• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Is It Safe Now The Ides Are Over? [Update 6/10/23]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Ayo, it’s Lucyfer, once again looking for some Old Shit to RP. This will be divided up as: Fandoms with Canons and OCs, The World, and The Vibes. The Vibes mean I want to do something original with vibes like it. You’ll have to come to me with some thoughts, but I’m happy to spitball with ya.

Please read the rules, there’s a code in them. Thank you~

1. Don't God-Mod. In other words, don't make my character speak, don't make my character take damage, and don't control my character. If you want something to go a certain way for plot purposes, just PM me and ask. Usually, I accept "god-modding" during travel and the like. It is usually acceptable to assume movement if a character is already committed to the journey.

2. Please be able to play all genders, and play multiple roles. Your main character(s) may be just male or just female, but I expect all the side characters and NPCs to have life and flavor, too.

3. I always double regardless of pairings involved, so you are also expected to double.

4. On the note of characters: I will always play one female character. So, be aware of that. I'm open to all pairing types, and have enjoyed all, so come at me with what you want!

5. I only RP on threads, (or GDocs in rare cases; you’ll have to convince me because I hate cluttering it up), so no PM, kik, discord, e-mail, or other rps with me. So that I know you’ve read the rules this far, please tell me something interesting you’ve read/watched recently!

6. Please be able to write more than a couple of sentences as responses to me. I have tried to do “simple” RPs, but I end up not feeling motivated to respond or continue the RP. I will need you to be able to write a paragraph or two, each post, at least.

7. PM if you are interested. The only reason for you not to PM me is if you cannot do so due to the fact you haven't reached 24 hours/10 posts.

Guidelines:

1. I do not like to be hassled for posts. Especially if I have already posted that day or the day before. Do not bother me for posts until at least two days have passed. Otherwise, I will start to resent our RP and lose interest in it.

2. I enjoy OOC talk, however I will not respond to "hi" or "-poke-" or equivalents. Have substance to the chatter, even if it just asking "How are you?".

3. Do not bump our thread, or do anything OOC in the IC thread. I will not post out of spite. I have a problem with this, I acknowledge it, I'm not fixing it.

4. On that matter, please keep OOC to PMs and not on our IC thread. IC is for posting. If you have a question, concern, or comment, just shoot me a PM.

5. In general, I do not enjoy immediate romances or "slice-of-life" RPs, so do not come to me expecting I'll do either. I do want romance in 9 out of 10 cases, though. I may make rare exceptions.

The Fandoms
OCxCanon trash is here.
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Fallout: New Vegas (willing to negotiate adding in elements of 3 or 4)
  • Devil May Cry (1-3, Anime)
  • Doctor Who (think RTD era)
  • Star Wars (Sequel era, Imperial era, maybe Post-Imperial Era/Pre-First Order)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (aged up OR post Fire Lord Ozai defeat)
  • Dragon Prince
The World
I just want to play in the world/with the lore.
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Fallout 3, 4, New Vegas (I don’t know 1-2, but basically the Fallout ‘verse, not necessarily Vegas or DC)
  • Vampire Hunter D
  • Star Wars (Future Era, after Sequels -- but like way in the future so we have free reign to make our own conflicts and decide how things turned out)
The Vibes
I like the vibes and want to do something original and/or inspired with them.
  • Claymore (seen the anime, plan to read the manga)
  • Berserk
  • The Witcher (NETFLIX SERIES IS ALL I’VE SEEN)
  • Castlevania (Also Netflix Only, sorry)
  • Vampire the Requiem
  • Bloodborne
  • Elden Ring
  • Madoka Magica
  • Sailor Moon
  • Final Fantasy generally
  • HBO’s Rome (I am, in fact, a slut for Roman history but I don’t want to RP the era as it was)
  • The Dark Tower
  • Junji Ito
  • All Of Us Are Dead
  • Evangelion
  • Hell's Paradise
  • Black Butler
  • Greek Mythology - not really Percy Jackson, Lore Olympus, etc.. Not opposed to a Modern setting, but I'm feeling more Hercules & Xena vibes. But not quite that.
Actual Ideas

Greek but give me Xena/Hercules Vibes

Look, I love Lore Olympus like the next basic bitch sipping her peppermint mocha. Never read, never been, interested in Percy Jackson.

