• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Is it Wrong to Try to Make a Dungeon RP?

Kalin Scarlet

RPNation's Overpowered Heroic Sword Saint
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello there ^_^ ! I would like to make an rp based around the anime 'Is it Wrong to try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?', Or Danmachi for short. It would involve your characters (adventurers, dungeon officials, and bartenders, or just normal citizens, and the various gods and goddesses), in the land of Orario, and the infamous dungeon lying beneath it.

I would like it to be an RPG style of roleplay, with stats, and the use of dice and level ups. I haven't come up with how any of that would work out, so I would love any assistance that anyone would like to provide, there. Overall, it'd be pretty open ended, with only a few events bringing all of those personal stories together.

So, this is the part where I ask whod be interested. But, it seems whenever I do that, I just get a bunch of replies from people who think its a cool idea, but can't or won't actually join the rp, or worse, join, and become inactive after a week, and that sucks. So please, if you can't actually join the rp, and remain, and post consistently, even if its once a week, please don't tell me about how much you would like to. Just say you don't have the time, and might check it out later. That I can respect. Anyways, I hope this interests you, and hope you have a nice day, whether you check this out or not.

Well first thing first I suppose. Yes I am interested. 'Is it Wrong to try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?' is an anime I've got on my waiting for Dub queue, as when english is your second language and you have dyslexia, subs are not your friend.

It is a lot easier to use a prebuilt system rather then build one for your needs. From what I know about this anime, you either want to go with a typical fantasy RPG system, and tweak in the anime flavors, or you want something like OVA, a system build from the ground up for running anime like games.

vinom said:
Well first thing first I suppose. Yes I am interested. 'Is it Wrong to try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?' is an anime I've got on my waiting for Dub queue, as when english is your second language and you have dyslexia, subs are not your friend.
It is a lot easier to use a prebuilt system rather then build one for your needs. From what I know about this anime, you either want to go with a typical fantasy RPG system, and tweak in the anime flavors, or you want something like OVA, a system build from the ground up for running anime like games.
I can't seem to find a rulebook for ova. You wouldn't happen to know where I could find it, would you?

It's avalible as a PDF and a book from Wise Turtle, the company that made it. I got mine through their kickstarter. If you're looking to run an anime like game, this is very much the system I would recommend unless fans have made a homebrew for that specific anime (like Pokemon and DBZ have gotten)

I've been trying to work out the system used in the actual series, with the little amount of info given. I think I have something close, but I'm no expert on this.

From what I can tell, it's based more on the JRPG video game genre than any Table Top RPG system.

JRPGs and TTRPGs may share a lot of elements, but some of the core mechanics are unable to be converted... for one thing, grinding against random encounters isn't viable in TTRPGs as it would soon drive the GM mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back