.”

Having figured out that counter, she would try to help out a bit with the previous issue she heard about, holding up a (Wealth F) fairly valuable coin piece. “It seems you are a bard? Would you do me the honour of letting me hear one of your clan's classics, if there are any?” She was still interested in the Dar' clan, if anything just to learn more about Calliope's background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back