• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Selve Village] - Cold Case: A Missing Person!

Welcome to Selve Village

275aecf9ba1fadac906ebf293af620b4.jpg

In its early days Selve was a village for aspiring woodcutters looking to manage the forest and make a living, but these days the village is home to many small families who felt more comfortable living in the near isolation offered by the village's forest. Their guests, when they get any, consists of traders and adventurers, all pf whom are usually just passing through on their way to more important destinations. Not known for its beauty or its culture, even the village chief rarely has any work to do. The village has known relative peace for the past few years, but recently they've had some bad luck.

From vandals and thieves to their recent missing person, it seems that Selve has been forsaken by the gods. The villagers believe they are being targeted by some highborn jerk looking to scare them off the land. Requests for aid from the regional lord has gotten them nowhere so the chief has posted help wanted signs all along the road with a very humble reward

4d63c90c3ae8a4b6065d570122ad9a84.jpg
"Listen everyone!" The chief called out over a crowd of villagers that had gathered in the center of town. "We will go back out tomorrow and check a new area! She's out there somewhere, but we can't find her if we're exhausted. let's all meet back here again tomorrow, same time as usual." With a dark cloud hanging over them, the crowd dispersed and everyone seemed to mumble about the chief's uselessness. The chief himself was vexed beyond reason. People were expecting him to solve this mysterious disappearance, but he couldn't even find the first clue to lead them in the right direction.

Mitsunari had come to the village, like many others, just looking for shelter for the night. He found some degree of comfort being around other beast folk. Unfortunately he had been having trouble accumulating funds and therefore could not afford accommodations even at this town's little inn. Luckily he spotted the help wanted signs posted throughout the woods. While they didn't specify a reward, Mitsunari was optimistic that he could get a night's lodging if he helped them.

With the flyer in hand he started into the village and immediately drew the attention of some of the residents. His singular tail slipped under his black yukata. His sharp eyes swept across the many faces that seemed frozen in place, forever curious. As he paused to look around, the chief spotted him and was just as shocked as his people. but when he saw the flyer hanging in the kitsune's hand he quickly made a point to approach.

"Greetings stranger! Welcome to Selve!" There was hope and and overcompensation of hospitality in the chief's voice, but Mitsunari was receptive to it all the same.

On the edge of the village a little girl crouched down by a tree with a painting and some flowers in her hand. She placed the portrait of her missing sister down and leaned it against the roots of the tree. She then laid the white flowers across the bottom of the frame. "Please forest, bring back my sister. We miss her." As tears rolled down her cheeks she dropped to her bum and started to bawl.

Meanwhile the elderly villagers were gathered and making paper lanterns and the like to help with their search. They whispered back and forth of the old days and the luck they had to have lived in a time of peace. Now they were suffering an abundance of misfortune.

Kain Lief
1638416507854.png

"Can't wait to go to bed!"

"...and that's the last bundle!" Kain chirped happily to himself as placed the bounded sticks into his green backpack. After wearing the backpack, Kain smiled up at the orange fading away from the sky. Dusk was approaching, but that wasn't any problem for him. He knew the forest like the back of his hand after living in for these past couple of years. He felt it was only a matter of time till he'd become part of the forest... whatever that meant. After fastening his backpack once more, Kain merrily skipped along the forest's floor, hopping over rocks and balancing atop fallen trees, all while enjoying the swaying breeze through the forest.

When everything was covered by a dark, purple hue, he noticed a light moving in the distance, which was strange. The village might not be that far away, but at this hour, nobody from the village would be lurking about at this time. Hesitant but curious, Kain slowly tiptoed closer and closer to the source of the light, using his memory of the terrain and a close watch on the ground to keep silent. Upon getting closer, he noticed that the light came from a torch held by shady looking person. Nearby, there were two other similarly shady looking people tagging along. What was even more suspicious was that they weren't even walking in the direction of the village but some random direction. A nervousness appeared in Kain's heart, but his curiosity kept him close the group, allowing to overhear their conversation.

"Grr... I still can't believe your guys gave us the wrong directions," one of the people following the torch man complained. Who were they talking about? As Kain continued to follow, his heart began beating wildly. What was he doing? He shouldn't be here right now! He was going to go home and have some nice rabbit stew!

"Shut up," the guy holding the torch stopped to say, "I know my guys gave the right directions. It's just that you two were too dumb to follow them!" When the torch guy said that, the other two looked about ready to strangle him, but of course, they didn't. As Kain continued to listen, his knees began shivering. He should get back to the base...

"Forget about that," piped the one who hadn't spoke yet, "did your men get everything prepared?" At that the man holding the torch gave a grin.

"Of course, we even kidnapped a person," the torch bearer boasted before continuing their walk. Kain shivered at the mention of kidnapping. Who were these people? Kain wanted to follow them to see where they were going, but at this point, he was far too frightened to do that. Distracted by his fear, Kain began walking carelessly in the opposite direction, and not too long after, a loud snap could be heard from under his foot. Electricity shot down his spine, prompting him to stare back at the group... who were also staring at him.

