• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Is This Another Isekai? ~ RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
He inspected the High Elf/Moon Scalewalker before acknowledging him in person. He walked forward from behind a tree, having concluded that he was a fellow otherworlder like himself.

"I'm Lucas. I'm an otherworlder like you and I assume we have the same goal, which is to find a city or a community of people we can gain information about the world from. We essentially have the same goals, as of now, I assume."

Lucas thought a bit before responding further.

"I suggest that we work together for now, while attampting to discover a humanoid society. We can discuss our goals in detail while staying here in the forest for a couple nights, assuming that we find other adventurers."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Brynhildr

<Does everything look correct to you?>

"I'd say yes, but actually no. I have several questions. First off, where do Heresy and Taboo come from, what the fuck are they and what do they do ? Fairly sure I didn't see them pass until now, and honestly they're worrying me. Also, what's different with "Advanced Appraise", "Greater Telekinesis" and "Enhanced Dexterity" compared to the normal versions ? And what does "Max" level Nightvision do, compared to the lower levels ? What does weakness to light do ? Do I get blinded more easily, or do I take more damage from light-based attacks ? Is it possible to acquire resistance to fire and light even though I have the weaknesses, and if yes, how hard is it ?"

Aside from that, there wasn't much else to ask. Regarding the equipment, it wasn't fitting point for point what I'd asked for, but my guess was that some stuff had to be changed because of the world's technological level. Oh well. I'd have to make do with what I had, I guess. That dexterity skill would probably come in handy. But I could work with primitive equipment. On the other hand, I was much more worried about some of those skills I got. If weakness to light meant I'd be hurt just by standing in sunlight, it'd make it very hard for me to traipse around. Hopefully that could be worked around, else I'd be having one hell of a bad time.

Didn't have many more comments otherwise... I'd rather keep my fears to myself for now.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Kendrick

Kendrick stared at him before just turning around keeping the Axe in his hand. "we don't share the same goal. My only goal is to find someone who I was told is in this world. I'll stay here, and teach any more that show up a bit of survival and give em some rations to go. Then after that I'm leaving." He said as he grabbed the large chunk of wood and lifted it up walking towards the small hut. "two fish traps in the streams. I'll start the stove." he said to the man as he focused on carrying the giant wood.

oooo oooo

Dennis and Lilith
Always make sure you're prepared for the fight ahead. Enemies aren't just gonna give you potions, and it's not like you don't have time in town.

1619339152265.pngBy now, she had already made it instinct to simply open the window for each new ability she gains, making sure that she'd have them in view before she'd leave. Lilith wanted to make sure, above all, that she had a grasp of her abilities to its fullest the moment she got them (at an opportune time, of course - they'd just be a distraction otherwise) and that she could exploit them as much as she could. As for what she gained versus what she had, though, the options - no matter how expanded, were limited. Danger Sense was an obvious boon, no matter who you were and what you planned to do. If this world was more chaotic than the one they left, almost everyone would need a skill to let them know if someone was out for blood, and if it was an emergency, they both still had their firearms. As for Translate, it'd take an investment at first - and maybe some notes, but she'd be able to get the languages down over time, and hopefully before they ran into natives that didn't know the common tongue. Then there was Charm and Dice....

She'd mostly went over how she could exploit charm, but it could be something that'd let her make a decent amount of money if she combined it with Translate. Hell, if she could just translate the songs from her old world, she could bard her way through just about any group of people without having to take off anything more than her helmet. Maybe this would even come in clutch if she used Dice before a meet-up with any dignitaries. If she rolled high she could take over, but if she rolled low, Dennis could handle it better than she could ever hope to in that instance. Now... With what they were gaining thus far, what could she use to compact everything into the least amount of gear possible...?

She'd picked all three forms of combat - defensive, physical offensive, and Magick, and there were a few options in her mind. Of course the easiest would be a sword-and-shield combo where she could cast through either, but if she used the shield as a scabbard, it could make what she had to carry more compact. That left the problem of ranged, however, and unless she had the shield mounted to a gauntlet, any somatic gestures would be going out the window. That left her with the option of doubling up on as much armor as she could comfortably maneuver in while keeping a free hand, which still brought about the lack of a physical ranged weapon - or maybe...

