• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Kruhrin Village][Ciu'nan]Orson's Feast I

Crymaria nodded her head as the group started to head toward their destination. She looked around the town as they passed by the populace as they started to cook their food. Looking back over her shoulder she saw some go into the tavern, something she would have to ask about later. Though she was going to guess most of them were probably the ones who didn't eat meat. Crymaria continued to follow them as they made their way along the torch-lit path heading toward what looked to be a windmill.

As the rabbit came into view Crymaria looked over at Boris as she thought the town was mainly home to bear beastkin though that didn't seem to be the case. Though the rabbit's size could be deemed concerning or deceiving depending on how you looked at the matter. When she told them to stop, she stopped in her place reaching behind her to pat Boris between his ears as the elves and rabbits conversed. "I thought you had already set up a meeting," Crymaria stated as she simply shrugged as the Rabbit now turned her attention to her.

"I would say Comrade that being with them is a bit of a stretch, we didn't travel here together now. But they said they were going to speak with the council so I thought I would tag along. Comrade Boris and I were simply along for the ride trying to find out more about the situation," Crymaria explained as she took a few steps forward to close the gap a little bit.

mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead

1a81383f946d3e8a8bb8c34090de8ea3.jpg

eaa2f72e8328eb40bb803163b54cc185.jpg
"I see," said the rabbit, nonplussed. "In that case, if you have no business with the council, I'll have to ask you to return down to the plaza." Her tone maintained its pleasant disposition, but her directness was enough to take anyone aback. A large but slender paw suddenly came to rest on the rabbit's shoulder as two larger figures lumbered into view behind her.

"Really, Beni, must you be so cold to our guests?" spoke a voice softened with age. The shadows behind her came into the torchlight to reveal an aged female panda and a larger male bearkin. The many bearkin idling along the path to the windmill suddenly perked up at the panda's voice and began gathering around. Beni the rabbit backed away as the bears flocked to the newcomers. Many began calling to the aged she-bear.

"What has the council decided, Mother?"
"How fares Jia, Mother Bao?"
"Mama Bao, will the festival still go on?"

The she-bear called Bao raised her hands to quiet everyone. Even the elves perked up at the concern shown by the bearkin.

"As many of you have heard, Master Jia and one of his attendants were injured earlier this evening while transporting his contribution to the sculpting contest back to town. The sculpture fell on Jia, crushing his legs. His attendant also was partially crushed while trying to catch the sculpture. Jia will be bedridden for quite some time. His attendant...has yet to wake. As for our decision regarding the feast, I will allow Misha to explain."

At this point, the elderly she-bear stepped aside as the larger he-bear stepped forward. The deep tones of his voice rumbled out of his throat, but a discerning individual could tell even this bearkin was older, somewhat lacking the edge and vitality of his younger years but not having totally lost his strength to age.

"Due to Jia's injuries, he will not be able to oversee the contest of cunning this year. Unfortunately, the incident also partially destroyed what would have been his submission. Since we have no one who can replace Jia, Bao and I feel it best to not have a contest of cunning this year. The rest of the feast will go on as usual."

e807e518bc412ea427862b2c9352bc55.jpg

Misha's words were met with murmuring and disappointed exclamations. The elves joined in this sentiment, but for a different reason.

"Masters," hailed the lead elf, "pardon my intrusion. I am sorry to hear of Master Jia, but our business has very much to do with him unfortunately. You see, we have come from Houisil to see if we might commission some of your artisans to help us construct taller buildings. Our town is experiencing unprecedented growth as of late due to the state of affairs further south, as well as the ongoing persecution of our neighbor, the East Empire. We would have very much appreciated Master Jia's oversight as well."

Bao nodded her head understandingly. Misha folded his arms as a thoughtful hum escaped his nostrils. Beni looked around for a moment before speaking up.

"Those who have no further questions for the council should return to the feast. We don't want to cause guests to worry by means of this large gathering."

