• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Is This Another Isekai? ~ RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nastasya

As the mirror that had just appeared was showing me, the wave of warmth I had just felt was indeed a transformation of sorts. Huh. Pretty. No... More "beautiful" than "pretty" - by my standards, at least. Looking very much distressed anyway. That said, the text that appeared afterwards had me freezing in shock.

<Do you want a wish?>
<For a task, it can be granted.>
<Kill three gods. You can achieve this goal however you see fit. If you succeed, you are granted a wish. This wish could be to retrieve your husband or to return home.>

What. What ?
No. Just no.

At this point, I wasn't even sure anymore whether I was just thinking or speaking out loud. It didn't matter, really. First off, the whole "kill three gods" business; I'm not one really keen on stories, but the precious little I've read have given me enough savviness not to do that. That'd be a gateway to upsetting whatever world I'd find myself in, or a good way to suffer eternal torment - or both. Second, the wish; notwithstanding that, should I accept, I would have to kill three gods to get it, it was just plain immoral. It wouldn't be fair for Fred to have to suddenly find himself in another world, or for me to return after how much time would have passed. It'd only be normal for him to have moved on, and I wouldn't want to force myself back into his life. And even with the assumption that it would bring me back to the instant everything started, I would still remember everything that happened, everything I would have been through, and possibly forgotten him in the meanwhile. It wouldn't be fair for either of us to live with a stranger with a loved one's face; that'd be a surefire way to ruin a relationship that would be nonexistent in the first place.

"<I refuse. Wholeheartedly.>"

<...>
<...>
<Ability granted: Greater Telekinesis - Lvl 1>
<...>
<What is your greatest fear?>

Seems like my answer had been registered, given the moment of "silence" from the screen. And now an ability ? Yeah, this really was a video game. Wasn't enjoying it, though. It was more stressful than anything, and had become outright worrisome with that inquiry about killing three gods. Then... My greatest fear. Well. That one ought to be obvious.

<Power.>

"I don't mind the great responsibilities, but I don't want the power that matches them. Much too easy to go wrong. Is that all now ?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

<Answer accepted: Saviour>
<Ability granted: Miracle - Lvl 1>
<Answer accepted: Lack of self-care>
<Ability granted: Accelerated healing - Lvl 1>

<Offensively selected.>
<Long-ranged selected.>
<Physical attacks selected.>

<You may select two basic or equivalent abilities.>

Lemercer Lemercer

Connor and Dennis

1616548514271.pngConnor couldn't help but rake his fingers through his long blonde locks as he stared at the reply he got. After a rustling, which seemed to only make the hair more agreeable to deal with rather than tangling, he was left with a decision. He could either accept and cover the flaws that came with going with both, or he could stick with one race in particular and at least be more focused on less disadvantages. The problem was that going with any single race came with a lesser number of advantages, though they were more powerful, but if he was allowed to be a halfling between the two, their resistances alone could potentially make up for the disadvantages both races came with.

If Snow Elves were, stereotypically, resistant or even immune to cold weather, then the risk of freezing wouldn't be an issue, and with the Mana Dragon, it could lessen or maybe even cancel out other climates - or at least let him have access to universal magick that he could use for that little issue. Manipulating mana directly could have its advantages as well, seeing as it wasn't a specialization of it's own like elements (maybe?), and maybe he could even bullshit physics into the equation to make it all the more effective? If he went purely with the Snow Elves, then it was almost a guarantee that he would have both resistance and affinity with the Cold and Ice - or however that worked here as far as elemental magick worked, and he could keep with light armor or even design a form of armor to make up for what could possibly be debuffs in warmer climates.

Another scratch of his head was in order as he paced for a moment, trying to mull over his options and keep his head level. This was, obviously, more stressful than just rolling up a D&D character, and obviously this wasn't going to work out like an RPG such as Skyrim or whatever other Bethesda game he wanted to enjoy at the moment. His life even depended on these options, in fact; someone who didn't know a damn thing about the world trying to make decisions that could have an effect on their entire future was a laughable concept at best, and utterly daunting and maddening at worst. Connor was somewhere in the middle, but even with the weight of his options, still trying to keep his composure to the best of his abilities...

Her abilities? He kept saying "he" to "himself," and never really listening to the little voice in their head that was beaten down to a tiny whisper. All this time, Connor was thinking about the negatives of this all, but....

"Half Snow Elf, Half Mana Dragon," Connor started, looking around the room before turning his attention to the screen. "And switch my sex-"

"Wait, what?!" Came Dennis's voice, a more confused reeling to his voice rather than a bark. "Connor, I don't know what's going on, but you realize that a woman's fate on the battlefield could be worse than death, right?!"

Well, that was about the reaction he expected, and Connor squared their shoulders before looking to Dennis.

"Dad, think about it," he started, doing their best to keep eye contact. "Even with the theoretical disadvantages, there are advantages as well. Female biology, though there are sometimes differences, have a lower center of gravity. Balance is less of an issue, and with a smaller frame, I can complete more dexterous tasks. It's not like I've always had Herculean strength - I'm basically plateaued at about what would be expected of a woman my size-"

"Okay, for one," Dennis interjected, holding up one hand to point. "I didn't raise you to-"

"I'm saying the average, pops," Connor countered. "I'm not saying that one sex will always be stronger than the other. I know you served with women who could bench you, and I've been thrown by more women than men, so don't even start in on that. Divine knows I've eaten my fair share of dirt during SCA skirmishes to know it like the back of my hand."

