• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Stonewall Town] (Caelia Barony) - The Start Of Something New

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell universe. Check the links above to learn more about it.

The RP will follow a fairly strict 48 hour (faster where possible) posting time between rounds, starting directly after each narrator post. Missing a round might not be the end of the world, but it's preferable you attempt to keep up with the pacing as much as possible. The RP is intended to be short and free-form. Different 'sections' of the RP might end up moving at different paces, so that multiple converging stories can happen in one thread.

Events take place after The Postlude and Forging for Tails.

Goals for this RP:
  • Establish Stonewall as the capital town of Caelia Barony.
  • Introduce some key NPC's regarding this town.
  • Establish the relations of PC's to this town, its NPCs and the overall barony.
  • Work on fixing and improving the barony and its associated assets.
  • Bringing over Regula's mother, Rosalia, to join the town.
New goals may be added upon their IC introduction by involved characters.

Stonewall
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Capital Town: Stonewall.
IzRAp6D.png

Regula
6nJE2op.png
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Retili conman2163 conman2163

Regula's mind was a bit jumbled, all things considered. She'd really gained a barony, but now that she arrived here, it looked like things were rather messy... at best. She'd heard the rumours that the keep and barracks weren't in the best state and that the entire barony had fallen into disrepair, but seeing it with her own eyes was different from merely hearing about it. Still, that shouldn't discourage them, right?

She turned to her companions. Her right-hand woman, Aria and her recently hired advisor, Retili. “Well, it looks like this will be our home for the foreseeable future.” She spoke to them as she walked through the gates of the town, looking around. The first thing that greeted them was a tavern with an inn and stables attached to it. Further on in was a central plaza with a fairly large well, with a general store and smithy nearby. She could see the barracks and keep as well, although as she'd been warned, they were indeed in a bit of disrepair. The rest of the town seemed to be residential buildings. Although their group got some eyes on them, it seemed like nobody had caught on to the fact that their future baroness had walked in just now. “What do you two think we should do first?” She had some ideas, but she really wanted to hear other opinions.

The list of things 'to-do' was already long, but it'd just grown. Meeting the townsfolk. Repairing the keep and barracks. Getting the walls in more proper order. Visiting the villages in her domain. Having that census... Some of those thing were fun, others not so much. Besides, there was another issue. The wings on her back had finally grown in properly. No longer was she carrying around deformed feathered appendages! It'd be quite the reason to celebrate. Except she had no idea how to use them... Another thing on the very long to-do list. Then there was another thing to worry about. She'd sent message to Pierre with an important request: to help her mother move into this new barony. With her political status increasing, she'd grown worried someone would eventually try to use her mother as leverage or blackmail, so she'd rather keep the one person in her family closer to her.

On the topic of that one person...

FRdyvIS.jpg
Mentions: Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

Pierre would've gotten message from Regula, asking him to bring over her mother to Stonewall, a town in the County of Sadek in the newly named Caelia Barony. His status as [Supplyiere - Sentient Supply Transport] was called upon, with a request for him to transport the one thing Regula held the most dear. That said, he'd face hardship almost immediately. The streets had been narrow, but he would've been able to go through, but he had no way of actually entering the actual house. It'd be up to him to see how he could summon Regula's mother, Rosialia, to meet him outside.

[Supplyiere - Sentient Supply Transport] Pierre's loyalty towards assisting with material transporting to Rossle's forge, or other heavy items to transport upon Regula's bidding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pierre Rothel - - > ||Rosalia|| Elvario Elvario
1674075694015.png

{Familial Front: Operation 'Fortunate Mother'}

In the time periods between such events that Pierre was last narratively seen, life had staggered into a stream of uneventfulness. Ranging from idle drives along dirt paths and admiring the scenery, to lazing away in random ponds, away from civilization on his own accord while contemplating life. So far, it fueled a sense that he could be doing better things than this, yet held no motivation to actually do it. Was his mind deteriorating to the average construct thought process? Or was this some side in his mental realm trying to steer him away from the obscurity he feared to fade into?

Too bad no one familiar nor friendly was there to answer. But how
convenient it was for that message calling his hand to reach him successfully. 'Well,' He thought. 'Time to make use of this body.

Which then brings us to now: Tight straights, tighter turns, impatient people beckoning him to hurry up, etc. He could only shake his turret in slight annoyance. Talking back wasn't worth it; it'd only cause more problems which his own. And this was already his physiology alone!

Upon reaching the destined building, (Which was mostly to his relief after taking on an insufferable right turn) He would stop short of door, leaving space for it to open but within range of his hands.

'Okay.. We're here, but.. Had Regula informed her mother of me?' This was a concern that his mind noted in significance, as disembodied knuckles rapped 3 times on the door.

"Only one way to find out.." He muttered cautiously.

1674094990547.png
Amanda Steelhaven

Amanda had arrived in Stonewall two days before the Baroness, with it reasonably close to her hometown the travel hadn't taken her anywhere near as long as she had expected. Though in all honesty, the town itself left quite a lot to be desired. Aside from the keep and barracks, the wall itself was the only real asset the town had going for itself. There were no signs of any serious industry sector and the only store available within the walls was that of general goods. All this combined with the current state of the Barriks and Keep and it didn't take an expert to understand the Baronys economic forecast was to be dire.