1619339949494.png"Damn I've gotten some good abilities," came Dennis's voice, a smirk scrawling across his face. "I almost feel bad for ya, Con- uh, Lilith. Though I'm sure you're already working out how to milk those for every drop of use they're worth."

Dennis, unlike Lilith, had already figured out how he wanted to use his abilities, and as he raked the slender fingers of his left hand through the associated side of his snow-white locks, he was already confident about the decision he would make on his armor. In fact, it was the only logical route for him to go, seeing as he had limited himself appropriately for the occasion. Hell, they had their guns, and if he was going to play the role of Paladin or Knight, he knew the best options for it all - this was his domain, after all. Not only did he have his degree and license to teach history, but his bit of obession was, in fact, medieval arms and combat. A knight in the right era could be nimble enough to do flips and tumbles in heavy armor, and with the world being one of Magick, there was no doubt in his mind they could sprint out of the gate with something at least decent enough to withstand the world for long enough to get something better.

"I'd like to start with heavy armor," Dennis piped up again. "I want a Kite Shield with a Sidesword that has a closed basket hilt sheathed into the shield, and a Spear. For the armor, I want the right side to be more armored than the left with flanges that cover the neck as well as a gorget, and I'd like to have solid plate chest armor with layered stomach. For the waist, I'd like decent flak plates and the thighs appropriately scaled, with heavy greaves that are just a little cleated so I can get grip in whatever terrain. The gauntlets should allow me to keep dexterity in my hands without sacrificing cover. Obviously I'll need armor for the groin, but nothing that sticks out to make it a cheeky target. As for the helmet, I'd like something that'll swivel the visor downward, but closed enough so that the eyes aren't an easy target for stabs and halfswording techniques. For under that, it's usually customary to have things like chainmail and a Gambeson underneath, but if there's anything updated, I'll definitely take that. Aside from that, uh.... No capes, please. If I need it, I'll get a cloak, but capes are just asking for trouble."

Lilith could see it in his eyes. Considering the likelihood that asking for an IAR 27 or a SCAR-L was out of the question was high, though she wanted to give it a shot, it wasn't likely they had it if the world had magick. Hell, it was more likely that a high-ranking mage could just snap their fingers and unalive someone with less thought than it would take to mentally whip up dinner. Having a delete button you had to reload probably wasn't the best of options in that case, though...

"My request is going to be a bit more complicated," Lilith chimed in after Dennis had finished his order. "Aside from armor, I'll need two things; One: A spellbook to either learn spells from, or a Grimoire I can use to cast, and two: I'll need an unusual weapon, but I don't think it's impossible. For the blade, it'll need to be about as strong as you can make it, and within it I'll need a barrel that can project Mana - aspected or not. Just as long as it can project accurately and with high speed, it's fine. It should have a revolving cylinder to hold multiple charges. If it can be charged manually, that'd be best, but I'd like for it to at least collect Aether or Mana - whichever this world goes by - passively.

"For the armor, I'm going to need about the most sturdy reinforced leather you can make for a trenchcoat, and it should have slots on the left side down the side of the lower half for extra reloads should I not have the time to recharge. I'd like these canisters to be capable of manual refills. Under that, I'll need a sturdy matte black breastplate in segmented armor, the most durable pants you can give, as well as heavy greaves. There should be a belt with the pants capable of holding whatever materials I would need for the grimoire if I can have one. Aside from that, I think I should be fine without headgear so long as I keep my head in the game, and I'll need as little visual obstruction as possible either way. If I could also get sturdy gauntlets for the set, I think I'll be fine from there. Maybe chain for under it all, and something to wear under the chain.

"Otherwise, that completes my request," she said with a sniff. "I'll take whatever I can get of my gear order. Other than that, I'd like for us to keep our packs and firearms. They'll come in useful, and I don't think we'll get too far without them."

As far as the helpful tip Luna gave, they were going to act as if they ignored it. It wouldn't do to think about it with enough to ruminate over and plan for, and last they checked, they weren't what people like themselves would call Masochists. They had just one more thing to think about - their "Careers" of sorts. Whatever those gave them, only one of them were concerned about it, and that bit was obvious.

