• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Active [Isekai Hell] A Tithe! A Tithe! My Shrine for a Tithe!

TheTimePiece

Roleplay Artist
Welcome to the thread! Are you interested in isekai, anime and or fantasy? The following RP is part of the persistent open world rp community called Isekai Hell! If an idea like this interests you please feel free check out some of the links above.
----
RP Goal: Raise Regula’s Ryke Church faction standing to work toward legitimizing the Mictlantecuhtlian god of passage into Ryke Church Faction accepted Pantheon.
---
Time: Mid Morning

Place: Ryke, Ryken, Taaj Undecim Temple

Mention: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong

1706335648505-1.png

The weather was rather pleasant in the Protectorate of Ryke’s capital that day. The winding streets were busy with people going about their day. All sorts of nearby scents throughout nearby streets via the impressive bazaar. Even if other parts of the realm were at war the merchants never stopped, if anything war was a time for profits to be had for many.

However it was not for enjoying the diverse market of luxury goods and delicious cuisine that the current trio were at the capital at the moment, for Regula it was primarily to further make amends for a shrine placed in the Caelia Barony which unfortunately had ruffled some feathers, particularly in light of the count Light incident. Hopefully through the correct strategic actions legitimizing the Mictlantecuhtlian God of passage into the pantheon would be made possible and the Church Faction would return to Caelia Barony therefore allowing the merchants to feel more at ease operating there. The other two, Ringo, Aria and company if there were any others were there to be of assistance in this endeavor, and perhaps partake in any side business they may desire too whilst at the capital.

After traversing the winding streets, Regula getting some extra attention than the common person from onlookers due to her noble and authoritative status, eventually the group would find themselves outside the staircase of the Taaj Undecim Temple a grand building erected for the accepted gods and goddesses of the Ryke Pantheon where the followers of any could congregate for worship and other events. It was a sight to behold which garnered much tourism as well as pilgrimage. It's architecture and the precious materials used to construct it reflecting the wealth of Ryke and the church faction's establishment within it's borders.

Taaj Undecim Temple
Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 11.54.42 AM.png

For now the group would wait to be invited in when the authority figure which had agreed to see was ready for them. Meanwhile some more gawkers congregated every now and again likely curious as to what the Baroness was up too, as word spread along the streets quickly, until they were ushered along. Next to the steps there were a couple of stone benches off to the side, with inscriptions, looking like they had been dedciated to some of those which the church faction deemed to be heroes and martyrs, the benches themselves looking more ornate than the standard, different colored gems and gold worked into their designs.

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki
Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal | Aria RavenSong RavenSong
Languages: Common | +Mictlantecuhtlian+ | {Sylvan}

Regula felt a tad odd. It was weird walking around and having to occasionally check things for safety concerns. Not having her trusty metal giant take care of all safety related issues was something she'd almost forgotten about being a thing. She'd really, really gotten used to him, hadn't she? How spoiled she'd gotten. She silently reprimanded herself.

That said, she couldn't complain. Two of her other inner circle where. Her dear sister and the utmost adorable Ringo. She'd simply be too greedy to ask for more friends to join her, wouldn't she? She figured she would be. Her [Prideful] nature made it so she didn't mind the attention that much. Truthfully, she even sort-off enjoyed it. This is what she'd worked hard for, after all, this status. It was far different from the glares she'd got working as bread delivery girl, that much was clear. She looked at the building with some level of appreciation. It was well-made, although perhaps a tad less large than she'd expected. Even so, it was size-able and fancy enough to appreciate.

She'd give some of the people staring a [Well-meaning] smile, but she did give the few who'd start getting closer a polite glare as to ensure they'd not get too comfortable. She didn't want to start too much of a hassle here. She also didn't want Aria to be forced to keep shooing off people.
“Hmm. Off to a bad start. Making us wait.” | “{They're making us wait, which is normally bad.}” She stated, somewhat silently so that only Aria and Ringo would hear. “Normally, making someone wait is done to show dominance. As much as I want to be on good terms with them, being subservient to them would be troublesome.” | “{It's like trying to claim to be more important than us, by having us be the ones that wait on them. I want to be friends with them, but not a servant.}”

She sighed. Honestly, she wished she could just go on another bathhouse trip with Aria instead. Or maybe just cuddle up into Ringo's tails. That said, the same [Prideful] nature that'd gotten her to her current position made it really difficult for her to give up on the idea of having the shrine. She considered that building hers now and any attempt at having it taken away as an attack on her pride. As a result, she'd rather try to get the Mictlantecuhtlian deity accepted, even though that was clearly the more troublesome way to go about it.

That's when she recalled something. “{Oh right, how do you like Ryken so far, Ringo? This is the city I grew up in... Perhaps if we've got some time later, I could even show you my old home. Aria's been there before. It's not the greatest though... but it does hold some good memories... perhaps we can even drop by the Angel statue...}” She mumbled, having some desire to pay respects to her grandmother. She then turned to Aria as well. “Would you like to visit the Angel statue again? I'd like to pay my respects to my grandmother. Perhaps I can even drop by my old home, for sentiment's sake, if we have some time afterwards.”

Last edited:
1709704554743.png
Ringo
Mentions: Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Languages: {Sylvan} | +Mictlantecuhtlian+

As they made their way through the city, Ringo stared in awe at the massive buildings surrounding them. They were even taller than the ones in the barony and more compacted together, creating labyrinthian alleys that wound throughout. What little she had seen of the Mict empire from her duties at the hilltop shrine had been spread wide. And the assault of different smells was jarring. One moment it smelt wonderfully as the days first bread, the next it smelt like a stable. Mixed somewhere in between were the smells of strange spices, or smoke from forges. She had never experienced so much in such a small area.

On the less fascinating end, it seemed the group had drawn a crowd. And the sentry wasn't there for her to hide behind. She stuck close to Regula, thought the Baroness, being of similar size as Ringo, did little to provide shelter from the stares. She was unsure of the other woman, they had not interacted much since their meeting, but Regula seemed to trust and value her, so the Shrine Keeper decided to trust her as well. A large bird in a cage near her squawked loudly as she passed, causing her to jump and cling to Regula momentarily.

While they waited in front of the building, she watched the crowd nervously, hoping they continued to keep a distance. She waved kindly and smiled cautiously at some of the friendlier among them. She perked up as Regula addressed her, however, smiling warmly as her tails rippled in waves behind her while they walked. "{It is amazing, though I am not sure I prefer it. It seems they have everything here, though! I have seen nice silks, and tapestries and clothes, and what I believe to be spices and foods from all over! They even had fish, and crops of all colors! It is quite exciting, perhaps we could explore it more thoroughly on another visit?}" She leaned carefully to speak to Aria on Regula's other side. "{Um, d-do you come to the cities often? What kinds of things do you like? Is there anything I should remember to try?}"

Last edited:
__konpaku_youmu_touhou_drawn_by_maho_moco__sample-8e92aa4d6ca3cc53c71bc5528fc41058 (1).jpg

Having left most of her duties to the officers in command who knew her judgement well about the baronies security Aria thought to accompany her sister Regula on the quest to make amends with the established religious clergy. Having never met, nor truly understood such people she thought to join as a sort of learning experience. She'd been deep in thought these last few days, the constant nagging in her heart about whether or not she'd been living according to her values. Surely, a prosperous barony was a great step in the right direction, but where did such things end? Ultimately, Regulas ambition to become queen of Ryken was at the center of her entire purpose. It would be the crowning jewel of her profession, of her purpose, of her entire life. But.. had she been blinded by this goal and left her humble ways for good?