Standing by the well, Amanda hummed quietly to herself, a small notebook held open in her right hand. With a piece of charcoal in her left, the woman seemed to be focused on drawing something, pausing every so often to gaze at her work. If anyone were to look over her shoulder they would find a rough schematic of a grain silo and mill slowly coming to life on the right-hand page. Further, one would find an already-finished sketch of farmland plots situated near the eastern gate on the left page. The land sketched however did not match the current plot of land, instead, it showed hedges and fences where none currently were as well as a long log house labelled 'Bunkhouse'. The work wasn't perfect given the nature of sketching but as a proof of concept, the intent was clear as day. Amanda was sketching building concepts, concepts particularly primed for outside the walls of the town.

And given her focus to her work, it was unlikely the girl would have her attention stolen away without direct confrontation. Absorbed in her sketching and humming away to herself with a happy tune.
Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong conman2163 conman2163

Last edited:
Ryan Kylieth

After the success that was his adventure on Aslan, Ryan quickly got on the road to head home. On his way there, he noticed various signs of a barony needing help. They happened to need artisans, and he could manage that on two fronts. It sounded like a lot of work is going to be needed, though. But if that trip to the library taught him something, was that he would get stumped in his work if he stayed within his comfort zone. And it just so happens Ryan's comfort zone is small. Nevertheless, once he was back home, he discussed the situation with his father. And while he was sad his son was already at the point where he wanted to venture into the world on his own, he was happy to see him so determined, so he wished him a safe trip and success on his efforts.

Now at Stonewall, Ryan was quick to notice that most buildings were not in top shape. In order to not appear rude if someone was already working there. He stole glimpses of the smithy, trying to gauge how much work would it need, if it needed work at all. In his exploration of the walled city, he didn't stumble into many people. And the ones he did, looked like normal townsfolk. This place was nothing like Ryken's capital, but it was still more worth talking about than his village.

As Ryan walked back to the center of the town, the same lady from the well he has seen there for a while now was busy doing something on a notebook. He was building the courage to ask her about the Baroness, when he saw a small crew nearby, which relieved him. They seemed to come from elsewhere too, and they weren't alone, so Ryan didn't need to speak to a single potential high standing person directly.

Ryan approached the group and tried to call their attention, while also calming himself, by clearing his throat. "Excuse me. Do you happen to know if the Baroness is here? I work metals, mythril included. And I read this place was in need of helping hands." He seemed somewhat nervous, but he managed to keep a professional tone.

Elvario Elvario conman2163 conman2163 RavenSong RavenSong Uasal Uasal

Retili Loxinofican
Elvario Elvario Valkan Valkan Uasal Uasal

Retili marched beside Regula with his minions splayed out behind them in double column formation. The honor guard of Zentail looked impressive as they marched, with ten carrying rifles and another five carrying pikes. Retili for his part kept his hood and veil up, jealous of the features of his countrymen's uniforms that kept them safe from the sun. He crossed his arms as they entered the plaza and looked around. He wondered if he had picked the right employer. He rather remembered thinking Linneus might be able to carry him to the top if he held on to him, but did Regula and her ratty barony have what it took? He wondered to himself quietly. He made an honest assessment of the area though. The barracks and keep would be big ticket repairs, but the walls probably needed to be a priority as well. He gestured to the keep, the tallest building in the town. "Your keep should likely be repaired first Lady Regula. It's a center of administration and a final defense point and will be a boon to your cause if it is properly cared for." His flicked over as a man approached and he cleared his throat. The minions nearby didn't move to attack the man or even appear overtly hostile, but they did move their rifles from shoulders to in hand. It would be a clear enough warning he thought. "This is the Baroness's party. Might I enquire as to your name?" He called back.

Last edited:
POST TRANFORM ARIA .png
In the time before entering with Regula's new Barony, Aria had fulfilled her promise of joining the military ranks, just as it was promised bye her fathers letter, she was given a higher rank and position along with the necessary knowledge a high ranking officer would be known. She was a bit more, polished; refined. The rigorous training she had to endure toughened her in ways only a seasoned soldier would be. Furthermore, paired with her sworn fealty as knight of Caelia, she was fairly higher up in authority second only to the Baroness herself. Although these titles were merely formalities in her mind, Aria considered herself merely the same as before. Defender of the People. Which in the maidens eyes, was a title of merely a servant.

It seemed that after such a long time, Aria was finally in a position to really influence decisions, having fought and endured so much Aria walked behind Regula alongside the addition of Retilli. After entering through the entrance of what made up the central square, it wasn't very much to look at. Surely not even as run down as her own Highgrove Village in what was formerly Light Territory. Nonetheless, she smiled, she could see the immense potential, but also the arduous task of building up a prosperous place that would someday be the envy of the country. Thats perhaps, a bit lofty. Aria thought to herself in presence of such ambitious thinking. Let's take it one step at a time.