"You know you don't have to have a sex change just for those things, though," came Dennis's retort. "So this is something more, isn't it? Why would you risk having to adjust to an entirely different physiology when you know what kind of situation could be waiting for us the moment we put boots to dirt?"

"This is not the time," Connor said with a shake of his head. "We're keeping Bob waiting, and we can talk about this at literally any other time. Besides, you didn't discuss the idea of going with Human as your race when there are others that could have potentially greater advantages."

1616549896346.pngA defeated groan left Dennis as he held up both hands and looked away. It was a sign of yielding to the general populace, but between the two of them, it meant more. When Connor raised their hands to do much the same, it meant they'd save the more complicated topic for later. They were busy with something, and they had to focus. Dennis also knew that this wasn't the time to be questioning so critically - whatever his son had in mind, it had to be for a good reason. Connor wasn't the kind to just act without thinking long enough to come to a solid reason, and if there was magick, that meant that anything was possible to them at the moment. If it didn't work out, they'd just find a way to reverse it.

"Half Snow Elf and Half Mana Dragon," Connor said again, letting out a sigh afterwards. "And change my sex. Make me female. If there's a customization option, I already have something in mind on my phone, and if there's a way to upload it, I'll do that."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

<Unfortunate to hear you refuse so readily.>
<Let us continue regardless.>
<...>
<Answer accepted: Power.>
<...>
<You are a strange one.>
<...>
<Ability granted: Cancellation - Lvl 1>
<...>
<...>
<What is your greatest success?>
<What is your greatest failure?>

The screen paused again, allowing her to answer, as it was a lot of information. After she did, three pillars would rise beyond the screen. One with a staff. One with a sword. One with a shield.

<If you had to fight, how would you prefer to do it?>
<Defensively? Offensively?>
<Long-ranged? Short-ranged?>
<Would you like to focus on magic or physical attacks?>

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

<I am entertained that you're skipping right on ahead.>
<...>
<Human - Fire Opal selected for Dennis.>
<Half-snow elf, half-mana dragon selected for Connor.>
<Dennis, you may change your selection if you wish, now.>
<...>
<Connor, now is when you state that sex change you desire.>
<...>
<Select gender.>
<Select height.>
<Select weight.>
<...>
<Now then.>
<State that which is most important to you.>

Osuka Osuka

I meant Half half-dragon and half wood elf, but we can just retcon or w/e.
He looked weird, even for a fantasy creature. Scales and elf ears don't really go together when you look at it, but his facial aesthetics were nice, despite being a bit monstrous. He reckoned the elf genetics had helped beautify the half-dragon genetics, which were a bit iffy in looks. He still had hair but it was a dark blue. He had brown and blue skin, shifting, around his body. His face was a brown but the ends of his limbs were mostly dark blue. The mix of half-dragon and wood elf colours had, instead of mixing, patterned along his body. His eyes were dark brown, still, so at least he could recognize those. His frame was the same, but slightly broader at the shoulders and had a lot more muscle than he was used to. This would do. He read the "Which dragon [...]" segment. He was blue and he would assume that meant water or electricity.

<I would prefer electricity>

He read "Ability granted [...]". Telepathy? Huh. That would be useful but he had hoped for a more combat oriented power. Maybe his mindset was wrong. Maybe he shouldn't think of this as an RPG, but rather like the real world. Telepathy would be useful in social situations, especially if he could learn to read minds or feelings. He was sure that telepathy to some degree meant sending mental messages to people to some degree, but if it could evolve beyond that... At least it was a power that had potential.

His greatest fear? Having no future, by far. Working in retail all his life, that was his greatest fear. He typed:

<A repetitive existence>

Connor and Dennis
To aim, git gud, skrub lol

1616888520875.png
Right now was Connor's time to shine, and Dennis was quick to hold his hands up and relent. In any case, there wasn't really anything he was going to change anyway, so for at least this leg of the race, he was done. His selections were done quietly and quickly, and he supposed he'd just... Wait for the changes, if there even were any. As for Connor, though, he had more work to do. It was better to let the... Well, let his kid do what they needed to do than cause a distraction. They were gonna be making themselves a new body, and he had to be sure he was fine with the selections he was going to make - she would make? Shit, being a good parent was going to be just a little tougher with the changes that could end up happening, but it wasn't his place to dictate how his kid lived, so long as they lived honestly and did the right thing. It was just going to be difficult to break such an unconscious habit after almost two decades of solidifying it. Though, if he could live through what he was up against in the military, this wouldn't be a problem at all. It was mindfulness he'd have to put into practice for his kid, and over time, it'd be the new habit. That's all there was to it.

Little did he know, however, the transformation would be almost instant. Dennis didn't even notice the changes as his flesh began to tan and tighten, his muscle and bone shift and resize themselves to fit a native of a strange, brave new world. He didn't even notice his hair lengthen and pale or his eyes change - though who could blame someone for having no idea that their eye color would shift or their vision sharpen as slowly as it had come? He was finding it odd that, out of everything that went down, his glasses were starting to be more of a problem than an actual boon to his eye sight, so he simply decided to take them off and tuck them away, paying absolutely no mind to the darkened tone of his hand's flesh.