Without hesitation, Kain bolted without bothering to look back. Behind him, he could hear the footsteps and curses of people chasing after him. How many? He couldn't tell. All that mattered was that he got away. The stangers probably didn't know the forest that well, so using his knowledge, Kain passed through every spot he knew would slow down his pursuers down but not him. Though, it seemed like he underestimated his parkour skills, because when he failed to get over a dead tree in his first try, an arrow of one of the goons grazed his right calf. The pain screamed at him, but the adrenaline was louder, allowing him to get over the dead tree without a hitch. Gradually, the steps grew softer, the yelling became distant, and the arrows began ceasing. He managed shake them off. Looks like his familiarity with the forest managed to save him.

After finding a mostly hidden location under an overhanging rock, Kain sat down panting. Once he regathered himself, he took a look at his leg. Fortunately, he could tell that the wound wasn't that deep, but it was deep enough that it couldn't be fixed by him alone. In a normal situation, Kain would have just taken care of things himself. Yes, the villagers were mostly friendly, but for some reason, no matter how hard he tried, he could never get over his weird fear of people, preventing him from visiting the village too often. This time, however, he needed to overcome that fear, and that's exactly what he did. Without hesitation, Kain began scampering towards the village, thankful that the moonlight decided to show up.

Last edited:
Since the disappearance of their daughter, the men of the village had taken to patrolling during the nights to keep an eye of their people. Under the moon's pale gaze, a single man paced back and forth on the edge of the village with his eyes somewhat low. A full day of searching the woods left very little energy for guarding the streets, but the job had to be done. His mouth stretched open and let out a bellowing yawn that resounded off the forest. It echoed in the village as well, breaking the somber silence that hung over it. As he wiped the tears from his eyes he spotted a small figure approaching the village. The sight filled him with excitement as his first thought was their lost child had found her way back to them and without hesitation he left his post and raced off to welcome the child back.

94aae47a88b4145dbb9318535a2bfe9e.jpg

Mitsunari had made himself at home at the village's modest inn. It wasn't much to look at, but it was better than not having a roof and four walls. He wouldn't get to enjoy it tonight though because tonight he promised to go out and search for the village's missing child. As he slipped on his geta and stepped outside, he inhaled deeply and filled his lungs with the crisp night air. He had no melee weapons with him, just his orb which hung around his neck and a piece of clothing which belonged to the missing girl.

"Welcome hom-" The guard stopped and his excitement quickly faded as the child came into view and was clearly a boy and not a girl. He had considered turning away and leaving the kid to wander, but he spotted the crimson stain on his leg. "Are you hurt kid? Come on, we'll get you patched up inside."

Mitsunari was just heading out when he came upon the scene of the villager and the foreign child. It seemed this region was not friendly to the young, but there was a possibility that this kid may have been an abductee just like their missing daughter. His departure would have to be delayed it seemed. "I have some questions for you as well." Mitsunari declared.

Kain Lief
1638597300677.png

"My calf hurts a bit, but it'll get better!"

Though the jog took some time, Kain eventually could see the soft, warm glow of the village appearing in the distance. Although, however comforting the sight may have been, Kain couldn't help contain his growing nervousness as he neared the village. Near the entrance of the gate, a figure without warning ran towards Kain, terrifying Kain despite knowing it was probably one of the villagers. He would have ran away, but the jogging left him out of breath, forcing him to freeze instead.

"Welcome hom-" the guard announced before suddenly cutting off. When Kain saw the excitement in the man's eyes fade away, the following disappointed gaze stung at. Upon seeing Kain's injured leg, the man asked "Are you hurt kid? Come on, we'll get you patched up inside." When the man reached out a hand, Kain recoiled out of a habit from his previous life, but after pushing against his fears, Kain gave a nervous nod.

"Ye-yes, mister," Kain responded a bit weakly without taking the hand. When the man realized Kain reluctance, he shrugged and motioned Kain to follow. Kain was going to when he noticed another person behind the man.

"I have some questions for you as well." The oddly dressed traveler with a fox-eared hat declared. On first impression, Kain was really close to getting spooked, but then, he felt something... different about this person. It wasn't apparent at first, but the man seemed a bit closer to nature than the ordinary person. While it wasn't enough for Kain to feel comfortable, the feeling did cause Kain to loosen his shoulders just a bit. Kain then nodded.

"What would you like to know, mister fox?" Kain asked in a more open and friendly tone, not realizing that he'd accidentally (or correctly) called the traveler mister fox.

(Note: Kain has 6th sense.)

Last edited:
Seikatsu Mitsunari

Luego de vivir tantas experiencias juntos, ¿Por qué no descansar? Viv… #romance # Romance # amreading # books # wattpad

The guard was thrown a bit by the boy's fearful reaction to his arrival and attempt to assist him. It made him fearful himself, not of the boy, but rather what experiences the boy may have had while out in the woods. If their daughter was to suffer the same fate, would she be able to escape? Nonetheless, the boy was willing to allow them to help him and the villager was ready to return to the inn when their guest showed up suddenly.

