• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

StarPrincessVal

Princess of the Stars
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is a Roleplay set in the Isekai Hell universe. It takes place in the mostly Beast town of Harmog Kon'Roor, just north of the Ryken border with the Republic. It will follow Calliope, a Felisian potion maker learning the way the world works beyond the boundaries of her small life, and Euthalia, a Sylvari woman returning to her way of life after a lengthy set back, as they visit Calliope's hometown and family. This is a closed RP. We are not taking on any more characters without my approval. Anyone who enjoys this RP and would like to learn more about the Isekai Hell universe is encouraged to follow the links. <3

1709750566181.png
Harmog Kon'Roor (Rose Field)
Location: The town of Harmog Kon'Roor, in the South of the Republic, just North of the Ryken Border in Ironwright County
Time of Day: Around Midday
Player Characters: Euthalia Apricot ( Elvario Elvario ), Calliope Dar'Maoro ( StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal )
The sun shone down, the warmth provided countering the cool breeze, as a cart pulled by a single mare rolled into the town. Seated on the bench was an orange haired Felisian and a tall, flowery Sylvari. Many townsfolk stopped their daily routines to wave to the passing couple, though a few paused in surprise and stared momentarily. The sound of the fountain rippling and splashing filled the air as the cart reached the towns center, the already abundant quantity of flowers tripling instantly. All manner of colors were present, though red was the most prominent, and a close inspection revealed they were mostly roses.

The center of town was surrounded by businesses, their wares laid out under brightly colored awnings for passers by to view. Produce of several varieties, home made jams and preserves, jars of honey, vibrantly colored clothing, and jewelry made of dyed beads and bones made up the bulk of the goods. As the duo looped around the fountain, the driver waved to another orange haired Felisian sitting near the fountain, strumming a sitar. He smiled and nodded in return, continuing to fiddle with his instrument. The smell of fresh bread permeated the air as the cart neared its destination, pulling into a side street and parking next to a large building. The sign on the front bore a large fanciful display with highly detailed Beastial script, and beneath it hung a smaller plain, but still well made, sign reading "Dar' Bakery".

1709755630134.pngCalliope Dar'Maoro
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
The orange Felisian hopped down from the bench, a wide smile on her face as she stretched. She grabbed the reins of the horse and wrapped them around a small hitch affixed to the wall, patting the animals head as she turned to her Sylvari companion. "Welcome to Harmog Kon'Roor, or as it's called in common, Rose Field, mmhhmm. I've lived here my entire life, mmhhmm. Or, I guess I have...hhhmmm? I suppose I never officially moved out, just went on extended business trips for the past four years, mmhhmm... Though, now I have the storefront in Refara's Sound, mmhhmm... This is more complicated than I thought, mmhhmm. Or maybe it isn't, hhhmmm? S-Sorry, I'm rrrrambling cause I'm nerrrvous, mmhhmm. Ah, and now my voice is going, mmhhmm... <Why do I have to be so nervous?>" She covered her quickly blushing face with her hands and took a deep breath to calm herself. "It will be fine, I've just been staying away longer and longer each time, mmhhmm. I've never been gone this long before, and I know my mother is going to say something about it, mmhhmm. And bringing you with me, mmhhmm... N-Not that I rrregrrret it, I just know the rrreaction we will get, mmhhmm..." She smiled and reached for Euthalia's hand. "I am very happy you are here with me, there is so much I want to show you, mmhhmm!"

She checked all the compartments on the cart to insure everything was stashed appropriately and locked away, laughing as she tucked the key back into her jacket pocket. "It is highly unlikely anything will happen to the cart, but I have developed a bit of a routine when I leave it, mmhhmm. I suppose it's not the worst habit to have, mmhhmm." She led Euthalia to the back of the house, smiling once again, only mildly nervous. "I am very excited for you to meet everyone, mmhhmm. They will be... uh, what is the word... <ignorant> or <embarrassing>, but they are all good people, just not used to seeing Fae in these parts, mmhhmm. They will be nice and get used to you being here, mmhhmm. I prrrromise, mmhhmm." Her face became a scowl as she added to her previous statement. "<Or I shall strangle them all and never come home again, and I mean it this time.>" Calliope smiled again at Euthalia, forced positivity on her face. "But it will be fine. Shall we, hhhmmm?" She gripped the handle, turning it and knocking twice as she stepped inside. "Hello, hhhmmm? Mom, Dad, hhhmmm? I am here, mmhhmm!"

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Heavily self-edited AI generated stuff.
Mentions: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal
Languages: Common | {Sylvan} | <Beastial>

Euthalia felt a tad uneasy. Having left Islwyn and Keone behind in the See to take care of things there, she'd been travelling alone with Calliope for a while now. That part had great. The lesser part was the amount of Humans they'd met along the way. She just couldn't feel at ease around them. She wave back at the Beast people and the occasionally wandering Fae, but with the Humans she'd rather just avert her eyes. “Your home-town is surprisingly filled with flowers.” It was difficult not to notice as much.

Euthalia joined in as Calliope petted the horse. She'd managed to get over the fear of having her hand bitten off somewhere along the way and wished to thank the animal for bringing them this far. “Rose Field? I see. It lives up to its name.” She replied, figuring why so many of the flowers here were roses now.

“I'm sure there's no need to be nervous.” Euthalia replied, though honestly, she was just as nervous. If not worse. After all, she hadn't interacted with many Beasts other than Keone and Calliope. Besides, the letter she'd written that she'd lost track of was still on her mind. She had no clue where it'd gone and that didn't sit well with her. Then again, she'd made up her resolve whilst writing that, so meeting Calliope's family would only be part of the process of living up to her words.

There was one thing she could wholeheartedly agree with, luckily enough. “I'm happy to be here as well.” She replied with a smile. The Humans, the nerves, the strange surroundings, none of that could outweigh the joy of being on a trip with Calliope and the desire to learn more about her home and family. “I can't wait to see it all~” The feeling of Calliope's hand gave her a strong sense of comfort is this unknown place and unfamiliar situation.

She nodded. “It's better to do it unneeded, than to not do it and realise you'd have needed it.” She affirmed, as she could imagine good reasons for such safety first habitations.

She was a bit surprised when they went to the back of the house. Were they going to sneak in? Perhaps she just wanted to avoid the bakery part? Euthalia wasn't exactly common with such things. “I don't think I'm much more knowledge-able myself, regarding what's common here. Is there anything I should say or do? Or that I should avoid? I'd hate to make a horrible first impression by accident.” She replied, a bit more nerves flaring up.