1616889891193.pngConnor hadn't paid mind to their father the moment the selections had prompted their attention. Height, weight, and Gender were being prompted, and setting aside Bob's quips, the selections were quite simple. They already didn't weigh very much to begin with, even at six feet, so they could live with the weight. The height he didn't even both changing, either. In many ways, height was incredibly useful, and he didn't feel like there was any reason to change it anyway, so he left it at that. It was when he - when she selected her gender that the changes were almost immediately noticeable. From the color of her hair to everything she knew about her old body was gone. Under the guise of her once-well-fit clothes which tightened and slacked in various places came the changes that she could feel. From the elongation of her ears and nails, to the shift in her own center of gravity, she was able to take in every ounce that shifted, shrank, and expanded until nothing of her former self was left save her height. She even had to scramble to change the tightness of her belt to save herself a moment of embarrassment.

Fantastical as it was, it felt right. The basics - considering the situation, felt like a suit she had stepped into made just for her. In almost every way, the one known as Connor was gone, and in his place stood Lilith. She wanted to be emotional and cry and bounce in glee, but there would be time for jubilation when it was appropriate. Instead, she righted the possessions she had brought from the old world - pack, firearm, and other miscellany, and set herself to completing the task at hand.

Or, at least, she would've.

"Holy shit!!" Came Dennis's voice, which snapped Lilith from her concentration.

She felt quicker as she wheeled around to look at -

"Holy shit!!" She barked back, and she couldn't help but be subconsciously reminded of a fun little Spider-Man meme as the two of them found them pointing at one another.

"Dude, you're a freaking Elf!"

"Yeah, and who the hell said you had permission to look like a Fuckboi?!"

Dennis had to pause, even when he had his finger up ready to retort once more. Instead, he found himself whipping out his phone and turning on the camera to look at his own face. In place of what he once knew was a sharper jaw, golden eyes, and teeth that seemed all too white and perfect for memory. Long white locks dressed in beads and braids flowed from his crown, and across the right side of his face trailing down was a tattoo he never remembered getting, let alone even having the audacity to think he could pull off, but...

"Goddamn I'm hot," He said with a grin. "Your mother-"

"My only mother, you audacious fuckboy," Lilith interjected. "and don't think this means you're just gonna go off and play the Trademark Copyright Symbol Bard Trademark."

"Oh yeah? How about yourself, girlie?" Dennis said with a laugh. "Won't be going to Girl's Night Out Trademark Copyright Symbol looking like that, now will you?"

Now it was Lilith's turn to pause. She knew that she felt all the different changes in her body, but she hadn't yet had a good look at her face yet. Following in her father's footsteps, Lilith was quick to pull a mirror from her pack to look at what he was talking about, and her ice-blue eyes widened. Her hair, snow white, was styled like something you'd only see in a high-fantasy cartoon or animation, with the bangs flared and swept to one side with the rest spilling over her shoulders and chest. Ice blue eyes were lined with an almost vantablack smoke-like shadow, which peaked and fell at points around her eyes and down her cheeks. A symbol, something almost akin to a scar was etched into her forehead, and down her lower lip and chin - punctuated with elongated canines which came to rending points, was another scar-like black line.

"....Goddamn I'm hot," she found herself mumbling with a grin, lightly touching at the marks and the accents of her cheekbones.

"'And don't think this means you're just gonna go off and play the Trademark Copyright Symbol Bard Trademark.' Who said that one? I can't remember for some reason." Dennis remarked with a wolfish snark-laden smirk, tapping at his chin.

"Oh har har," she quipped back at him before their attention returned to Bob.

What was the thing that was the most important to them? Success, while important, wasn't the highest on the list. In fact, compared to many things, it was far lower than one would expect. To succeed meant that one overcame failure to learn how to do so. In fact, Success only came at the expense of failure whether by history or by one's own hand, so that was just an inevitability. So was it Family, then? After a moment, both of them seemed to shake their heads at that. Sure, it was Lilith and Dennis versus the World all their lives, but Family stayed at the top of a whole different list that was separate from this kind of prompt. No, this was something far more personal than just "Success, Family, and Wealth," as just about anyone would default to.

"To Learn and Grow," they found themselves saying in unison, and both looked to each other with a raised brow before they held their hands up and looked away.

"We're going into an entirely different world from our own," Lilith continued, looking at Bob's prompt. "And knowledge is the highest form of power, no matter where you go."

