• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Finished [Isekai Hell] From the City of Faiths to Seeking Thieves

Eeriel (Midnight)
Character Grade - E

Finally, they managed to rescue the noblemen.

Eeriel sat on nearby rock, licking her slightly dirty paw so she could feel clean again. She listened as the nobleman introduced himself and offering rewards to them all. The nun wants the location of a dragon while the knight wants help for a promotion, and then her, what would she wants from a noble anyway? She didn't need money and can easily steal some if she wants, she didn't want status as they're useless for her, She didn't need any equipment as she probably had no way of using it. Hmm, what to do...

"Just give me the most exotic spell book you can find then. It should be easy for someone like you." The cat finally decided on her request.

"So the chalice of life has been stolen?!" The nobleman, Cassian exclaimed when Joanne mentioned it's disappearance. "I shall look into this matter personally, from your ring. You're a knight of Dala, which would explain your interest. Worry not sister, the clergy in Ruaan has always been of utmost importance to the nobility of Ryken."

Joanne entwined her hands and bowed her head. "May Dala bless your efforts. Yes, I have recently sworn an oath in blood and soul to Dala the Protector, may her name be blessed now and forever. I seem to continue to encounter people who are in someway entwined to the chalice."

Turning towards Edwin, the nobleman nodded his head. "I don't treat much with the higher ups within my order, however, I shall see to it personally that your house of Stormcrest receives a letter praising your efforts and recommending you to higher positions. Surely, doing the groundwork that you do is no easy task, I rather see a man of courage in the loftier places instead of whimsical and foolish corrupt buroucractics. You have my favor, Sir Edwin of House Stormcrest."

He'd turned towards the feline, "Exotic?" He hummed in thought. "I suppose I do know a fellow that purchases imported rugs from the Paizu foothills from me who runs a magic shop in town. I could swear he mentioned things on spell books. Perhaps, an inquiry could prove fruitful." He nodded. "Bring as cunning as you are, you'd certainly put magics to good use. I must admit a magic wielding cat isn't a very common occurrence.
"

Rothgar then chuckled, "Splendid yes, yes?" He got up and stroked his beard. "Now, where shall you go now Mr uh.. Cassian was it?"

The nobleman Cassian nodded, "That's right. Well, I suppose the nearest trade route isn't far from here."

Rothgar nodded, "eheheh.. quite risky i'd wager! Here please, let me cast a portal spell back to Ruaan." Without another word, Rothgar opened a channel portal to the holy city to which Cassian stepped through but not before bowing deeply, "Thank you all, may all your efforts prove fruitful!" And with that he stepped through the portal.

WIth that Rothgar sighed, "Splendid indeed, now that we've saved that noble perhaps we can continue and find my scrolls eh?" He asked with a hint for annoyance. "Come now, come come!" He crowed as he began walking, "That foolish gorgon is behind all of this I know it!"

The party continued for a few hours until they reached the first stop in their long journey. A tavern that read it's name on a cask of ale. "The Golden Nugget". As the party made their way in, it was apparent that it was mostly an in-between stop on the way to the villages and smaller towns yet it was also a stop on the way to Ryke.

The place was somewhat well kept, the staff were friendly and the people there were local regulars that stopped by for a drink after a long days work before heading home. A few hooded men however sat at a table playing cards.

"Heya! Young and old masters, what can I do for ya?" Said the bartender in a raspy airy voice.

Joanne was about to reply when Rothgar stepped Infront of her, "Just here for a few drinks before headed towards the caves. We have some business with the oracles."

The room got quiet and a local replied, "I say you have a death wish. No one who goes to the oracles get readings any more. In fact, we think they might have dabbled in some unusual magics there."

Rothgar stroked his beard, "Yes yes, I see your concerns are valid. However, we must travel through one of these tunnels to reach the other side, into the Forbidden Forest." People now looked over, it was indeed a brave thing to traverse through such fell places. "Hehehe.." Chuckled Rothgar as he tapped his staff on the floor boards and summoned a few gokd rykes. "Could you spare two rooms for us?"

the barkeep nodded and gave them two keys. "Upstairs, to the end of the hall on your left and your right."