"No place like home, m'lady." Aria replied in her usual way as she looked around. "Everything begins somewhere."

Aria briefly searched for a carriage, or someone who appeared to look like a banker. Notably for the note that was promised upon her arrival here. Should they attempt to lift this place off the ground, it would require quite a bit of [Wealth]. However, she likely only had enough for the smaller investments.

"I would be pleased to take a closer at the Barracks, m'lady. Considering, building up our militia would be my first priority I'd like to see what I'm working with."

Just then a stranger called out to them, Aria turned to look, and tilted her head a bit. He didn't seem like he was from around here obviously standing out just about as much as the company she was with did as well. Not to mention the guards that accompanied them. "He's a smithy." She whispered, closer to Regulas ear as the troop gestured their display of non threatening defense.

Looking out towards the man who called out, Aria would notice another sitting and drawing with intensity into her notebook, but only briefly before resting her eyes upon the smithy who inquired.

Last edited:
Stonewall
IzRAp6D.png
h0aTyOH.png

Regula
6nJE2op.png
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Amanda Uasal Uasal | Ryan Valkan Valkan

Regula's first question was already answered in a manner that signalled how important communication was and how she already failed at it. After all, Retili completely misunderstood. “No, I'm sorry, I meant it differently. Right now as 'now' now. As in, should I go greet people, hold a speech? Gather them at the plaza? I can't really just walk in and start doing stuff without an introduction of sorts, right? That'd probably make a bad first impression. Besides, no offence, but your guards might freak some people out if they don't know who or what they are and why they're here.”

Luckily enough, it seemed like some problems would solve themselves. A young boy (Ryan), likely a local, approached them and introduced himself as the blacksmith. “Yes, I do, you're speaking with her~ Are you the local blacksmith then? It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm quite fond of the craft myself, believe it or not, so to be greeted by this town's blacksmith first is a delight.” She said, completely misunderstanding Ryan's part in all of this.

As Aria asked to look at the barracks, Regula had an even better idea. “Ah, that's great. Why don't you see if you can gather the guards? We can introduce ourselves to them and state that Retili's guards aren't a threat. It'd be better to be safe than to be sorry on that front.” One thing that was also standing out a bit, for that matter, was that the advisor had his own guard whilst the baroness had none. That'd probably lead to confusion sooner rather than later.

As she was looking around, she spotted someone she assumed to be another local (Amanda), so she'd wave over to the girl. “Hello there~” She said, greeting her as she approached her to look over her shoulder and see what the girl was drawing. As she spotted the pages, she was genuinely surprised. “Oh, wow, those are great. You've got quite a talent for sketching buildings.” She said with a smile. “I'm Regula Caelia, by the way, a pleasure to meet you.” Regula was starting to feel a bit more confident about introductions here, blissfully unaware of the fact that she'd only introduced herself to perfect strangers to this town so far.

As the group was still introducing themselves, however, it was clear that they were drawing more and more attention from the townsfolk. After all, how could they not? Between their odd appearances and Retili's small army, it was tough not to stand out. However, nobody dared approaching them... Until someone did.

Sven
3aqYSEX.png
VJ3LSCL.jpg

“What's all this about then?” A young man walked in through the gate behind them, carrying a hefty looking axe on his shoulder and dragging along a small tree with his other hand.

Meanwhile...

FRdyvIS.jpg
Mentions: Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

After Pierre knocked on the door, it looked like he wouldn't be getting a response... until a head peaked out from the top floor of a three story building.

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
p9wLsny.jpg

“Who's out...” A short silence. “Oh my, you must be Regula's friend! What was it again? Perro? Pear? Hold up! I'll be down in just a second!” She said, as she leaned back in and closed the window. After a few moments, she arrived outside. “Hello dear~ I'd welcome you inside, but it seems the street can barely fit you already, so that'd be an issue.”

As she talked, she was clearly very curious about Pierre, as she ogled across the odd metal construct. “Still, even after hearing Regula's stories, seeing you for myself is... it's quite something. To think that there's really nobody operating you and that you're just you, it's fascinating~” She said, with a genuine smile. “Anyhow, what can I do for you?” She asked, clearly not having been informed by Regula for whatever reason. Perhaps a letter got lost in the mail?

1674184695901.png
Amanda Steelhaven

Amanda was caught off guard by the sudden introduction of Regula, even more so when she turned to see a small force had come to congregate in the centre of town. Snapping her notebook closed, Amanda spun quickly to introduce herself to the woman who had addressed her. Bowing slightly in as best a manner as she could, Amanda did her best to properly introduce herself to the baroness appropriately "Thank you for your compliments. My name is Amanda Steelhaven. I would like to congratulate you on your new title my Lady.". Straightening up her posture Amanda couldn't help but glance at the troops once again, her eyes also falling upon the woman with metallic legs. Though upon catching herself doing so Amanda would refocus herself on the Baroness.

"Actually, Lady Regula, if you don't mind me being forward. I've come to answer your call for aid. I think my skills may be of use to you and your domain. If you would have some time to speak on such a matter, I actually have some input that may be of use to you. I've spent the last three days here you see and I've taken a few notes.". Pausing for a second Amanda's eyes went wide and she cleared her throat "Ahem, apologies. I forgot myself. Please forgive my brazen comments. I come from a small village and this is admittedly my first time speaking to a noble".

