• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] A Heart For This Home

NeramoDJI

Deodorant Devourer
1660679250910.png
Somewhere within the territory of Ryke's land, there was a deep forest, far away from any villages or roads. Even deeper within this forest, was a small clearing with beautiful water falls and trees with glowing fruit. This was Witch's Grotto, named for it being where those killed for Magic crimes were buried. It was early morning, with birds tweeting and singing, and the morning sun glistening off the scenic waterfalls that lined the walls of the grotto. Maikoa stepped into the grotto through a small gap in the rocks, her eyes slowly gazing around with a silent smile on her face.

Maikoa Groave
1660705877744.png
"We can rest here. Your wounds still need recovery dear Shuten, but we will be safe here." She said with a small smile, turning to the bigger monster and stepping aside for him to enter the grotto. Her once tense body is now extremely relaxed, like someone who had let out a breath they had been holding for days. She walked towards a small cabin beneath a tree, though the cabin looked strange, like the cabin itself was a tree that had twisted in shape as it grew into naturally becoming a cabin. She stepped onto the front door, gently laying a hand on the wall, a green glow coming from her hand as it began to slowly open, the tree twisting to open a door like entry way. "Would you care to enter brother?" She asked softly, smiling a little bit towards the larger monster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shuten-Doji

He still reeled from the battle with the elf and human, He was angrier with himself more than anything else because in his mind they should have been easy prey. Instead they forced him to retreat and took with them a month's worth of food. "Elf..." He remarked in their native tongue as he entered the grotto. Shuten-Doji's eyes wandered over the somewhat isolated space, taking in all of the scenery as well as noting the solitude that it offered. It was a unique and surprisingly calming location. But the tranquil sounds of the waterfalls did little to quell his anger and frustration. As he walked alongside the water, he dragged his tendrils through the water. "Your dwelling?" The monster inquired as he drew near to the tree home.

1660772509066.png

Hesitant and cautious, the beast stepped across the threshold of the home, his knuckles pressed against the ground with every step as he walked on all fours. "Small." He declared. His twelve eyes darted about, analyzing the home and taking in its shape and layout. "Live...as....food?" Shuten-Doji was confused as to why Maikoa would choose to live in such a dwelling, as if they were elves, humans, and dwarves. The eyes on his arms rolled around to fixate on the female monster, staring at her while the other eyes continued to look through the home.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Maikoa Groave

1660705877744.png
Maikoa nodded softly at the question posed by the large monster. "This is my home. Where I was born as well." She said softly, looking towards Shuten with her golden eyes, her hair draped down along her back, slowly looking around the home before sitting down a moment. The peace of this place always eased her nerves, though her instincts to leave and destroy and harm others would always bubble and rise no matter how she tried to focus on the peace of her home. She looked towards her fellow monster, gently placing a hand on the ground as the roof slowly opened, the tree above them with glowing fruit slowly dropping it down towards them through the roof hole, landing in a bowl that was also grown from the tree itself between the two.

"I understand they are no bodies, but these will provide sustenance if you are able to eat them." She offered, gently holding one in her hand before holding it out to Shuten. She listened to his question regarding her living choices, shaking her head softly. She stood softly, running a soft hand along the wall with the subtlest of smiles. "I do not live as they do. The land is not ripped open and demanded of here. I ask the land to assist me. I know the land, and it knows me. The mortals also never leave their homes, cowering like the bugs that scatter when you lift a stone. Was that not what happened with the village? You lifted the stone, the insects scattered." She asked, turning towards Shuten with a small raised eyebrow, before looking around again. She noticed how he needed to hunch, placing a hand on the wall and closing her eyes, the fruit on her hip slowly glowing before the roof of the building slowly began to raise up, giving Shuten some breathing room.

1660843675653.png

Last edited:
Shuten-Doji
1660845596538.png

She was born here on the continent of civilization? The eyes on the monster's face narrowed in suspicion, but the other eyes remained neutrally fixed on Maikoa. She did not seem as the other monsters he encountered on the dark continent and now he knew why. When she offered a fruit to consume, he carefully plucked the offering with his claws and brought it to his nose. One deep inhale permitted him to smell the fruit and he quickly shook his head before he threw the fruit on the floor. "Not...food." Fruit was not something that he had indulged in prior to meeting her and he had no intention of trying it now. Perhaps she could eat it because of her species, but he was no plant.

Looking up he noted that the ceiling was being raised, granting him more space and allowing him to relax his body a bit more. All of his eyes followed her now as she spoke about the difference between how she lived and how men lived. Thinking back to his initial assualt on the village brought a low rumble up from inside the monster, a mix between chuckling and purring. His tail slid from the left to the right across the ground as he thought back to the fires that started and the screams that filled the air as he cut down the people.