But I don’t -want- to write a rollercoaster romance of miscommunication and pointless drama, even if I enjoy reading a comic about it.

No, no, no.

I want antics more like Hercules and Xena. I want some people in an Ancient Greek/Roman inspired time – and very loosely inspired, at that. There is no historical accuracy here. If Julius Caesar is alive at the same time as Hercules, in that show, we’re throwing historical accuracy out the window in this story.

I don’t want to DO Hercules and Xena, but I want the VIBES.

Heroes with a set goal, that keep running into other issues along the way. So we have a narrative plot to follow, and something like an “end” in mind (if only an end to part 1, that leads into part 2). I want centaurs and sirens. I want Gods and Goddess falling in love with humans, and I want them meddling in mortal affairs. I want Gods and Goddesses with personal VENDETTAS against characters. I want a guy trying to sell the latest thing in fashion: small boots! I want a rival as psychopathic as Calisto, and just as heartbreaking.

I want fun. Misunderstood cyclops who got tricked by Nobody, but this time the Cyclops is good and Nobody’s gotta pay. I want a Catallus-esque poet trying to win the love of his life, but oh no, Aphrodite got jealous and now it’s an ORDEAL.

If you vibe, hit me up.

The Heir Apparent
Julius Caesar/Rome

Look. I have an unhealthy obsession with the story of a Power Vacuum after a powerful person dies, and leaves no blood heir. So it's left to the friends of the deceased. Obviously, someone is named, but others aren't happy about it. And some people support the death of the powerful person!

I want a story with similar beats to the death of Julius Caesar, whether we start a little before to build up the relationships, or right after the death.

I want the feelings of betrayal when someone expecting to be heir, is not. I want the surprise of who the heir is. I want the tyrant-slayers to try and keep a foothold. I want the unlikely alliances, the forced alliances, and the terrible decisions that go along with trying to maintain them -- the compromises, the give and take, political marriages, bribery of land and money, support of laws -- I want the DRAMA of the power grabs when power crumbles.

I do prefer this in "low tech" eras, and places that don't have an established monarchy (yet? Yet.), so a singular ruler may NOT be necessary, or even well-received, if not done carefully.

Bread and circus, folks. Bread and circus.

Fallout: Orlando
Fallout 3, New Vegas, 4.

So after visiting Disney World, and even before visiting Disney World, I thought a Fallout based in the area could be pretty cool. I have some loose ideas for it, but the question is always: what’s the plot? What’s the main conflict here?

The Fallout games revolve around the Character motivation…at least the ones I’ve played.

Three was about finding your dad.

Four was about finding your child.

New Vegas, arguably my favorite, is about finding the guy who shot you in the fucking head.

So, ideally, anyone interested in this will be coming to me with strong characters in mind that fit the Fallout world, and motivations we can stick into the location.

But what is the Orlando area like?

Well, ideally, we use A Theme Park (Disney or a Rip-off) as a major location, and perhaps haven to a Major Faction. It could just be a Diamond City or a Strip, or it could be more like Fortification Hill – whatever the case, this should be A Place.

There should be Vaults, of course, with their weird experiments.

There should be NCR because what’s Fallout without the NCR? Maybe some Enclave – but probably not.

I enjoy the way New Vegas went with multiple competing factions, and I don’t think it’d be too hard to give Orlando something worth fighting over, though what that is, I’m not sure. We would no doubt have the NCR on one side, and then a couple of other groups (Enclave? Brotherhood? Our own Group for the Plot?).

I’m also open to making it something more subtle, but equally damning, like the water purification of Fallout 3. Again, I’m not wholly sure what, but it would need to draw in our characters, so it would have to be impactful to everyone.