Rothgar nodded and took the keys, "Yes yes very well! Thank you!" Then looking back to his company, "Now I'm going straight to bed, if any of ye would like to mingle the be my guest! This old man has had enough adventure for the day!"

Edwin Stormcrest
Edwin 3.jpg

RavenSong RavenSong Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Edwin would bow regally towards Cassian, feeling honored of hearing his words of praise towards his humble service. While honor dictated him to act justly and according to law, regardless of being offered reward or praise, the words did have value for the teen nobleman, how had just begun taking his steps into knighthood. “I am forever grateful for your support.” He added, his expression now softer, unlike the brutal one he had worn in the battlefield a few moments ago. It looked like his sister could very well be free to pursue her own destiny if he had success.

The free-knight watched, with palpable interest, as the old man Rothgar showed his mastery of the arcane arts, conjuring a portal out of thin air so the nobleman they had just rescued could step through it. It caused him a slight apprehension, a sense of unease from the tales which the Master-at-Arms, who had trained him, told him. The stories went of the formidable capabilities such individuals could possess, as well as how easily their mind could become corrupted while channeling the powers from the beyond. However, the old man had shown to be sane to an extent, so he gathered he wasn’t evil or corrupted.

“A… a gorgon?” Edwin asked, his eyes narrowing slightly. Weren’t those the creatures that could turn people into stone with a single gaze? To think that he could very well be facing against such a monster send a jolt of adrenaline through his system. His surprise would only take a few moments, however, recovering himself in the next moment. It looked like that question he had embarked on had just become way more complex than he had imagined. But he wasn’t one to turn back when things got difficult, he had to give himself fully to the life he had been prepared to since childhood.

Getting on top of his destrier, he would lean downwards and offer his hand to sister Vallenhart, to ride with him. In his mind, it was only right to do so, to ease her burden of travel after all the brunt she had suffered. In addition, he considered both of them to be brothers-in-arms at that point. Regardless if his offer was accepted, the young nobleman would ride towards the tavern, following the old man’s lead.

Inside the tavern, his green eyes would dart around the place, taking how well maintained it was. Even inside the establishment, the free-knight carried his three-pronged lance, still being in high-alert despite the moment of respite. He listened carefully to what the mage wanted to do next, not really having knowledge about the oracles he spoke of or the Forbidden Forest. However, by the reaction of the patrons, it wouldn’t be a safe endeavor. Much on the contrary.

Edwin’s emerald eyes followed as the old man left for one of the rented room, nodding towards him, while approaching the ordering counter. Sitting on one of the stools, he would lean his lance against the counter, ordering a weak ale. While the thought of getting alcohol in his system didn’t please him too much, he would rather not risk water poisoning from random sources. With the tankard firmly grasped in his hand, he turned towards both sister Vallenhart and the talking cat, letting out a sigh of relief. “All-in-all, I say we made a pretty good team back there.” He said, with a faint smile on his lips.

Eeriel (Midnight)
Character Grade - E

Eeriel was quite in a good mood after their successful rescue. Despite her initial disdain for the attempt, the thought of getting an exotic spell book in return was apparently enough to make the cat happy and opened up a bit. During the journey the cat would share a bit about her so called 'master', an old reclusive wizard who dedicated his life in perfecting the summoning ritual. Conjuring various things from another world from useless junks to fearsome demons.

"In another world, he's just a foolish child with the body of a stinky old man." Eeriel concluded her little story. Despite she literally threw insults at her dead master at every opportunity, she told the story with a somewhat affectionate tone.

As they reached their next stop, Eeriel jumped on top of a table and claimed one of the corner for herself. She didn't order anything but made herself comfortable in a loafing position while Rothgar decided to sleep early.

"The bandits are just stupid." Eeriel remarked at Edwin's statement. Really, if she's the leader of that bandit group she would do things way differently, and she would make sure nobody took the prisoner, even if she needs to booby trap the noble.