"My...dwelling." Shuten-Doji declared as he stood back up on all fours once more and started towards the exit. This place was secluded and somewhat hidden, it was the perfect place to return to after a hunt or the perfect place to take refuge if he found himself overwhelmed. "Our dwelling?" He walked through the door with his eyes still focused on the smaller monster. "Safe here."

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Maikoa Groave

1660705877744.png
Maikoa smiled a little, understanding his distaste with the fruit and picking it up herself, placing it back in the bowl for some later purpose. She looked towards the larger monster, understanding the suspicious look she received, before seating herself down. Her instincts told her to trust the monster before her, and her own choice was a desire to look after it and help it, like that of a mother or older sister. She had not met any other monsters before his own arrival, but she didn't really have any expectations to be met or failed. So instead, she stood up and followed the monster outside.

She gathered the fruits that had been discarded, taking one for herself, before walking around the grotto slowly, taking a moment every so often to kneel and bury the fruit she was not eating. "This land is not entirely free from men. They bring the dead that they do not value here and cast them into my grotto. I have seen it all too many times." She said, not wanting the monster to get any wrong ideas about there being no humans around at all, even if they were infrequent.

When Shuten muttered about this place being his dwelling, she smiled softly after planting the last fruit, standing up and slowly putting the fruit she had kept in the bowl from earlier. She walked towards Shuten as he asked about it being the two's dwelling, smiling a moment.
"Of course. This land is safe for us both." She responded, offering a hand to the larger monster, keeping careful to keep her hand from moving to fast as to not startle the already cautious monster. "Our dwelling." She said, that subtle smile once again barely showing through her face.

1661101315050.pngShuten-Doji

So this was a dumping ground for the dead as well as her home. He could see the strategic value of such a place, even if he didn't quite understand all the ways this place could be useful, he did know it made for a good hideout. No on would suspect monsters to be hiding in a grave and who would dare climb into one to investigate. His nostrils opened wide, flaring as he inhaled deeply and familiarized himself with the scent of the grotto. There was definitely an underlying scent of decay in the air, but it wasn't strong. While this place seemed perfect, Shuten-Doji had no intentions of hiding away here for the rest of his life. "We...hunt?" If people were dumping bodies here then that meant a village of man was not too far away. After that fight and after their long journey to this place, they would need to eat to restore their energy.

Just then one of his eyes caught movement; a shadow. It slid over the the ground with no body attached to it and his eyes were stuck to it, mesmerized by the peculiarity. Slowly, he followed the shadow as it approached Maikoa's tree, but then a noise rose up, like the fluttering of wings.

"Master!" Called several scratchy and dry voices in unison.
1661101385243.png

Shuten-Doji quickly looked up to finally gaze upon the source of the shadow and there in the air were five winged monsters carrying what looked to be a badly burned figure, barely alive. Shuten-Doji quickly turned looked to Maikoa in confusion and then back to the strangers as they seemed to approach him. He backed away from the place where it seemed the group was going to land and watched them drop the body. It let out a weak groan almost as if breathing its last breath.

"A survivor from your assault on Riverend! We brought them for you!" The creatures fluttered over the the large monster and right away his tendrils lashed out at them, swatting them away like rodents. "We only want to help you, Master! Help you recover, help you grow." Shuten-Doji kept al but one eye on the flying pests, his free eye looked to Maikoa, waiting to see what she would say to this odd situation.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Maikoa Groave

1660705877744.png
Maikoa looked towards Shuten as he sniffed her grotto, most of the smell being the waters mist flowing around them and an overwhelming amount of plant scent. There were steep walls to the grotto, and a small trench around the point they were standing on at the current point. When Shuten had spoken, Maikoa looked to him with a nod, withdrawing her hand slowly. "We may hunt. But we should come from another angle for our attack. No need to simply let them find us." She said, explaining her thoughts on the invasion idea, her golden eyes staring into Shutens own, specifically the ones on his face.

She turned the voices that approached, listening to them call out to Shuten with a burnt corpse in their arms, a little disgusted with their large heads, but looking towards shuten and shrugging a moment, gesturing to it.
"I could not provide you food, but they have brought some. If you wish to eat you should." She said simply, not minding the creatures one way or the other, since she cared for all monsters.

"You will need your strength if you wish to hunt once more." She concluded, placing a hand on the beasts back in an effort to assure and comfort the beast all at once, before stepping aside for it to eat if Shuten wished to.