As they stepped foot within the city, namely the religious sector of Ryken, they were met with all manner of frivolities and luxuries most ever dream to have. It went without saying that such a place existed because it was the direct path to the Taaj Undecim Temple. Abundance here meant the gods and goddesses of the pantheon were pleased and held the city in favor. The church wielded a different power, one of which would be necessary to have if Regulas goals were to flourish, therefore, Arias purpose.
As Arias wooden clogs clicked under her seemingly real prosthetic feet, she looked over towards one of the vendors who sold fruit. Taking an apple from the stand she paid for it with a single silver Ryke coin. Then a light bow of her head before continuing on. Taking a bite of the piece of fruit she continued to follow with the gait of a marshal. Only second in command to a commander, or admiral, her military career was but a great feat of success away from reality. Her own ambitions would likely have to wait, a fact soon visible as her impeccable thought became interrupted by the fox woman beside Regulas opposite shoulder. Turning over her looked at her indifferently, then tilted her head a bit in thought before opening her mouth to speak, "I haven't been to this city in quite some time." She said before looking up at the high buildings, "I prefer more, natural settings, but these great structures are truly a testament to our worlds proven success." Turning back to Ringo. "You've learned common." A bit of surprise smeared in the sword maidens tone. "You learn quickly." Then referring to her question, "I suppose, the chicken pies a few avenues down are quite famous around here. Perhaps on our way out?" She asked, whilst glancing at Regula.

Then the baroness mentioned a few places she'd nearly forgotten. Not out of aloofness, but out of necessity. The sorrow she felt with Regulas mother was unlike anything she'd ever felt before, it was indeed one of the only rare moments she felt emotion. "That place.." she fought a knot in her throat. "..gives me peace and hope. Yes, if it is your wish I shall accompany you m'lady. Perhaps on our way out we'll bring some flowers and incense."

Her part of the conversation was interrupted as people gathered, Aria was obviously on guard, "Please, move along, citizen." She said as she ushered them to continue to follow the flow of people.

Last edited:

Mention: RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Thankfully for Aria the civilians who got near seemed to know well enough not to press their luck, that in tandem with Regula’s glares which she strategically gave when deemed appropriate, all seemed to be going relatively well. Ringo also got some inquisitive gazes but thankfully no one seemed to get all that too close for comfort.

Not all too long while the group was waiting out front,

Lowrence
mQsW8HX.jpg

Lowrence made his way over to the trio dressed neatly and presentable as usual, he looked attentively to Regula. This would not have been a surprise as he had been quite insistent on accompanying Regula for this endeavor, desiring to be of assistance where he could be. Upon approach he kept his distance close in proximity but respectful. He walked the balance between looking professional and his tail shifting back and forth every now and again as he was pleased to be there to help Regula once more.

As tempted as he might be he was aware that in settings like these there was a certain image to keep particularly in public so it was evident he was trying his best for the occasion.

With a bit of a respectful bow for a greeting, he continued “Oh my, ..Lady Caelia, I’m a bit surprised, I was quite certain they would have given you audience by now or were about too in my estimate, it’s why I came when I did.”

“Irrespectively, I am quite pleased to see that those close to you have been taking good care of you as one would expect.”
He said with a smile looking at Aria and Ringo.

Nightshade
Pb4BXTo.jpg

Not far after Lowrence was another beast whom Lowrence had mentioned would be coming with him, she too had experience and wished to be of support and service.

She too was dressed respectfully, and looked presentable, giving Lady Regula a bow on her arrival as well.

“At your Service Lady Caelia.”

She spoke before uprighting herself and looking around. Also greeting Ringo and Aria before making her comment on the situation, a look of dissatisfaction on her face,

“Tch, if this is how they treat someone of nobility I can’t imagine what others' experiences are, they said they’d be here for you at a specific time and place and yet I see no one, this is completely unacceptable. Just say the word and I”ll give ‘em a piece of my mind.”

She’d grumble indignantly.

“Now Nightshade we mustn’t be hasty, you do know we are here to leave a good impression, and while I agree protecting and upholding Lady Caelia’s honor and status is a noble goal, for now we mustn’t deviate from our primary objective, wouldn’t you agree? It would be a great disservice if we were the reason she did not have a favorable outcome here today.” Lowrence posed.

“Hmph..I know you’re right Lowrence, but just the very idea of Lady Caelia not being given the proper respect she deserves..” She trailed off, like she was stopping herself from saying something a bit more inflammatory.

It wasn’t until much longer that the large front doors to the temple opened up and an older looking man dressed in ornate religious attire appeared, between his hat and pendant just from a surface level look he appeared to have authority.

By his side was a much younger looking man who looked like they could be some sort of Paladin between his ornate armor and the sword which was sheathed by his side. He looked pretty serious and on alert all things considered.

Archbishop Neror Bidag
2e635d0f-beb2-4e8d-ba96-fc82e5812ed9.png

“Greetings Baroness Caelia.” The somewhat stern looking man spoke. “I take it that your journey went well? Please, come in, based on what I've heard we have much to discuss.”

His tone was a bit more inviting toward the later part, but it didn’t look like there was going to be any sort of acknowledgement that they had been kept waiting nor apology. With that the group was able to follow the pair into the processional way of the temple if they so desired.

???
Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 3.29.28 PM.png

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal | Aria RavenSong RavenSong

She couldn't help but smile at Ringo, as the latter was experiencing the capital for the first time. She'd instinctively pat the girl's head for a bit upon the latter clinging to her. “{Don't worry, just stick close and things will be fine.}” She stated. “{Of course, if we have time, we could explore a bit more. Perhaps even if we've got time left after our visit to the church.}”

Knowing that Aria didn't speak Sylvan, Regula would translate Ringo's words. “Ringo's asking if you visit cities often, what kind of things you like and if there's something she should remember to try here.”

She'd translate the answers as well. “{She hasn't been here in a while. Nor have I, for that matter. She also prefers more natural settings, although she considers the buildings here a measure of success.}”

One part surprised her. “The chicken pies a few avenues down...? I think I know that place! We might try some on the way back.” Then to Ringo. “{She's suggesting we try the chicken pies from a places a few avenues away on our way out.}”

She nodded at Aria again. “Yes, that sounds like a good plan.” Bringing incense and flowers sounded great in particular.