Lilith had done nothing but screw up her skill selections thus far, and now she was in a bind. Danger Sense was about the only skill she had that could help out in combat, and considering the task ahead of them, that was a grim issue. They were tasked with taking out Gods, yet she had no real solid offensive or defensive abilities, and the likelihood with negotiating with a God was slim to none. So what could she go with? If it was anything, she had to pick something that let her learn quickly.

"I'll keep with my current occupation and be a Professor," Dennis piped up, crossing his arms. "Considering the fact my teaching degree doesn't just limit me to History - and I've no idea of this world's history in detail, I could use it to teach other subjects and make money and connections. That should let me access information on Gods, as well as a personal objective of mine while we're here."

.... There was an idea. If Dennis was going to take Professor to make money and connections, Lilith could take an academic role for learning and for research. Hell, if anything, if she climbed up high enough in the ranks quickly, she as well could potentially gain access to restricted information. After all, who would you trust with sensitive information more than someone who knows what that information could do in the wrong hands?

The answer was a Scholar; An academic who made it their life's purpose to continuously learn. Being more calm than when she started, Lilith was finally - even if it was too late - able to start thinking with full clarity. Scholars had to have some sort of innate ability to absorb and make use of information considering it was their entire profession, whether it was concerning skill-acquisition or information gathering, and if the two of them could share skills more quickly given their professions, they could be more complete adventurers in the end.

But there she went thinking about them both again, rather than taking what she wanted for just herself.

"Before I pick my job," she started. Lilith's posture became uncomfortable, a slight slouch to her posture as she rubbed the side of her left bicep. "I uh... I wanna apologize. I know I've been a bit much to deal with so far, and all of it being due to stress is still inexcusable. I've not been helpful at all when it comes to you just trying to do your job and making sure everything is squared away. So... If it'd be okay, I'd like to take a profession that'd allow me to learn skills, spells, and information at a highly rapid pace - like a Scholar or a Researcher. Kinda like an Academician from a game I play, now that I think about it. The more quickly I can learn, the better, so I can be of help in tackling the issue with the Gods, and maybe even be able to negotiate rather than kill any of them. I think it'd just be better if I had skills for if we can't negotiate our way through detaining."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Google
<I am pleased to hear it.>
<You will be hearing from me again, then.>
<I hope the best for you.>
<Goodbye for now.>

With that, the scene around Google changed and he was transported to the same place as all the others - in the beautiful forest near a stream.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

<Heresy - Increased effectiveness against Divine/related abilities and entities>
<Taboo - Allows for Admin Blessings like Divine Blessings>
<They are intended to keep you safer and allow you a greater chance of defeating divine beings.>
<Advanced and Enhanced versions of skills/stats are increased versions of the norm.>
<Greater, similarly, is better than the norm.>
<Max nightvision means you can see as well as you normally can, but in the dark.>
<Weakness to light means that you can get temporarily blinded more easily, such as if you suddenly step into bright light, it will take longer to adjust to the light>
<Just as well, you will take more damage from light-based attacks.>
<It is possible to gain resistances or even immunities to things you are weak to over time. It is more difficult, but not impossible. To gain a resistance, you must experience that aspect often.>
<Is everything alright, now?>

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Lucas responded, following him to the hut.
"I see. You don't mind if I stay with you here to learn the basics of survival in the woods? I was never that much of an outdoor person in the real world. What should I assist you with, if you need it?"
He said, helpfully, although he sensed Kendrick preferred to act independently.
"You haven't happened to have been give more info than I, in that I have no clue why we were sent here other than an insurmountable objective, which I am not sure we share. I was tasked with killing three gods. This person you're looking for wouldn't happen to be them, would it?"
Lucas asked, in case this was in line with his objective. He admired Kendrick's axe. Maybe he himself should have requested a proper weapon.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Brynhildr

"...OKay. But why do I even have Heresy and Taboo despite turning you down for the "kill three gods" business ? Because honestly I'm worried that some dangerous people can see what abilities I have and I don't really like having abilities with names like those, because I don't want to get killed because I have them. I mean, I'm not turning down a freebie, but I'd be thankful if they were concealed or something. Also, is there a means to know how close I am to acquiring resistance to something ? Or do I have to suffer randomly until I get a message telling me that I got fire resistance ? Other than that... Everything should be good, yes."