Taking a step back, Amanda eyed the rifles and pikes being wielded by the Baroness accompanying force "Pike and shot? That's an odd formation to take with so few a number... Do you rotate fire between wings?". Talking more to herself than anyone, in particular, it was clear Amanda had taken an interest in the small force and their arms. "Impressive". Though one thing that may seem off about her to those of attention to detail was just how exactly a woman from the boonies knew of 'pike and shot' at all.

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong conman2163 conman2163 Valkan Valkan

B0BADB9B-239C-45B7-9683-EF6897CBC217.png

“Very well. I’ll see what I can do.” Aria said with a nod, before Regula went towards the other two stranger. The sword maiden would catch Amanda’s gaze, but only briefly before turning around towards the barracks.

As she walked, she noticed the various buildings, the town was definitely in disrepair. There was a lot of work to do. Aria shallowly sighed. Fixing up her clothes a bit before entering the barracks.

Looking around, she’d knock on the door frame. “Hello? Captain of the guard? Anyone here?” she looked around once more, noticing the obvious holes on the roof. She briefly wondered about the leadership here in previous years. But that was a question best left to anyone who had been here before.

Retili Loxinofican

Retili nodded his head in reply to Regula's clarification. He had misunderstood her entirely. Not a great start as advisoring went, but at least she didn't hold it against him. He followed her as she approached a local. "Probably best to just address the guards for now then." He turned back to his own guards and gestured for them to return their weapons to their shoulders. He was surprised when a local displayed some clear knowledge of firearm tactics. He shook his head. "They do better in a melee then a rifle company would. They are able to cover choke points better too." He crossed his arms and turned to a big man who approached holding an axe and a tree. "This is the Baroness Regula Caelia's party, she's here to take over as ruler of this barony."

Last edited:
Stonewall
IzRAp6D.png
h0aTyOH.png

Regula
6nJE2op.png
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Amanda Uasal Uasal | Ryan Valkan Valkan

Regula's initial excitement at already being congratulated by one of the townsfolk faded a bit when she learned this wasn't one of the townsfolk, but flared up again when she realised the girl had come as per her request. “Wait, they've already put up the request? The Adventurer's Guild must've put that offer up a soon as they got it if you read it and got here already. They sure work miracles.” She said, surprised at both the speed at which the job offer got shared and the speed at which the first person arrived here as a result.

That left her with the content of what Amanda mentioned. “Don't worry too much about how you address me, I'm not exactly used to being a noble yet either, so we're good. I'd be interest to learn more about this input of yours though. I generally don't tend to take advise from just about anybody, but this place will need a fair bit of work and we'll need to use all the help we can get.”

Sven
3aqYSEX.png
VJ3LSCL.jpg

“Another one of those, huh?” The man said, as he looked over to Regula, then back to Retili. “Well, good luck, I guess. Perhaps you'll last longer than the last few around here.” He said. “Now, can you move them out of the way? I've got a job to do.” He said, nodding towards Retili's guard and how he'd have some issues dragging his tree into town whilst they were still stationed in the street as they were.

Meanwhile, as Aria entered the barracks, she'd soon hear some noises from the armoury. Sounds of stuff falling over and metal hitting onto the stone floor. Just as she'd likely start to wonder what in the world was going on over there, someone showed up.

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png
LEZxvL5.jpg

“State thy business with the great Ethel, keeper of the Stonewall and guardian of life!” As the woman walked into the room, her armour and weapon seemed to be a bit of a mess. It also looked like she was still recovering from a fall. Even so, she had a challenging look in her eyes when she faced Aria. “See, I behold thee, metal-footed fiend! I knew thy attack on mine city wouldst cometh! I commend thee for challenging the great Ethel directly, but thou folly shalt be thy undoing! Surrender thy evil to mine power or face its wrath, fiend!”

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan was so focused into not being awkward, he had not noticed the small unit of soldiers behind them. That put him on edge, but he did his best to keep his composure. Something that caught his eye were the rifles some of the soldiers were holding. As he did, the apparent leader of the unit addressed him, forcing Ryan to snap his attention back to the front of the line. The pale halfling informed him of his quest to look for the Baroness had ended, he also asked for his name. "My name is Ryan. Ryan Kylieth, sir" he replied, trying to sound respectful, he had never interacted with high class people until now.

The Baroness herself took it upon herself to confirm what the halfling had said. Ryan now felt quite pressured, as he had to correct her misunderstanding. Ryan took a deep breath to focus on what words to use and then explained "My apologies... Lady Caelia, but I am not the local blacksmith. I came because I noticed your message on a few places, and wanted to help. I arrived an hour or so ago."

Seeing as Regula took interest on the lady by the well, Ryan couldn't help himself but to ask the halfling "Sir? Would you mind allowing me to examine one of those rifles? I am somewhat inexperienced on that area, but I also craft guns. Every bit of knowledge counts to me". As for the local, Ryan simply stood out his way, he didn't want to make any bad first impressions.