“Ah, thank you for joining.” She replied to Lawrence. Truthfully, she wasn't entirely sure what the direct purpose of him being here would be, but she figured his presence alone would give her some extra 'weight' of importance, so to say. Worst case, she could use him to distract anyone that got annoying. Upon him mentioning those close to her, she figured it was a good time for introductions. Especially when she noticed another of Lawrence's group had joined. “It's a pleasure to meet you, miss Nightshade. Lowrence, Nightshade, this is Aria, my sister and Marshall, as well as Ringo, my shrine maiden and...” She got stuck for a bit. Partner? Warm-feet-at-night-provider? Lover? Concubine? She struggled to find a right word for it. She decided to sort-off talk over it. “{Ringo, these are Lowrence and Nightshade. They've offered to work for me and help me with administrative business regarding the barony.}”

She lightly chuckled at Nightshade's complaint. “Let's give them the benefit of doubt, for now, but I have to agree with you. It's not a great start. I'd rather not have them trying to puppet me.” She clicked her tongue, as the possibility alone was annoying to her. She'd give Lowrence an appreciative nod, as he seemed to have caught up on the situation.

As the doors opened, she quickly straightened her back and put up her best face, so to say. “Thank you, Archbishop Bidag.” She stated, not really needing to guess who she was dealing with thanks to [Religion B]. “My journey has been pleasant, thank you for asking. I trust you don't mind if some of my companions join us today? They were interesting in learning more about the situation and helping to iron out some details where needed.” She stated, backed up with some Persuasion (B) to start off strong and earn back the footage she'd lost by having been made to wait.

1709966994273.pngRingo
Ringo smiled happily as Regula consoled her, her tails flicking wildly at the response. "{Alright, Baro- I-I mean, Regula, I will.}" She couldn't seem to break the habit of calling her Baroness, despite her constant effort. She had always referred to the priests and shrine keepers as such when addressing them, nearly a decade of habit wasn't going to be broken that easily. She half pouted at Regula's suggestion however. "{I am eager to explore to the city, it sounds quite enjoyable, but I do not want my impulses to complicate things for you further. We should focus on the task at hand for today, but... I suppose if time is left over it would be alright. But, please, to not indulge me at your expense, Baroness, I am here to help YOU.}" The mention of the pies however brought a look of immense excitement to her face as she quickly reconsidered. "{I suppose stopping for pies on the way out of the city is fine... We do need to leave it eventually anyway....}"

As the newcomers approached, Ringo quickly shifted around Regula again to increase their distance, but once it became clear they were friends of the Baroness, she sheepishly stepped forward and bowed. "{It is a pleasure to meet you both! I am also tasked with assisting the Baroness, though I'm not sure how quite yet... I seem to be most helpful for her when we're together in her room at night, so perhaps I am meant to be a chamber maid?}" She smiled and looked at Regula in expectation of her translating.

As the doors opened and the members of the church made their appearance, she stood back and waited to see what she could do. She was beginning to think trying to learn this language everyone spoke would be helpful, even if it would be tiring and boring...

Mentions: Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

__konpaku_youmu_touhou_drawn_by_maho_moco__sample-8e92aa4d6ca3cc53c71bc5528fc41058 (1) (1).jpg

Not truly knowing what exactly was being translated, Aria turned away from Ringo and Regula and continued to usher the citizenry along. But not before a peculiar male beastfolk approached. He seemed rather confident, charming even in his demeanor and gait. When he spoke his tone carried the tone of beastkin and seeing as Regula had a constant run in with this particular race it nearly didn't surprise her. Aria closed her eyes with a sigh, she already knew how this interaction would go. At least, according to the events she'd experienced already with such people.

The sword maiden would bow her head at Regulas introduction, her white bangs swaying forward a bit over her eyes. There wasn't much to say, but she listened carefully. Until yet another beastkin arrived, to which she bowed in equal measure. Aria was beginning to feel rather defeated at this point. It was difficult to tell just how deep Regulas craze for beastfolk went, but it was something she was just starting to accept. "I suppose it's only fitting, considering the circumstances of our trespasses against the church that they would treat us with equal respect." She pondered a bit on the topic. "Although I don't think it's a reason to feel indignant. Conflicting schedules could interfere with even the most impeccable planning and forethought."

Regula then stuttered upon introducing Ringo to which she furrowed her eyes a bit with a slight squint as she glanced at Regula. Then Ringo added quite a bit further in Sylvan which she couldn't make out. Looking at Regula expectantly.

When finally in presence of the arch bishop. She bowed, Aria didn't feel like her introduction would be of any important matter. They were here for Regulas cause after all. She figured to follow her lead.

Mention: Elvario Elvario StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal RavenSong RavenSong

Nightshade
Pb4BXTo-1.jpg

Nightshade’s tail wagged a bit behind her when Regula mentioned she was pleased to meet her,

“Do you really mean all that, a pleasure?~ I’m honored Lady Caelia.~”

“And thank you for introducing me to those close to you. I look forward to working alongside them should you see it fit.”

“Such a polite shrine maiden as one would expect, we have some of those types back in Kuridan and they were most respectable.”
Nightshade added, probably unaware of Ringo’s more ancient origins since there were some similarities there to be had, bowing back to her and the rest of Regula's current company.

Lowrence
mQsW8HX-1.jpg
Lowrence then added, “And your point is well reasoned, articulated, and well taken, what you say are also possibilities Aria.”

Nightshade nodded when Regula informed her she agreed with her.

“If it’s the first then that scenario won’t do,I’m certain Lowrence and myself will do everything in our power to ensure a favorable outcome.”

“Of course, as much as Lady Caelia sees fit.”

Naturally both of the accompanying beasts were quick to bow fairly low to Archbishop Bidag when that door had opened.

As the formal conversation started up.
---

Archbishop Neror Bidag
2e635d0f-beb2-4e8d-ba96-fc82e5812ed9-1.png

“Of course.”
He’d pause for a moment before continuing.

“Frankly, I do not mind particularly there is nothing which forbids me from allowing them audience as well afterall, I wouldn’t be much of a Shepard if I turned away a flock.”

He spoke concisely on the matter. It seemed like Regula’s high grade of Persuasion didn’t hurt much any, perhaps that and a combination of him not seeming like the most unreasonable sort.

“Thank you Archbishop Bidag, I sincerely appreciate the opportunity.” Lowrence responded like clockwork.
Nightshade while still looking a bit perturbed at first managed to shift to a more respectful look as well.

“Archbishop Bidag, I thank you for this opportunity as well, I understand that many do not get to hear from someone with such wisdom and authority like yourself, so for this I am grateful.”

It looked like the pair were pretty good at sucking up to people, something which their experience in being enslaved likely reflected.

???
Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 3.29.28 PM-1.png

The Paladin type had a skeptical raised brow look on his face looking between those who were more [Beast] like all around Regula, regardless he did not speak on the matter for the time being at the very least. Eventually his face returned to a more serious expression.

Instead he gave a bow back toward Regula and staying near the archbishop. It was possible he was just there for protection out of precaution if anything else.

Upon opening and entering through the doors a grand processional hall with intricately patterned mosaic floors was apparent, as well as ornate pillars which supported this section of the building, vaulted ceiling, with reliefs depicting approved Pantheon gods and goddesses. There were also tapestries along the walls telling stories of heroic deeds and alleged divine interventions

The faint scent of burning incense would also reach the party, it had a medicinal quality to it which while not unpleasant was probably unusual to those not familiar with the Ryke church faction’s practices.