Andriu

Ah, now we were talking. Anything that fell under the "not recommended options" umbrella was definitely more interesting than the basic options. Also, I was 100% going to go half-breed, because the engineer in me craved that sweet optimization. Now, purely out of principle, I'd be taking one of the Nixis variants because demons were cool and renegade divine servants were cooler; I was sorta disregarding the entire corruption thing, because it was honestly a minor drawback in my eye, plus the species seemed to fit my own perks - mostly on the "mind and willpower" part. Now, I definitely wanted to be hot - because if I was given the option then it would definitely become a requirement for me, and illusions weren't really appealing to me - though most importantly, psychic manipulation was a must-have. Forming a group would be so much easier if I could get people to like me.

For the second... The choice was harder, but I was leaning towards dragonkin, scalewalker in particular. Humanoid enough to blend in, though the wings and tail were going to be troublesome. The wings mostly, but a tail could prove really useful, especially if it was lizard-like. Since the specialties were marked as "depending on the type of dragonkin", I'd probably get to pick the most fitting one later on, so I could get a power source.

Yeah, let's go with that.

<Half-breed Sukusi-Scalewalker>

Deathkitten Deathkitten

<Answer Accepted: Professor>
<Ability granted: Teach - Lvl 3>
<Ability granted: Charm - Lvl 1>
<...>
<Gaining abilities from racial choices...>
<Ability granted: Learn - Lvl 3>
<Ability granted: Magic - Lvl 1>

<Dennis - Lvl 1>
<Skill: Advanced Appraise → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Barrier → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Charm → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Creation → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Danger Sense → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Greater Telepathy → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Heresy → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Learn → Lvl 3>
<Skill: Magic → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Snap Heal → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Taboo → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Teach → Lvl 3>

<Equipment>
<Heavy armor>
<Kite Shield>
<Sidesword>
<Spear>

<-------------------->

<Answer Accepted: Scholar/Researcher>
<Ability granted: Learn - Lvl 3>
<Ability granted: Advanced Appraise - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted: Enhanced memory - Lvl 1>
<...>
<Gaining abilities from racial choices...>
<Ability granted: Magic - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted: Ice Magic - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted: Mana Breath - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted: Flight - Lvl 5>
<Sub-ability granted: Glide - Max>
<Sub-ability granted: Rapid Flight - Lvl 3>

<Lilith - Lvl 1>
<Skill: Advanced Appraise → Lvl 3>
<Skill: Charm → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Danger Sense → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Dice → Lvl 2>
<Skill: Enhanced Memory → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Flight - Lvl 5>
<Sub-skill: Glide - Max>
<Sub-skill: Rapid Flight - Lvl 3>
<Skill: Heresy → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Ice Magic → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Learn → Lvl 3>
<Skill: Magic → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Mana Breath → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Taboo → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Translation → Lvl 1>

<Resistance: Mana → Lvl 3>
<Immunity: Ice → Max>
<Weakness: Fire → Lvl 5>

<Equipment>
<Belt of holding>
<Grimoire>
<Leather armor>
<Mana canisters>
<Mana musketblade>
<...>
<...>
<...>
<Does everything look correct to you?>
<...>
<And it's fine, Lilith. I don't hold it against you. You two are in a very scary, very strange situation thanks to myself and other admins. You owe me no apologies.>

Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
Kendrick

Kendrick looked at him as he tossed some wood into the stove. "I was told about the gods. But I couldn't care less. Someone I care for a lot ended up here apparently. So once I'm done helping here. Im gonna find the biggest city and start asking everyone and anyone for info." he answered as he put the cut wood into the stove. Before taking a piece of the wood. and making wood shavings to act as Tinder. He looked at the man, he seemed decent enough type. But kendrick couldn't be sure, still. If he tried to betray, just swing the axe. "Hmm. Well just use my axe as a griddle for now. can you use something to dig a hole? We'll need to bury the guts of the fish so no animals come for the smell. Bears are quite attracted to cooked fish. But... hibernation may be starting up. So we might be good. Still, no chances." he explained as he looked at his burnt hand and sighed. Pointing it into the stove. "...........Spark, But the fire type." casting another spell. He didn't have time to look for spark rocks.