Calliope-Rose field 2.jpg
Calliope
Mentions: Elvario Elvario

Calliope placed her hand on her chin and thought about Euthalia's question. "Common, hhhmmm? Nothing I can think of, mmhhmm." Calliope's eyes suddenly went large as panic crossed her face. "Wait, Common, mmhhmm! My mom ha-" Calliope winced as a booming "voice" from deeper in the house interrupted her, a sound that to an outsider would seem incredibly animalistic. "<I know I do not hear that gods awful language being spoken beneath my roof, for all of my children were raised better than that! Common is for the streets, not for my house!>" Calliope fumed with the most annoyed and frustrated look on her face that Euthalia had likely ever seen, before straightening up and leaning over to the Sylvari, whispering quietly. "Do not worry, mmhhmm, she is harmless to anyone who is not me, mmhhmm. But it is probably best if we use Beastial while we are here, mmhhmm."

Calliope removed her work boots and left them on the stone floor of the entry way, tucked against the wall, before opening a small cubby with 'Maoro' scrawled in Beastial on it. She removed a pair of blue slip on shoes, put them on, then pointed to the scrawling on the cubby. "<That is my Trao'Rok, my> one name, mmhhmm. <It is like what humans call a 'first name', or given name, one separate from my clan identifiers.>" She smiled at Euthalia, happy to be able to share these intimate parts of her life with the woman.
DALL·E 2023-12-17 21.08.18 - Redraw the image in a more distinct anime style, depicting the ol...png
Behind Calliope, on the other side of the room, a door opened and another, older, Felisian woman entered. "<It is our word for something that we hold very dear. That which is most important to us. Greetings, Maoro.>" She smiled as she approached, but the face Calliope made did not seem to appreciate her comment. "<It is the name you gave father as well. How can you have two things that are most important to you? It makes no sense.>" The older Felisian scowled indignantly, returning Calliope's attitude. "<Your father is MY most precious thing. YOU are the most cherished of he and I as mates. YOU are the culmination of our union together and your birth was the greatest moment of our lives.>" Calliope blushed and looked away, but still couldn't leave it alone. "<Still, when combined with our clan name, it makes me sound like an offering to the gods. You could have picked something better...>" The older Felisian sighed and shook her head, relaxing the tension she had built up. "<I suppose I should be relived the world has not changed you, you are still impossible to please. But, come now, Maoro, I haven't seen you in nearly four seasons. Please, can we be civil? Also, I believe it is rude not to introduce your guest.>" A shiver of frustration rose from Calliope's feet to her head before she finally sighed and let it go as her mother had. "<Fine. Mother, this is> Euthalia Apricot, mmhhmm. <We met while I was doing work for guild in the See and have been travelling together since.>" Calliope's mom smiled politely at Euthalia and bowed, before turning back to Calliope. "<When you said a friend would be coming with you, I did not expect a Fae. You didn't get caught and sold did you? Your father and I have told you to stay away from the eastern side of> Ryke." Calliope covered her face in her hands as she turned bright red. "<Gods above, mother! No, I did not get 'caught and sold'! And she speaks Beastial, she can understand you!>" The oder woman turned back to Euthalia and bowed again, a smile on her face. "<Oh? Then I like her already. Greetings,> Euthalia, <I am Dar'Muir, head of the Dar' clan. Welcome to our home. Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable? Are you hungry? Dinner won't be for a few hours, but I can get you something sooner if you like. You're very tall, I doubt our normal meal would satisfy you.>" Calliope's hands tightened into fists as she continued to cover her face.

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Well... that was... an introduction. For a second, Euthalia was convinced there was a tiger on the loose in Calliope's house and that it was hungry for blood, death and destruction. Thankfully, Euthalia spoke enough Beastial to recognise some words, even with the heavy feline accent. Wait... she hated Common. Well, it was a good thing Euthalia spoke Beastial. That would at least make a good first impression, right? “<Of course.>” She'd quickly whisper back to Calliope.

Euthalia wasn't really the 'shoe-wearing' type, between being Fae native and Sylvari, so she just wiped her feet on the door mat, if there was any. Although she could somewhat read the writing that Calliope was pointing at, she wasn't sure how it was pronounced. “<How do you say that?>” She asked.

All things considered, Euthalia was already rather nervous, but when she immediately felt like she got into some sort of family argument, she wished she could root into the soil with her entire body and just let the ground take her. The blatant explanation made her turn a darker shade of green and desperate to find anything to look at that wasn't directly at them, as she felt like she'd walked in on something she shouldn't be a part of. Was this how all Beast families were? Or just the feline ones? Either way, it was far, far different than what she was used too.

When Calliope's mother started talking about being caught and sold, she felt a tad offended. Like she'd partake in such Human practices. She was debating how to react, or how to admit she spoke Beastial, when she heard Calliope do so already. That certainly saved her some trouble.

She did, however, get another shocker when she learned that Calliope's mother was the head of the entire clan. A bit of a heads-up on that one would've been nice. Wait. How important was a clan? Was she just the oldest in her family? Was she like a Shepard? Higher-up? She had no clue how to respectfully deal with this type of title.

For now, the best she could do was the standard routine. She bowed back. “<It's a pleasure to meet you, madam Dar'Muir.>” Hopefully 'madam' was fitting enough, as she had no clue what else to use in this context. Before she could fully comprehend things further, however, she was already faced with the next challenge. She knew offering food was a very common cultural thing for most species, so she didn't feel offended, but she was more nervous than normally in trying to find a respectful way to decline.

“<That's very kind of you, madam, but I'm afraid my species doesn't eat. I'd appreciate some water, if that is acceptable.>” She tried to make do with what she figured she could state to be somewhat polite. She was clearly not at all in her element right now. She sort-off wished she was a lot shorter, so she could hide behind Calliope.

1710010283979.pngCalliope Dar'Maoro
Calliope giggled at Euthalia's interest in her name. She held a finger out and covered all but the first symbol. "Ma." Her next finger extended and spread so she cold cover the two end symbols, leaving the center one exposed. "Oh." Finally she moved both fingers to the side to cover the first two symbols. "Ro. <At least, that's the easiest way to say it, for those without Beast physicality. Even among Beasts, words change based on the speaker. The base word is moro. This is a Felisian specific dialect, and we say it closer to something like...>" She thought for a minute, never having focused much on how she said words before. "M-ow-rrrro?<Does that make sense?>" She looked to her companion quizzically, unsure if she was being clear. She was a potion maker and not a linguist after all.

Dar'Muir smiled at Euthalia's display. "<You show the proper respect, that is refreshing. Perhaps my daughter could pick up a few things from you. Of course, I shall grab you some water. While you are a guest here, you are welcome to anything we have. Come in, both of you. No need to stand around the door, make yourselves comfortable.>" Calliope's fists shook against her head as she lightly tapped herself in frustration before she finally released it and moved to step into the larger living space, as Muir went to grab a cup of water.