"Besides, we're going to be forced to learn every spell and technique we can get our hands on," Dennis continued, folding his arms and leaning back on one leg. "So if this is just a survey, it doesn't matter, but whatever this gives us would likely be nothing but advantageous. You can't survive if you can't learn."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

"alright alright, My bad Admin. But fine, just go with high elf." He said before listening. An ability, two at that. What would he need for this world. Something to help with survival. And something to keep him from being lost would be useful. "Hmmm, an ability to safely digest whatever I eat. And, an ability like mapping, something that lets me keep a personal map of the world that ive explored so far. Are those okay? I don't really know how this works, but my friend said usually people like you get mad if we ask for cheat abilities." He was just speaking what he had been told.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

<Answer accepted. Growth.>
<...>
<Ability granted to both of you: Advanced Appraise - Lvl 1>
<...>

Osuka Osuka
<Answer accepted: Boredom.>
<...>
<Ability granted: Luck - Lvl 1>
<...>

The screen paused again, allowing him to answer, as it was a lot of information. After he did, three pillars would rise beyond the screen. One with a staff. One with a sword. One with a shield.

oooo oooo
<Ability granted: Devour - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted: Map - Lvl 1>
<...>
<...>
<Both of these abilities are only marginally useful at Lvl 1, but as they grow will become far more useful.>
<...>
<Please choose your starting equipment.>
<...>
<Please choose your career.>

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
Luck? He wondered, was this a videogame form of luck related to mechanics or was he really in another world and would have luck in his journey? As for his greatest success... Realistically, he hadn't achieved much in his time on earth, if anything it would've been his recent focus to study for college while also holding down his job. Every weekday, it felt like he had come home from eight hours of work only to work another two or three hours. It felt shitty, but he had kept up his studying nearly every day.

<Future-oriented determination>

As for his greatest failure, lack of future-oriented determination had been his original downfall, when he didn't do well enough in school. Hmm. He crossed out the original answer to his greatest success and consecutively put in the two boxes:

<Learning from my errors>
and
<Lack of future-orientedness>

After he had tapped in the info, three pillars suddenly arose. They had items almost representing classes in an MMO, or preferred comba- Oh, he read the text below. That was exactly what it was. Huh. Defensively or offensively? Why would one fight defensively, he thought. The winning condition is beating your opponent, so he would always prefer to be on the offensive. On the other hand, if he didn't want to fight, he would definitely need defensive abilities of some sort, especially when he knew from the race-selection menu that there were dragons around. He ended up choosing defensively, albeit being aware that he would need offensive tools too. His wings could probably carry him out of most bad situations, if he ever figured out how to move those muscles properly. He already had the logical answer to the other questions, tapping them all in immediately.

<Defensively>
<Long-ranged>
<Magic>

Obviously these were just his preferences. He assumed that he could attempt both short and close range, and magic and physical strength, but he had always been more of a thinker than a fighter.

Connor and Dennis
To initiate a super glory kill - sorry, what? This isn't Doom?

Advanced Appraise?

1617059939212.pngLilith couldn't help but tilt her head as she looked at the prompt and tentatively poked at it. Of course, it was a silly thing to do - more of a habit born out of years of video-game reflex conditioning, and the only answer she was able to derive out of it was that it gave more information than the normal skill. It was interesting to say the absolute least, and she found herself rubbing at her chin as she began contemplating on how best it would serve them, but it was apparent they'd start with being able to gather more information than normal right off the bat. It could be lifesaving and lucrative at best, especially if this new world paid well for medicinal items and ingredients. At the very least, Lilith decided that she would have to bookmark that idea in her head for later. They had to at least get through this Character Creation screen just to start the level one stuff.

The greater concern now was just exactly that - their concerns. As her meandering mind revisited the world of the present, she found a particularly worrisome query sitting in front of her: her greatest fear? First Bob wanted to know what was most important, and now what they feared the most. The prospects of that weren't looking great, given their current situation as it was apparent Bob could just finagle reality as they saw fit after having displayed the ability to simply change their bodies and give them skills at will. It made the prospect of telling someone with that much authority all the worse, given the fact that it could potentially be used against them. Was Bob trying to profile them? Control them with their fears, maybe? Be the hand that gives and takes? Lilith had half a mind to pop off again, maybe dig at Bob just to see what kind of reaction it would warrant from the being, but Dennis was too quick to reply.

1617061020793.png"..I'm afraid of hurting my kid," He started, and Lilith didn't even have the chance to stop him as she wheeled about to face him. "I brought a lot back over when my tour was done, and not a whole lot of it is good. I have to constantly keep myself in check because I keep thinking I'm gonna see those fucking dunes and those trees again. I keep thinking all I'm going to see is some nameless enemy and wake up to see Connor beaten to a pulp or dead."

That... Shook a few foundations in Lilith's mind. The fact that he was afraid of something that's never happened was something she should have predicted given his background, but never would have guessed was always hanging off of Dennis's back. He never really told her everything that happened overseas, either - it was more like trying to pry teeth from someone's mouth, and what she was told were basically small details that didn't seem to fit anywhere. Something didn't feel right. Like the man who had said his piece wasn't the man he knew all his life...

"Don't accept that," Lilith said with a raise of her hand. "Last time we had a spar, you said you were being serious. I kept up with you for six rounds before you rocked my shit. You can't tell me the last time we threw hands was you holding back-"

"It was," Dennis interjected, his gaze shifting to his now-daughter. "And I don't think you've gotten it into your head just what that means, kiddo. I've killed people with my bare hands faster than you can blink. I've taken lives without thinking about it faster than you can piss yourself and didn't even think about it. Fights in War are seconds long - nothing like the sparring matches we've had with rules. Now just imagine if, mentally, I was back there and you were an enemy, and there was no one around to save you.