"Anyway, Sir McKnight, the hell are you doing here? Don't you have a land to lord over or something? You fancy chasing down scroll-stealing goblins now?" The cat asked the knight. As far as she's concerned, he didn't have any business following them any further. He was there to save a noble and deliver justice to the bandits and whatever else.

RavenSong RavenSong Maxxob Maxxob

Sir Edwin Stormcrest
Edwin-3.jpg

Titles
[Human - Mundane], [Noble Ryke] D, [Apprentice Lancer], Knight [Educated] Color - #6bcdfa

RavenSong RavenSong Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

The question posed by Midnight caught Edwin a bit by surprise. Not by the question itself, but how the small creature was interested in knowing more about his motivations to remain with the group after hearing about the old wizard's search for his scrolls. Chuckling a bit after being called 'McKnight', whatever that meant, his expression was relaxed now that he had drunk quite a bit of the ale. "While my family has quite a humble estate in Ryken, our ranks within the nobility is not as so high as to grant us land to lord over." He began with a regal tone.

"That is one of the reasons I embarked into knighthood today: to rise within the ranks and grant my house, the Stormcrests, getting us into a proper peerage, as my father did it back in his time." Telling one of the reasons which guided his actions, he took another sip of the alcoholic beverage, before continuing. "But do not mistake me for a mercenary or vulture of misery, chivalry and honor guide my hand. My aid would have been extended regardless if it was a commoner who was being held hostage or if your group had simply been caught in a bad spot." He added in advance, appearing to be slightly self-conscious of being thought as such and, to the same extended, his House's reputation.

The next part of the cat's question made him stop and think about it. Helping the eccentric old man, Rothgar, retrieve his magic scrolls had little chivalrous and honorable value, if any. Edwin's emerald-eyes would leave Midnight's amber ones, shifting towards Joanne for a moment, before going back.
"While the old mage's search for his scrolls doesn't have much in the way of chivalry, the search for the religious symbol does. The paths seem to converge." He finished his explanation, nodding to himself about it. "How about you? From your request to the nobleman, you seem to be a pursuer of the arcane. Does aiding Rothgar further your own plans in that regard?" He asked, tilting his head slightly, as his knowledge about the feline was minimal at that point.

0c94b938-742e-4042-a05f-fb9e6090a50b~2.jpg

Joanne wasn't rather fond of mind altering substances or things that would throw off her judgement. Although she would order a small loaf of bread with bree. Noticing how the townsfolk here were reacting to Rothgars mentions of the places they were headed towards made her curious. However, she would follow after Edwin and sit besides him and the cat. She was quiet, reserved, and in thought. She occasionally looked over her shoulder at people muttering while others laughed as they drank with playing cards in their hands. Joanne sighed and turned back around as she placed her leather gloved hands on the table. Suddenly a plate was placed Infront of her and she sat up a bit. "Thank you." She said as she looked up at the waiter who nodded, "Yes ma'am." However before he could leave she touched his forearm. "Excuse me, but what can you tell me about this Forbidden Forest?" The waiter glanced about the room, "Well lass, there's word about some strange happenin's there you see." The waiter glanced about again before sitting down briefly with a nod, "I don't know what business you have beyond that place, but it can't be good, there'd be living dead walking in that forest. Story goes that some fella' tried to bring his wife back to life and instead brought up the whole graveyard you see? Now, he's cursed to roam that forest till' his wife returns to life or he's out to the grave." Without another word the waiter got up and left. "Good luck to ya'"
Joanne nodded and started eating, her eyes fixed upon the cackling fireplace before noticing the conversation between the feline Midnight and Edwin.

"I agree about the bandits, Midnight." She replied with a soft tone in her voice. "But not that they're stupid, but rather that it was too easy. Why didn't they chase after us?"