The living area was large and rather open, with several strange looking pieces of furniture scattered throughout. It seemed most reasonable that they were for sitting, looking almost like backless arm chairs made for someone larger than the Felisian family. Calliope, on this occasion however, chose to sit on a large padded settee that leaned back ward as though it were made for reclining, patting the spot next to her and looking to Euthalia expectantly. As her mother returned with the water for Euthalia, Calliope turned to her. "<Where is everyone? We saw Muirriq at the fountain on the way in.>" Muir moved to one of the other "seats" and lounged on it, resting her legs over the side. "<What do you mean where are they? They are working. Rudra is heading the bakery, Noran' is at the> Shy Maiden, <Hagra is... well, most of them are working. I swear, I don't know where I went wrong with you first batch.>" Calliope huffed, But couldn't stop herself from replying to her mother's comment. "<I know Hagra and I are your greatest disappointments, but Noran' is fine, he has a very good job and everyone loves him.>" Muir shrugged and stretched in the chair. "<Too proud that one. There is nothing wrong with an honest humble job, but you would think you were talking to a Shogun the way he carries himself. And why hasn't he found a mate yet? He has a good job, a decent home, and is very handsome and popular. He should have a woman so I can see my grandbabies before I die.>" Calliope shook her head and sighed. "<Mother, you are ridiculous. What about father? On a trip I assume?>" The older Felisian shook her head. "<He had a business meeting today, but he wanted to get home early to be here when you arrived. I suspect we shall see him any moment.>" Muir cocked an eyebrow and rotatd so she faced the two of them. "<Tell me Euthalia, what do you do for work? Are you involved in this travelling about and peddling nonsense that takes my daughter and mate from me so regularly?>"

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

“Meowworro?” She ended up trying (and failing) to replicate the sound made by Calliope. She just hoped she hadn't just insulted the cat's entire bloodline with that attempt. “<That is indeed difficult.”> She admitted. “<It reminds me of how most non-Fae speaking Sylvan end up sounding rather emotionless to us.>” After all, most non-native speakers didn't really fully grasp the language's singsong qualities.

As Dar'Muir seemed to appreciate the introduction, Euthalia suppressed a sigh of relief. Starting off on a bad foot with her in-laws would've been horrible. Ah, right, it was a bit early to think of them as in-laws, wasn't it? It definitely was. Even so, she couldn't help herself from sort-off doing so. That said, Sylvari were probably one of the cheapest guests you could have, as other than some water, there was nothing Euthalia could come up with that she might need. Well, perhaps some soil to root in later today, but that shouldn't be the biggest issue, hopefully. “<Thank you, madam.>” She ended up replying at the end.

Then again, Euthalia was struggling to figure out exactly what level of respect a head of a clan warranted. Especially as the woman went to get water, rather than having a servant do so. Was the title more of a symbol? She figured she'd use the time that Muir went to grab the water to quickly whisper to Calliope. “How high up in status is a clan head?” She really hoped Calliope could quickly give her some sort of indication so that she wouldn't under- or overestimate how much respect to give and keep giving. Even now, she wasn't sure if she should've offered to go fetch her own water or not, due to the odd lack of servants. Or well, possibly odd, as perhaps she was overestimating clan-heading?

Euthalia was glad to see Calliope offer a place besides her, otherwise she might've ended up standing still in the middle of the room from indecisiveness about how and where to sit down, between this odd mixture or furniture. She'd hate to accidentally claim someone else's spot, or worse, the one of the clan head.

She tried to take in the information about what she assumed to be Calliope's siblings, hoping to memorise the names quickly. Muirriq at the fountain? Ah, the one she saw playing a sitar. Rudra at the bakery. Noran.. Shy Maiden? Based on the name she'd assume that was either a tavern or brothel, but figured she's assume the tavern option. That was a lot more of a safe assumption. She decided to tactically stay out of what seemed to be another family argument, although she really wondered if all beasts were this open about discussing family drama in front of guests. That definitely wouldn't occur with her mother. It'd all be smiles and politeness in front of guests, whether meant and true or faked and lied.

The sudden question directed at her took her a bit off-guard. “<I am a [Diplomat of The See of Chareon], madam..>” She honestly wasn't entirely sure how to respectfully respond to the second part. “<I... would have to say yes, my work requires me to travel a fair a bit and I had the pleasure of Calliope's company during a lot of it.>” She tried to tactically reply.

1710228894488.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Calliope leaned in to respond to Euthalia's whisper. "<Well you know how most human's tend to stick to small families of just partners and children? A Beast Clan is made up of all related smaller groups. So probably around six human families? She is the oldest living member of the Dar' and was made Clan Head by her father.>" She leaned back just as her mother entered the room, acting as though they had not been talking.

Muir leaned up in interest as Euthalia answered her question. "<A diplomat you say? Hmmmmm? What is a diplomat doing traveling with my daughter, I should wonder? I thought Maoro said you met while doing Guild work, I assumed it was something related to her Craft or Business... If not a business partner then...>" Her eyes narrowed at the two sitting across from her, but before she could press further or receive an answer, the sound of a door opening behind them broke the tension. "<Muir! I'm home, I saw her cart in the alley, where is my girl?>"

Calliope's eyes it up and she leapt to her feet and ran to the Felisian Man entering the room, throwing her arms around him in a tight hug. "<Father! It is good to see you again!>" The older man grunted as she slammed into him, hugging her back happily. "<There she is! How was the trip, any troub->" That's when his eyes landed on Euthalia, and he smiled at the woman."<And who do we have here? Hello, I'm> Klint, Calliope's <fath->" Calliope interrupted excitedly before he finished. "<This is my father!>" Klint smirked and held a hand up in greeting.
11CKz03r5spChiFArcuJ-g7b0nnEg4poib_rTM0ngpDE6WZP6SSjOaDOd45_8A9NEmNGw4fZCSnJZjwaKgW2He6hxMMPFeW-HZWRVFwjc-HAQ6jiYhhtyAj1-_fHi0_ba60LeciWOIKLB0O3vPxJiSY
"<Welcome to our home. Any friend of Maoro's is an honored guest.>"

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Truthfully, Euthalia wasn't exactly familiar with Human mating habits, so even if Calliope told her they'd breed like crazy, with families of over a hundred children, she'd have probably just nodded along. That said, one thing confused Euthalia. If this was the oldest one..? What? “She doesn't seem old...” She couldn't help whisper back, wondering if this clan was young overall or if she really underestimated the woman's age. That said, being clan head seemed slightly less high-up than she expected, as it sounded more like the head of a small village than being an actual mayor or Shepard.

Muir's next question was already starting up a challenge. Luckily enough, there were some bits she could say with ease. “<We did, I was on an assignment for one of the See's Shepard's to test some plants for their potion-qualities.>” Luckily enough, Muir was interrupted before Euthalia needed to answer the exact flavour of partnership the two had going on. After all, she wasn't even sure herself, right now. All she knew is what she wanted it to be, having no clue what it actually was right now.