"So yeah," He continued with a gesture, looking back at the prompt. "That... That'd be my answer. Hurting my kid."

A silence fell between the two as Dennis finished his answer. There was a mix of emotions stirring within both of them; fear, hurt, sadness, and alongside them things they couldn't presently put names to. Their last words had put everything in their lives into perspective, and Lilith was learning the hard way that everything until now wasn't as she knew them before. All of her efforts before this point must have been child's play to Dennis, even if he never said it or meant for her to feel such. Of course it had to be. When your best mentor had to hold everything back, it was obvious that you couldn't learn the most from them. It put everything into place - and brought forth the one thing that Lilith could say for certainty that she feared.

"Failing, huh..?" She asked herself, muttering the bitter words. "I've been at a dead sprint to keep up with you ever since mom, but you've just been jogging the entire time. All these years I've been doing everything I could so that I'd be able to protect you as much as you've done for me, and now I feel like no matter what I do, in the end, I'm gonna end up failing when it matters most."

"Connor, I didn't-"

Dennis tried to speak, but she shook her head before taking in a deep breath and rubbing at her forearm.

"It's Lilith, pops," she interjected. "But that isn't as important. I know you didn't mean to make it seem like that, but if I can't succeed when the only options are do or die, what does that make me? If I can't protect everyone - if I can't stop what's coming after them, then what does that make me? What am I if I can't stand between it and them and come out alive?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Edit: A word

ardan-maulana-axe.png"weapons..... A big axe... War Axe." He said choosing it. As it appeared in his hands. Using the blade to look at his new face "interesting... New look..." He said before grabbing clothes and getting dressed."Career huh.... Survivalist" he said calmly spinning the axe with ease."......Im ready admin. Send me in. I want to see what she told me about every day" He said calmly, No hesitation in his voice.

8dcd32249f04d3a2215a4694c5d5c11e.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Nastasya ; Brynhildr now

<You are a strange one.>

I quirked an eyebrow, muttering under my breath. "What's strange with being a well-adjusted person who doesn't want to turn bad..." Guess I didn't have the same personal standards as a goddamn floating screen between worlds. Go figure. In any case, I didn't really care about pleasing or disappointing the screen or whoever was behind it. I did not mind being given a second life for some obscure reason, but there was no way in hell I'd accept an entirely optional and equally insane secondary objective. Plus there were those strange questions, and I could not make head or tails of why they were asked in the first place. Still, guess I couldn't go on without answering them, so...

Well. Both had easy answers for me. I didn't have achieved anything worthy of mentioning, nothing that would be considered a greatest success of mine in my eyes. I knew my standards were a tad skewed due to my upbringing, but even then, following said standards I'd met people who had done things that fell under "greatest success", and some who'd probably go even further than that. As for the failures... If I'd had a better knowledge of chemistry something like five, six years ago, I would have successfully finished my autopsy, and my colleague would have solved his murder case. The only one black mark on my record, and until... well, until now, I'd been studying whenever I could to make up for it.

<I have no greatest success.>
<My greatest failure occurred when I was unable to identify a poison.>

The screen would have to be happy with that, because I had nothing else to give. Hopefully that would also be the end of things - nevermind. Something else appeared past the screen. Some... pillar... things ? Sword, shield, staff... Oh. That was that moment, I guessed, before the screen confirmed what I was thinking.

Ugh. The thing I hated the most. I always hated holding a weapon. Only ever did for the police exams. I never even bothered to pick one up at the armory after getting my certification. The only "weapon" I'd ever allowed myself to hold was my scalpel, and even then, that was because I'm a surgeon, not a butcher. I'd worked to save lives, not take them. No hesitation here. The least damage I could do, the better off I'd be.

"I'd rather not have to fight in the first place... Though if it can't be avoided... Well. Defensively, of course. Long-range is better. Probably magic. I'm not really scrawny, but I'm nowhere near jacked enough to be a physical combatant. Though I'd rather not fight at all if I can."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

<Answer accepted: Learning>
<Ability granted: Advanced Appraise - Lvl 1>
<Answer accepted: Lack of foresight>
<Ability granted: Heightened Sixth Sense - Lvl 1>

<Defensively selected.>
<Long-ranged selected.>
<Magical attacks selected.>

oooo oooo
When she poked at the skill Advanced Appraise, it responded by making a new screen appear that followed her movements but was mostly see-through.

<Advanced Appraise>
<Advanced Appraise: A skill that increases the effectiveness of the Appraise skill and allows for more information to be garnered.>

The main creation menu seemed unphased by this, as though it didn't notice or didn't care. It continued with its questioning.

<Answer accepted from Dennis: Hurting Family.>
<Answer accepted from ConnorLilith: Failure.>
<...>
<...>
<Ability granted to Dennis: Snap Heal - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted to Lilith: Dice - Lvl 1>
<...>
<One does not go all out when training a subordinate or family member. If they did, you'd never learn and you'd only get hurt or killed.>
<...>
<I am not a therapist, so please hold your arguments until after this is over, if you could.>
<Now then...>

The screen paused again, allowing them to answer, as it was a lot of information. After they did, three pillars would rise beyond the screen. One with a staff. One with a sword. One with a shield.

