• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

TheTimePiece

Roleplay Artist
Hello! This is a non-canon creative writing submission for the Isekai Hell August 2023 Writing event! If you are interested in fantasy, isekai, or anime feel free to check out the links provided.

---
The group was congregating out in the long wood laced structure across the gray field. A lingering white haze was cast over the ash land which had been torn up, rubble, sandbags, barbed wire and craters littered the land. However this land was not barren for there were people on it, laying down strewn in all kinds of ways. They did not speak or move, but instead were still. Some laid still as if they were gazing at the stars on a nice cool clear night, others were face down or on their sides like they were picnicking in the park.

Despite this there were those who were standing up in the long indents in the earth. Groups of people with wide metallic helmets were congregating lined up facing the direction parallel to the distorted field, in similar attire, symbols denoting rank and file. There was a tension in the air among the group, as people looked from person to person to one another every now and again. Some were shuffling, others inspected their instruments.

Among the group of people in uniform, there was one in particular, his hair was a short black color, completely obscured from the top with his wide brimmed metallic hat. Face clean shaven and pale, eyes a focused red. He didn’t say a word to anyone, a serious expression on his face. It looked like he was waiting along the others for something. But for now he pulled out from under his shirt a plain metallic pendant, which he opened up and gazed upon. It was a black and white portrait level picture of a woman who had long white hair cascading down her back, with striking blue eyes, and fair skin, wearing a blue ornate ball dress. He’d think to himself,

I’ll get through this Eliza..and when every things settled, I promise I’ll be the..not just the man you deserve but the man that you need, I promised that I’d come back and I’ll make true my words, just please wait for me like I said…

It wasn’t long after these thoughts that a somewhat older looking man from the rest of the group in a somewhat more ornate uniform made his way up to the front of the line.

“ATTENTION, this is it lads, we meet them here today, this will be the push we need to finally make a decisive blow through their lines, after our success here today, their line will crumble and we will bring glory to our Emperor, and our wonderful country.”

“No one will be retreating today, do I make myself clear? Desertion will not be tolerated! At the sound of the whistle, up and over, just like we practiced!” The older man explained. During this talking point the one who had been looking at his pendant put it back under his shirt and refocused. After some more time of wait it wasn’t long before the line had gotten into position across the long trench, tools at their sides. Hearts were racing for the upright, the sound of the whistle pierced through the air.

The sound of figures moving from out the trench became commonplace as boots hit the ground and wooden pieces slanting up to act as a makeshift grip to get out, up and over. The red eyed one from earlier joined in, up and over gripping his rifle tightly. Yellows and whites lit up the sky, as did crimson decorating the gray ground. Cries were made, and more people joined those on the field who had been resting quietly.
The ground shook like thunder and was upheaved once more in places as the ever shifting landscape like a canvas accepted more colors and texture. Closer and closer they got to the end of it all, advancing and moving from indent to indent. Adding more bodies to great canvas of those who stood in their way, making more music with their instruments and providing the grandest of light shows to be witnessed.

Driven by their ambitions to succeed, they had come too far not to make their collective future a reality. Now they just needed to pass through Hell’s gate, to truly see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back