Then to Edwin, she'd catch his gaze and nod. "I don't believe it's a coincidence you're here. However unorthodox, I'm grateful for your presence amongst us." She smiled slightly then continued, "I have faith in being lead to the chalice or at least where about it's location could be." She knew the answer however, "If I can find the dragon, then I'll find the chalice." Her eyes returning to the cackling flame. "However, I am afraid." She muttered as her voice seemed to crack and eyes begin to well. "Excuse me." She cleared her throat and brushed her eyes with her hand before continuing back on the topic," May you both fulfill your intentions."

Eeriel (Midnight)
Character Grade - E

"Collecting spells is simply my hobby,"
The cat answered nonchalantly. "Unlike you humans, I'm not bound by anything. Not blood, not job, not society, not Gods. So I'm just doing whatever I want."

As the nun chimed in and joined the conversation, Eeriel raised her hypothetical eyebrow at her words. She knew the nun was looking for the dragon but she just now realized that the nun might actually be serious about it.

"Really, sister? You think you can take down a dragon? There's a fine line between having faith and being stupid," The cat's pupil narrowed as she looks into Joanne's eyes, like a predator assessing its potential prey. "But oh well, if you want to throw your own life then who am I to stop you? Have you checked the crack where the dragon came from?"

Eeriel still remembered the spectacle of power from the dragon. She got a VIP seat as at that time she was doing rat hunting on the offskirt of the city, away from the dragon's wrath while having the full view of those rain of fire and destruction. The dragon wasn't exactly subtle on its entrance so the fissure should be easy to find.

RavenSong RavenSong Maxxob Maxxob

Titles
[Human - Mundane], [Noble Ryke] D, [Apprentice Lancer], Knight [Educated] Color - #6bcdfa

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread RavenSong RavenSong

As Sister Vallenhart asked for more information about the Forbidden Forest, it became clear what they could expect while venturing into it: the undead. While the free-knight had no expertise against monsters in general, having only fought humanoids so far, he assumed it wouldn't be too different. He focused his mind, while being thankfully for ordering a weak ale, already churning possible tactics against the creatures.

He couldn't quite figure, however, why the bandits had, indeed, given up their captive so easily. "Maybe they had pressing matters somewhere else? Although, from the battle scene I came upon the road, of what I assume to have been the nobleman's carriage, it didn't appear to be something done on a whim." He would add about the bandits.

Edwin listened intently to Midnight's answer, understanding she was a collector of the arcanic arts. The idea of being free from duty, expectations and obligations was foreign to him, not quite understanding how his life would be if he also was like that. How could one lead a life like that? What guided each of their steps? But then again, wasn't exactly that possibility he was trying to bestow upon his very sister?

When he heard Joanne's thanks for his presence, he would return her smile. Listening further, as a dragon was mentioned, his emerald eyes would narrow. He couldn't even begin to imagine how would it be to come with clashes against such a fabled creature: what could be done? What tactics could be employed? But, seeing the holy maiden's moment of vulnerability, he would pull back from his inner thoughts. Placed his gauntleted hand on her shoulder in reassurance, while he offered her. "Being courageous is not about being fearless. It is acting despite being afraid." He didn't know the path ahead of them, but he was prepared to thread upon it.

Nodding at the feline she thought to follow up, "I accept your assessment, if I was someone else I'd probably leave the matter to others." She met the cats gaze and leaned further, "You see, there are details that were hidden from me, I believe there's more to that dragon than it simply taking the chalice. I.." she stopped suddenly, "..I risk speaking heresy." Clearing her throat she chose her words carefully. "..there's simply more to it than what the public has been told. As for the fissure.. there's no telling where or how far or even if the tunnel remains intact. I would deem it quite folly to enter through there."

The nun took a few bites from the food placed before her as she listened to Edwin, "Difficult to say whether or not it was a planned attack. I place my faith in Dala to reveal to me what she wills."

WIth that the three would retire from the eatery and head to their beds. Joanne would hiss and winced with pain at her bruises as she laid her body to rest. She would only remove her boots and the window being right next to her bed she'd open it should the cat desire to wander about the inn or on its rooftops. They'd all eventually close their eyes and await the following day. However, Rothgar didn't sleep.

END OF PART 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back