Osuka Osuka
<Answer Accepted: War Axe>
<Equipment gifted.>
<...>
<Answer Accepted: Survivalist>
<Ability granted: Devour - Lvl 1>
<Abilities consolidated: Devour - Lvl 1 + Devour - Lvl 1>
<Resultant ability: Devour - Lvl 2>
<Ability granted: Map - Lvl 1>
<Abilities consolidated: Map - Lvl 1 + Map - Lvl 1>
<Resultant ability: Map - Lvl 2>
<Ability granted: Fire Magic - Lvl 1>
<...>
<Gaining abilities from racial choices...>
<Ability granted: Poison - Lvl 5>
<Ability granted: Flight - Lvl 5>
<Sub-ability granted: Glide - Max>
<Sub-ability granted: Rapid Flight - Lvl 3>
<Ability granted: Enhanced Strength - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted: Beauty - Lvl 3>
<...>
<So eager to leave.>
<Let's double-check your choices first, shall we?>
KENDRICK - Lvl 1
<Skill: Beauty → Lvl 3>
<Skill: Devour → Lvl 2>
<Skill: Dice → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Enhanced Strength → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Flight → Lvl 5>
<Sub-skill: Glide → Max>
<Sub-skill: Rapid Flight → Lvl 3>
<Skill: Fast Teleport → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Fire Magic → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Heresy → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Map → Lvl 2>
<Skill: Miracle → Lvl 2>
<Skill: Poison → Lvl 5>
<Skill: Taboo → Lvl 1>

<Resistance: Bludgeon → Lvl 3>
<Resistance: Sleep → Lvl 3>
<Immunity: Poison → Max>
<Weakness: Healing → Lvl 5>

<Equipment>
<War Axe>

<...>
<...>
<...>
<Does everything look correct to you?>

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon
<Answer accepted: Nothing>
<Ability granted: Glitch - Lvl 1>
<Answer accepted: Identification>
<Ability granted: Advanced Appraise - Lvl 1>
<...>
<...>
<Defensively selected.>
<Long-range selected.>
<...>

Last edited:
Kendrick read the skill list. Poison, flight, fire strength, all that made sense. But... Beauty. "beauty? Hey uhh system, I feel like ya messed up there but whatever. Also, Taboo and heresy.... will those like... get me chased by the church.... wait... is the church evil.. Every story sasha told me about usually had the church evil in some way...." He said finally asking a question that made sense. "Im not gonna be hunted down for having these skills am I?" he asked as he was idly spinning and tossing his war axe to get use to its weight while flapping his wings. IT seemed in much of sasha fantasies she read. Nearly every church had some evil secret organization. Kendrick had simply assumed that was normal for these types of worlds. But with a skill called taboo or heresy. THey might get in his way of exploring... Hed like to avoid it. But if confrontation would happen. He would simply do what he already planned to do. Crush anything in his path. "so uhhh. Can i have clothes? SOmething flexible and easy to move in I guess. Though.. maybe something durable would be better... I dont know, your smart. Ill trust you to figure it out."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Brynhildr

<Answer accepted: Nothing>
<Ability granted: Glitch - Lvl 1>

Okay, what the fuck ?
"Okay, what the fuck ?"

Like, seriously, what the hell was this ability ? "Glitch". Didn't even mean anything. Honestly, most of the time I didn't bother with asking and just went with the flow and deduced what I needed to know from context, but here, what the fuck.

"What does that even mean ? Can I at least get an explanation ?"

Urgh. I swear. Machines. Either they're out to get you, or they're gonna drive you mad. Welp. Looked like I was... almost done, I thought ? Might as well go on and finish this quickly. I just wanted to facepalm real hard, but I wasn't sure I wouldn't feel the pain, so I abstained.

Again, I had no idea in the seven hells as to what "basic" ability meant, but then I could assume it was about simple, low-level things. I may have been gaming-illiterate, but I wasn't completely stupid either in that domain. Well... What might I need ? Dexterity I already had... Probably healing. Given that there were apparently quite a few different races, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume they'd all have different physiologies, and require different treatments. So... Learning ? No, too broad and too narrow at once. And my head would probably burst if I tried to know everything about healing a dozen different races. So perhaps... A prognosis ability ? Probably for the best. As for the second... Well, a pair of helping hands wouldn't be bad. Or something more dexterous. I had a few ideas.

"I'm not sure whether those fall under "basic" or not, but I'd choose a prognosis ability and an assistant... like a crow or a centipede."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Desmond Eric Quinn

halforc.jpg

Currently
LocationField of Beginnings
CompanyN/A
ActionGame Start

<You may two basic or equivalent abilities>
<...>

Desmond gritted his teeth a bit, although his jaw and canines seemed to inhibit it. This whole selection seemed to be taking a while. "Abilities..." Desmond noticed a bit of an accent forming in his pallet thanks to his new jaw structure "Well I seem strong and all. I guess having some sort of protection?" he recalled his favorite superhero as a kid. "Like that colossus guy with the iron skin. That would be helpful I think. Some kind of shielding." Desmond wasn't sure his idea qualified. But at least it was an idea. He began to consider the other things he needed help with. He already could run fast, he could throw some hands and keep throwing them for that matter. What was he most worried about in this new world. "And eyesight. If i'm going to fight long ranged it would be nice to be able to see a hell of a lot better than I can now."