Shuten-Doji

The large monster was not convinced that he could trust the bat-like creatures, but he was certain he could kill them if they tried to move against him or Maikoa. He approached the body, listening to its weak gasping and deciding to put it out of its misery. "Not good." He protested as his large hand pressed down on the human's skull. He bared down with all his weight until the sound of shattering bone echoed throughout the grotto. Behind him the berbalangs bickered back and forth with one another, scolding themselves for presenting such a poor offering.

He turned his attention to Maikoa. "Hunt." He wouldn't settle for charcoal bodies, plus they now had some help to make up for his lack of strength at the moment. The flying creatures would be put to good use in no time. "You lead, we follow." He told the female monster as he turned to face her.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Maikoa Groave
1660705877744.png
Maikoa watched Shuten critique the offering and eventually reject it, killing the human in the process. Maikoa hummed a moment, looking him over a bit, walking over to the body and slowly pulling it under the tree with glowing fruit, humming a moment as the roots of the tree began to pull around the body, slowly pulling it down. Maikoa figured that if Shuten did not want it, it might as well be brought back into nature.

When Shuten told her to hunt with him, she nodded slowly, staring at him with those golden eyes of hers. "Very well. I will guide you to the humans home. It should not be far." She said with a nod, not intending to eat any of the humans herself, but figuring that if Shuten needed to eat them, she would assist.

She began to walk towards the mouth of the grotto, the vines parting for her as she turned to look towards Shuten, gesturing with her head for him to come with her.
"This way. We will take the road south and loop towards them." She said, not wanting to reveal that they came from the grotto, since survivors were likely, and they would certainly tell anyone what direction the monsters went or came from if they knew.

Shuten-Doji

1661438733180.png
At first he assumed that she was about to consume the charred body, how disgusting that would have been, but to his surprise she gifted it to the tree. He didn't understand how that would feed her, but he could care less if she wanted to starve or not. His eyes followed the woman and he turned to follow behind her. As he strode across the gap on all fours, the bat-like creatures landed on Shuten-Doji's shoulders and back. The only reason that he did not immediately swat them like the flies they are was because they started to pick the leaves and junk out of his mane. "We'll clean you up master!"

"Pests."
He growled lowly as he crossed through the vines and out of the grotto. He would have to familiarize himself with this area and this would be a good opportunity to do just that. Most of all he was looking forward to eating, and killing.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Maikoa Groave
1660705877744.png
The road was slow and easy, the dirt moist and soft beneath the feet of those who walked, most stones moved aside. Maikoa led the way quietly, humming to herself softly, before turning to Shuten with a raised eyebrow. "Brother, if they annoy you, why do you not get rid of them?" He asked, keeping her stride easily even as she looked at the large beast, her golden iris's staring at his own eyes. She walked along, her feet only walking on their tip toes as if she were wearing an invisible set of high heels.

"And as for this village, they have guards, but they are not too formidable, not like the human and elf we fought at the last village you struck." She explained as they walked, before she took a turn to the right, beginning to climb up a slope, trying to get on top of what appeared to be a valley ahead of them, her eyes gazing back towards the monster to make sure he was following. She began to smile a little bit, picking up her pace a bit, before stopping near the top and looking back towards Shuten. "We're taking a small detour brother. This way we can come from a different angle."

Shuten-Doji

1662225844810.png

While Maikoa did have a point about getting rid of the berbalangs, Shuten-Doji could not squander such a boon. "They may be useful." He confessed as he followed behind the woman, not questioning anything about how she was leading. He had mixed feelings about the village having weak defenders, mainly because he enjoyed the fighting, but at the same time he was glad to have access to an easy meal. "How did you end up here?" Shuten-Doji asked as his eyes continuously moved around, keeping watch of their surroundings

He wanted to know more about this woman, if she was willing to share. "Why save me? Why call me brother?" As always, he kept one eye on the other monster while the berbalangs floated around in the tree canopy above them,.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

BRAM STOKER

Breaking out in a cold sweat, Bram found him waking up from what felt like a never ending nightmare. Fragments of his death and apparent rebirth lingered in his mind, but they were enough to remind him of the lessons he had learned from his previous life. Though uncharacteristic of him, Bram chose to no longer dwell on his past and just accepted his fate. It was a level of maturity he was not used to.

Setting his thoughts aside, Bram was pleasantly surprised by his surroundings. His massive frame was seated against a large tree, covered by some shade whilst a few feet beside him was a calm flowing stream. His new form was far different from what he had; from his size and general bulk, everything was much bigger. As he got up, Bram slowly made his way to the nearby river. A splash of water was just what he needed, but as he bent down, Bram caught a glimpse of his reflection, and subconsciously, he had used his apparent appraisal ability on himself.

Instead of being startled, the amount of information that flashed before Bram intrigued him. Apart from the change in his physique, he seemingly was no longer human.