Toward the center of the temple beyond the hall was an altar made of polished marble, engraved with rune-like symbols. There were also some offerings which had been placed around the altar, from flowers, coins, magic tomes, and some nice looking crops and fruit, as well as spices.

For now the group was in the hall.

“Under other circumstances I might offer more opportunity for pleasantries but I imagine you’d like to get down to business then.”
He’d pause before continuing while he walked gradually,

“Baroness Caelia with all intended respect, I do hope you understand that there is no personal vendetta between our religious body and the Caelia Barony, as I am sure it was mentioned prior, the arrival of this..what was the the word again.., ‘Mictlantecuhtlian’ shrine, yes,..Well it’s all too reminiscent of most unfortunate religious incidents which have cropped up under Count Sadek in the past, so even if you have ascertained that the shrine isn’t for religious purposes, for precautionary measures these actions were deemed appropriate.”

“With this said however, it has come to my attention that instead of removing this shrine whose origin lies in some..less known places, I can only inferior that you’d like to take different steps, otherwise it would hardly make sense you’d come out here to speak to me of all people in person if you were simply removing the shrine. With all of this said, I am willing to listen."

While this was taking place Lowrence and Nightshade appeared to listen respectfully and keep pace with Regula and the others, keeping a respectful distance behind her.

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Regula couldn't help but chuckle a bit at Ringo trying to stop calling her Baroness at exactly the time and place that'd be the better option. “{When we're out and about like this, especially meeting important people, calling me Baroness might be the better option.}” She figured she'd voice her thoughts.

She shook her head at Ringo's reluctance. “{You can help me by exploring the city together, if we've got some time off afterwards. I feel like I might need some time to wind down later, considering what we're heading into.}” As Ringo got excited at the pie idea, she chuckled. “{Then the pies will be a definite stop.}”

Although those around her might not understand Ringo's words, Regula certainly did. That made it easy for her face to take on a slightly reddish shade of red at Ringo's blatantness. She was glad the latter didn't speak common, as that would've caused a lot of misunderstandings... or well, technically she wasn't wrong? “{I... think saying it like that will make people misunderstand.}” She tried to point out to Ringo.

Then she realised she did need to translate something for the others... “She says it's a pleasure to meet you all and that she's also tasked with assisting me.” She figured that was the most she could somewhat safely translate. “It's a long story, but she's from an ancient culture and re-awoke in this one. I can explain more later.” She added, hoping to provide some minimal context.

She shook her head at Aria's remarks. “We were already the first to cave in and invite some of theirs over to inspect the shrine. We've done our part to regain respect already, now we should be on some more equal footing, or at least with enough distance bridged not to start off like this. I highly doubt it's a schedule thing, rather than a pre-planned move.” She felt her sister's positive judgement was a tad naïve. “Even so, let's try give them some degree of benefit of doubt.”

Considering the mission she was on, she'd kept her eyes strictly upon Ringo's eyes, then upon Nightshade's eyes, then upon Lowrence's eyes. There were many lethal distractions around her that she definitely couldn't afford to fall for right now. “I'm sure they'd appreciate it as much as I do.” She replied to Nightshade's offer to work alongside her friends.

She'd translate Nightshade's words to Ringo as well. “Nightshade {called you polite and respectable and compared you to some of the shrine maidens in Kuridan.}”

Luckily enough, the next step went a lot more smoothly, as the Archbishop allowed the others to join in as well. “Thank you, Archbishop.” She replied, noticing the two beastfolk were also clever enough to play nice right now.

Considering the paladin-like man wasn't saying anything, she didn't address him either. It might only further complicate things, after all, if she were to involve someone that was merely a guard or if she accidentally broke some form of protocol.

On the topic of protocol, she couldn't help stop for a second, upon entering through the doors. “Most impressive.” She comment upon the sights there. It wasn't even a buttering-up attempt, just a genuine remark.

Upon the suggestion of getting straight down to business, she nodded. “That would be appreciated.” She wasn't one for too many pleasantries either.

His first words made her a bit irked, but she managed to swallow it. “I understand and I believe the priests I invited have been able to thoroughly confirm that no such intends were present.” As for the different steps, she nodded. “If you'd permit me, I'd like to start off by once again stressing the similarities between the Mictlantecuhtlian deity an Meldaron.” She stated, as she'd do so upon being allowed to, comparing the two with Baroness' Word B. “Considering these similarities, I believe it would be most appropriate to incorporate the deity as one of the various forms with which Meldaron chooses to manifest himself. After all, I would not wish to risk angering the deity by taking away the shrine.”

That was the plan she'd come up with to approach this matter with. Now she'd just have to hope it'd work out as intended.

Baroness' Word B – Character Grade B, Appraisal B, [Baroness of Caelia] title, Culture B, Etiquette B, Insight B, Leadership B, Persuasion B, Religion B, Energised B – Using her position as a baroness and her social prowess, Regula studies, convinces, inspires or otherwise engages in social conversation. - Grade Be – 3 Post Cooldown.

__konpaku_youmu_touhou_drawn_by_maho_moco__sample-8e92aa4d6ca3cc53c71bc5528fc41058 (1) (1).jpg

Aria continued to look at her sister, she could hide from everyone else but Aria felt she knew her better. Catching the small blush pieced together all of the potential things that could have been said. But that wasn't why they had traveled so far to do here, or to speculate or even criticize. The sword maiden then simply then, closed her eyes and sighed with a small shake of her white haired head. It was a rather brief gesture, one would hardly even notice.

As for the replies to her comments, she glanced at Lawrence and nodded a moment before Aria bowed her head shallowly towards her sister. "Forgive my boldness in matters which I am not trained or fitting for my lady. Your are wise and it's only your judgement and tact that will make us successful here."

--

Once in the chamber with the arch bishop, Aria looked around a bit, the place was ornate, and the scent was peaceful. Surely, all of the details to be expected from such a high ranking holy place. As Regula began, Aria stood quiet and studied the two before her, it wouldn't go without noticing that the guard appointed to the bishop had some judgements and reservations regarding the beastfolk among their company. A detail that Aria wasn't rather fond of as she looked at the man with a slight glare. Nothing in the form of attempting intimidation, but more so a silent gesture of acknowledging his actions. Her eyes wouldn't remain fixed on the guard.

It wasn't until the Arch bishop started walking that she'd break the gaze and followed along beside Lawrence and Nightshade. Leaning in closer to Lawrence she spoke under her breath nearly to a whisper, "What was that all about?" She asked in questioning their reasoning for their submissive display. But she'd quickly follow up, "This place.. it's so.. beautiful here." She looked around a bit more, especially the altar. She'd then look down at her prosthetic feet as the wooden sandals echoed softly through the cathedral. "Do the gods really listen to us?" She muttered to herself.