<The church is not inherently evil, no. Some gods are, however. Since some gods are, some churches are. Those two abilities sort of... mark you as an outsider. Few people would hunt you for it, though some would hire you for it instead.>
<Here are some clothes.>

He was given simple clothes that looked like they were out of the 1700s, but had some sort of padding underneath to give him some protection. He was also given a backpack with some rope and a knife in it.

<Last part. Please distribute your stats. Once you press done, you will be transported into the world.>
<Stats>
<Strength - 0>
<Toughness - 0>
<Dexterity - 0>
<Speed - 0>
<Knowledge - 0>
<Willpower - 0>
<Magical Stamina - 0>
<Physical Stamina - 0>
<Stress Stamina - 0>
<Ki Stamina - 0>
<Stress Power - 0>
<Magical Power - 0>
<Physical Power - 0>
<Ki Power - 0>
<Stress - 0>
<Stress Resistance - 0>
<You have 1600 points left to distribute.>

<Done>

1617514844549.pngOnce he was done, assuming no other questions, he was transported. A warm static sensation washed over his body and the scene around him faded. Before the scene completely vanished, he could hear a soft female voice say, "Your Sasha will love seeing you again."

The feeling faded, and with it came into view a forest... which he was sat in the middle of. There were little but plants and animals around him, and off in the distance, he could hear the trickling of a stream.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
<Ability granted: Medic - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted: Familiar - Lvl 1>
<...>
<...>
<You're the one who gave the answer of "nothing"... and no, I am not a robot.>
<...>
<...>

<Ability granted: Iron-skin - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted: Enhanced Sight - Lvl 1>
<...>
<...>
<Good points all around, yes.>
<...>
<...>

Lemercer Lemercer

Kendrick​

Kendrick got dressed before he looked at the status page. After ten minutes of multiple failures in basic arithmetic kendrick finally finished his sheet. "Well. My greatest point is My body. Might as well go all in with that. And keep everything else balanced" he said putting his stats in

[Strength: 200
Toughness: 200
dexterity: 200
speed: 100
knowledge: 50
willpower: 100
magical stamina: 50
physical stamina: 200
stress stamina: 25
Ki stamina: 25
stress power: 25
magical power: 50
Physical power: 225
Ki power:25
stress: 75
stress resistance: 25]

Kendrick was ready for the transfer before his eyes shot wide open upon hearing those words. "Sasha?" He asked with no answere before he saw the new world around him. The axe fell out of his hand onto the ground as he fell to his knees. "Shes....here?" Kendrick throat tightened as he swallowed his saliva. "Sasha..... Hehe... I should've known.... Of course youd be here.... Theres no way some system would overlook you who was obsessed with this stuff." He was smiling as tears fell down his face.... ".....I'll find you then... And this time you can be the one showing off their knowledge of nature... Mapping skill. Display" he said as he stood up. Grabbing his axe off the ground. Taking the knife out of his back pack he walked over to a tree and carved in it. "Follow down stream. Most likely to lead to civilization." Before he began heading towards the sound of running water. He left that for any who appeared as well. He didnt know if he was alone in being summoned. But better safe then sorry.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

The abilities made sense, but Lucas was a bit confused at what "Advanced Appraise" meant. Heightened Sixth Sense was something he would have to feel for later, but he grasped the idea firmly within his mind. Whether he could appraise items or situations was the question. One would be extremely useful while assessing an items worth seemed only minorly so. He supposed that if he were ever to go treasure hunting, if for fun or for a grander purpose, it would be useful. He would also be able to judge whether he was getting scammed or not, as people were likely to quickly identify him as an outsider to the general world. The "lvl" text clearly indicated that this was like a video game of some kind. Would he be pulled out sometime or had the gate been real? The whole thing had seemed otherworldly, but he decided not think too much about it, still he figured it was time to attempt an interaction with the Entity that brought him here, hoping that he could at least get an explanation of some kind. He tried to ask a nicely as possible.

"First of all, great Entity, why was I brought here?"

That question should be simple enough for it to answer in theory, but he didn't expect an answer. It seemed more like godlike Entity fucking with him, rather than giving him a chance at a new life, but he wasn't sure yet.

"What exactly does the Advanced Appraise ability do and how do I activate my abilities? Also, are half-dragons disproportionately discriminated against in this world?"

He dotted in the next query of him. Basic abilities? This had to be a videogame, or an alternate world inspired by one. He hadn't been religious in the real world, but this clearly indicated omnipotence to some degree, as if he was merely a toy thrown into a different room, just to be played with. He hadn't played a lot of MMOs, but he knew the basic ideas of one. Magic was definitely real, based on the earlier question, so he assumed he could simply pick something magical as his ability. He figured he had to give an apt description of his abilities, or he might be fooled with by the Entity. He plotted in:

<A magic missile that has a range of at least 30 meters and can stun the enemy for some time, preferably with a low cooldown or mana cost, if applicable>
<A precognitive shield that automatically blocks an attack towards me>

He wondered if he was being greedy. The shield would definitely be powerful, but he didn't want to simply get fireballed from 200 meters away, and that seemed like a real possibility in this world. He would have to get some kind of mobility spell, if his wings weren't enough.