"Vampire?" Bram's brows furrowed in confusion. He agreed that his towering body could be called monstrous, but aside from that, he lacked most of the stereotypical features he expected from such a race. Although "blessed" with notable skills, if he was being honest, Bram would've preferred a more pleasing appearance. Setting his shallow thoughts aside, what was most concerning to him were the titles he was bestowed with. He was both worried and curious at the implications they would cause in this new world. We're they mere labels that held little value, or did they dictate how the world would see him. Either way, Bram would eventually find out. The best he could do for now was to keep his guard up.

The cold river water treated Bram's senses well. He felt refreshed and his mind felt more keen, allowing to take in his surroundings a bit better than before. Unfortunately, Bram's body did not give him the time to do so. His nose twitched as he picked up a peculiar scent. Although there were none in sight, he knew what he got a whiff off were humans; his stomach immediately rumbled at the thought.

Heeding to the call of his instincts, Bram gathered himself and his belongings and went on his way. Hopefully, his intuition wouldn't let him down this early in his new life.

Maikoa Groave
1660705877744.png
Maikoa hummed when Shuten stated his barlongs might be useful at some point, nodding softly. "If that is what you choose." She responded, smiling a little bit. When he began to question her, she turned and looked towards the very much larger monster, a thoughtful look in her eye as she hummed. She did not know herself, but she supposed she could try to give a reason to why. The damp air and the sun shining through the leaves of the trees made for an equally calm and eerie environment, of which was accentuated by both the monsters standing there.

"I do not know how I came to be here. All I remember was opening my eyes one day in the embrace of the tree I had shown you. I simply followed what I felt was what I was meant to do after that." She said softly, looking towards the monster. "I saved you because I felt it was right. I feel a kinship towards all our kind, but to you I feel a particular draw. Should we of the same kind not do what we can to help one another? My calling you brother is simply what I say to reflect how I feel." She explained, beginning to walk again afterwards, her eyes darting around the treeline to keep an eye out for any scouts or the like.

Shuten-Doji

He could not understand her attachment or sentimental connection to him, but he could understand working together with other monsters. However that usually stopped when they acquired their meal and after that it was a monster free for all. Or in the case that a more powerful monster subjugated several smaller, weaker monsters. He wondered if that was what she thought she was doing. Looking to the winged monsters that followed along behind them, he was left to wonder if he had somehow done that.

"The homeland is much different." Shuten-Doji thought back to the dangers of the Dark Continent and the hordes of monsters that called it home. Even for their own kind it was dangerous. Monster DNA and titles did not prevent them from being considered prey by something bigger or stronger than them. Suddenly a loud rumbling noise erupted from the monster, going on for several seconds before it slowly died down.

"Our master is hungry!" The berbalangs declared as they took to the skies, flying up into the trees in such of sustenance. Shuten-Doji's eyes followed them until he could not see them beyond the branches and leaves. "If we are a horde..." His eyes slowly all rolled back down to Maikoa. "...will need more of us." A horde would certainly make them safer on this continent and make them a force to be feared, but he barely knew where he was so finding others would be nearly impossible. "How much farther?"

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Achu

With glistening waterfalls and towering stone walls, the little slime was spellbound as he soon as he stepped into the forest clearing. "...Wow, what a sight. If only I had an easel." He hummed, his eyes darting around excitedly as he assessed the location. "It would be nice to live here. Maybe I should? Wait, is that a cabin-" Immediately, Achu was put off the idea. "I came here to get away from humans, not find more of them, god damn it." He sighed in resignation, before slithering into the forest in a new direction. Just like in his old world, humans were absolutely everywhere, inescapable if you will. Though that fact had never been a problem until he was reborn as this weird gooey entity that humans were so eager to annihilate.

Shaking his futile thoughts away, he wandered the forest, consuming strange fallen glowy fruit and other things that looked edible without much of a care in the world. Without warning however, the sound of fluttering wings and muffled voices approached from above at a rapid pace, as he was suddenly gripped in the hands of some imp-looking creatures that continuously screeched in his ears.

More surprised than anything, he remained perfectly still as he realized how far above the ground he was, wondering where he was being taken and whether it would lead to a new exciting fantasy land. Unfortunately however, his dreams were crushed as he was dumped somewhere in the same exact forest he was plucked from, rolling before the feet of two tall shadows with a vague sigh of disappointment.

Looking up however, he was startled to find a ferocious multi-eyed creature that looked as if it came straight out of a horror movie and some intimidating human-and-tree entwined being with sharp eyes. More than fear, even after realizing those imp-like creatures had brought him here like an offering, he was ecstatic.

"Hey! Are you monsters? Do you want to be friends?"