Although Muir had already surprised her, the interaction between Calliope and her father was even more strange to Euthalia. She couldn't recall a single time she'd seen that type of interaction between the family members she'd grown up with at her mother's court, nor could she imagine herself doing that with her own father. It felt like it'd be disrespectful to her parents, in a way? Beasts truly were different, weren't they? Although her upbringing told her this type of interaction was lacking in respect, something also made her feel like it was definitely not a bad one.

“<It is a pleasure to meet you, sir.>” She ended up replying, a bit uncertain of how to digest the surprising sight in front of her and on how to appropriately address this man.

1710441914886.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Calliope attempted to answer back, but she wasn't able to get to it in time before her mother returned.

Calliope's father gave a friendly smile at Euthalia's response. "<Please, call me> Klint. <We have no need for sirs or ma'ams here.>" A throat clearing huff came from Muir as she idly glanced at her claws, seeming to be busy inspecting them. Klint smirked and gave her a stern, but affectionate look. "<Muir, be reasonable. She's a guest and not a Beast, it's fine to use our Common names.>" The older Felesian woman glanced his way with glaring eyes before looking back to her claws. "<Fine. I will use my reason.>" Klint smirked again and released Calliope, walking over to his mate and leaning down to kiss her forehead, her ears flattening and a smile creeping across her face. "<And we all appreciate that. I got something for you. A gift from a new business partner. I'll let you have it later.>" He turned his attention back to Euthalia, his kind smile ever present. "<Has Maoro shown you around yet? It's not much, compared to places like Ryken or some of the county seats, but this little village has some hidden treasures.>"

Calliope smiled and added to his statement quickly. "<I want to show her the bee fields, and all the different flowers, and the market, and... well... we might peak at> The Shy Maiden <but we could probably do without entering.>" She returned to Euthalia's side and grabbed her hand. "<If there is anywhere you want to see in particular, let me know!>"

Muir sat up and let out a yawn, leaning on her hand. "<If you see Noran' or Hagra, tell them to be home for dinner we are having a celebration tonight for the whole family being together. Also, bring your things in and I will set up a bed for you.>" Calliope straightened and kinda looked away sheepishly. "<Oh, uh, actually... I reserved us a cabin just outside town, in the woods. I just figured there wouldn't be a good place for Euthalia to root in town....>" Muir stared at her daughter in silence for a moment, Klint watching her as she tapped her claws against her face. Finally she spoke. "<Alright. If you need anything, let us know.>"

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Calling the man 'Klint' would feel a bit odd. She wasn't used to getting on such familiar terms with someone so rapidly. She wanted to reply with 'thank you sir' by default, yet swallowed that initial response. She was glad the cat-parents distracted each-other for a moment, as it would allow her lack of response to go unnoticed or at least uncommented upon.

Once again, she felt like an intruder, as she watched the odd scene between Calliope's parents. Was this how parents acted when it came to other species? When the relation was more than just growing a flower by the mother and fertilising it by the father, to never really see one another again? Then again, she knew that even among Fae, the Sylvari tended to be an exception. Perhaps this was normal and her situation wasn't? Even so, it didn't make her feel any less confused and like an outsider as she sort-off lived through mere existence and contemplation whilst those family scenes unfolded.

It's why she was glad when she got asked a question that allowed her to refocus on other things. “<No, si... No. We've just arrived.>” She replied, almost calling him sir again. “<I'd love to see them.>” She replied to the second part. That enthusiasm only grew with Calliope's words. “<I do like bees.>” She replies, as it was one of her favourite animals and one of the few insect types she didn't heavily dislike. Perhaps a species-based preference.

She raised an eyebrow at the mention of one name in common. “<What is this> Shy Maiden <you mentioned?>” She asked, even though she was unsure if it was appropriate to do so. Then a gain, if Calliope brought it up, it probably was, right? Perhaps it was just a bathhouse or something? She believed some places had those.

That said, she chuckled at Calliope's last statement. “<It's a bit tough to want to know where to go right now, as I don't know a single thing in this place, but if I hear about something or something stands out, I'll let you know~>” She stated, excited to go explore this place together with Calliope.

To her surprise, Calliope had actually thought ahead and reserved a cabin. Wait... that meant... she'd rather be near where she'd root at than with her own family? As the realisation sank in, Euthalia took on an ever so slightly darker shade of green. After all, it would've been very easy to just show her a garden, a field or the path to the forest. Yet to have gone this much out of her way to stick close, even skipping her own home... Euthalia wasn't sure how to respond to that, other than a silent whisper. “Thank you.” She really appreciated the gesture.

1710834607456.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Klint chuckled at his daughter's outburst of enthusiasm, then respondd to Euthalia's question. "<The> Shy Maiden <is the local inn and tavern. One of Calliope's brothers, Noran', tends the bar there. It is a popular establishment, drawing visitors from several nearby towns on both sides of the border and seeing many travelers daily.>" Calliope shifted slightly nervously. "<We could pass by on our tour, but I think it would probably be best to avoid entering it.>"

Calliope's heart sank at her mothers reply. She knew the decision would upset her mother, but she had expected more fighting, not this defeated acceptance. She was an adult, she had her own life, her own dreams, her own ambitions, she couldn't live her mothers dream forever. But she hadn't wanted it like this. She was about to cave and try to recover , but Euthalia's subtle appreciation steeled her nerves. She needed to break free. And while this wasn't how she wanted it, she could fix it later. She took a breath and smiled, wanting very much to reach out and squeeze Euthalia's hand for comfort. "<Thank you, mother, we will. Always.>"

With the worst out of the way, Calliope smiled at Euthalia once more, excitement of sharing her past with the woman she loved, even she wasn't quite ready to admit that part yet. "<Shall we get started? I'll introduce you to my brothers and sisters in a few hours when we return.>"

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Truthfully, Euthalia was confused. “<Is there any particular reason we should avoid the tavern?>” She asked. “<Whilst it is true that I wouldn't wish for any food or drink, it should give a...>” she was halfway her sentence when she realised. They were on the border, but still within Ryke. A lot of travellers there might be Humans. “<... I see. Perhaps it is best to skip out on it.>” She answered, having finally realised the reason they'd wish to spare her of such a fate. Running into a drunk Human might be the worst possible thing that could happen to her while here. She only wished she'd caught on to Calliope's reason sooner, but she didn't think the cat knew just how deep her dislike of Humans ran.

She as a bit confused when she noticed the short exchange between Calliope and her mother, being unfamiliar with the underlying thoughts and emotions. She also didn't fully grasp why Calliope seemed so formal about reaching out. “<Thank you, madam.>” She ended up adding, worrying she'd been rude or something.