<Welcome.>
<Select your race. Tap for drop-down information.>
<If half-breed, select two.>

Bunny Nergin

<Nergin - Rabbit selected.>
<Select gender.>
<Select height.>
<Select weight.>
<State that which is most important to you.>

Female, 5'0, 100lbs.
Speed.

<Answer accepted: Speed.>
<...>
<Ability granted: Dash - Lvl 1>
<...>

Failure

<Answer accepted: Failure.>
<...>
<Ability granted: Dice - Lvl 1>
<...>

Survival
Loss of parents

Offensive, short-ranged, magic.

<Answer accepted: Survival>
<Ability granted: Danger Sense - Lvl 1>
<Answer accepted: Loss>
<Ability granted: Guardian - Lvl 1>
<...>
<Offensively selected.>
<Short-ranged selected.>
<...>

Translation and speed.

<Ability granted: Translation - Lvl 1>
<Abilities consolidated: Dash - Lvl 1 + Dash - Lvl 1>
<Resultant ability: Dash - Lvl 2>
<...>

Clothes, sword, backpack, rations, compass, rope, knife.

Swordswoman

<Answer Accepted: Swordswoman>
<Ability granted: Technique, Sword - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted: Piercing Thrust - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted: Sheathe - Lvl 1>
<...>
<Gaining abilities from racial choices...>
<Ability granted: Enhanced Sight - Lvl 1>
<Abilities consolidated: Dash - Lvl 1 + Dash - Lvl 2>
<Resultant ability: Dash - Lvl 3>
<Ability granted: - Lvl 1>
<Ability granted: - Lvl 1>

<Amelia - Lvl 1>
<Skill: Animal Instinct → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Danger Sense → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Dash → Lvl 3>
<Sub-skill: Retreating Dash→ Max>
<Skill: Dice → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Enhanced Hearing → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Enhanced Sight → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Enhanced Speed → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Guardian → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Heresy → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Piercing Thrust → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Sheathe → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Taboo → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Technique, Sword → Lvl 1>
<Skill: Translation → Lvl 1>

<Resistance: Earth → Lvl 3>
<Resistance: Poison → Lvl 1>
<Resistance: Slashing → Lvl 3>
<Weakness: Fire → Lvl 3>

<Stats>
<Strength - 50>
<Toughness - 50>
<Dexterity - 50>
<Speed - 145>
<Knowledge - 75>
<Willpower - 100>
<Magical Stamina - 100>
<Physical Stamina - 300>
<Stress Stamina - 100>
<Ki Stamina - 50>
<Stress Power - 150>
<Magical Power - 100>
<Physical Power - 200>
<Ki Power - 50>
<Stress - 30>
<Stress Resistance - 50>

Google gasped as he awoke. before looking around. Nothing but a grassy field. "Ohhhh. Oh my~" he stood up and fixed his outfit, a bit cut up by glass. " Oh darling~ do show yourself. I highly doubt I'm in limbo. Let me guess, God? Goddess? Oh I do hope so. OOh, a collective conscious of the universe? Or maybe something else, Whatever you are. I'm sure you're eager to get whatever your job is done. So come on. I'll take everything you've got to give~" He said looking around his voice rising in a crescendo with his excitement. "hmm Multiverse! Most likely the correct choice, I highly doubt it's just another planet far out in space. That would be ever so boring~" he began musing to himself as he walked around the field feeling the grass pulling some up from the dirt. He was rather composed in this situation. He had clearly died, and now he was sober as a nun. This either meant he was in lucid dream, limbo, or some realm between worlds. Either three of these would be interesting, But the last would prove to be so much more fun~

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Google
What the fuck did I get myself into this time? This? This boy? This horny, deprived motherfucker was the one we were supposed to grab? Fuck.

The system repeated itself.

<Welcome.>
<Select your race. Tap for drop-down information.>
<If half-breed, select two.>
<...>
<I am not a god nor goddess. Nor am I a collective of consciousnesses. Call me an admin.>
<This is another world, not a part of your system of worlds.>
<Here, there is magic.>
<You didn't die, either. We simply plucked you from the situation. You were chosen to come here.>

Kendrick
1617766613891.pngIt wasn't hard to find the closest stream. It looked pristine, practically untouched. Grass and moss grew right up to the edge, and there were a few clear trails here and there of animals that frequented the water. While some trees grew along the edge of the stream, it was mostly open space, much easier to walk along than most of the forest.

As he walked, a creature or two skittered away at his sound. One, that he could catch sight of, looked like a small fox. It seemed to be daytime, though it was chilly out. Overhead was not the oppressive heat of the sun, but an alien scene of a red planet that took up most of the sky. Almost all the light he could see was just reflected off of its body. As he continued to walk, the more shadowed places had hints of snow. Perhaps it was winter. The animals still seemed to be active, however, not hibernating and quiet.

It took a long time, an hour or more, of walking before he could see the first hints of civilization - an old wood shed that stood out among the greenery. Snow hinted at its roof, and vines threatened to overtake the building. A hunting shed.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back