He had wandered for too long without being able to talk to anyone but himself, so if these two ferocious beings had any hints of sentiency or willingness to converse, he was absolutely going to risk it all for the opportunity!

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Zolgen
1196110200-1.png

After training for a considerably long period of time Zolgen finally felt ready to make his way off of the dark continent where he had spawned like a many others. He yearned to feel alive again just like he had in the past world, feeling the last dying breathe of his victims, it was always so euphoric, one of the rare times when he truly felt in control of his life and content. Now with this new body there was so much potential. He yearned for the taste of non monster flesh whether it be human or fae, whatever he could get his hands on, to see the crimson flow again would be a very celebratory day. Truthfully he wasn't particularly interested in the beautiful scenery, much more interested in the unrest that he had sensed not all so far away from this area, where chaos occurred there were bound to be others of interest afoot friend or foe. Zolgen was definitely going to find out soon enough if he had it his way who was friend or foe.

Truthfully he was on the look out for a settlement to assault. He knew better than trying to travel in main areas where experienced people were out in the open at least, The likes of Ryke were far from kind to demons after all, as was the vast majority of this world. The wilderness was certainly a friend for monsters since whoever they encountered had the potential for being adversarial, even other monsters. As much as he enjoyed fighting, from his past life even he knew that working with others to achieve a common goal was never a terrible idea. Zolgen really had to rely on any would be signage if there was any on his long journey, as well as areas based on the landscape that seemed like they'd be hospitable for human life. This world was so much less developed compared to the old one it still seemed strange to him in that regard. Safe to say getting to Ryke in one piece wasn't the easiest. The signs of possible development had led him this way towards what he hoped would be a village.

It was probably some time after the slime landed that Zolgen made his way through the greenery both blades in hand looking around carefully, while it didn't visually look like he could see, he very much could, as was the strange nature of demons. Both of his blades were in hand at the moment, as they had been for much of the journey except for the moments where he didn't want to be found out. What he hadn't been expecting however was to come to an area of interest, he saw in the distance some sort of small blob, some flying creatures. a monster which definitely reminded him of the dark continent, and some feminine tree form which was all so intriguing. Under ideal conditions he would have tried to use his E grade appraisal skill before interacting with them, even if he wasn't looking for a fight with other monsters at the moment, he wasn't sure how this interaction was going to go. He promptly placed both blades into their holders on his back, figuring he'd try the quote i'm also a monster approach first. If he needed to fight his retractable claws were ready at a moments notice anyway.

"Hello there!" He'd call out giving a wide wave to show that his weapons weren't drawn.

The voice was elevated but not incredibly loud, The voice was decidedly masculine and almost like something that could pass as coming from a human if it wasn't for the tones that inherently' weren't within their vocal scale. He'd stop in place, keeping a generous distance after calling out.

" You all headed somewhere? Myself, I'm out on a hunt." He continued, figuring they'd very well know what he meant, before pausing awaiting an answer.

Mentioned: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI SilverFeathers SilverFeathers LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Last edited:
Tia
Interactions: Palu Palu

FAtBU51VEAEOQXv.png Bare feet made soft steps upon the ground of the woodlands. Clad in a white sundress marred with patches of dried blood was Tia. Having travelled far from the Fae lands she now wandered alone. Clenched in one of her hands was a black tome, and in the other was a double bladed spear. Its size made it awkward for her to carry. With one of the blades dragging along the ground carving a narrow kerf where she walked. She held it close to her. It wasn't meant for her, she simply came to possess it. It's master won't be able to hold it again after all so she may as well.

Tia's face was stony and cold. Betraying no emotion nor desire. She walked with no destination in mind. Tia wasn't ready for that, for a new purpose. It was still too soon. Making her way through the forest she found herself following a small river. More akin to a stream. Most would find the scenery which surrounded her as beautiful, yet Tia barely noticed it at all. Along her wanderings she crossed paths with another. A large humanoid that towered over her. His complexion was unlike just about any other being she had seen and he possessed two fangs which jutted out his mouth. They were both travelling in relatively the same direction. Though the large..."man" seemed to be going somewhere in particular. Her instincts flared up demanding she either kill and consume him, or avoid the potential threat. She did neither, merely kept walking not deviating from her path. Tia could not muster up the will to care. Silent as the grave she walked a bit ahead of the man not close but not all that far. No sooner than she had did a scent brush against her senses. The smell was familiar, it was one she had encountered multiple times in her short life and grown more and more used to. Now however it only served as a reminder of what she had lost. Tia gripped the spear tight in her hands, and continued her journey. Sparing no thought to the being near her, nor her destination she reminisced. Tia thought back to Ceylan. She yearned for him while also wishing to stay distant, yet was afraid of what a confrontation would entail. Her feelings had grown complicated. As the disorder reigned within her mind Tia almost reflexively began to follow the scent back to its source.