Her slight worry turned into a smile when Calliope asked to get going. “<Of course, lead the way.>” She stated with a smile, quickly finishing the water she'd been holding for a fair while now, before following Calliope out. She knew that beasts tended to have sharp hearing, so she'd waited a bit, before they were a fair bit away from the home, before she spoke up again. “Sorry if I sound... dumb, perhaps, but was that normal? The way your mother and father interacted? Or how you interacted with them? Or is your family special in away?” It'd all be so strange to her that she wasn't sure what to think of it, yet she was curious.

1711005726620.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Languages: Common | <Languages>
Muir raised no more objections as the two slipped out, merely waving and sending them off politely as Calliope promised to return in a bit for dinner. Her father bid they have a good time and they were out the door and onto the towns brick streets. The bricks were a dark grey color with only the slightest hint of green, made from the stones in the area by skilled craftsman in the town. The bright quilt-like fabrics that made up the awnings, curtains, and flags in the area contrasted strongly.

Calliope looked at Euthalia strangely, trying to decipher her question. She worried her appearance gave the impression of disapproval, so she addressed that first. "I do not, nor have I ever thought you were dumb, mmhhmm. Though, could you elaborate, I am not quite sure what you mean, mmhhmm. Did our behavior seem unusual, hhhmmm?" She thought over the events but nothing stood out. "That is typically how my family interacts, I apologize if my mother was abrasive, mmhhmm. She has always been difficult, especially on me, but it has seemed like it has gotten worse lately, mmhhmm."

Calliope pointed to a large building down the road. "That is the Shy Maiden, mmhhmm. It truly is a beautiful building, the architecture is quite pleasing, mmhhmm. B-But that whole part of town has a dense human population, mmhhmm. There have never been any problems with any groups of people here, mmhmm, but I do not wish to make you uncomfortable during your vacation, mmhhmm."

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

She was a bit surprised when Calliope said nothing was unusual to her. So much had stood out to Euthalia, that she wasn't even sure what to start with. She figured she'd carefully try to start with one of the things that stood out the most. “When you were arguing with your mother. Were you not afraid of repercussions? Do you not fear she'd cast you away for not aligning to her views, due to her being the head of the clan?” That's the one point she was most confused about. If Euthalia would've ever said such a thing to her mother, the Cardinal, especially when in the company of an outsider, she'd might've been disowned and told to leave the house. Then again, it already wasn't common for Sylvari to stay in the same place as one of their parents, so in that regard, she'd already been somewhat lucky her mother allowed her to learn about life at a Cardinal's court.

That brought her to her second question. “Is it also common for partners among your species to be so close and open with one another?” She could barely even recall a time she'd seen her parents interact, other than the occasional letters or status reports. Or perhaps a few times, when her father was a guest at her mother's celebrations, but those had always been very formal. Nothing like this. Did that mean that what she'd been feeling for Calliope wasn't too weird? At least not by Calliope's species standards? That would be great.

If anything, Euthalia was most shocked that Calliope considered her mother abrasive. “Abrasive? She seemed most willing to welcome me, to accept your choices and to stand down. Especially as someone that's head of an entire clan.” If anything, she thought Euthalia's mother has been surprisingly easy-going.

Upon being pointed out, Euthalia looked at the building. “I'm not too familiar with architecture, at least not the type that doesn't integrate with the landscape... but it does stand out in an interesting manner.” She managed to state, upon observing the building. However, with Calliope confirming Euthalia's suspicions, she nodded. Then again, she didn't want to fully shut it down. “Perhaps... perhaps near the end of our time here, on a less busy time of day.” She couldn't dodge Humans forever, so perhaps it might be a good challenge. She wasn't ready for it just yet, however, so she was glad she'd not be forced into that place.

1711354392785.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Languages: Common | <Languages>
Calliope huffed at the question about her mother, returning to her mildly combative attitude. "She couldn't do anything, it's not like she has any real powe-" She got a surprised look on her face as she realized how she was behaving. "S-Sorry, Euthalia, mmhhmm. I guess I'm still easily flustered over her, mmhhmm. What I mean to say is, she is more like... the head of the family, hhhmmm? It's her job to take care of the others, or mediate disputes amongst the family, or speak on their behalf with other clan leaders or any kind of leaders really, mmhhmm. She can't really do anything to me, aside from kick me from the family, but she wouldn't do that unless I was a threat to the rest, mmhhmm. That hardly ever happens, mmhhmm. Instead, she just makes sure to let me know what a disappointment I am to her at every opportunity, mmhhmm... She still loves me though, mmhhmm... I think, mmhhmm..." She scrunched her face as she thought on that last part.

The next question however made her a little more unsure. "I... I think so, mmhhmm. I never thought the way they behaved together was strange, mmhhmm. M-Maybe they're a little more affectionate than most, and it's somewhat embarrasing in public, but it's not too different from other beast relationships I've encountered, or even many human ones, mmhhmm. Is it not as common for Fae, hhhmmm? I suppose I've never spent much time among them, mmhhmm. Do..." She paused and blushed, looking to the side slightly and rubbing her arm. "Do you not feel like being that way with anyone, hhhmmm?"

Again the mention of her mother brought an immediate pout to Calliope's face, but she collected herself before answering, the mild bite still in her tone. "She chooses her topics intentionally to pick fights with me, mmhhmm. We have had these arguments before, she knows my stance, but she chooses to bring them up to me and have the same arguments over and over, mmhhmm." She let out sigh and hung her head in defeat momentarily. "I know I should just not fight back, but something... instinctual arises when she behaves that way, mmhhmm. I can't help myself from trying to show her she is wrong, mmhhmm."

Calliope blushed again and laughed nervously. "I don't really know anything about architecture either, mmhhmm, I just think the building is rather nice. And of course, we can go or avoid anywhere you want, so long as you are comfortable, mmhhmm. Uh, you will probably get some stares, it is very rare to see Fae arond here, so I apologize in advance, mmhhmm. But, everyone here is very kind, mmhhmm. No East Empire sympathizers here, not many intolerant people would choose to live in a town this heavily mixed, mmhhmm." She smiled warmly at Euthalia. "But you said you wanted to see the flower fields and the bee farms, mmhhmm. That would be a wonderful place to start and will take us past the fountain, mmhhmm." She began to walk, leading Euthalia toward the destination, but paused, holding her hand out slightly. "P-Perhaps we should hold hands, so we don't get separated mmhhmm..."