The bearkin began shuffling off. Bao looked to everyone as a small chuckle escaped her.

"Rest assured that your matter is being considered, elfkin. We won't have an answer for you tonight, so why not try to enjoy yourselves for now? Come, I'll find something more suitable to your palate at my abode. Jia and his assistant are staying there as well, so it will help me keep an eye on them," said Bao leading the way back down to town.

Misha came alongside Crymaria and Boris.

"Newcomers, welcome to Kruhrin. I am Misha, captain of the guard here in Kruhrin. That is Bao, our chief healer, and you've already met, Beni," he gestures over his shoulder at the rabbitkin following behind them, "who helps keep us on task and functions as scribe and courier when necessary. The injured one we were just discussing, Jia, is head of our artisans and hunters. Together we are the council of this great mountain city of Kruhrin. The night is still young, so I encourage you to partake in our feasting. Tomorrow will start the contest of strength."

Status
Time: evening
Weather: cloudy

4431a8aa8d619940d00f63343e45b346.jpg

Crymaria listened to the councilors speak on matters at hand, How big are these scriptures if they crushed someone? Granted that most of the people here are bearkin that would mean that it crushed one of them. She thought to herself, pondering the question in her mind. When her thoughts were cut off by the elf group leader who had come to speak with the council. Though it didn't seem like he was going to get much of anywhere, especially with so many questions about the festival that was starting tomorrow. Though from what she heard it seemed like the council still had much to go over.

Crymaria leaned against Boris as she pondered on it for a few moments before pushing the thoughts from her mind when Misha approached her.
"I'm Crymaria and this is Comrade Boris, its a pleasure to meet you, Comrade Misha," she greeted the bearkin with a little bow. Though she the contests were foreign to her as she had never been to this mountain city. "So several people were crushed by scriptures, right? They would have to be quite large for that to happen," Crymaria stated out loud as she started to pet Boris.

"Well I believe Comrade that we all have someone or know someone who will keep us on track no matter what we want to do," Crymaria chuckled as she looked over toward the Rabbitkin. "Comrade Boris and I are new to this land, what are these contests that you speak of? I know one of them is going to be canceled but seeing as the council seems to organize them I was hoping you would be able to tell me more," she stated curious to find out more about the festival.

mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle

Misha's eyes stared absently ahead as his head nodded with Crymaria's words. Beni coughed, prompting Misha that the girl was in fact asking him something. He suddenly turned to Crymaria as his eyes widened slightly, trying to discern what she had asked. A large paw scratched behind his right ear.

"I'm sorry, young one. It has been a...tiresome day. This business with Jia came as quite a shock for Bao and I. Of course, the festival is going on as well...." Misha sighed as he trailed off.

Beni came alongside Misha.

"The girl was introducing herself, Master Misha. This is Crymaria and her bear Boris," Beni informed.

"Ah," Misha said, turning from Beni to the human on his other side, "Crymaria and Boris? What unusual names! Perhaps our names sound just as odd to you? Most of our people migrated to this region from Kuridan. That was when my grandfather was still just a cub. Where are you from, Crymaria?"

Night had finally come to the mountain city. They reentered the plaza as red hanging lanterns overhead were being illuminated. Some groups still huddled around the roasting fires, but many had taken seats on stumps and half logs fashioned into benches. Others sprawled out on the ground along the fringes of the plaza.

On the far side of the plaza, a crowd had gathered as a group of bears began climbing on top of one another to form a pyramid. The crowd gasped and cheered as the bearkin struggled to hold themselves together.

"The contests?" Misha repeated. "They are the pillars of our community: strength, wisdom, and cunning. We host them during Orson's Feast every year to measure who of our kin excels in these areas. The winners of these contests will be considered as possible replacements for Jia, Bao, or myself on the council when the time comes." Misha suddenly laughed. "We should have a fourth contest to find a suitable replacement for Beni as well."

"Hmph! They can
try to replace me!" Beni spoke up. Her ears stood erect as her nose pointed a little higher.