1710563874709.png
Ringo
Ringo bowed nervously as the Baroness pointed out the need to use her title. "Ah, y-yes, Baroness, sorry." She was still trying to figure out when she should and should not call her different titles and when it was and wasn't appropriate to mention their sleep overs. Speaking of, it seemed she slipped up there to, rather badly judging by Regula's response. She hung her head in defeat and apologized again. "S-Sorry, Baroness..." Though even with those slip ups, Ringo's tails flowed pleasantly at the promise of pies, her spirit being to strong to stay down long. She could figure this out.

As the Baroness conversed with, well, someone who seemed rather important, most likely who they were there to meet with, Ringo stood silent slightly behind and next to her, ready to support, but eager not to mess things up worse. She watched the others who looked similar to her, but they were not Fae. And they were bowing?! Should she bow too?! Oh, it was probably too late at this point... Even standing still she managed to make a mess of things. Perhaps... perhaps no one noticed?

She turned her gaze to the other woman their, Aria. She had few interactions with her, the girl often shooting glances of something at Ringo, disapproval, but of what she couldn't decipher. Though when Regula translated for them, she seemed pleasant enough, and Ringo knew that Regula trusted her dearly, so she was someone who likely knew what was going on. And she seemed disappointed in the others for bowing? So maybe it was fine. She really needed to start learning this other language... The Komainu did her best to keep pace with Regula as she walked and talked, stopping and starting with her to remain in a position of silent support.

Mentions: Elvario Elvario StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal RavenSong RavenSong

Lowrence
mQsW8HX-1-1.jpg

Lowrence’s interest appeared piqued a bit more when Regula mentioned that Ringo was from some ancient place.

“Sounds similar to what that [Large] construct, Teuihua who was protecting you earlier described his origin to be, regardless the pleasure is all mine.” Lowrence reassured politely continuing his smile in Ringo and Regula’s direction.

Nightshade
Pb4BXTo-1.jpg

Nightshade nodded and gave her own smile, still ruminating over the fact that despite these origins Ringo’s vibe really did remind her of the sorts from Kuridan.

“Thank you for the insight, Lady Caelia, I’m sure we’ll get along just fine.” She said before turning and giving a small nod to Ringo.

Lowrence gave another small bow toward Regula after her explanation and saying to give a degree of benefit of doubt.

“Understood Lady Caelia.”

An action which Nightshade imitated, also acknowledging Regula’s reply about her friends appreciating them.

??? Paladin

The Paladin almost appeared to scoff at Aria’s glare, before going back to a more neutral serious look as he followed the ArchBishop along after.

'I just don't understand why you'd want to bring animals into the temple.' The paladin didn't move his mouth but surprisingly it was as if Aria could hear his words in her mind, no actual sound leaving his mouth, it looked like some form of telepathy was at play. It didn't appear that anyone else was hearing him.

By the time they were on the move, Lowrence looked back to Aria maintaining his positive outward expression, replying equally as softly.

“When speaking to figures of authority…from a disempowered position you learn that showing that you know you place can be advantageous in the long term.” Lowrence indirectly referenced how he and Nightshade had formerly been slaves and constantly needed to appease those who had power over them.

Nightshade seemed to agree, giving a bit of a nod. Before adding in,

“I agree, the quality of this architecture and the precious materials used are comparable to what I’ve seen used in some of the finer parts of the Empire..”

The party still following behind.

Archbishop Neror Bidag
2e635d0f-beb2-4e8d-ba96-fc82e5812ed9-1-1.png
He gave a simple nod when Regula thanked him.

“Naturally, I’m glad you deem it so. The Taaj Undecim Temple must be in impeccable conditions at all times, as I am certain you are aware it acts as a centerpiece in this fine capital, dedicated to the gods themselves, anything less would be inappropriate when properly respecting the divine.”

“While what you say may be so in that those who came to investigate ascertained that, there were still concerns from the larger body as a whole, which I’m well aware you gathered.”

The Archbishop listened to what Regula had to say, permitting her to speak on the matter.

“Hm..I hear some of these similarities, and if i remember correctly at least one of those who visited the shrine determined there was a possibility this was the case, however even if I were to take you at face value as the points you raise are compelling enough in that it’s possible that this Mictlantecuhtlian deity is simply an older avatar or manifestation of Meladron, ultimately in order to gain more sufficient consensus on the matter, I believe it would be more effective if I was able to confidently say that the person who conveyed this information to me..was...”

He’d pause for a moment like he was choosing his words strategically,

“...Was bringing these points and considerations into light because it was apparent they were Actively interested in supporting our mission and that this point was raised out of a desire to ensure that our understanding of Meldaron was more complete…if you understand what I am trying to articulate.”

It wouldn’t be very hard to read between the lines and see that the Archbishop was wanting Regula to make a gesture which benefited the Church faction in some capacity. Whether it was to get the others to more readily agree with her or not as he said was debatable.

Archbishop Bidag then looked to Ringo as he eventually stopped walking as they were near the point where the processional way started to the altar.

“Also if you do not mind me asking, I am curious if she has anything to say on this matter, or perhaps has any additional information to share? My understanding is that she is rather well versed from personal experience on this possible avatar or perhaps ancient incarnation of Meldaron.”

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

“{It's alright, I'm sure you'll pick it up soon enough.}” She'd quickly say a few words of comfort to Ringo.

As for what Lowrence mentioned, she was a bit surprised. “That is correct, they're from the same ancient civilisation.” She hadn't really kept of how much Lowrence, Siegfried and Teuihua had been sharing information about themselves during their outing near the magic tower.

She nodded at his words of praising the divine by fancy buildings. She wasn't sure if the entire pantheon would appreciate such things, but she wasn't one to argue about such things.

Despite having been a baroness for a while, having had some advisors trying to shove politics into her and having had a few run-ins with other high-ranking factions already, she was still needing a hot minute to figure out what the Archbishop was unsubtly hinting at. Only when she realised he wanted more and used some insight (B) did it click.

“Ah, but of course, I'd love to royally invest in some proper research and for the proper procedures to be conducted for these means.” She stated with Baroness' Word B, backed by the Wealth B she'd obtained through-out her many adventures, her work as an artisan and her savings and investments. She'd not dare use the barony's funds for this purpose, so she was glad to have her own from her artisan (B) skills and merchant connection (C) had gotten her enough money to back up such a statement. “It would be my own pleasure to see this develop into a fruitful long-term connection as well.” She added, figuring she might as well hint at the fact that she might become a repeating-donor.

Baroness' Word B – Character Grade B, Appraisal B, [Baroness of Caelia] title, Culture B, Etiquette B, Insight B, Leadership B, Persuasion B, Religion B, Energised B – Using her position as a baroness and her social prowess, Regula studies, convinces, inspires or otherwise engages in social conversation. - Grade Be – 3 Post Cooldown.

She gestured to Lowrence and Nightshade. “My administrators can help iron out any details and ensure that things are settled as early as today, if needed. They have a good enough knowledge of business and law to set-up a mutually beneficial arrangement and they are well acquainted with the county and barony.” It was a bit risky to allow them to work on such a big and expensive deal, but she'd gotten a very good feeling about them and she knew it wasn't just their tails, as she hadn't even touched those yet.