Retili Loxinofican

Retili looked the woodsman up and down as he stood there and seemed to disparage them. The dismissal inherent riled Retili up a bit, and for a moment he considered not ordering his men to move. In the end though he decided the trouble wouldn't be worth it and motioned for his men to move back. The Zentail guards cleared a path so that the lumberjack could drag his tree through. Retili wondered if there were no good wood cutting huts out closer to the forest. It would make more sense to do all the carpentry there after all. He decided he would have to review the logistics of the local craftsmen to see if things couldn't be adjusted to make things more efficient. It would likely cost more for the baroness, but it would improve things enough that it wouldn't matter in the end. Retili looked back to Ryan who asked about his troop's rifles. Retili was reluctant to let him examine one of his homeland's weapons, but he figured it wouldn't hurt for the man to make a cursory examination. Maybe he'd be able to make some improvements given time. He walked over to one of his men and grabbed the rifle they held. He brought it over to Ryan and handed it over. "A quick examination only. Though i'd be curious to know if you think you can make any improvements."

POST TRANFORM ARIA -2.png
Aria flinched but only a bit when helms and rusty armor clanked and echoed through the armory. Her eyes darting towards a dusty figure that emerged from the rubble of the armory, she was obviously hurt but nonetheless seemingly ready for action. "I.." Aria stuttered, eyes widening and at a loss for words due to the surprise. Aria was really expecting stern soldiers, stoic, armed and at the ready, or at least a rabble of mercenary types, not an adorable little guard. "Hmm. Ethel, is it?" She confirmed her tone softening up a bit, "Where is the captain? We have much to do. You see Stonewall is now under the direct command of Lady Regula. Surely, you've been informed." Aria would observe the little soldier, tilting her head a bit, wondering if anything she said made sense to her.

The bit about being metal legged made Aria's nose and left eye twitch. The maiden looked down at her feet only briefly, before looking back at her "Hmph." It would be something she'd have to start getting used to, the world saw her differently, and it was simply a fact of life. Perhaps she'd have to start wearing longer dresses and footwear that covered her feet. A note for her next outing. She sighed deeply, easing up a bit, "I'd enjoy a duel with you master Ethel. But I'm on official orders. The names Aria, Aria Barlow, knight and marshall in service of Baroness, Regula Caelia. You and yours have been summoned, at once."

She looked around a bit worriedly, wondering if Ethel was really the only one here.

1674316368340.png
Amanda Steelhaven

Amanda smiled softly when the man accompanying the Baroness spoke about the troop and their formation. So it was a pike and shot, be it with alterations to formation size and placement. How interesting indeed! Granted gun powder would be a luxury item out in the boonies, but having a pike and shot unit would make any siege or defensive far more manageable. In fact, the appearance of the fifteen-man unit made the walled town far more defensible, in fact, to compare them to a golden egg would have been an understatement. "Your reload time may be a bit rough given your numbers but if you hold a choke point, such as one of the two gates. Well, I dare say any opposing force would have a hard time routing you."

With the man's attention being drawn away by an approaching lumberjack and the Baroness addressing Amanda again, the woman returned her attention to Regula. Nodding in agreement Amanda spoke softly "Actually, I didn't see the request itself until I got here, you'd be surprised how fast word travels from village to village. Especially when a new noble is the topic of conversation. I only actually read the formal request issued by the guild when I arrived here and spoke with the Inn Keeper."

When the Baroness showed interest in actually hearing what Amanda had to say, Amanda was quite relieved. It would have been terribly embarrassing had she travelled all this way for nothing. But now that she had the chance to prove herself, well she couldn't let it go to waste. She was not throwing away her shot. Opening her notebook Amanda flipped back to the page she had previously been doodling on and then back one. On the two new pages were sketches of the exterior wall and barracks. The wall hadn't changed all that much but in the sketch provided a mound of dirt hugged its entirety. The barracks on the other hand sported a large stable affixed to the western wall of the armoury. A rather drastic change but simple in design, what with it being log-based and open. "I have a few recommendations actually, some military based, some economically based and the most important being civil/populace based. Which would you like to hear about?"

Elvario Elvario conman2163 conman2163

Stonewall
IzRAp6D.png
h0aTyOH.png

Regula
6nJE2op.png
Mentions: Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Amanda Uasal Uasal | Ryan Valkan Valkan

Regula was a tad bit disappointed that the red-haired boy (Ryan) wasn't a local either, but his love for the same craft (gun-craft) made up for that. “Ah, that's interesting. I've been debating to get more into the artificer part of guns myself. My current one is just a metal rod with a lot of enchantment magic on it, at the end of the day. It works, but I bet I could make it work a whole lot better.” Between the two gunsmiths and the example-rifles carried by Retili's guards, they should be able to make a fair few things work out.