The crowd around the bear pyramid stepped back as a second group of bears began trying to stack themselves even higher than the first group. More cheers erupted from the onlookers.

Status
Time: night

Crymaria nodded her head as Misha spoke, "Well Comrade, festivals tend to bring others together even in the darkest of nights; fires and food are always welcome no matter the place." As Misha continued to explain the city Crymaria nodded her head. So these people were refugees of sorts, though he never said they left because they had to. Which probably means they left on their own, looking for a better environment. She thought to herself, bringing her hand up to her chin as she heard her name spoken.

"Well Comrade, that is more complex than one might imagine. In short, I'm from a small village in the northern part of Ryke. A heavily forested area for the most part some farmland though as we are further north the growing season for us is a little shorter than most of the Ryke," Crymaria explained leaving out the part of her being from another world. As she was sure that it would confuse most of the residents of this world to say the least. As the sun set she continued to walk beside the elder as lanterns and fires dotted the city.

"So you could say that these pillars are a sort of test to determine who holds the community and its values above themselves? Though, I'm sure Bearkin live a long time though, if this feast if held every year then how it it decided on who will take the position? Is it who ever won the contest prior to the next one held?" Crymaria inquired as she found the whole thing to be a little confusing if that was the case. Though she had seen stranger ways of people being put into leadership positions.

mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle

Misha led them over to a roaster that was cooking a cow on his spit. The councilbear held up two fingers to the cook to indicate two portions. The cook in turn pulled a carving knife from a piece of leather laid out beside him. Deftly slicing into the knees of the hind legs, he cleanly detached both shanks. Misha took one for himself and offered the other to Crymaria then to Boris if she declined. He hungrily gnawed on his as Crymaria told of her home.

"Mmm...," came a sound signifying both enjoyment of his morsel as well as acknowledgement of Crymaria, "My grandpa spoke of the forests lining Ryke's northern border. He believed they had stepped into the very domain of Orson himself when they reached Ryke. All of the trees here are much taller than in Kuridan. Wider and sturdier too. Rykean wood is to thank for much of our construction here in Kruhrin. There was also the bees..."

At this point Beni perked up and wormed her way between Misha and Crymaria.

"Master Misha why don't you deliberate between these teams? Such effort should be rewarded by a deliberation from the councilbear of strength himself." Beni suggested.

Misha looked down to Beni then to the striving towers of bears. A grin hoisted his jowls as his chest puffed slightly.

"You're absolutely right, Beni!" Misha exclaimed before parting the crowd and addressing the teams valiantly stacking themselves. Upon Misha getting involved in the contest, more onlookers pressed in to see how things turned out.

Beni remained by Crymaria.

"You'll have to pardon Master Misha. He's a bit weary from the day's preparations. His already tall tales from the past get even taller with his fatigue." said the she-rabbit apologetically. "As well as his tendency to ramble. In any case, I trust you'll find the contest tomorrow to your liking. If you'll excuse me, I must check in with Lady Bao."

Beni bowed to Crymaria, the bobbles decorating the circlet on her ear jangling as her scarves drooped down a bit. She straightened and turned in one smooth motion before squeezing through the crowd. A woman with one arm in a sling and a horned animal skull on her head met Beni in the way. After a short exchange, they walked off together.

Status
Time: night

ISEKAI HELL GRADE

Aftermath
The various groups arrived at Orson's Feast, the City is in full spirits as the preparations are made underway. However the recent issues with some of the city's Elders has caused concern amongst the city as one of them has been injured. While the festival typically has 4 events its currently down to three events leaving a councilor spot without a successor. Still, the feast goes on in spite of that as many vendors and travelers are arriving in the city to experience the contests.

Rewards

Clyvelle - 26 Points to any character

Crymaria - 37 Points

Yohdor- @ or DM me for a grade on this RP

Ingenium- @ or DM me for a grade on this RP

Clyvelle Clyvelle Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead EMIYAman EMIYAman

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back