Next up, she was a tad surprised when the Archbishop wanted to hear from Ringo as well. “She doesn't speak the common tongue yet, so please allow me to translate.” She said, before turning to Ringo. “{The bishop wishes to know if you have anything to say on the matter of the deity from your shrine being incorporated into the Ryke pantheon as a former avatar of Meldaron. He also wishes to know if you have any additional information to share.}”

Despite this being the main topic, she wasn't blind to something else she'd noticed occurring. “Although, as we discuss it, might I suggest that, perhaps, your personal guard and my Marshall would be given the chance to have an honourable duel? It would not be befitting for tension to grow between two honourable and righteous warriors.” She'd seen some glares and grumbles between them, sure, although she also figured that impressing someone close to the Archbishop would be beneficial in the long-run. Aria being able to either beat him or at least show him a good fight in a duel would definitely be a way to get there.

1710998439920.png
Ringo
Ringo perked up, looking surprised as the Bishop looked to her. Of course he would, her shrine was the whole reason they were there after all. She turned to Regula, who translated for her, but her ears drooped at the realization that she was once again being questioned on the deity. She bowed her head respectfully to the bishop as she answered. "{I-I apologize, Baroness. I'm afraid I do not know or have any other information. These people call me priestess, but the reality couldn't be farther from the truth. I am a priestess in title only. I was a guardian, a keeper. My job was to protect and maintain the shrine. I did chores, collected offerings, welcomed and comforted guests, and helped with the celebrations and ceremonies. Sometimes, I eased a soul during passing, so they did not lose their way. And sometimes I was asked to call wandering souls back to the path. But I do not know the rites or the scriptures. I do not know who gave me such a task or why, or...}" A few stray tears fell to the floor as she steeled herself to keep calm. "{...or why I did not wake until you came along, or where the deity who once inhabited the shrine went. I do not even know their name. The only thing I know is that the shrine is empty. Dead... I would like to see it alive again, the same way I was brought out of hibernation. But I have no intention of reviving a religion, nor could I if I wanted to, as I don't know it. I just want to take care of what's left of my home...}" She gripped her obi and squeezed it gently to relieve her stress. Once she collected herself, she raised her head and smiled to Regula. She wanted to run to the woman, embrace her, and feel her comfort, but here, outside the bedroom, all she could do was her best to serve her. "{Forgive me, Baroness, I let my emotions get the best of me. It seems all these questions are wearing me down. I think it might be more appropriate to say that I did not hold a position that allowed me such insights, and I have no opinions on the way my religions history is interpreted.}" She gave a polite bow to Regula, then to the Bishop, and returned to her place awaiting any further questions.

As the party continued deeper into the cathedral, Aria had heard a voice. At first, it made her neck twitch ever so slightly but then she realized it was the paladins voice. It made the marshall a bit unsettled considering the potential power of someone so close to the arch bishop. Surely, this was his best champion and mental tampering wasn't something she felt prepared to face should the need arise.

Even so, the words themselves were so what antagonistic to Aria. Not for herself of course, but for Regula. Of course, she held strong reservations towards her fondness of beastfolk, but as servants of a baroness it wasn't anyone's place to judge. Perhaps, Aria didn't want to face the reality that her sister wasn't upholding an image she herself had created in her mind. To the marshal, Regula was the savior of the people, but to break ties with the spiritual realms would indeed be a setback.

The sword maiden weighed the pros and cons of a potential rivalry, and distracted only slightly by Lawrence but addressing him she began in a soft yet monotonous tone. "I see. Perhaps it is for the best.." she pondered silently briefly, "..do you ever desire to be seen as an equal?" Then Nightshades reference to the empire. "Impressive observation. Do you ever miss your home?" Her head tilting slightly with curiosity.

As Regula addressed the various topics one in particular in reference to her caught her attention. When hearing her name Aria stepped forward and bowed deeply. "M'lady. I hold no personal distaste for the bishops champion. However, if it is conducive to our goal then I shall do as you desire."

Mention: Elvario Elvario StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal RavenSong RavenSong

Lowrence
mQsW8HX-1.jpg

Lowrence gave a respectful nod with a bit of a tail wag, “I’m pleased to hear that my inference skills have not dulled then.”
---
Archbishop Neror Bidag
2e635d0f-beb2-4e8d-ba96-fc82e5812ed9-1-1.png

The Archbishop gave a bit of a smile Regula’s way when he heard her mention royally investing and speak of having a closer long term relationship. “I see, I think those involved would find such an action of good faith and intention to be most appreciated.”

He then looked back to Lowrence and Nightshade curiously before looking back to Regula before pausing, looking like he was in thought before nodding. “Very well, if you would like to entrust them with that prospect then I can see to it that they meet the proper people to ensure that these funds would go in the right places which would be first and foremost of proper use …most advantageous to this theoretical longer term relationship you speak of.”

Both Nightshade and Lowrence bowed both exuding the etiquette and professionalism required.

He nodded in understanding once again when the Baroness explained the situation with Ringo and how she did not speak the common language yet.

(Assuming Regula Translated what Ringo said) Archbishop Bidag had an expression of thought on his face once again after Regula explained what Ringo had been articulating.

“I see, so she really doesn’t know all too much more than we do from the sounds of it, to the point where she wouldn’t even really consider herself part of that faith, only in title alone..that will be easier to explain should it come up. I believe it may be be moving to reiterate once more the shrine is more like a home to Ringo and that this sentiment rings true from her herself rather than someone else speaking on her behalf on the matter..truthfully that experience sounds quite harrowing in it’s own right waking up somewhere where everyone you knew is gone and the world around you has completely changed…Indeed your story is compelling.”
He spoke a
bit more compassionately with his tone, in lieu of Ringo’s tears.

"Worry not Keeper, I will see what I can do to ensure you may keep your home."

Upon hearing this the paladin sort’s expression shifted yet again to one which wasn’t the most pleased upon hearing that it sounded like Bidag was moved by Ringo’s plights, looking a bit skeptical, before the serious look returned.

Lowrence responded softly back to Aria’s question, “When wonderful people like Lady Caelia are willing to work and care for our kind, desires like those are not at the forefront of my life.” Lowrence responded like the good non beast supremacist he was.

Nightshade
Pb4BXTo-1.jpg
Nightshade also responded softly,

“My home..I suppose if you mean Kuridan, then I really did enjoy living there and I have fond memories, but then Empire became my new home, I miss parts about living in the the empire, but I could not say in good conscious that I necessarily miss our old master..while I will always appreciate the necessities of life being provided for us, beyond that...”

she shook her head slowly as it was like she was trailing off in thought.

“Thankfully I have met Lady Caelia and the gods willing she’ll continue to allow me to work alongside her, and maybe then I’ll have another home where I can do good work.”

The Archbishop looked a bit surprised at hearing Regula comment on what was going on between Aria and the Paladin looking sort, before he carefully nodded, “Very well then, we can continue to discuss, I have no qualms about them dueling as long as it isn’t in here of course.”

Karsten Geissler

It was by that point everyone could hear the telepathic voice come from the Paladin.

“The name is Karsten Geissler, I’m a Knights commander from the order of Liman Talab. I’d be more than happy to show your Marshall here how I do things.”