Google stretched looking around as he put the cloak on. "hmmmm Where to now that im here.... Others are probably be around....Do I join them... Or leave immediatly..." he began to ponder as he investigated the surroundings looking at the sky as well. "...theres something you dont see every day"

oooo oooo Deathkitten Deathkitten

Brynhildr
<It is a default ability given. Even if you are not accosted by gods, it could be helpful. Some people could, yes, and it could be a concern, but most are amicable towards outsiders as it is known that admins do not control them. Some even turn over to the church instead and become an enemy themselves. So no. Most rational people do not attack outsiders. They are too valuable a resource.>
<Generally, it's better to have a skill than not, even if it is risky. Skills can be hard to get.>
<Not... typically, no. To answer your question. Skills, in general, will not have a denotation on their own xp and level requirements. This includes resistances. If you max out your appraise, then you can see that and more, however.>
<...>
<Last part. Please distribute your stats. Once you press done, you will be transported into the world.>
<Stats>
<Strength - 0>
<Toughness - 0>
<Dexterity - 0>
<Speed - 0>
<Knowledge - 0>
<Willpower - 0>
<Magical Stamina - 0>
<Physical Stamina - 0>
<Stress Stamina - 0>
<Ki Stamina - 0>
<Stress Power - 0>
<Magical Power - 0>
<Physical Power - 0>
<Ki Power - 0>
<Stress - 0>
<Stress Resistance - 0>
<You have 1600 points left to distribute.>
<Done>
1617514844549.png

Once he was done, assuming no other questions, she was transported. A warm static sensation washed over her body and the scene around her faded. The feeling faded, and with it came into view a forest... which she was sat in the middle of. Already, he could see someone walking away from the same spot with a cloak on - it seemed she wasn't the only one.

mentioned: Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon 's Google

Andriu
<Another person choosing Nixis... what an odd day.>
<...>
<25% dragon/75% Sukusi selected.>
<...>
<Select what kind of dragon. There is a dragon for almost any aspect/element.>
<...>
<Select gender.>
<Select height.>
<Select weight.>
<State that which is most important to you.>

Lucas listened, but was confused. Was that what the "What do you care the most about" question had been for? Had his mother also been transported into the world? This was worrying. To his knowledge he hadn't skipped any dialogue in the ethereal menu, but now he couldn't be sure. His rational thought was to just ignore this thought or he would go insane, but once he was able to get some form of scrying magic he would attempt to locate her, if she was here. He would probably end up doing that as soon as he came to a big city, if he were to find one. At least he had high magical abilities and he should be able to learn spells quickly with his high knowledge stat too, so hopefully this could actually go well. He understood Kendricks opinion of the god-mission, in that the task was so insurmountable that it would basically be impossible. Besides, did he even want to leave this world? Probably eventually, but he had to get more experience with it for now. He considered helping Kendrick find who he was looking for, but he reckoned that improving his own magical capabilities and gaining knowledge of the world should be his number one priority for now, and decided against following along with Kendrick to find whoever he was looking for. Maybe he could help once he had some way of locating people easily.

Lucas did not have the strength to dig a hole with his bare hands at this point and in hindsight he should've asked for a shovel and a compass too when selecting his equipment.
"I reckon you could dig a hole a lot faster than I, given your physique, if I am to be honest. I didn't ask for a shovel when selecting equipment unfortunately."
He was impressed by Kendricks survivalist knowledge, as he would never have considered wild animals being attracted to the smell of food, but with his luck ability that wouldn't be a problem, hopefully. He considered questioning Kendrick about his weakness to life magic, but he didn't want to reveal his abilities of appraisal quite yet, if ever.
"I have rations so I should be fine for food. You can eat the fish and I'll stay here for a night to reflect on our current predicament."
Kendrick had seemed friendly and he trusted his luck and appraisal.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Brynhildr

"Outsiders are too valuable a resource, huh ? So I'll be targeted simply because I exist, regardless of what I do... At least please tell me I won't get embarked on a crazy trip with weirdos for companions, because I'm not going to go along if that's what's planned."