She then turned to Amanda. “Ah, that makes a lot more sense.” The only thing surprising about that explanation was that they'd put a request for people to come aid her barony in the barony itself. Perhaps they just wanted to warn the townsfolk of the new arrivals that might heed her call? That'd probably have to be it. Either way, things worked out. Out of all the things that Amanda mentioned, economics would probably be their first priority. Without money to build or maintain much, the rest would be a lost cause. They probably had enough manpower and resources to fix maybe the keep and barracks, but if they wanted to expand, they'd need additional income. Either, way, there something else first. “I'm interested in hearing your ideas on the economics, but I'm afraid I'll have to introduce myself to the people here first. Perhaps you could do the same, as it seems like finding the right artisans might be the biggest challenge in constructing everything I've seen on your sketches.”

Sven
3aqYSEX.png
VJ3LSCL.jpg

A feint smile showed upon Sven's face when Retili's guards made way for him. Still, he dragged his tree through without any further remarks, dragging it all the way to the other end of the plaza, where he vanished from sight behind the block of residential buildings.

???
fjvt7ov.png
StxUJPw.jpg

As they were talking, however, another person showed up approaching the gate. However, he stopped in his tracks whilst still a long distance away from them, clearly not eager to approach with so many odd and new folk standing at the gate.

Meanwhile...

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png
LEZxvL5.jpg
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong |

The girl huffed at the respond, clearly not amused by Aria's rpesonse. “Doest thou not heeth my words, fiend? It is none other than I, the great Ethel, keeper of Stonewall and guardian of life!” She did turn her head at the mention of a new commander. “Indeed, mine garrison hath been warneth about the coming of a new baroness, but thy hath nameth the wrong name! Thou shalt not fool me, fiend!”

That attitude changed a little when Aria mentioned Regula's new surname. “Indeed, the coming of baroness Caelia hath been foretold! How dareth thy address thou superior without thine common name! Thou attempteth to trick me against my new superior! Thou art a fiend!” She tried to dust off her armour, which did little more than creating loud clunking noises and made some scratches. “Me and mine shall heed thy summoning, but mine haveth taken upon themselves to battle the passage away from their homestead, so only I, the great Ethel, shalth cometh to greeth thy commander!” She'd then gesture for Aria to lead the way.

Ryan Kylieth

The halfling seemed to consider his request for a moment. In the end though, he agreed to handing Ryan a rifle from one of his soldiers' rifles, allowing him for a quick examination. "Thank you, sir" he happily affirmed, as he carefully leaned forward and took the weapon with both of his hands. Ryan proceeded to inspect the fascinating object. Being mindful of where it was aimed at, he took in as much as he could, quickly yet thoroughly inspecting the mechanisms that made the rifle work even testing his [Appraisal E] to see if he missed something. Then handed it back to the halfling with both of his hands with a nod.

Yet another smile grew on Ryan when Regula talked about gun-smithing, and how she thinks she could do better. "I have had a few concepts in the back of my head. I'd be glad to show them to you, Lady Caelia." All this gun talk eased his nerves.

Elvario Elvario conman2163 conman2163

Retili Loxinofican

Retili folded his arms as Amanda spoke. If he wasn't eager not to give up tactical secrets to total strangers, he would have told her that it wasn't like they were carrying muskets. The disciplined force could put down an impressive volume of fire given the breech loading rifle. Either way he turned his attention back to Ryan and held his weapon back out for the rifle. Then he passed it over to the Zentail rifleman who took it back. The rifleman fidgeted with the weapon a moment, as if making sure that Ryan hadn't messed up the sturdy weapon. Magic operated guns were an interesting thing, though Retili did wonder if gunpowder could be created for them. He was no alchemist or firearms expert though, so he'd have to leave that to others. "Lady Caelia, you will likely be best served going about to greet each individually. The town should be small enough for that, and it would be good for you to meet the local notables. Someone undoubtedly must have run this place before you came to take over."

1674365515516.png

Amanda Steelhaven

Amanda tilted her head at the mention of economics. Why did the Baroness want to hear about economic plans so badly? Given the current state of the town and the quality of life such an environment would support, economic policy change and efforts to revive the said economy would be detrimental in effect. What was most important right now was the issue of loyalty seconded by that of self-sustain. What this town needed more than anything was rapid changes to its agriculture sector. Without food, the people would grow hungry and hungry people made for terrible workers and even worse guards.

The economy was important and it was understandable that one would seek to stabilise it as soon as possible, but a stable economy could only come to pass with a stable state of civil affairs. A new Baroness would need to earn the trust of her people, the loyalty of her guard and most importantly the respect of those other nobles bordering the area. "With all due respect M' Lady, I believe you're putting the horse ahead of the cart. Agriculture. M'lady please, when we get the chance allow me to speak with you about agriculture first and foremost! I can not stress that agricultural change will pave the way to this town's revival and your solidification as a respected Baroness among your peerage!".