Karsten began to walk toward the direction they came before opening up an orangey yellow glowing portal then and there.

“Well follow me then.” He spoke to Aria, before making his way into it.

There was a large circular white stone stage which appeared to be hanging above nothing, Karsten was standing on the far end of the circular arena, surrounding them was a dark and stormy sky of sorts which was very active. There were magical glowing orb lights around the arena illuminating it. Intuitively one would assume they had entered some sort of pocket dimension intended for combat. There appeared to be a faint barrier which went all the way around the arena perhaps to keep them in safely.

“Unless you plan on backing out now which honestly I couldn't blame you if you did; just let me know when you want to begin.” A smirk fell upon his face on that latter line, as his hand went to his sheathed sword.

"So then I imagine we should further discuss the logistics of your...generosity."

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Regula felt her heart snap like a twig, melt like butter and shatter like pots in a Zelda game when Ringo started with an apology. As Ringo finished her story, Regula couldn't abstain from quickly ruffling a hand through the girl's hair. “{Thank you.}” She stated, hoping that action wouldn't be too unprofessional. Then again, surely giving a single smile of affection to someone in clear distress would be allowed, right? If not, she might need to change her tactics and burn the entire church down rather than try to make friend with it. Either way, such thoughts left aside, she'd translate what the girl had told her.

Upon Aria's reply, she'd nod. “Isn't it true for warrior to speak through their skill, rather than their words?” She'd ask the Marshall. “I believe it would be beneficial to show them our barony's strength and determination in general.” She stated, hinting at the idea that a good display here might be beneficial for more than just resolving their most immediate concerns.

Although she was a tad disappointed by how readily the archbishop was bribed, she was able to avoid showing it. At the end of the day, it was in her favour and she believed the overall price was a worthwhile investment. “Of course.” She stated, to his suggestion of having Regula's people meet the archbishop's people. She'd take some time to check the main lines and plans herself, of course, but the details could be left to be ironed out by the underlings. Especially as the main point was to just put some coin in the hands of the church to get them more cooperative.

She'd translate back for Ringo. “{The Archbishop believes your story to be true and told us he has no desire to take the shrine, considering it is your home, away from you.}” She figured she'd keep it short, as that'd been the essence of the story.

Upon the Archbishop and Paladin both agreeing to a duel, she'd nod. “Good. I wish you both an honourable duel.” She'd state, seeing them leave into a portal. Truthfully, a small part of her sort-off wanted to test her own strength against him. That said, she knew doing such a thing would definitely not be suitable for her current position.

Upon being asked to further discuss the logistics, Regula nodded. “Of course. Although I do believe we can leave the details to our staff, unless there are any specific requests I could offer to most effectively aid the church in its endeavours?” She wasn't entirely sure what else he wished to discuss, so she figured she'd phrase it with some level of care. To that extend, she figured she'd take a bit of time to carefully observe the man (Insight B) to see if she could figure out more of his intention.

When Lawrence stated his reasons for not wanting equality among the races she shook her head a bit. "I suppose it's a valid reason. Lady Regula is indeed quite the bastion of sanctuary." She'd leave it at that, no need to attempt to make the beastkin change his outlook when it appeared his ways were set in stone.

Nightshade then spoke up afterwards, she nodded, but didn't press further, "There is indeed always a need for good work. Perhaps if you're ever in need of employment you could volunteer your time to help me with the guards shifts schedules." She shrugged a bit. "Of course, if it's within your interests."

As Regulas words were translated, it made clearer sense to Aria why Ringo had begun to weep. The sword maiden closed her eyes dutifully however, empathy was quite the foreign emotion, however when she opened her eyes Regula ran her hand through the beastkin's hair. A confused look would overcome the sword maidens features but then it dawned on her the state of their relationship. They were in fact much closer than she thought. Tilting her head she nodded softly. "Time and good people wash away even the most stubborn of sorrows." She bowed her head somewhat solemnly. If this was indeed Regulas beloved, she'd be sure to offer some semblance of comfort if she could.

--

As Aria had bowed and made her comments, Regula asked her a peculiar question, to which she replied still bowing, "I suppose it depends on the warrior, m'lady. Words can indeed pierce in ways a sword could never. Just as the sword could be used as a tool to craft and clear a path so too can words inspire or maim." Raising her head she cleared her throat. "Forgive my digression m'lady. I will do as you wish. Please excuse me." She'd bow then at the bishop. "Your grace."

--

The paladins disgust towards the beastfolk had not been unseen. It appeared a degree of racism had been festering within the holy knight however, all of her own assumptions were nothing more than suspicions.

When he introduced himself the booming voice in her mind made her ever more uneasy. What on earth was this knight capable, being a commander so close to the bishop surely meant he was a powerful fighter.

When he responded to Aria and openly offered to show her 'how things were done' felt very much like a challenge. A challenge she was both eager and anxious to meet. Without another word she'd make her way into the portal.

When within the alternate dimensional arena, Aria scanned the place quickly, then, the knights taunt. Aria would step forward, her synthetic feet clinging within her wooden sandals as she did so. She'd bow her head. "Honor would have me pierce my stomach in shame than to forfeit a duel."

Breaking her bow, she'd draw her katana, raising it up slowly then behind her then finally to her side. "Your move, paladin."

1711723857454.png
Ringo
The Komainu smiled, relieved that her answer seemed to be well received, her face warming at Regula's show of comfort. Aria's words caught her off guard, but she realized the kindness in the woman's tone and merely smiled, getting the gist.

She stepped back, and watched in surprise, unsure of what was happening as the paladin spoke telepathically and opened the portal for he and Aria to step through. She wasn't too fond of this man, but she wasn't sure why she felt that way. He looked normal enough, but his lack of interacting with the others and demeanor seemed closed off.

The arena seemed like an unpleasant place and as the combatants took there place, she realized what was happening, but unsure why, or what the consequences of such a duel were. would the outcome decide the shrines fate, or was this like a trial? She almost asked Regula what was going on, but decided that interrupting her during business talks would be a bad idea. She was beginning to wish more and more that the sentry could have accompanied them as well.

Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong

Mention: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario

Nightshade
Pb4BXTo-1-1.jpg

Nightshade would have bowed to Aria at the offer and thanked her for the opportunity while

Lowrence
mQsW8HX-1-2.jpg

Lowrence nodded in acknowledgement at her response politely in agreement about Regula.

The Archbishop also acknowledged her nonverbally before she went.
---
Archbishop Neror Bidag

2e635d0f-beb2-4e8d-ba96-fc82e5812ed9-1-1-1.png
“Now, I do want to reiterate by once again prefacing before we proceed, that I can say in confidence, that I am recommending this course of action because I believe it will yield you the most favorable results in this circumstance.” From what Regula could tell the Archbishop was being genuine.

“I think that is doable, believe it or not I actually had a feeling that when we did not receive notification that you would be removing the shrine, that our meeting today may result in something like this..so I did keep some more financially inclined individuals on standby who can discuss on short notice, for the purpose of punctuality, I imagine that Nightshade and Lowrence can further discuss..the details as you say, with them shortly then? I suppose it is as you say then..perhaps we need not discuss much more personally.”