Last edited:
Maikoa Groave
1660705877744.png
Maikoa began to hum softly, a little tune to herself as she swayed through the forest, before seeing the sudden arrival of two newcomers, that being the large humanoid with a cow skull, and a little unassuming slime. "It appears we have found others for our little... raid." She said, turning back towards Shuten, her face monotone as usual. "You said we would need more for a horde, and as it would seem, the Forestmother grants it." She said, gesturing to the new arrivals, a mute smile on her face as she turned to them. "I suppose we will be taking you along with us then, little brothers." She said, simply doing as her instincts told her to, which was envelop these new monsters into their fold.

As the monsters continued through the trail, Maikoa turned to Shuten and their two newcomers, nodding softly.
"We are close. Be on your guard." She said with a hum, looking over towards a hill that was nearby, with a small plume of smoke, likely from some kind of bonfire rising behind it.

The other two monsters would find themselves looking at the village from the opposite side, with a rather quiet town, the only real noise being some kids dancing around bonfires and someone cooking over a small black pot nearby, the pair of monsters not having been spotted quite yet.

1663892630884.png

The primary sight of defense of the village was a group of guards huddled around a small fire, and a knight patrolling around in a leather tunic with his mail beneath it

1663905041600.png
Shuten-Doji

Shuten-Doji halted immediately when the berbalangs delivered to him a...slime. "This is not food." He protested in the monster tongue as his tendrils began to stir. The beast's eyes watched the slime creature for a moment, but ultimately it was the arrival of another figure that saved the creature's life. This one was imposing and reeked of the home continent. Still on all fours, Shuten-Doji stepped over Achu and moved a few feet closer to the other stranger. He then used [Appraisal] on the figure.

With their master discarding the slime, the berbalangs were upset, feeling as though they had failed in their mission. But they set out to find some more food instead of lingering. They rushed forward through the forest, disappearing into the trees.

"We hunt as well." One of his eyes looked to Maikoa and another to Achu. The slime was small and likely weak, but it was one of them and in this land they would need all the monsters they could get. "Join us." Shuten-Doji insisted as he raised one of his large hand and gestured for Zolgen to come closer. Maikoa was right, it seemed something had brought them all together. Whatever it was, he did not care to name it.

He followed along the path to find the village that Maikoa had told him about. "Finally." His last hunt was interrupted by that human and elf, but this time would be different. This time he was hunting with a horde and would eat his fill of these weaklings.

Slowly, the monster who had been walking like an animal started to stand. His legs extended upward and his back straightened with his arms falling to his sides. All of his eyes focused themselves on the guards and the knight. Humans dressed like that were usually stronger and that meant more satisfying meals. Then his mouth stretched open and a guttural, quaking roar erupted from the monster, his voice echoing out into the village.

Without warning he rushed forward, targeting the knight directly. He waited until he was within at least 10ft of the knight to use his [Tendril Lashing] technique.

• Tendril Lashing - Fighting Style [Horror] F - Range, Feature [Dozen Eyes] 360 Degrees of Vision, Feature [Tendrils] F, Feature [Razor Tail] F - Shuten-Doji whips his tendrils and tail around, lashing out at those within range like a whip. - Grade F, Range 2.5 to 10Feet - 0 Post Cooldown
NeramoDJI NeramoDJI EMIYAman EMIYAman SilverFeathers SilverFeathers TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Achu (#435FFF)
dfb3qpg-2dcdc5de-6be4-4070-8277-7e517a00dea9.png
Though his words said otherwise, the dozens of scrutinizing eyes staring down at him were filled with a dangerous sense of hunger. Alarm bells were ringing in Achu's head as he silently started sweating. Ah, did he make a mistake? Was he about to die here? Already?

Fortunately, it was the arrival of another stranger that saved him from his little predicament. Achu carefully watched the monster's many eyes flit away from his tiny body with a sigh of relief. In contrast to the pair here, the newcomer was jolly and friendly, a far cry from what Achu imagined someone of his appearance to be like. He couldn't help but smile, wishing he could wave back at him. "Hello hello! Well met, stranger!" Achu bobbed up and down in excitement, mimicking how those medieval fantasy folk seemed to speak, closing the distance with the skull-faced beast without a care.

The newly formed hunting party was an odd one, especially with his tiny, harmless presence, but it was nice to have company again... even if he had to be wary of said company eating him when the going gets rough. As the village approached, Achu quickly realized what the hunt's target was, though really, it wasn't much of a surprise.