Mention: Elvario Elvario

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Euthalia nodded along with most of what Calliope was saying. Those responsibilities didn't seem too different. Even so, there were still some things she really didn't understand. One thing in particular. “Do you really think she considers you a disappointment?” That bit was just... weird. “Surely she'd have cast you aside if she truly thought that, no?” After all, that's exactly what happened to herself. She'd been saved from the death penalty, sure, but she'd been instantly cast aside after her Heart's Seed was taken. “From how welcoming she seemed and how readily she seemed to invite you to stay over, it seemed to me she might merely struggle to understand your choices, rather than her being disappointed...?” That's when she realised what she was doing. “Ah, I'm sorry. I'm not one to speak about such things, forgive me.” Her own relation to her mother couldn't be worse, after all, so who was she to try analyse another's mother's behaviour?

At the topic of things that were common for Fae, she shook hear head. “Well, truth be told, it'd likely depend on the Fae. Let's say that Islywn isn't an exception for her species of Fae. Yet, well...” She wasn't sure how to phrase it. “Perhaps it's more about the place I grew up, at the court, where all public displays of affection were carefully planned and had some sort of political motive...” That's the best she could conclude. “Then again, among us Sylvari, it is highly uncommon for parents to stay together, or sometimes to even know one another.”

Before she could get any deeper into the topic, she was caught off guard by Calliope's question. “I... would I...” She hampered, speaking before having an idea of what to speak. “Yes... Yes... I do believe such a closeness would be comfortable.” That's what she managed to get out, unsure, but not untrue. “Strange as it might be, at first.” She added, yet again a tad hesitant, mostly due to failing to grasp the pathways that her answer might have her open up.

Taking a deep breath, she was almost glad the topic changed back to Calliope's mother. “You know, I once asked Islwyn why she and Keone tend to argue a lot. It's always about the same topics as well. 'You drink too much.' and 'You're hoarding too much shiny stuff.' and the likes. However, she looked at me puzzled and simple said 'It's because we care, isn't it?' after which she went back to argue. Wouldn't it be the same for your mother?” She paused for a bit. “Of course, I don't know much about it either, but well, personally I'd only keep arguing if I cared about someone. Otherwise I'd just give up on them and ignore them, I guess?” She hoped that made some sense. “I don't know, perhaps rather than arguing or agreeing... I...” What was she about to say. She shook her head. “Sorry, I'm getting too involved again. I'd... I'd not be in a position to give any advice. Sorry.” She held off on continuing her sentence. She wasn't know what was possessing her, talking about things she knew nothing about, bringing the mood down.

For a second time, she took a deep breath. “Going to the flower fields and bee farms sounds lovely.” She stated, glad to have something more positive to think about. In fact, when Calliope suggested holding hands, she chuckled. “You're correct. I tend to get lost in a crowd very easily.” She stated, with a bit of a laugh. Being as tall, green and flowery as she was, the opposite was true, but who was she to deny the far more fun 'truth' they could play by, for now? She'd gentle take hold of Calliope's hand.

1711602084276.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Calliope smiled sheepishly at Euthalia. "It's okay, I do not mind talking about it with you, mmhhmm. If she's not disappointed in me, she sure makes me feel like she is, mmhhmm. "<Why are you always gone so long, why can't you work closer to home? You spend too much time in Ryke, you forget your heritage. You should get a real job, not wander the wilds hocking tonics.>" She never speaks so of Abena or Muharriq, but they followed the path she set out for them, mmhhmm. She grumbles about Jeremiah, but Titus and I get the brunt of it, mmhhmm. She is never happy or proud or content with anything we do, mmhhmm. Ever since I told her I didn't want to take over the bakery from her, mmhhmm."

At the mention of Sylvari not typically forming lasting bonds, Calliope did her best to hide her disappointment with a kind smile and a simple, "I see, mmhhmm." But Euthalia's next answer lifted her spirits once more. If Euthalia would be interested in such a thing, perhaps she needn't loose hope just yet.

Calliope couldn't help but laugh as Euthalia summarized Islwyn and Keone's arguing. It was true, the two seemed very close and trusting of each other, but somehow, she had a hard time picturing such a bond with her mother. "Perhaps you are right, in that she has not given up on me, but... isn't it normal to want those you care about to support you and trust you know what you are doing, hhhmmm? If she truly thinks my decisions are going to hurt me, couldn't she be there for me when they did, instead of shaming me out of making them, hhhmmm? I... s-sorry, I know you are trying to help, mmhhmm. Thank you, mmhhmm, for listening." She smiled genuinely up at the Fae Woman her heart a little lighter.

As Euthalia took her hand, she had to stop herself from shaking with joy, simply tightening her grip reflexively in response, before realizing what she was doing. "Oh, sorry, mmhhmm." She loosened her hold, just barely and turned away until she was done blushing. When she turned back, she wore a bright smile and an excited aura. "Alright, then we shall head out, mmhhmm! It is to the north of town a short ways, mmhhmm." She led Euthalia with an energy that completely over took the dour mood of their early conversation.

As they approached, Calliope waved to a couple sitting on a nearby porch, a pair of aged Boarkin, who nodded and waved back as the Felisian opened the wooden gate that led to the field. "They do not mind people coming in, mmhhmm. There is a small box for paying for any honey collected while here, though I don't have any use for any currently, mmhhmm. I enjoy coming to view the flowers and trees, and on occasion, they have allowed me to take samples when they bloom in the spring, mmhhmm. Everyone here knows each other, it is a very close community, mmhhmm."

Once they were a good distance in the fields, the presence of the bees was obvious. Large swarms buzzed around massive hives set under trees, each surrounded by a different type of flower with a decent mix of wildflowers in between. Even away from the hives, there were noticeable buzzing and darting individuals gathering honey for the hives. "The hives seem rather clean right now, mmhhmm. There must have been a harvest recently, mmhhmm. Usually they are dripping with honey, mmhhmm. They give out a lot to the residents of the village and sell it to tourists in the town, and even my father takes a large amount with him after a harvest to sell in Ryken, mmhhmm. My mother uses it in several of her recipes as well, mmhhmm. We all help each other out and share in our prospering, mmhhmm." She smiled as she crouched down amongst the flowers, leaning to sniff a few. Several bees began to fly close to Euthalia, particularly around her flowers.

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Once more, Euthalia was a tad confused. “Those first two sounds more like she's just missing you.” She wasn't sure about the third. “I see.” She added about the bakery part. She wasn't sure what else to add, as she didn't know the family all that well. “The fact someone is too proud to tell another they're happy or content with what they're doing doesn't have to mean they aren't.” She could say that much from personal experience, at the very least. She didn't want to talk about it in more depth however, figuring it best to let it rest there.

Euthalia wasn't sure what to say about the next parts either. It's not like her own father or mother had been there when she'd need any family most. Then again, such a thing wasn't too uncommon for her species, so it'd not be a fair comparison. All in all, she wasn't sure what to say.