I sighed. This was already proving to be more troublesome than it was worth, in my eyes... Though it wasn't like I had any way back, so might as well just go forward regardless. I just hoped it wouldn't be a swift path towards a painful demise... But I was worried. Worried I'd get hauled along on some stupid world-saving or world-ending quest for no reason... Worried I'd get targeted because of who or what I was, worried I'd fuck up ever so slightly at some point and then tumble down towards some dark fate... worried this would turn out to be a bad idea. I'd see soon enough, but... Well, I wasn't the hopeful sort. Which was why I'd become a doctor in the first place, even though I believed in God. Couldn't leave everything in the hands of fate. And God knew some people really needed a doctor to be their hand of Fate. Regardless, I filled my stats in a way that seemed to fit the image I had of myself.

strength - 40
toughness - 50
dexterity - 250
speed - 50
knowledge - 250

willpower - 200
magical stamina - 200
physical stamina - 20
stress stamina - 150
ki stamina - 20

stress power - 10
magical power - 100
physical power - 5
ki power - 5

stress - 50
stress resistance - 200

I didn't press "Done", though. I did have a final question.

"Before I go... Am I going to be safe out there, at least for long enough to get used to the world, or will I be dropped into the unknown, with all associated risks ?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Kendrick stood up as the fire started. "I dont need to eat food. I can digest anything" he said tossing a piece of rock into his mouth. His new strength letting him easily crunch it in his mouth. It tasted. Like a rock, Bit powdery. Like a slightly metallic and crunchy TUM tablet. HEs tasted worse. "Rations should be that. Rations, fresh food is good for the mind and body. If you aren't use to the wilderness a good meal can be the difference between insanity and sanity." He took the nice jacket off that the admin had prepared as well as the gloves and walked out of the shack. To the river bank he headed stopping by the traps. Dropping to his knees he began digging a hole out with speed unlike anything human, His strength and claws that came from the dragon race as a trait were quite effective for this task. Menial labor was what Kendrick could accel at in times like this.

oooo oooo

"If you insist."
Lucas decided to follow Kendricks advice regarding a meal. He didn't max out stress resistance and he wasn't sure how much he'd need it, but better to get some fresh food for now while he could. He would spectate Kendrick digging for now, while setting up his sleep roll and mess kit for the fire.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

If text could sigh, it would have.

Her stats were fine. She had so many questions! The admin assigned to this woman had little patience for all of this.

<Yes unless you do something stupid. You'll be in an area mostly safe unless you go into a dungeon or piss off some large creature. It's close to the capital of a country called Oubern.>
<Goodbye.>

With that, without another word, she was shunted out into the world.

1617514844549.png

A warm static sensation washed over her body and the scene around her faded. The feeling faded, and with it came into view a forest... which she was sat in the middle of. Already, she could see someone walking away from the same spot with a cloak on - it seemed she wasn't the only one.

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Dennis and Lilith
Open your inventory by literally opening your pack. Unless you have something magi- hang on.... Do we have something like that? HEY BOB!!!

1621077514977.pngEverything was moving slowly, but smoothly, which was as he intended from the start knowing Lilith. It was better to let things move slowly to begin with rather than make any mistakes. Having said that, he was glad of the outcome, as apparently if Lilith's apology had anything to do with what she gained - noted by her ear-to-ear grin, things were starting to look up for her. Between the equipment, skills, and professions they took, hopefully everything they got at this point would equal out. Dennis was, however, less inclined to let his emotions show as he looked over the list of skills and equipment he was receiving. Advanced Appraise leveled up, letting him open even more information for each of the skills and pieces of equipment that they were gaining, and just as he imagined his kid would be doing, he was going to appraise each and every one of them to make sure he got as much information as possible - how it worked, how it leveled, and what it could offer as time went by.

"Say, Luna," he started, rubbing his chin as he looked over the list. "You've been quite the giving host as of late, even relenting to what questions and qualms we've had so far. You aren't going to get in trouble for all this, are you? We've already taken so much time, and at level one, we aren't going to be very helpful for the immediate future when it comes down to taking down a single god, let alone multiple if they're colluding and we have to fight a tag-team of sorts. You're investing quite a lot into a duo that may end up failing."

Much as he wanted to take as much time as possible, the fact remained that they were starting from the bottom and had to work their way up. Failure wasn't really an option from the beginning, to be sure, but how exactly did the allotment of experience work? Was it gained through guilds as a sort of currency, or was it a natural, innate growth? Then there was the issue about currency itself. Lilith seemed to be roused from her thoughts as she heard her father's words, however, and looked to her screen away from the many pop-ups she had show when the question was prompted.