Struggle
Claymore, The Witcher, Bloodborne, Berserk

Aspects To Involve: Mutated Hunters, Shady Organization, Organization that creates monsters intentionally (in the present or past), Medieval Times, Hunters that become Monsters.

Aspects to Consider: Magic, Eldritch Horrors, Gender Binaries for Hunters (I’m fine discarding it and letting all be hunters, but also open to discussion on it), the types of Monster(s).

Aspects to Deny: Victorian Period.

I’m looking to tell a story that would have these major beats:

1. Hunters in a medieval world, created by a shady organization, traversing the world and going about their roles with the stray(s) they pick up along the way.
  2. The journey leads to them slowly finding out the truth behind their shady organization, in various, likely heartbreaking, ways.
  3. The organization dubs them a threat, perhaps not publicly, and tries to do away with them via missions meant to kill them, and/or sending their own hunters after them. This process forces power growth, as they have to fight with themselves not to step over the lines and become a monster, as much as they are fighting with the threats to their lives. The greatest threat is the one within and what the hunter could become if they’re not careful. (For more of what I’m thinking on this, see Claymore’s “Awakened Ones” wikia, or read about the Hunters Becoming Beasts from Bloodborne).
  4. It leads to them discovering a “truth behind the truth” – the reason the organization is corrupt, the greater evil, or greater misunderstanding, they’re trying to keep from surfacing. Whether it is an evil, a misunderstanding, or something else, is for us to decide.
  5. The build to the confrontation with this Greater Something. This could also include in it the story of the fall of the Shady Organization.

In a nutshell, I want to do a monster hunting story that takes twists and turns, revealing more about the monsters and humanity, and how close they really are. I want it to start out as hunters doing their job, but they start finding out things from this that they can’t shake. The eyes of outsiders help, and more experienced hunters who have been on this trail for a while, also aid.

I usually love a narrative involving revenge, a la Guts and Griffith, Clare and Priscilla, so I wouldn’t at all mind that.

I also love overpowered characters like Teresa and Yennefer – as much as I adore the ones who can bring monsters back from the brink of monstrosity, like Raki and Jean. And, Judeau and Serpico were some of my favorites in Berserk, so whatever THAT time is called, lol.

Obviously, we’ll have our mains, but I hope to fill the world with all sorts, and make this a grand story. If these kinds of stories and beats sound up your alley, hit me up!

Faustian Tale
Black Butler, Victorian Era or Modern Era, Cults

Once upon a time, The Monarchy kept many guilds to keep watch over the people, named after the Three Magi.

One kept watch on the Nobles.

One kept watch on the Enforcers, the police, and other similars...as well as the other Guilds.

And one kept once on the Underworld. Criminals, as well as the Supernatural. This guild was brought to near extinction, save one last flame, who in an act of desperation, called for a Demon, and a Demon came from the depths of Hell for their soul, for all along, it was their soul that the others desired, to bring about their own end goals: A broken, pure soul, that could have cried out to bring Eden to Earth, and purge the world of impurities.

Not that this saved human knows this, nor even the Demon, and therein lies the problem. The deal is a simple one: revenge. The problem is knowing who to take revenge against, as well as hiding the fact that it's being sought, hiding the demon amongst humans, and still doing the necessary job.

The story can begin here.

Or, the story can begin after all is said and done, and the soul claimed -- but in an untraditional manner. Not devoured, but kept like a priceless artifact, and one day, accidentally released to be reborn into a new world, with new problems, but with all the old memories, the old tie to a demon, and more questions than answers as they seem unable to find each other. We'd need to hash out this one quite a bit since it would involve prior knowledge. It's also one we can play into if we mesh well enough, and the ending to the first one feels "natural" enough to have the kind of proposed ending where a 2nd life could happen.

Last edited:
My feels for FFXII are high again, so I'd definitely prefer that, but still open to the rest, too! My soul for a good FFXII RP though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back