As her hand got squeezed enough to nearly cut-off the sap-stream, she did look at Calliope with some confusion. That, she quickly heard the apology and could feel the grip loosing enough to get the sap flow again. She'd not loose her hand to cat-grip today. Instead, she couldn't help feel cheerful by seeing the cat's own cheeriness.

Euthalia respectfully gave a short bow at the elderly Boarkin couple. “It's a lovely place.” Euthalia stated, upon hearing Calliope explain things. Upon some bees getting closer to her, she was quick to use Magic and Flora Affinity to make her flowers close up. She was not going to get it on with some bees here. She realised that the bees in these regions might not be evolved in ways that made them realise a Sylvari's flowers had nothing to offer for them. Back in the See, she'd not have been approached by the bees like that.

“What is it like, honey?” Euthalia asked, a bit curious. She'd never be able to taste or eat it, but she figured it must be pretty good. Otherwise going through all this trouble to collect what was essentially bee vomit would not make any sense at all.

1711948300437.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Calliope smiled and stifled a laugh as Euthalia's flowers closed to the bees. She had never conceived such a thing would be necessary. The bees often approached her as she worked when she came here, but never had that been more than a minor annoyance. Her mind began to wander as it often did, moving from thought to thought with little control. What would happen if they got into the flowers.? Would it just cause more flowers to bloom on Euthalia? But she could do that herself at will since getting her heart seed back, Calliope had seen it. If they did could they make honey with it? Her mind suddenly jumped to the memory of the potion she made with Euthalia's sap. What could that honey do in a potion? What would it ta-?

She turned away suddenly, her face redder than it had ever been as she blinked in astonishment at herself. Things had felt so strange with the Sylvari since arriving in town. Not in a bad way, but in a way she hadn't anticipated. She thought it would be the same as any other trip home, but something seemed to be more... intimate about it? Like Euthalia was seeing a part of her she had yet to unveil. She only hoped the woman was happy to see it.

She had nearly gathered herself, when Euthalia asked about the honey, snapping her back to reality. "Oh, honey, hhhmmm? Well it is sweet obviou- Or, well... I-I suppose it is not so obvious, mmhhmm. S-Sorry, Euthalia, mmhhmm. It is sweet, mmhhmm. Very sweet, mmhhmm. And you see how all the hives are surrounded by different flowers, hhhmmm? Each flower adds a unique flavor to the honey, allowing them to produce several different kinds, mmhhmm. My favorite is the lavender, mmhhmm." She smiled at Euthalia, excited to share something she loved with her. But, her expression softened and she looked down, mildly embarrassed. "Are... Are you not able to taste things, hhhmmm? I knew eating and drinking were not a capability, but I suppose I never questioned whether you could even taste or not, mmhhmm. We have known each other and traveled together for some time, but there are still a lot of things we don't know about each other, aren't there, hhhhmmm?"

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Euthalia, having no clue what was going on inside the cat's mind, had just been enjoying the flowers and watching the bees go around their ways, now that she was no longer a target for them. That said, the answer to her question wasn't all that enlightening. “Sweet, that's what children normally prefer, isn't it?” That's the most she remembered of the flavour. “So like azaela, dianthus or gardenia?” She named a few flowers with more sweeter scents, as scents were the closet thing she could relate too.

The idea that flowers could influence the taste was peculiar. “Lavender? I knew an elven druid who used that a lot as well.” She mostly recalled it having a fairly strong scent. “It does seem to be popular, among the bees.” She mentioned, seeing a fair few of them gathered around the plants.

Calliope's question made her think for a bit, trying to figure out how to best explain it. “I don't exactly taste the way others would, but I do think I can 'taste' to some degree. If I drink polluted water, it does taste 'off' to me and if I root in polluted dirt, it also 'tastes' wrong.” She wasn't sure how to explain it otherwise, as she was unsure to what degree both things could be considered 'tasting' like Calliope would.

“Well, we still have a lot of time to learn, don't we?” Euthalia replied with a bit of a smile. That made her recall something else. “You've told me a bit about your family already, but what about the others here? If this is your childhood town, do you still have any childhood friends or caretakers or other family here? Or perhaps former teachers or something?” She wondered who'd have taught the cat alchemy.

1712116534721.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Calliope chuckled at Euthalia's response. "Yes, children are fond of sweets, but I would believe everyone prefers them, mmhhmm. The bakery sells more sweet breads and cakes then anything else, and things like Glazed bacon and ham, as well as many kinds of jams, are often served at the taverns I stay at when I travel, mmhhmm. Even things like mead, or some wines are fairly sweet, mmhhmm." As Euthlia explained how she could 'taste' certain tings through the soil, Calliope watched her in admiration and fascination. "I wish I could show you, mmhhmm. Or experience things as you do so I could share your perspective, mmhhmm." She smiled up at the Sylvari, standing and brushing off her skirt.

The final inquiry though made her hesitate. She was reluctant to bring up the topic of her mother again so soon. She didn't want the other woman to think she was whiney or incessant. "I never really had those sorts of things here, mmhhmm. It wasn't until not too long ago, just before meeting you, that I made my first real friends, mmhhmm. I say that, though I haven't exactly checked in on them lately, mmhhmm. I met them on my journey to Crustanton that I told you about, mmhhmm. We visited the city together, mmhhmm. And I actually taught myself how to make potions, mmhhmm. My father gave me a small crafters kit as an Or'Hraarg'Onn, oh, uh, The Night of Many Stars, hhhmmm? I believe that is the correct translation, mmhhmm. Any way, the kit was a gift from my father and I became enamored by the process, mmhhmm. I practiced until I could make salves and ointments to treat the people of the town, and I slowly improved and expanded from there, mmhhmm." She had almost forgotten how she got started, at least momentarily. She smiled, both comforted by the memory of the kit and proud of herself for how far she'd come. She looked up at Euthalia expectantly. "What about you, hhhmmm? I-I know there are things in your past you do not like to discuss, but... if you ever feel comfortable, I am willing to listen, mmhhmm. I... I would like to know more about you, mmhhmm." She took Euthalia's hand again, gently, nervously moving her fingers against it.

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Euthalia was a tad surprised to learn that sweet things weren't as child-exclusive as she thought they were. Or perhaps that was a cultural difference? She wasn't sure. Perhaps she should ask Keone or Iswlyn upon returning. Either way, she was surprised by just how many sweet food items there were. “I keep forgetting how many food things there are...” She mumbled, upon realising the variety of 'sweet' things alone was already this large.

Upon the next mention, Euthalia did recall something. “I've heard there are some Fae mages that can have people switch bodies for a while...” She mumbled, recalling some of the more peculiar people she met at her body's course. That said, there were some things about being 'fleshy' that she would be worried about. Like, well, the whole digesting food thing. Having to eat and being able to taste would be interesting, but having to deal with the waste of it sounded highly unpleasant.