As the Archbishop reached this conclusion with what Regula said not long after another figure came out looked rather distinguished.

Somur Rutsk
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 9.28.08 PM.png

They had a legalistic look while there also being suggestions of wealth.

The man gave a respectful Bow after getting within proximity of the Archbishop, also giving a bow to Regula.

“Pardon me, but I just simply couldn’t help but overhear it sounds like my services will be needed shortly is that right?..”

He looked over to Nightshade and Lowrence with a smile.

“Well..erm yes actually, Monsignor Rutsk, you were the one I had in mind for these arrangements.”

“I was hoping you’d say that Archbishop.” he continued.

“I do not believe we’ve met before, It’s an honor Baroness Caelia. I'm Somur Rutsk.” He looked at Regula as he said this. Before also looking to Ringo.

“{And you must be the one everyone’s been talking about..aren’t you?}” He said, his perception almost uncanny with how much he knew, it seeming very likely he had been listening in the whole time somehow, perhaps even well before Regula had even set foot into the temple, which while not necessarily a bad thing was curious.

“{As The Archbishop says, I will see to it that something favorable is reached, It’d hardly be fair if you lost your home due to a simple misunderstanding.}” He further added, speaking to Ringo, using Sylvan.

“Lowrence, and Nightshade was it? Why don’t you join me and we can discuss, only of course if it is agreeable to Baorness Caelia."

Lowrence and Nightshade looked to Regula expectantly as if they needed permission before acting one way or another.

Should Regula agree, the trio would be off to discuss, and the Archbishop would look back to her,

“I imagine with that in order we can see how this duel carries out then hm?” There appeared to be some sort of viewing orb now near where the portal had opened up which allowed those nearby to see into the dimension to see how the duel was developing so to speak.
---

Karsten Geissler
Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 3.29.28 PM-1-1.png

“Tch..Even the style of your sword, it reminds me of their blades..” He telepathed over. “But if you insist, just remember I gave you the opportunity to back down.” He continued sounding overly confident.

“Let us begin then!”

And just like that Karsten drew his long sword which looked somewhat ornate like his armor, before he started to move forward into what looked almost like a flash step as he had a bit of an after image before he went in for an overhead strike, his blade taking on a dark hue with a white outline on the exterior, perhaps being powered up by some form of magic, he stopped when he was in about 5 ft before he went in for a fast overhead swing Aria’s well.

The paladins telepathy continued to unease her evident by her eyes fluttering with confusion. She stood fast though, putting a foot forward.

"What reason do you command to be prejudice?" She asked as she spun her sword getting ready for the incoming attack.

Arias initial instinct was to teleport, however she almost felt obliged to stand her ground and go against her usual strategies. Using Accelerated Vision the sword maiden would foresee the paladins incoming attack before it happened, raising her sword above her head to meet the attack head on with [Fighting Style - Swords - B] and [Deflect F]. To which then she'd follow up with a basic attack of her own.

Accelerated Vision - Precognition F - Appraisal D - Warfare F - Focus F - Aria concentrates on all of her gathered battle experience and pierces the veil of time to see moments into the future of a battle whether it was to read an opponent or prepare for a spike in hostility - Grade D - 1 post cooldown [Energized D]

Action 1 - Pre Cognition
Action 2 - Fighting Style B - Deflect
Action 3 - Basic Attack

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

As would befit a noblewoman and an archbishop, they'd settled on having their people deal with the boring details, now that the general gist of things had been settled. “Of course, thank you.” She replied to the archbishop, as he at least seemed genuine. “They're available at your earliest convince.” She'd reply regarding the two beast assistants.

“It's nice to meet you.” She spoke, with a nod towards Somur. She figured that'd be the right balance of showing some respect without blurring the different in status between them. She nodded again upon his question. “I trust the three of you will be able to find out mutually beneficial manners regarding this contribution.”

Finally, she'd reply to the Archbishop. “Of course. I hope I wasn't taking too much freedom when suggesting the duel previously.” She'd state, as she watched through the orb to view what was going on.

Mention: Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Archbishop Neror Bidag
2e635d0f-beb2-4e8d-ba96-fc82e5812ed9-1-1-1.png

The Archbishop gave Regula a nod to show that he was paying attention, to what she was saying.

The interactions on the outside of the duel went positive for Regula, Somur took her words well, and confirmed that they would be able to, as did Nightshade and Lowrence. With all three showing the Baroness respect and leaving to hopefully come to a positive plan of action.

"Uh yes, I take it you'll be reasonable Somur."

Somur was quick to confirm he would be.

When the diplomats so to speak were gone, his attention went back to the duel and Regula. "It's quite alright, it was in your judgement that they should settle themselves rather than let discontent stew, While I admire Karsten for his devotion and discipline , he can be a bit..intense. If your Marshall is as good as she seems to be perhaps it'd be a good thing if he was humbled some."

Commenting as the scene below developed with Aria expertly countering Karsten's attack.

Karsten Geissler
Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 3.29.28 PM-1-1.png

"The gods chose us,I don't understand the point of allowing the beast peoples to have positions of authority in society, we don't need them, and have plenty of our own to take care of!" He responded with his arguably misguided reasoning in telepathy
While the battle continued in the Arena, Karsten was effectively countered his probably blighted attack countered, a look of surprise falling upon his confident face.

"And just how did you manage that?"
He exclaimed telepathing once more. It was apparent he hadn't been expecting area to respond to quickly and effectively with how fast he had been moving, unaware that she had seen ahead so that his move had been telegraphed. Karsten on the other hand just managed to respond to her basic strike with a basic block, her sword actually striking not only his sword but coming down on his armor some which would count in her favor when all was said and done.

"So you can deal with my speed and a basic attack like that how about we see if you can handle this!" He moved again with quick speed this time going in for multiple hits first swinging at Aria's right side, then her left, his sword once again glowing, The strike patterns were a bit more complex in an effort to better throw her off, and against a lower grade opponent Karsten without a doubt would have been superior, however given Aria's capabilities and should her precognition come into play she'd likely be able to handle them as she did the first, and potentially open him up to further counter strikes.

(+1 Point to Aria for landing part of her strike on Karsten's body armor)

Arias head will shake as the paladin spoke within her mind. "Please. Do you not speak with your lips? Why do you speak within my mind?" It was then that her deflect would be effective to which she pushed him back as their swords clashed.

"I disagree. As different as they are they still take part of this world. Therefore deserve their place amongst us."
When asked how she was able to parry Karstens attack she remained quiet. However, before she could inquire a question of her own he threatened his follow up attack. "
Once more she used Accelerated Vision her left eye sparkled as she perceived his incoming attack once more and using Fighting Style Swords B - Deflect. To deflect the multiple attacks. However, this time she'd use Teleport Strike in an attempt to counter attack.

• Teleport Strike - Fighting Style - Swords F - Teleport F 10ft- Energized E - Steady Hands D - Teleports within a 10ft distance of target before slashing target with equipped blade. Grade E - 0 post cool down [Energized D]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back