A quick glance over the kid revealed that he had a story to tell and when the boy addressed him as Mister Fox he couldn't help but smile. His tails then slipped out the back of his yukata, their jet black color allowing them to mirror the surrounding darkness. Mitsunari could only hope that whatever story he had to tell was relevant to his reason for being out this late. "Mr. Seikatsu.." The guard started. "Could you see him to the physician? I have to get back to my patrols." He went on to explain in a somewhat eager tone.

"Of course." He replied with a nod. He couldn't fault the man for taking his role seriously, it was admirable and he played an important part in the village's safety. "My name is Mitsunari." The kitsune declared as he turned his gaze back to the child. "Why don't you tell me what happened to you while we go find the physician?"

The fox gestured for little one to follow him as he started back towards the village. His brief stay here had been spent preparing for his excursion and that included packing some medical supplies so he knew where the physician was.

Kain Lief
1638676934408.png
"Huh!"

When Kain noticed that the stranger had tails, he titled his head with childish curiosity. The book Kain possessed detailed the different races in the land, but this encounter was the first time Kain had actually met a humanoid that wasn't human. That fact alone was enough for him to feel more at ease with the traveler.

"Mr. Seikatsu.." The guard started. "Could you see him to the physician? I have to get back to my patrols." He went on to explain in a somewhat eager tone.

Upon learning that he'd be left with Mistunari, Kain didn't mind. Rather, he felt a bit delighted that he'd be able to go with an interesting person. Of course, the traveller did look like a human, which did trigger Kain's discomfort around people, but at the same time, the man wasn't a human.

"Of course." He replied with a nod. He couldn't fault the man for taking his role seriously, it was admirable and he played an important part in the village's safety. "My name is Mitsunari." The kitsune declared as he turned his gaze back to the child. "Why don't you tell me what happened to you while we go find the physician?"

Kain nodded, following Mitsunari to the physcian. "I was heading back to base after foraging for food," Kain began, "when I found these weird people." Before continuing on, Kain's expression grew visibly worried. "I think they kidnapped somebody, and they talked about being prepared or something... I got scared, so I was about to go away, but then I stepped on a twig, and then they started chasing me." Then realizing that he was probably concerning Mitsunari, Kain immediately took on a cheery tone and blurted out, "Though, I shook them off, mister Mitsunari, and I'm fine!" Kain put on a brave smile, but a discerning adult could easily tell that the experience scared Kain a lot.

Seikatsu Mitsunari

Luego de vivir tantas experiencias juntos, ¿Por qué no descansar? Viv… #romance # Romance # amreading # books # wattpad

Right away Mitsunari noticed that the boy did not bother to share is name, perhaps a sign of trust issues or maybe even a desire to not form attachments. it was disheartening to think that a child so young might be plagued by either problem. The look on his face seemed wracked with worry, maybe he was afraid still? Rightfully so, children were normally easy victims, but someone seemed to be targeting them in this forest. "You did very well to make it this far on your own and you are safe now, Little One."

It seemed a gang of sorts was operating in the area and their intentions couldn't be more nefarious. This new information changed things as it seemed they had a plan for the child they'd taken and Mitsunari might be working with a deadline. Walking through the village and seeing the empty streets, Mitsunari couldn't avoid thinking about how devastated these people would be if their missing child did not return to them.

Arriving at the physician's home, Mitsunari knocked upon the door and they were greeted by an elderly woman that wore two aprons and a belt of tonics and salves. She spent only a second to look over the two figures in her doorway as the interior candle light illuminated their faces. "Yes? Haven't you already taken all of my supplies?" She asked with a scowl towards Mitsunari.

"I am here to get this one treated for whatever wounds he might have." Mitsunari gestured for the child to enter as the old woman rolled her eyes and stepped aside to permit them entry. "Tell me more about these strangers. How many did you see and did they mention others being with them? I'm here to find the child that they've kidnapped and so i need any information you can give me."

Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait
Dante Verren Dante Verren

Hildegard Karling
63f4386cfb91d03db9533a15284a6ed3.jpg

"Please god, in your infinite grace bestow upon me a quick and timely arrival to the nearest village with a meal and a place to rest my head. Praise be on you o lord in heaven above." Hildegard finished her prayer and rose up off the ground off of her aching knees and back on to her tired feet. Rolling her shoulders she continued to walk through the darkened woods, using only a lantern and her best guess to tell where she was going. The last village she had passed through had told her of another village in this general area, given her directions, and set her on her way. She didn't get the warm meal or nice rest she had hoped, but that just meant it wasn't in her gods design. While her old family weren't anywhere near wealthy, they at least had comfy beds. Still losing a comfy bed was a fair price to pay for being rid of that family of heretics who refused to believe the words of god spoken through her. She scoffed, she should have stolen what gold she could when she was kicked out.