Luckily, the topic changed again, or well, her other question was answered. She was rather surprised that someone as easy to get along with as Calliope hadn't made many friends in her own home-town. She wasn't sure if she should inquire further, but decided against it, at least for now.

“Your entire potion-craft is self-taught? That's rather impressive.” She was surprised to learn something like that. Enough to abstain from asking what in the world the 'Night of Many Stars' was, for now, as she was trying to imagine how many trial and error situations she'd have gone through to find out what worked. “Is that why you weren't all that hesitant to try out potions yourself?” She felt like those moments in Faeremeadow were put in place a bit more.

When the question was turned around, however, Euthalia got a tad more hesitant. “I... well. I'm not sure what to say, or where to start.” There were definitely some things she wasn't sure how to tell Calliope. She figured she'd try something 'easier' first. “Did you know that it's uncommon for Sylvari to be raised by their parents? During saplinghood, the entire community takes care of them and after their saplinghood, they are normally taken care off by whomever can teach them what they wish to learn. I just happened to want to become a diplomat at a young age, so I ended up apprenticing at my mother's court. There weren't any diplomats around as most were in other parts of the See or even outside of it, so working at her court was the closest I could get to learning the job.”

As she could feel the cat reach for her hand again, she automatically grabbed Calliope's hands in hers, keeping it between her own hands. However, right after doing so, she realised she wasn't even sure why she'd done it. That said, she didn't want to let go either.

1712299253478.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Calliope went wide eyed at Euthalia's remark. "Sw-Switch bodies, hhhmmm?" It shouldn't have been a surprise to her, potions could do equally wild things, but the idea of someone as friendly and affectionate as Islwyn with Keone's snake form flashed n her mind and she had to actively fight the urge to shudder in horror.

Euthalia's praise brought a smile and pink to her cheeks as she tried not to get too full of herself. "Thank you, mmhhmm. Yes, I have been testing my own potions since I was in my adolescence, mmhhmm. I am very used to the worst effects of my neutralizing agent, mmhhmm. Though, not having a better option on hand also contributes, mmhhm."

Calliope smiled kindly at Euthalia. "I know it is only because my experience was so different, but that makes me happy and sad, mmhhmm. It is lovely that a whole community would work to ensure the safety and well being of one of its own, but I could not bear the thought of never knowing my father the way I do, mmhhmm. Or my mother, mmhhmm. Although, I probably would have apprenticed under my father in such a situation, mmhhmm. I guess I took after him in many ways, mmhhmm."

Calliope let out an exhale of surprise as Euthalia held her hand, her ears twitching in delight reflexively. "What is she like, hhhmmm? Your mother, hhhmmm? Do Sylvari look like their parents the same way humans and some beasts do, hhhmmm?" there were many questions she had, but this one seemed pertinent.

Euthalia Apricot

yC4rvsN.png

Upon hearing Calliope's surprise and seeing the cat a bit taken aback, if not a bit afraid, Euthalia assumed that Calliope was even more averse to being a plant-based life-form than Euthalia was worried about the idea of having a body that processed food. “Ah, forget I said it.” She quickly said as a way of apology for bringing up what seemed to be an uncomfortable topic.

Even so, Calliope bragging about just randomly testing potions on herself and being used to the neutralizing agent was... not the greatest. “I should learn healing magic.” She stated, mostly to herself, as she highly doubted she could convince Calliope to stop being reckless. The best option would be to try to figure out how to minimize future harm.

Calliope's reply made her wonder. “What does your father do again, exactly? I don't think he makes potions? Is he some type of merchant?” That'd be closest to what Calliope was doing that explain why she'd apprentice under him.

At the question what her mother was like, Euthalia face turned into a frown. “She's a Cardinal, so it wouldn't do for me to carelessly compare myself to her.” She stated first, as she thought about it a bit longer. “Between us, though, I've heard I took more after my father.” She stated next, carefully trying to figure out how to navigate answering this question. “I don't think we physically tend to resemble our parents as much as Humans and Beasts might, but we do to some degree. The most prominent that we tend to inherit is probably the potential of our Heart's Seed... which is like it's...” She had to figure out how to explain it for a bit. “... it's related how easily we can utilise magic, though in my case, well, you know...” Having been separated with it for a long time, she'd probably never reach the most potential with it, despite having had two parents with extremely high potential.

Hoping to switch to a more fun topic, she pointed at the flower fields. “You said you used some of these flowers in potions before, right? Which ones had the most surprising results?”

1712725436628.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Calliope's eyes lit up at the question about her father. "Yes, exactly, mmhhmm! He travels Ryke, purrrchasing goods for cheap in places where they are abundant and selling them for more in places where they are scarce, mmhhmm. He tends to stick to the larger cities, though, mmhhmm, while I like to travel the smaller towns and villages, mmhhmm. He's more comfortable than I am in the capitals, but he grew up in one, he's used to dealing with the guards and nobles and guilds, mmhhmm. I prrrrefer to deal with individuals, mmhhmm."
She gently squeezed Euthalia's hand comfortingly as the Sylvari answered the question about her mother. "I am sure you are capable of great things, mmhhmm. Do not forget how far you came before your Heart's Seed was returned, mmhhmm. And though the circumstances seemed beyond our control, you were able to get it back without magic, mmhhmm. I have no doubt your magic will be wonderful and strong, because I've seen the capabilities of the woman who wields it, mmhhmm." She smiled kindly, hoping her words rought Euthalia some comfort.

The Felisians eyes grew in excitement as Euthalia asked about the flowers. "Oh, yes, mmhhmm! The flowers around town were some of the earliest things I worked with, mmhhmm. Very plentiful and easily acquired, mmhhmm." Her ears folded slightly and she looked away ashamed. "I-I admit, on more than one occasion, I prrrrobably took some I shouldn't have in my eagerness for samples, mmhhmm. B-But I have repaid what I owed to any I took from, mmhhmm." She hoped Euthalia wouldn't judge her too harshly. "As for their usefulness, most are relatively common and simple, useful in tinctures and tonics and salves to help with minor illness or injury, but there is one that prrroves most mysterious, mmhhmm." She pointed to the north, toward the tree line. "There is a blue flower that grows in the woods, with large curled petals, mmhhmm. I never found it's official name in any language, though I call it Basilisk's Breath, mmhhmm. It has a very powerful paralytic effect, mmhhmm. Dangerously so, mmhhmm. Even the tiny amount I ingested in trial left half my body useless for three days, mmhhmm. I spent a long time trying to learn about it, but could not find records of it anywhere, though my sources are limited, mmhhmm. Knowing how dangerous it is, I can't study it myself easily, and thus have been unable to determine if it holds any beneficial prrroperties, mmhhmm." She brushed her hair aside as she stared at the treeline, already thinking once more about how best to tackle such a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back