"So, what's the pla- Oh." Achu was somewhat stunned, watching their most aggressive friend proceed to charge ahead and do two amazing things. One, give a ferocious roar, signalling to all the humans and guards in the area their presence, location and direction of attack. Two, dive into the fray in a bipedal form guns blazing, whirling his snake-like tendrils all around him like a rapid tornado. He was clearly aiming for the most armoured and difficult foe, the knight, but he'll probably end up with more than one body on his kill count with the way he's spinning around.

"Ah, I guess there is no plan huh." Achu chuckled, not at all fazed by the incoming screams of terror and fright. "You guys can go have fun, I'll nom on the leftovers and keep an eye out on things." He smiled, turning back towards the skull-face and the tree-lady before casually hopping on over towards the village. He had never eaten human, but if a feast was about to be laid at his feet, why not partake?

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars TheTimePiece TheTimePiece NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Zolgen
1196110200-1.png

Zolgen seeing that he wasn't being pushed away from either the animalistic looking monster nor the plant one, or the comparatively less threatening looking slime, realized that this was an opportunity too good to pass up. He took heed in what Shuten had to say and came closer himself. While Shuten was using appraisal, Zolgen was on a similar mind wavelength and figured if the guy was going to get in this close range of him it would probably be a good idea if he did the same, so he used [Appraisal E] to get a better understanding of Shuten. It would definitely help to know more about who you were working with after all.

After this interaction he promptly started following the group towards the village, letting Maikoa lead since it sounded like she was the local guide of the ground. As much as Zolgen would probably enjoy combat with anyone of these other monsters in a more isolated setting, he knew that the value of working together was certainly there. Everyone else in the world wanted them dead, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this was a viable move in that they'd all have a better chance in getting what they wanted. Plus working as a group it meant that there'd be even more destruction sewn across this land, and more slaughter which Zolgen would get to witness, most definitely preferable to the alternative.

"You hunt too? Excellent, I'll happily join in your raid..brothers and sister." he said, he would smile if he was capable of it, reciprocating the language which Maikoa used. "The Name's Zolgen by the way." He replied, giving a nod to the slime.

As they grew closer Zolgen felt a feeling on anticipation continue to build as he decided to preemptively draw his swords once more. While he had natural weapons he had spent quite some time training with the swords he had. spawned in with and figured it would be nice to give them a proper test drive on the local populace of the village. He nodded once more when he heard Maikoa mention they should stay on their guards. And before long he could get a nice view of the village. While Zolgen might have talked if the others were keen on it , he saw Shuten get ready to spring into action in rapid time, which was impressive in Zolgen's mind. He too knew very well that the roar was going to alert the populace that they were there, didn't seem like Shuten was keen on stealth when attacking, the demon could respect that, far more fun this way.

"Sounds good." He looked down to Achu.

Before he turned to Maikoa, "Mind assisting me with some of these guards? It's better we make swift work of those most dangerous.." Not bothering asking Achu since he essentially said he wouldn't be partaking in combat, but a lookout wasn't a bad idea, he could let them know if reinforcements came. Based on how Shuten attacked he assumed he could handle the knight alone, and would rather not get in his way of who he deemed his food first at the moment. Regardless of the answer if one came at all Zolgen charged towards the group by the fire who had likely been alerted.

If he could get within 10 ft of one of the guards closet to him after he stopped moving "I've been waiting so long for this." He proclaimed with a sadistic edge in his voice, before he'd try using Twin Strike. As he slashed in the towards the target diagonally first with

Demonic Cleaver Sword #2 F(7) A large sword scaled for a demon, designed more for slashing and chopping rather than stabbing.

If that first hit landed because of linked his next slash would automatically come from

Demonic Cleaver Sword #1 E (14) A large sword scaled for a demon, designed more for slashing and chopping rather than stabbing.

Twin Strike - Fighting Style Fiendish Twin Blade E, Linked F, Area F
Zolgen attempts to strike his target with one sword before quickly following up with the other. Slashes sweep up to 10 ft in radius. Grade E- 1 Post Cooldown

Interactions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers LadyOfStars LadyOfStars NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Last edited:
FAtBU51VEAEOQXv.pngFollowing along the stream in silence Tia continued her aimless journey. But rather than more wilderness she came upon buildings. Looking up she realized she had come upon a village, it was much smaller than the last gathering place of humans she had been to, but it was still teeming with life. She turned to look at the creature next to her, for she knew he wasn't human. He appeared strong if his large bulky stature was anything to go by, but no doubt he was a predator the naturally fragile humans would band against. Their advantage was in numbers, and the tools and structures they erected which dwarfed that of other animals. Tia walked towards the village intent on passing through. She could go around, but she simply didn't care to do so. She knew how human she appeared its how she had been able to first meet... They wouldn't attack her so long as she didn't reveal herself, and that was fine. Tia didn't want to deal with others anymore.