Continuing her lonely walk, Hildegard recited her own personal mantra's out loud . Every now she would flick her hand out as lightning coursed across her fingers. It almost like she was striking out against a foe In front of her. There wasn't any practical reason for this, just that it helped her pass the time . It was also useful for scaring off any potential predators. While she was a lone traveler it made her look like an easy target for anything with nefarious intentions. Some kind of large beast might have thought about jumping her, but if they saw she was combat ready then they might think otherwise. Of course she wasn't truly worried knowing she had the divine protection of her benevolent lord who brought her into this new world.

Hildegard stopped and squinted her eyes off in the distant, she had seen light. Picking her up pace she followed the glow as it grew larger and larger finding in fact the village that she had been given directions to. Sending a silent prayer of thanks to her lord and master, she picked up her pace jogging towards the village and hopefully to her warm bed/meal.

Kain Lief
1638759962695.png

"This is gonna hurt..."

When Mitsunari gave Kain a complement, Kain was tickled pink. That was one of the only few times he's ever recieved a compliment, enough so that Kain thought in silence over what Mitsunari meant. As the two were approaching closer to the physician's house, Kain's nervousness grew. On rare occasions, Kain would get hurt in the wilderness, enough that he'd needed to get patched up. When it happened, he'd come over to the village to visit the physician. However...

As soon as Mitsunari was about to knock on the door, Kain darted behind the fox man but still watched from behind.

...and they were greeted by an elderly woman that wore two aprons and a belt of tonics and salves. She spent only a second to look over the two figures in her doorway as the interior candle light illuminated their faces. "Yes? Haven't you already taken all of my supplies?" She asked with a scowl towards Mitsunari.

The unpleasant, shrill voice caused Kain to flinch. When Mitsunari gave a gesture to the child, Kain ducked a bit but still kept eye contact with the old woman, his face turning beet red from embarrassment and his mouth curling into an awkward smile. "Hello Missus Doctor..." Kain squeaked. At least this time, Kain wasn't the one who'd hurt himself. When the old woman stepped out of the way, Kain moved out from behind Mitsunari and awkwardly waddled over to his chair and sat down with a plop.

"Tell me more about these strangers. How many did you see and did they mention others being with them? I'm here to find the child that they've kidnapped and so i need any information you can give me."

Kain resolutely nodded at Mitsunari's request. As the physician began tending to the wound, Kain started recollecting what he experienced in the forest. "I saw three people," Kain told Mitsunari, "they were pretty weird, and two of them talked about getting lost. I think there's more of them in the for- Ouch!" The woman had just applied a salve that stung at Kain's wound. Upon realizing what was going to happen next, Kain shut his eyes tightly as the physician took out the suture. As soon as the physician poked the needle through his skin, Kain grimaced painfully, his toes curling in his shoes and hands shaking in a tight fist. When the woman finished, Kain relaxed before adding, "I think they have a base somewhere in the forest, but I don't know anything else about them." Kain then grew silent as the bandages were being wrapped around his leg. Kain was thinking about the kidnapped girl. When he learned of the fact from Mitsunari request, a feeling from his previous life began to resurface, and by the time the woman had finished, those feelings completely reemerged.

"...It's great to help people!"

"I wanna help with the finding!" Kain declared, sure that he could help with finding the child.

Last edited:
Seikatsu Mitsunari

As they sat at the mercy of the elderly woman and her tools of medicine, Mitsunari couldn't stop his brain from going back over what he knew of the child and what he could gather from the way the boy carried himself. From his interactions with the two different villagers it seemed that he was very cautious of strangers, but for some reason their own interactions were not so stressed. They had easily traveled to the village and when meeting the physician, the boy took to hiding. He wouldn't say that he was trusted by the child, but something must have made interacting easier for the two of them. It was also clear that the boy was not of this village, which meant he was probably on his own, wherever he came from.

The information that was provided by the child was very limited to his brief interaction with the strangers, but it was still very useful in giving an idea of just what they were working with. "If they're getting lost then that means we're dealing with people not from the area. That would give us an advantage, but we're unaware of their numbers." They had taken one step forward to take one step back. "How far out have the search parties gone from the village?" The fox asked of the elderly woman.

“The searches have gone out as far as 15 miles as of today with no one having found any clues.” As she packed up her instruments, the elderly woman moved to clean her hands in a nearby bowl of water.

While he wanted to say that he wasn’t surprised by the boy’s declaration, Mitsunari was just that. The child had yet to demonstrate an interest in other people yet here he was volunteering for this rescue mission. This situation reminded him of the many days he spent caring for his brother back in the old world. He promised never to become someone’s caretaker again now that he was given a new lease on life. So he would have to leave this child at some point.

“How about you start with your name and where you’re from, Little One.” Mitsunari’s eyes cut down to the smallest person in the room and even the old woman looked over her shoulders at the boy.