Bowing to the woman to show her sincerity Amanda spoke again one final time before the blacksmith stole away her attention "I will swear my loyalty to you, just please hear me out when the time comes"

Elvario Elvario Valkan Valkan

Stonewall
IzRAp6D.png
h0aTyOH.png

Regula Caelia
6nJE2op.png
Mentions: Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Amanda Uasal Uasal | Ryan Valkan Valkan

Regula was genuinely confused upon Amanda's reply. Having never lived in a time past the late middle-ages even in her previous, her idea of 'economy' was vastly different from that of a regular person. It's why she didn't get Amanda in the slightest. “Yes. Isn't being a self-sufficient area the basis of any strong economy? We need to make sure we need to import as little as possible and see if we have anything worth exporting at the highest possible value later down the line. I'm not quite sure what your understanding of economical is, if not for the simple basis of near self-sufficiency upon which you build opportunity for trade.” She's seen a lot of the prince- and dukedoms in the Holy Roman Empire struggle and fall due to lacking the basics resources needed within their own borders or due to getting sloppy and relying far too heavily on import for primary needs. She didn't want to start off making a similar mistake, even though they technically had the backing of a county, a dukedom and a country.

She gave a sigh. “Anyhow, I'll gladly hear you out to see if your ideas are worth considering.... let me just check one thing.” She said, as she used [Appraisal B] on Amanda. [Human, Business Expert, Warfare Expert, Architecture Expert.] She didn't seem to be an expert in Agriculture though, the topic she wished to discuss. That was a little odd, even though her other areas of expertise would be useful in their own right. “With all due respect, I believe your opinion on how to design this town more efficiently and how to use the resources we currently have at our disposal might be more valuable to me for the time being.” She wasn't eager to have someone try to explain agriculture to her without them having any proven knowledge of it, no matter how nice and sincere the girl seemed to be.

That left her with the smith. She was starting to wonder... She figured she might as well use [Appraisal C] on him as well. Only to realise he doesn't properly have his job titles equipped. Such a shame. He did indeed seem to be a fellow Blacksmith and even Enchanter, but that was about it. “The moment I've got some time off, I'd be delighted to see them.” She said, on the topic of guns. “Besides, I'll let you in on a secret...” She said, as she leaned forwards to whisper. “I've been wondering if we could scale it up and create a gun-like canon with a force never seen before. That'll scare off any enemies from even approaching our towns and villages.” The plans weren't 'secret' secret, but she didn't want to talk about those too openly just yet. Having her intended projects float around as mere rumours at most would be enough, for now.

Retili's suggestion was a good one. “That's a good point. Considering the barons here have been... preoccupied, there should be some sort of mayor or villager elder. Good thinking.” She nodded, to him and to herself, as she'd now have a person to look for and talk to. “That'd be a good person to meet first, both out of practise and formality. Would anyone mind asking about them in the tavern? I'd rather not have that be the first place I enter.” The reason for the latter should be obvious. A baroness heading to the tavern immediately after entering the town was bound to make for some very juicy gossip.

B Grade Regula CD (0/4)
C Grade Regula CD (0/3)

???
fjvt7ov.png
StxUJPw.jpg

Nobody had spotted him standing a ways away from the gate, staring through it at the group. He didn't approach. Just kept staring at them from a safe distance. Whatever his deal was, he'd likely keep it there with him. Yep. Dude was just doing his thing. Whatever that was.

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan kept going over what he saw in the weapon, solidifying his observations as best he could. Regula brought him out of that trance, saying she would love to see them once she had the chance once she was free. Realizing he may be delaying her, Ryan took the executive decision of leaving Regula be for now. He didn't get the chance to do it immediately, as Regula had "a secret" to share with him. She got close enough to whisper to him, Ryan trembled slightly, giving it his all to not panic. Since the secret was what she was planning on building, a big gun, Ryan nodded and answered "I'll do my best to help you in such a project."

Once again, he came back to the realization he may be interfering with Regula's business. "Well, Lady Caelia. I won't take more of your time. I still am willing to help you in whatever you need my skills for. I'll check the smithy to meet the local in charge of it, if there is one. Otherwise, you can look for me in my room at the inn. It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance". With that said, Ryan left the group of the noble and her escorts. Sighing in relief that he could relax a little more with the smith, if there even is one.

Entering the smithy, Ryan looked around, checking some of the works in display. If there were actually things on display, Ryan would focus his eyes in some of them, gauging the style of whoever was doing the smithing here. "Hello? Anyone around?" the young blacksmith asked, not wanting to pry too much into someone else's work, if there's any work at all.

Elvario Elvario

POST TRANFORM ARIA -2.png
Aria sighed, "I'm not trying to fool you. And-" Then the armored guard lady seemed to finally cooperate. Aria crossed her arms, "Yeah, okay, perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could. Take it easy. It's my first real assignment as Marshall."

When gestured to lead the way, Aria started back towards the others. "Come along." She replied over her shoulder.

Once at the well, she caught the sight of a strange hatted man. Keeping a mental note, she continued towards Regula, then began her introduction of the guard once she was free of so much conversation. "M'lady, may I present, Ethel.. uhm.." She turned to look at her, and winced at her state. "Captain of the guard?"

Aria would bring a hand to her forehead, it seemed like they would have to begin recruiting, the idea of putting up an announcement board came to mind. But perhaps that was best left for when everyone began to address their duties. For now, she wanted to get to work. This was becoming a bit embarrassing for the maiden who thought how challenging the days to come would be with Ethel as captain. But her optimism, wouldn't falter. She knew what she signed up for, and her training could only help the young guard improve. Or so she thought.