1621078075344.png"Right," she interjected as her head snapped up to look at her dad. "Far as I can tell, we don't even really know much about the currency. Are we going in with nothing? If there are guilds, are their exams to join free of charge, or do we have to do odd-jobs until we have enough to join something like an Adventurer's Guild so we can get our bearings? Also, if we do get in free, how does the Guild stay open - do they take a commission fee from any kinds of monetary rewards, or are they federally funded?

"As far as the skills and gear go, though," she continued, her hand reaching to rub the back of her neck. "It looks like everything I've requested is here, and I can definitely put all these skills to good use. You've been really helpful this entire time. I'd actually hate to ask for anymore assistance in the matter considering how much the gear alone may be costing your establishment."

Deathkitten Deathkitten (Short post is short.)

Andriu

"I mean... I'm just going for optimization. I'm not really a good person or anything, but I'm a gamer at heart. And whatever this is, I'll get myself an optimal build. Or as close as I can get. Of course, there might be some dose of personal preference in here, but not enough to weight on my choices. That said... I don't know what kind of dragons there are, so just hit me with the one most suited for manipulating pure energy, please. I'll fill the rest in the meanwhile."

<Gender : Non-binary>
<Height : 187cm>
<Weight : 72kg>

That was that already. The easy part, at least. Could use to slim up a bit, so I went with it. A few less kilos wouldn't be noticeable, and I'd feel better overall. Now for the complex part... There wasn't really anything I wanted, or anything I held in particular value. I'd been fighting for freedom, for myself, for a lot of different things. Maybe that ? What else could I think of ? Precious little - if anything at all. Yeah, I'd probably go for that. The one thing I had esteem for; the ability for someone to make their own choices, however terrible they might be.

"What's most important to me... Free will, I'd say. The ability to be an asshole or a saint or anything in between, purely of one's own volition."

That all ?
No... no.

"It's not really important, but whatever happens next... could you please not restore my eyesight or anything ? I've gotten used to having only one eye, I don't want to have to go through relearning that again."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Brynhildr

"Well fuck you too", I muttered to the admin in particular - which was really not anyone here - after the system summarily threw me out and about on the other side. Brynhildr will remember this, was the sort of thought going in my head right at this moment. Okay, calm the fuck down girl. Focus. Try to find any focal point, explore your surroundings, make for safety. The words from the mandatory conscription year's drill sergeant came to mind. Old fuck was twelve kinds of pain in the ass but he had always been of sound advice, especially when it came to survival. So I did as I had been taught.

First I tried to get my bearings, after the sudden and unexpected transition - the sensation had been strange, and I was still recovering. As my eyes acclimated to the daylight - slower than what I was used to, most likely because of that light sensibility thing - I made out that I was in the forest. It was the trees that gave it away. There were a lot of trees and a lot of silence. From a civilizational point of view at least; the area looked entirely untouched, and only the usual forest background noise could be heard. I stayed there listening for a dozen seconds - no unusual sounds, aside from me still not having learned to recognize the voices of birds. Alright. The admin had most likely said the truth, then.

Then I noticed there was someone and my tension ratcheted back up to the max in a second. As quietly as I could, I searched through the satchel that had been given to me, palming one of the knives. It would be a waste to use it as a weapon, but it was the only thing looking remotely like one, out of all of my possessions. Fingers clenched, I called out to the man I was seeing walking around.

"Vem går där ?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
tumblr_mqven3PI1e1qk3jflo1_1280.gif

Google was about to head about before sighing as he heard someone speak behind him. Turning around he held up his hands from the cloak in a surrender pose. "Hmmm. Sounds vaguely European... in that case.... Magic skill lets me have access to all types of magic right.... Let's test it...... [May All who hear my words understand them clearly. Translation]" he said trying to focus on the spell before saying "Hello! Don't mind me. just a traveller. If your looking for others. You should most likely follow that sign~" he was very kind in his words as his movements were extravagant. pointing to the tree with kendricks message carved into it. He had no idea if his spell had actually worked. but even if not. Seeing as English was one of the three most common languages. there was a decent chance she understood some of it.