4DYJbgic1JihpXDdhYdNGED5fk0XSzFkl5tzxwCRy7cAzidbcYGF0oUfjj_eKhwgxDcyjLoje_YjxTh7NR6bk_RaDZ-pz8S6Z-ir2Zr7EizxDXXJ8MMNCmgsoL_guNDW7_ijFzQC

As Hildegard made her rapid approach to the village, her path was blocked by a mother who resided within. She held tightly in her hands, a pitchfork from her family’s farm and a conviction that buried her fear and reason. “Come no further stranger!” Her farm tool gleamed in the moon’s silver light as she swung it forward to point at the outsider. There was anger in her eyes and a firm grip on her pitchfork which contradicted her poor stance and lack of experience with a weapon of any sorts.

“State your bidness in these woods and what you want from our village? Outsiders ain’t welcomed here.” She grit her teeth and as a light wind danced across the road and through the trees, the woman hardened her gaze. “If I don’t like yer answer, you might die here.”

Hildegard
Interactions: Villager ( LadyOfStars LadyOfStars )

Hildegard's excited jog came to a quick end as she slowed to a halt, the gleam of silver in the night and an angry shout caused her defensive reaction to kick in. Her right hand shot to her hip where the handle of her sword awaited her. She stopped herself from drawing the blade when her mind caught up to the movement of her body, and the realization of who was speaking to her settled in. Standing before her was only a single woman, armed only with a pitchfork. She was not a bandit or even a legitimate guard. From the sound of it she was only an aggressively defensive villager with a gardening tool making threats.

Removing her hand Hildegard relaxed her body and raised it instead in greeting. "Greetings, I am no threat. I am just a traveler who by the grace of the divine is seeking shelter for the night. I am not here to cause any trouble, and if I am lying may the merciful lord strike me down where I stand." As she spoke she placed her right hand over her heart and raised her left hand up to swear her good motivations. While this happened she locked gaze with the other woman, staring straight into her eyes almost daring her to question her sincere gesture of peace.

The fact that this villager was playing guard at this time of night, and that she was so on edge was mildly concerning at the very least. That meant there was likely trouble either already happening or on the horizon. Perhaps her stay here would not be peaceful, but instead would end up with Hildegard being involved in some kind of grand adventure. If there was something going on then that was surely why she found herself here at this very moment. It would be a message from the lord, his first official task to strike out in his name.

Kain Lief
1638841885222.png
"I remember being happy too."

"Mhm," Kain agreed with a nod. "My name is Kain, Kain Lief." Kain stated normally to Mitsunari and the old woman. "I come from the woods... or at least, I think so." Kain paused for a moment trying to piece together how he'd explain where he came from. "I think I come from another world, but I don't remember anything from there." Kain then paused to recollect further details, pressing his index finger on his head as if to poke the answers out of his thoughts. Just when he started to feel uncomfortable, another thing popped up in his head. "I also think I spoke with someone before waking up in the forest, but I don't remember what he said..." Kain added. Other than the feelings leftover from his previous life, Kain couldn't remember anything else, and upon reaching that conclusion, Kain finished with "And that's all I can remember," before shrinking a bit back into his seat out of embarrassment. Normally, Kain wasn't so open about himself, but because Kain trusted the people currently present (Mitsunari for being non-human and the old woman for always tending to his wounds), Kain felt comfortable sharing stuff about himself. The experience was actually a bit liberating for Kain, actually, since he never shared about himself since coming to this world.

4DYJbgic1JihpXDdhYdNGED5fk0XSzFkl5tzxwCRy7cAzidbcYGF0oUfjj_eKhwgxDcyjLoje_YjxTh7NR6bk_RaDZ-pz8S6Z-ir2Zr7EizxDXXJ8MMNCmgsoL_guNDW7_ijFzQC

As the stranger went on to declare her innocence and good intentions the village woman couldn't deny the growing urge to trust her.Slowly she lowered her own makeshift weapon and let out a heavy sigh. "I...I'm sorry/" She muttered as her body started to relax as well. She wasn't even supposed to be on this road, but what could one guardsman do for their village. She had to take matters into her own hands. "This might be...unusual but...We could use the help of a warrior." The woman suddenly confessed.

"One of our children has been taken and we have searched for days with no clues to her whereabouts. Others have shown up to help, but...they carry no weapons to defend themselves with."
The woman then gestured for the outsider to follow her. "Please let me show you to the village and I will explain everything." She said before she started to walk down the road.

Seikatsu Mitsunari

The physician looked at Kain and then to Mitsunari as the boy started to speak about being from another world. she raised her right hand up so as to hide it from Kain's vision and then started to tap the side of her head. Her insinuation that Kain was a little touched in the mind coupled well with her rolling eyes which showed her disregard and disinterest for the boy.
Mitsunari made no comment on either of their words or actions. These days his memories of the old world were fuzzy and he thought very little of the life he once had. He did remember his brother however, and the strain he put on his own life. "Well, it is a joy to have met you Kain." Now that the boy was treated, Mitsunari rose from his seat near the large window and bowed his head to the physician. "Thank you for your assisstance. Come along Little One." fingers lightly wrapped around the door knob and pulled the door open to let in brisk breeze of the cool night air.