As she passed a group of children playing, a longing overcame her. It was not the bittersweet memories as usual. Instead it was a hunger that seeped into her very being. Mouth agape she froze the tips of her hair began to twitch and slither. She had never felt hunger like this before, she had always sated it before it got this bad. It was as if a dam opened up and all her pent up desire came surging out. Her eyes darted around from side to side the humans around her were no longer people, they were biomass. A veritable feast of organic material. The instincts that had been pacified by her burgeoning humanity had returned in full force. As if it was feeding off her loneliness. Her face slackened emotion draining from her in favor of homicidal intent.

"Just make sure not to lose yourself, alright? Always stay Tia."

She gasped. Clenching her teeth she pushed the hunger down. Ceylan... Ceylan said to stay Tia. She had to stay, always. Or else he would hate her. Tia HAD TO. For him and for Har- "Staytiastaytiastaytiastaytiastaytia..." She repeated those words like a mantra then clenched the spear tighter to her chest, and continued her journey with staggering steps. She kept her head down trying not to look at any of the people hoping they would ignore her. Unfortunately for her she couldn't do anything about the scent of meat all around her. But then another scent reached her nose, and it wasn't human. Tia then heard yelling in the distance breaking the quiet peace of the village. She looked up confused and curious holding her spear in her grip as support.

Maikoa Groave

1660705877744.png
Maikoa sighed slowly, taking a deep breath as her companion charged forward with reckless abandon. "Always so eager." She said, humming as she calmly walked after the two much more monsterous of their group, enjoying watching her new adoptive brothers 'play'. The chaos gave her no satisfaction, but the knowing of her brothers enjoying such was enough reward for her satisfaction.

She began to clutch her fruit, glancing back at Achu.
"Stay safe. A human would likely eagerly kill you out of some form of spite for what our dear brothers are doing." She said softly, before turning to watch the others and ensure nothing truly dangerous began to happen.

The knight was caught off guard by Shuten's sudden appearance, his eyes widening as he began to grab his sword, taking a strike from the tentacles, but barely holding on, holding a wound in his side as he turned and called back to the humans in the village, but his call was drowned out. Shuten's roar drowned out the knights call, but it gave the same message.

The guards around the campfire all began to rally, with one of them saying what the knight and the roar said to the village.
"We're under attack! Monsters at the border! Everyone try to get out!" He shouted out, trying to get his spear.

One of the guards was caught when he tried to grab his spear, carved across his chest by Zolgen, and dropping dead from the hit, a weak soldier to begin with, let alone against a large monster such as Zolgen.

Tia's surroundings would be swallowed by the chaos, with the children running away, some carried by their parents as the adults all tried to get away from the monsters that appeared from nowhere, panic consuming the town as they ran around Tia with reckless abandon, scared witless from the sudden group of astonishingly coordinated monsters.

However, with the stronger humans, they began to attack back, rallying behind the knight that engaged with his duel with Shuten.
"You will not leave alive beast!" The knight shouted, bearing his sword and parrying dagger, performing an E-Rank Linked Strike at Shuten, swinging his blade and dagger towards the larger monster.

Volgen meanwhile was swarmed by the guards, who all attempted an F-rank Spear attack upon him, the guards numbering 5 in total.

Shuten-Doji

1664723232963.png

"Haha!" Excitement coursed through the monster's veins as he engaged the knight and felt a sense of danger when the man drew his weapons. With his size and lack of speed, there was no way that Shuten-Doji could evade the attack, so he raised his arms in defense and tried to tank the incoming damage. Now that he was in the action, Shuten-Doji realized just how risky he had been with his charge. He should have appraised his enemies first and formulated a pan of attack, but the time for that had passed.

When they saw that their master was under attack, the flying monsters who swore their loyalty to him came swooping in to assist their master and his friends. "Master! We're here!" They called out while they flew overhead. The five pests raised their hands and dark energy started to gather in their palms. "Darkness Beam!" The berbalangs cried ouot in unison. After a small build up of magic energy, each monster fired off a blast of dark energy that ripped through the sky. One of them aimed at the knight while the other four aimed at the shoulders that surrounded Zolgen.

• Darkness Beam - Magic Affinity F, Dark Affinity F, Magic Range F -Caster fires a beam of dark magic energy at their target. F Grade - 10ft Range, 0 Post Cooldown

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI SilverFeathers SilverFeathers EMIYAman EMIYAman TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Users who are viewing this thread

Back