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican

The weapon that Ryan examined was eerily close to a Martini-Henry system. A simple breach block lowered when you pulled down on a lever just behind the trigger guard. Then you inserted a magical cartridge before closing the breach block. It seemed that this action simultaneously cocked the weapon, though it wasn't clear how this mechanism operated without taking apart the gun. Ryan might glean some useful insights by further deconstructing one if given the chance. Meanwhile Retili stood by Regula as she treated with the locals. He was pleased that she recognized the usefulness of his advice. He bowed his head in recognition. "I'd be pleased to find the local elder." He was just about to set off when he spotted Aria and some woman in armor returning. He paused to look the woman up and down. Then he shook his head as Aria announced her as captain of the guard. He walked off towards the local tavern. Once inside he approached the bar and hailed the barkeep. "Good afternoon, I'm looking to meet with the leader of this town. I don't suppose you would know where your mayor or elder can be found?"

1674499662841.png
Amanda Steelhaven

Amanda listened intently to what the Baroness had to say, to be frank, the conversation had left her quite confused. However, she wasn't about to press a noble or publically correct them. Those kinds of things seldomly ended well, and besides so long as Amanda could secure a job in relation to town planning, she could probably find a more natural time and opportunity to broach the topic. That said the Baronesses bare bone understanding of economic growth and stability left her quite concerned. In truth, the Baroness wasn't wrong in her statement but there were so many more factors to consider. That said at least the woman agreed with the fact the town needed to become self-sufficient, the biggest hurdle in development would be that alone. Only once the town could stand on its own feet and the people's loyalty won over could the town really see growth and prosperity.

When Regula however moved to then suddenly comment on how Amanda's opinions regarding town design and resource management would be more valuable to her than those of Agriculture. Amanda was left dumbfounded, smiling sweetly externally but stunned internally. Fortunately for Amanda though the Baroness moved to speak with the blacksmith, a blessing in disguise seeing Amanda didn't quite know how to respond to such a statement.

Her suggestion of an agricultural revolution was everything the Baroness had just asked for wrapped up into a neat bundle. Simple in design, easily implemented, made use of current resources if not cheap imports, would greatly increase food production, required fewer serfs and most importantly would allow for the production of flour as well as barley and beef for export. The amount produced would allow for future growth, both economically and literally. It was the cheapest addition to the town cost-wise and the one that would benefit it the most in the long term. Excess food could also be used as payment for labour on other projects which would help slow the treasury's bleeding on such projects.

Scratching her head Amanda had been left in quite a predicament. Alas, standing around and doing nothing wasn't going to solve anything. Speaking to the townsfolk, that was what had been suggested and so that was what she'd do. For now at least. Looking to the Gate, Amanda noticed a man draped in green and so made her way toward him. Offering him a polite wave she spoke softly "I'm terribly sorry to bother you, My name is Amanda Steelhaven, I'm from a small village just west of here. Could you tell me who in this town currently owns the largest farm? I'd like to speak with them."

Elvario Elvario

Pierre Rothel - - > Rosalia Caelia | Elvario Elvario
1674365570500.png

{When in doubt, Tread it out.}

As quick as Rosalia appeared from the window and disappeared presumably to get ready (only after getting Pierre's name wrong twice), said tank just looked back to the door with what would've been a deadpan should he have had facial features to be reborn with in this world. "It's.. pierre.." With a dumbly mutter and slump of his hand on a piece of tread, he would take the small time window to think a little more. What was he thinking about, you ask? Well, family. On the matter of close people on a biological scale, Pierre pretty much has no one here, save for Aria, Regula, and maybe Sariel due to his appealing youth.

Dynamically, he felt he was more in the 'trustful employee and their boss' type of bond with Regula. She repaired his hull when needed, he helps her with materials and other tasks, etc. He won't bring up past lives or anything like that, since as of now the only relevance that has was background of what they want to do in this world.

Aria on the other hand, it was slightly closer to a genuine friendship but not quite there. Sure they both have Military backgrounds, although hers ended off with betrayal and him with explosive sacrifice, but the era of their wars were surely much different from one another.

His inner reflections on his relationships were then timely cut off, as Rosalia had exited her home and was now conversing with the Tank.

"Greetings, Madam Caelia. It is a pleasure to meet the mother of a dear friend."

He started off kindly with small dashes of accent coming from his voice. Along with this he held out a hand for her to shake.

Though when she mentioned his size, he chuckled lightly as he nodded his barrel.

"I've been aware, good thing being metal doesn't mean I have to worry about sleeping in the right position, or being warm for an associated matter."

To make sure she still had enough space to walk out, he backed up a little more as his treads made audible clinks against the surface collaged of stone and dirt.

"My name is Pierre Rothel, whenever I'm avalible I assist your daughter with transporting heavy materials to the forge she works in. As for the reason I am here, I have been commissioned by Baroness Regula Caelia herself to safely transport you to her location at Stonewall."

His tone turned calm and formal, though with a slight hint of seriousness as this was about maintaining a friend's family safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back