The longer they waited to begin their search, the less likely they were to find the girl alive if at all. "We will start with the last place you saw those strange figures in the woods and work from there. It would be good to have one more person in our party, but I fear the villagers are too weary and inexperienced for this. So stay behind me and stay alert."

Kain Lief
1639103728748.png
"Thank you miss!"

Unawares of the old woman's gesture and Mitsunari's thoughts, Kain gave a happy nod in response to Mitsunari's apparent compliment, soon following Mitsunari upon leaving the physician's. Not too long after they left the house, Mitsunari gave a rough rundown of the plan.

"We will start with the last place you saw those strange figures in the woods and work from there. It would be good to have one more person in our party, but I fear the villagers are too weary and inexperienced for this. So stay behind me and stay alert."

Kain nodded in support of Mitsunari's plan. There was just one detail that Kain didn't agree with. "Why do we need to look for them?" Kain questioned, "We can just ask the forest instead, right?" Kain wore a straight face when addressing that to Mitsunari, oblivious to the fact that the notion of "asking" a forest a question was an absurd one. However, as dumb as the statement sounded, Kain inquired of the forest on the regular, often with good success. If the forest could tell Kain where the berries or game are at, then why not some bad guys or a kidnapped girl?

Hildegard
Interaction: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Hildegard relaxed her body fully as the woman stood down. By the grace of god she had seen reason and accepted that Hildegard was in fact only traveling through and meant no harm. The exclamation that their village needed a warrior caused her to raise an eyebrow a bit, but it wasn't all that surprising really. The way she had been acting on edge, and that a villager with a pitchfork was actually standing guard had meant something was wrong. Hildegard had never been in a real life or death battle, but she had trained for most of her admittedly young life. Her own training and divine protection would be enough to help with whatever problem this village was having.

As the woman gave the bare minimum explanation Hildegard's expression darkened. A missing child was troublesome on it's own, let alone when that child disappears without a trace left behind. This was why god had brought her to this village at this time, she was being tasked with aiding in the investigation and retrieval of this child. The warm food and place to sleep would have to wait as the lord's mission would take precedence.

Following behind the woman Hildegard answered eagerly "Tell me everything you know and take me to the others. In the name of the divine I will aid you in anyway I can".

Seikatsu Mitsunari

The woman had led Hildegard to the village center where the other two members of the search party were standing discussing their strategy. She walked with conviction to rival her fears and worries, but chose not to approach the strange duo. "I'm returning to my post now." She quickly said. "I wish you all the luck kind warrior, I'll be praying for your success." With that she stepped away and started back towards the road on which the two had met.

While he listened to Kain's rather unique idea, Mitsunari couldn't ignore the arrival of a new scent to the village, especially once it had gotten so close. His eye broke away from the child to scan the village center and find a villager with another outsider. This woman seemed capable, if her appearance was anything to go by. She was just what their party would need to improve their odds of success in this endeavor.

"I assume you too have come to join in the search for the missing girl?" The fox said aloud to the woman with a smile on his face. "We were just discussing strategy so please, join us." Lazily he gestured to the child beside him and then back to himself. "This is Kain and I am Mistunari. Kain was just about to explain his idea." He announced.

Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait Dante Verren Dante Verren

Kain Lief
1639183840145.png

"He-hello..."

Upon noticing that the villager was bringing along a woman geared in knightly armor, Kain grew slightly anxious, his usual reaction towards strangers. Though, as the traveler got close enough, Kain thought he felt something... familiar, but the longer Kain dwelt on the sense, the more he realized her aura wasn't like Mitsunari's. It felt more jagged, more assertive, and certainly unpleasant to Kain. By the time the lady joined their group, Kain was not any calmer, and when Mitstunari mentioned that Kain was about to explain what he was going to do, Kain immediately darted his head towards Mitsunari and back at the woman before shuffling backwards a tiny bit.

"He-hello miss," Kain stuttered, putting his hands behind his back and dipping his chin a bit. "I-I'm Kain, and I-I can ask the forest where the kidnapped missy is." That was about as much as Kain could muster for the moment. Kain felt really bad that he didn't give the traveler a warm welcome, especially because she was a lady. In his head, he attempted to scold the feelings from his past life for causing him to be rude and shy to nearly everyone...

The Oni
895B92E7-030F-4669-952E-213498414B05.jpeg
Irushima must admit, he was a bit late to the search party for the unpleasant timing for a poor woman who had recently gone missing. Though besides that, he felt he would be a great aid for the search party, with him able to smell the scent of blood from afar distance, he was observing who was in the search party with him, as he could tell there was a very tall woman, she looked like she knew a thing or two of what the current situation was and the recent information everyone had learned. Next, there was a shrimpy like boy next to her communicating with the two woman, the boy looked quite innocent and couldn’t harm a fly but it was wrong to assume. After that, there was another woman who had blonde like hair and some armor on her, she looked like she was apart of some enforcements for the lands.