<I make the rules, not follow them, dear. Don't worry about me.>
<You're going in with what you've asked for.>
<Last part. Both of you, please distribute your stats. Once you press done, you will be transported into the world.>
<Stats>
<Strength - 0>
<Toughness - 0>
<Dexterity - 0>
<Speed - 0>
<Knowledge - 0>
<Willpower - 0>
<Magical Stamina - 0>
<Physical Stamina - 0>
<Stress Stamina - 0>
<Ki Stamina - 0>
<Stress Power - 0>
<Magical Power - 0>
<Physical Power - 0>
<Ki Power - 0>
<Stress - 0>
<Stress Resistance - 0>
<You have 1600 points left to distribute.>
<Done>

Once they were done, assuming no other questions, they were transported. A warm static sensation washed over their bodies and the scene around them faded. The feeling faded, and with it came into view a forest... which they were sat in the middle of. There were two other people just by them.

Osuka Osuka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne
<Answer accepted: Free Will.>
<...>
<Ability granted: Purify - Lvl 1>
<...>
<You will have to remove your own eyesight through damage should you wish to remain with one eye. The body you will gain will be new, without injury.
<...>
<What is your greatest fear?>

Lucas slept the night in Kendrick's hut and went on to trek towards what he concluded was north, based on the sunrise to his right. He figured it would be less foresty the further north he went and hopefully he would be able to find a civilization soon, aided by his luck. He wouldn't have to worry about food for a while, and unless he had truly been dropped in the middle of nowhere, he probably encounter people before his rations ran out. He used the time to organize his thoughts despite his heels scraping towards his shoe, slowly developing blisters.

First, he would have to become more acquainted with magic and it's properties. He needed to figure out some sort of scrying magic, both so that he could possibly help Kendrick, but also so that he could find out if his mom had been warped in here as well. He would also need some way to mark others that had been transported in here, so that they could eventually group up, now that he knew they most likely all had the objective to kill 3 gods. Kendrick had chosen to stay and would likely meet other "earth-worlders". If he could somehow get a spell or ability that would let him know the location of people he had met before... This would be a top priority. Lucas wasn't worried about any of the other earth-worlders being hostile, given that they all had the same objective and Kendrick had his own objective to deal with. Still, Lucas didn't like being around someone who focused on magic that was his weakness. He would have to figure out how to keep himself protected from fire spells somewhere in the future, too.

He needed more defensive skills, not because he was worried about wilderness, although maybe he should be, but because he was worried about other mages. He still had no idea how magic worked and what the limits were, after all someone could be scrying on him this very moment and he would have no clue. Kendrick could even have casted some sort of spell on him a he wouldn't know. This was very concerning. Maybe he was being paranoid, but had he himself been a more insidious person he might've asked for a spell to manipulate others.

He had seen Kendrick cast fire magic, willing it into existence as Lucas had done with his advanced appraisal skill. Looking back, he wasn't sure what prompted his weakness to fire in the selection menu, but it sure was better than Kendricks weakness to life magic. He wasn't sure how severe the weakness was, given that he had yet to burn himself, but he should probably try it out once he was in the city. In fact, maybe it would be better to test out his weaknesses and skills now, given that he couldn't mess anyone else up out here, alone.

He channelled his electric magic at a tree and fired a magic missile afterwards another place on the same tree, to see what the difference in damage would be.

Andriu

"Right. That's unfortunate, but okay. I'll find a way to deal with it. I ever do."

And it wasn't even a lie. If there was a problem, there was a solution, and I would find it. It was probably a bit of a boast, sure, because some situations I'd had to deal with had been far from glorious, but hey, ain't no perfect life out there. Anyway, since magic was a thing, I could probably just rip out the eye and then cauterize the wound with magic. Probably. If I couldn't use magic like that, then I would just shove some burning ember in there to cauterize. Regardless, this was a concern for later. I still had questions to answer, apparently.

My greatest fear, huh ?

As much as I liked to pretend the contrary, there were things I was afraid of. Not death, because I knew I couldn't escape that, no matter what I did. There was no way to achieve true eternity, not in the flesh at least. I was a lifelong partisan of earning a legacy through infamy. But the things I feared... Not to be hunted - I'd been for a long time, and it'd been more of a game than anything. To be cornered, though, and forced to make a choice between two bad options, I disliked. Not to flee, because taking unreasonable stands led to an untimely death. But to be hounded away, to be forced to leave behind my homeland, my family, everything I had... I had hated those moments my entire life.

"Exile."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back