He had decided to interact with the three people he was observing from afar. As he walked to the three he had a strong and straight back posture. As he approached them he would decide to get straight to businesses,”Greetings you three, my name is ‘The Oni’ from a legend someone had told me about, though I’d like to be referred as simply,’Oni’ it seems there might be some valuable information you could share with me?” He talked in a firm and strong tone hinting he was here to find this girl and end this missing person case.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait Dante Verren Dante Verren

Hildegard Karling
interactions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait Knight boi Knight boi

As the woman led her into town Hildegard came face to face with the current search party, and by the looks of it the party wasn't that large. There was a child, and some kind of partial animal looking traveler. One of the beast races no doubt. In her studies as a young girl she had read about the beast races, yet never really had the opportunity to interact with one too much. Aside from looking out of place in a human village, the fox like man's clothing was also very unique. As the villager excused herself, Hildegard turned to give her a bow "By the grace of the lord I thank you for your prayers."

When the woman was gone Hildegard turned to look at new companions gathered around. She listened as the beastly man introduced himself and the boy and what the current situation was. Nodding her head Hildegard in confirmation of their introduction she kept a serious face. "Hildegard, I am honored to meet you Mitsunari and Kain" she took her time pronouncing Mitsunari's name. For what ever reason the name sounded somewhat familiar by so foreign at the same time. So she had to take her time with it. "My lord has seen fit to place the task of locating the lost girl in my hands, as it is my sworn duty to follow his guidance I will lend you all the aid I can." Turning her sharp gaze onto Kain specifically she watched the nervous bot shuffle in place and speak of his power. Allowing a bit of a smile she spoke to Kain. "That is wonderful to hear. If the forest can point us in the right direction then this will be an easy task. The lord will truly smile upon you for your gifts Kain."

Feeling in a much better mood a sudden darker presence caused her body to once more be on alert. A large dark figure with some kind of monstrous face approached them. Almost on instinct her hand went to her sword though she did not pull the weapon free just yet. Her eyes narrowed as she locked her gaze upon the stranger, a man who identified himself with a rather long and confusing name yet shortened it to Oni. Another strange word. "Mighty arrogant to assume we have anything for you" she commented making her caution known.

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"He feels like blood."
Interactions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Dante Verren Dante Verren Knight boi Knight boi

Upon hearing Hildegard's cheer over his ability, Kain blushed a bit, easing up as lifted his face towards the woman. Now a bit calmer, Kain could now recognize a certain dependability from the woman, which assured Kain that she was okay.

"Thank you miss..." Kain muttered shyly while bowing slightly, "I'll go ask the forest right now." Just before Kain was about to go, he suddenly felt something approaching the group. Seeing Hildegard's reaction confirmed to Kain's intuition. When the creature was finally close enough to see, it's frightful appearance drew shivers down Kain's spine. Kain, frozen in fear, began feeling the creature's aura. It was tinged with blood. Spooked, Kain instinctively moved behind Mitsunari while holding onto a piece of Mitsunari's clothing. Kain, tuned out of the conversation, stared at the Oni as a scared child would, but as he continued, Kain slowly realized something. Though the Oni's atmosphere was certainly bloody, it wasn't really hostile. This observation prompted Kain to look up at Mitsunari while tugging on his garb.

"I don't think he's a bad guy..." Kain spoke up, interrupting whoever was speaking at the time. "I think he should be fine."

Seikatsu Mitsunari

Hildegard. She seemed a capable, trustworthy, and dependable woman, at first glance. Her religious nature could mean there was more to her than this simple air of purity that she projected. Fanatics wee some of the most dangerous people in the world. While Kain seemed to be warming up to the woman, Mitsunari felt there was too little known about her to trust her just yet. He cold only hope that she was not a wolf in sheep's clothing, a devil in disguise.

Speaking of devils, Hildegard showed that she wasn't quick to trust when one more figure arrived. Oni as he called himself was a reminder of the old world for Mitsunari. Nostalgia would not cloud the kitsune's mind though. There was also Kain's frightened response to the stranger that kept Mitsunari from disappearing into his memories. He glanced down at the child and then back to Oni. The creature seemed open and that went a long way with the fox.

"We are all strangers drawn here by the idea of helping those in need, let us not be distracted by our differences or lack of information of one another." He said, finally speaking up and choosing to refocus the group. Mitsunari placed his hand on the top of Kain's head and his eyes traveled back and forth between Hildegard and Oni.

"We believe that we're working on a deadline so we most be quick with our search for the girl and careful in our retrieval of her. Kain has seen firsthand who our enemies are and we know there are at least three adult men involved in the girl's disappearance. What they plan to do with her is still a mystery however." Now that everyone was up to date on the gathered info thus far, Mitsunari nudged the top of Kain's head.

"You can lead the way as we begin the search, but should a fight breakout take cover and leave the fighting to us." He removed his hand from Kain's head and gestured for the boy to take the first steps.

Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait Dante Verren Dante Verren Knight boi Knight boi

The Oni
C2D9AB6D-3EC5-43E4-81D9-86E4E0D81796.jpeg

As the Oni made conversation with the three he took of note that the blonde woman didn’t like him at all from his appearance and even dared to draw for her weapon. He was slightly offended that she hated him for his appearance and what he looked like for being a demon and a ‘monster.’ Though it did catch his curiosity as he chuckled to himself

,”
Are you threatened by my appearance ma’am? I would say it’s quite rude but I’ve been treated far worse before and even treated far worse than this.”

He said this in a calm yet somehow scary tone of voice. Though as the tall man gave him so valuable information he thanked him for him not treating him like the woman did. He looked down to look at the little kid, he was slightly proud of the little one who wanted to help and do his best to find this girl.

“I shall put my efforts in, and try my best also to find this woman, though I fear that the worst might’ve come, I’ll let you all know if I smell any sort of wounds or blood in our efforts to search for the woman. If she’s alive I give her my respects for being strong.”

The Oni was quite a interesting figure, from his appearance he looks like a terrifying monster who attacks the innocent, but he was actually a respectable and honor full man who resembled a true warrior and a soul of good.

As he learned that the small boy could leak to the life of the forest he was highly interested in this and took note of the boys ability’s and nodded in approval and respect.

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"This way!"

Upon feeling Mitsunari's hand atop his head, Kain's face reddened a bit as a feeling of safety gently covered him. Despite everyone here being a complete stranger, they were all really interesting, enough so, that Kain wanted to stay with them. He felt that, perhaps, this group was what he longed for while being in the forest these past couple of years.

Now that everyone was up to date on the gathered info thus far, Mitsunari nudged the top of Kain's head.

"You can lead the way as we begin the search, but should a fight breakout take cover and leave the fighting to us." He removed his hand from Kain's head and gestured for the boy to take the first steps.

"Mhm, I'll do my best," Kain assured, immediately walking out of the village to one of the nearby trees. Like he always did, Kain gently patted the tree before pressing his head and a hand lightly against its bark. Then, before speaking, a small, green illumination began to glow where Kain touched the tree. "Hello, forest," Kain whispered, "Thank you for listening all these times. A missy has been taken away... she's from the village. Could you tell me where she is? We need to save her and beat up some bad guys." As he waited for a response, Kain suddenly felt that whatever answer he got, it would be a good one.

Lucky has been activated. Lucky has been activated again. All available activations have been used. You may not use Lucky until after it has been recharged. Your request and relation with the forest has called a creature to your aid. (Kain can't hear the meta-information)

After a short silence, Kain suddenly felt a small presence in the area. Immediately, Kain moved away from the tree to look around, darting his head back and forth, but as he did, he couldn't see anything around him. Usually, Kain would have gotten a feeling towards a general direction, or nothing at all, but he's never received a response of this kind before. Unsure of whether he'd made a mistake or not, Kain was about to ask again when a strange breeze picked up around them. A gentle swaying of the trees, a soft rustling of the grass, a distant hooting of the owl, all around the group, the music of the night began playing, perhaps (or not) making a few of them forget the weight of the situation. Kain, however, was attentive to the forest so that he may decipher what it meant. After pondering for a moment, Kain realized that the strange breeze was blowing down in the direction of the forest path.

"I think the forest wants us to go down this way," Kain suggested as he pointed down the forest path. Then without further prompt, Kain then began walking down that direction, as if bewitched.

Last edited:
Hildegard Karling
interactions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait Knight boi Knight boi

As Mistunari and Kain both spoke in Oni's defense she let go of the handle of her blade, leaving it to rest in it's scabbard. She would not strike first, but would keep an eye on the stranger while they worked together. In response to his comment her eye twitched and she bit her tongue slightly to keep her mouth shut. Both the name and appearance of the creature felt somewhat familiar to her, but she could not place it. All she knew was that it gave her a bad feeling. It was the type of feeling that she got when picturing a demon, a demon in the way of god's design. Truly this must be a test of her resolve by her lord, to pair her with an ominous creature such as Oni, and she would not fail.

-----------------------------------------

Hildegard followed the other three outside of the village to the edge of the forest. As Kain performed what ever miracle he was about to perform, Hildegard had her own prayer to say. With eyes closed she put her hands together she whispered her words of devotion to the power above. "Lord above grant us your strength so that we may rescue this innocent girl. Let you wisdom guide us, your courage strengthen us, and your righteousness sharpen my blade. I swear to you now that neither monster nor man will stop me from returning her home. Praised be upon you." As she finished her prayer felt the slight tug of a gentle warm breeze.

Opening her eyes she was welcomed to the sight of the forest awakening around her. The tree's swayed back and forth, grass was blown by the gentle warmth of the wind, her own hair mimicked the light back and forth motion. Even the animals began to sing into the night as the birds chirped away. It was as if Kain really had performed a miracle. She could perform magic, but this was different. Quickly she gave a silent thanks to her lord before drawing her sword free from it's sheathe. "Well done Kain!" she complimented the boy as he began walking the direction he had motioned in. Moving faster now she caught up and followed beside the boy, a new vigor in her step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back